Well, now we know.  Many people were curious about how Inspector General Michael Horowitz zeroed-in on the communication between FBI Counterintelligence Agent Peter Strzok and FBI Attorney Lisa Page.

IG Horowitz explains in a letter today (full pdf below) and interestingly provides additional insight into the years-long investigation.  Accepting, based on the past several weeks -and fully accepting there is a reason for the rapid response herein- Horowitz is prudently strategic with his communications, it would also be wise to read between the lines in his letter:

[Page #2] In connection with the OIG’s review of the actions of DOJ and the FBI in advance ofthe 2016 presidentialelection, has the OIG received any similar allegations involving other government officials?

“The OIG’s review is ongoing, and we currently are in the process of completing our witness interviews and document review. Thereafter, we intend to issue a public report with our findings on these and the other issues we are reviewing, and we would be pleased to discuss them with you at that time.”

This entry was posted in Big Government, Conspiracy ?, Decepticons, Deep State, Dem Hypocrisy, Dept Of Justice, FBI, media bias, President Trump, White House Coverup. Bookmark the permalink.

461 Responses to Swamp Tremors – IG Horowitz Explains How FBI Agent Strzok and FBI Attorney Page Appeared on Investigative Radar….

1. albrevin says:

Peter to Lisa…. let’s meet up in Andy’s office

2. georgiafl says:

3. georgiafl says:

• nimrodman says:

“When Comey was telling @POTUS the 2nd & 3rd time that he was not under investigation, Comey himself was under investigation by the IG! Did Trump know this?”

An answer provided farther down in that tweet:
      “The IG probe of the DOJ/FBI was publicly announced on the DOJ’S website on Jan. 12th. So likely yes.”

• mariner says:

That does not follow.

President Trump may know of an ongoing investigation, but that doesn’t mean he had any actual knowledge of who was being investigated.

As he was newly inaugurated he could be sure it wasn’t him or any of his staff, but to find out more would have meant interfering in the investigation, and I don’t believe PDJT did that.

• KBR says:

So, are you equating having knowledge of what/who was being investigated in a Federal Agency under his authority is the same thing as interfering therein? No.

The DOJ (FBI is under DOJ) is an agency directly under the authority of the Administrative Branch of USA, in which the chief administrator is the POTUS, who currently is PDJT.

To Disallow the POTUS to know what is happening under his own authority as chief administrator would disallow him to do his job. Ie: of course he can know.

He cannot stop a legal investigative process. It is part of his job to direct his sub-administrator (Secretary or Assistant Secretary) to find and stop any illegal investigative procedures. He cannot obstruct justice, but he sure has the Constitutional Authority and duty to obstruct any INJUSTICE found within the Administrative Branch.

DOJ and/or FBI are not, as has been claimed, “independent.”

We do not have Judicial, Legislative, Administrative and FBI branches.

We have Judicial, Legislative, and Administrative Branches. Even they are not entirely “independent” as there are many “checks and balances” between them.

4. another installment of the cartoon swamp charade from swamp REPTILE, horowitz…

5. StormyeyesC says:

Am I reading the letter wrong? Says that IG got the second batch on August 10th but he advised Mueller and Rosenstein on July 27th?

• maggiemoowho says:

I think he informed M and R about what he found in the first batch on July 27th, and informed them that he requested more which he got on August 10.

• All Too Much says:

I think the August date refers to text messages located in August, after the July advise to Special Counsel of the earlier discovered set messages.

6. covfefe999 says:

Lou Dobbs started his show with Michael Mukasey. Mukasey was clearly unprepared, at least he admitted he didn’t see the hearings but he opined about the 10,000 texts and said he thought it was inappropriate that “private communications” were released. I guess he’s unaware that the adulterous libtards were using FBI phones, not personal phones. Next time Mukasey is on I’m going to change the channel.

• mimbler says:

The one thing I learned from him is what we suspected. Congress has no teeth and nothing will happen.

His answer when Lou asked him what congress could do?
      He stated that “no one wants to get a contempt of congress citation”. Oh my goodness, it must go on their permanent record! /s

Holder just smirked at his, and wasn’t bothered in the slightest. If that’s all they’ve got, their hearings are just bread and circuses as we suspected.

• Sylvia Avery says:

I can understand Holder smirking at his contempt of Congress. I mean, he was Obama’s BFF, right? Everyone knew Holder’s boss wouldn’t care or do anything. It was apparent Obama was corrupt.

I just can’t imagine one of President Trump’s appointees receiving a contempt of Congress citation and what, President Trump high fives him next time he sees him? Or slaps his ass and says, “Well done!”

If that were to happen, and President Trump does nothing, I guess that is when I get off the Train.

• mimbler says:

And PDJT has been watching the FBI and DOJ stonewall Congress since he was elected. He hasn’t done anything about it, and I suspect it is because it would have a lot of political blowback. The whole obstruction of justice charges whenever he talks to DOJ.

I’m guessing that contempt letter will not single out any individuals, as DOJ/FBI has been using the “wall of bureaucracy” to stonewall. This would also make it hard for Trump to act.

Also, it won’t tell him anything he doesn’t already know, and I can’t see him waiting to act because of the lack of a letter from Congress.

But, I haven’t abandoned hope, I’m just squinting hard at this whole affair.

• Sylvia Avery says:

Yes, PDJT has been observing the stonewalling of Congress and others like JW for FOIAs and it has been maddening. I can only assume he hasn’t acted because of the political blowback sure to come, as you say.

If Congress doesn’t cite people individually for contempt, then I just don’t even know what to say. They may as well not bother.

While a congressional contempt citation wouldn’t tell PDJT anything he doesn’t already know, it would provide him IMO a really good reason/political cover to ask for a resignation.

Unless of course, he doesn’t actually want that person to resign because they are doing what he wants….whatever that may be.

I do not have the patience for elaborate conspiracy theories. Nor can I sit for hours and patiently untangle the gold chains on my necklaces. Some skilz I got, some I don’t.

I don’t expect much from Congress. They are for the most part hopelessly compromised and the hearings are a lot of sound and fury signifying not much and they cannot themselves indict anyone.

One thing they can do is draw attention and attempt to help the lo fo’s form opinions. They must have made a mark somewhere, because now the Dims fight back!

The Dims have just started now to blather about the texts and the IG investigation and how awful Rod Rosenstein is, so there will be PLENTY to squint at going forward!

• mimbler says:

Good summary; we are on the same page,

• KBR says:

What does everybody expect Congress to do?

They have oversight. They don’t have prosecutorial power. But they can oversee and bring it out to the people (they are supposed to represent.) That is what they ARE doing.

They ARE sound and fury in an investigation under their purview, (supposedly representing the sound and fury of the people, and doing that through listening to the people, representing us there, and in turn informing the people of their/our progress and of the LAWs being broken, of unjust practices) but if our Constitutional System is working right, it DOES signify something.

Their main job is to make laws. (Legislature) That is why a Congressional or Senate investigation usually ends with “we will make laws so this cannot happen in future.” MAKE LAWS IS WHAT THEY DO. Also they may make a strong recommendation to prosecute.

THAT is their part, their job, their mandate, as per our Constitution. They don’t have teeth to enforce nor prosecute because that’s under the purview of the Administrative Branch.

They are not SUPPOSED to have that kind of teeth. Don’t ever let them make a law to give themselves the powers of other branches! Much less start wishing they had them due to impatience: do you wish to break the Constitution or keep it?

The Administration’s (POTUS’s) Department of Justice both enforces and prosecutes.
              Here lies the power to arrest and prosecute. The Congressional Investigation bringing all this extreme illegal bias to light (With GREAT SOUND AND FURY) makes it clear, the and SIGNIFIES (especially important right now, with the idiotic liberals who wish to impeach the POTUS if he does his job, on their claim that he is “obstructing justice”) that our Administration must act to stop the INJUSTICES. If our Admin is stopping INJUSTICES, they are not “obstructing justice” they are, in fact, “obstructing injustices.”
              THIS is the Congress’s part under the Constitution. (So Legislature’s Investigatory Power is not “sound and fury signifying nothing” because it signifies something: that the injustices must be stopped both for now-by Administration, and for later-by Legislature.)

If taken to Supreme Court then the Judicial Branch oversees the trial and makes judgement according to laws made by Legislature, and their interpretations of the finer points of the laws.

It is in the Constitution.

My husband was getting his dander up tonight wanting something done, now! I know I feel the same. But I told him “I guess if we had a medieval king we could just behead these people and hang their heads on pikes. Unless the king favored them instead of us. Think about that, and be patient.”

• Sylvia Avery says:

Good post!

You make a really good point about expecting Congress to do something. In this case, they are basically doing their job. But they can’t control the outcome, that isn’t their job.

I do wish PDJT would put his boot in the behind of Sessions, Rosenstein, Wray or whoever and tell them to turn over all the documents that Congress is wanting to see so they can do their job.

• KBR says:

I think all this Congressional “sound and fury” is going to help against the liberals calling for POTUS impeachment on any grounds of “obstruction of justice.” As soon as they shout out that Administration must stop/obstruct all this INJUSTICE.
                  I hope it helps.

• Orygun says:

Thanks for the rational article! I know people want satisfaction right now but hey, I watched it for a lifetime and I certainly don’t want to let these crooks off the hook.

Congress doesn’t prosecute and we have to play by the rulebook as defined by the Constitution.

• KBR says:

Thanks for your comment.
                  Too many did not pay attention to civics classes, too many forget, far too many never even had a decent civics class.

(I think I learned all this by sixth grade, & had it reinforced via Required US History and Required Civics Classes, back when you did not graduate high school if you could not pass required-of every single student-courses.)

The Constitution. Ever important. Reread it now-and-then, please, everybody.

• sat0422 says:

If you get off the train, I hope you have a few good pairs of walking shoes or you have purchased a horse. There is nothing else to hitch your hopes and dreams to in 2017 and we must pray for our President daily.

• Sylvia Avery says:

You are right.

I am a little frustrated because I would like to see PDJT demand his executive branch comply with Congressional requests in the interests of transparency.

It seems as though his Executive Branch is operating in defiance of him. But I recognize NONE of us knows what is really going on behind closed doors and all we can do is speculate.

Regardless, PDJT is the only game in town and the best hope we have had in forty years and has done an awful lot so far despite having to fight every day to get anything accomplished at all.

Makes me want to kick the wall sometimes. Not productive, I know.

• stevephoenix72 says:

Yet Congress has the power to arrest and imprison for contempt, if they wished to do so, to properly enforce their authority (Anderson v. Dunn, 1821). It is not at all a new or rare doctrine—but Congress, if they wish to effect any respect for law and in fact for their own authority, has to enforce penalties against scofflaws like DOJ, FBI and certainly McCabe who is clearly concealing evidence. Otherwise they will continue to be the Barney Fife brigade.

• stevephoenix72 says:

• mariner says:

We should all know that’s all they have.

This is the Trump administration, though so I have more faith than you that something will be done.

It just won’t come from those useless braying jackasses in Congress.

• mimbler says:

That’s what I was getting at. It’s like Lucy and the football. So many people get excited when Congress makes noise, and then they jerk the football away.

• G. Combs says:

Not interested in the Braying Jackasses and I am very glad AG Sessions played them and gave them NO INFORMATION. It keeps the Swamp’s sticky fingers out of the investigations.

• 4sure says:

Mulkasey is a tool. He’s part of the attorney cult.

• KBR says:

Mukasey is a Bushie boy. I have no cause to respect him.

• Donna in Oregon says:

Mukasey was a Never Trumper if I remember correctly so is Dana Loach,Katie Pavlich, Michelle Malkin, and Ben Shapiro. Why I watch OANN instead of Fox because of these and other backstabbers that think we forgot…..

Never forget. Forgiven, not forgotten.

• roadglideclyde says:

45Tre895

7. Michael says:

Are the text messages avilable to thee gen public? If so I would request a link because I’m not finding them.

8. JimWVa says:

Besides Mr. and Mrs. Ohr, the relationships between CrowdStrike, FBI, Department of Homeland Security and the Obama/Clinton resistance should be investigated.

Review the activities of Shawn Henry, Dmitri Alperovitch and Phyllis Schneck.

Are these Washington DC area residents part of FBI SA Peter Strzok‘s “insurance policy”?

9. 4sure says:

Lou is NOT backing down from wanting heads charged criminally, and Dertz. did not agree w/that. Once a swamp critter Liberal, always a swamp liberal. Dertz did not see anything wrong w/Mueller’s partisan staff. All of these $#@& stick together.

• covfefe999 says:

I saw that. Dershowitz voted for crooked Hillary? Does he now know how crooked she is?

• mariner says:

Only if he wishes to.

So probably not.

• Sylvia Avery says:

It is perfectly acceptable to be crooked…for the correct cause. Hillary is a Dim. End of story. The left sticks together like glue. They never let anything like integrity cloud their judgment. It truly is astounding.

They must laugh themselves into convulsions over our infighting: Mo! No! Luther’s the man. No! Moore! No, a pox on all your houses! I’ll show you! I’ll stay home!” Sigh.

• keebler AC says:

King Bannon is at fault for stirring up angst and turning people against Trump’s Maga personnel……including all the dreary Javanka, McMaster, Kelly and yes, Luther smears that gets repeated here…..which is like a dreary constant but necessary whack a mole exercise.

• fuzzi says:

Breitbart has pro-Cruz and Never-Trump for a long time. Their articles still reflect that bias, so I rarely go there anymore. I like it here much better, among like-minded MAGAzines. 😉

• fuzzi says:

Breitbart “was” I meant to type. Excuse my old eyes that missed that typo.

• keebler AC says:

Yes, BB has learned how to use alphabet media tactics…..and interestingly, in those tactics are hypnosis. I’ll explain. BB mixes real news with the fake news agenda-driven news. Obama used to do same when campaigning. He’d start his speeches with facts that didn’t contradict your eyes, ears and senses. Then once he had the audience believing he was credible, he starts with his lies and rhetorical unfactual 1960s persuasion harking from his Woodstock days. I mean if people thought Moore was behind the times with his late 70s dating, Obama was even worse with his 1950-60’s spiel!!

P.S. I like your “suspicious cat” avatar Nice to see:)!

• MVW says:

Dersh lives in a glass house, Hillary has the goods on him.

• WSB says:

Dersh is trying to save his own butt.

• mimbler says:

I was actually surprised by Dertz. He’s a flaming lib, but is normally logical. He wasn’t at all with Lou,
      Actually makes me thinks he is seeing something going on that has him rattled in this affair.

10. youme says:

11. trumpsbamagirl says:

“Everything HRC touches she kind of screws up with hubris.”- Colin Powell

It appears many of the swamp creatures also will be described as everthing they touch being screwed up with hubris.

12. delmarvajim says:

So I looked into my own “wayback machine” for Jan. 12,17 and the only reference I saw to the OIG from that was:

Maquis says:
    January 12, 2017 at 7:20 pm
    Anyone catch the FBI story on Drudge?
    The FBI Inspector General is conducting an investigation of Comey over his Hillary debacle (s) in the campaign.
    Comey claims to welcome it.
    I don’t doubt that. It’s clearly a ploy to claim that the FBI found no wrong doing in it’s own house, so no need for President Trump to investigate or fire Comey.
    Comey is in year four of a supposed ten year term.
    Sneaky SOB.
    Fire him!

13. maggiemoowho says:

Lol😄, the Democrats are going loco because the DOJ released those texts. They are now accusing the DOJ of undermining the Mueller investigation. Democraps know that there is nothing to be found concerning Trump and Russia , so they’re going use this to make it seem like the investigation was unfair or something, those Dem idiots never learn.

14. BMG says:

Nothing will happen, no indictments, nada, zilch, ningun.

This is all, another Howdy-Gowdy Benghazi production. Fire, brimstone, and then voila! a flat nothing.

Horowitz, Congress, Sessions, Wray-> Grow a pair; Surprise Us, restore the Law and Constitution.

15. Paco Loco says:

War of the Worlds by Orson Wells.
    Ham Radio operator Nelly Ohr vainly calling CQ for her FBI contact.

• cheryl says:

Please educate me on her use of the ham radio. I suspect it has something to do with not being recorded?

• WSB says:

The internet is a wonderful thing.

• cheryl says:

I would have preferred that you not answer at all than to smart off at me. It was a real request but I will ask somebody else.

• RAC says:

It’s mentioned as a possibility she could have used radio as a means of evading having her other means of communication monitored. Myself I think the Ham Radio thing is more of a coincidence. Why leave a trail when the equipment can easily be purchased and used with very little chance of being noticed, and if caught it’s only a smack over the wrist sort of offense.

• WSB says:

This group is all about researching information, and you would need to study a lot more than a one sentence response.

16. Craig Dominik says:

Just a thought (throwing out ideas), maybe things are going to be reversed. Trump will now help cover things up for the crooked DOJ and FBI (also helping the crooked Congress). In turn the crooked DOJ, FBI and Congress will start to give Trump some room to operate and get some things done. I know this sounds crazy, but it sure is a crazy mixed up situation.

17. kinthenorthwest says:

Had to share

://twitter.com/_Proud_American/status/941480043825414144

18. iwasthere says:

Well I have been demanding an IG review for many years. Dearest IG’s, in all departments, vindicate your need, and validate your offices.

19. doc00 says:

Everybody wants legal action. The problem is there is NOT enough hard evidence to support a trial and victory. Yes, the IG has done a masterful job exposing the all the actors but his evidence can all be to easily shown to be ambiguous in meaning. Like him or not that was the exact meaning behind Judge Napolitano’s commentary on the matter. He is not a supporter of these people but he did expose the weakness of a legal case, that requires direct links. There is nothing directly linking e-mails to action. It is horrifying how brazen and secure these DoJ employees felt to text and e-mail these kind of messages. The Obama administration did a very good job clearing out direct links, especially to the top dogs. Hopefully people can be made to flip or some shred of evidence was missed when Obama’s people made their sweep to destroy files and evidence, maybe somebody kept a doomsday file for self protection. We’ll see as this unfolds, I hope something is found as evil people always seem to make major mistakes as is evident by the progress made by the IG to date.

20. 1. If I were a defense Attorney examining a jury pool and any of the possible jurors reflected the prejudice against my client that many of the government agents have against President Trump I would certainly not accept them on the jury as it is probable that their decision would reflect their bias. I would not be willing to risk obtaining justice for my client on the possibility that they might be fair.
    2. If the Judge assigned to the case reflected the same prejudice I would do everything to get a different Judge. The object is justice.
    3. We live in a republic in which we elect people to represent US. Those elected take an oath to do so. Not only is their most important mission to represent those that elected them, but to also work with other elected representative to ensure the people are governed in accordance with the peoples law in our case the United States Constitution.
    4. When those representatives form a coalition that blatantly refuses to meet their sworn obligation to participate in our representative form of government they are not only performing a subversive act but are individually guilty of aiding and abetting an effort to destroy the Republic.
    5. Shutting down government operations is not only subversive but defies the peoples specific requirement for a fully functional representative government. Actions such as this not only cost taxpayers billions of dollars in receipt of nothing but once again stand in defiance of the people’s law.

21. Dave says:

Does anyone out there know how a “Contempt of Congress” can hurt you? I think if you have one, and subsequently play Monopoly, you can’t pass GO and collect your $200!

22. georgiafl says:

Well now!

23. georgiafl says:

24. G3 says:

From the Washington Examiner Jan 3, 2017
    The new leader of Democrats in the Senate says Donald Trump is being “really dumb” for picking a fight with intelligence officials, suggesting they have ways to strike back, after the president-elect speculated Tuesday that his “so-called” briefing about Russian cyberattacks had been delayed in order to build a case.

“Let me tell you: You take on the intelligence community — they have six ways from Sunday at getting back at you,” said Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer Tuesday evening on MSNBC after host Rachel Maddow informed him that intelligence sources told NBC news that the briefing had not been delayed.

25. LOL! notice that this thug puppet attack dog WAPO article was written by someone name “Sari Horwitz”…fitting

“While the report criticized officials in Washington, it said Attorney General Eric H. Holder Jr. had no advance knowledge of the tactics and risks involved in the operation until after it was stopped.”

horwowitz is a puppet of the thug puppets – installed to DELAY and then produce nothing burger results – this is CLASSIC SWAMP DEFLECTION

ENDLESS INVESTIGATIONS leading to some criticism of low level (possibly ficticious) operatives that NOBODY cares about – see “Reality Winner”

while dribbling to the media just enough to keep people engaged in their dopey drama

mark my word – his bogus “report” will NEVER implicate the real criminals – and we all know who they are….

EVEN IF it did (see hell freezing over) the results would STILL HAVE TO BE PROSECUTED BY ROSENSTEIN (he of the utmost respect for his swamp pal mueller) or sessions (i won’t even get into him)

NOT HAPPENING

now none of us know where this is going – nobody does except the globalist psychopaths calling the shots – but there is simply no question that Donald Trump needs to FIRE THEM ALL NOW AND CLEAN HOUSE….that would be the ONLY way to fix this

again – it’s the SWAMP INVESTIGATION itself and assaulting The President relentlessly with a ROGUE permanent shadow government and it’s ruthless attack dog swamp media operatives.

THIS HAS TO END

or not…pass the popcorn please

26. “The extraordinary dedication these men and women bring to their new roles will greatly serve the American people,” Obama said in a statement when he announced Horowitz and four other administration posts. “I am grateful they have agreed to serve in this Administration and I look forward to working with them in the months and years to come.”

all you know about this swamp muppet…

27. 4harrisonblog says:

President Trump has great timing and can see the players and field better than we ever can. We are very lucky to have him as our President. I will hold off judgment on everything and let history judge how he did or didn’t do.