Senator Al Franken Schedules Announcement For Tomorrow…

It appears the DNC (Perez) gender plan for the political aspirations of elected Democrats is continuing.  In a coordinated and strategically timed roll-out today, DNC Chairman Tom Perez and a host of top level Democrats began demanding Senator Al Franken resign from his Senate seat.

Senator Franken is inside the famous Democrat cross-fire ‘kill zone’.  His likelihood of re-election is very low, and simultaneously his ouster feeds a scripted useful narrative. Hence, he’s a goner…

WASHINGTON DC – […] Starting around 11:30 a.m. ET, the senators posted statements in a coordinated effort, one after the other, on social media, saying the Minnesota Democrat should step down.

Some comments were elaborate, lengthy and loaded with a moral message. Others, like that of Sen. Claire McCaskill of Missouri, were straight to the point. “Al Franken should resign,” she simply tweeted.

Within the next 90 minutes, 16 Democrats — 10 of them women — and one Republican senator — Susan Collins of Maine — had publicly urged their colleague to vacate his seat.

Meanwhile, giants in other industries like Hollywood and the news media were being fired or quickly taken down for similar allegations. In the US House of Representatives, Democratic leaders were calling for two of their own — longtime Rep. John Conyers of Michigan and freshman Rep. Ruben Kihuen of Nevada — to step down amid allegations of unwanted sexual advances.

In the Senate, however, it was quiet. Until Wednesday. Women Democratic senators had been talking behind the scenes for at least the past week about how to deal with Franken, multiple aides told CNN. But those talks reached a tipping point Wednesday morning, they said, when Politico published a report at 9 a.m. ET of another woman alleging that Franken touched her inappropriately in 2006, before he was elected to office.

The story prompted a flurry of calls and texts between Senate offices within minutes, and it was decided sometime between then and about 10:30 a.m. ET that the women senators would go public in a show of unity with their desire for Franken to step aside. “Their patience had worn incredibly thin,” said an aide to one of the women senators. Soon after that, Franken was given a heads up about what was coming, according to an aide to one of the women senators. (read more)

This entry was posted in Big Government, Big Stupid Government, Dem Hypocrisy, Desperately Seeking Hillary, Election 2018, Election 2020, Hollywood, media bias, Professional Idiots, propaganda, Sex Scandals, Sexism - To Promote Hillary, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

395 Responses to Senator Al Franken Schedules Announcement For Tomorrow…

1. MouseTheLuckyDog says:

A rumor out there.
    The Senators did not call for Franken to resign until he called them and told them he was going to resign. So they get the creds for asking him to resign.
    The funny rumor:
    Someone started a rumor that Al was going to resign, even though he was not going to. The Senators ran to call for him to resign. Now Al is not going to resign. So are they going to walk it back.

• lastinillinois says:

That would be the funniest episode Franken has ever been involved with.

• ecmarsh says:

I’d like to see old boat anchor Al say, “I ain’t going anywhere.”

• dagnyshrug says:

If Minnesota had a Republican governor who might appoint a Republican interim senator, all dems whether male, female, or any of those other genders, would be fighting tooth and nail for Franken, no matter how bad the optics. As it stands their virtue signaling costs them nothing. Minnesota has a democrat governor, so Franken will be replaced by a democrat, likely Keith Ellison. Sexual predators should go, no doubt. The Left detests sexual predators as much as the rest of us do, but they love their own sexual predators.

2. fleporeblog says:

Folks I have been saying it for the past three weeks that there is one target 🎯 the Democrats, MSM, RINOs are all after and that is our President! Notice who was given the green light to come out first. The POS Senator from NY, Gillibrand. At this point she is the front runner to win the Democrat nomination in 2020. A few weeks ago she went after Bill Clinton by stating if she had been in the Senate at the time, she would have asked him to resign. She has been at the forefront of sexual harassment in the Senate.

They realize the Muh Russia fiasco is on its last leg. Once it disappears, all you will hear for the next 2+ years is a recycling of our President’s accusers with a few more deciding to come out with false stories. They will claim that they have taken the high road while the Republicans have not. They will use Roy Moore and our President as the example. It will be non stop 24 hours a day.

In their minds, that is the only way they can fight him. Everything he is doing and will do in transforming our country will mean they can’t beat him on domestic and foreign policy.

The great news for us is that our President was elected a month after these BS accusations came out. Nothing has changed since then other than the fact that our country is being Made Great Again. I hope that the Senate actually follows through with their threat to bring ethic charges against Roy Moore. He will have his chance to dispute his accusers. Gloria Allred will have to produce the document. It won’t stand up against forensics.

The Senate will realize this and won’t move forward with an ethics review. I pray that Gillibrand is the nomination. Good luck convincing the Rust Belt, Middle America and the South that a NY Senator is the right person to run our country. America has awoken to the fact that a NY Businessman was the BEST choice in running our country not just for four years but eight years!

3. PaulM says:

Harry Reid didn’t waste any time getting out of town when this was all starting up.
    Maybe he got a heads up and paid off who he could and bumped off who he couldn’t. Someone should go around to the grammer schools in Vegas to see if there’s any 10 year old boys driving new Ferrari’s. By now, I suppose Harry is off on an island with cankles and her bildo. I sure would like to see life catch up with him.

4. TwoLaine says:

I’m sure we will learn a lot more when we get the slush fund lists and when we find out what is in the Awan files.

5. Sandy says:

Best Christmas present would be that he resigns never to heard or seen AGAIN!!!

6. PTC says:

the Dems have obviously made a deal with McConnell, they’ll get rid of Franken and he’ll get rid of Moore

• Chickficshun says:

Stupid deal. As Minnesota will get another dem senator and alabama will get a dem senator too. McConnell likes being the only Senate Majority leader in history who is actually being controlled by the minority party.

• deqwik2 says:

Alabama will get another Rep senator. We have a Rep Governor that would appt someone until we have another special election. (Gawd I dread the thoughts of that).

7. disgustedwithjulison says:

Sorry…my spidey sense finds the whole Franken thing odd. Franken did some very juvenile things prior to being a Senator (as the photo on the airplane shows). His whole career was based on juvenile humor. He thought the gropes were funny. He’s a dope. I find what he did (though I don’t approve) in a completely different league than the serious abuse of power and threats to obtain sexual favors that many of the slime balls in DC or Hollywood have done (W. Clinton, Conyers, Weinstein, etc.). As a Minnesotan I cheer him resigning and say good riddance….but we are probably going to see Keith Ellison imported into that seat…I would rather have Stuart Smiley than Ellison (who is reknowned around these parts for not being too bright). I think Franken is in on whatever the master plan is. He knows he won’t be reelected and might as well fall on the sword in order for that sword to be used on a certain President. Something doesn’t smell right here.

• Deb says:

I agree, it’s a set up. Matt Lauer, Weinstein, all these creeps were protected and promoted for years. It was an open secret. Now suddenly they are sacrificed, all so they can bring down PDJT.

When the narrative they want doesn’t materialize, they simply invent it.

Trillions of dollars are at stake.

• TheLastDemocrat says:

OR, it could simply be Biblical. Egypt happened to have an amazing administrator/politician, who could play 3D chess, appear and exhibit his “are you tired of winning yet” shortly before a walloping 7 years of famine.

• Esperanza says:

I agree, I find the witch hunt deeply unpleasant, though the French kissing thing is assault. Franken is outed and either resigns or doesn’t, if he doesn’t the electors decide.

On another note, I preferred all the dinosaur Dems. Now there will be new feisty ones.

• JoAnn Leichliter says:

Good take, disgusted.

8. Another example of equal justice for all/sarc. It’s quite frightening actually.
    As soon as they get rid of their Democrat offenders they will take on a holier than thou countenance and begin to beat mercilessly on Donald Trump and Roy Moore.
    I have a feeling many more women will be paid to come forward and accuse the President of even more horrible deeds than they already have. An impeachment pile on is what I see in our near future.

• sunnydaze says:

The only reason to be frightened is if you believe Moore and Trump are really perverts.

I don’t. No fear here.

• Pam says:

Exactly. The president isn’t going anywhere. Period. I don’t think Moore is a pervert either. I have a feeling the people of Alabama don’t think so either. It’s almost as if the dems are in panic mode because they are starting to think he really will win next week.

• sunnydaze says:

Stupid pollsters got their hopes up…again.

• NotALiberal says:

I must say, I was not surprised in the least by the accusations against Judge Moore. Living in the liberal he**hole of western Washingtonstan, I have come to expect these shenanigans whenever a true conservative encroaches upon the status quo. I expected this also with PDJT during the election cycle, and I was not disappointed. What truly chaps my hide is that women who truly have been assaulted will continue to be doubted because of these women being trotted out prior to an election, whether false or not. I suspected immediately it was a hit on Judge Moore, and Gloria Allred entering the picture only cemented my belief that these “accusations” were, indeed, false.

• CountryclassVulgarian says:

Right you are. Note the key words “more women will be paid to come forward”. Their false accusations will still go nowhere.

• The frightening thing is that these people are all being destroyed without a fair trial. Anyone can be accused, even by anonymous faceless people and be believed. They have the power to bring an enemy down with no proof.

• CountryclassVulgarian says:

This whole idea that the women are to be believed without question or evidence is indeed very frightening and it matters not how far back they go. How far back is far enough? Is 75 year old Susie now going to get 75 year old Johnny for kissing her at the prom?

9. Pam says:

10. In Az says:

I know, Breitbart is not a favorite of many.
    This article shows that what many have been saying is correct……..the Democrat’s demands for accused sexual harassers to step down is so the Dimms can go after President Trump and Judge Moore.

• sunnydaze says:

It’s not the ONLY reason. It’s just a percieved “side benefit ” to them.

They feel they can bolster their lies re. Trump and Moore. So.What?

Let them. It won’t change a thing. But it’ll make ’em feel good for a bit, til their next crushing blow.

BTW, here’s the guy Conyers wants to take his seat. His son who was arrested for domestic violence:

• What do Trump and Moore have in common? They are the only two politicians that were not pre-endorsed by the swamp, and therefore can’t be controlled by the establishment. The people have woken up and are now voting for candidates they can’t control. The Deep State is terrified about this. All they have left is to fabricate accusers to bring them down for non existent sexual crimes. Something which is almost impossible to prove either way. They really do think we are as dumb as a box of rocks.

Whilst not air tight, polygraphs should be given.

11. Edith Wenzel says:

I am not a Franken fan, but I have so had it with women. They are all bent on ruining men’s careers which I find a bullying as they claim the ‘so called offender’ to be. I still do not think
    grown women in the workplace should be treated like children. They are grown ups who can handle themselves. Simply tell the person to ‘……..off”. But silly workplace issues should not
    ruin someones life. And, please don’t start telling me it ruined the women’s life. Once a woman
    matures which is much sooner than a male they do not get ‘damaged’ because some guy pinches their bum. Rape is a different thing. I have had attitude about this for some time. I would see/hear
    women playing fun with guys in the office, or in a bar after work then talk about them because they
    made a pass at them. No sympathy from me, as I saw them as much to blame. My story and I’m sticking to it.

12. Joe says:

Franken is worthless but he serves at the pleasure of the voters of his state.

13. Watcher says:

So Conyers, Frank, and the freshman other guy. Doesn’t change a thing, their replacements will be demorats, cleaner but still dems. Probably more electable than the outgoing pervs.
    We need to focus on OUR candidates that WE vetted and is the strongest MAGA horse we can field.
    What the dems are up to is positioning themselves to win in 2018.
    After slick(the perv in chief) and hildabeast (the glass ceiling) the dems party has to be torn down and rebuilt. Their going after the evangelical and women vote with these shenanigans.
    Stay strong and MEGA.

14. AngelMom. says:

Al Franken is waiting to see how Wray testimony goes. If Wray drops a bombshell/s. Franken will then announce his retirement to knock Wray testimony from the news cycle.

15. My two cents. I don’t think he should resign. He clearly thinks he has done nothing wrong and is torn about all this. He is being bullied out of his job.

This, like everything else, is all getting totally out of control. Today he was accused of hugging somebody. Really??? He has never admitted he did anything wrong. He has said sorry if people were offended by his friendly manner, not that he was a predator. There are plenty of them in DC, and I have not heard anything that would put him in this category. That picture was him making a foolish joke. I don’t even think he made bodily contact with her. As a politician, it was a silly thing to do, but it wasn’t assault. He didn’t force her to have sex against her will, or leave her with a bruised and broken lip, something the DEMs have all defended in their dear leader before. Roy Moore’s accusers are all people he has prosecuted in the past. One of them even produced evidence that was a forgery. But still the media don’t care. The accusation is enough. If Moore doesn’t sue, this will never end.

So here is my turn.

When I went to DC, Pelosi and Schumer both touched me inappropriately. There we go. I said it. I am so brave for coming out. I can bathe in my new victim status. Tomorrow, I expect both to be gone, because I said so. Because that it how it works now.

And how many women’s cleavages have you seen? How many women dress to make sure you can see their ass? What about a cameltoe? Is this all sexual assault on my senses? Women do dress provocatively, and they do it to turn men on, but they get offended if the the WRONG man is turned on.

And who would investigate? The FBI? That is nothing but a whore house and a place where women go to be abused. Don’t believe me? Read this

What do they think of these highly paid patriotic “can’t do anything wrong” heroes we must all look up to now? And they go after Al Franken as their fall guy. We need more conservative women to start condemning this witch hunt. CheryI Sandberg has.

Franken should fight it out. I am a staunch conservative. I agree with virtually none of his politics. But so what? It doesn’t mean he is not entitled to justice and representation just like everyone else.

We are all going to have to live like 17th Century puritans at this rate.

And what about this. Ivanka is being abused by her children. Or was it the other way around? When you look at the link below, don’t forget to NOT look at all the sexual images of these media whores who desperately want attention. It will make you a sexual predator.

The world has gone insane. Franken should fight the puritans, who are probably all perverts themselves. Most of it is projection.

• CountryclassVulgarian says:

Well said.

• Esperanza says:

I agree, I have seen nothing so far that makes Franken resign. He’s an unpleasant creep and needs to stop, but being an unpleasant creep isn’t illegal.

• mobiuswolf says:

Just so, projection, and throwing fellow pervs under the charging bull (for a little realism.)
      I imagine if we could clean the pervs out of DC, we would no longer need “drainage.”

• Tom says:

“I have had my rear end fondled by women many a time when I was young, and at work. I just dealt with it, there and then. I didn’t need to ruin their lives over it. And it wasn’t something that traumatized me. I was just taken aback, mainly because I am married, and thought their actions were too forward. But I never thought these people could be put into a category of sexual predators. A little overconfident – yes. Sexually promiscuous – possibly. Making a pass at me – obviously so. But a predator – never.”

Again, disagree here. A woman making a physical pass at a man can be told, knock it off or I’ll knock you off. But a man making a physical, pretend or otherwise, pass at a woman ? No, there’s a disparity in physical force potential there that is far more threatening, so women friends say. It’s not as easy to shrug off, since as one told me, she kept wondering if the guy was next going to corner her in provate and try again, with more intent, as he was mad she didn’t “want it”.

No, men are and should be held to a different standard because of the disparity in physique, musculature, height etc. That doesn’t exonerate or excuse women who make false or misleading allegations. It’s also not fair that women are safer in a group of other women than alone in out of the way places, but that’s just the facts of life.

• Michael says:

Are you serious?
        A woman makes a pass and he can do what? Threaten her with physical violence?
        The legal definition of such a statement is “assault”.
        Have you heard the phrase “hell hath no fury like a woman scorned”?
        A quick trip to HR and the man would be toast.

• springstreet says:

Yes, they are using Moore and Franken to go after Trump … so everyone must demand due process and not “mob justice” for ALL the accused. In a courtroom, the SJW will have to define their (idiotic) terms. Moore’s accuser said it was “Creepy” that a 30+, public sector employee, college graduate and war veteran chatted with a 22 year old salesgirl. Was it “creepy” that the publicly employed, 30+ year old, college graduate, war veteran JFK talked with the 22 year old Jackie?
      And, the Social Justice Warriors are using the word “minor” to refer to a woman who is over the age of consent … but under 21! Most of our (older and much older) Presidents met their future first ladies when their future wives were “minors”!
      Moore’s accuser said she was a 14 year old waitress when Moore constantly hung around at the counter and then molested her out back, in the dark, in his car, next to the dumpster … after 10 PM closing … EXCEPT … you had to be 16 to work there, the dumpster was on the side, the building was well lit, a car couldn’t turn around in the back, the restaurant closed after 11, the Goodyear workers who went there didn’t wear coat and ties, waitresses didn’t serve or talk to patrons at the bar … and no one ever saw Moore or her there. Go to court!

16. G3 says:

Don’t go Al. Have you seen the list asking you to step down?

17. RedBallExpress says:

I’m probably wrong but I have a sneaking suspicion all these resignations are part of the big ugly. I saw an older documentary about Trump and they interviewed a lady that knew him very well. She said he doesn’t get even with his enemies he executes them. We could be witnessing a swift dispatch of the easy pickings.

• datagooroo says:

I keep wondering the same thing. Trump has made a lot of friends in the media, not the big time people, but some of the lower level operational types. The type of people who would actually know Matt Lauer’s “patterns”. You know the stories about him giving $100 tips, or sending notes to some guys son about “you dad is the most amazing guy I know.” I think he made a lot of allies that discreet places and maybe people like Roger Stone are going around coordinating some of these initial “me too’s”.

• CountryclassVulgarian says:

So the President is the sort of person who goes around ruining people’s lives because they oppose him.

• I agree. I think that someone is under the radar pushing some buttons. This is not a Dem plan, they are in damage control mode.

I keep thinking of the infamous pu**y tape that they sprung on Trump trying to sink him — where he says that women will put up with anything if a man is a celebrity. These revelations are merely evidence that he was speaking the truth. Trump has been observing all this from the inside for years so it wouldn’t be difficult to know which trees to shake.

18. Raffaella says:

I have been a corporate female executive for over 30 years.

All these females coming forward claimsing sexual assault after 30 or 40 years make me sick. They are lying gold diggers with political motives.

I do not believe anyone who waits that long to report a sexual assault no matter their circumstances.

• mobiuswolf says:

My thought, as well. Convenient timing. But then, was there an outlet for them at the time?

• Tom says:

Exactly, well said. And, after all these years, if you have no proof, please don’t bother us at this point, it’s irrelevant. A pattern that’s happened to the present day like Conyers, then sure, they might be seen as credible as part of that pattten. But there IS no pattern, so sorry, we don’t believe your accusations from 30-40 years ago.

• Bendix says:

But there is this:
          One woman making an accusation against Franken, with evidence, and Franken gets away with claiming it wasn’t exactly as she said for the worst part, the forcible unwanted tongue kiss.
          Women who never spoke up before because they had no way of proving it, would have been ruined. It would not be worth messing up their own lives over a one-time incident.
          However, now that the story is out there, they certainly want to add their voices to it, because they were wronged, and have suffered in silence, watching Mr. Perverted Misogynist go his merry way, and this is their chance to finally expose him for what he is.
          I’m glad.

• After all, Gretchen Carlson got 20 million for claiming Roger Ailes hugged her 20 years or so ago. And then there was Megyn Kelly stirring the pot.

19. Jerome Howard says:

The whole damn thing didn’t phase Al a bit
    He just approached the girl and grabbed some T##

20. moe ham head says:

so long loser hope you live a life of misery

21. mobiuswolf says:

Franken has always been a creep. It’s on his face, plain as dissolution.

22. jmclever says:

Seems like the Dems are using their traditional anti conservative playbook on some of their own. Me thinks Perez’ broken arrow strategy will backfire tho. Old strategies only work on isolated electorate receiving “curated content” for news. Much harder to control the narrative these days.

23. georgiafl says:

So – is this a Democrat play to replace Franken with another rabid Democrat?

24. Nunya Bidness says:

I would be surprised if he resigns. You don’t need a press conference for that.
    My guess is that he will attack Trump, Moore and the GOP for misogyny, and call on Trump to resign,and Moore to quit the race.
    Then he will say he will take a leave of absence while the ethics committee does its work.
    The Media will applaud his courage.

25. Crawler says:

Hmmm…maybe someone will write a new book and title it, “Al Franken is a Big Fat Perverted Misogynist “.

Al Franken stepping down? Yesterday wouldn’t be soon enough for me.

Good riddance.

26. Michael says:

It has been suggested and I agree this stuff is twofold.
    1 is take down P trump and
    2 is for a feminist sweep of Gvt.

We need a Women controlled Congress and POTUS to fix the world! No guns and no men!

• Bendix says:

It has not escaped my notice that the women they get in there are misogynists who invariably kowtow to the worst of the men, because “women need them” politically.
      It’s one of the ways the Uniparty maintains the illusion of two separate political parties, one party has a bunch of misogynistic pervs who “support women”.

• dayallaxeded says:

I recall reading somewhere that in all of modern history, governments were able consistently to run on a balanced budget (excepting wars), until women gained suffrage. Then the deficits began and continued with no end in sight. Sorry, can’t recall the source. Anyway, while I recognize that correlation does not equal causation, knowing my wife and my bank account as I do, I’d say this looks like a pretty certain cause/effect connection. Now, what to do about it?

27. Bendix says:

I curse Senator Gillibrand for her fake, calculated, opportunistic, and variable concern for women.
    Where was she during Sheldon Silver’s reign of terror over women in Albany?
    She’s FROM Albany. She never noticed?
    I also reject the notion that it is only women who should have a say in whether Franken should go or not.
    Just as many men as women think the kind of behavior exhibited by Franken is disgusting.

28. RedSoloCup says:

Christmas is coming early!

29. H&HC 2nd-16th says:

“In the coming weeks….” WTH is going on?

30. Eris says:

This Al Franken stunt seems to be a probe by the Dems to see if they can go with the Broken Arrow 2018 scenario that Sundance wrote about: