Hillsborough Serial Killer Caught: 24-Year-Old Howell Donaldson III

The McDonald’s employee in the story needs to be given a big reward.  This serial killer murdered four people, at random, and the entire community was a nervous mess.

(Via Fox News) The suspect in the serial killings spanning a 51-day period that terrorized a Tampa neighborhood used the same gun in four killings, but had “no apparent motive,” the city’s top law enforcement official said Wednesday.

The suspect, 24-year-old Howell Emanuel Donaldson III, admitted he owned the gun that was turned over to police Tuesday and that cracked the case, but did not admit to the killings, Tampa Police Chief Brian Dugan said at a news conference.

“He was cooperative, but did not tell us why he was doing this,” he said.

Donaldson was arrested at a McDonald’s in Ybor City based on a tip given to Tampa police after he brought the loaded gun to his job at the restaurant and asked a co-worker to hold it. The employee then told her manager about the gun, who alerted a Tampa police officer at a table in the restaurant, according to an arrest report.

When Donaldson returned to the McDonald’s, police were waiting for him and took him into custody. Dugan praised the tip from the employee on Wednesday.

“The person who called us, I cannot thank them enough for standing up and doing the right thing and saying ‘this doesn’t seem right, why does this person have a gun in a bag?'” Dugan told reporters.  (read more)

This entry was posted in 2nd Amendment, BGI - Black Grievance Industry, Conspiracy ?, Death Threats, Polar Bear Hunting, Police action, Political correctness/cultural marxism, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

53 Responses to Hillsborough Serial Killer Caught: 24-Year-Old Howell Donaldson III

1. Sylvia Avery says:

Kind of an amazing story. Here’s a good reason for restaurants to value having cops eat at their places. They have someone to walk over and talk to about the gun in the bag your employee hands over to you.

I am glad for the people in the area that the perp has been caught. Bizarre story. You always wonder WTF??? WHY? And there never really are any answers, except evil exists.

2. ditzee58 says:

WOW, my cousin and her husband used to own the Ybor City McDonald’s franchise as well as others in Tampa! Will have to email my Dad in the morning to see if they still do.

3. wheatietoo says:

I hope this guy doesn’t get off on a ‘mental’ excuse.

They’re calling the gun “evidence” and that the ballistics match that type of gun.
    But the article didn’t really say that this was the gun used in the murders.
    It could just be written poorly, though.

This guys sounds like he knows what’s going on and is not suffering from some ‘diminished mental capacity’…well, other than being Evil.

• Sentient says:

College grad, but could be schizophrenic.

• woodstuff says:

A college grad today is equivalent to 9th or 10th grade HS in my day. The only degrees I respect are in science and engineering.

• starfcker says:

“The police chief said the gun, a .40-caliber Glock, was the missing evidence authorities needed to connect the killings to the images previously released from surveillance video of the suspect leaving the area.” Well that’s kind of scary. Does that mean that the police had this guy on the radar and didn’t act? How many of those 5,000 tips they received said that’s the guy?

• Alligator Gar says:

Why? They can’t write to save their lives. They don’t know anything outside of their narrow area of concentration. Most these days are not even American. I DISRESPECT them the most.

My dad graduated with a BEEE in 1960. Back then they were REQUIRED to take Classics, Literature, English, you know, all of those subjects that you DISRESPECT. Why? It was to make them acculturated to Western Civilization and conversant with how it developed and what is great about it.

Now? They are secluded in their little area of campus and when you encounter them, they bitch that learning about civilization and how it got that way (including the milestones of scientific development) is “Just cocktail party knowledge.” I’ve had them tell me this, yet they cannot tell me where Pythagoras lived or when, let alone why he came up with musical scales as well as geometric methods of describing the Babylonian Theorem, which was purely mathematical up until Pythagoras’ time. Yeah, we who value humanities are just a bunch of dullards who add nothing to the societal conversation.
          Jeez.

• woodstuff says:

Perhaps I didn’t express myself clearly. I should have limited my opinion of college grads to those of today. Today college grads are as you describe. Maybe I don’t understand your comment.

• TheLastDemocrat says:

I agree. There seems to be no sense that teachers, etc., might have something valuable to say. I get opportunities to lecture / educate advanced students. Many seem “nonplussed.” Some write well, while some could not write instructions to get them out of a paper bag, given a pencil and a dictionary, spell check, and grammar check.

• Nope2GOPe says:

Yeah, likely social engineering…

• woodstuff says:

“It could just be written poorly, though”

Very seldom do I see clear, concise, coherent, and accurate articles online. Modern writers of articles and their editors surely failed 3rd grade English.

4. duchess01 says:

More senseless violence – no apparent motive – what gives anyone the right to decide whether another should live or die – only God can breathe life into a human being and/or decide to end that life – thou shalt not kill – says the Lord – what part of that commandment does he not understand?

For 51 days, a community has been held hostage by one man who decides to kill four people for no apparent reason?

5. A local man has already wrote and delivered a check for the reward offered. So cool!

6. jeans2nd says:

There are no words.
    Talk about a case study of every single thing being missed until the last.

The guy was leaving the state, to continue on in another place. May the Lord have mercy on his soul.

May the survivors find solace that this guy will be put away forever and they find peace in Our Lord, and the victims now truly rest in peace.
    Thank you for the info. Hope to hear of this as it progresses through the courts. Would love to read the psych eval of this guy.

7. wheatietoo says:

Does Florida have the death penalty now?
    I remember something about it being contested…did it get nullified?

8. nimrodman says:

Another one of those serial killers “who are always white middle-aged males” yada yada

Yeah, ok

9. Jenny says:

Amazing! Serial killers are usually white men…

10. Jenny says:

Yes, Florida does still have the death penalty.

11. zephyrbreeze says:

Something strange about a kid who tries out for the basketball team at St. John’s and then becomes a serial killer. Maybe he’d do better in major league sports.

12. alliwantissometruth says:

I can see his lawyer now…

Howell, please check one of the reasons why you did it so I’ll know how to frame it
    #1: White Oppression
    #2: White Privilege
    #3: Police Brutality
    #4: Racism
    #5: Not Enough Tax Dollars for My School
    #6: Overdosed on Cheetos

Now Howell, pick a profession you’d like to pursue after you’re acquitted…
    #1: Commentator on CNN
    #2:Black Lives Matter Icon
    #3: New Host of the View
    #4: McDonalds Franchise Owner
    #5: Mayor of Chicago
    #6: Maxine Waters assistant

13. Donna in Oregon says:

Took a college course about Serial Killers. Had to study American Serial Killers. My paper was written about Richard Ramirez. What a beauty (sarc)..

Homework and studying = no sleep for me. I couldn’t sleep after reading some of the journals that these Serial Killers kept or watching their interrogations.

Ask a cop. Ask the people that had to deal with Charlie Manson or Ted Bundy. Most people try to reconcile the behavior. The truth is evil exists..

• Grandma Covfefe says:

That one was scary-Ramirez had us all frozen in fear here in SoCal. We had 4 family members and 5 friends who lived in neighborhoods where brutal crimes were committed. I had trouble sleeping during those times–terrible times. Glad he’s gone.

14. billsv says:

The police also confirmed from cell tower information with his cell phone that he was in the vicinity of the murders. The Supreme court is considering the constitutionality of this type of evidence. According to oral arguments today,the supreme court Justices did not seem to favor its use as being against the 4th Amendment.How s the metadata in a cell tower different from using surveillance cameras that might show the criminal in the vicinity of the murder. Do your photos belong to you and more than the metadata in a cell tower?

15. polk8dot says:

Another example of an incredible preferential treatment college athletes receive – this POS graduated with some “Sports Management” degree from St. John’s, yet the only job he’s been able to hold is at McDonalds. I bet he also benefitted from Affirmative Action, and a whole bevy of Obozo’s special privileges.
    I wonder how his lawyer is going to spin this one to actually blame the white people for keeping him down…

• Arkindole says:

Actually, Pell grants are the mechanism responsible for the lower 30% of students dragging down the entire system with their academic and behavioral abnormalities.

“The Pell Grant is named after Democratic U.S. Senator Claiborne Pell of Rhode Island, and was originally known as the Basic Educational Opportunity Grant.”

Throw money at individuals that are 3 standard deviations below the mean and Donaldson is what comes out.

• Remnant says:

Granted, I started my education back in the early 1980s, but it was Pell grants that allowed me to become the first college grad in my family. My family was dirt poor, partly due to money mismanagement and psych/drug problems on the part of my parents. We lived on food stamps/medical assistance for a few years after my parents divorced (dad went to prison). My mom worked to get off of assistance and was able to.
        I went on from my first RN degree to now holding dual master’s/doctorate degrees in the health care field. I’m not sure I would have been able to get my start without Pell. And I’ve paid plenty of taxes to make up for that money many times over.
        That being said, I suspect my story is the exception to the norm, especially in today’s world.

• Michael says:

Congratulations!
          I’m more than happy to extend an opportunity to someone wanting to better themselves.
          What I am not happy is to be taxed to the point of struggle to live a decent life after 50 yrs of hard work for “social engineering”..

16. MAGAbear says:

Would hate to have had this creep make any of the food someone had at that McDonalds. Yuck.

If Obama had a son……….

17. MASHALL says:

The US has no idea how many serial killers exist in its borders because they are open.

By illegally jumping on and off trains both within and across Mexico, Canada and the United States, generally crossing borders illegally, Reséndiz was able to evade authorities for a considerable time. He also had no fixed address. US government records show that he had been deported to Mexico at least four times since first entering the US in 1973.[5]

Confessed to/Suspected of 23 (16 in US, 7 in Mexico, for 23 total).

BUILD THE WALL
    DEMAND REAL ID
    DEPORT ILLEGAL ALIENS AND VISA OVERSTAYS

18. jello333 says:

I haven’t been following this closely, but since we used to live in Tampa back in the 80s, out of curiosity I just now looked up more details. Found a map of the murder locations and… well, they happened less than 2 miles from where we used to live. 😦 That was a long time ago, but still…

19. pibillwarner says:

Tampa Serial Killer Howell Donaldson III Fits Profile of a Psychopathic Thrill Killer Just Like the Zodiac ‘Because Man is the Most Dangerous Animal’. The primary motive of psychopathic thrill killers is to induce terror in their victims prior to killing them which provides intense stimulation and excitement during the ‘hunt’. http://www.billwarnerpi.com/2017/12/tampa-serial-killer-howell-donaldson.html