Stephen Willeford is the man who shot and chased the Texas gunman who killed 26 people in a Texas Baptist church on Sunday.   Mr. Willeford shares the story of what took place during an interview with 40/29 News in Texas.

Mr. Willeford tells what happened in one of the most riveting accounts ever.  I have tried to set up the interview video in a sequence that outlines the story in his words.  These are MUST WATCH videos of the first hand account:

Segment #1:

Segment #2:

Segment #3:

Recap Media Report with a scene walk-through by Mr. Stephen Willeford:

This entry was posted in 2nd Amendment, Heros, Police action, Rescue Missions, Terrorist Attacks, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

259 Responses to Meet Stephen Willeford – The Hero Who Engaged Texas Church Shooter (Riveting Testimonial)…

1. jmclever says:

I pray his courage and example would lead others to Christ. The world needs to see that Christians are not doormats.

• dayallaxeded says:

Luke 22:36: New International Version
      He [Jesus] said to them, “But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don’t have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one.”

• kroesus says:

you should get a proper King James Version of the Holy Bible…..all the new “translations” had as impetus two avowed atheists and openly and willfully delete terms and entire verses against the very Bible’s doctrine itself…..Satan wants worshipers….he just wants to lead them astray from Jehovah God

• Blue Ridge Mts Va. says:

I hope you know that a lot of English words don’t translate well from the original Greek and the Hebrew languages.

For more detail on KJV-only see this link: https://www.gotquestions.org/King-James-Version-KJV.html

• Ken says:

I got two KJ Bibles as Christmas presents from my dearly departed mother. A big one with gold edged pages and hardcover and the other is a medium sized black soft cover. I use the latter and have the former is on the shelf in a cover. I love this version and even though my church uses another version I still follow along with my dog-eared KJB.

• Old Lady says:

Do you think our Lord spake the King’s English?

• woodstuff says:

Other modern versions have been translated from original Hebrew and Greek texts. There are some writings such as the “Living Bible” that are not translations, but rather more like you described.

The absolute best version are in the original text, but one must learn Hebrew and Greek to understand.

2. I’m a firm believer there is a big difference between “being Christian, and being Stupid”. Just like this Texas Hero, I know the difference.

• Sharon says:

Yes. It really irritates me to hear pastors and Christians argue against guns in church on the basis of – then they are operating on fear and not by faith. Grrrrrrrrrrrr.

Using that logic, I want to see them driving through red lights and ignoring their child’s 103.5 fever (yes, I know some Christians are that stupid….talking about the argument made against guns in church)…..

Stop going to doctors. Stop have brake service done on cars. Stop checking the air in the tires or having tires replaced when they have worn.

The apparent inability or unwillingness to THINK is destroying this country – and has been for decades.

As I said – Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

• skeinster says:

Our last bishop made us put the sign in the window, but he couldn’t make the guys
        (and some gals) stop carrying.
        We also have off-duty cops, and a team of men who patrol the grounds during services.
        We tend to follow St. Thomas Aquinas on self-defense…

• tgmccoy says:

Same at my little Baptist church. Several retired Feds (US Marshal current USFS
          enfrocement current and retired Oregon State Police, City police, we have video surveillance,and other procedures..

• dayallaxeded says:

While strongly recommending against any violation of statutory law, but we do have 2nd, 4th, and 5th Amendment rights to carry concealed and not tell anyone about it. Just make real sure you’ve got full concealment and don’t do anything that could be construed as a criminal act at the same time. Church should be the perfect place for that.

• Sharon says:

My son has been part of the carry-team in his church –

• AM says:

Assuming you’re a fellow Catholic, we have some of the worst offenders on Christian = literal sheep waiting to be slaughtered. The Bishops are forever pushing their political liberal agenda, rather than pay attention to the relative disaster of modern Catholicism.

For anyone who is interested, the Politically Incorrect Guide to Catholicism dedicates a whole chapter on why the right to carry weapons is wholly in line with the Magistrium and perhaps this side of a duty, with footnotes. Bonus: Nuns on the cover holding rifles I believe. (Don’t quote me, but was definitely firearms.)

• Texian says:

Vatican I.. Nuns with Guns.. That’s how I first learned gun safety and marksmanship.. in private grade school.. taught by Nuns.. during springtime P.E. class as a matter of fact..

They were great teachers.. Like a drill sergeant, I feared them.. but ended up loving them..

• MaineCoon says:

See Pastor Scott’s hashtag. His deacons carry.

• Blue Ridge Mts Va. says:

The Bible is not against self-defense.
        Joel 3:9-10King James Version (KJV)

Proclaim ye this among the Gentiles; Prepare war, wake up the mighty men, let all the men of war draw near; let them come up: Beat your plowshares into swords and your pruninghooks into spears: let the weak say, I am strong. In Luke 22:36 it mentions if you don’t have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one.
        The Philistines disarmed the Israelites. Sword free zones do not work. https://biblehub.com/1_samuel/13-19.htm

3. Carolina Kat says:

God sent His Angels – hearing the cry of His people. I cannot wrap my head around this, shooting babies at point blank range, killing families, a mother five months pregnant. It’s inhuman beyond the point of beastly. It’s pure evil.

Mr. Willeford does not count himself a hero but so he is. I believe as he does, that God gave him the strength, and guided his aim. Without him who knows how many would have died. He was truly courageous. I am in awe.

4. skeinster says:

This humble godly man is such an antithesis to the Left’s mind-troll of the flyover country rural gun-totin’ bigot that if they could put aside their prejudices for even a moment, minds might be changed.
    Prayers for his peace of heart.

5. tgmccoy says:

In “flyover country” there are still men who run to the sound of gunfire..

6. georgiafl says:

The evil mentally ill killer in Texas was out of prison and able to purchase guns in two States because of lax military process.

Bergdahl, Hasan and Manning – All unfit for military service – are also cases were PC and liberalism cost valuable lives and damaged national security.

The military had to accept transgenders, bestiality and other emotionally and mentally deviant who are really high risk, high cost, highly likely to go off the deep end/cost lives/betray US.

Wictor weighs in:

7. In Az says:

I was listening to talk radio. The host thinks that the information about the shooter’s court martial and assault charges needing to be reported to the national database to show he was not allowed to purchase guns / own guns……was……not……reported intentionally.

He said Obama had compromised the entire military to be dysfunctional and to betray the country.

• Blacksmith8 says:

that is a fact. There was a law introduced by Cruz and Grassley to REQUIRE convictions from armed forces (and others) to be reported and added to the NCIC for the FBI.
      Guess who stopped it …. dhimmis in congress during obysmal’s rain of terror.

8. StuckInBlue says:

Pray for this man, and for his family and friends. May he eventually find peace and be able to sleep quietly.

9. MfM says:

What I find interesting in the Crowder interview is how Willeford goes after the media. The interview that TCTH posted at the top of this article was done by someone Stepehen Willeford knew growing up (the reporter growing up, not Willeford). He’d called to ask Willeford if there was anything he could do and said if he wanted to do an interview with him he’d get there.

The Crowder interview was arranged because one of Willeford’s daughters watched him and thought he’d be a good national person to do another one with.

Crowder did crack a couple of jokes, but they actually got Willeford to laugh which I thought was good… and the jokes were pretty relevant.

10. Janeka says:

Saw his interview on Louder with Crowder last night. At that time he was still sequestered in his home as the media has hounding him relentlessly.. He clearly stated his clarity of mind on what to do and how deal with the task at hand was divine intervention.. All his mags for his AR15 were empty, he sent his daughter back to his safe to load him two mags so she would be busy and not come out. When he says he grabbed a hand full of rounds and loaded a mag he means a hand full, maybe six maybe eight rounds.. Tx DPS confirms the devil was hit twice by Mr Willeford, once in the chest between the webbing of the vest and in the leg before shooting himself in the head.. They also say he called his dad but have released few details about the call..
    The USAF failed to register him in the national database, as required by law, for felony child endangerment and domestic assault.. The state of Texas refused him a conceal carry license for unknown reasons at this time, my guess is his discharge status. However, the due to the failure to post his felony conviction he could still buy a firearm..
    My CCL was instructor NRA certified, ER trauma and an alderman at his church. He only did individual certifications once a month, he preferred church group settings. Six months later I took an advanced defensive course, my new instructor was a minister at church accross town.

11. Mr. Williford should be not only honored by our leaders as a national hero, but also as a Christian hero to all the small and large congregations. The congregations that quietly gather in all the small towns in America and elsewhere.

• Ken says:

If I had the money I’d fly to Texas myself and shake his hand and damn anyone who doesn’t think that this gentleman is a hero.

12. Nailbanger says:

I really feel for this poor guy, can hear the pain in his voice, may the Lord bless him and calm his mind and lighten the load he bears in his heart.

13. Missing Andrew says:

14. Missing Andrew says:

15. Granite says:

He was wearing a mask. Did anyone actually ID him on scene? If not it’s starting to look like a setup. That would mean Kelley is a patsy. I think the Las Vegas shooting was really done by paddock, maybe other shooters but probably done by himself. This one looks like an Op to me. The two heroes remind me of Carlos Arredondo.

No clue as to whether there were real victims. We will be able to see soon enough though, the media will give it away…

16. President Trump should invite this American hero to the White House and give him a medal. Also, the driver who picked him up.

17. Mike diamond says:

Willeford and pickup truck driver Jonny are real heroes,this is why good law abiding citizens carry guns its to deal with people like devin Kelly ! Willeford and Jonny saved lives!

18. L. says:

I wish I knew how to post, but in case it has not been mentioned there is a wonderful 51 minute interview with NRA TV and Mr. Willeford the Texas Hero on YouTube. It was absolutely fabulous. I hope some here can locate it and post it. That dear man’s story is unforgettable.

19. hillbilly4 says:

Genesis 9:6 Whoever sheds man’s blood,
    By man his blood shall be shed,
    For in the image of God
    He made man.

The Bible, once again, is without flaw.

20. not only are we PRAYING for those LOST INNOCENT SOULS, BUT THE SURVIVORS AND THEIR FAMILIES.
    but this Man who shot that SOB I CAN ONLY IMAGINE HOW HE FEELS BY NOT GETTING THERE SOONER.
    but BLESS HIS HEART HE DID ACT, and no telling how many other lives he SAVED by doing so.