Reminder: General Guidelines for Comments

“Seek first to understand, then to be understood”.

patriot1.) First, please READ THIS ENTIRE THREAD – and the full context of any discussion thread you wish to participate in. Skipping to the comments to express an opinion without reading the content of the discussion is not helpful.

Often, unfortunately very often, we find many of the points injected into comments are already outlined in the construct of the thread itself. -or- Questions asked while the answers are in the primary post.

2.) STAY ON TOPIC – please do not post something unrelated to the specific matter and content of the thread subject. There is a ALWAYS a daily open thread available for any subject you feel should get attention. Never place unrelated, “O/T”, or “Off Topic” comments on a thread unrelated to the topic. It is not ok to say: “sorry, O/T but”… or any iteration therein.

3.) NARROW YOUR THOUGHTS – Quality beats quantity. Please construct your comments to target specific areas and not broad generalizations about the discussion topic at hand. If you have four or five disconnected points, break them up into individual comments.

4.) AVOID GENERALIZATIONSDon’t speak in riddles. Words like “he, she, they, it, them” should rarely be used. Spell out “who” using the name, spell out who “they” are at the beginning of every sentence in your paragraph; so that there is clarity as to who you are talking about.

5.) BLOCK PARAGRAPHSDo not post huge blocks of text. Think of the reader, and modify your presentation for understanding, not for exclaiming. Do not write to yourself, you are writing to others, so please structure your presentations such that other people can grasp and enjoy. NEVER post massive blocks of text without paragraph breaks.

Do not post huge blocks of text

6.) PARAGRAPHS – Should NEVER be longer than two or three sentences taking up three to five standard lines of text. Again, you are writing to understand, not to be understood, the emphasis should be on the reader comprehending what you are sharing.

Do not post huge blocks of text

7.) SPELLING AND PUNCTUATION – This is not school and we do not demerit for poor spelling, nor do we allow anyone to call others out for the same. However, if your construct is too poorly written the context is lost and important details can be missed.

8.) TIME – Everyone ‘s time is valuable. Some of our discussion threads are 500 to 1,000+ comments long. Please try not to duplicate the commentary that might already exist and has been missed because the entire thread has not been analyzed. We try to limit the comments to 500 and then post another related thread, but with some research threads it is challenging to do so because we do not want to break a continuity.

9.) THOUSANDS ARE WATCHING – For every person writing a comment, there are easily 100,000 or more reading lurkers on every discussion thread. Do not write anything you would not say in your own living room. Do not disparage our conversation with vulgarity, profanity, or any expressions of any “ism”.

Troll10.) MODERATION / FILTERING THE HATE – Because of our honest approach at seeking facts and truth, and openly discussing various analytical theories along the way, we are bombarded by those with ulterior motives which include:

• Intentional efforts to distract
  • Intentional diatribes to affix labels to our objectives
  • Intentional expressions of rabid hate, vulgarity, and threats.
  • Trolling and professional obfuscation.
  • Concern Trolling as a tool of distraction and derailing conversation.
  • Psy-ops and Intentional Efforts to diminish fact-finding.

We do our earnest best to stop the agenda hoard at the moderation gates, however sometimes they get through. If you see something untoward say something. When a new comment surfaces that we view is only presented to argue, we watch carefully – but we also are not perfect. You can help. Feel free to alert us via email.

11.) MANNERS MATTER – Simple kindnesses and courtesy should always be present in tone and content. When writing ask yourself before you hit “send” does this add value?

SUMMARY: The Tree House community has historically accomplished a lot. Through exhaustive research and analysis our accuracy and reputation for truthful fact-finding, regardless of where it leads, is well regarded. Retain that distinction of intellectual armament.

We are The Conservative Tree House, not because of political affiliation, but rather because the word “conservative” expresses our outlook. We would rather be deep, than wide; we would rather be honest, than popular; we avoid semantics in favor of accurately presenting both intention and meaning.

We are bold in our willingness to go into conversational places where others do not, and we are brave enough to stand firm for principles which are time tested.

We would rather advertise our outlook so the viewer can understand our perspective on a particular subject, than deceptively claim we are something else and deliver an inherently biased view. The entire spectrum of the MSM is based on the latter.

Every reader knows where we stand on any given issue, and our opinions -while they may be unpopular- are based on solid research and analytical insight into the subject matter at hand. This is why our predictive analysis is routinely more accurate than others.

Lastly, this Treehouse is a conversation. Hopefully, just like sitting on a porch with friends.

Because the “conversation” is the ends and not the means, this approach inherently means YOU are the important part:

[Remember] …”However each of us got here, it’s probably a fact that we have the turmoil of those storms in common, perhaps some unease that we could share and always, we also find fresh ground to cover from day to day.

We’re developing valuable relationships as we trust one another in our community in the woods. The chatting in the branches encourages, strengthens and equips for some serious walking.

We think the Treehouse is a good armory for those who doing long distance walking for the sake of our nation. We hope you’ll think so, too. Find yourself a good branch….or just pull up a rock to the campfire”.

Wolverines faithfully patrol the perimeter. Please be respectful.

Patriotic Cowboy Kid

This entry was posted in Treehouse Campfire, Treehouse Tips, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

119 Responses to Reminder: General Guidelines for Comments

1. Thanks. Good reminders

2. 4sure says:

Thanks SD. I for one need to read this daily. Thanks for this site, even though it keeps me from getting much done that needs to be done on my small farm.

3. platypus says:

I don’t know if anybody has noticed this before but the Guidelines read like Guidelines for Life, and not just for this blog’s comments.

4. bluegirl says:

God bless Sundance!!!!!! Thank you.

5. OV-10 Bronco USMC says:

Thanks for the gentle reminder.

6. andrewalinxs says:

thank you for the reminder.

7. Jlwary says:

This reminder is helpful. I also feel like it comes at a time when things, “are getting real.” I think the fan is going to be hit and we can all do our part by staying clear, precise, and acting with integrity to follow all of it as it unfolds. This post has added to my excitement for what may be coming this week!

8. LULU says:

I am SO glad to see this. The daily presidential thread the other day was a mess. Hijacked by more obviously unrelated comments, which then had to be followed by more unrelated comments. And that was over and over. Does no one get it?

9. H&HC, 2nd-16th says:

Excellent guidelines – good reminders for those of us not well educated (dat b me). I would like to recommend you forward them to all members of Congress.

10. Utah Chris says:

Thank you. I too need the reminder periodically. My spelling and grammar is awful and sometimes I let something through to my typing fingers that should stay between my ears.

11. Great advice. Great site.

12. andi lee says:

Astute and humbling reminder. Thank you, Sundance, Ad_Rem, Wolverines and Treepers.
    Much love.

~❤~

13. nyetneetot says:

Ha Ha! It wasn’t me this time. 🙂

14. When I first came here and read the “leave a reply” section I was pleasantly surprised because compared to what I had been reading for years before this was a breath of fresh air.

Many of the commentators are extremely knowledgeable and well-read.

Thanks for the excellent moderation and guidelines.

• amwick says:

Most people that comment are polite. Actually just about every single one.. it is so nice to see that.
      HT to the unseen moderators..

• mimbler says:

Absolutely! Most site comment sections are worthless because of trolls deliberately derailing threads.
        Our mods somehow allow a very free hand with spirited debate while filtering out the trolls.
        It can’t be as easy as they make it look.
        Mike

• volintn says:

I agree Darnhardworker, most comment sections on other sites do not know how to discuss a topic, are full of rants, sophomoric/profane remarks or circular thinking. I appreciate SD’s periodic reminders for civilized discourse.

15. Landslide says:

Can I get an Amen on the “Wall of Text”?!!! I just scroll on past them, but have to say it is one of my pet peeves!!😜

• wheatietoo says:

Amen on the ‘wall of text’.
      Every time I see one, I think “Oh no. Wall of text. I’m not diving into that mess!”

• I do not read ‘walls of text,’ right off. I first scroll to the bottom to see if they have many upvotes. If they do, they MAY be worth an effort, but they usually do not, so I go to the next post.

Many of us are writers in our own way and yes, we hang around Sundance because he has a unique writing style (his own) that is direct and well researched–it’s refreshing.

The only thing worse than a wall of text, is a wall with no commas or periods…..LOL. Thankfully, we do not get many of them here in the woods.

16. Eks Mann says:

Sundance: Thank you for this thread, and for this refuge.

MAGA

17. FofBW says:

Thanks Sundance.

We all need a slap on the back of the head from time to time to get us back in focus.

18. MfM says:

And if you are being sarcastic leave a sarcasm tag /s

It’s not always clear!

19. John Denney says:

I like the 3 C’s: Clear, Concise, Complete.

20. Thank you Sundance, and apologies, I know I was guilty of it yesterday. The reminder will stick with me. I appreciate you way too much and have great respect for all those posting as well as yourself.

21. Nigella says:

Thanks… Read it…

22. fleporeblog says:

No better place than CTH! I am blessed to have found it. This place is like family to me!

23. First Last says:

Or…you could just be dammed happy people post as much as they do here. Thick skin. Grow some.

• svenwg says:

An example of what Sundance is talking about!

Why do some people take pleasure in attempting to destroy a comment section with actual debate, instead of the usual kindergarten childishness found on other sites?

• sundance says:

Great opportunity provided here by “First Last”.

The author of this comment is posting from Germany.

Many of the argumentative and combative comments are not from inside the U.S. They originate from IP addresses outside the U.S.

Sometimes (not too often) I monitor and just watch the tone and content of the author’s angle to get an idea of the motive. What I have discovered is there really is a business model for sub-contracted social media bots (paid people) with an agenda.

While I generally disregard the severity (scale) of claims by media that foreign governments attempt to interject into U.S. social fabric via social media engagement; it is however, very much true that it is happening.

• Orygun says:

I try to find European blogs to comment on that are in English so I guess you could say it goes both ways. It is incredible in Europe the misinformation that is being spread about President Trump and his activities. The MSM here is part of a global package of propaganda being aimed at the citizens everywhere.

The other thing of interest to me was how our news about the happenings in Europe is so filtered here and has been for years.

• Cuppa Covfefe says:

There is a German version of Media Matters called “Korrectiv” (or Correctiv). There is also a VERY strong (sad to say) Antifa movement over here. Germans tend to be blunt, but usually are polite nonetheless. Having said that, on various geek (usually *x, Unix) forums, it can get absolutely, unnecessarily brutal. Same with climate forums.

I always “lurk” a while before opening my keyboard and making a total fool of myself, but it bothers me when people insult those who aren’t geeks (or musicians, or whatever specialty is being discussed). We all started off at zero, and every time something new comes out (I’m looking at you, IPv6) we go back there 🙂

The German media tend to translate NYT, CNN, and WashPo almost word-for-word.
          Looking at the comments shows that most people aren’t cowed by that, i.e. they realize they’re being bs’d. Focus, Spiegel, Stern, and even [die] Welt (connected to Politico) are hard left anymore. But their comments aren’t. The AfD (our Deplorables) are being attacked VICIOUSLY by the press, and Merkel, et. al. It’s only making the AfD more popular, but it’s going to take a while. I just wish we had a Trump-like leader waiting in the wings… sigh…

I think every country has “filters” for their own people (mushrooms?). I remember Bill Gates once said that the hardest thing about En Carta was the fact that every country wanted history to be written from their perspective. Probably was one of the reasons he gave it up (along with Wackpedia, of course)…

• kathyca says:

Hmm..I’ve never considered commenting on German news/blogs, but I could. What do you find worthwhile about it? Do you do it mostly for your own edification, or do you think it makes an actual difference? I’m trying to figure out if I care enough about what the Germans think to bother! lol I do love the country, though, and hate (really, really hate) to see it in such horrible decline. Ditto Italy, France and most of Western Europe. I’m a huge history buff and it makes me so sad that those countries are losing their cultural identity and also that I can’t visit without grave concern for my safety. :::sigh:::

• Cuppa Covfefe says:

I live here in Germany (escaped Kalifornistan many, many years ago, although I’ve sort of gone from the frying pan into the fire, as it were). My wife and extended family are German, my son, of course, is both, and I have ancestry going back in the USA on one side to the first decade of the 1700s, and other the other side, England (I’m ‘alf English, as my son teases me). Don’t forget, too, that most Americans, even now, are of European descent, even if from a couple of hundred years back.

So the forums here are what I read daily, and the mess that the state-run television networks is (sort of like what the BBC has in England) means that there’s not much on offer on the telly. There are good (albeit rare) Christian alternatives, and were we to fork out the money for cable, we could get a ton of European channels. It’s cheaper to get DVDs of what we like, and visit sites like this for the TRUTH and once-in-a-while journey over to YouTube or something. Nary a day goes by when I don’t hear my wife and son laughing on the comments of Focus, Stern, Spiegel, Junge Freiheit, etc., so I know at least most of the people over here are or will be “deplorable”.

I’m hoping and praying that the EU will eventually dissolve back into its component parts. Before “the wall fell”, every country had it’s own currency, border controls, and quirks and charms. The ham-handed attempts by the EU to homogenize everything has mostly resulted in uniformly mediocre McDonaldsization of standards (e.g. electrical, plumbing, etc.), but beneath the surface of this, I believe each country still exists, waiting to be released again. A good example of this is Eastern Europe, where they were subjugated under Soviet (and other) rule, and now are returning to their cultural roots.

There are a lot of wonderful people and places over here. It’s just that the unelected bureaucrats and power-greedy politicians keep getting in the way.

• Don’t despair.
              Learn. Maybe even engage. 🙂

Someone else here pointed to this ray of hope:

• ladypenquin says:

Cuppa, don’t despair. I kept saying and praying we needed a George Washington. Finally, Donald Trump arrived. Eventually you will get one too. Just look, Austria, Czechoslovakia and another country just elected right-sided folks. We have German neighbors – one family is with NATO and the other German Army – they both voice concerns about what’s happening to their country.

• Cuppa Covfefe says:

Thanks! The AfD are chipping away with each election, for instance the state elections (NRW, Hessen, Thuringia, etc.), and hopefully by the next general election we’ll have a German version of Donald Trump (Trumpf? – it’s a German name) or Kurz instead of “Mutti” (with no kids) Merkel or “I know nothing” Martin Schultz.

We also prayed for a US President that would be a good (great) Christian President, returning America to its values and roots. The years of Obama and the threat of Hill-the-BEAST were almost too much to bear. Thank GOD that HE saw fit to give us President Trump. Since we don’t elect the Kanzler/in directly, we have to start the draining in the other direction. Probably more messy, and slower, but I hope with the same result.

The AfD went from nowhere eight years ago, to “almost in” (4.9%) four years ago, to “finally we’re here” (around 13%). That’s in the “lower house” (Bundestag). The upper house (Bundesrat) is like the US Senate used to be, elected by the individual states, which is why the state elections, one-by-one, are so important.

Just have to keep chipping and hammering away. There are calls for Merkel to step down, and people seem to be getting fed up. The trick is getting the “fed-up-ness” translated into votes…

• Orygun says:

Thanks for commenting and hanging in there. I go to the European blogs because it reinforces my faith in my fellow man. Even though your state run media is in the globalist bag, just as the BBC and other state run media, the people are awakening to the fact that they are losing their national identities.
                I like millions of other Americans have our roots in Europe and it breaks my heart to see what is happening. In a way it is more devastating than either one of the World Wars. Certainly as sinister.

Hopefully in our lifetimes, we will see a return to sanity.

• auscitizenmom says:

Hm. I wonder if that is why when I read something, it makes absolutely no sense at all.

• zephyrbreeze says:

Foreign bots are part of our shocking new reality, and their tone is typically dark and distinctive. Thanks for the heads up.

• anthohmy says:

I realized this during Ferguson when I discovered a proliferation of “Fake News” in the form of literal newscasts on YouTube shot on news sets or greenscreen with news sets inserted afterward. That video completely misrepresented the situation on the ground during the riots through a number of techniques, some of those seemed to me to be greenscreen.

I bought the footage into a non-linear editor and slowed it down frame by frame and could see things like license plates on police cars begin blurred out and other oddities in the editing that was quite visible after a while.

Then I realized a couple of the people producing this stuff were bored, had a sense of humor, or both as in some of the footage a group of BLM Marcher’s faces would briefly morph into Chinese faces – would be imperceptible at real speed, and then back again.

I watched an interview with a kid who made graphics for tv news, all flashy and moving so fast. Said he got so bored eventually he started embedding Illuminati symbolism in them for sport.

All of the video I found was absolutely designed to seed racial hatred, division, and civil unrest. FTPism.

I’ve often wondered about this proliferation of blatant, gross hatred occurring in comments all over the web.

Opera comes with a built-in VPN – pick your country of origin, Tor picks it for you. In-country shills are likely advised to obscure their IP. I’ve done it on purpose once or twice while signing in with my regular email.

• I tweeted to state owned ARD and ZDF about their ignoring the Uranium One scandal 6 days counting…they ignored my tweets.

Germans are forced to pay GEZ if they own a television or radio…yet, are served lies of omission. State owned ARD has no problem with 98% negative reporting about PDJT…yes, worse than CNN.

• Cuppa Covfefe says:

Yep. We pay 18€ per month for container shows, fake news, reruns, various technical failures, and fund the obscenely high retirement and salaries of the folks in those networks. I read a while back that most of the print media are either directly or indirectly owned by the Government (via ARD and ZDF).

And the drivel that they spew about not just the USA and President Trump, but the UK, Brexit, France, our Multi-Kulti “enrichment”, and what’s REALLY going on in the former Eastern Europe (Baltics, etc.) is nothing short of criminal. FNN, as it were.

For the musicians and other artists employed by these networks (though they’re getting cut back too), it’s a dream. For the rest of us, it’s a nightmare. Add to that the ridiculous hardware investments that have been forced on us (Sat to SatII or DVB to DVB2), the various set-top-boxes or TVs that are required, with a new “standard” every four years or so, it’s just not worth it.

I keep hearing that the courts are going to declare the GEZ “Verfassungswidrig (unconstitutional, as it were), but I’m not going to hold my breath.

• I was showing my German colleagues the Uranium One reports in American media…and pointed out that it was being blacked out in German media. The reaction…”Just politics. That’s the way it is.”…and similar remarks.

Germans need to finally get over their past…it doesn’t help that they are constantly reminded of it with the tv programming. And, I do mean programming…if you catch my drift.

Today I did a search…Der Spiegel had an article on Uranium One in April 2015…so did a couple of others. When I narrowed the search window to the last week…NOTHING. I even checked the past weeks archives directly on ARD’s website…ZILCH!

• Cuppa Covfefe says:

Mutti’s job, before the wall fell (in the wrong direction), was AgitProp. And later environment ministerin. She is more of a Marxist Green than CDU, so I suspect she was “installed” for a reason.

Back in the 1980s there were only 2.5 channels, and usually the “snow” was more interesting. Even so, there would be a “mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa”
              -flavored show every night. My wife says they got the same drivel in school (and although she’s only 29 🙂 that was almost 60 years ago)…

I read all different viewpoints, but the type and amount of “salt” I take it with varies depending on the source. I see that Klaus Kelle has shut down his blog/website due
              to funding issues [or maybe political pressure], so there’s one less conservative voice.

Thank GOD for sites like CTH; I just hope we get some more over here.

• The German government might even be tougher over here than they are stateside. I was suspended for 30 days on FaceBook for posting the Open Gates video depicting the “refugee crisis” (unchecked immigration).

I would post it…FB took it down. After the third time posting it, I got a big message on the screen that I had violated some bogus FB rule and that I was suspended. Posting truth will get you suspended at FB.

• Cuppa Covfefe says:

That’s why I call it Farcebørk 🙂 My son uses Whatsapp, but since FB bought them they’ve started being dodgy. Since I have a VERY dumb phone, (1998 vintage, I know…) I can’t use either.

(On the other hand, it can swim 🙂 , can endure snow, has GREAT audio, and around 2 weeks standby time…).

Just like all the GEMA/YouTube(etc.) probs. Wondering about using a VPN or something. Chiefio and Pointman have articles on that. One thing I can say is that there are more “deplorables” over here than the media or Mutti think…

• jello333 says:

Trollish troll is obvious. (And yes I know I’m feeding it, but it looks famished, so… Hi Bernie!)

24. chojun says:

The Deplorables must be a little more deplorable than usual lately.

25. Chuck says:

Please do not post huge blocks of text. A pet peeve of mine, along with all caps.

• Tegan says:

Yes, and although I know I will get hammered for this…it means Long blocks of Bible verses! Please, we are all capable of reading our own inspiration, from whatever source we prefer.

26. Abbott Rock Monastery says:

I’ve noticed that some of my more “fluffy” comments get approved yet my more critical ones do not. Certainly not critical of CTH. God knows CTH is pretty much my primary news source (seriously!). It is disappointing because I think I have a good deal to add. AND, if I may have a ‘moment’, it makes me feel like a part of the CTH family, participating in the conversation.

• ladypenquin says:

It always helps to be encouraged and comments acknowledged. If I’ve read a comment will often ‘upvote’ it – at least the person knows it was read. 🙂

• Dixie says:

I don’t believe it is always a matter of “approved” but more a matter of word press feeding the spam dungeon where we all sometimes spend time unwillingly through no fault of CTH.

27. susanphd says:

good suggestions. I’d like to also say that those people who quote extensive bible passages – in order to make a point about current events – are quite annoying too. (for a variety of reasons!!)

28. repsort says:

And in addition to that I’d humbly suggest that people:
    1. Read the thread!
    and
    2. Stay on topic!

J/K. Just wanted to give SD heartburn for a moment 🙂
    Thanks for the reminders.

29. MaineCoon says:

Read it. Thanks for the reminder.

30. susanphd says:

Links to news articles? sometimes people will post a “link” to a news article – without describing what it is about, and/or why they think it is important that we should “click” the link and read it. if commenters would be so kind as to provide readers with a brief description as to what the “link” is regarding, I think this would be greatly appreciated.

31. POP says:

Don’t go bland Stepford Wives on me.
    As an expat, I’ve come to see Americans have little cultural understanding of irony.

32. Sandra-VA says:

Thank you Sundance, Ad Rem and all the other moderators. This site is my home, and it feels that way because this is an awesome grouping of people – smart, unafraid and with lots of interesting perspectives.

Even in disagreement, regulars are respectful which is a much missed element in many of today’s conversations. So, thank you to Treepers too 😀

It is interesting to watch the obvious outsiders who specifically enter particular topics… enough said as I am sure it is much more interesting behind the scenes 😎

Happy Sunday! ❤

33. RogerM. says:

I’m sitting in departures lounge waiting to leave the country I love for work and read this for the 4th time I think I’ve seen it. Always a great read as it reminds me again why I come here many times a day.

Without reservation I say the last lines about wolverines patrolling, protecting me and my family brings tears to my eyes. I stand with you brothers and sisters. I don’t post a lot as I’m not as gifted as many of you, but I see it all.

God bless this place, each of you and our beloved country. Peace.

34. Minnie says:

Duly noted 👍

Thank you.

35. Willy bean says:

sundance, l frequent your site and appreciate your forthright and direct nature regarding comments or news. I am one of the hundred or so thousand silent eyes reading the comments here.

36. AmericaFirst says:

As with others, this is my #1 site for news, not just because it is astute, but because there is great context given, and the comments provide even more flesh.

Got to say, I’m shocked to discover that there are as many as 100,000 reading any given thread; it feels so cozy here with my feathered friends!

37. CoffeeBreak says:

A big thanks to Sundance and all administrators on this site. I appreciate your good work.

TCTH is a great place to hang out and rub elbows with Treepers from all walks of life. It wouldn’t be so if it weren’t for the never-ending maintainence of the comments section.

38. Deborah @UnTamedInSD says:

Excellent Reminders Sundance – Read it
    Love my branch here!

39. realcapedcrusader says:

Ad Rem’s Carpal Tunnel is acting up.😘
    I was a Mod on a huge forum, and truley appreciate the job done by SD, Ad Rem, and the rest. It really is stressful.

40. Thank You Sundance! This is why we love being here – the environment you have created and commenters contribute to.
    I have been following you for years, and come to know so many Treepers who comment as well while we laugh and cry together – even tho you all didn’t know…..I’ve been one of the 100k or more silent ones Sundance talked about.
    WordPress has decided they will let me comment finally, so perhaps I can contribute too now and then. Hi all, just call me Traveller, it’s what I do best! I’m a diehard TRUMPERTREEPER so you won’t get any trolling from me! 😀

41. Eks Mann says:

>>>…I have discovered is there really is a business model for sub-contracted social media bots (paid people) with an agenda.

We are definitely over target.

MAGA

42. Apfelcobbler says:

CTH is like home. You can always count on it, and when something new happens, you can hardly wait to get there to see everyone else’s impressions!

• Minnie says:

I don’t know how he does it but Sundance always seems to be ahead of “breaking news”.

Gratitude 🇺🇸❤️🇺🇸

• jello333 says:

One of the funnier comments here awhile back was from someone who had “researched” to discover Sundance’s “true identity”. Their conclusion? That because of the depth and volume of posts and research done here, Sundance could not possibly be a single person… but was, rather, a conglomeration of several, perhaps dozens, of different people all posting under the name “Sundance”. 😀 That’s about the best unintended compliment I’ve seen anyone give to (the single guy) Sundance.

43. daughnworks247 says:

Menagerie, Sundance, we love you all. Thank you.
    Wolverines are solid as a rock for tomorrow. No one flinching.
    We got this!

44. Llamamama3 says:

I owe everyone an apology. I am guilty. This will be my last comment. I am going back to being a silent reader! Thank you Sundance! Sorry everyone. Please forgive me.

• jello333 says:

I hope you’re joking. There’s NO reason for you to quit commenting, regardless of whether you’re “guilty” or not. Almost everyone here has been “guilty” at one time or another in these threads. And if you think this particular post was aimed at something you did (I have no idea what you think you’re “guilty” of), I’m sure you’re wrong. Sundance puts up this kind of post every once in awhile, I’d say maybe a couple times a year, just as a reminder. Sometimes because things are starting to get out of hand for whatever reason, sometimes just as a reminder. So don’t feel like this was aimed specifically at you.

• WeeWeed says:

Worry not, LM3!! Even us mods get on the wrong thread, whatnot. This is just a general reminder as we get so many new readers/commenters daily. 😉

• Llamamama3 says:

What I meant to say was, because I am relatively new to CTH ( recommended by my dear friend about two years ago ) and because I am not well educated concerning politics, It would serve me better to read and learn.

I didn’t take it as a personal attack on me! I love the treehouse! I am learning more everyday! Thanks to everyone!
        MAGA! 😄

45. Carolina Kat says:

My sincerest apologies to the CTH, moderators and fellow commenters. On Saturday I posted a link to a movie – most certainly not on topic for Mueller’s indictments. I wasn’t being intentionally malicious. It was my feeble attempt to comfort my fellow Treepers with a movie that reminds us that there are forces more powerful than money – at a time when the monied are working overtime to convince us that money is all powerful.

It isn’t. Truth is. And that’s why I come here so often – knowing the truth is here – I can honestly claim to have not missed a post in almost two years. Thank you for the reminder and in future I will try to be more circumspect in my postings.

It doesn’t matter how ‘well meaning’ the OT comment is, the rules are there not just for the respect of Sundance’s work, but for our entire community. I confess that sometimes I read the post and if the threads are too long, I just don’t comment because the Treepers here have already expressed my thoughts, and in better ways. At other times I read the post – and stew on it – coming back later to comment and the threads are already so huge, I’m overwhelmed by it.

A great debt is owed to those with courage to stand up athwart the powerful forces to speak the truth, no doubt sometimes at great personal risk. If I contribute (like now) it is my most sincere desire to support the efforts expended here, and to express appreciation for the commitment and quality that never fails at our Refuge. God bless and keep you and yours, Sundance. (And I am truly sorry for posting OT, not just on Saturday, but on anything past, as I’m sure I’ve done it.)