First Lady Melania Trump Donates Inaugural Ball Gown To Smithsonian (Video)…

First Lady Melania Trump donated her inaugural ball gown to the First Ladies’ Collection at the Smithsonian Institution. The first lady handed over the vanilla silk, off-the-shoulder gown during a ceremony Friday in Washington DC.

(Via Daily Mail) ‘The president, Barron and I love living here and we are so honored to represent this country,’ the first lady told a crowd gathered in Flag Hall at the Smithsonian National Museum of American History, the museum where her inaugural ball gown will now live.

In her speech, which lasted under four minutes, the first lady admitted procuring a ball gown had slipped her mind, so she made ‘poor Hervé,’ designer Hervé Pierre, work on a tight two-week deadline to craft the ‘gorgeous couture piece.’

‘She sent me first a text message and she said, “It’s Melania Trump, can I call you?”‘ the designer recalled to DailyMail.com. ‘And I was like “Ohhh!”‘ he said, making a gasping noise. (read moreVideo Below:

This entry was posted in Donald Trump, Election 2016, FLOTUS, Melania Trump, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

110 Responses to First Lady Melania Trump Donates Inaugural Ball Gown To Smithsonian (Video)…

1. fleporeblog says:

Our FLOTUS is truly beginning to blossom in her role. I am also happy that she had the designer there with her since so many designers refuse to dress our FLOTUS. She is falling in love with her role and we as a NATION should be grateful.

2. lav48erne says:

What a classy lady compared to what we had the last 8 years

3. The Boss says:

We’ll never have to worry about Melania turning into a pumpkin at midnight.

4. auscitizenmom says:

This is so neat. I like that…”The gown slipped my mind.” The thing I liked best about the dress was what she wanted it to represent. And, we have seen that she seems to choose her clothes for events with great care. I am very proud of how she presents herself.

5. Sylvia Avery says:

I love Melania. Everything she does is magic, as The Police sang in my youth. Not that I am in love with her in a romantic sense, I’m just in awe.

I try to read everything I can about her and her clothes, but it had escaped me until Treeper here mentioned months and months after the Inauguration how her gown was designed to look like a scrolled copy of old parchment complete with a ribbon tie, sort of like you would imagine the Declaration of Independence to look. Wow. Just wow.

Melania is so clever in conveying messages with her choice of clothing. She is masterful at it and that is part of why I love to see what she is wearing. That and I love beautiful clothing.

6. magatrump says:

God bless Flotus!

7. magagirl says:

Just beautiful! She has so much class, simple and tasteful. This dress on her look gorgeous. I’m a woman and I love having such a feminine FLOTUS.

8. BT in SC says:

What is not to love about our fabulous FLOTUS! So beautiful, gracious…

9. Alison says:

Such a joyful video & sweet memory of our beautiful, engaging First Lady. I absolutely love that photo of our First Couple smiling with glowing joy as they dance. Melania is exquisite in every way.

10. Very nice. It’s sad that all of America is not unified to appreciate Melania.

11. FL_GUY says:

First Lady Melania is the complete packaged; smart and beautiful. She is always smiling a genuine smile. What a wonderful contrast to the last 8 years when all I saw was ugliness with a snarl on it’s face. First Lady Melania’s smile is washing away the crap from the last 8 years; bringing dignity, charm, grace and beauty back to the White House. JMHO

12. The dress is beautiful and demure. The leg slit goes to mid thigh and not above. It’s strapless but I don’t see any cleavage showing when she wears it. For me, that makes it elegant and classy, just like Mrs. Trump.

13. Wonderful to se Melania looking so happy. It is genuine. I bet she would be terrific with a program to foster designers out of inner cities and establish manufacturing facilities for their designs in the inner city as well. She would get slain by the press for it though.

14. Jlwary says:

Red string to ward off misfortune….

15. Beaujest says:

Mooch to donate her tent to a Bedouin tribe !

16. sundance says:

17. Mary Kate Conly says:

I am so in love with this First Family, and especially our President, who is tough as nails, sharp as a tack, and swings a mighty hammer.

But Melania has just overwhelmed me with every appearance!

Fashion-wise, she’s a classic beauty who effortlessly wears her modern & couture pieces along with a traditional array of impeccable staples.

Her physical beauty is obvious as well as subtle. And I’m confident her heart and mind are just as beautiful.

But what I find completely overwhelming is her CHARM! Not just the perfect manners and mannerisms, and humble yet forceful choice of words. Its the CHARM!! I guess “charisma” is a more sophisticated word for it. Sparkling eyes and smiles ranging from slight to magnanimous. This lady must have one helluva personality, intellect, and positive attitude. She is RADIANT!!

18. All American Snowflake says:

I’d love to see Melania throw it in the faces of the rude and crude media Democrats. But Melania has too much class for that.

19. Maquis says:

Somehow, as worn, that dress looked more…attractive.

20. blognificentbee says:

The blue dress & jacket should be there too, iconic!

I am honored to be able to attend the Fall White House Garden tour tomorrow, will post pictures at CTH when I get home! If Melania happens to make an appearance, I may faint!

21. Phil aka Felipe says:

When my wife and I were courting, I had trepidation about getting seriously involved because of deep scars of a previous situation.

But, during this time, a song by Billy Joe came out, ‘She’s Got A Way’. It accurately described her and how she made me feel.

Listen to it and see if you don’t agree that the words describe FLOTUS Melania and how she makes us ‘Deplorables’ and I suspect POTUS, feel.

22. JimmyJack says:

I truly love Melania. What an amazing modern fairy tale story she has – from growing up in a communist Eastern European country where she couldn’t openly practice her faith, to successful fashion model, business owner, wife of a billionaire, mother, and now First Lady of the US of America. Truly an American story.

23. LARS says:

Melatonin and Melania help me sleep at night.

24. Homesteader says:

My iPad is bursting with photos of our glorious President and fabulous First Lady. Sometimes I stumble upon them when looking for a saved photo of something else. But then I just stop what I`m doing and take the time to scan all those fantastic photos of the only GOOD THING GOVERNMENTALLY that has ever happened to this country in my lifetime. I thank God everyou single day that we are rid of that shit stain and his pet urangutan.

25. shiningfields says:

FINALLY!!!!!!!! I am so excited to see her gown!!!

26. cyn3wulf says:

I’ll tell you what. The dress on a stand just doesn’t do the dress justice. It looks good on the stand, but it is a different dress altogether when it is on Melania.

27. woohoowee says:

First Lady Melania was a vision in silk! What a lovely gown. No one else could wear it like she did. The two of them grinning is my favorite picture 🙂

28. tuskyou says:

The pic inside the article where her hair is swept off to the side—swoon. I liked the dress as soon as I saw it mainly of because of the ruffle and the red belt. I’m reliving the inauguration all over again with these pics. The ultimate tho is the blue outfit with her hair up. She’d look beautiful wearing a tarp and it’s not just her looks but her demeanor and love of country.
    God Bless FLOTUS

29. Lion2017 says:

Melania is a breath of fresh air. So proud of FLOTUS!

30. Kathleen Rady says:

We are so fortunate to have such a kind and beautiful FLOTUS. The Trumps never disappoint.

31. trumpinalongwiththedeplorables says:

I LOVE this woman who is our First Lady.

32. Q&A says:

I’ll always think of this as her “calla lily” dress. Stunning!

33. Linda says:

Such a beautiful person. Proud and thrilled as well as humble that Melinia is our first lady.
    What more can we ask for?

34. Missing Andrew says:

35. Kaco says:

She is so lovely and sincere, and that she takes her charge seriously and graciously.

I wish things weren’t the way they are for her and Baron. They deserve the best respect like every other First Family has received.

36. TwoLaine says:

I remember the evening so well. I Did It My Way……..

They are both so uniquely different and yet so much the same.