RIP NFL: August 20th 1920 – October 18th 2017

When a business entity forms the largest and most important decision they make is who will lead the organization.  That decision, beyond all other decisions, has the potential to destroy the business and long-term brand image of the entity.

The National Football League has destroyed itself.  In a free-market system customers have the ability to turn away from any product or service against their interests.

Announced during a post-meeting press conference today, the N.F.L has decided not to enforce it’s own rules on player conduct.  Instead the league will continue to let players kneel or sit during the national anthem without a penalty, capitulating to demands by the athletes for free expression but potentially further alienating fans who object to the protests and feel those expressions are disrespectful to the flag and the military.

Conversely, after the meeting with union representatives and players, the social justice league promised to support causes targeted by the protesting players, including reform of the criminal justice system and continued disparagement toward law enforcement officers.

This entry was posted in Military, NFL, Patriotism, President Trump, Professional Idiots, Typical Prog Behavior, Uncategorized, USA. Bookmark the permalink.

520 Responses to RIP NFL: August 20th 1920 – October 18th 2017

1. Ivehadit says:

The N.P. L., (National Political League) formerly the NFL, can continue as they please. We won’t be watching because we will be watching FOOTBALL being played by professional football teams in our NEW LEAGUE made up of players who want to play FOOTBALL.
    FOOTBALL Fun will return to America! Yay!

2. Phil aka Felipe says:

I look forward to Sunday afternoons, Sunday nights, Monday nights and Thursday nights…so I can do anything other that watch NFL football.

3. Dehbashi says:

I didn’t think it was possible but Goodell has beaten Bettman from NHL as the worse commissioner in sports. But when even the NBA has more brains than you on this and they have way more blacks than the NFL, you know you are brain dead. But having the most communist league based on how it is structured explains this

4. mopar2016 says:

These crybaby players should be playing kickball for Venezuela.
    They deserve to be paid about 50 bucks per game.

5. William F Buckley's Ghost says:

The first rule in the Law of Holes is if you’re in one to stop digging!

6. Binkser1 says:

Proud that this guy is from my local area. Hope the Jaguars get the he** out of Jacksonville sooner rather than later. http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2017/10/former-nfl-fan-will-fly-boycott-jaguars-nfl-banner-sundays-game-veterans-day-weekend/

7. NJ Transplant says:

In NJ, we had to pay for the Meadowlands stadium twice. Of course, they needed a better one. The 2 NFL teams called themselves the “New York” Giants and the “New York” Jets. The taxpayers of NJ support them and when they win the superbowl (Giants not Jets), their parade is in NYC. I got sick of being stupid and moved to Maine. At least our NFL team, which is in Boston, is called “New England.”

The players are on work time. Before I retired, we were told we couldn’t do anything political on work time or there would be consequences. What is wrong with these owners? They deserve bad ratings and the possible demise of the NFL. I wonder how popular the Super bowl will be this year.

8. Pam says:

9. CountryclassVulgarian says:

That pic of Jerry Jones kneeling always makes me shake my head. You can see he know what he is doing is wrong but his thugs have in in their girlish and he can’t resist. Poor spineless fools.

But I will go back to my original question. When will the fans say enough is enough? At this point every single game should be playing to empty stadiums.

• waynesteapartyworld says:

I’m officially thrilled now. The dipsticks in the NFL are guaranteeing another term for president Trump. Trump = American Patriotism and Democrat = backstabbing hippie.

• I’ve notice an increase in TV commercials for the NFL like I’ve never seen before. Their going to try to weather this storm.

I cannot see myself ever getting back into following the teams in the NFL until there are many, many mea culpas from management and players.

• slegvold says:

Mea culpas??? Do you seriously think anything they say would be believable at this point much less sincere in any way??? They have more than proven their anti-white anti-cop ideology and you are willing to let them off the hook and back into your living room for a few insincere, fake apologies??? Is that the net worth of your country to you?

• sat0422 says:

Obviously in this day and age, anything can be advertised on television. I flip channels for a variety of reasons. Let them spend their last dollar trying to win back millions.

• Paul Revere says:

For Sunday, November 12th, Veterans Day Weekend.

You graduated high school in 2011. Your teenage years were a struggle. You grew up on the wrong side of the tracks. Your mother was the leader of the family and worked tirelessly to keep a roof over your head and food on your plate.

Academics were a struggle for you and your grades were mediocre at best. The only thing that made you stand out is you weighed 225 lbs and could run 40 yards in 4.2 seconds while carrying a football.
      Your best friend was just like you, except he didn’t play football. Instead of going to football practice after school, he went to work at McDonalds for minimum wage.

You were recruited by all the big colleges and spent every weekend of your senior year making visits to universities where coaches and boosters tried to convince you their school was best. They laid out the red carpet for you.

Your best friend worked double shifts at Mickey D’s. College was not an option for him. On the day you signed with Big State University, your best friend signed paperwork with his Army recruiter. You went to summer workouts. He went to basic training.

You spent the next four years living in the athletic dorm, eating at the training table. You spent your Saturdays on the football field, cheered on by adoring fans. Tutors attended to your every academic need. You attended class when you felt like it. Sure, you worked hard. You lifted weights, ran sprints, studied plays, and soon became one of the top football players in the country.

Your best friend was assigned to the 101 st Airborne Division. While you were in college, he deployed to Iraq once and Afghanistan twice. He became a Sergeant and led a squad of 19 year old soldiers who grew up just like he did. He shed his blood in Afghanistan and watched young American’s give their lives, limbs, and innocence for the USA.

You went to the NFL combine and scored off the charts. You hired an agent and waited for draft day. You were drafted in the first round and your agent immediately went to work, ensuring that you received the most money possible.. You signed for $16 million although you had never played a single down of professional football.

Your best friend re-enlisted in the Army for four more years. As a combat tested sergeant, he will be paid $32,000 per year.

You will drive a Ferrari on the streets of South Beach. He will ride in the back of a Blackhawk helicopter with 10 other combat loaded soldiers. You will sleep at the Ritz. He will dig a hole in the ground and try to sleep. You will “make it rain” in the club. He will pray for rain as the temperature reaches 120 degrees.

On Sunday, you will run into a stadium as tens of thousands of fans cheer and yell your name..
      For your best friend, there is little difference between Sunday and any other day of the week. There are no adoring fans. There are only people trying to kill him and his soldiers. Every now and then, he and his soldiers leave the front lines and “go to the rear” to rest. He might be lucky enough to catch an NFL game on TV.

When the National Anthem plays and you take a knee, he will jump to his feet and salute the television. While you protest the unfairness of life in the United States, he will give thanks to God that he has the honor of defending his great country.

To the players of the NFL: We are the people who buy your tickets, watch you on TV, and wear your jerseys. We eagerly wait for Sundays so we can cheer for you and marvel at your athleticism. Although we love to watch you play, we care little about your opinions until you offend us.

You have the absolute right to express yourselves, but we have the absolute right to boycott you. We have tolerated your drug use and DUIs, your domestic violence, and your vulgar displays of wealth. We should be ashamed for putting our admiration of your physical skills before what is morally right. But now you have gone too far. You have insulted our flag, our country, our soldiers, our police officers, and our veterans. You are living the American dream, yet you disparage our great country.

I am done with NFL football and encourage all like minded Americans to boycott the NFL as well.
      National boycott of the NFL for Sunday November 12th, Veterans Day Weekend. Boycott all football telecast, all fans, all ticket holders, stay away from attending any games, let them play to empty stadiums. Pass this post along to all your friends and family. (If you haven’t already done so, please shut them off/out on that day.)

Honor our military, some of whom come home with the American Flag draped over their coffin.

• Setsukogermanaro says:

OMG. Thanks, Paul.

• Arby says:

Semper Fi, 10,000 thumbs up

• Linus_in_W.PA. says:

OUTSTANDING!!!

• Ken says:

Paul my good sir you nailed it with 1000% accuracy. I’m way ahead of the Veterans Day boycott as I haven’t watched the NFL in general and my favorite team the Steelers in particular. Trust me in that it will be no problem for me to honor my fellow vets come November 12th.

• tim reagan says:

Paul, I hope you don’t mind that I’ve shared this with many! Well Said!!

• That was amazing. This should be read at a Trump rally.
        Goodel says they r having talks about black communities and the police, I hope the talks will include the deeper problems of blacks killing each other, fatherless homes, drug addiction etc.,the bullying of decent people by vicious gangs, dems leftest policies hurting the black communities instead of lifting them up. Yeah I hope they address the elephant in the room and come up with solutions instead of fists in the air.

• Yup, I got that in an Email from a friend. You could at least note that you did also!

• texasmagnolia says:

Sent this to my 4 adult children…one is a Marine Corps officer and another one is a Navy officer. They are used to their mother speaking out against the liberal loons. I know they will appreciate this.

• slegvold says:

I still don’t understand why Americans think these protests had anything to do with a smack down of our military. It is about black racism towards white people and a hate cop mentality because they consider an unfair number of blacks are ‘targeted’ by cops for criminal activity and wind up in prison. It is a smack down of whites who are the NFL’s largest fan base coupled with Marxist social justice CRAPOLA to cover their own anti-white bigotry. This narrative needs to be discussed in its real context not the spin that has been placed on it to cover the real agenda.

• Flawless Strategy says:

“I still don’t understand why Americans think these protests had anything to do with a smack down of our military.”

Yep, and while almost everyone is so busy setting up this straw man and knocking it down, no one is addressing the real problem. Which is, as you say, anti-white racism, and cop-hating. (Or as they say, police brutality, profiling, and racism.) It’s the same goal BLM has always had – to make black criminals immune from policing, immune from our laws, etc.

The argument will never be solved by attacking straw men instead of the real argument.

And it will continue because no one can even go a week without their precious football.

No, they absolutely do not have any right to protest on the job unless their employers allow them to. You can’t protest the eating of meat with your vegan talking points while running the register at a McDonald’s.

Their employers would put a stop to this kneeling real quick if they started going out of business because of it. But just keep on tuning in. If you’re not going to boycott, then quit complaining. You are getting what you paid for. Right now the employers are virtue signaling right along with the players. They’ll go whichever way they think means more money.

I would join the boycott but I have never watched the crap anyhow. So I already boycott it by default.

• Falcon Koch says:

On November 10, the Ronald Reagan Library is holding “Annual Veterans Day Commemoration” I will be attending, can’t wait for that day!

• bentley1blog says:

Probably too many season ticket holders are thinking “You freaks will not deprive me of my love for football… in your face!!! I will boo the hell out of you cowards and cheer for my REAL heros who have love of our country and the game. As long as the jeers and boos prevail on the losers kneeling or linking arms. But actually the have no morals or respect for our country and military. All they know is following certain neighborhood organizers and Soros who more than likely has paid each of them millions to pull this stunt which will backfire…hopefully.

10. dalethorn says:

When you see these things, and see the MSM ranting against Trump and Russia’s Putin, you might wonder what the angst against Putin is about. Wonder no more – here’s what he says about the growing decadence of the West.

“A further challenge for the Russian national identity is connected to the processes we observe outside of Russia. They include foreign policy, morals and other aspects. We see that many Euro-Atlantic States have taken the path of denying or rejecting their Christian roots which form the basis of Western civilisation. In these countries the basis of morals and of any traditional identity is being denied – national, religious, cultural and even gender identities are being denied or relativized. There, politics treat a family with many children as juridically equal to a homosexual partnership – faith in God is equal to faith in Satan. The excesses and exaggerations of “political correctness” in these countries lead to serious consideration for the legitimising of political parties that promote propaganda for paedophilia.

The people in European States are actually ashamed of their religious affiliations and are even frightened to speak about them. Christian holidays and celebrations are abolished or given neutral names, as if one were ashamed of those Christian holidays. By this means the deeper moral value of these celebrations is hidden from view. And these countries try to force this model onto other countries. I am deeply convinced that to live this way will lead directly to culture being degraded and returned to a primitive condition. And this makes the demographic and moral crisis of the West still deeper. Today nearly all countries of the West cannot survive reproductively, not even with the inflow of population by immigration. What clearer proof of the moral crisis in the West could there be than this inability to reproduce itself?

Without the moral values that are rooted in Christianity and other world religions, without rules and moral values that have been formed and developed over thousands of years, people inevitably lose their human dignity. As for ourselves we think it is right and natural to defend these moral values coming from Christianity. We must respect the right to self-determination of every minority, but by the same token there cannot and must not be any doubt about the rights of the majority.

At the same time as we observe this decadence at the national level in the West, on the international level we observe the attempt to unify the world in accordance with a unipolar model, to relativize and remove institutions of international law and national sovereignty. In such a unipolar unified world there is no place for sovereign States, because such a world requires only vassals. From a historical perspective such a unipolar world would mean the surrender of one’s own identity and God-created diversity.”

• well, Putin is very capable of making these observations. He’s ex-KGB and what we are suffering from in the West is a KGB operation. It’s called subversion, rotting the pillars of the society from within. He knows how to reverse the process too, because once a country is fully subverted and falls in the lap of the subverter, the useful idiots will have to be cleared out and the country re-stabilized into the new normal. Just look up Yuri Bezmenov lectures and interviews on YouTube to know what I’m talking about.

• slegvold says:

Can you please explain what moral values are rooted in “other world religions”? Enquiring minds would love to know.

• dalethorn says:

Not knowing exactly what Putin thinks, I can only guess, and like my previous post, it’s about matters of principle rather than matters of fact. My understanding is that Western religion (Christian, Jewish, ….) spells out the principles, such as the 10 commandments, or even the Laws of Moses, that people should adhere to to keep their society healthy. I believe that what Putin is getting at is that Socialism and Atheism go hand in hand, and they destroy healthy societies.

11. dogsmaw says:

Ta ta NFL o/

“Sometimes It’s A Bitch”

Well, I’ve run through rainbows
    And castles of candy
    I’ve cried a river of tears
    From the pain

I try to dance with
    What life has to hand me
    My partner’s been pleasure

And sometimes it sees
    Sometimes it’s roses
    And sometimes it’s weeds
    Sometimes it’s a bitch
    Sometimes it’s a breeze

I’ve reached in darkness
    And come out with treasure
    I’ve laid down with love
    And I woke up with lies

What’s it all worth
    Only the heart can measure
    It’s not what’s in the mirror
    But what’s left inside

Sometimes it’s a bitch
    Sometimes it’s a breeze
    Sometimes love’s blind
    And sometimes it sees
    Sometimes it’s roses
    And sometimes it’s weeds
    Sometimes it’s a bitch
    Sometimes it’s a breeze

You gotta take it as it comes
    Sometimes it don’t come easy

I’ve run through rainbows
    And castles of candy
    And I’ve cried a river of tears
    From the pain

I tried to dance with
    What life had to hand me
    And if I could
    I’d do it all over again

Sometimes it’s a bitch
    Sometimes it’s a breeze
    Sometimes love’s blind
    And sometimes it sees
    Sometimes it’s roses
    And sometimes it’s weeds
    Sometimes it’s a bitch
    Sometimes it’s a breeze

Sometimes the picture
    Just ain’t what it seems
    You get what you want
    But it’s not what you need
    Sometimes it’s a bitch
    Sometimes it’s a breeze

Well it’s a breeze
    It’s a breeze, it’s a breeze

12. jello333 says:

I’m actually GLAD that (for the most part) they’re trying to deny that these “protests” are against the flag, the country as a whole, the military, etc. Because the more they do that, the more the question becomes, “Well then, what ARE you protesting for/against?” And if anything, the answer to that is far MORE troubling than if they were simply protesting the flag. Because what they’re doing is showing solidarity with the likes of Black Lives Matter, Antifa, and SJWs in general… while at the same time showing opposition to police, and the “criminal justice system”, both of which (they claim) are inherently RACIST.

Anyway, the reason I’m GLAD they’re making it clear what the main focus of their “protests” are, is that that will SCARE people in this country… which in turn will mobilize opposition. Oh sure, protesting against the flag will anger a lot of people… but protesting FOR the thugs in the streets, well that’s the same as saying they APPROVE of what’s been going on. In other words, these scumbags are THREATENING the rest of us, with civil war, a race war, total anarchy, or any number of other horrible scenarios.

So if you, NFL and Mr. Goodell, think you’ve smoothed any feathers, you are DEAD WRONG.

• Flawless Strategy says:

They “are” protesting for the thugs in the streets, but everyone is too busy setting up straw men about how it’s all about anti-Americanism and anti military to bother discussing/attacking the real issue.

13. Donna in Oregon says:

If Fantasy Football gambling? It does seem that Professional sports is crooked. That is what happened to boxing. Fixing the games becomes more and more obvious.

I wonder how many Colleges are crooked too?

14. magaskook says:

Solution to take a knee. If just one pro-life NFL player would curl up in a fetal position in an effort to raise awareness to the rights of the “unborn”, the NFL would put an end to ALL protesting immediately. Booooom!

15. southernsue says:

done with the nfl and nba
    cut my cable cord so my money will not go to the stations that carry it even tho i don’t watch

we are witnessing what the left,demon rat party, truly stands for
    and it is not our country
    i just don’t see why the blacks in our country hate it so much
    unless they are systematically being radicalized by the muslim religion

lost cause
    hollyweird nfl nba=sodom and gamorrah

• georgiafl says:

Black muslim hatred for USA and Christianity is a definite factor.

That’s why they pushed out Tim Tebow.

• Roy says:

There is another (((group))) that hates Christianity and people of European descent. (((They))) just happen to own Hollywood, the mainstream media, most of the NFL, Vegas, the porn industry, and most importantly, the banking industry.

(((These people))) in the USA all have dual-citizenship to a genetically enforced ethnostate.

Ask yourselves, why a certain country is allowed to control its immigration based on the results of genetic testing, while at the same time, people who are citizens of that country agitate the most against the USA — they promote open borders and replacement of the population of heritage Americans, like me and you.

Nobody questions their dual citizenship, the double standard for their other home, or why they are so vocally anti-American and anti-White.

Even asking why gets one a terrible label.
        As Voltaire once said “to know who rules over you, look to those you are not allowed to criticize”. And in some European countries even asking a question about an supposed event can land you in prison. Just for doubting.

Ask yourselves if you think the truth needs to be protected by laws that mandate prison time for anyone who questions it?

To fix a problem, first you have to name it.

• georgiafl says:

LOOK what the BM b4$+4rd$ did to the quarterback who wouldn’t toe the kneeler line!

They essentially threw the game to teach him a lesson.

H8 them and their zer0 leader.

• Ken says:

A friend of mine got rid of his Direct TV NFL package last month. He’s had that for years.

16. The Defiant One says:

When the United States was formed, there was no such thing as the NFL or football.

The United States helped and saved the World as a whole and millions upon million of people in it’s 241 years.

What good has the NFL brought to the World how many lives did it save?

In 20 years the NFL will be replaced and forgotten, it’s stars will be has beens charging people 20 dollars for autographs while the USA will be STRONG, LIVE ON AND THRIVE!!

17. Thetruthmatters says:

The commissioner would end sideline protests in two seconds flat if any player protested abortion by standing on the sidelines during the anthem looking solemnly down at his hands cupped together as though holding a lifeless child.

18. Let us not forget the NBA – equally foul in it;s own way…

19. I don’t get this SJW (Social Justice Warriors?) term. Call me old fashion but a “warrior” is ready to die to defend the honor of his country. How these people, who will probably run at the sound of a fire cracker mistaking it for gunshot, by any means qualify as “warrior”? I would like to borrow the term from our President, whom he likes to use for certain group of people – they should be called just plain “Losers” (drop the Social Justice out of it since these same folks kneeling right now do not lift a finger when their fellow players are booked for domestic violence or drug abuse or __________ … you can fill n the blanks since it is a long list).

20. There’s been NO NFL football on any of MY TVs since this blew up!! And guess what, I don’t care if the bas**rds go out of business and starve!

21. Mike diamond says:

No more N F L foot ball on my TV !!! They are a disgrace to our nation !!!! They will go the way of JC penny ! They won’t listen to their fans until the money is gone !

22. Mike diamond says:

No NFL on my TV,they are a disgrace I guess Rodger g can work at Burger king !

23. Robert W. says:

You’re a badass Paul Revere! Fantastic sentiment… Great post above.

24. Kerry Gimbel says:

I can’t fathom how anybody can stomach watching a game anymore

25. I’ve notice an increase in TV commercials for the NFL like I’ve never seen before. Their going to try to weather this storm.

26. jnearen says:

Goodell says that the NFL wants to focus on football and not on politics by doing what exactly? Tolerating open political protests to begin each game. Good luck with that.

27. Rino Hunters United! says:

Analysis of the 3&1/2 hours of Televised NFL football shows 60+ minutes of advertisements, over 60+ minutes of game interruptions, 45 minutes of non-action standing around waiting, 20 minutes of halftime – but only 12 minutes of actual ‘snapping the ball and playing the game’ –