The Mandalay Bay security guard who disappeared last week moments before he was scheduled to break his silence in television interviews has not been heard from since he went to a walk-in health clinic, his union president said. (link)

UPDATE 8:00pm: Well, alrighty then…. Las Vegas police say Campos is NOT missing , they will no longer hold press conferences and people need to stop asking questions about the biggest mass shooting in U.S. history.  –SEE HERE

According to one report surfacing from Laura Loomer, a ground report investigator in Las Vegas, the social security number used by Jose Campos is also shared with a California identity name Jesus Quintero. Which brings up the question CTH posed at the beginning of all the conflicting stories and explanations:

Is Jose Campos an illegal alien?

If Jesus “Jose” Campos is indeed an illegal alien almost all of the challenging and conflicting reports from law enforcement, Mandalay Bay and the FBI begin to reconcile.

This would explain the local and national concerns within the larger political and national security apparatus.  Think about how dramatically the national conversation could shift if the FBI and Department of Homeland Security had to admit the security of thousands of people in Las Vegas was compromised by non secure hiring practices.

This would also explain why Campos was unarmed; he would not pass a state or federal background check to carry a firearm.  Was Jose Campos in fear of his status being discovered? Did this delay or impede his action on Sunday night October 1st?

CTH has noted for a considerable amount of time that the larger hotel and hospitality industry is fraught with illegal aliens. Imagine if this event forced major corporate hotel chains to check or re-verify employment eligibility of their employees. It would be chaos in that industry; they would lose thousands of employees.

How many Mis-Matched Social Security number notifications (from the IRS) has MGM Resorts and the Mandalay Bay Hotel received over the past two years? The answer to that question expands the liability of the parent company exponentially.

The possibility of Jose Campos being an illegal alien virtually explains all of the confusing behavior of all parties within this dynamic of contradictory information. Las Vegas authorities would not want the general public to know the scope of the historic hiring issue.  Additionally, Las Vegas would not want visitors to know their security was contingent upon illegal alien “security” workers; and the liability for the Mandalay Bay Massacre increases accordingly.

The FBI and DHS would find themselves in the center of a rather explosive political issue.

Yes, the possibility of Jose Campos as an illegal alien explains many of the current contradictions.

(SOURCE LINK)

This entry was posted in Big Stupid Government, Cultural Marxism, Dem Hypocrisy, Dept Of Justice, DHS, FBI, Illegal Aliens, Mandalay Bay Massacre, Notorious Liars, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

895 Responses to Reconciling The Confusion: Jesus “Jose” Campos Missing – Is Campos an Illegal Alien?

1. sundance says:

• fleporeblog says:

How long can they holdout before the truth gets out there about Jesus “Jose” “Larry” Campos. The dam is about to break and the water from it will wash all of them away! Americans in massive numbers have had enough with illegals. Nearly 7 out of 10 agree with our President that the numbers need to be reduced in half (1 million down to 500K). End Chain Migration and create a merit based system where E-Verify is used. The RAISE Act will grow in support to 85% of Americans.

The WALL takes on a greater urgency given this info as well as the fact an illegal was caught setting a fire in California that has already killed 40 people and regrettably the death toll will rise. DACA is the least of the problems for the Uniparty. Americans will be voting out the Rhinos in primaries and Democrats during the midterm election in November 2018.

This graph below will go from Republicans having possibly 58 seats in the Senate to over 60 on immigration alone.

• kittycat77 says:

I think his name was Jesus Angel Campos.

• fleporeblog says:

• 4sure says:

Dollars to donuts, Campos is an illegal. AQs SD has strated Las Vegas is unindated w/illeals working there. Hey, Jeff Sessions, you might want to get to work since these are not Russian illegals. The FBI and Sheriff Tears knew almost immediately that Campos was an illegal. That’s why he suddenly went into hiding and the maintenance man took the lead. Yes, the FBI in full blown cover up and Sessions is allowing it. Believe nothing the FBLie says. Vegas is controlled by the mafia. The sheriff is owned by the mafia. He doesn’t go take a crap w/o permission from the mafia.

I hope MGM and Mandalay Bay loses every centvthey have are ever will have. People need to stay away from that dangerous shithole.

• 4sure says:

I butchered that one w/typos. Sorry.

• JimmyJack says:

What strikes me as odd is that a union would allow illegals in. I thought they were opposed to that kind of thing which is why their continued support of the Dems is baffling.

It’s reported they worked with him for days to get ready for the interviews. Are they covering for the union for allowing him in?

• Grandma Covfefe says:

SEIU is the Union for Vegas workers. They are corrupted. They were hired to oversee and monitoring the voting machines in Nevada, too. That is a red flag. i wouldn’t be surprised the illegals belong to SEIU.

Remember Sharron Angle for Senator in 2010? She was polling ahead of Reid.
              “Harry Reid defeated Republican challenger Sharron Angle in the November election, 50.3% to 44.6%, despite losing 14 of Nevada’s 17 counties.”

• seekingthetruth2 says:

I remember that election very well as I helped to campaign for Sharon. At that time, my brother-in-law began working for New York New York. He was shocked how many illegals were working there and how many voting machines were in NYNY itself. He was also shocked how the SEIU gestapo would round up those who had not voted and would escort them to a voting machine. My brother -in law was a liberal/libertarian, but he was a born & raised Orange County surfer dude and saw first hand what happened to CA with illegals.

A few years later, my wife’s hospital went SEIU. She is an RN and vigorously fought unionization. The RNs voted the union in by less than ten votes. They are still there today. Final note re: SEIU. Three SEIU guys showed at our house looking for my wife. Fortunately, when I answered the door, I was just about to go out and about and my 9mm was in my open carry holster as they started their questioning. I stopped them short and said very simply “Don’t come back her again”. They did not.

• john cesaro says:

the unions say that they are against it but a fat envelope every once in a while to the union bosses turns their heads every time. money talks and every job walks

• fleporeblog says:

You are absolutely right! I will never go back to Vegas even if they paid me.

• Kroesus says:

you are doing the same as the illegals their advocates and MSM do, conflating the issue…..the reduction called for in RAISE from 1M to 500k is LEGAL immigration (far too high IMHO)….the illegal issue is typically displayed as a 11M+ figure (far too low IMHO)……I would estimate conservatively 8M of the 39M+ residents of CA alone are illegally present in the country and the removal of them while causing a temporary decline in economic activity works towards solution of a myriad of associated problems

• The Boss says:

I hope Laura can find out if Jesus is registered to vote in California and actually has voted. THAT will be a substantial secondary explosion.

• Jim says:

Now we know from whence comes, “Oh, but Hillary won the popular vote.”

• Grandma Covfefe says:

Jim, Exactly what I’ve been saying for years. Massive voter fraud in California. Our local 2016 ballot worksheet had 9 non-english languages available on it. I personally counted it.
          Chinese, Spanish, Khmer, Hindi, Japanese, Korean, Tagalog, Thai, and Vietnamese

• Niagara Frontier says:

The Social Security Administration’s Earnings Suspense File has reached $1.2 trillion in uncredited wages associated with 333 million W-2s since the program began.

Recently about 95 percent of the W-2s are suspended because of name and Social Security Number (SSN) mismatches. It’s not unusual for scores of workers to use the same SSN in different parts of the country, thus causing all of the earnings associated with that SSN to end up in the suspense file.

• Old Lady says:

Didn’t our former president have a prior used ssn?

• Patriot1783 says:

As well as another name.

• Blacksmith8 says:

Why yes I believe he did. The real name escapes me right now. I remember how odd for someone from ‘Hawaii’ to be using an SSN from Connecticut that had already been issued to somebody else.
        Remember, don’t listen to me, I am a birther.

• nuthinmuffin says:

barry soetoro

• Risasi says:

Blacksmith is thinking of “Harrison J. Bounel”, but I don’t believe it was ever determined if Obama actually had that SSN, or if it was just an error in a database somewhere.

But point taken re: SSN’s. Now we have potentially 143 million compromised in this Equifax fiasco, and don’t depend upon LifeLock to protect you…some of their monitoring services are using Equifax!

• AM says:

SSN are issued based on where someone is living when they are issued, not the place of birth.

My children have SSN associated with their place of birth, but I got them within a week of their birth. I didn’t get my SSN until 15 years old and if we had moved, it would have reflected my residence then. Obama is old enough to have a gap between his birth and his SSN issuance. (Remember when they pretended it wasn’t supposed be used for ID? Good times.)

Don’t want to get into the weeds about the birther stuff, especially since Obama is now an ex-president. Whatever anyone believes on the matter is correct in my book. 😉

• nimrodman says:

Didn’t our former president have a prior used ssn?

Believe so. And didn’t the computers choke on it when they tried to register Barky for Obamacare at a big-to-do ribbon-cutting ceremony for it?

Believe Barky had to stand there while the clerk kept up with multiple tries and the computer system kept rejecting it.

I won’t search for a source just now but I remember enjoying the comedy at the time.

• JimmyJack says:

If you follow some of the responses there are users who say they are locals giving specific info as to where to go to get all kind son illegal documents.

• Bacall says:

I suspected this was the case as soon as he was reported to have checked into a health clinic and would miss all television interviews.

• Tom says:

I wonder what Jesus Quintero looks like …

2. StormyeyesC says:

Of course he is illegal. I knew that day one and said so on here. The Hispanic culture uses given name and then family names of both mother and father. Often have several last names, used as aliases. Probably his mother’s maiden name is Campos

• Thecleaner says:

Now if he were lets say “a dreamer” and also involved in this incident, then any amnesty that anybody had hoped to obtain from Trump would immediately disappear, and Congress would be forced to fund and expedite wall construction…..cant have any of that….trillions at stake

• mopar2016 says:

Campos is also a common name in the Philippines.
      And Paddock’s girlfriend (Marilu Danley) is from the Philippines.
      Campos may turn out to be more than just an illegal alien.

• wtd says:

In 1521, Portuguese explorer Ferdinand Magellan’s expedition arrived in the Philippines. . .hence the Portuguese influences. “Campos” is a Portuguese surname.

• JimmyJack says:

Magellan was Portuguese but sailed for Spain. Spain controlled the Philippines until 1898, the same year Spain lost control of their colonial holding of Cuba as a result of the Spanish American War.

(Much of the heritage you are referring to is actually Spanish, not Portuguese but they have enough of a shared common heritage I’m not sure it matters.)

• Grandma Covfefe says:

That unmistakable beard cut speciality is a dead give-away for me.

• nimrodman says:

“Campos is also a common name in the Philippines.

I dropped “campos” into google translate and in both Portugese and Spanish it translates to “fields”. The “language auto-detect” chose Portugese, likely indicating it’s etymological origin as Portugese.

A surf spot in Mexico I’ve been to has the nearest main town of “Caleta de Campos”.

“Caleta” translates from Spanish as “cove”. There is a natural cove formed by a prominent headland, with a good sheltered beach for launching fishing boats.

So Caleta de Campos I interpret as referring to the cove in a larger landscape of fields.

Much of the surrounding land is agricultural, with flat land of papaya farms presently, perhaps corn fields historically for sustenance before export agriculture took hold.

The entire phrase Caleta de Campos returns from the translator as “field stream”, but I don’t think that’s quite it.

At any rate it appears that Campos would be a common word and common name in both Spanish and Portugese, probably found in many former colonies of both, and not likely to be diagnostic of any one particular place.

“It is topographical in translation and literally means the countryside. However logically, when used as a name, it is more likely to have originally been a descriptive nickname either for a ‘country boy’ or more probably somebody who moved from the countryside to a town.”

3. citizen817 says:

Occams Razor… This surely explains it all.

4. Trumppin says:

Why would the sheriff block Laura Loomer if he has nothing to hide?

5. waltherppk says:

Maybe the real name is Mohammed instead of Jesus

6. AghastInFL says:

Did the deadly hesitation to inform local authorities stem from this same likelihood? it seems so, consider the ramifications….

7. calbear84 says:

So Big Labor is fine with illegal hiring practices? Explosive indeed.

• Indimex says:

This is nothing new to even the casual observer. Only the willfully ignorant will pretend to be shocked. Hopefully, this will begin to truly resonate with the voting public.

• Tejas Rob says:

He’s Union. The danger to this nation caused by labor unions is something not talked about. Most of them are pure communists/socialists, which is why that ideology has spread so in this nation, remember, most teachers are union.

• Oh yes, Big Labor is just fine with illegals flocking into the country. Many of these people will work for much less than Americans who seek a fair wage. This ranges from large employers to smaller dairy farmers and all the way up to the Chamber of Commerce and their minions in Congress, McCain, Ryan, McConnell, Blunt, Corker, and so on.

Personally, I have vowed that the next time I walk into a business displaying that plaque: ‘Proud Member of the Chamber of Commerce,’ I think I’m just going to walk back out……

• Sandra-VA says:

Local Chambers of Commerce have nothing to do with the big kahuna US Chamber of Commerce. The local versions are made up of proprietors of businesses in your area. They band together to do good things for the community, talk to local government about issues that affect their business etc etc.

• I disagree…..the COC does not do much for the community other than hype their member businesses. I have been a member more than once over the years.

With my last business, I refused to join them as they would come into my store to sell themselves…… They boycotted me simply because I chose to remain independent of that organization.

• RickA says:

@ Sandra-VA: My local CoC (mid-sized Pennsylvania city) has been run by leftists since I opened my business 17 years ago. They have been instrumental in advocating and facilitating “public private” partnerships which transfer all the downside business risk to the taxpayers, and allow the big-time private developers to skim all the revenue, leaving taxpayers holding the bag for the operating shortfalls, forever.

The local CoC invited a newly retired Bill Clinton to be a speaker at their yearly big ticket-selling event, reportedly paying Clinton $25,000 and a private jet ride for his speech. I wouldn’t give them a nickel, ever…..

• snarkybeach says:

In Nevada, I’m certain they vote as well (and for whoever the SEIU tells them to)

• joninmd22 says:

Increases the number of Union members and if or when they were able to get them the right to vote then it increases the number of democrat voters.

It all goes back to the Democrat party.

8. georgiafl says:

Is it possible Quintero is his father or mother’s surname?

Full name: Jesus Angel ‘Jose’ Quintero Campos
    or
    Jesus Angel Campos Quintero
    or
    Both names are fake – inventions for the Gringo police?

9. Turranos says:

This is certainly a can of worms that Las Vegas does not want to be opened, however it is a can that should be opened right away. Clean this up and everything gets better.

10. Laura Loomer, a veritable mongoose loose amongst the snakes. She has guts and tenacity, I’ll give her that.

• JimmyJack says:

She’s also hilarious. Someone called her Nancy Jew and she’s running with it. lol Good sense of humor.

• rednighthawk says:

I saw that wise crack and thought, Oh boy, here we go, but instead, she has embraced the Nancy Jew joke. It was a joke that was taken as such. She’s a pitbull for sure, but wants the cha-ching and fame also. Whatever! If she brings out the truth, I’m on her side all the way. She’s doing what MSM should be doing!

11. scott467 says:

“According to numerous media reports the security guard in the Mandalay Bay Massacre, Jose Campos” is missing. Apparently no media have been able to identify his location and Las Vegas officials are unwilling to state his whereabouts.”

________________

Oh the games people play now
    Every night and every day now
    Never meaning what they say now
    Never saying what they mean

And they wile away the hours
    In their ivory towers
    Till they’re covered up with flowers
    In the back of a black limousine

[Chorus:]
    La-da da da da da da da
    La-da da da da da da
    Talking ’bout you and me
    And the games people play

Oh we make one another cry
    Break a heart then we say goodbye
    Cross our hearts and we hope to die
    That the other was to blame

Neither one will give in
    So we gaze at our eight by ten
    Thinking ’bout the things that might have been
    It’s a dirty rotten shame

[Chorus]

People walking up to ya
    Singing glory hallelujah
    And they’re tryin to sock it to ya
    In the name of the Lord

They’re gonna teach you how to meditate
    Read your horoscope, cheat your fate
    And further more to hell with hate
    Come on and get on board

[Chorus]

Look around tell me what you see
    What’s happening to you and me
    God grant me the serenity
    To remember who I am

Cause you’ve given up your sanity
    For your pride and your vanity
    Turns you sad on humanity
    And you don’t give a da da da da da
    La-da da da da da da
    Talking ’bout you and me
    And the games people play…

12. waltherppk says:

NSA should bring the hammer down on this Vegas circus

13. rsanchez1990 says:

I see local lawyer commercials here all the time offering their services to people who were injured because of negligence on the part of business owners, including unsafe hiring practices. If it’s true that Campos is an illegal alien, then we have to hope the lawyers representing the victims love money more than PC, because no way Mandalay Bay pays them more hush money than they’ll get in a successful lawsuit. If the lawyers won’t get the truth for justice, at least do it for the money.

• rikster says:

They should get the Real Estate guy from Fox and FBN, he used to be one of the best lawyers in Vegas.

• Indimex says:

Don’t bet on it. If what we hear is true about the head of MGM, he sounds like he’s converted. We already know that he’s affiliated with Soros. If indeed, he’s a convert, I think it’s safe to say that there will be an endless stream of cash flow coming from the Saudis, the UAE, etc. While the MGM corporation will be limited to the company liability insurance plan.

• Thecleaner says:

If Campos is illegal, the insurers will attempt to deny coverage…bet on it

• MaineCoon says:

Hadn’t thought of that but you could be sooo correct. What insured insures criminal activity?

Oh yah. Bet the insurance policy has some fine print, maybe a little disclaimer stating something like: “won’t pay on claim if illegal activity is the source of the claim, like hiring an illegal immigrant who aids and abets a terrorists shooter at Vegas RT 21 music festival”.

• MM says:

The Insurance company will be looking for a way out of this. Their investigators are working on it as we speak. If Campos is illegal they will most certainly deny coverage.
          Also if it can be proven that the owners of Mandalay Bay new of these practices a good attorney can pierce the veil of corporation and hold the owners liable in a separate lawsuit.
          It could be victims can sue Mandalay Bay in 1 lawsuit and the owners of Mandalay Bay in a second lawsuit.

• JimmyJack says:

If so that may work in our favor as an overall strategy to stop illegal hiring practices. Not having insurance will shut them down, including any funding to expand.

• Ghostrider says:

Yes; you nailed it. They can deny both property, casualty and liability coverages and that possibility has MGM’s CFO and General Counsel awake at night.

• MaineCoon says:

I’ve posted from day 1 there is a likely scenario that Mandalay Bay will go into bankruptcy. Literally, imo, there could be a 22,000 class action suit plus 58 wrongful death, criminal negligence individual lawsuits, and the 500 injured. I don’t care how many defendants are named or third parties there is only a limited amount of insurance money.

14. spacette55 says:

I wonder if he has DACA status?

• waltherppk says:

Maybe he dreamed of a hookup with the wife of the Orlando shooter and has disappeared to the same place the FBI disappeared her.

• JimmyJack says:

Every time I see a DACA criminal in the news I tweet it to Ivanka with #noamnesty #screwDACA bc I am so sick of her going on about how they are “innocents” I could scream. It really irks me about her. Hopefully it’s a strategy to rebuff the medial and keep the left off guard but idk.

15. Jlwary says:

What if Laura Loomer was blocked because she is harassing the sheriff? What if her persistence is compromising an investigation? How does she know she is helping? Is she grandstanding?

I have no way to know the answers to these questions, but reading Thomas Wictor threads has planted skepticism of these “conspiracy theories,” in general, and of Loomer, in particular.

I definitely have a lot of questions about LV, but I don’t know that it’s anymore complex than that we cannot know everything right now because it could compromise ongoing efforts.

• andyocoregon says:

We have no way of knowing, but it’s entirely possible you voted for Hillary last year.

• Jlwary says:

I did not. And it is quite possible that Loomer does not have the best motives–how would we know?

I am not persuaded by Loomer because I respect Mr. Wictor, who persuasively planted seeds of skepticism. I voiced my questions in hopes an Actual dialogue might be had. Not to have a petty comment thrown at me. My questioning Loomer’s motives does not equate support for HRC. Grow up. And realize, it’s more than just Dems who use people for their own ends/15 minutes.

• Old Lady says:

Insightful, andy

• Trumppin says:

Thomas Wictor doesn’t seem to like competition to his theories.
      LV sheriff has publicly refused questions at the last presser I would say he’s hiding from questions from everywhere.

• Jlwary says:

Maybe his “hiding,” is something, maybe it’s nothing. I have no real way of knowing. It just seems like conspiracies may not be applicable here, if they are still actively investigating.

• JimmyJack says:

I agree with you about Wictor. He blocked me for pointing out in a gracious way a historical fact that undermined his theory about Shia and Sunni Muslims working together. He does not like to be corrected and he doesn’t like competition.

I love a lot of this threads but I take it with a grain of salt unless it is about military figurines.

• I love TW, but he is occasionally wrong. He’s humble enough to admit it too. Time will tell, God willing.

• justme928 says:

Compromising the investigation is my concern. That hurts all of us. So much of the OMG breaking news stuff, I’m sure is already known to the investigators, and there is no way it can be held from the public forever.

• AghastInFL says:

I gave up on Thomas when he became the grandstander regards a rift with Scott Adams; he cherry picked an argument based upon Adams random psychology musings… far afield from the current topics which bring many of us to both mens writings. I felt it was both unfair and one-sided so I chose to un-followed Mr. Wictor.
      My twitter feed is better off for it…. I have enough of Wictor’s insights from those that continue to follow him. JMHO his staunch adherence for his own theories regardless input from others is off-putting, simply put not every question is indicative of a ‘conspiracy’. Example, this thread and every other MB thread authored by Sundance&Crew.

• JimmyJack says:

See my post about this upthread. You hit the nail on the head.

I’m always a little suspicious of anyone who puts out they are a recovered drug addict. Just like Glenn Beck. No offense to anyone in recovery.

• Trumppin says:

I just went through her tweets for the last few days…. not harrassing the Sheriff but she did ask great questions such as this tweet 14 hrs ago

• Thecleaner says:

Whats to investigate? They already declared no isis, lone gunman, no accomplices….seems like case closed to me as far as they are concerned

• Jlwary says:

Thanks for sharing the tweet.

• Jlwary says:

Was Brian Hodge saying he was in his room/on the floor while it happened? Or did he just make a comment stating that his room was next door, of which he was not present in at the time of the shooting?

• JimmyJack says:

People are criticizing her but if not for her very public questioning I doubt we’d have even gotten the revised timeline.

• covfefe999 says:

It was Laura who issued a tweet saying a Mandalay Bay employee had looked at the reservation records and found that Paddock had reserved both 32134 and 32135. So I’m wondering why she thinks Hodge needs to be investigated, he just seems like a an attention seeker to me, he assumed Paddock had only one room and thought it would be cool to put himself at the scene. Hodge’s accounts are actually conflicting. I don’t think he was there.

• Trumppin says:

Because Hodge said he was in room 32134 and he said he seen multiple shooters.. as you said his story doesn’t add up and that is enough reason to want him investigated. He may just be a lunatic seeking his 15 min.

• covfefe999 says:

Took me forever to find this! Here’s what I had seen. Of course the source is unverifed.

• covfefe999 says:

Just in case people don’t see it, the info says Paddock had the suite and the connector room. Of course that person could be lying.

But then there’s the leaked video showing the room service cart in the hallway in front of a room door, you can see the room number is 32134 and a black cable is running from the cart under the door. Paddock had a camera on the cart. Super unlikely that he would put the cart in front of someone else’s door and even less likely that he would run the cable into their room.

• “Useful idiots” – Vladimir Ilyich Ulyanov aka Lenin
      Eventually become
      “Useless eaters” – Adolf Hitler (NMN/NMI)

• It would compromise ongoing efforts to do what? Bring a case to prosecute the shooter? But supposedly, there was only one shooter and he is dead……

C’mon, there is no legal reason not tell us exactly what happened other than they do not want us to KNOW what happened……

• mariner says:

I’ve learned a lot reading Wictor, but he’s too ready and willing to dismiss claims he regards as “conspiracy theories”, such as eyewitness accounts of multiple shooters on the ground in/near the concert venue.

Skepticism is a good thing, but the media, the FBI and LVMPD are all anxious to squash eyewitness statements they don’t like. Qui bono?

• AmericaFirst says:

I believe it was Gateway Pundit who a few days ago had an article that “conservative” press was blocked from an entire press conference, including several GP reporters.

16. Tom S says:

Mohamed Mustafa Hussein more likely!!! WTF

17. Tom S says:

Who took his application for security guard employment, and where are his finger prints?

• sundance says:

Again, people put too much stock in the label of “security guard”. He could be a bellhop on Tuesdays and Thursday and a security shift on Sunday and Monday.. etc.

It’s a shift “role”, not necessarily a trained job.

HR office says watch the security job video – answer the 25 questions and “presto”, trained as a security officer. Easy peasy.

• annieoakley says:

Boy oh boy is that the truth. Watch a video, take a test and poof, you’re trained.

• I share your feelings.
        I’ve grown to enjoy Scott Adam’s humorous perspective on persuasion and mass hysteria. I love Thomas’s perspective on war history and current battleground techniques.

Both men are quick to discount opposing views, but both have also stepped forward to admit when they were off base.

I like having them both “on our team”, as it were.

• I share your feelings.

I like having them both “on our team”, as it were.

• Sorry for the extra posts.
        Working mobile, please feel free to remove.

Oh, and speaking of cameras and watching videos…
        Nick had some interesting observations about where cameras are, and are not:

• tytanshammer says:

I was a security guard for 20 years and I can tell you that this is probably how the did it. Security guards are a glorified insurance write off, that’s it. The client usually has as low of a standard as they can get away with, and if they can get you to do other business related jobs WHILE you’re doing your security work then that is a bonus.

• JimmyJack says:

Someone has been sharing a video around that shows Campos HR info was entered by the CEO himself and doesn’t include a phone number, address, or photo. Idk if it is verified. That is an odd detail though.

• Gil says:

Even unarmed security has to have basic training through state, fingerprints, and background check.

• Gil says:

We dont have his employment records so no way to verify title or background anyway. But not being in the state system for security guards, and that “commendation” certificate are odd. Plus he was wearing a security badge as if that had some merit to training.

• Regina says:

according to Loomer, he wasn’t licensed – I’m not sure he would need fingerprints/background check to work as private “security” for the hotel?

• Gil says:

In CA you still have to get a couple weeks of state mandated training even for non armed to work as a security guard. And have permit also. Then you can get the extra training for pepper spray and for armed security. So whats the standard in nv and what is Campos’official employment title?

• MaineCoon says:

Particularly a hotel which doesn’t follow the laws.

Hire some one for evening front desk and someone calls in sick. Supervisor: “Jesus, need you to fill in for Joe tonight. Grab a “security jacket” from wardrobe and check on the stair well emergency fire exit door on 32″.

Jesus has no idea what to do when shooting starts— other than run from the law.

• Gil says:

In ca you have to have state mandated training for a couple weeks, even as unarmed. You can then get extra training for pepper spray, armed security as you wish. So im just wondering what the nv standards are and what his official employment records state. Fingerprints, basic background, all required here, so ?

18. debmonson says:

Strong suspicion that good ole jose is actually a muslim/islamic that beard bothers me in every pic of muslim islamic adherents the guys have beards like this almost exclusively non muslim men ie white hispanics black etc when they grow beards they might look similar in some cases but they are different

• The Boss says:

Agree. Maybe an Abu Sayyef or Jemaah Islamiyah ex-pat.

• I agree with you,Boss! Nose is too slender face too anguler ,eyes are not roundish and soft. Doesn’t Remind me of any Mexican or South American type I’ve ever seen and I’ve seen plenty, having lived in West Texas many years.

• Indimex says:

Although agree with the Muslim association, I have to take exception to you ruling out his Latin Americanism based on his looks. I am Mexican, he looks plenty Mexi to me. The finer features just mean less indigenous, more conquistador genes in the mix. What sets him apart is the JIHADI beard. Very unusual that. I cannot recall a single family member, friend or acquaintance with facial hair groomed in that manner.

• CheetoGuido says:

i agree. My family is mexican and we are constantly confused with being white. Just different blood lineage (indian, spaniard which includes arabic). He looks plenty Mexi to me as well, and I agree it is the beard style. It is not a common styling for beards except for maybe Muslims.

• kittycat77 says:

My husband has a beard, and we’re not Muslim. We’re Christians.

19. First Last says:

I said that in the very beginning and got all kinds of “unpatriotic” push back. Same thing happened with Jeff Sessions. People don’t use their own heads anymore.

20. Liked by 2 people

21. Brant says:

Please redo timeline again of when he was seen by other people. Could he be the “one”? And offed Pollock and slipped outside the door just as others came up? Yes, way conspiratorial and will not think further if my timeline memory is off.

22. mikebrezzze says:

I still think he was a shooter and the out of control machine gun shot something solid in front of him and was hit by his own ricochete

• Molly Pitcher says:

LOL..I’ve gone every whichway in my thinking on Campos…my latest thought is that he was armed (illegally) and he shot himself accidentally in the chaos and that’s why he refused treatment…haha or he was part of it..but if they’d simply provide more facts there wouldn’t be so many “conspiracy” theories.
      Provide the time he was dispatched by Mandolay Bay to go check the door and by whom..details they all seem to want to hide

23. FofBW says:

The cat is out of the bag. A good lawyer, on the victims side, should be able to hire a private investigator to dig out the truth.

The sun light is getting very bright!

24. Molly Pitcher says:

Hmmm…NOW they know where he is but won’t tell…

FTA~
    But a statement released this morning by MGM, the parent company of Mandalay Bay, suggests something that he’s simply shy and doesn’t want media attention.
    MGM told the Review-Journal in a Tuesday email: “Jesus Campos wants to tell his story at a time and place of his choosing. He’s asked that everyone respect his request for privacy. We could not be more proud of Jesus.”

25. Daniel says:

…and imagine if the hotel hired a LEGAL and ARMED security person, how many of those lives (perhaps ALL of them) would have been saved?

26. emet says:

Casino employees need a “gaming card” from Metro. Show birth certificate, etc. The requirements are on the LVMPD website. Paddock’s girlfriend (Reno Atlantis) would have gotten hers from Washoe Cty Sheriffs).

• emet says:

Btw. Casino employees without Metro gaming cards or work cards=possible loss of gaming licence. Gaming licenses are hard to get and expensive (applicants foot the cost of their iwn investigation).

• Gil says:

Thats the thing. This could be cleared up quickly.
      Im just asking innocently here, why would the fbi and sheriff care to cause this much grief over campos being an illegal? He could be a hero or they could sweep him under the rug.
      If he is an illegal anyways, why is the union and hotel directing his movements and speaking out? Why dont the hundreds of proamnesty groups come out to protect him? If hes one of theirs.
      IDK, this is really a 3 ring circus.

• emet says:

Mandalay Bay, knowingly employs illegal who helps Paddock move ordnance. Huge liability. Loss of gaming license.
        Sheriff turns blind eye to hiring illegals without the required gaming/work card, in exchange for election support or $.
        Other casinos operating the same way, potential loss of gaming licence.
        Illegal helps killer=loss of business for Nevada casinos
        Lot’s of money at stake. A miniNafta

• Blacksmith8 says:

So now campos is an illegal, stealing an SSN, showing a fake COLB to the police, and lying about where he was and who he was with at ‘man country’.
      err: sorry that was the obysmal thread showing through

• joninmd22 says:

I’m unfamiliar with the process so let me ask what’s the possibility that Mandalay Bay was trying to skirt that requirement and why?

27. scott467 says:

“Think about it. The legal risk to MGM as a corporation, and Mandalay Bay hotel and Casino specifically, becomes transparent if their employment verification standards would allow an illegal alien to find a job as a security guard.”

______________

Not to mention all the hundreds of Muzzees they apparently employ. What percentage of the Mandalay Bay Muzzee population is radicalized? If Campos got through their employment verification standards, Authorities might want to check the Mandalay Bay premises for Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi.

…………………………….
    Jim Murren: Important Facts You Need to Know About the Owner of Mandalay Bay Hotel
    October 4, 2017
    by deplorablekel

James J. Murren, also known as Jim Murren, is Chairman and CEO of MGM Resorts International, which owns Mandalay Bay Hotel.

Murren is currently vice chair of the American Gaming Association and is a member of the board of trustees of Brookings Institution, which is a think tank. He served on the National Infrastructure Advisory Council under Obama.

In an article dated Dec. 2013, it states,

The CEO of MGM Resorts is joining the Obama administration to serve on the National Infrastructure Advisory Council. The White House announced the appointment of James J. Murren to the advisory council in a news release issued this afternoon. Murren has been chairman and chief executive officer of MGM Resorts International since 2008. He has been a member of the board of directors since joining MGM Resorts International in 1998 and president since 1999. Murren is currently vice chair of the American Gaming Association and is a member of the board of trustees of Brookings Institution.

Murren is a Hillary Clinton supporter. His name, including the hotel name, ‘Mandalay Bay’ come up in searches on Wikileaks. John Podesta stayed at the Mandalay Bay Hotel and even had a binder with his agenda left for him to pick up at the hotel. Murrer has met with Podesta and Hillary Clinton.

Murren’s wife, Heather Murren also comes up in a wikileaks search. She has also met with John Podesta.

Heather served as a Congressional appointed commissioner on the Financial Crisis Inquiry Commission in 2009 and the President’s Commission on Enhancing National Cybersecurity in 2016.

According to reports, after Charlottesville, Jim Murren said he will match employees’ donations to Southern Poverty Law Center, NAACP, Anti-defamation League, Human Rights Campaign, Council on American Islamic Relations, Asian Pacific American Advocates and the League of United Latin American Citizens.

The article states,

MGM Resorts International CEO Jim Murren sent a letter to employees Friday that denounced equality-threatening violence and bigotry, and said the casino company would match employees’ donations to a collection of civil rights groups.

In the letter, a copy of which was forwarded to the Las Vegas Review-Journal on Saturday, Murren said the Aug. 12 violence during a white supremacists rally in Charlottesville, Virginia, that led to three deaths, and the Thursday terrorist attack in Barcelona, Spain, that left 13 people dead, could “cause us to feel overcome by hatred and gutted by violence, leaving open questions about our future — as a nation, a global society and even a human race.”

Murren wrote that protecting human dignity, demonstrated by tolerance and respect for all people, is central to the identity of MGM Resorts, which operates 10 Strip hotel-casinos and employs 77,000 people globally.

He wrote that the First Amendment guarantees free speech to all Americans and the Constitution and Civil Rights Act guarantee equality. He added, “While hate mongers and white supremacists have a constitutional right to express their views, we must stand strongly in defiance of violence, bigotry and anything that threatens our precious right to equality. You have my commitment that we will vigorously and zealously continue to reject hate speech and hate-based actions in any form.”

To express this commitment, Murren said, MGM Resorts will match employees’ donations to the Southern Poverty Law Center, NAACP, Anti-defamation League, Human Rights Campaign, Council on American Islamic Relations, Asian Pacific American Advocates and the League of United Latin American Citizens.

I’ve been seeing post on social media asking where the connection is with the NWO. Could this be it?
    …………………………………

See also, for further sources:

28. Steve in Titusville FL says:

David Hickey, president of the Security, Police, and Fire Professionals of America union, which represents Campos, said on Monday it had been four days since he last saw Campos.

Press need to question David Hickey about hiring practices…

29. Tejas Rob says:

Once again, Sundance’s intuition is right. This certainly explains why the MSM is dropping such a huge story. Same way they will hide the illegal being arrested for arson in NorCal.

• FofBW says:

IMO, the MSM is rapidly loosing its control and influence on America.

The constant “Fake News” beating by PT and blogs like CTH are getting the truth out there like never before. Even the Censoring by social media is going to fail, IMO.

• Daniel says:

The Trump campaign of labeling has only begun. First to get him the nomination, then the presidency, then to destroy the media and entertainment industries and ultimately to fix the culture in the USA.

Now who ‘invented’ the tactic of name-calling to promote change? That’s right… the left… the Marxists. Fun when someone else uses their own weapon against them.

30. H.R. says:

That Campos is probably illegally here explains the mumbling, bumbling responses and awkward silences from LVMPD, FBI, and MGM; major increase in liability!

It still doesn’t explain why the sheriff said Paddock intended to escape.
    It still doesn’t explain why two windows were broken out.
    It still doesn’t explain why the maintenance worker was trotted out 1 week plus after the incident.
    It still doesn’t explain why there were 23 guns for one person. 10-12 would take care of jams.
    It still doesn’t explain why the tannerite was in Paddock’s car when he was up in the suite.
    It still doesn’t explain why Paddock was drilling holes in the wall up until the time it was almost too late to start shooting.

But again, it explains the mumbling, bumbling responses and awkward silences from LVMPD, FBI, and MGM.

As to the many other unanswered questions… Squirrel!

• Sentient says:

I’d start with what Paddock was doing for the last few years because you DO NOT make money (much less $5 mil) per year playing video poker. As Ann Coulter said, saying you make money playing video poker is like saying you make money smoking crack.

• AM says:

Considering the amount of confusion at this late date, I have little to no hope of find out the truth anytime soon. If we get the real story, it will be from the group efforts over the Internet and not from official sources. Or rather official sources may at some point be forced to reaction to the citizen investigators/journalists.

• mariner says:

In that case “official sources” will have plenty of time to concoct a story we don’t have information to refute, and that story will tell only as much as we are allowed to know.

• MVW says:

Why would the fire door need to be opened to install a plate? Why wouldn’t Paddock, the smart, detail oriented, planner, know the fire door was alarmed? Why wouldn’t he have tested it ahead of time? And why block it if he planned to escape?

Why even think to try to escape when it was clearly his room?

Why room cameras and no recording of them. What were the cameras for in the room?

And according to Wynn, such a man as Paddock would be making a statement. But there is no statement (trail of bread crumbs, symbol, video, facebook page, or anything) according to the Sheriff and FBI.

I think this is a crock and bull story…

31. James W Crawford says:

The only way this could get worse for Mandalay Bay is if it turns out that Campos was an enabler or extra shooter. This might explain why police and the FBI have not released security video. The managers of Mandalay Bay promptly erased any video that incriminated him.

32. keeler says:

Before Mandalay, Campos worked for one of the large “event staff” services.

If Campos is indeed illegal, the implications for liability and security go way past the Las Vegas tourism industry.

ALL of the high-capacity entertainment venues- pro sports, Broadway, music concerts, festivals, fairs, parades, rallies- may have a major problem if they’re regularly employing illegals.

• Gil says:

Thats right. All these people go through some basic background checks. I see illegals everywhere, but never in a security type of a position, unless they are a club bouncer or something along those lines. This means no background was done.

33. askstoomanyquestions says:

May I pose a contrarian scenario? Suppose he is illegal – and a “hero.” I could see some people using this a “proof” of how these people provide valuable services and we need to give them amnesty so they can come out of the closet.

Btw, I don’t doubt Loomer’s story about the SSN, but I’m curious where one gets access to info like that? I assume it’s one of those services you have to pay for.

• JimmyJack says:

You are right and I think most are agree. If they can prove that he was an illegal and a hero it will bolster their amnesty agenda and we will never hear the end of it.

34. coltlending says:

Looks like Sundance has nailed it again.

My heart aches for the families of those gunned down.

They are being victimized over and over and over again by this clown show of an investigation by the Eff Bee Eye and Las Vegas PD.

There are good people in both organizations. It’s about time they do the right thing and step up.

And the media?

It’s disgusting how the Las Vegas massacar and this inept investigation is glossed over while it’s Harvey Weinstien 24/7. That’s a horrible thing he’s accused of doing, but it pales in comparison to what’s going on in Vegas.

Something really stinks and I think Sundance has pointed out what it is.

• Blacksmith8 says:

How big of a mess would the LV shooting have to be to warrant throwing wine-stain under the bus as cover ala ‘SQUIRREL’?

• mariner says:

I believe the Weinstein story was boiling under the surface before the shooting.

Certainly the media may have used it to get LV off the front page but the media blackout was already doing that anyway.

35. scott467 says:

“This would explain the local and national concerns within the larger political and national security apparatus. Think about how dramatically the national conversation could shift if the FBI and Department of Homeland Security had to admit the security of thousands of people in Las Vegas was compromised by non secure hiring practices.”

_______________

It would violate the ‘narrative’ of the enemy media politically, and it would threaten the income stream of Las Vegas specifically, neither of which can be allowed to happen under any circumstances.

Ergo, they do what they always do, obfuscate, bury the story, lie and stall until the story is overtaken by other events.

These criminals and traitors to our nation can’t be brought down fast enough, the whole filthy lot of them.

If the LVMPD had an ounce of integrity, they would RECUSE themselves from the investigation due to insane conflicts of interest (unless anybody things the billionaires club who owns Las Vegas has no influence over the local constables…).

But the FBI is just as corrupt and rotten to the core with political correctness and Obama agenda holdovers, which explains their complicity with the LVMPD. Same with the hilariously named “Department of Homeland Security”.

The ‘apple’ of our government is rotten with worms from the stem to the core, and they’re all singing from the Hussein hymnal of Leftist political-correctness.

This was the biggest massacre in American history. At least 58 people have died, and over 500 were injured.

If their pagan Leftist religious devotion is so great that they will lie, cover up and deceive even on a matter of this significance, then can there be ANYTHING they would NOT lie about?

Including 9/11/01?

I’ve never been a conspiracy theorist, but if it turns out that Vegas PD and the FBI and Homeland Hilarity are all covering up due to Leftist narrative maintenance and inconvenient truths, then we’re WAY beyond “Houston, we have a problem” territory.

It would be proof positive that we have a wholly rogue and renegade government, operating within the Constitutional government of the United States, with full knowledge and complicity of same.

It is tantamount to acknowledging that there has been a coup, that the government we think we have is not at all the government we actually have, and it would explain just about everything that everyone knows is ‘wrong’ but can’t isolate or put their finger on.

36. TreeperInTraining says:

Lol. Not a laughing matter…I know.

If it does turn out that he was an illegal, it will be icing on the cake to the fact that the suspect in the Sonoma Fires is illegal, too. ICE detainer just issued a few hours ago.

(I still think Campos is a narc for the Feds (undercover agent)…and him being illegal might be the way they got him working for them)

• Molly Pitcher says:

Hiya friend…even though we’re sitting on different sides of the perch (at the moment)… I’d like a proof of life right about now!
      Maybe some pics of him enjoying life on MGM’s dime instead of the Weekend at Bernie’s style pictures at the award night by the union.

• TreeperInTraining says:

Lol. Proof of life. Yes. Hastings comes to mind. .

Different sides of the porch, but the same porch. Lol. I think you and I go back a long time harboring a healthy distrust for the government.

I’ve learned throughout the years that when entertaining Conspiracies, they are likely very simple. So I look to recent history. Garland and Boston come to mind. I am convinced that intricate theories that are almost unbelievable are planted stories to make all conspiracy theorists look like raging loons. Example…Does DC and Hollywood have a pedophilia problem that has been covered up for years? Yes, imho . But I suggest it doesnt reach the lunacy levels of Pizzagate. The off the chart details of pizzagate makes the average person not even want to look at cold hard facts.

I was raised by a man who told me Tuskagee was real before it was “outed”. I will never lose my distrust for the government and I will entertain all possibilities…but I’m trying to look at this coverup in the simplest way possible. Kwim?

• JimmyJack says:

Pizzagate was flooded with disinformation agents to cover up what parts of it are true. This is a real tragedy bc kids are hung up in the middle of that perversion.

Given, Weiner, Hastert and Barney’s Frank’s shenanigans we can’t ignore it in total.

• JimmyJack says:

I have to say, if this had to happen anywhere, liberal Napa Valley is a better place to me than some pecan farms in Georgia. Maybe now some of the leftists will wake up to how damn dangerous it is to have millions of unknown persons living among you. Unassimilated, transient, aggrieved and unknown. It’s a recipe for disaster and Napa is learning that this week.

I’ve said for ages, a lot of these wildfires are actually arsons and should be investigated as such.

37. repsort says:

SD – Brilliant questions: Was Jose Campos in fear of his status being discovered? Did this delay or impede his action on Sunday night October 1st?

Also consider how easy it’d be to “own” any so-called security guard once you’ve uncovered that information.. “You look the other way while I bring in these 10 heavy suit cases or I’ll spill the beans on your status, Mr. Security Guard.”

• DS says:

Upthread there is a link to tweets from this guy Nick Falco who is an amateur invest. reporter. He checked into MB and has shown pictures of the regular elevators and the service elevators — both have security cameras in them. So if the video has not been wiped already, then it is a matter of record whether or not he had any help moving his arsenal.

38. TrueNorthSeeker says:

If he is illegal, watch for the left to use his misdirection and disappearance to further their constant refrain…the reason for sanctuary cities is to allow illegals to not fear reporting crimes to LE. They’ll say he feared the big “evil POTUS” would deport him and so was afraid to cooperate with LE.

39. HolyLoly says:

Living in So Cal, that is the MO of all illegals. They are sneaky and selfish and have NO respect for the rule of law. The claim that they are innocent, good people who just want to come here to provide for their families is a myth. Glorified mafia scum. Campos fits the profile to a T and I think it was sickening how the union immediately tried to brand him a hero.

I don’t think he thinks he’s a hero. He knows more than he wants anyone to know he knows. Hopefully, families of victims will hire professional investigators to get the truth out in spite of the stonewalling by our government.

40. MfM says:

Interesting that he seems to be part of a Union, Campos “has not been heard from since he went to a walk-in health clinic, his union president said.”

So if he’s illegal he slipped through the hiring process and through Union application without being “caught”.

Unfortunately it’s hard to not hire illegals, if you question them too closely you can get a suit against you for profiling. It’s only in situations like armed security that more in depth research on people can be done without getting in trouble for targeting groups. You file all the paperwork and hope for the best.

Many places that have security like this casino have various levels of security. They all wear uniforms, carry around radios and look and act official. The unarmed security maybe 90% of the staff with armed being only 10% or so. That way they can appear to have lots of security, while paying a lot less than having it all be armed. Honestly it’s ‘security theater’.

41. Like

42. Blue Moon says:

Funny, Ancestry has a Jesus Jose Campos born in 1992 in San Bernadino, CA. Isn’t that where an attack occured at?

• TreeperInTraining says:

Please dont do this to me!

Where is Ziggi?

I have been railing on and on about the fact that Enrique (the arms provider of the San Bernardino attacks) looked eerily similar to Campos.

I was just getting over my obsession.

43. scott467 says:

________________

Next, think about how IRRELEVANT that is.

It’s like saying if space aliens invaded earth and took over the world, imagine how that would shift the national conversation on UFOs.

If it HAPPENED, we can’t pretend like it DIDN’T, lol!

For the love of all that is decent and good, the TRUTH MATTERS infinitely more than all the bogus political ideologies of the corrupt and the confused.

You CANNOT run a NATION based on LIES in service to a CORRUPT political ideology.

They are KILLING our country and EVERYONE in it with their suffocating lies and hypocrisy.

Let the SUNSHINE in.

That song was an ANTHEM for their generation.

Now’s their big chance.

MAKE it SO.

Let the disinfectant of SUNLIGHT expose it all.

Burn it ALL down to the ground, so we can begin anew, on a foundation of Truth.

44. Daniel says:

This is a job description for “Security Guard 1” at Mandalay.

Doesn’t say anything about carrying a firearm though carrying money is mentioned. (Nearly implies it unless he would be escorted by someone else who is armed)

I’m just looking into the possibility that a legally employed security guard would be armed. Without calling the hotel directly and asking if that were the case, I don’t know the answer to that question. If the answer is “Yes, they are normally armed” then the company hiring someone who cannot be armed probably cost a LOT of lives and hundreds of injuries and disabilities.

• senda72 says:

Campos must speak and write in English per linked job requirements ~

Required:
      At least 6 months previous customer service experience.
      Maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
      Interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
      Professional appearance and demeanor.
      Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
      Excellent customer service skills.
      High School diploma or equivalent.
      Able to effectively communicate in English, both in oral and written forms.

45. joninmd22 says:

1) That Campos is likely an illegal means the FBI is blatantly covering up evidence regarding the deaths of 54 people and wounding of 500 more to protect the illegals and the corporate organizations that profit from illegal immigration. There is no level to which the powers that be won’t go to to destroy the country.

2) This element of the story distracts us from Paddock and the causes, motives, and execution of the shooting. What does law enforcement know that they aren’t revealing?

• Kroesus says:

out of respect for those affected at least get the numbers correct….last count was 58 dead (plus accused shooter) and 489 wounded

46. Peter says:

Nothing yet indicates to me he isn’t the shooter.

Tell me why I am wrong – with evidence.

Until then, he is the shooter.

47. Apfelcobbler says:

All roads lead back to the forbidden topic: immigration pause.

48. NYGuy54 says:

49. Blue Moon says:

Quintero is his mothers maiden name: This is from Ancestry.com

Jesus Angel Campos….Birth Date: 8 Sep 1992…..Gender: Male,,,,,,,Mother’s Maiden Name: Quintero………..Birth County: Los Angeles

• senda72 says:

So at one point he may be going by his mother’s maiden name, thus not an illegal alien?

• Kroesus says:

you are making MASSIVE assumptions there….no matter what the “birth right citizens” advocates say place of birth does NOT a citizen make….relevant questions are: Were either his father or mother LEGALLY in the country at the time of his birth?

• Daniel says:

A court ruling will have to be made to overturn decades of traditional government processing standards. There may or may not be law supporting any of that, but there is certainly a lot of precedent to overcome.

50. NYGuy54 says:

omg..this is actually a great piece of digging