“No Intent To Prosecute” – Jason Chaffetz Shares Talk With AG Jeff Sessions…

A rather disturbing revelation from former congressman Jason Chaffetz during an interview with Judge Jeanine Pirro.  About half-way through the interview Judge Pirro asks Chaffetz about ongoing examples of DC corruption.

Mr. Chaffetz shares a personal conversation he had with Attorney General Jeff Sessions where the attorney general informed Chaffetz there would be no investigation or prosecution of any prior DC corrupt and illegal behavior from Obama-era administration officials.  According to Chaffetz none of the unlawful activities of former DC officials will be investigated, prosecuted or pursued.

While it’s not necessarily surprising to hear, if true, this is still a very disappointing development.  Washington DC operating above the law only worsens problems. Destabilizing the country with disparate rules for the professional political class increases anxiety and makes cohesion impossible.

This entry was posted in AG Jeff Sessions, Big Stupid Government, Conspiracy ?, Decepticons, Deep State, Dem Hypocrisy, Dept Of Justice, media bias, Notorious Liars, Professional Idiots, propaganda, Uncategorized, White House Coverup. Bookmark the permalink.

570 Responses to “No Intent To Prosecute” – Jason Chaffetz Shares Talk With AG Jeff Sessions…

1. amwick says:

The telling moment in that whole interview was at the 5:00 mark where Chaffetz said that AG Session would not prosecute Bryn Pagliono, that was it.. Nothing further was definitive, just his own speculation. We know this guy Pagliano was given limited immunity back in June of 2016 by the Obama Justice Department. As far as all the other issues, Chaffetz said squat. Judge Jeanine is frustrated, we all are, but in the end.. I think the interview was just another nothing burger. The irony here is it is the AG’s job to keep secrets,, to have big secrets. I am not giving up yet, certainly not based on that 6 minutes. Personally, I think the NeverSessions peeps are jumping the gun..I understand it.. but I am not ready to go there.

• harrietht3 says:

I’m totally with you on this, amwick.
      It makes for great headlines to target AG Sessions as a corruptocrat.
      I’m not buying it.
      Not in the least am I consigning Jeff Sessions to the dung pile that is the malodorous and malignant deep state complex.

But to suggest he’s in with the hate-America, screw law-and-order brigade does make for exciting headlines.

McMaster, on the other hand, and Ivanka and Jared — these I don’t trust worth a brass farthing.

Just so anyone wonders what my “bent” is. 🙂

• I believe a ” truce, deal” whatever you call it has or is in the process of being negotiated .
        The deep state Obamanites have been caught red handed .and I think a trade off has been negotiated, the Dems back off their coup attempt and Obamanites are let go.
        I think the deciding factor will be the Mueller investigation.
        If he backs off , it would be a good indication of this truce.
        It is not the best ending for this saga , but Trump is like anyone ,he has his limits of how much he wants to invest in something that will not pay off.
        If he can end this BS and get back to work to achieve the rest of his agenda , I will not be happy ,but I believe I would understand.
        Sessions ,however needs to GO.

• frank field says:

I have convinced many that Sessions was the crown jewel of senatorial endorsements for Trump. I hope… sincerely hope you’re correct. God knows I want to see Sessions stand strong and

DRAIN IT

• Paul Killinger says:

Sessions’ endorsement very likely had little or no impact on the outcome of the Presidential election, and I say this as a (former?) fan of his. Those voting for Trump in the swing states didn’t know anything about him.

• ray76 says:

I’d like to agree but he’s let Lerner go. That’s unconscionable.

• Sandra-VA says:

I said something similar on previous page. He definitely did not specify that all prosecutions were not happening, only Brian Pagliano.

I agree with your thoughts also.

• amwick says:

And I watched the interview first thing in the morning… I was expecting a bomb shell.. then pfffffffffft… a dud. I was kinda surprised to see it here actually.

• maiingankwe says:

It’s amazing though to see so many jump on the bandwagon and accuse AG Sessions as being a part of the swamp. I’m kinda shocked actually. This is the same with Ivanka and Jared. No proof whatsoever, but according to them, they need to go ASAP. All it takes is a finely worded heading and poof there are a bunch of believers that the people I mentioned are destroying our President. They are even accusing General Kelly of not allowing our President to use his phone or twit account without permission.

I really don’t know where they get this stuff besides their overactive imagination. You know, I think it’s because I spend more time here or you guys have just rubbed off on me. I need to see the evidence before I start screaming. I need to gather everything, look at it and think about it before I would for example accuse AG Sessions of being a member of the swamp or refusing to bring about grand juries on the swampers and their corruption. With Sessions I need to give him time to gather all of the evidence, set up the grand juries before he hauls them off to court. We all should know gathering the evidence takes a great deal of time with all of the paperwork. We all know he is meticulous and would never want to rush something just to get his name in the paper. He’d rather have a tight case so they have no wiggle room is how I see him from his past behavior.

Do I have the same level of confidence in him as I did the day he became our AG? I will be honest, after learning he would not reopen the Lerner case, I have become more hesitant along with his recusal from the Clinton part. I sure as heck haven’t written him off yet though even if I would prefer him letting ICE do their jobs without his name in it. I’m sure he has his reasons though.

It would be nice to see people like Podesta going down before my eyes right now, but realistically it just isn’t going to happen in such a short time frame.

And you’re right Amwick, this one was a dud. Unfortunately, far too many people fell for it. Be well and stay smiling,
          Ma’iingankwe

• maiingankwe says:

I’m not a lawyer by any means, but when I listened to this didn’t he pass the buck on taking Holder down and putting it in AG Sessions lap? What I mean is why didn’t he do anything about the contempt of court on Holder when it happened while he was in office and leading the charge? Shouldn’t Chaffetz have done anything while he was in position to do so?
          Sorry, I don’t like the guy.

• amwick says:

The law is something I don’t understand for the most part.. I don’t feel that I can even have an opinion at times. So much happened before he took over, he may not have been able to do much… IDK…

• USMCLt says:

It. Should. Not. Be. That. Difficult!!! Lawyers intentionally make the law as incomprehensible as possible in order to make themselves indispensable. And that lawyers nowadays certainly seem to be protecting their self defined rights over those of American people at large is no stretch of imagination. Ordinary Americans hold the lawyer class in low esteem and sourly cite Shakespeare’s “kill the lawyers” quote. And yet the lawyer class continues to flaunt the law through brazen obfuscation…all the while making grand pronouncements about our great “democracy”. The lawyer class had better undergo an epiphany soon, or this will not end well.

• keebler AC ovfefe says:

Chaffetz is not the sole determinant of what Sessions is not doing – he is verification along with the evidence we see for ourselves in self-recusing from basically doing his function as AG. There can be no excuse made.

Sessions, if he didn’t already know, ought to have been aware that an AG has to have full power to investigate 100% of all crimes if he wanted. He was a weakened functionary by his own action. This is unacceptable for an AG in one of the most powerful administrations in history. Period. Full stop.

• Hap Hazard says:

Understand the sentiment. I get impatient also. BUT nobody really knows what Sessions is doing. The very nature of the job requires secrecy during investigation phases. Whatever he is doing, I am quite sure that he is NOT simply sitting around. TRUMP HIRED HIM. Let’s not worry too much

• mariner says:

We’re acting like Ann Coulter. She is a smart lady with a loud voice and unafraid to stir the manure pile.

She was one of the earliest supporters of Donald Trump; we’ve all seen the clip of her on the Bill Maher show. She wrote In Trump We Trust, at a time when whipping up support for candidate DJT was important. When she’s firing on all cylinders she’s awesome.

But then–PDJT says or does something that’s not wrong, but may not what she likes or prefers, and suddenly she abandons PDJT and starts making remarks about impeachment.

The Treehouse is swaying the same way. We love America, we love PDJT and would walk through fire to support him.

We loved Jeff Sessions and his support was important, maybe even critical during the campaign, and we cheered as PDJT appointed and Congress confirmed him as Attorney General.

IANAL and I don’t know “legal ethics”, but I suspect recusing himself from the Russia collusion investigation was both legally and ethically correct. Please remember that Sessions’s recusal concerned the single limited matter of Trump campaign collusion with Russians AND NOTHING ELSE.

As someone else noted part of the AG’s job is having and keeping secrets. We need an honest and tenacious AG to drain the swamp properly, and we don’t need or want investigations advertised to the Swamp and the media (but of course I repeat myself). I know nothing at all to indicate AG Sessions is anything other than the fine American we’ve known and loved for decades.

But then–Chaffetz said something to Judge Pirro that we have no way to verify and suddenly the Treehouse rains the forest floor as branch-siiters wet their pants.

I trust Chaffetz as far as I could throw him–zero feet. His actions as a Representative have shown us that he is a UniParty operator. He’s no friend to America’s, he’s no friend of PDJT and we should not consider him a friend of ours.

We should have enough faith, enough confidence in our collective judgment and enough spine to stand with our friends. We should not abandon them because of unverified and possibly untrue statements made by those not our friends.

The Treehouse is better than this.

MAGA!

• amwick says:

We? Huh??? Nope…I is not we…. 🙂 I is waiting more. But I certainly would not be critical of someone, and there are many, who are frustrated. We all have see the bs, we all want justice, and it just seems to be so slllllllllllllllllllllllllllllow. But the reason it is slow is because it has to be thorough,,, it has to stick.

• No, I do not agree that recusing himself was the ethical thing to do….. He did not do anything to be be recused from. Furthermore PTrump has publicly announced that he should have told him of his recusal plans so he could have appointed someone else. That failure right there, my friends, is a breech of ethics……He kept his plans to himself until he got the job, then when he got it, he completely laid down and has not done diddly squat about anything that matters.

If this had happened in the insurance, real estate or estate planning businesses I am familiar with, it would be called self-dealing…..and that is a crime.

• Tegan says:

I believe he got legal counsel and was advised it was the ethical thing to do….and don’t forget, POTUS trump was very much into setting an ethic code at the time since there was so much scrutiny by the MSM and opposition in Congress.

• davecatbone says:

Don’t include me in that “we” please. Plenty pearl Clutchers here but not the majority IMO.

• We do not even have an AG, perhaps the most important job outside the President and Vice President…..Sessions has simply laid down on the job and shows no inclination to get back up……

• WSB says:

I do not know what to say but that Chaffetz has some problems himself…Extortion 17.

• James says:

Don’t trust a thing he says, he’s a Never Trumper, he just wants to make Trump look bad. And what in the hell has he been doing while he was in office? That worthless POS.

• amwick says:

Well, I don’t see it that way… It is sure easy to curse at someone you don’t really know… sad. Unless of course you know him, IRL. I suppose that is possible.

• James says:

Point taken, maybe I was a little over the top in what I called him. But I do not believe what he said was accurate. That may be what he thought he heard, but with all the leaks that have happened I in no way believe Sessions would tell him that.

• jmclever says:

Remembering that the govt is infested with LEFTY LEAKERS is it any surprise that we have heard absolutely nothing in the AG’s doings? Sessions and POTUS know that they are in enemy territory and must operate accordingly.

• amwick says:

Yes, that is a big problem,, we keep hearing things third hand.. some one who heard something…. Maybe he will come out and actually say something directly. There is so much general kvetching going on.. It would be nice to hear from him..

• WSB says:

I think you are correct. Chaffetz has a lot of explaining to do. As I mentioned upthread. Extortion 17.

• JudyW says:

Just curious if anyone knows why Chaffetz is doing media rounds instead of serving in Congress….could it be his new job is spreading disinformation? Perhaps someone will ask him about Seal Team 6.

How can one explain that 30 servicemen, including members of SEAL Team VI, were sent into battle on an old, out-of-date and hellishly slow helicopter and allowed to so easily die at the hands of the Taliban? And, how can it be explained that when many of the victims’ families asked Chairman Chaffetz to conduct a real investigation concerning the causes of the tragedy and who is responsible for it, that the hearing he and his congressional minions eventually held offered no new information. Instead, they refused to allow our clients, Charles Strange, the father of dead NSA cryptologist and support personnel for SEAL Team VI Michael Strange, to testify, as well as prevented the father of National Guardsman Patrick Hamburger, Doug Hamburger, to say his piece.

• James says:

hmmm, very interesting

• maiingankwe says:

Thank you Judy. I did quite a bit of reading on this crash and I was intitially going to respond to the video in declaring there were eyes in the sky and Marquez (spelled wrong?) was a Major when this occurred. She and her copilot had asked more than once to take a shot at the 2-3 people they were watching. They knew without a doubt they were getting ready to take a shot with an RPG at the Chinook. The chinook hoverd in the same spot for a total of 13 minutes, which anyone in the military knows this is unheard of for the obvious reasons.

There is a video out there with Marquez being interviewed. If I can find it again, I will let you know how to find it.

Now I don’t know about the Afghan leader and his dealing with the Taliban, but I know within my heart the obama administration deliberately had our honorable men shot down and killed. Thirty men died that day, all innocent in my mind. Thirty deaths that could have so easily been prevented.

Judy, I don’t know how to send video links, so could you please send this to Judge Jenine? She might think differently about bringing Chaffetz on next time. Thank you again for posting this video. It breaks my heart to see and hear of so many of our great Warriors deliberately taken out and covered up by our own government. I just hope that if they don’t pay for it during their lifetime, they will burn in Hell for all eternity. It is my only consolation.
        Ma’iingankwe

• WeThePeople2016 says:

I agree with you, and I can say that my husband does as well, because we both came to the same conclusion last night. Judge Jeanine put Chaffetz on the spot and called him out as the head of the Committee investigating what they were talking about. He immediately deflected and went into talking about the AG Sessions. However, when later pushed, he started to back pedal on what he said.

Also, he was in charge of the Committee long before Sessions took over as AG. Did Chaffetz go to the Attorney Generals in the previous Administration? I didn’t hear that question nor his answer. He just went after Sessions because he knew the Judge was all fired up.

• All Too Much says:

You nailed it amwick.
      Some professions demand secrets be kept.
      And with investigations, preparing a case for indictment and prosecution, everything is kept secret, unless there’s a Demo operative leaking to the press.

• Judith says:

I agree it’s a bit premature to demand prosecutions. Everyone conveniently forgets that we first need a new MAGA Congress that will approve President Trump’s new federal judges and DOJ appointees.

Our do-nothing republiCON majority has obstructed new appointees, leaving the swamp basically intact. If I were the swamp, I would also be pushing for quickie prosecutions while all my buddies were still there to rescue me.

Congress has also failed to remove corrupt judges who have blocked President Trump’s Constitutional powers. It is up to voters to primary every Republican up for reelection in 2018.

• RG says:

Looks like we can see the corruption in Puerto Rico and Mexico but not in the USA. Corruption in the USA is not talked about but the evidence is right before our eyes. We just still think it is something out of the ordinary when a drug culture has grown before our very eyes, when illegal immigration has grown unchecked for decades, when Congress has failed on numerous occasions to do the work of the people and have become the Uniparty before our own eyes. Our public news media fights over who can pull the wool over the public’s eyes on a daily basis and known communists and socialists run wild over the country side. Let’s face reality…Trump came into the presidency because those who still have a rational mind know he is not part of the corruption. The end.

• First Last says:

So far Sessions’ has amounted to one big “nothing burger”. That can’t be argued. So I would say anyone who wants him fired are entirely justified in their demands.

• well.
      the STATUE OF LIMITATIONS ON ALL THOSE CRIMES ARE CLOSE TO RUNNING OUT.
      so i see this as a NOTHING IS GOING TO HAPPEN, JUST LET THE TIME FRAME RUN OUT.
      remember after Trump was ELECTED, ONE OF THE FIRST THINGS HE SAID WAS HE DIDN’T WANT TO HURT THE CLINTON’S
      AND RIGHT THEN I KNEW NOTHING WILL HAPPEN TO ANY OF THOSE DAMN CRIMINALS AND TRAITORS.
      FOOL ME ONCE SHAME ON YOU, TWICE THEN SHAME ON ME.
      NEVER AGAIN.

• cwf60 says:

Sessions is part of the deep state. Not only is he not investigating illegalities of the Obama administration, the above article indicates his protection of Hillary with the help of SOS Tillerson. Thank you to judicial watch for persevering in search of the truth. It is disturbing to see the power of Hillary and Obama, but they have all the blackmail material ready.

2. wyntre says:

I saw that segment last night and I didn’t post about it then because there was something completely off about both Chaffetz and Jeanne.

I can’t put my finger on it, but Jeanine has never come across as uncomfortable in any setting in which I have seen her. She always owns her rhetoric, her opinions, her words. Somehow she seemed unsure of herself during the Chaffetz segment. I have never seen her like that.

And Chaffetz’s body language was off-the-charts weird.

I still don’t know what to make of it. Not sure I trust Chaffetz about anything.

• Niagara Frontier says:

I think the realization may be setting in that the swamp that everyone once knew and was comfortable with is no longer recognizable, and that things may be spiraling out of control.

Look at all their faces….friend and foe. All you see is pain. You’ve heard of circular firing squads? Imagine one long, never ending spiral firing squad with everyone shooting each other in the face and back. From my chair, I think that’s what I’m witnessing now.

• Howie says:

She knows…She had her arms crossed. She no likee the truth either. Sessions is a Rat FINK. Chaffetz is telling truth.

• mimbler says:

Yes, and people seem to be ignoring the part that is verifiable. Sessions is not enforcing congressional subpoenas. I expected that with Lynch and Holder, but not with Sessions.

I can’t look at all the facts that are indisputable, and come to a conclusion that Sessions is doing his job.

McCabe is still there,
        Sessions praised Mueller for his integrity and fairness,
        DOJ is fighting off FOIA’s from judicial watch
        No signs of DOJ/FBI house cleaning like we saw Tillerson do with State.
        Rosenstein is not constraining Mueller’s fishing expedition.
        PDJT has repeatedly, and publicly complained about Sessions.
        Sessions is not enforcing congressional subpoenas
        Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and more facts may be revealed in the future, but I just don’t understand the Sessions loyalists.

I liked Sessions, and wanted him in this position. But I modify my opinions as necessary when situations change.

• Howie says:

I never liked him. When he first appeared in Alabama with the Trump Rally. He was ‘reluctant’ only put on hat for a second. He is a damn traitorous crook. The shame of Alabama.

• Judith says:

Why is the Uniparty swamp CONgress so quick in sending these subpoenas? Does anybody really think they are eager to prosecute their swamp buddies?

CONgress isn’t so eager to support President Trump’s MAGA initiatives, are they? And they’ve retained all those corrupt federal judges and their DOJ cronies, instead of approving President Trump’s new appointments.

Let’s get a new MAGA congress and get rid of Obola’s corrupt judges and DOJ obstructionists, before we commence with subpoenas, shall we? We want the best chance to successfully prosecute those cases.

• mimbler says:

I think they are secure in virtue signaling with the subpoenas knowing they will not be enforced (I can’t recall one actually being enforced although it has probably happened).

• WeThePeople2016 says:

IMHO, the Judge was acting weird the whole hour. As for Chaffetz, he deflected her question immediately when she asked what HE did when he was in charge of the investigating Committee. You can see how uncomfortable he got and he started immediately talking about Sessions. Notice, he never mentions that he took the information to Lynch or Holder, just Sessions. Then, when pressed further, he started to change his tune on what he said about Sessions and it became wishy washy. The Judge was too busy talking over him to actually HEAR what he said at the end.

• COlibertybelle says:

Not surprising, Wyntre….Chaffetz cannot be trusted. He slinked out of Congress like the dog he is because he knows that the jig is up – he would have been nailed for his coverup efforts eventually. Plus his gig with Fox must be pretty lucrative. What a snake.

• carole says:

wyntre, I’ve seen Judge Jeanine come across just as you describe in last night’s interview. Sometimes it is because she is unprepared with her script/producer in her ear or (one wonders) getting a bit senile? But she has seemed to me one too many times to be delivering some talking points she’s told to deliver and is uncomfortable delivering. Her monologues are often good/hard-hitting;but talk is cheap and I’ve stopped watching her. I don’t think she is always entirely on the up and up. I just don’t. Something very fishy going on there. Dobbs is the only one I still watch.

• WSB says:

I think Chaffetz is still worried about his legal problems…there may be a few.

• RG says:

I have watched Jeanne for several years now. I sometimes think that she is more about show business than about facts. She is a little like Judge Judy but I do believe that Judge Judy always has an honest mind and her heart is strong. Judge Jeanne can sometimes be led down a path that makes me question her sincerity.

3. B Woodward says:

The US Constitution states that the President shall “take care that the laws be faithfully executed.” The US Attorney General is the Chief Executive Officer through whom the President carries out that Constitutional duty.

The AG takes an oath of office: “I, [name], do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God.”

The Attorney General is charged with enforcing federal laws. If Sessions can’t honor the oath to faithfully discharge the duties of the office, he should not be the AG.

**********

“She deleted the emails, she has to go to jail.”
    Donald Trump

4. Howie says:

Great Balls of Fire

5. burnett044 says:

is the Hildabeast worried about doing time..??

6. Lawrence says:

Wait a second. We’re getting upset because of Chaffetz’ hearsay about a conversation he has with Sessions? Sounds like “keep your enemies in the dark.”

7. Jimbrown says:

This makes me ill. There is no rule of law in the bubble. It just encourages more.

Why have they decided this given the Russia investigation?

8. citizen817 says:

9. PDQ says:

but investigating PDJT and his family and friends is open season and of paramount importance to the well being of America and the world at large.

dark and dirty…all of them.
    there is an eternity, folks.

10. brucefdb says:

Huh? Cohesion has been impossible since the 1960’s.

11. Dorothy Marcum says:

How can McConnell REFUSE to entertain confirming a NEW attorney general?
    Who died and made him GOD?
    If Trump wants to fire Sessions he is well within his rights

12. Howie says:

If ya think ya don’t like Sessions now…just wait….he is gonna get much…much…worse.

13. WhistlingPast says:

Right after Chaffetz Judge Jeannine had on the great Mark Steyn.
    The judge explodes, she and he give it both barrels. Don’t miss.

• Howie says:

Do not worry about having The Alabamah Scammah on yer show judge. He is a great big fat SWAMPER. From the git go. A PLANT! Potted kine.

• James says:

Possible, but I wouldn’t go that far. If he is not going after her there may be another reason at play.

Additionally, I saw many people comment that Jeff Sessions wasn’t doing his job because he hadn’t locked Hillary up. And some of those people were saying that in like the FIRST MONTH he was in office.

This may have no relevance at all but I saw something that hit me. Last week the DOJ announced arrests of several coaches and agents and one high up representative of Adidas. Essentially they were funneling money down to get these five star basketball to players to sign with certain college teams and then go on to the pros to be represented by one of these agents. The agents would then stand to make thousands off these players. The case was filed in the southern district of New York. At the press conference last week I bet there were a dozen federal lawyers and investigators standing on stage. This is a really BIG scandal in college basketball but they had been investigating this case since 2015 with wire taps, informants, the whole nine yards. I was just thinking that the lawyers, gypsies, tramps and thieves Hillary would have on her side couldn’t fit into two Greyhound buses. If it took them two years to bring this case I was just thinking it might take just a little longer to bring one against Hillary. And actually, I think the email thing is not as big a deal in comparison to the Clinton Foundation which may be one of the biggest scams in the history of the world. Maybe involving billions of dollars.

14. Binkser1 says:

If true, then Sessions definitely a Swamp creature. These people are above the law. The only way they will be held accountable is through vigilante justice. It’s funny, when the president selected Sessions I thought this would be the one appointment that we wouldn’t have to worry about and was one of the few people Pres. Trump could count on and trust. Boy, was I completely wrong. He’s just there to run interference for his swamp buddies. Disgusting!

• Howie says:

Uh…yes… he is an honorable Swamp Critter.

• Howie says:

Even GFL is gonna give it up. When that happens….Katie Bar the Door.

• WhistlingPast says:

We were all completely wrong.
      He is doing some good things with gangs, but corrupt Demonrats? They are off limits.

• Blue Moon says:

One thing I think we all forget is that Obama and his merry men spent 8 years gathering dirt on every person inside the Washington beltway. Every republican and every democrat has dirt that is being held over their heads including Jeff Sessions. I have never seen so many rats sweat so bad in all my life. Obama and Valjar has them by the gonades and there ain’t a damned thing we can do about it—–except to vote them out at election time. Washington DC is the MAFIA, right in our faces, and we let it happen. Jeff Sessions wants to live for another day. He will NOT go after Hillary or anyone else in the Obama administration. He is scared just like the rest of the snakes. JMO

• James says:

Obviously you can’t know that they are holding dirt over Jeff Session’s head. Now it wouldn’t surprise me if they had been spying on congressmen during Obama’s time in office – certainly with the emphasis on Republicans.

• BillShiloh says:

I believe Sessions is probably being blackmailed. JMO

• James says:

Don’t trust what Chaffetz says. He wants to make Trump look bad, that’s why he is saying this.

15. georgiafl says:

SHOW ME SOME PROOF of all these allegations – that Jeff Sessions is a swamp creature – that he’s stabbing Trump in the back, etc..

16. burnett044 says:

try to remember …

17. Bubba says:

It pains me to say this but it needs to be said. The president is the Chief Law Enforcement Officer of the country. He has the responsibility to faithfully execute the law of the land via the Take Care Clause of the US Constitution.

The President, while having to enforce the law, also possesses wide discretion in deciding how and even when to enforce laws. He also has a range of interpretive discretion in deciding the meaning of laws he must execute. When an appropriation provides discretion, the President can gauge when and how appropriated moneys can be spent most efficiently.

Sessions takes orders from Trump. If swap crimes aren’t being prosecuted, then it’s because Trump doesn’t want them to be prosecuted. Period.

• mimbler says:

I recall the press and congress making it sound illegal for PDJT to speak to Sessions privately, implying it was obstruction of justice.

I suspect PDJT is now very circumspect about ordering Sessions to do anything.

So I generally agree, but have a slightly different take.

If swamp crimes aren’t being prosecuted, then
      a) It is because Sessions is not doing his job, and
      b) PDJT has not ordered him to. I won’t go as far as to say that PDJT doesn’t want them prosecuted. But he has been very ambivalent about the Clintons.

A loyal AG does what is necessary without requiring his boss to suffer media scrutiny because he was forced to order prosecutions.

• trialbytruth says:

I think that would actually be a positive interpretation. I trust Trump with my life, my wife, my daughter and my grand kids. If he doesn’t want the swamp prosecuted then he has a good reason. If he wanted Sessions gone he could slide Acosta or one of the other cabinet lawyers into the role.

More and more it looks like long ball to me.

Chaffez just Quit, WHY???? He has been the face of Independent InFestigative floor mopping,, chaff and counter measures for years. Trust your President Trust he knows good council from bad council and for Gods sake people, trust his Children don’t run his life and more then yours do yours.

• Deb says:

If this is the case, it would be about timing. PDJT would have a reason to delay dropping the hammer, and it would be to further MAGA, but I have no doubt the hammer would eventually drop when the time is right.

• Bubba says:

I agree that Trump has his reasons and I trust Trump. My only point is that it’s not really Sessions’ call whether to pursue these crimes or not.

• Judith says:

Of course it’s about timing! Can’t we just trust President Trump instead of listening to those mealy-mouthed NeverTrumpers over at Breitbart? Does anybody really believe they have our best interests at heart? Do you?

• WSB says:

I believe PT is balancing his three legislative successes prior to prosecutions.

18. scott467 says:

The DOJ has no lawful option except to investigate and prosecute.

These are not petty crimes and misdemeanors of the previous administration and the Clintons, what they have done is Treason and Sedition and that’s only based on what is already public knowledge.

It is a violation of the Oath of Office to allow criminals in the government, criminals who sought to subvert and undermine the legitimacy of the Constitution and the United States of America, to simply skate. It is a violation of truth, and justice, and Law.

Not only would refusing to prosecute invite the exact same kinds of treason by the next administration, but it’s not as if the perpetrators (Clinton, Hussein, Soros, et al) have STOPPED subverting and undermining the lawful government of the United States, they are ACTIVELY involved in ongoing Sedition RIGHT NOW.

They aren’t going to STOP just because it would be nice of them to do so.

Is DJT going to allow the Axis of Evil (Hussein, Clinton & Soros) to continue engaging in Sedition and Treason until they succeed?

Is DJT going to attempt to ignore their increasingly open crimes for the next SEVEN YEARS, allowing them to continue manipulating the system against him until they succeed?

Because that is the net result of refusing to prosecute.

The crimes of these traitors are ONGOING.

19. Howie says:

What would Lynard Skynard do?

20. Deb says:

I don’t trust Chaffetz at all and I absolutely think he would lie about this to help split the base.

That said, he could be telling the truth.

May our Lord Jesus Christ give President Trump the courage and wisdom he needs to know his friends and crush his enemies.

21. jane says:

I always respected Sessions and his stance on illegal immigration…And I remember how hard it was to get him confirmed…
    But now he seems to be way too concerned about not offending his former Senate good- old boy-coharts….geez….this is not going to be easy….

• I truly believe a truce has been or is being negotiated with the Obamanites .I believe Trump knows the deep state can bring him down with their coup .The can create the evidence they need.
      We wil know if Mueller backs off without an indictment or he settles for a low level Scooter Libby style lynching .
      I believe the deep state White Hats infiltrated and exposed the Black Hats shenanigans in Charlottesville ,..there could be some internal a$$ kicking going on.

• James says:

I think you make a very astute and reasonable argument. And as many of us would love to see Hillary in leg irons I think DT has a higher priority. That being the resuscitation of a country brought to its knees over the last 8 years by the intentional and effective efforts of Barak Husein Obama, leading to polarization, racial strife and violence in the streets we have never seen in our lifetime.

22. El Torito says:

I am pro Trump until the end, 200%. But I don’t believe for a minute that Trump’s will is pre-empted by Sessions on this matter. Either Trump is truly not interested in prosecuting anyone, which may be his position in order to mitigate further fracturing of USA, or he’s not letting on what his plans are.

Either way, there is not enough data available to even begin to speculate.

This mosaic is missing too many pieces and each of us are filling in the missing pieces based on ignorance and emotion.

All of us. I dislike not knowing. But when I don’t know the answer, I wait for Sundance to provide more info.

Anything else is chaff.

23. WeThePeople2016 says:

I can say that my husband and I did not trust Chaffetz last night. Judge Jeanine put Chaffetz on the spot and called him out as the head of the Committee investigating what they were talking about. He immediately deflected and went into talking about the AG Sessions. However, when later pushed, he started to back pedal on what he said.

24. CustomsBrokerNAFTA_SME says:

Calm down Treepers. There is no doubt in my mind – POTUS and our AG are joined at the hip and will lay it all out for the world to see. The timing, however, will be of POTUS choosing.

Think not? Read this thread. It sounded a little far-fetched to me at first, until you consider the key dates involved and the actions associated with them.

Keep the faith.

25. Turranos says:

The days ahead are going to be an amazing RIDE!

26. G. Combs says:

Chaffetz is obviously part of the swamp. A member in good stand of Kabuki Thearter-R-US.

Why ever would anyone believe AG Sessions would actually share confidences with this Dude???

Mislead him? Yes, Share confidences? I very much doubt given AG Sessions crackdown on leaks.

Jeff Sessions: Active Leak Probes Tripled Under Donald Trump

As Hap Hazard says:

“…prosecuting criminal cases requires proof beyond a reasonable doubt, and that is MUCH HARDER to offer than a “preponderance of the evidence” (51%)…”
    …………..

I also rather see the big predators caught and everyone down to the minnows in a GRAND SLAM. Remember what is happening now with ANTIFA, BLM, La Raza and Soros Purple Revolution. This could be Sedition which is still against the law despite what the Left would have us believe.

Bye the Bye, What if President Trump has irrefutable PROOF that Obama was NOT an natural born president….. Puts the entire Democrat party (and the Republicans) in a sticky wicket. Now add in the repeated efforts to OVER THROW the Trump presidency by the Democrats from the moment he was elected..

27. YvonneMarie says:

Fake news.
    Jason Chaffetz is a RAT & a lier.
    Believe nothing you hear & only half you see. Period.

• jmclever says:

Everyone who goes on a talk show has an agenda, either their own or the one who is sending them. We have to ask ourselves, what is Chaffetz’ agenda? What is fox’s agenda? Remember who owns Fox. Remember who owns Chaffetz. None of us should believe that Judge Jeanine is secure at Fox News. They will find a way to curb the honorable Judge or get rid of her soon. They just haven’t got the sexual harassment Ace in the Hole like they do with the guys.

28. Thecleaner says:

There is actually very little to be gained politically by pursuing indictments against Obama, Clinton or any of the other stooges. DC is 90% democrat, so no jury will ever return a conviction, then once acquitted, they would batter Trump endlessly with claims of politically based prosecutions, abuse of power blah blah blah..,
    It may actually be better to simply expose it all, force confressional inquiries so it becomes very public and batter the dems with it for the next 10 election cycles.
    There wont be the deserved justice, but no jury in DC will convict any of them…thats the unfortunate reality.

• peace says:

Well then, if that’s the case in America, then perhaps we need to revise the words “with liberty and justice for all” when we say the pledge of allegiance.

• Thecleaner says:

I dont think anybody could realistically think any DC jury would convict their political idols…wont happen. In my opinion its best not to let a jury aquit them. If they are charged and acquitted, they will be deemed innocent. Dont charge them and hang the supposition of guilt arround the entire Democrat party for a generation.
        Im sure Trukp wants nothing more than to arrest them, but he is also smart enough to know the result of a DC trial. He keeps all of his leverage by not charging them…at least not until his second term if there are no statute of limitations issues on time.
        I would just let them all twist in the wind and keep further incriminating themselves.

29. There is a reason Chaffetz chose not to run for Congress again. He was going to run for Orin Hatch’s seat when Hatch said he was going to retire. Trump saw Chaffetz for what he was, a never Trumper, and persuaded Hatch not to retire. Thus denying Chaffetz a chance to run for the Senate.
    Chaffetz is lying to make Jeff Sessions look bad. If a fake news anchor were to ask Sessions to verify Chaffetz’s remarks. Sessions could neither confirm or deny Chaffetz’s remarks.
    Bear in mind, everything Sessions and Trump are doing is being done to keep the Democrats, Clintons, and Obama off balance. Come next spring the trap will be sprung.
    Trump and Sessions are using Mueller to give the Clintons a false sense of security. What Mueller does not realize is that he is building his own gallows.

• James says:

I think you are exactly right. Yeah, he knows it makes Sessions look bad, but who he really wants to make look bad is DT. Because he ain’t happy since he became a Never Trumper and found that a lot of people now consider him a snake.

30. tempo150101 says:

It could mean a few things.

1. It could be subterfuge.

2. It could be Sessions giving a very specific, lawyerly answer. Maybe “he” wasn’t going to pursue these matters, but someone else was.

3. It could be that they don’t want to be the ones to set the precedent of going after past administrations. Remember, Obama had pardon power. Theoretically, he could have pardoned all these people anyway.

4. Maybe these are not big enough crimes to break the precedent and I can see that. Maybe Mueller is investigating the big stuff.

31. thetrain2016 says:

A simple question. Can anyone cite anything about Chaffetz that makes him credible?

32. carole says:

Candidate Donald J. Trump set the tone for his presidency when, one-by-one, he watched as each of the 17 GOPE primary challengers brought enough rope out of their own pockets to hang themselves. I trust President Trump implicitly. The man is a genius.

33. I see what he did here…..no intent to prosecute. Like Hillarys no criminal intent. We know she had every intent maybe Sessions does too. Maybe😉

34. distracted2 says:

Thanks for posting this. I was hoping video would surface.

My thoughts haven’t changed much since last night when this aired. There’s much to be suspicious about. For now, I’m just filing it away for future reference.

I still want to know why he, as the chairman of the oversight committee, resigned in the middle of his term.

35. POP says:

So the Republican installed Mueller and a cohort of Democrat lawyers are trying to nail PTrump and good ‘ol gentleman of the Senate Sessions thinks it best to let Oby’s boys and girls walk.
    Only in America….actually no, it would fit Russian politics perfectly.

The US Oligarchy has immense strength and power

36. omyword says:

I didn’t need a video to convince me of Jeff Sessions stripes. I lived mostly in Mississippi, Louisiana, and Northern Florida most my life, until I moved to the Philippines two years ago. I “had” a lot of hope for Sessions. But when he testified that he would recuse himself from any hillary investigation during his congressional confirmation hearings. Then he threw POTUS and we the people under the bus almost immediately upon swearing in. Subsequent from these is his appointing Rosenstein who hired a “pal” Mueller who is doing the bidding of both obama and hillary. Then there is the refusal to comply with congresses efforts to also look into these issues concerning the clintons. And then there is the fact that Judaical Watch has had to sue the DOJ and the FBI to get the FOIA’s. There is a list of issues here as long as King Kongs arm. The rampant corruption which Sessions DOJ and of Wray now over at the FBI is a clear and present danger not just to the society, but each one here. This isn’t Just about who do you trust, its about, will your family be safe one year from now. This magnitude of corruption is insidious and its not just about money. Its about installing a dictatorial governmental system to control every human being on the planet, including those who are the useful idiots who contribute to their very own demise for the false promise of getting they payola.
    To not pursue the demons of the swamp, is to be complicit with them. This is either protection of known criminals because you just want us all to get along, (which is pure horse hockey), or you are part of the criminal system, or you are the wrong man for the job and you intended to do this, all along. Where does the evidence lead?

37. moe ham head says:

stevie wonder, helen keler and ray charles all saw this coming

38. Maquis says:

If they don’t investigate, how can they discover and interrupt ongoing criminal actions and conspiracies?

Perplexing.