Bad and Getting Worse – NFL Ticket Sales Drop Almost 18%…

Despite the leagues’ head-in-sand denial of Mount Obvious, the NFL’s very bad horrible week is getting worse. The backlash is strong, and individual organizations are trying to lessen the financial losses while simultaneously league officials try to keep up the unity appearance.

Before getting to the stats of ticket sales, check out this video from CNN.  I haven’t watched very-fake-news CNN for a few months other than YouTube snippets; but obviously they are facilitating the anti-Trump aspect to the NFL position.

This exchange between Spike Lee and a Gold Star family is quite remarkable and shows the inherent disconnect.  Just below the initial surface Mr. Lee appears filled with the same race-based rage and hatred expressed by protesting NFL players.

Lee tries to obfuscate the NFL protests by saying the anti-American kneelers are not protesting the flag.  However, Colin Kaepernick, the originator of the protests, specifically said the protests were against the flag and everything the U.S.A. stood for.  The disingenuous Spike Lee claims to the contrary are silly and hollow.

Now to the ticket stats…

WASHINGTON – The National Football League is feeling the impact of the “Trump Effect.”  Ticket sales since he called on team owners to fire players who take a knee to protest the National Anthem have cratered.

The online ticket reseller TickPick told Secrets that sales have dropped 17.9 percent, far more than the usual Week Three fall.

From TickPick:

17.9 percent decrease in NFL orders this week compared to the previous week.
Last year the drop was 10.8 percent in orders on Monday & Tuesday following Week Three games.

“We have seen a massive decrease in NFL ticket purchases this past week in comparison to years past. Week 3 seems to usually have less ticket orders than week 2, but this year ticket purchases are down more than 7 percent from this time last year,” said TickPick’s Jack Slingland. (read more)

My own interest in this is simply from the position of measuring the sense of the electorate and the level of expressed frustration by looking at the outcomes.  (I quit watching the NFL back in 2015 when this nonsense began)

Trying to make this into an NFL -vs- Trump issue is not going to help the football league’s collapsing business model.  There really is no viable exit from the position the NFL has put themselves in.  Short of an honest apology and reaching out to the President, which they are incapable of doing, and against the reality of 60% of Americans disagreeing with the NFL position, their business will remain in an inescapable spiral until they exhaust their own capital reserves.

The virtue-signaling NFL executives are now facing a diminished level of fan support and financial loss that will forever impact the league (and the players therein).  However, it’s the individual team owners, or partnerships, who ultimately will bear the brunt of the financial collapse.

There is no doubt the level of fan support has already been severely impacted.  The only issue is at what point does the quantification of loss stabilize so that financial losses can be measured.  The preliminary data is beginning to show the drops, but the silent majority are where the real determinations will be evidenced.  TV ratings and game attendance.

In the interim, a few teams are trying to have it both ways.  The Denver Broncos now say they will stand for the National Anthem, yet their presser calls for social justice unity.

Stupid is, as stupid does.

This entry was posted in Agitprop, BGI - Black Grievance Industry, Cultural Marxism, media bias, NFL, Political correctness/cultural marxism, President Trump, Professional Idiots, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

759 Responses to Bad and Getting Worse – NFL Ticket Sales Drop Almost 18%…

1. Archie says:

Seriously, here’s a leadership lesson. Don’t let the inmates run the asylum. I have seen this over and over again in the last 40 years. Once you have lost control it is gone forever. The NFL had it right with no exceptions to the uniform and shoe rules. Sorry Cowboys and your police support stickers on the helmet, can’t do it. No exceptions.

Also, as an employee you have to let the management run the company. If you can’t abide by that then find a new job.

2. Evelyn says:

Don’t know if this has been posted by anyone else yet, really worth watching. Over 40 million views in the last 3 days: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEcYDa7r4-I

• BAMAFan says:

147,000. Still a sizable number, but definitely not 40 million.

• Evelyn says:

It had a higher number earlier. Google/youtube is playing games, like they did with the Deplorables Unite video and so many others that aren’t approved by the Party.

• wheatietoo says:

Yeah, Youtube/Google does that…on conservative videos.

They either freeze the counter and not show the ‘views’, or when one accumulates a lot of views in a hurry, unnoticed by their censors…they stomp on the view count when they become aware of it.

It is detestable.
          Google is evil.

• Beverly says:

We need to capture screenshots of these things. [On your keyboard, press Ctrl and PrtScn simultaneously: the Print Screen key is just to the right of the F12 key at the top. That copies what’s on the screen: then open Paint or whatever program you have for pictures, and press Ctrl and V simultaneously (to “paste” the image). Save as a .JPG file and give it a name.] BTW, I learned how to do print-screen or screen captures some years ago, and have used it so many times: a handy trick!

• Pointman says:

It’s YouTube playing games with the hits count on videos they don’t approve of. I referenced a video search there in an article (http://tinyurl.com/y8e6ugne) which originally came up with 183,000 hits. Today, it’s magically dropped back to 27,000.

Pointy

• Karen mundy says:

Beautiful. What a fine young man

• backwoodsgirl123 says:

You might have the wrong channel!

I watched it on another channel.

• VickyD says:

Thank you, Brandon Tatum, for telling it like it is … God bless you, young man! 😇 👏 👍 🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸

• There are many videos like this on YouTube. Could we be seeing the return of the Black Middle Class? That would be a wonderful blessing for the USA. Do you know about “Stacy on the Right?” I love her writing. She’s got a lot of balls in the air – she is a freelancer and they work all the time, if possible.

I heard a Black guy on the radio this morning, probably about 65-70 years old – he said he saw the fall of the BMC in the 1970s. He knew most were going backwards.

3. Archie says:

In the mean time, the coward Limbaugh has taken the NFL issue to the bottom of the pile. Instead, he was spewing nonsense about the tax bill today. His mind is really stuck in 1995.

We had a chance to win a culture war item with a slam dunk on the NFL.

4. SharonKinDC says:

With all the refunds being eagerly given by many clubs, I suspect if they don’t resell tickets, they’ll round up the nearest SEIU types to keep the stadiums looking full… but then there will be the tv ratings, which won’t look good.

5. AmericaFirst says:

I didn’t read all of the prior comments, so forgive me if this has already been stated, but virtually all of Spike Lee’s material manifests race-based rage, this is nothing new for him. Everything for him is about blacks and black entitlement.

6. Totally useless info in my head, do not know why it remains there….but isn’t Aa-wrot Rogue-gers dating/married to SJW libnutz Olivia Munn, Hollyweird actless ….think she is one of the loons that participates in all those puppet videos “for the children” gun control and what ever else their marching orders are for the day/week/cause/year.

7. Harry Lime says:

Texas Tech basketball game 2008 – Star Spangled Banner sung by 2 six year old, 2 seven year old, and 1 eight year old…

More poise and class and patriotism in these little girls than in the entire NFL!

8. Tejas Rob says:

Sorry if this has already been posted but this guy is awesome.

9. thinker says:

lets not forget theNBA and WNBA.they are just as bad as the NFL it not worst. I was born a slave and so was all of my family. I was born in Cuba and when you live in a socialist country you are a slave. It was this beautifull and amazing country that freed my family and I. All this beautiful country asked from us was to follow the law and basicaly be the best we could be and be great citizens. How do you payback the country that freed you? Well it sure as hell isn’t by disrespecting it. I don’t know about anyone else but I am done I will never watch the NFL, NBA, or WNBA again.

• Binkser1 says:

Well said, Thinker. I find that some of our most loyal citizens immigrate legally from another country, especially communist and socialist countries. It must be shocking to you to see so many in this country actually want to turn the US socialist or communist. Of course 99 percent of these morons have never lived under true oppression like you did. God bless you.

• G. Combs says:

Welcome to the USA and welcome to the Tree House. I had the privilege of working with a woman who had a PhD in Math from Havana University.

• Texian says:

I had worked with a diver from Cuba.. He rode a windsurfer across the Florida Straits to escape.. I told him as far as I was concerned anybody who was brave enough to do that – and make it – was alright with me and I as a Texan granted him defacto immunity to stay in Texas..

• eagledriver50 says:

AND don’t forget…those waters between Cuba and Florida Straits are VERY SHARK INFESTED…He has some — Mucho Grande El Brasso Bollos’!!!

• Beverly says:

Hey, Thinker! you make a great American! because you get it!

Socialism = SLAVERY.

• In Az says:

Very glad you escaped Cuba and are a citizen of the United States

I have always hoped that Communism will be overthrown in Cuba. Beautiful island. The people deserve freedom.

I had a doctor who was born and raised in the former Communist Soviet Union. She was dumbfounded over what Obama did and that the Republicans helped Obama. She saw the communism and the Kabuki theatre. She spoke of going back to Russia if things do not improve in America.

10. Binkser1 says:

A full stadium. Pathetic. Well, the cheeseheads couldn’t put away their selfishness for one night and teach these thugs a lesson by making them play in a half empty stadium. Couldn’t put their country 1st for one night, they gotta have their football. Depressing but just have to remember that I can only control what I do. Never again, NFL.

• You can’t control what other people do. Suggestions and leading by example help IMHO which you seem to be doing..

• GetReal says:

In Wisconsin it is God, Packers, Beer, Brats. Not necessarily in that order on game day. The crowd was loudly and patriotically chanting USA…USA…USA before the anthem as the large flag was unfurled. No player took a knee on either team, The fans are winning this war. I don’t understand what the interlocked arms mean but it looks silly and won’t last.

• wheatietoo says:

The ‘interlocked arms’ thing is the same as the kneeling.

No, actually it’s even worse.
        It is forcing others to participate in the protest against America!

When they do that locking-arms thing, they are saying “We are in solidarity with those who think that America is a racist country which allows police brutality.”

The are being sneaky and using another way to engage in doing the same thing as the ‘take a knee’ protest.
        But it’s worse.
        Because they are forcing others to join in.

• Fe says:

I could not agree with you more Wheatie.The interlocking of arms is a total disgrace. It’s like a bunch of bullies hellbent on forcing their unpopular unpatriotic racist political BS down our throats. Like most people, we do not take lightly when thugs spit in our faces.

Excellent post as always! 🇺🇸❤️🇺🇸❤️

• Q&A says:

Radical progressive liberals ideas are always redefined and repackaged when they are rejected. If a term or phrase gets worn out, they just invent another one with the same meaning. Linked arms = Kneeling. They’re synonyms.

Linked arms is a defiant stance. Remember John Lewis and Nancy Pelosi with her giant gavel making their way to the House amongst the Tea Party protesters to vote Yes for the Health Care Bill. They had linked arms.

• Texian says:

Correct.. but they are not forcing them, they are deluding the inferior in our population to shackle their own chains.. Sir Trump’s strategy is even making the commoner commie rat people show themselves..

Fourth Turning..

• G3 says:

Locking arms is no way to show honor to the flag during the National Anthem.
        The misguided NFL and minions are trying to push this very misguided gesture as being something acceptable during a moment of our Nation’s honor.

• CiscoKid says:

Hand over the heart or hand salute for active military and vets.
        Nothing less.

• bentley1blog says:

Locked arms means that we, the fans, are in lock step with the kneelers. If anyone thinks it means anything other than that is fooling themselves. The arm lockers are bending to the “racist” laments of the creeps kneeling. Just sayin’.

• Rex says:

There’s something in the water up there…

• sunnydaze says:

I’m disappointed in the Cheeseheads, too.

I’m hoping that *maybe* they are showing cropped views of the stands to make the crowd appear larger than it is.

I guess we’ll find out tomorrow what the real story is. TV views, too.

• soronme says:

Green Bay will be the last hold out. Those people will bitterly cling to the Packers until there is no NFL left.

• MTeresa says:

Some people are just so angry that they can’t “enjoy” the game anymore and but the full blame on POTUS. It’s his fault that because he called out Kapernick that this controversy began. It’s his (DJT’s) fault that all this attention has caused folks to feel badly toward the NFL and it’s him (DJT) who inserted politics into football and made this little “problem” get bigger. Gee – pass me my beer and leave me alone.

Pathetic is right Binkser1. Selfish and depressing.

I swear, I feel like I live in an alternate universe sometimes. Get. Me. Out. Of. CA.

11. Gov Jay says:

Now… President Trump needs to say (or tweet) that there is only one type of justice in America… legal justice…

12. Deplorable_Vespucciland says:

NFL bosses are telling us to accept their hate-America antics.
    Fake news media joins in with all-hold-hands propaganda.
    We say, “Thanks for the invite, but no thanks.”

(Rated PG-13 for rough language)

13. CiscoKid says:

I see that as NFL tickets fall, the race card seems to be doing a booming business.

14. Trish in Southern Illinois says:

Ok denver Broncos….you’re kneeling/locking arms for social justice.

Social justice = communist nonsense

So it’s for communist nonsense…idiots!

15. I may catch flak from some of you ( if you’re PETA inclined) but
    I stopped watching pro ball years ago and started watching horse racing instead. Thru fun years of following this sport, I’ve found that the thoroughbred is bred to run, extremely competitive, amazingly athletic, they train well, generally are well cared and even pampered…and now due to recent events…I don’t have to worry about them taking a knee or linking hooves!

• Beverly says:

Brilliant idea!

PETA can go pound sand. Secretariat, for one, LOVED to run: This is the race that had golf legend Jack Nicklaus, who was watching it at home alone, on his knees in tears at the sheer glory of it.

Coming from the back of the pack, and the only horse in history to go Faster each furlong. [Remind you of anyone?]

• Beverly says:

This video always brings tears to my eyes. Such greatness. And my heart breaks for Sham, who fought valiantly, and whose races would have made him the Triple Crown Winner, in any other year. His heart broke on the back stretch in this race.

In any other year.

16. The Popcorn Tape says:

I’ve been a fan of the NBA’s Houston Rockets since 1993. This will be my 25th season.
    But if EVEN ONE of the players, coaches, owner, or otherwise employees of the Houston Rockets organization kneel for the Star-Spangled Banner, I am quitting watching the NBA until the people responsible are dealt with.
    I don’t care if it’s James Harden or the 13th guy on the bench. If you go “screw the country” in any form or fashion during the national anthem, or try to be a smart-ass about it like the Dallas Cowboys did, I’m done. Period. End of story.
    This is not negotiable. I will not move from this stance.

I love the sport of basketball, and I always will.
    But some things are more important than athletic competition.

The flag does not fly because the wind blows it.
    The flag flies with the last breath of every American soldier who DIED DEFENDING IT.

• Texian says:

I concur.. I was around for the Rudy Tomjanovich “Back to Back” Championships. A great time for Houston. But the NBA today has already been a lost cause for awhile.. only token whites are allowed. Oppression of the white race is a way for Liberals to feel better about themselves..

The San Antonio Spurs coach could hardly wait to show his hatred against whites – he has gone “all in”.. a red Cultural Maoist through and through..

17. Sandy says:

Need much, much more of a decline. Stick together people. You can live without watching a bunch of overpaid, disrespectful thugs throwing a ball.

18. Beverly says:

A friend of mine, a black woman, worked for Spike Lee many years ago. One day I asked her point-blank, “Does Spike Lee hate us white folks?”

We were good enough friends that she was honest with me: she laughed out loud [interesting, that, imagine the reverse situation!] and said, “Oh, God, yes! and he NEVER even hires any whites if he can help it.”

So, let’s say I went to work for a white racist director. And she asked me if he hated black folks. And in response, I laughed freely and said, “Oh, God, yes! and he NEVER even hires any blacks if he can help it!”

So amusing, these people.

19. TONYA PARNELL says:

DALE EARNHARDT JR BUCKS NASCAR TWEETS SUPPORT FOR PLAYERS RIGHT TO KNEEL IN PROTEST

• Beverly says:

His daddy, the Terminator, would have smacked him into the middle of next week if he were alive.
      /spit

• TwoLaine says:

He’s just showing his ignorance. Jr. has been inhaling too many fumes for too long, and not getting a good and proper education. He probably just killed his personal saleability after he retires from the sport of NASCAR this year. Oh wait, never mind, his new 2018 Boss, NBC, told him this is how WE respond. SUCKER.

Dale Earnhardt Jr. joins NBC team for 2018 NASCAR broadcasts
      by Bob Pockrass, NASCAR
      24 Jul 2017

BTW, his Daddy was not a very pleasant man. I did several fundraisers with him, and once, sat next to him while he signed autographs for about an hour. I was warned in advance about his temperament. They weren’t wrong. He didn’t seem to like people much.

• bentley1blog says:

just heard on the radio that Dru Breese and his team will be kneeling and standing when they play over the pond this week. Hard to believe this has happened. Someone knows where the bodies are buried I am beginning to think.

20. TwoLaine says:

Just saw this on the tubes on a t-shirt in Green Bay. LOVE it!

I HATE that the GB fans went to the game last and didn’t leave when the team didn’t FOLLOW THE NFL RULES regarding the anthem. Linking arms is a violation of the NFL handbook. At least the vast majority of them ignored the b.s. “unity” request from the team QB.

I forgot that the GB fans are also true owners of their team, so I am giving them an out. As owners they should be there to make sure the rules are followed. They weren’t, so I suggest they begin their protest BIGLY today. Otherwise this CRAP will continue and GB Packers will continue to break the NFL rules and disrespect the flag, the same as they did last night by refusing to honor it in compliance with their NFL handbook.

21. Pointman says:

Shock Report: NFL’s Oakland Raiders Threw Game After White QB Refused To Kneel For National Anthem.

If this report is true, it’s all over for the NFL.

Pointman

22. TwoLaine says:

Spike Lee, SPIT!

The Dims only support Muslim Gold Star families.

23. TwoLaine says:

Has anyone tackled Comcast about dropping all the ESPN & NFL sports packages from their bundles, and giving a discount?

24. TwoLaine says:

“I kneel for the Lord, I stand for the flag.”
    As heard on Fox & Friends

25. mcfyre2012 says:

It’s 2017, not 1968, and we just had eight years with a black president…and a black Attorney General.

Spike Lee is a race-huckster. Booker T. Washington called these clowns out a long time ago.

“There is another class of coloured people who make a business of keeping the troubles, the wrongs, and the hardships of the Negro race before the public. Having learned that they are able to make a living out of their troubles, they have grown into the settled habit of advertising their wrongs — partly because they want sympathy and partly because it pays. Some of these people do not want the Negro to lose his grievances, because they do not want to lose their jobs.”
    ― Booker T. Washington

• AmericaFirst says:

Interestingly, both of the two black people to whom you referred, as well as the other black AG, fall directly into the class of people well described by Booker T. Washington.

26. Marianne says:

Respecting our country that’s all that’s expected. Why is that so hard to understand.

27. John says:

Stub hub has NFL tickets at 10% off… you can’t make this up.

28. Jason says:

I LOVE that they are now attempting to call these displays for SOCIAL JUSTICE and unity. Cause the people who are wondering why in hades this crap is being force-fed to them can now associate this idiotic rabble rousing with all of the other ‘social justice’ causes and realize they are all of the same ilk.

Red pilling millions, well done lefties… well done

29. Robert W. says:

Brandon Tatum played for Oklahoma State University. Middle America, common sense, real good guy. Great youtube video, Evelyn. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEcYDa7r4-I

30. Anyone have any Intel on this? Shades of the 1919 “Black Socks” Oakland Raiders “throw” game because “white QB won’t kneel.

31. All American Snowflake says:

Spike Lee’s lies make me want to puke. What kind of sick people would applaud his evil / stupid comments?

32. TwoLaine says:

I have asked Bob Massi, the Property Man, to take a look at some of the stadium leases and let the taxpayers know what, if any, rights we have to shut this down in these stadiums we are paying for. They are clearly sabotaging their ability to pay off these big debts they saddled us with.

Are their leases simply to play an NFL game of sport, or do they allow them to hold political rallies as well?

I have a novel idea. These “guys” have tons of money to blow. Buy a damn commercial if you want to get a message out.