President Trump Announces Tax Reform Outline (Full Speech Video)…

President Donald Trump traveled to Indiana to unveil the ‘middle class miracle’, a comprehensive tax reform proposal with three brackets, zero tax on couples’ first $24,000 and a massive corporate rate slash. ‘The largest tax cut in American History.’

WHITE HOUSE – An America First Tax RELIEF PLAN: President Donald J. Trump, the House of Representatives Ways and Means Committee, and the Senate Finance Committee are proposing vital tax relief to strengthen the middle class, grow the economy, and unleash America’s economic comeback.

We are calling for a dramatic tax cut, which includes:

• A larger zero tax bracket;
  • Lower tax rates for individuals, providing relief to Middle Class American families;
  • Lower small business tax rates, giving a boost to millions of American businesses and farms; and
  • Lower corporate tax rates, making American business more competitive.

Tax cuts, like those in President Trump’s unified framework, boost economic growth.

• Since Vice President Pence’s 2013 tax cuts, as Governor of Indiana, unemployment in Indiana has been cut in half and more than 200,000 jobs have been created.
  • President Reagan’s 1986 corporate income tax cut contributed 3.3 percent to economic growth over ten years, according to the Tax Foundation.

A TAX CUT For WORKING AMERICANS: We are laying out a tax-relief framework that will unburden America’s Middle Class.

• Double the standard deduction so that more income is taxed at zero percent.

The first $12,000 of income for an individual and $24,000 for a married couple will be tax-free.

• Consolidate the seven existing tax brackets for taxable income to only three brackets: 12 percent, 25 percent, and 35 percent.
  • Increase and expand the Child Tax Credit to benefit more middle-income families and eliminate the marriage penalty.
  • Create a new $500 tax credit for those caring for an adult dependent or elderly loved one.

Simplify the tax code: We will simplify tax filing so Americans can file their returns on a single sheet of paper.

• The vast majority of Americans will be able to file their taxes on a single sheet of paper.

American individuals and businesses spend more than 6 billion hours complying with the tax code, according to the National Taxpayer Advocate.

• The plan repeals the Alternative Minimum Tax, which requires many taxpayers to do their taxes twice.
  • The plan ends the job killing “Death Tax.”

Lower The Crushing Business Tax Rates: We will cut tax rates for American business and make American business competitive again.

• The plan will reduce the corporate tax rate to 20 percent.

The United States corporate income tax rate is the highest in the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD), and has been above the OECD average for almost 20 years.

The United States corporate income tax rate is more than 10 points higher than China’s, according to the Congressional Budget Office (CBO).

• The plan will also reduce the top tax rate paid by sole proprietors, S corporations, and partnerships to 25 percent.
  • For the next five years, American businesses will be able to immediately write off the cost of their equipment and other capital investments.
  • Economists agree that America’s corporate tax rate harms America’s workers by keeping their wages down.

More than 70 percent of the corporate tax burden falls on American workers, according the CBO.

Bring Wealth Back: We are proposing an “American Model” that will bring back trillions of dollars held overseas and restore America’s competitive edge.

• Profits that have accumulated offshore will be subject to a one-time low tax rate, thereby ending the tax incentive to keep those profits offshore.
  • To avoid paying high U.S. corporate taxes on foreign profits, American companies have often reinvested their money abroad instead of repatriating it to U.S. shores.

Companies hold an estimated $2.8 trillion in earnings offshore, according to Audit Analytics.

• This plan will stop the “Offshoring Model,” which penalizes companies for incorporating in the United States.

This entry was posted in Decepticons, Deep State, Dem Hypocrisy, Donald Trump, Legislation, media bias, President Trump, Press Secretary - Trump, Taxes, Tea Party, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

171 Responses to President Trump Announces Tax Reform Outline (Full Speech Video)…

1. sundance says:

• WeThePeople2016 says:

The little dweeb reporter who comes on every hour on FBN, Blakeman, mentioned this and then said, well we always hear that Trump likes to negotiate, but yet, he won’t negotiate on the 20% corporate tax rate. I then yelled at the TV and said he already did negotiate because he started at 15% and was saying 15% for months. Mr. Blakeman left that minor detail out.

• tax2much says:

I am always in favor of lower taxes, but after the past week I think I am in favor of a massive tax increase on high incomes that will especially penalize elite leftists like entertainers, rappers, and professional “athletes”. Let them feel the Hillary burn of taxes which she promised.

I’m sure whatever the corrupt cronies in Congress come up with will be a big “yawn” for the rest of us anyway.

2. the WHOLE DAMN TAX CODE NEEDS THROWN AWAY AND THE IRS BANNED.

3. Eric Kennedy says:

Pisses me off the #TrumpTaxScam is trending on twitter. These idealogical morons are so corrupt that they will oppose those things that will benefit them and the entire country.

4. indiamaria2of u020 says:

Nice. I just contacted Kay Granger, John “Ex-Democrat” Cornyn, and ToxicTed expressing my trust that they will get Trump’s Plan into LAW. … This promises the first of 573 reminders to their offices just by me alone.

5. Charles Martel "The Deplorable." says:

Sundance this is a terrible tax plan. It’s a tax increase that basically caps our wages and gives the big globalists everything they want. Tell me why as a higher end W2 wage earner that I’m unable to retire because I can’t afford it but now I get to pay higher taxes so that globalists businesses and government workers get endless breaks?

• David says:

rubbish no it doesn’t

• Alligator Gar says:

I am a single head of household. I earn twice the average household wage. No mortgage deduct will insure that I pay more. SOB’s.

• Tom says:

I am also a single head of household and I haven’t had a mortgage for 20 years. Nor have I had dependents for 17 years. So I have no deductions now except state/local taxes and the doubling of the exemptions will not handle all of that. But I don’t care if I can file on one sheet of paper and don’t have to deal with the IRS.

6. Roger says:

I keep reading that this plan screws over middle class people. Can someone please explain how Trump’s plan benefits someone like me? I am married with two kids (one in day care), have a mortgage and exorbitant student loans. My wife and I earn about $130k / year.

• MRM says:

Well, for one thing, your first $24k ($12k each) will be tax free.

• Gadsden says:

Depends on the details of your personal situation. If you itemize, live in a state with high taxes and have a large mortgage, this plan may not be better.

• sam says:

Well it depend on what bracket you fall on cause there are very little details right now. Also what deduction are closed off.

Right now we know that the bracket are 12%, 25%, 35% and deductions are eliminated except for mortgage, charity, retirement. I know there’s more to deductions because you can deduct elderly care but it was not mention in the list.

So we just have to wait and see…..

• mimbler says:

As of this point, no one can tell you if you benefit or not. They have not set the income limits for the different tax brackets, so at this point it is a pig in a poke.

So we can support the 20 percent corporate rate (if you like that), and the off shore repatriation, but how it affects the middle class is totally unknown with this framework.

• bobsunshine says:

Key point on elimination of State Income Taxes. Remember, this was out for some time then recently brought back several years ago. Also, a majority of those affected live in “blue” states. Don’t know if Sales Tax deduction is eliminated. Just saying !!

• David Berger says:

I am middle class, live in a blue city in a red state. This plan will likely hurt my family. We only itemize mortgage interest, state income taxes, and property taxes. The loss of the latter two items will means that we will have to take the new standardized deduction, but that is less than our current itemized deduction. What is really needed is real reform, such as a flat tax.

• sam says:

You are safe, what we know now is mortgage interest deduction, charity, and retirement is kept. Plus increase in child tax credit and double standard deductions. You have a family so i’m guessing you are married, you will save a lot of money.

The big questions is the income limit for each bracket.

• mdaush says:

Exorbitant student loans?

7. n1ghtcr4wler says:

I am waiting for all the Hollyweirdos fleeing Commiefornia when they can’t deduct their ridiculous high state taxes anymore hahahahaha

8. freddy says:

I won’t waste my time either considering what has been presented as a tax package nor watch it’s progress during the Kabuki program the GOP has set up fool all of us and end in nothing. As long as Ryan and McConnel are the leaders if anything helps Trump it will never become law. They are the saboteurs and it’s a waste to even discuss it like healthcare wasting hours of talk about something never meant to pass. Do you really think McConnel will pass anything for Trump….Boring I’d almost rather watch football……

• stats guy says:

the best thing that could come out of this would be a leveling of the corporate rate, eliminating the loopholes that corporations have gotten by bribing the pols.

That is not likely to happen….pols tent to stay bought when the deep pockets come knocking

• Dennis Leonard says:

A lot of writing there Freddy,just to promote football.

9. Dorothy Marcum says:

After all this time would you not think the plan could be more detailed??? I don’t know if it is a benefit for me or mine or not

10. Wayne says:

The real details of the Tax Reform Plan are yet to be hashed out. Let’s no pre-judge either way before we really know what the full details are. And, that will not happen for some time since the negotiations haven’t really begun. It’s got to get BIG UGLY before we know the end game.

11. filia.aurea says:

Great speech from POTUS. The Uniparty doesn’t have the smarts to screw with the President on this issue. It should be clear by now that we stand with #MAGA. He will not be deterred, and neither will we. Put Trump’s plan into action, you’ve nothing to lose – make your last term a good one. Nothing short of his stated vision for tax reform will do.

12. Lucille says:

Recommended by the White House West Wing Reads…

Andrew Doehrel: Restore prosperity with reform of tax code
    Updated Sep 27, 2017 at 6:12 AM

13. Pam says:

• Risa says:

We “invested” in our children by having a stay-at-home mother. I agree women who work should be able to have reasonable deductions for child care but am put off by the concept that it is nationally the “most important investment”. Too many women have to work to help their family make ends meet but I wonder if we haven’t been conned. Part of what has allowed employers to pay employees less is the fact there are more two breadwinner families now.

• Risa says:

Sorry, I would delete that comment if I could.

• Snow White says:

Why would you delete the comment? You were spot on with what you said.

• Risa says:

Because after I posted it, it occurred to me that another woman might read it and feel I was being critical of her. So many women have ended up having to work, out of necessity not choice, and the last thing they need is feeling judged by someone they don’t even know. I didn’t want that to happen.

• yucki says:

Just right, I agree.

• backwoodsgirl123 says:

Nothing wrong with your comment!

• Guyver1 says:

No need to delete it, it is the truth.
          ‘Feminism’ has been a tool that the elites used to push women into the workplace while at the same time cutting down on wage increases and raising income taxes, which made it almost impossible for single earner families to continue to exist.
          From the point of view of the elites, the end goal of ‘Feminism’ was to get two workers for the price of one. Slavery.
          I remember my Dad being proud that he could support our family with just his salary.
          He was happy, and so was our family. It was great.
          Then all the changes started, and ‘Feminism’ became weaponized.
          And the time came when my Dad’s salary was not enough, and Mom had to go to work.
          And everything went downhill from there.
          That is why ‘progressives’ want us all older people to die asap, and why they have brainwashed the young into believing that our opinions are worthless and we know nothing…
          Because the exact opposite is the truth- we have seen, lived, and experienced everything.
          Therefore, we can see right through the leftist’s BS. And they fear we could lead the young into the light of knowledge… because that light would destroy leftists and their New World Order overlords.

• Judith says:

You are so right. Kids should know this is not how it used to be. I wonder why Risa wanted to remove her comment? Puzzling.

Another problem with women entering the workforce en masse, besides driving down wages, is that mommy isn’t home to influence her children’s upbringing anymore. Children lose the benefit of two parent households, and nobody is home to instill values and social mores and cook meals and nurture the family.

Geez Louise, they’re trying to register women in the selective service now. Send “mom” to boot camp? Talk about genocide! It’s bad enough they invent wars to cull the men of fighting age.

After the “cool” leftists took over, those who aren’t killed in the womb for convenience are immediately “detached,” both physically and emotionally, from their parents, to be raised by lefties like feral cats.

• Guyver1 says:

That was also part of the plan…
              When you force both parents to work, you get the kids out of their parent’s hands when it comes to their education…
              Let ‘the government’ step into the void… the ‘education’ establishment run by liberal moonbats.
              That is how we ended up with BLM, Antifa, the ‘knee’ takers, and other assorted America haters.
              It was all part of the leftist’s plan.
              If you ever have a chance, watch the Yury Bezmenov interview with the Canadian Broadcasting System, it is available on youtube.
              It will send a chill down your spine.
              He was a Russian KGB agent who defected in the 1970’s, and warned us about the plan and what was coming.
              Unfortunately the warning fell mostly on deaf ears.
              What he predicted has come to pass, step by step.
              The election of Ronald Reagan set the plan back decades, but then it re started.
              President Trump is our very last chance to stop it.
              Timing is crucial. If we stop them now, the whole thing collapses, and they know it.
              Exposure at this stage of the plan would destroy them. This is it.
              That is why they are throwing everything they have at our Lion…

• TreeClimber says:

I have planned my whole life to be a stay-at-home mom when/if I had children. Now, I’m almost six months pregnant, and thanks to Affirmative Action, I have a (part-time) job, and my (white male 30-odd-year-old) husband is, despite almost fifteen years’ experience in IT repair/maintenance/building, unable to find a job. Plenty out there, but he’s always knocked to the bottom of the potential-hire list, due to ethnicity/age/gender. Yes, we’ve been conned, because if we’re going to have diapers to put on our son I have to give up all my plans of breastfeeding and staying home to take care of our child to maintain my $13 an hour job. I hate that our baby will not get to know his mother, because of his parents’ inability to fight the system enough for her to actually do her God-given job and take care of him. Yes, yes, a thousand times yes, we have been conned, and it’s an on-going issue because no woman in the workforce is willing to give up her job to a man. They say there are ones out there, but I have yet to meet a single one. (Besides myself, but on the other hand I sell jewelry so… I’m in one of the few pretty much women-exclusive jobs. And if my husband could get a job, I would turn in my two weeks’ notice tomorrow.)

• Risa says:

Situations like yours is why I regretted posting that comment. I apologize. Something is wrong with our culture and I am not sure how we fix it, but my frustrated comment didn’t help.

• TreeClimber says:

Actually, it helped me feel somewhat better to see that someone else shared my values – that I still hold, even if I’m unable to *up*hold them at this time. Maybe not every woman should leave the work force, but if women would stop b****ing about every tiny thing that they see as “unfair,” – or even just leave the jobs that men can do better, to men! – it would go a long way towards fixing itself. Trying to handle a household and a career has been proven (or so I’ve read) to increase stress, heart failure, stroke, aneurysms… the list goes on. But God forbid any woman “gives up her right to work” to take care of the home… and at this point, say what you will, popular culture sees any woman who actually *wants* that as backward and submitting to a misogynistic system. I’ve run into exactly that attitude far too much – and an actual acceptance of such wishes almost not at all – to be convinced otherwise.

But, I find it very unlikely that many women will leave the workforce and the jobs better done by men anytime soon. And as long as we’re stuck with AA, nothing will get better. The fact that I feel *more* oppressed by a culture forcing me to work a job I never wanted, than if I were able to stay at home and cook (which I enjoy) and get the laundry done in a reasonable manner, is culturally irrelevant.

• moe2004 says:

I have been very fortunate to have taken care of my babies, in fact it is what I am most proud of in my life. My son has epilepsy which certainly was a roller coaster for many years of his young life. Went back to work part time, still at it. Taking care of everything and running the house is more than a full time job is you ask me.
              Worked with a woman who was the office manager at a law firm with three kids under 8, she was married. Never will forget the day she put her head down on the desk and said “If this is the American Dream, when am I going to wake up?” Never forgot that or will.

• Risa says:

The last thing I would ever want to do is make another woman feel bad about the choices she is forced to make by her circumstances. I agree affirmative action has been a double edged sword for both men and women. Too many women have been indoctrinated to believe they need to succeed in the work world to be of value, and this has to have displaced many male workers. Add to that employers afraid of discrimination lawsuits. It’s a mess and I don’t know what the answer is.

You do what you need to do for your family, and we will pray the improving economy allows you to make the choice your heart wants. In the meantime, blessings on you and your baby. Trust me, years from now no one will remember if a few dishes are in the sink or the laundry doesn’t get folded immediately!

• You and your husband both sound like intelligent, caring, loving people. May I respectfully suggest that BOTH of you consider self-employment? My DH, (an IT guy to start, then moved up to maintenance of industrial machinery) and I did that and we began to look at “jobs” as slavery! Consider the freedom you have as a self-employed person!

DH and I used spare bedrooms for our business activities. We altered our schedules so that at least one parent was home whenever any of our three children was home. You wouldn’t believe how low our expenses were.

And the freedom! DH threw out more than one customer who refused to pay his bill, “and don’t come back again,” or who showed signs of being a moonbat or liberal. Freedom for me was the ability to show up the politicians I was covering for the ignorant people they were – all truth, too! No Fake News!

• TreeClimber says:

We’ve both tried, at various times in our life. Believe me, we’re both dying to be our own bosses. Unfortunately, all of our attempts have failed – we haven’t given entirely up, but circumstances forbid any more attempts at the current time.

• WSB says:

No, comments like these make us think and hash out the issue.

PT keeps reminding us that wages are way down. If we can get wages up to what htey used to be, a family could afford for one parent to stay at home, or two alternating time to split the child rearing.

What good is a second job in the family when you are eaking out money for childcare, and not much more to show for it?

• TreeClimber says:

Do you know, even, what childcare costs? It’s thousands more than I even realized. It’s less expensive, “bigly,” to have one parent home at all times! The problem is, despite my husband currently being, well, stay-at-home, he’s going stir-crazy from a), having no productive way to occupy himself, b), watching me dangerously exhaust myself every week because we can’t afford for me to cut my hours again, c), isn’t noticeably equipped to breastfeed, and d), takes very seriously his responsibility to provide for me and our son. So while, technically, he could be a “stay-at-home dad,” all three of us would be happier and more comfortable if I were the one staying home. And therein lies my greatest grievance.

My father – for lack of a better convenient term – disposed of my mother and myself and my sister when I was four. My mother fought, tooth and nail, against everyone she knew (and came into contact with) to not go out and get a job. Instead we lived on $664 child support and $400 SNAP per month, and she used that money to provide cooked healthy meals, clothes, schoolbooks and schooling (we were homeschooled,) and toys. I don’t even know what she went without, in those early years, to make sure my sister and I were happy and healthy and had presents under the tree on Christmas and a cake and ice cream on our birthdays. I know when I turned fifteen and my “father” ditched on the child support, (after having been in a low-income apartment complex for three years, which was a learning experience all to itself,) I had to grow up very quickly and learn about finances. By that time, my mother’s medical issues prevented her from even getting a job, and things were very difficult for awhile, but she never, never gave up on doing her best for my younger sister and myself.

I never want my son to have to experience the grind of only two small meals a day, unable to do laundry, not even asking for what he really wants because he knows we can’t afford it. But on the other hand, I don’t want him growing up thinking “Mommy loves her job more than she loves me. I don’t care about things, I just want her to read me a bedtime story.” (And I will say, growing up without, you don’t care about “things!”)

That is the issue facing me and mine now. And I just… don’t know what to do about it.

• WSB says:

Well, your mother sounds like a WonderWoman! And yes, childcare math does not add up. I have seen so many people get into a trap like this.

My mother was able to stay at home with us for the first 10 years and when my brother turned 13, he was responsible for me after school, as she went back to work. But everyone’s situation is very difficult. I wish you all the best! The hest thing I remember is my mother being there when I was very little, around three to six years. I would not trade that for anything!

• Risa says:

All you can do is your best under the circumstances you are dealing with, just as your mother did. She sounds like a remarkable woman, who has raised a wonderful person with solid values. I know it doesn’t help, but you are far from being the only woman facing this problem. My daughter has a friend in almost the identical situation. I believe her husband is retraining for a different career, one they are hoping will have better employment opportunities. Although I’m not sure of the details, I do know he is taking care of the children while she works, which is not uncommon these days.

Most importantly, you certainly don’t sound like someone whose child will feel unloved or unvalued. If successfully raising children required perfect circumstances, very few children would get raised! I think this last presidential election was in large part the result of dissatisfaction with a broken economy. Hopefully we can get it turned in a better direction, so families like yours aren’t faced with these hard decisions.

• trialbytruth says:

Risa this is the kinder gentler treehouse most of us don’t fly off the handle please.keep posting. Everyone feels frustration at having to balance work and family It is never easy and often unfair.

• backwoodsgirl123 says:

Risa, I’m in my mid 50’s.

When I was in 10th grade, at a private school called Tennessee Temple, my stepfather was in Bible school there.

The MSM was continually running the propaganda that no family could make it on one income and that both parents were going to have to work. It got to the point where it began to sound like a mandate. I asked my Mom, “Can they make you go to work?”

She said, “I don’t think so, but I’m not sure.”

A politician came to the campus about that time. A Senator, I believe it was.

He stated that they were trying to pass something through Congress that would allow the Government to take all of the children all year long so that the parents could work.

From preschool age to high school, they wanted to take the children and put them in year round school and only let them come home for the holidays.

He said, they were going to try it in the Bible Belt, and if it succeeded there, they would do it nationwide.

We fought tooth and nail on that bill and all of the Seminary and Bible School students at that time contacted their home churches and friends until there was such an outcry against it, that they dropped it.

The game plan was to control the children 100%. To have total control of what they believed, what they thought, their political views….everything!

They have still managed to succeed to some extent. Their plan wasn’t totally foiled.
        See, when I was in Jr. High, there was a great influx of new teacher’s that were weaned on a book, “Teaching as a Subversive Activity. ” by Neil Postman, Charles Weingartner. And if you haven’t read it, you need to. This is why the Snowflakes are so messed up! If you want to understand how to reach them, get the book, analyze it.

1. They ruined the economies of small communities so that people would have to move to get employment. Busting up families….”Mom, I gotta move! I’ve got a family to take care of!” People lost their investments into the only thing that had any value to them. Their homes.

2. Many of them, moved to large metro areas and states with large populations: In 1980’s, they forced over half of the population of WV into leaving and moving to either FL or TX. That’s where the jobs were.

AT&T was building a huge building in FL at the time. My uncle went to work for them. He stated that the building had several underground levels, with daycare, gym’s, everything necessary to live there without ever leaving. They also mandated that any hires know NOTHING about the kind of job they were to do. Experienced need not apply.

They nicknamed it The Beast.

3. School districts got inundated with too many students and they lengthened the school year and the school day, and then finally, there were two shifts of schools in some districts.

4. All of this population movement required more housing and there was a great construction boom. And then, the “immigrants” and green card holders started rushing in.

5. So Americans became displaced again, but it happened more slowly. This time, there were no jobs to move to. The companies were moving out of the country.

6. And then finally, the Bubble burst.

The brainwashed masses supported Obama.

And now we have Trump fighting for us. I doubt that he realizes the complete depths of what they have done to our country. Most people don’t. Even if he succeeds at fulfilling his campaign promises, the brainwashing of our young people…I don’t even know where to start to try and undo that!

• TreeClimber says:

Sadly, this is how the populace wants it, now. Study popular culture on kids/having kids/being pregnant, and you’ll see a jokingly serious hostility towards children in general. My best friend is a public high school teacher in rural Iowa, she and I have discussed often how parents happily/willingly hand their kids off to the school. She’s had multiple cases of parents saying that their kids are “her problem now.” You know they get that exact attitude at home, too – and that would mess anyone up. She does her best for them, but by the time they’re that age, only so much can be done.

Common Core was taught at her school, but until now, her subject (political science/history/social studies/government) was left mainly alone. As of this semester, she is being forced to teach the usual Communist Manifesto, which, as she’s a libertarian, is stressing her out immensely. Her concerns were shrugged off by her superiors, and now she is struggling with how to mitigate the damage done by what she’s forced to teach. But if she follows her conscience and quits, who’s left to protect her students?

Anyone who’s fought against the imposition of government-run schools knows what’s going on, and that’s precious few. My mother was one, she lost with my elder sister and now [my elder sister] is almost totally estranged. My mother succeeded with my younger sister and myself, and though my younger sister is not at all interested in politics, or issues, or anything of this sort, she *can* (and, to the chagrin of all around her,) does think for herself. She and I are *not* well-liked by so-called peers, and even some superiors – but we can argue circles around almost anyone around us and win. My sister, for example, and her military-wife (Navy?) friend at the department where she works have their sorry excuse for a manager completely terrified of them. She even reported to me that the store manager, during one threat to fire her over a complaint (in which she pointed out about twenty different store rules that make her invaluable,) asked her not to continue doing so as he’s “trying to keep an illusion of authority.” Fighting an unfair system is old hat to my family, and it makes you very unpopular – but it can be done.

• TreeClimber says:

As for where to start to undo the brainwashing – keep your kids home. Educate them yourself. Read and choose your own curriculum. Hold your head up high against the endless criticism and ignorant vitriol. Teach the next generation, and the one after that, yourself. What are the homeschool laws in your state? Push for better ones. Don’t let the government take over your progeny.

• My daughter did that, TreeClimber. She had wonderful put-downs for people who assumed she “worked outside the home.” She did homeschool all three of her children, managed her husband’s career (learning about interview attire and what questions to expect, etc.) and has been involved in many community service projects.

Now that her kids are grown, she’s doing a lot of traveling in South America as well.

• TreeClimber says:

One of my greatest pet peeves is “do you have a job?” Yeah, wife and mother and homemaker. “Oh, I mean a real job.” …really. Why don’t we switch positions for a day and see how well each of us does in the other’s role?

• backwoodsgirl123 says:

Yeah, but I was referring to the current brainwashed kids. Those that will be up for positions of authority soon!

• TreeClimber says:

Go read a few YouTube comments. No one in their right mind will ever hire those idiots for anything more important than flipping hamburgers. And the few like me – under twenty-fives who actually know a thing or two – will likely rise pretty quickly. Pit me against Sundance or PDJT and I’ll fold before the match starts. Pit me against anyone my own age, and I will verbally whip their behinds without them even realizing it. Nor am I the only one.

• backwoodsgirl123 says:

Let’s hope there are more of you than there are of them!

• TreeClimber says:

There aren’t. But there don’t need to be – mindless masses are, as we are seeing so plainly with Antifa, NFL, etc, easily led. The best solution would be to influence them back the other way. *That* will be the difficulty.

14. MIKE says:

Don’t know if my family will be better off financially with this new plan, but I like the Idea of the fair tax and would LOVE to see the Infernal revenue disservice ABOLISHED.
    earned income is taxed too many times, IMO.

• mimbler says:

Unless you a responsible saver and retired with tax paid life savings to support yourself. The fair tax would tax your savings yet another time.

• Risa says:

Nimbler, how would a “fair tax” tax savings again? Not questioning your assertion, just genuinely confused. It’s already pathetic how little interest we are paid on savings accounts, but also scary not having cash set aside. At my age, I couldn’t sleep at night if everything we had was in the stock market.

• mimbler says:

Risa, let’s say you paid your taxes and saved 1000 dollars after taxes and put it in a bank account.

Today, if you spend it you only pay local sales tax on your purchase.

Under the fair tax, a federal sales tax will be created to replace income tax.

So, when you spend your 1000 you pay local sales tax plus a federal sales tax (probably over 20 percent).

If we assume 20 percent, your 1000 dollars is really only worth 800.

And really, if you had your money in something like mutual funds you would have much the same problem as realized capital gains and dividends are taxed as they occur, so much of your stock holding is largely tax paid.

I’ve not seen any of the fair tax proposals address this, and it is such a huge issue, I think the fair tax is a fake proposal that people run on with no intention or capability of implementing.

So I wouldn’t worry about it affecting you. That’s a personal decision, but I don’t worry about it because I don’t think it will happen.

Mike

• TreeClimber says:

Not “a fair tax.” The FairTax. https://fairtax.org/about What they don’t say on their cute little site is that they want to replace the income tax with a 26% consumption tax on *everything* – food, clothes, water, batteries, lightbulbs, TVs, etc. Those who couldn’t afford the consumption tax could sign up for government rebates.

Now it may have changed since the last time I spoke to a FairTax representative, but their utter lack of actual information on their website isn’t wildly confidence-inspiring.

• G. Combs says:

“earned income is taxed too many times, IMO.”

What do you mean??? They let you keep ~25% of it. After all the Banksters want you to have something left to pay all that interest on those conterfeit loans…
      *******

Unfortunately I am not kidding about the ~25%
      Remember out of what is left after tax, you pay ” 151 taxes now in the price of a loaf of bread — it accounts for more than half the cost of a loaf of bread. “ — Ronald Reagan

FOR NORTH CAROLINA middle income:
      The U.S. Census Bureau reported in September 2014 that: U.S. real median household income was $51,939
      Married Filing Jointly deduction = $12,600 = Taxable income: $39,339

Taxable income: $37,451 to $90,750
      Tax rate = $5,156.25 plus 25% of the amount over $37,450 or an additional $1,889 = Total of $7045.25
      or 13.6% of total income.

The combined rate for Social Security and Medicare = 15.30% (You didn’t really think your employer actually paid 1/2 now did you?)
      TOTAL overt Federal tax = 28.9%

NC the tax rate is 5.499%
      0.50% local sales and use tax is for the benefit and purpose of the Research Triangle Regional Public Transportation Authority in addition to the general 4.75% State and Wake County local 2.00% sales and use taxes for a total rate of 7.25%.
      Property tax is ~ 1.0%< depending on county. Median price of homes currently listed in North Carolina is $225,000 or $2,250 or 4.3% tax (You don’t think your landlord pays that tax do you?) NC also taxes tractors, farm equipment and any other real property they can think of.

Motor Fuel Tax in NC is 35 cents per gallon.
      Federal Motor Fuel Tax per gallon:
      $0.1840 Gasoline … $0.2440 Diesel

For NC miles per licenced driver = 15,729 miles for year 2014 or ~31,458 miles for a two car household divided by 22 mpg times 53 cents per gallon or $758
      On top of that the trucking industry paid $39.9 billion (39,900,000,000) in federal and state highway taxes in 2014 and hauled 70.1 percent of total U.S. freight tonnage . There were 123,230,000 households in 2014. Or an additional $ 324 in fuel taxes for a total of $1,082 in fuel taxes or 2% in tax.

A typical American household with wireless phones paying $100 per month for wireless voice service and now paying nearly $225 per year in taxes, fees, and government surcharges or another 0.43% tax.

So adding up the tax on your median household income of $51,939
      28.9+5.5+7.25+4.3+2+.43 = 48.38% in identifiable tax on that income.

• Skinner says:

I would like a fair tax too but I think it’s just a pipe dream anymore….

15. TPW says:

well……..If you right off considerable employee mileage as part of your schedule a and there is no longer personal exemption…….you will be paying more if you drive 20000+ miles a year. I was also put in the 10% rate considering everything like mortgage, property tax, allowable medical,charity, state tax, on schedule a……..so as for my old example I would have to pay 12% on taxable income of an additional $7000. Employee business expense can be a huge right off.

16. Sentient says:

How do you have a 35% top individual rate, but a 25% top rate for S Corps and LLC’s (which pass through to the personal return)? Anomalies would arise, and it implies a two track system akin to AMT.

• David says:

no it doesn’t, the s corp should be paying the owner a salary which will be subject to the 12/25/35 brackets. Any extra income after the salary would be capped at 25%.

You could game this but you can ALREADY game it and its against IRS regs to not pay an adequate salary too the owner. Your Accountant should explain this to you if you have an S corp unless you have a corrupt accountant.

17. Pam says:

18. Deb says:

Please call your members of Congress and tell them you expect them to support MAGA.

19. Howie says:

GOP is trying to kill itself.

20. Howie says:

The GOP stinks….The DNC stinks… they ain’t doing anything I can cotton to. Nevertheless…Jimmy Crack Corn….Blue tail flies everwhere.

21. Howie says:

Trump haz to go to war. He is being too nice. He haz to get down an fight hard. Kick some Ass.

22. Publius2016 says:

You’ll know the tax reform works if everyone under 100k pays the lowest 12% rate after deductions. Anything that puts you into the 25% rate between 12k and 100k is a SUPER BAD deal. The RINOs and NEVERTRUMPERS want to work their Decepticons magic but I really believe President Trump will take them out quick. Remember 2018 primaries are less than a year away.

23. thesavvyinvester says:

Sundance and Treepers…

Does anyone get the brilliance of the elimination of the State and Local Taxes in the Trump Tax Proposal? Think Art of the Deal. It is a throw away item, where are all Sanctuary City and States located? In High Tax Blue States! Sooooo, give up your Sanctuary Cities, get you Deductions Back. Brilliant !

24. thesavvyinvester says:

Sundance and Treepers….

25. 4sure says:

So far, all I sees is corporations makin’ out like a bandit. Middle class, Not so much. Corps. paying 20% and individuals paying 12%, 25%,and as much as 35%? And The plan will also reduce the top tax rate paid by sole proprietors, S corporations, and partnerships to 25 percent.

So, it looks like individuals above the 12% tax rate will be paying as much or more than Businesses and corps. Don’t see how that is lowering individual income taxes. But maybe someone smarter than me can ‘splain.

Would like to see details before saying this is good. If it does not greatly benefit middle income earners over all others, then I’m against it.

• David says:

because you get 12,000 tax free income, also the top rate for individual is 39% right now

• It’s impossible to compare individual to corporate (the deductions will be different). Better to compare what you pay now vs. what you will pay under the new policy.

I expect to pay more in taxes, but I believe I can compete for the business of people who will now have more money to spend. Should be a net win over time.

• G. Combs says:

“The plan will also reduce the top tax rate paid by sole proprietors, S corporations, and partnerships to 25 percent.”

Which is a VERY GOOD IDEA!

Small corporations, sole proprietors, S corporations, and partnerships, are hit the hardest by regulations so this helps level the playing field between then and international corporations (who use regs to bar new comers)

2nd WHERE are your jobs??? WHERE IS YOUR GROWTH???

” The latest figures show that small businesses create 75 percent of the net new jobs in our economy.

Small businesses make up more than 99.7% of all employers.

Small businesses create more than 50 percent of the non-farm private gross domestic product (GDP).

Small businesses employ about 50 percent of all private sector workers.

Home-based businesses account for 53 percent of all small businesses.

The 22.9 million small businesses in the United States are located in virtually every neighborhood.

Small patenting firms produce 13 to 14 times more patents per employee than large patenting firms. link

• TreeClimber says:

See, if he’s rolling seven tax brackets into three, the way I see it, people like you and I are far, far more likely to fall into the lowest (possibly the middle) than that highest – which, if I’m reading this properly, will probably be the bracket that, say, Trump, Limbaugh, the NFL, and likewise-earning individuals will fall into. If PDJT is calling it a “middle-class miracle,” then I trust him to make it benefit the average Joe and Jane.

But I could be very wrong.

• lineman says:

Treeclimber it might behoove your husband to get into one of the trades my line of work is always looking for people and is pretty much recession proof since people are pretty addicted to electricity…

• Just because someone benefits through the new tax plan, DOES NOT mean that you or anyone else suffers. Just look at your own situation – are you paying lower taxes? You win! Doesn’t matter what somebody else gets – that’s a leftist argument. They want to hurt people more than they want other people to benefit. So … Hurt the Rich! Yay! I win!

26. Howie says:

Maybe, one day, people will figger out the GOP wants to impeach Trump.

27. lineman says:

How about we get rid of income taxes, corporate taxes, and property taxes and switch to a national sales tax and tariff’s for funding government…That would be the fair way to do it…

28. Mayo says:

Can’t we just have a flat tax? Everybody pays the same rate on earned income AT THE END OF THE YEAR so that we have the option to invest and either lose or gain ON OUR OWN MONEY. That’s what I’d like to see.

29. Alligator Gar says:

Farmer for Fair Tax. PERIOD!

30. Publius2016 says:

Let me solve it since we’re sharing: after the deductions (most likely personal, dependents, charity, interest, city, state, medical), 12% up to 100k, 25% next, 200k, then 35% all the rest.

31. chicagodeplorable says:

I just pulled up my last year’s taxes and applied the new structure. All of our income is SS, pension and IRA distributions. We own a home with a mortgage. Last year we received a big refund ; this new tax would have us pay $3,000 even after deducting mortgage interest. Part of the difference is that it appears SS will be taxed at 50% of entire amount, last year we only paid on the amount over $32,500. The new tax bracket would be higher for us at 12% AND the personal exemptions of $4050 per person appear to be gone. This SUCKS!

• Dennis Leonard says:

Excuse me Chicago,if your only income is from SS,IRA,Pensions,where does the amount over 32.500 come from ,unless of course you are holding some sort of job.Please show us a link where you got all this new tax info from.

• chicagodeplorable says:

Joint return with spouse. I got the link on Wednesday’s Presidential thread. It was Paul Ryan showing a prototype tax form which listed the very few deductions.

• Tom says:

Simple: use your IRA to pay off your mortgage. Get out of debt, stop feeding the banks. No deduction needed. Who wants to pay a mortgage when they’re retired ?

• chicagodeplorable says:

Taking money out of IRA gets taxed you know. No, we didn’t want to take a mortgage at age 50, but we had to get a new house to accommodate our elderly moms. Either that or stick them in nursing homes. For me, that choice was easy.

32. Blacksmith8 says:

Treepers, hey now calm down. Notice the lead says outline. This is not the final final deal. Up to now we had our President Trump [still not tired of saying that] expressing views and opinions and stated policy. This time there’s paper and messages. It’s way too early to suit up and start worrying about whether this or that or the other.

As for our new trolls, ignore them. They have no life now, they’ll have no life later. ‘I like to think of trolls as paper people’

33. Travis says:

I have seen some charts showing how raising the standard deduction for a family to 24k would effect a family of 4 or 5 making 40k to 50k and for those making in excess of 250k, what about those in the middle? A family of 5 with a combined income of 140k to 160k. If they can’t itemize past the 24k and lose the 4k for each child, while making to much to use the child tax credit won’t that family be shelling more out for taxes in this plan?