Sunday Talks: Dana Bash -vs- Nikki Haley…

CNN interview with Dana Bash, John King’s ex wife, and U.N. Ambassador Nikki Haley discussing DPRK, London Bombing, DACA and additional administration policies.

Two quick points:  #1] Overall Haley does well.  However, those who watch closely will note Haley continues to keep one solid foot in UniParty/GOPe position.  She’s straddling the MAGA fence.  Obviously evaluating her career against the party apparatchik.

#2] Don’t be surprised to see less angst toward Trump’s foreign policy strategy.  Obviously the corporate media TDS moonbats won’t change their stance; however, those who look at the larger geopolitical issues are beginning to see indications of how The Trump Doctrine is actually beginning to make significant strategic sense.  They’re late to this comprehension, but it their awakening is notable nonetheless.

This entry was posted in China, Donald Trump, media bias, Military, N Korea, NATO, President Trump, Secretary of State, Secretary Tillerson, Trade Deal, Uncategorized, United Nations, US Treasury, USA. Bookmark the permalink.

83 Responses to Sunday Talks: Dana Bash -vs- Nikki Haley…

1. jcthewizard says:

After watching Steve Bannon’s Interviews again last night, and being swarmed with complaints from our PDT Facebook group regarding PDT’s support for Luther Strange rather than the peoples choice of Judge Roy Moore I am stymied. Really not sure what our man is thinking . . .

• sundance says:

My .02:

Roy Moore is to MAGA as Ted Cruz is to Conservatism.

• Interesting, food for thought.

• missmarple2 says:

This is also my opinion. He has already said he will not vote for anything on healthcare except for full repeal, which is basically a rejection of the new “send it back to the states” bill.
        Luther Strange has supported the President on everything. President Trump values loyalty, and it would be a stab in the back to Strange to suddenly support his challenger.

McConnell’s backing of Strange is immaterial. That is the backing that the Majority Leader gives to all incumbents.

• Regnad Kcin says:

[Long-time lurker here, but my first post. Be gentle.]

Folks are also forgetting that if Strange loses to Moore, that seat won’t get filled until December. If the President doesn’t support him now, Luther would have no incentive to vote for any of Trump’s agenda if Luther knows that he won’t be in the Senate after December. This may also factor into the Turtle’s thinking since he has to deliver the votes. Complaining about the President endorsing/supporting Strange seems short sighted given this dynamic.

• joeknuckles says:

Do you mean Moore is using MAGA as cover for his real agenda? That’s how Cruz uses “conservatism”. What is Moore’s agenda?

• He is an egomaniac in first place.

I would like him in D.C. just for ruffling some feathers and stirring the pot but Trump doubling down on Big Luther makes me think..

• Jenny R. says:

Well, Moore is Cruz’s boy from back in the day, so you probably wouldn’t be far off if you equated Cruz’s true agenda for Moore’s.

• flawesttexas says:

The only thing I can think of…

Moore is Southern Baptist. If he is tied much to them, he supports their views like on DACA…SBC is tied to the Soros funded Evangelical Immigration Table…a very pro Amnesty group

Not sure if SD was alluding to this specifically…but…we are well aware Ted Cruz isn’t the Conservative his supporters claim to be (soccer balls & teddy bears for illegals)

• flawesttexas says:

This is a bigger question than Trump supporting Strange…why is MSM quiet on Moore

Both Moore and Strange fought against gay marriage, a top issue among MSM.

Does Moore have “peccadillos” that we do not know about?

• sunnydaysall says:

I have often wondered why the media has not been so harsh on Moore but has dogged Strange every step of the way… Not unlike how they embraced Cruz and dogged then-candidate Trump when the field narrowed down to just those two as front-runners… There is a reason the media has chosen Moore and our POTUS must know why!

• Jenny R. says:

Moore is a leftist’s dream conservative — he will foul up any attempts at progress and negotiation made by this administration (and be very vocal about it) and will continue to do things like hang out with the preacher who said gays should be executed (and be very vocal about it).
          He is the left’s dream “conservative”.

• tempo150101 says:

Did not know that. He is a showboat so it makes sense.

My other take on this: Luther Strange is a Jeff Sessions friend and crony from Alabama and he is doing this as a favor for Sessions. This is another reason why I don’t buy the stuff about Jeff Sessions being a horrible AG and him being in the doghouse.

• Ditch Mitch says:

Decisions…decisions. Does AL want to slap Snitch in the face by voting in Moore or do they want to go with the “safe” bet and vote in Strange.
        To me the big issue is getting Snitch out of leadership. So who will do that. Dunno, don’t vote in AL.

• I’m a voter in Alabama. Unique situation here with Strange and Moore. I, personally, do not know anybody that is voting Strange. I’m voting my gut.

• From what various commenters here have said, Moore is very rigid and dogmatic and you cannot negotiate with him at all. I wonder about why he was removed from State Supreme Court twice? Strange may be more establishment, but he has supported Trump in all votes.

• Oldschool says:

I am not a voter in that race, but firmly believe that we need to do what POTUS is asking us to do. He knows what he needs better than we do.

• n1ghtcr4wler says:

My feeling is he gave his word to support Strange and stands by his word even though he knows now that Strange isnt the best choice. Who knows what deal he had with McConnel to support this candidate. Could also be that Sessions asked him too to support Strange bc they are long time friends. If Strange loses McConnel is out and a bunch of other Rinos will lose.

• Jenny R. says:

My opinion: because Roy Moore isn’t what he appears to be.

• jonhabart says:

President Trump is simply honoring a deal he made with GOP leadership to endorse Luther Strange, I wouldn’t read much more into it than that.

• mariner says:

If that were the case I’d expect PDJT’s support to be tepid and pro-forma.

I can’t see whether or not that’s true.

I don’t know anything about either of these candidates, and I’ve heard bad things about both of them.

• tdaly14 says:

Strange has been asking Trump for two weeks to come and support hima according to Politico. He finally said ok, but didn’t know if it would help.

• tdaly14 says:

• NYBorn says:

Many of the “conservatives” who are complaining that POTUS TRUMP is supporting Luther strange did the exact same thing during the 2016 Presidential Primaries. They did not support Candidate Trump but rather supported Ted Cruz, Marco Rubio or one of the other 16 Republican Presidential Candidates until Candidate Trump won the nomination and then started supporting him. Why won’t they give POTUS TRUMP the same prerogative? POTUS TRUMP is choosing to support Luther Strange because he feels it is the right thing for him to do at this point. The people of Alabama will choose who the Republican Candidate will be, not POTUS TRUMP, and he will get behind whoever they ultimately choose. It’s a win win for POTUS TRUMP.

• Joan Fisher says:

You have to look into Strange’s background to understand why it is that Trump is endorsing him despite being a McConnell backed candidate. Strange’s record as an Attorney at Law and State Prosecutor demonstrates that Strange has brought many lawsuits against the Obama Administration. Strange has taken exception per many unconstitutional and unlawful conduct and policy/executive orders per the former Administration. In addition, Strange has also gone after the Governor who appointed him in his position for his moral misconduct and abuse of office seeking Impeachment of the Governor for an illicit Affair. Someone who knows Impeachment and how to bring lawsuits against the Former Administration could be an asset in the Trump Administration. Besides all that, Strange’s record as an Attorney speaks for itself. Trump isn’t just backing Strange because of McConnell but because of what he brings to the table that may be desperately needed. I’ve also thought of Strange as Senator elect replacing Jeff Sessions as Attorney General since Sessions and his Deputy Rosenstein can’t or won’t bring charges against the Obama Administration.

2. Barry says:

Disagree Halley did a terrific job backing the @potus A+Sent from XFINITY Connect Mobile App

3. joeknuckles says:

Just wondering, has General Mattis ever met Kim Jung Un?

4. The only place I thought she waffled a bit was in her response to the twitter question, which was a stupid question anyway designed to get a negative response. But, overall, she did a great job.

5. missmarple2 says:

Ladies,
    When you have a nose job, make sure your surgeon also shortens your upper lip. Looking at you, Dana Bash!

6. YAL SMILEY IS BACK GO TO OPEN THREAD!!! 💖💖🇺🇸🇺🇸💖💖😢😢🤣😂🤣😙😙

7. The Boss says:

Looked like Dana was deliberately test driving a story line that T Rex is leaving in the not so distant future. That line of questioning was just too strange, given all which preceded it.

• Ditch Mitch says:

Absolutely Boss! The twitter question implied TRex may leave. Another backfire by the left. Nikki gave the answer they didn’t want. TRex is going nowhere. She may have interviewed for SoS but stated she didn’t have the experience. With the experience gained at the UN? She restate “TRex is going nowhere.”

8. Budman says:

Haley is a never Trumper from the git go! She works for Trump, but her allegiance is to the UNI-PARTY and to her future! Can’t stand Bash!

• Grandma Covfefe says:

Exactly–I can’t watch the video here. It was hard enough to watch Nikki at the presser last week. Her snobbish is more than I can handle–can only take 10 mins of Nikki every few months.

The comments here are good enough for me. Thank you all for sharing your take. I love all you Treepers.

9. Sandra-VA says:

I think Nikki Haley did an excellent job! Dana Bash was hoping for some “meat” with her negative questioning, but Nikki successfully repelled the attack. She has turned out to be an EXCELLENT choice for UN Ambassador.

I especially liked her push back on the Tillerson question 😀

#MAGA #WINNING

10. Ditch Mitch says:

Nikki is like a premium single malt. She gets better with age. Nikki was much improved in the last WH Presser with McMasters and Sarah. Here are my comments:
    “Second time through I was more impressed with Nikki. Nikki keeps with PDJT’s policies for the UN, and is clear and concise in her explinations. She even spent a whole question talking about The President. Did not mention his name and no real praise, but it was still a yuge improvement. Takes time to get over backing the wrong candidate.”
    In the interview with Bashed, she may have one solid foot in the Uniparty but she may also have the other foot in America First quickcrete. Nikki may be taking lessons from Sarah and other Cabinet members as to how to respond to MSM. Didn’t answer baited questions calling for speculation but instead gave facts which support PDJT policies. Defended PDJT on Dream Act, “We are a nation of laws” so leave it to Congress. And last but not least, defused the TRex rumor created by MSM. Had to state it twice that TRex is not going anywhere.

11. tempo150101 says:

My take on this: Luther Strange is a Jeff Sessions friend and crony from Alabama and he is doing this as a favor for Sessions. This is another reason why I don’t buy the stuff about Jeff Sessions being a horrible AG and him being in the doghouse.

12. GSR says:

Notice how the government/ media complex is OBSESSED with “daca” and the plight of illegal aliens. So telling.

13. Joe says:

Don’t know what will happen with DACA amnesty, too much competing info right now.

Trump’s rhetoric is what I go by and NOTHING ELSE – Troubling and here is why:

This post is being sent from the Mexican colony of California.

14. mariner says:

I didn’t like Nikki Haley, and I won’t forget how she unilaterally caved to leftists on the Confederate flag issue.

I thought PDJT’s choice was a good one, but Haley has so far exceeded my expectations, by quite a lot.

She works for our President and advocates his and Tillerson’s policies. She did a good job side-stepping the land mines Bash tried to put before her.

I didn’t hear anything at all to be disappointed with.

15. Dorothy Marcum says:

I agree .. I wanted to dislike Nikki Haley but from the moment she took the job she has been on board the Trump agenda and she has been in our POTUS corner with STRONG pushback when needed
    I think our POTUS saw something in her, his gut from hiring in the real estate world and I think he is very proud of her

It is obvious they have a good relationship, she said the other day that she had already read his UN speech and I’m sure she had a hand in writing, etc
    I think Nikki Haley may become the US first female POTUS I suspect POTUS will not run for a 2nd term and Nikki may become the VP

• Q&A says:

“I think Nikki Haley may become the US first female POTUS ”
      Hope not. Nikki is a good soldier, following President Trump’s direction, but at the top with her own agenda, she’ll likely revert to her governor style of embracing sham social justice issues (ex: white suppression for the fake causes of BLM and other such groups). Proof of this is her recent calling out of President Trump on Charleston, a set-up hoax protest. With all the serious global situations she deals with on a daily basis in the UN, Charleston is what messes with her mind?

I don’t trust her, but I appreciate her service to DJT.

16. Tonawanda says:

I consider myself very sensitive to anti-Trump, non-Trump, phony-support-of-Trump language, and I did not see it in this interview.

I respect people’s anti-Haley pov, but I am more forgiving I guess.

I ask sincerely, what did Haley say which was indicative of Uniparty sentiment? I am not doubting, I just did not see or hear it.

17. Kerry Gimbel says:

Oh I think he will run for a second term!

18. JustSomeInputFromAz says:

IMO Ambassador Haley did a great job in this interview, she deftly did not answer the “Dreamer” pathway to Citizenship question.

19. Cliff Richards says:

If i remember correctly Moore sat on the AL Supreme Court when the birther issue was brought there and was the only one that didn’t rubber stamp the gov position supporting Obama.

20. Glen2 says:

I notice that when Dana Bash blatantly lied and said that the British were hesitant to share intelligence with the US because of Donald Trump/tweets, Nikki Haley let that slide. The actual truth is that they are hesitant to share intelligence because of leakers from the US intelligence community. So why did she not correct it!

21. jeans2nd says:

Haley is Halley. Useful id10t.
    Bash starts out with Pres Trump’s campaign speech to AIPAC. Bash, as usual, never makes the connection to Pres Trump’s current biggest leverage with the UN (imo) – the big UN reform push that is presently ongoing at the UN. Odds are Pres Trump will also mention the UN reform in the UN speech this coming week – we pay the lion’s share of the UN costs. That approach worked quite well with NATO, the G7 (or whatever number it was), and the Middle East trip. Haley wisely (imo) does not mention it either.

SOS Tillerson did well with Dickerson, imo. Unsurprisingly, Dickerson never makes the connection, either.

Perhpas some observant blogger will notice and bring the UN reform push to the world’s attention. Our Fake News remains clueless. It never occurs to these Fake News ppl that Americans really are able to walk, talk, chew gum, blow bubbles, whistle, and dance all at the same time. Sad.

“Trump and the United Nations: Reform or Die?”

• jeans2nd says:

Recall, this was the speech where Pres Trump told AIPAC that AIPAC would not vote for Pres Trump b/c Pres Trump would not take AIPAC’s money.

Additionally, everyone is still stressing out over DACA and the Climate Swindle. Diversion by POTUS, and wielded most excellently, imo. While everyone is having a cow over DACA and the Climate Swindle, Pres Trump is rapidly advancing foreign policy, tax reform, and the economy. DACA is with DACA’s rightful owner – the Uniparty.