Video of President Trump and First-Lady Melania Visit To Florida…

Video of President Trump and First-Lady Melania Trump visiting people recovering from Hurricane Irma in Florida.

President Donald Trump was in Florida, in 95+ degree heat, wearing a Kevlar vest. That’s “showing up”, and believe me, it matters. Meanwhile, there’s a great deal of back-bench barking about various issues important to many people.

I’m not going to dismiss those concerns because they are valid; they are also the result of decades of lies and deceit from the professional GOPe wing of the UniParty in DC. However, I am going to point out that this president, our president, has yet to fail on the key and critical issues which ONLY HE was willing to stand up and call out.

President Trump is standing in the gap, seemingly all alone in Washington DC, against the entire professional and corrupt political class that are openly aligned against his efforts.

However, for the past 30+ years Donald Trump has not wavered an inch in his identification of the root cause of America’s eroding stature… I’ll be darned if I’m going to criticize the guy who so far hasn’t budged on the critical aspects of his strategy.

I’m proud of President Trump; not just because he’s willing to stand in front of every nation and talk about how great The United States of America really is, without reservation; yes, he’s our nation’s greatest cheerleader.  But also because he’s steadfast in his approach, and delivering, while surrounded by an entire political apparatus intent on blocking him.

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.”

~ Theodore Roosevelt

This entry was posted in Donald Trump, Melania Trump, President Trump, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

465 Responses to Video of President Trump and First-Lady Melania Visit To Florida…

1. There has been some discussion in the last few days about what President Trump has said or done about certain aspects of immigration, whether legal or illegal. I found this old article about a Chris Wallace interview, done with then-candidate Donald Trump.

[excerpt]
    The lifeblood of the Trump campaign was given a jolt when Fox News’ Chris Wallace veered into the area of illegal immigration. He asked whether Mr. Trump will divulge the information he says he has citing the Mexican government as responsible for sending criminals, rapists, and drug dealers across the border.

“If it weren’t for me, you wouldn’t be talking about illegal immigration, Chris,” said Trump. “This was not a subject that was on anybody’s mind until I brought it up at my announcement, and I said Mexico is sending, except the reporters, because they’re a very dishonest lot generally speaking in the world of politics they didn’t cover the statements the way I said it,” he added.

To curb the criminality and the drug money going back and forth across the border, Trump wants to build a wall. “We need to build a wall–and it has to be built quickly. And I don’t mind having a big beautiful door in that wall, so that people can come into this country legally . . . we need to keep illegals out,” said the billionaire front runner.

[my comments]

Anything being said about immigration, illegal immigration, illegal biologicals, any of that, is only being talked about right now, because of candidate Donald Trump, and now President Donald Trump. Whether we agree with his ideas or not, we are only having this discussion, in open forums, because he brought it up originally. Discussion is good. An exchange of ideas is always good, when done in a civilized manner. I don’t agree with everything our president says, or does. However, I stand with our president, I support our president, and I trust our president.

• carrierh says:

Having lived several years in Mexico I saw only the rich living off of crimes of all kinds and this helped many of the not rich to seek out other ways to get rich – robberies, starting to sell all manner of drugs, killing (with knives mostly), the police always low paid so always looking for bribes from anyone but especially from tourists, the education system was not the highest quality because, like here, the dumber the populous, the better for getting rich and using the populous as slave employees – yard work, cleaning, washing/ironing clothes, babysitting, or in other words the typical use of citizens to do the dirty work as we have seen for centuries by many Western and Eastern countries. Education was limited as well due to #1 the father had to sign to allow entry to education and since most rich has illegitimate children (la casita) there was no one he would sign, and #2 they had to wear uniforms but if you are poor you can’t afford a uniform, fees, books, supplies, etc. I am not knocking only Mexico for this, as was the custom for centuries. Only in a few countries that the poor woke up and we saw revolutions. Our English founders under the English monarchy were doing the same, and then our Founding Fathers had enough and we have our FIRST revolution and by the grace of God we won. We have had a different way of thinking while so many did not – Mexicans had been enslaved by the Conquistadors and never really enjoyed real freedom and those that got richer did it by kissing behinds! So, the rich in other countries don’t want to take care of their citizens, then ship them off to America where we will have to take care of them and that is why illegals and DACA must go and those citizens of other countries removed from our soil and back to their own soil and take back the countries for the populous there since they have seen how it works here. We can no say “compassion” instead of “common sense” and remove and deport them as WHOLE FAMILIES because the whole families are also illegals. Other countries do not accept anyone invading their country nor their birthings as their legal citizens and neither can we! That is ludicrous and we must have compassion for our legal citizens and following the same REAL immigration laws under which my father came to the USA, and as did my spouse. Those in DACA chose NOT to be citizens but to continue to leech on country, as well as those other illegals who are robbing, raping, killing, tossing trash everywhere, stealing wherever they can, etc. should EACH AND EVERYONE down to the 5th generation be removed asap. We need the money and space for OUR American citizens. This is where your supposed “compassion” should be directed, PERIOD!

• margarite1 says:

I agree totally. The US has been used as a dumping ground so the rich Mexicans can stay rich and spend as little as possible to help their poor. If it weren’t for the USA maybe they would have had a revolution…although that could also go the way of Venzeuela since as you say a lot of the people are too uneducated to realize this wouldn’t get them what they really need. Such a sad thing – Mexico is a beautiful country with so many natural resources and a lot of hard working people but it remains a land of little opportunity. What a contrast.

In my opinion since USA has ended up being a health care service for illegals then the USA should send bills to the Mexican government for the cost of doctors, hospitals nd drugs. And how about sending a bill for the costs of Mexicans in our prisons? Why should we US citizens pay for this? I can hear Vincente Fox screaming now at the outrage of paying us back for what we’ve spent on his fellow citizens. How long would it then take for Mexico to want the wall?

• COlibertybelle says:

Absolutely agree.

• helix35 says:

Love my President. Until he betrays me, or makes a false move, I give him the benefit of the doubt and know that he is in this place and in this time for a reason. All the doubters and fair-weather friends be damned.

• You are so right helix35.

My son and his family live in Ft Lauderdale.

The word disaster does not begin to describe what happened to Florida after Irma went through the state.

The people that are shaking President Trump and First Lady Melania’s hands in the video and saying “Thank you” and “God Bless you” mean every word.

The care and concern that President Trump has given to helping Make America Great Again by showing up in Florida is reflected in the gratitude in the faces of the victims.

• yy4u says:

PDJT cannot betray me. Impossible. He might make mistakes, he might well do stuff I don’t want him to do, but betray me? Impossible. That has already been done in spades by the Bushes, the Ryans, the McConnells, the Cantors, the Boehners, all the “Republicans” I voted for thinking they weren’t Democrats. I’ll put up with whatever PDJT does because whatever it is it is better than I’d get from a Democrat who admits he/she is a Democrat or a Republican who is a Democrat but lies to me and says s/he is a Republican.

• Orygun says:

Exactly! He can’t betray me because he is my soulmate. I know he will try as hard as he can to give us the country back that has ratcheted so far left that it is hardly recognizable. He has already done more than the so called previous presidents in the short time he has been there.
          I will be eternally grateful to him for giving so much to so many when no one else would even step up. One man against all of DC and the media. He doesn’t deserve the people he is trying to help taking cheap shots at him.

• mikep says:

I have been brainstorming on what Pres Trump may be doing:

This all started remember, when Pres Trump first sat down with schumer, pelosi, ryan, and mcconnel to make a deal to extend gov spending. Mcconnell wanted eighteen months extension, why?. I believe mcconnell wanted the eighteen months because he does not want to fund the wall, but does not want to go against the voters till after the 2018 elections. Pres Trump is hip to what mcconnell is up to, so he went with the dems and only gave them 3 months extension. This decision has many future benefits.

Mcconnell and the repubs were very upset by Pres Trump siding with the dems. Remember a couple of days later mcconnell was in front of the cameras saying that the dems are “spiking the ball in the endzone a bit too early” The very next day Ryan pushes through the government spending bill that mcconnell swore they could not get done in time, the whole reason for the extension. The spending bill includes 1.6 billion for the wall. http://amp.dailycaller.com/2017/09/14/house-agrees-to-1-6-billion-for-border-wall/ Mcconnell n ryan included the funding for the wall because they are afraid that Pres Trump will veto the bill without it, which Pres Trump can now do without shutting the gov down because of the deal for an extension.

See what Pres Trump did there? The dems cannot block the wall funding because of their hopes for a deal on dacca.

• deanfitz says:

Betray that word should never be mentioned.About the President.

• sunnydaysall says:

You are so right, Janice!! May I use your comment in my POTUS groups on FB and twitter?

• Founding Fathers Fan says:

They are not ‘immigrants’. They are invaders. Immigrants follow Immigration Law and apply for entry into a country.

• amwick says:

That is certainly how I feel. Immigrants follow whatever minimal laws we do have.. Illegal immigrant, undocumented immigrant, to me they are both oxymorons, but I do get it. What really got to me was when someone called them undocumented citizens.. that seemed wrong. Really, really wrong.

2. Both of you are spot on, no question

• And by that I mean you, Janice, and Sundance. The globalists and establishment are HYSTERICAL with panic. They were so certain of a Hillary win and the end to America as we know it, i.e., borders gone and constitutional citizens oppressed, that they never even thought of an oppositional plan to a winner.
      That is why what we are seeing is very very familiar to us…only it’s hostility of all the groups on steroids.
      For 8 years, in their complacency, they have been operating in their manipulative way and anticipating the power and the trillions and their crazy master race breeding, with complacency.
      The pushback was completely unexpected because we are dealing with that most ancient of human failings: hubris.
      The people have to understand that to expect any of the swamp to be eradicated through the typical corridors of the highest of judicial or through Senate or Congress is absurd.
      We are ‘of the people, by the people, for the people’.
      The hurricanes gave us an excellent reminder of what WE can do when we put aside the squabbles that have been deliberately inserted into our lives since Kindergarten, through the ongoing swamp propaganda infused through every mode of communication that is touched by politics….that would be ALL..including, sadly, Christian and Judean leaders who are just as dependent on social justice funding and just as vulnerable to PC ranting.
      Sundance you, and so many of the readers here, have the ability to step back and be objective AND to still refer to the Christian charity that demands that we give the benefit of the doubt to a person and do not automatically revert to a pessimistic and antagonistic interpretation of every person’s words and actions.
      You were already batting a thousand, but when you shared your activity about Irma, and clearly also made sure that Harvey information was available, you cemented your character.
      Thank you.

3. PippiLS says:

Sad to have to say it, but Trump is looking more and more like King Theoden in his opening scene in Fellowship of the Rings.

I now think Rick Wiles at Trunews.com is right: Trump’s election was not meant as a redemption of the country, but it was to buy a little more time for the Church to get ready, to get into place for what’s about to happen.

• Chad C. Mulligan says:

Can’t fathom that idea. But just recall what happens after Theoden is relieved of the evil counsel of Grima Wormtongue..

• wondering999 says:

Read the Tolkien books a long time ago. It took me a few pages to get into it, but once I got started I couldn’t stop… read the book under my desk at school even during classes. Had forgotten the Grima character though
        “When Saruman was overthrown by a hobbit rebellion and ordered to leave, Frodo Baggins implored Gríma not to follow him, and even offered him food and shelter. Saruman countered by revealing to the Hobbits that Gríma had murdered and possibly eaten Lotho Sackville-Baggins, a kinsman of Frodo; whereupon Gríma killed Saruman and was shot by Hobbit archers…”

• 17CatsInTN says:

Here we go again. You could have picked Aragorn. But no, you gotta do doom, despair and agony on me.

Stuff it.

• PippiLS says:

Can’t we have a difference of opinion on this site without resorting to rudeness?

I live in Portland, the virtue signaling capital of the world where there is a Black Lives Matter and/or an In Our America, Love Wins sign in almost every yard, so I know a bit about the intolerance of the left firsthand. And I’ve noticed a disturbing trend among people on this site ( no, not everyone) to mimic the left’ s tactics of incivility and intolerance when they don’t like someone else’s opinion.

Are you looking to duplicate the echo chamber of the beltway elite and the corporate media and stifle all dissent from people actually on your side? I am sadly shaking my head and walking away from CTH.

• TimeIsNow says:

Putting this out after Sundance’s article says it all. WHO ARE YOU??

• You compared President Trump to a deluded feeble possessed and dying man, who no longer had control of himself or anyone around him, and was being guided by a con man. And you are upset about someone else being rude? I’ve noticed a disturbing trend, of people who say really nasty horrible things, and then are horrified when other people show “intolerance”, and simply tell them they are wrong.

• LULU says:

Amen. Many seem to show up on this and other forums, professing “disappointment” when in all likelihood their home site is something like the Daily Kos. Always looking to us for “tolerance” when they do nothing but hurl insults, overt and/or veiled. Insults nonetheless.

• I saw Amen too. People need to realize that if they the bulk of their attitude is finding fault, criticizing and being portents of doom, the greater threat is not the outside world but in themselves.
            SOME people need to spend more time reading the ACLJ reports of what Trump has been getting done AND do a little more research on a man who outsmarted everyone in this campaign and most importantly, who had NO need to put his life on the line like this for us.
            And if that still doesn’t help I suggest reading about the lives of those in NOrth Korea, Sudan Zimbabwe and see if they can drum up from way down deep in their pits of pessimism a little bit of gratitude that our lives are far from that AND a LOT more hope after you realize that the media, teh politicians and the educators are throwing EVERYTHING at us to divide us from Trump because THEY KNOW THAT the only reason they gained power was by keeping us divided, distracted, dumped down and resigned.

We are far stronger and more numerous than they.
            Please, before being so thin skinned and not being able to take what they dish out, please take a moment to ask how you’d react if someone hurled your words at you. . .and while you’re at it try counting your blessings and seeing about losing the black clouds and the hyper superiority.
            Thank you Janice and so many of you who recognize that hypocrisy and thin skin and pride are doing the same kill job on humanity as it has always done through the ages.

• 1harpazo says:

I agree with your second paragraph. This year is a year of surplus, next year-not so much. Not redemption but reprieve. Trouble is…nobody is listening.

• Come on, surely you are letting your anxiety get the better of you. There could be no two characters more different than King Théoden and President Trump.

The MSM is trying to paint POTUS as a dithering, insecure braggart controlled by those who whisper in his ear but it would be folly to allow them to colorize your world. They are self serving liars whose modus operandi is “Tell the big lie often enough and people will believe it as truth”.

The truth about our President is clear to any who watch and listen to his words and action. That truth needs to be shouted out not diluted by repeating Globalist lies & media spin. Our President is a pragmatist, a man of his word & of honor. A man who has put country before self and has sacrificed and put his life on the line without financial reward. A man who has looked to all the people of the United States to better their lives and give them the opportunity to succeed, to improve our infrastructure, return power to the States, care for and respect our Military & the Police. A man who is doing his damnedest against all odds, against all impediments, against a corrupt & self serving Congress to MAGA and to fulfill his campaign promises.

• joninmd22 says:

First off Theoden wasn’t introduced until the Two Towers.

At no point has the President appeared feeble or under someone else’s control. If you don’t understand what’s going on then think about it before saying something silly. Pelosi and Schumer are proven liars and no one should give them any credence

If you were in the military during WW2 would you believe Lord Haw Haw or Tokyo Rose over Eisenhower or FDR? Of course not.

• joninmd22 says:

Forward and fear no darkness
      Arise. Arise Riders of Theoden
      Pears shall be shaken
      Shields shall be broken
      A red day
      A sword day
      And the new sun rises.

• Jenny R. says:

So….Trump is going to rally a bunch of horsemen and save the city of Gondor?
      You do realize Tolkein hated allegory, correct?
      And Tolkein was a staunch Roman Catholic who admitted that his books had a distinctly RC flavor to them on purpose…I’m not sure he would be in accordance with Mr. Wiles.

4. The real enemies of this country are the top Mitch McConnell and Paul Ryan. Both of them would sell out their own mothers for political gain. John McCain and the rest of his gang of eight are right behind them.
    Calm down Angel moms We have to have border security in order to have an effective wall. The one cannot exist without the other. Don’t panic at the fake news. Listen carefully what Donald Trump is saying. The wall is being repaired and rebuilt with money already appropriated under Bush. So when Trump says the wall will be built he is telling the truth. Why? Because the money is already there.
    DACA is a good example. He ended the unconstitutional directive put in place by Barrack Obama. He then tossed this volatile issue right into the laps of Congress. Be certain it will blow up on them because nobody wants it. Chances are it will die a natural death.
    Many dreamers will go back on their own out of fear of the ICE. Relax pop some popcorn and enjoy the show. MAGA.

• Judith says:

The UNiparty and their Enemedia minions were all set to roll out the starving puppies and doe-eyed children being evicted by big, bad “heartless” Trump. Instead, he turned DACA on its ear, then lobbed it right back under their own feet! It’s up to THEM to come up with a plan now. Damned if they do (mid-term elections massacre) damned if they don’t (puppies, babies, violins, made-for-tv pap). DAMN right they are outraged! He fooled them all AGAIN! Cue the trolls.. wah wah wah

• That is a good point about ” the doe eyed children being evicted by heartless Trump” being prepped to roll out by the uniparty Judith.

Now it seems the we are hearing more and more about the criminal “Dreamers” and exactly how old ( mid thirties) many of them are.

The lies about he DACA program and the real statistics being brought out.

Instead of pushing a bad program through Congress easily now our elected Reps are being questioned a lot more than they had anticipated.

We will see if the DACA program survives.

Write and call Congress, we might have more effect than we think.

• olderwiser21 says:

Janice – Excellent! Thanks!

• olderwiser21 says:

Oops – I meant, Judith – excellent! Thanks!

• Sentient says:

Wall means wall. “Wall” doesn’t mean “patch the partial fence”.
      Mexicans All Get Amnesty.

• Did you ever run, or manage, any large project? The beginning of any large project has very little “real” work being done, because to do it right requires a lot of planning, paperwork, and hiring. Bids are put out, based upon estimates. Committees are formed, to assess the bidding from companies. Add into that the complexity of doing this using government rules and regulations. We already have companies building trial walls!

But you are carping about something that is actually quite reasonable, which is repairing an existing fence, while all of the work of getting a massive project together is being done.

• TimeIsNow says:

Sentient,

If you are totally blowing off Sundance’s perspective, it is time for you to leave. If I thought like you, I’d be long gone. Forget echo chamber, so much BS. Go away, find a site that believes Trump is lost. Plenty of Cruzbot and other NeverTrump sites around like BB that pretended backing Trump for awhile, and you’d fit in fine.

• Ad rem says:

Sentient’s been here for ages. And…he’s got the right to respectully proffer an opinion.

ETA: Just checked. He’s been here since 12/13! Debate him if you disagree.

• TimeIsNow says:

Ok, Ad rem, I’d say this, PDJT has been consistent since 1988, but some will say he’s gone back on his promises, and that is open for debate. Yet, the positions here are sometimes coming off like has totally left the USA’s people behind, and the neocon generals are the only ones who now have his ear. No proof of that. PDJT has done wonders in the past few months, and none of that is put in perspective. It’s just all is going down to nothing…H3lLL IN A HANDBASKET, far too often. These people, including, Sentient, need to keep some perspective, instead of suggesting, because DACA disappoints them, all is lost.

I have been here since two weeks after PDJT came down the escalator, and I would like some perspective.

• TimeIsNow says:

As far as PDJT going back on his promises, or the whole DACA thing, we all know that takes time to see where things are really going, as PDJT never shows his full hand to anyone, and it has to unfold. Waiting t see is always a great idea with Trump.

• TimeIsNow says:

As far as the Wall goes, all intelligent people know the visual concept of a seamless Wall along the border is absurd, as their are areas where it is naturally impossible to cross. Beyond the rhetoric we do want great border security, which prevents illegals from crossing. And this needs to be checked and confirmed often. Whatevere really works is fantastic.

• Blue Ridge Mts Va. says:

PDJT never telegraphs his intent, we don’t see the full story. I have never been disappointed in my President, and will not waver in my support for him, or his agenda. None of us who agree with Sundance would ever presume to do that. I have been reading CTH for a long time (2012, or before). I have always been impressed with Sundance’s fine analysis. I have many times mentioned CTH when I have emailed POTUS.

After being a reader for a long time, I just recently started commenting in the Health threads. I have read Art of the Deal, besides know about SunTzu.

• TPW says:

Geez ….even the evangelicals ………abandoned their one issue “abortion” to make a stand for the bigger picture…….DACA is not a deal breaker…….but it is the Dems life raft and Trump knows this. With Ryan McConnell and GOPe now supporting it …….they have shown their true colors……..2018 will be interesting…

• Tegan says:

Sentient, I often wonder why you are still here…you are so very negative in a forum that is not. I’m never quite certain why you even bother to post if you constantly disagree with the rest of the Treepers.

• WeeWeed says:

We welcome public discourse. The only time people are trashed in moderation is because they start out with a PERSONAL attack or foul language, or already known to be a bot.

• TimeIsNow says:

My guess is, if you actually coherently address these negative people, they simply will not answer and go onto the next negative post, or attack. Yes, some of them are long term CTH people, but that does not mean they support PDJT or ever really did. PDJT became important here about the time I signed on, in fact, he is the reason I came here.

• TimeIsNow says:

Tegan, I’ll have to learn to sign into do likes. For now here is 10X likes.

Let’s see more calm, measured perspective Sentient…fairness is all.

• brh82 says:

I personally like the perspective of Sentient. Sometimes it mirrors my deepest darkest fear so I know I’m not alone. And sometimes it’s interesting because it mirrors what I see as the obstacle we need to propagandize against on the leftist sites. And sometimes it’s just really interesting because those who oppose are often fun to watch. I appreciate EVERY perspective that comes here , can’t think I’ve ever considered any post here a waste of my time and am so grateful we have a place to beat every topic to a pulp!

• joninmd22 says:

And where and when did the president say all Mexicans would get amnesty or the wall wouldn’t be built ?

Please post a link or video asap so we can see it.

• LULU says:

Good luck with that challenge, joninmd22. I am still hearing crickets on some comments like that that I’ve posted elsewhere.

These are the internet version of Antifa. Dodge in, drop an ied, dodge out. On to the next conservative forum.

• kurt72 says:

Comment deleted by Admin…

• Jenny R. says:

Right now, that’s about all they can do until funding becomes available.
        Not all DACAs are Mexicans…and not all Mexicans are illegal immigrants. And on a further point, do you have a time machine?
        Or some other method of predicting the future?

• Founding Fathers Fan says:

The real enemies of this country are the self-righteous people who refuse to do what is necessary to vote out RINOs like Ryan and McConnell in their primaries. There’s only an average of 17% voter turnout in republican primaries. The 83% who stay home are dumbfounded that the RINO got re-elected and never accept their own responsibility for the uniparty.

5. Bongobear says:

The man is fighting against all of the special interest groups and both political parties in DC. He seemingly doesn’t have any dependable allies and everyone is his critic. I can’t imagine how he continues. You’d think he’d say screw it and go play golf.
    He has my respect for trying despite so many corrupt liars in the political class in our country.

• carrierh says:

Bongo, may I say our huge number of prayers to God made this possible to have another Moses to lead us. Trump is fighting hard and long and he does deserve to reach and live in the promise land and we are here to help him and ourselves by fighting back as well and draining the Congress swamp now by forcing removal of both speakers, the DINOS/RINOS and establishment creeps in both Houses as they have long since become the 2 parties in 1. No need to wait until 2018 election because we elected/hired them so they truly are OUR employees and must represent what we want and say and if not,then they are traitors and must face the fact that traitors are hanged. In the meantime, we need to start seeking out real patriot candidates which will be extremely vetted down even to high school, advise them no longer will any Congress have the power to enrich themselves and disregard we who are their employers. No more benefits/perks we did not vote for nor authorize for them to rob us, no more insider trading which is illegal, no more taking directions from outsiders/lobbyists or purchasing their re-elections, no more than two 3 yr. terms MAX, no more secret service unless they pay for it but heck if they were honest and doing what we hired them to do so, no need for SS! So much more so our revolution is to start kicking them OUT now because they are not sacrosanct at all! NO employer need keep poor or crooked employees, just walk them out the door!

• NC PATRIOT says:

I seem to remember P45 making an “aside comment” shortly after he stepped into the job, that the swamp was “much worse” than he thought. (Can’t find that quote. though)

And yet he continues, with his unflinching resolve, to take those “spears and arrows” for us. I believe he is working with many prayers , and with God’s guidance to keep him going. He has had my 100% support—even when I might occasionally have a question, I have his back ! PERIOD.

• Jenny R. says:

The “swamp” extends right down to ordinary American citizens…
        look when he made his tweets about rescinding DACA…people were up in arms not about sending poor, innocent waifs home (that at least could be seen as a decent and noble sentiment) rather it was: “omg! do any of us really want to have to mow lawns and pick vegetables?!?”.

In short, ordinary Americans are ok with basically a form of slavery as long as they can 1) not get off their lazy, spoiled arses; 2) walk around considering themselves “nice and good” people; 3) get somebody else to pay for it (or at least not be paying personally, thus spreading it out to everyone). They also don’t care about bringing in all manner of criminal either as long as nothing happens in their backyard — everyone else can go to blazes, someone else’s family can suffer all manner of sorrow…as long as they get theirs.

Republics cannot long exist in such a climate; neither can any amount of freedom.

Now, fortunately not every American is like this, but a sad and disturbing number are…we have met the Swamp, and they are Us.
        If he can make the American people look at that image of themselves in the mirror (it shall likely be similar to Dorian Grey) and acknowledge it even a little, then the man deserves sainthood.

6. xyzlatin says:

Here is my assessment of what Pres Trump is doing. Bear with my logic.
    Firstly, he genuinely wants every American to have the opportunity to have a better life. That means jobs. To get jobs, he has to get the economy booming which means tax cuts, regulation cuts, bringing trillions parked overseas back, bring companies back. It also means public works which will also create jobs and stimulate the economy, although this will add to the deficit in the short term.

He is up against the globalists in both parties but more so the Republicans, who do not want to do this. The only way he is going to get the border wall funded, tax cuts he wants, and so on, is by the globalists changing their minds (no), being forced to co operate (no), or to bargain with them something they want for something he wants (possible).

What does he have that they might want? Nothing much, except maybe DACA. He can sign it into law if they produce a bill, or he can refuse to. He has already put a deadline on them. There is also the threat of closing the government down.

I believe Pres Trump has decided that if he is to do the most good for the most people, he has to sacrifice his reputation on the DACA promise, in order to get something bigger. Yes the man is sacrificing himself, and like Christ, he is being flayed right left and centre and being betrayed by people who should know better.

He is a gambler, he is gambling that he will have enough time to woo back supporters before 2020, if he can get the economy booming.

Of course, to make the whole thing plausible, he has to show great enthusiasm for DACA.

I don’t think the average supporter realizes just what a weak hand the President has, to do anything meaningful, with the Rinos there able to block him at every turn on the funding of anything he wants. They are even blocking their own conservative judge appointments. McConnell has refused flatly to drop the 60 rule in the Senate, which he could do, to get things through. Remember they all 100% blocked him on recess appointments. He has to dangle something in front of them, and this DACA thing, working with Democrats, is about the best hand he has. He has realized this from his inauguration, which is why he broke that promise to stop DACA on day 1. Risked losing supporters in order to keep the ace up his sleeve.

I consider Pres Trump to be a very brilliant great man, and America is lucky to have him. Whether America deserves that luck, remains to be seen. The type of supporters he has, seem to think they don’t have to do anything except whip him and leave him when he doesn’t do something the way they think it should be done. He has flogged himself 7 days a week for over two years, and has methodically done as much as he can, yet people ignore all that he has done, and still at the least little thing, scream out. Oh ye of little faith.

• ahem says:

You’re right, xyz: It ain’t over ’til it’s over.

Trump plays the long game. Miracles don’t happen overnight, and he’s one man, surrounded by enemies, working virtually alone. He’s not a cruel, ideological or inflexible person—he actually likes people—even Democrats. He wants to do the greatest good for the greatest number of Americans. Let’s not freak out and abandon him.

Metaphorically, his latest tactic is similar to flirting with another woman in order to make his ‘wife’ jealous–Proust wrote a whole book about falling madly in love with someone simply because they reject you. Perhaps Lyin and McLoser will be inspired to try a little harder to be cooperative now they see the President can date someone else. I’s amazing hoiw effective a little emotional blackmail can be. And who would have imagined that Schumer would be thrilled to be ‘liked’ by Trump? Emotion is very simple, but it can explain a lot of things aw well as move mountains.

What the president is doing now is a political tactic—nothing more. Ultimately, we’ll get most that for which we elected him. Ann Coulter et al. notwithstanding, it’s far too early to give up.

Deals are made when both sides get some of what they want, so it is irrational, selfish and childish to insist that Trump try to improve Washington without making any compromises. We voted for him to do what he had to do to get this country back on track, and we have to trust that he will use to best possible and most creative means available to him in any given set of circumstances.

One effect this hands-across-the-aisle is having is to calm the nerves of many dubious liberals and reducing the political temperature, which I also sense is a goal of his. It also puts Congress on track to start solving problems together, which has gone by the wayside in recent years. Laws that Congress enacts together have a far greater chance of standing the test of time,

President Triump is doing a brillinant job, and I am with him 100%.

• M. Mueller says:

Yes, xyz & Sundance, President Trump is the one in office trying to get the big things done – not the Ann Coulters of the world. The Roosevelt quote is excellent. It is so easy to critique – so hard to do.

If he has to use DACA to get it done, so be it. You notice that Congress is no longer talking about blanket amnesty for all illegals. The Present has moved the line forward from amnesty for all (the gang of 8) to DACA. Brilliant.

If we wanted to actually help MAGA, we’d, every single one of us, be yelling, screaming and making as much noise as we possibly can demanding the removal of McConnell and Ryan for working against our duly elected President.

There are MILLIONS of us. We can make so much noise about removing those two gas bags that we’d scare the liver out of every single politician.

Stop nitpicking and start making a huge noise about something that can actually help this country. Do it now.

If you trust someone, you back them to the hilt. I trust Trump!

• lfhbrave says:

Perhaps we all will learn something worthwhile from watching POTUS’s DACA deal-making with RINOs and Dimms in the next 3 to 6 months.

• Judith says:

My reply to xyzlatin: A HUGE component of MAGA, don’t ever forget, is President Trump charging out the gate to shred TPP, NAFTA and Paris “climate” Accord, and to open USA’s clean coal, oil and natural gas pipelines for business. This drove a stake right through their revenue streams and “open borders” human trafficking schemes.

While Uniparty were snickering over their wink-wink cabinet “plants” and fomenting “Russia Russia Russia” narratives, Trump’s economic policies basically neutered them, right then and there. American businesses, seeing the writing on the wall, immediately began moving their operations back to US soil.

Foreign countries, seeing their own economies teetering over the abyss, were eager to cooperate with Trump to avoid the fallout. He has even layered these economic “incentives” onto foreign policy to carve out peaceful alternatives to Uniparty’s warmongering ways. Can you say WINNING?

The holdouts, with trillions to lose, are obviously Globalist hedge fund bankers using super pacs to bribe our politicians and Enedia, to hound millions of Deplorables into submission. They will not succeed.

• thluckyone says:

THANK YOU, Judith! Wow, Judith MUST BE a warrior’s name! Sure am glad you’re on the side of MAGA! I think I’ve seen you posting before – but my old mind is slipping. Maybe I should remember but PLEASE stay with us!

• tempo150101 says:

Don’t worry about the wall. The existing 700 miles are being rebuilt and there is $1.6 billion dollars being appropriated for new wall construction. They say that there is 700 miles to 900 miles of wall that has to be completed to have an effective barrier. That $1.6 billion will probably build up to 72 miles of wall. If he builds that much wall in each of the years of his presidency, he will have built 288 miles of wall. That’s pretty good progress, IMO.

• wondering999 says:

By the way, I got an email soliciting mass $2 donations for building the wall, with a snailmail address at Trump Tower and an email that looked like the right one for Trump for President 2020 (but I’m not sure. I’m posting this to ask if anyone knows, I don’t trust automatically, especially since a lot of my emails come from the RNCC and might be sketchy)

If millions of Deplorables decided to chip in to a dedicated wall fund definitely going to Trump’s discretion, we might speed things up a bit… I just don’t trust my emails necessarily

• COlibertybelle says:

Brilliant post, xyz. You nailed it. Now is not the time for us to turn our backs on him….the going is tough but I am here for the long haul, along with millions of others, I believe. Stay the course.

• TPW says:

There is also one more gamble if I may……..We know now that GOPe supports keeping the DACA program along with Dems….even though they have different reasons…none of which benefit us by the way……anyway……I thinks Trump is gambling that DACA will hurt GOPe either because the cowards come to a stale mate because of the backlash…so Trump never has to vote either way…..I know he said he would revisit it…….but he can not pass a DACA program …he will just make GOPe remind us over and over how ineffective they are …..and most important they are liars and traitors…

7. carrierh says:

xyz, NO need to accept DACA at all because first of all it is illegal and that means we cannot and he will not break our laws and allow them to be here, PERIOD. Your logic is only half right and we must take back the reins and remove/drain Congress now to allow us and our country to be MAGA and we must assist our President that we prayed and fought hard to get instead of allowing our country to go to communism via the globalists. Illegals of any stripe must be removed in one way or another and our Congress better get its act together and do what they were hired to do and that is represent what WE THE PEOPLE want and we do not want illegals and chain families, etc. on our soil which we need for our real citizens! NO hedging, no allowing, no false compassion, just clear the deck of the leeches down to the 5th generation, and we are seeing the same thing with muslims here not wanting to be real American citizens, setting up sharia law, killing their daughters/wives, and almost all invited in by Obama. The pattern is consistent to destroy us and our country so all muslims and others who are leeching on us (muslims are mostly on welfare as well) must leave our soil. We must cleanse the soil so it will proper once more for real Americans!

• thluckyone says:

Agreed, carrierh. EVERY mosque and EVERY Islam related organization must be closed. All academic, medical, financial and commercial entities MUST stop doing business with any Muslim, any Muslim employee or any Islamic enterprise. All Muslims who do not choose to leave Islam must leave the Western Hemisphere. We can’t do this soon enough.

• harrietht3 says:

And God willing, we can stop buying our oil from them — the profits from which they use to undermine our civilization.

• LKA in LA says:

Good point. Do you know how many Muslim md’s there are practicing medicine here in the US? Many. I point blank ask one in Alabama one time after 9 11, “Do Muslims really think America is the devil?” His answer, without eye contact, was, “Not all but many.”

The muslim men, including md’s, dress as normal American professionals. Their wives do not. At professional functions, you (male or female) are not permitted to talk or make eye contact with the wives. They are also not allowed to mix with American women.

Keep your eyes open and support American physicians.

• carrierh I don’t think xyz means that we have to accept DACA. My take on his comment is that Trump is using that ace because that’s what the uniparty wants. He is using it as leverage. In the end, he doesn’t have to sign any legislation for DACA.

• TPW says:

I have a fantasy that a panel of patriotic citizens make House and Senate testify before them. Then the questions that NEVER get asked are put before them. Questions like….How is it our country has enough money to continually support illegals, other countries when our own citizens are told that money they have paid in is not there for them. I could go on but I bet you all have your favorite question…….The US average Citizen is NEVER brought into any important discussion either in the halls of congress or in the MSM.

8. Chad C. Mulligan says:

Judge Moore is going to send the globalist cabal another message shortly.

9. tigsmom says:

If you haven’t read “The Art of the Deal”, do so. It explains much of our President’s unique approach to things. I find it really calming when the madness of “he said this or that” takes over.

10. TatonkaWoman says:

Sundance: thank you. Perfect message at the perfect time. Period

11. georgiafl says:

Lee – a new named storm in the Atlantic following José and just behind another storm not yet named.

12. NYGuy54 says:

Who are some of the people posting in this thread? I have never seen their names before. Suspicious cat indeed.

13. alligatriot says:

Sundance, get some rest, man!
    Thank you for your timely post this morning.

I especially like the line from TR’s quote: “The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena…”

It’s easy to throw rocks from the sidelines, but until you’ve been in the arena, it’s wise to hold your fire sometimes.
    And as one who is not afraid to return to arena time and time again – thank you so much for your dedicated efforts!

14. ledygrey says:

Thank you, Sundance, and your team, for all you do and say.

15. TexasDude says:

There is no politician other than Trump that is willing to lay it on the line for America.

None.

The Democrat party broke from the Union mainly over slavery and then put an entire race under subjugation for 100 years.

The Republican party lost it’s soul after Reagan and has been selling out America and her citizens for almost 30 years, probably more.

Trump is it.

What’s next after Trump?

• thluckyone says:

Thank you, TD! ABSOLUTELY! NOBODY even sorta qualifies for the job this incredible man is doing. Somebody could do a really funny stand-up routine just calling out the names of the pretenders that would’ve wished they could be in the place of THE LION! I might die laughing (and happy!) if our buddy Joe Dan from Intellectual Froglegs filmed a skit like that. THANK YOU for being here! DAMN, I love the Treehouse!

16. Jimmy Jack says:

I’m thinking about and praying for you Treepers in FL and TX daily. Sending you my hopes for an eased burden.

• gregorian chanter says:

The most important thing for him to do is focus on the things that will last for decades after he is gone- the Wall, SCOTUS appointments, etc…things that cannot be changed for decades or ever. When Reagan was President, he had to deal with a Democratic Congress and Senate and still got about 80% of his agenda. His most lasting agenda was a permanent one, the Berlin Wall tumbling down. President Trump will not get 100% of his (our) agenda either. That will be the reality of it. But he will do an excellent job and there are many permanent changes in the near future, several of which have already been instigated. So keep the faith. Lastly, if you ever have any doubts about President Trump being in office, just take a step back, take a deep breath, and remember who the alternative could have been and the full blown Middle East prelude to World War Three we would be in the midst of right now, among other things.

17. jefcool64 says:

Internet and power is back. What’s with the sudden cynicism from everywhere I go for news now? Must be a new attempt to divide and conquer the base. It won’t work, the more they do it the more they sound like the old media pundits.

Not here on the treehouse though. Good to see you all again.

On a side note, I think Governor Scott of Florida is a robot. He’s literally everywhere on the local channels. Anyone think he’s hiding some kind of robot controls under his Navy cap?

• thluckyone says:

Good to see you back with us, jc64. Yup. The cynicism is sneaking in – I think – because our beloved Sundance is actually engaged in the hands-on-struggle to save lives and property. The bastards wait until his back is turned (and him trying to do RIGHTEOUS work). Pay them no mind. The loyal treepers are still here and we still LOVE our President! WELCOME BACK, jefcool64 and MAGA!!

18. MfM says:

Every day is closer to that six month shut off for DACA. Every day means they are less likely to get any bill for Trump to sign. And if there is a bill that gets pasted… it doesn’t mean Trump will sign it.

How many rallies is Trump going to have in the next five months? How many chants of ‘Build the Wall’ and ‘No DACA’ are going to be yelled? How many calls to Senators and Congress-critters are going to be made to make sure the Wall is built and that DACA doesn’t continue.

• Yep. DACA is already dead. It’s done. Toast. Expired. It’s off the twig! It’s kicked the bucket, It’s shuffled off ‘is mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleedin’ choir invisible This Parrot is no more. It has ceased to be.

They have to come up with something NEW if they want to *replace* the Dead DACA Parrot. Congress can’t agree long enough to pass a fart, much less meaningful legislation. And this is SuperCharged with headwinds against it. Oh wait, and midterms are coming.

Yet everybody’s betting against Trump. Seem familiar?

Yeah, Trump’s finished again….for the 756th time in 2 years.

19. citizen817 says:

Trump’s election confirmed one thing for certain: The Deep State is real.

20. kinthenorthwest says:

Guess jacket and the blocks of the Kevlar bullet-proof vest explain all the nasty comments about Trump’s weight. I so hate it when they attack the looks of someone. Oh I attacked Michelle’s weight, but that was because of her crazy school lunch program that apparently she wasn’t following.

21. PDQ says:

• MfM says:

I loved her dress at the Easter Egg Roll which I believe that’s from. I think you forgot the /s sarcasm tag for CNN. They never publish anything good about Melania.

22. PDQ says:

23. Founding Fathers Fan says:

Hurricanes are related to sun spots not glo-bull warming.

24. Wiggyky says:

I thought I was going to read about President Trump and Melania being in Florida. Instead I had the feeling I was reading the Presidential Politics thread.

While I’m at it, Mrs Trump — where oh where is your FLOTUS cap? Please go back to wearing it on trips like this.

25. progpoker says:

• georgiafl says:

I expect President Trump to give the Congress critters a chance to do the right thing within a set amount of time – before the election in November.

Then, if they refuse to rectify the tax code, repeal Obamacare, rectify DACA & Immigration, and any other legislation he requires – he will unleash his voters upon them like a plague, as well as a stream of Executive Orders to rectify the situation – as much as possibly can be done legally.

26. dbobway says:

Amnesty is not a black and white issue. I wish it was. I’ve been in construction all my life, a construction worker. I say this to qualify my feelings, as my career was badly damaged by illegal immigration. I lived and worked in Colorado back in the 70’s. I-25 was the highway illegals traveled looking for work. California was the other passage into American jobs for illegals. There were these lime green suburbans the Feds used to travel these highways pulling over construction trucks, They would pull the illegals out of these trucks and send them home. They would get deported, visit family and be back to work within a week. So our porous boarder goes back a long time.
    When Reagan came on as President he knew a lot about this because he was the California governor. In my life time, I was born in 55′, Ronald Reagan was gifted with moral clarity far beyond any President we’ve had. I think that is what possessed him to trade amnesty of 6 million illegal aliens for BORDER SECURITY. Sadly he did it backwards and 2 years later we elected 28 years of globalists, who shoved border security into a drawer, and the invasion began.
    In the early 90’s Reagan’s economy had exploded. I moved back to NC and watched 1/2 a million illegals come in to our state, greeted with open arms by big business, that would even help pay money to get more workers when needed. North Carolina had 1 field agent for the whole state and 1 immigration office in Charlotte for immigration business. If a worker were here legally and needed an extended work visa, he would have to stand in line for48 hours to see someone. This just got worse to the point, nobody in the state or local Federal government were do anything about all these people pouring in. It became impossible for legal immigrants to stay legal, but nobody seemed to care except for the American worker sitting at home or making 1/2 the wages he used to. African Americans were especially effected.
    I know people who came here legally who are Grandfathers here now. They’ve been here for 50 years. They are not legal today. I know illegal aliens who are better at being Americans than half of the people who voted for Hillary.

So, Border security first, Then deport all criminals. Enforce business laws against hiring illegals and cut off government give aways. if you get into the government system for the wrong reason, they get a free ride home.
    When all of that has been implemented in place. We will see where we’re at.
    Having a hissy fit over a true number of DACA people left after we put our laws in place and working? I figure 250,000 at most would be left.

If by then we haven’t put America back to work, then deporting the rest may be necessary.
    I would have a tough time with that.

• wondering999 says:

Thank you dbobway. The details count. The illegals came here by invitation of former government/businesses, sometimes even recruited. The abandonment of our laws has been the problem, not these people looking to feed their families after NAFTA wrecked Mexican small fry to enrich a few people who don’t give a ____

• yy4u says:

I’d impose JAIL TIME for every employer who hired an illegal. Six months per illegals. Six illegals = 36 months in the slammer. No parole, no time served. Put a couple of developers in prison and hiring illegals stops immediately. And that includes housewives who hire illegals as their nannies.

• Bet it felt good to get that off your chest, but while you are enjoying the afterglow riddle me this Batman. How are you going to deal with the fact that employers are shown phony ID’s, e-verify doesn’t work reliably?

There was even a judge recently who was discovered to be an illegal alien (she’s still a judge by the way). I have know people who found out their nanny was illegal after she had worked for them for 5 years. She had come to them from an agency and they had paperwork saying she was a legal resident and had been bonded. As dbobway says its a complex issue that deserves to be unwrapped one layer at a time by following triage. When the wall is build and criminal aliens, who have committed crimes in our country or belong to gangs are gone, when welfare to aliens and ESL studies are ended will will have a small enough remaining number to allow the justice system & immigration courts to function in America’s best interests.

• dbobway says:

If one guy got that conviction it would be the last one.

27. thesavvyinvester says:

“Do you know why President Trump wears that black windbreaker? Because it helps disguise the blocks of the Kevlar bullet-proof vest he’s forced to wear under it. Think about it for a minute.”

Sundance, thank you for saying it. I am sure many here thought like I did, man it is hot in FLA and he’s wearing a dark jacket, it has got to sweltering, but in our hearts we knew why. It is not that we liked it, just the opposite. It is sad that he as too, because we have people here in America ( and elsewhere ) that are frankly sick in the head. We will continue to pray for President Trump, his Family, the US of A, and further draining of the Swamp.

• Kathy says:

President Trump may have a higher tolerance for heat years and years of playing golf in hot weather. I remember family weddings in the mid-Atlantic region attended by relatives from both Florida and Maine. Sixty degrees was considered “freezing” by the Florida folks and “sweltering” by the Maine folks.

• Sylvia Avery says:

That may be true. But let me tell you those vests are heavy and hot, and then to have a dark jacket on over it in 90 degree heat with high humidity? Not fun. But he carried it off.

• Your Tour Guide says:

Took my kids to Tybee Island over Spring Break a few years back.
        It was unseasonably cool most of the time, and stayed overcast.
        They all had windbreakers on most of the time.
        Every day we were there, we saw people out playing in the surf
        in their swim suits. My kids asked “What’s wrong with these people?
        It’s freezing!!”
        “Look at their license plates”, I replied.” I’ll bet they all say Ohio,
        Michigan, Pennyslvania, Wisconsin, Ontario”. The parking lot was
        full of Michigan and Ohio that day. When I was growing up in Ohio,
        people started putting on shorts when the thermometer hit 50.

28. Dennis Leonard says:

We need to get Don Surber in here with Sundance,thanks for posting on his site.

AnonymousSeptember 16, 2017 at 10:45 AM

Don I have posted this on the treehouse in comments, but I hope it will be of interest to you.
    Here is my assessment of what Pres Trump is doing. Bear with my logic.

CDM

• LULU says:

On “supporters” who threaten to leave President Trump, I am reminded of something my wise elder son once said to me. I had told him my disappointment at “losing” a longtime friend over something very trivial, a misunderstanding. Someone who should have known me well, known my soul and my ethics. She decided she didn’t want to be a friend anymore.

He said: “Mom, that was not a friend you lost.”

I feel the same way about these persons who profess to have been for President Trump but are ready to dump him. I don’t believe they were ever for him. Just a device to strengthen their weak position.

29. Joe says:

“Manifest Destiny.” At one time was the world’s most powerful political statement. It literally led to the making of a country out of a continent. And not just ANY country but the greatest Republic since the Roman Republic.

“Don’t you have a heart?” That one sentence is the most powerful political statement in Modern American history and dare I say modern world history?

It led to the take over of the most populous and wealthiest state in the country, California – the literal crown jewel of “Manifest Destiny.” California is now a Mexican colony who defies federal law by paying fealty to their illegal colonizers. Declaring themselves a “Sanctuary State” is just one in the long list of actions that de facto makes California a Mexican colony.

It was 1986 when the ladder statement eclipsed the former.

“Don’t you have a heart?” Was the rallying cry in 1986 to allow illegal colonizers to stay.

“Don’t you have a heart?” Was the rallying cry to allow illegal colonizers to vote.

“Don’t you have a heart?” Was the rallying cry to allow illegal colonizers to bring their extended family and give them citizenship.

“Don’t you have a heart?” Was the rallying cry to allow illegal colonizers to have anchor babies – automatic citizenship. More extended family, automatic citizenship.

And now? “Don’t you have a heart?” Is STILL rolling on. It is the rallying cry of 2017 to extend 800,000 more colonizers, but now it is Texas and Florida they will colonize. You see, California doesn’t need them anymore, it is a spectacular success as a colony.

Of course, “Don’t you have a heart?” Will be used to give these new colonists the vote.

“Don’t you have a heart?” Will be used to bring them their families.

In Mexico and many other lands “Don’t you have a heart?” will encourage others to illegally immigrate and wait for the next amnesty and they will do it by the MILLIONS.

Yes, two simple sentences: “Manifest Destiny” & “Don’t you have a heart?” Had/have the power to change the world.

Astounding!

• CleanhouseinDC says:

And those of us who object to another round of colonization are trolls.

• Joe says:

Don’t take the bait. Ignore that part of comment and reply with facts and historical precedence.

Truth, history and facts are on our side.

We can’t do this without President Trump plus he implored us to hold him to his promises.

Show him the grassroots are behind him and will support the stand against amnesty and remind him that he will go down as one of the greatest American Presidents in history if he just sticks to the pillars of his candidacy.

Illegal immigration and no amnesty were pillars and there can be no argument about that.

No more California’s!

30. LULU says:

On DACA, Obie had Janet Napolitano pull off that policy memorandum (known as DACA) because he was confident Congress would never go for an extension of their stay here and he didn’t want to put himself on the line with a full-fledged Executive Order.

Now DACA has been rescinded. Deportations are on a six month hold to give Congress a chance to have a go at whatever they want to try.

The ball is now in Congress’s court, where it should have been back then. Does anyone really believe it has a greater chance of succeeding now than it would have back then? With the 2018 election looming?

31. RyderLee says:

I see this Theodore Roosevelt quote applying to Sundance also !
    Thank you for Everything You Do , Sundance ! God Bless You .

32. wodiej says:

Thank you Sundance. My feelings as well.

33. Apfelcobbler says:

As many people said upthread, Trump was the single candidate to discuss the ´immigration’ invasion. The topic’s been verboten since 1965. Interest groups and their media pieces made decades-long, round-the-clock efforts to hide facts, lie, distort statistics, cajole, taunt, manipulate, and pull heartstrings. Finally, one man singlehandedly brought the topic out of the shadows and onto the table, and spotlit it! The result? Exploding immigration is no longer an inevitable foregone conclusion! It’s now vulnerable and up for grabs! Simply as a result of discussion!

One thing we know from past experience is that Trump always comes back after what sounds ambiguous. But he returns to his position. Every. Single. Time. How many times since Inauguration have we experienced a big “Oh No!!” only to breathe a huge sigh of relief a few days later? Well, enough times that I remember thinking, “I must remember this in the future!” People are experiencing a crisis in confidence – not with the President – but with themselves. Because this is difficult and

He opened with rescinding DACA. Then he employed Nancy/Chuck’s high-value bargaining chip In negotiation. In the process we see Nancy/Chuck doing their utmost to put America Last. (Curious how they care more deeply about their treasured fifth column pets than they do any African Americans.) Think of the effort Chuck and Nancy will be required to put in between now and the 5+ month deadline …”. They will be screaming for extensions around the time they should be demonstrating some concern for Americans – under an election spotlight! That is brilliant!

It feels like critics are hurting Trump and MAGA, but there’s another way to interpret the heat. “Holding Trump’s feet to the fire” (as I assume earnest critics see themselves doing) reveals the unwavering and unambiguous groundswell of determination and common sense from the American People – that same consensus the Globalists were (and are) desparate to ignore, deny, and lie about in 2016.

That’s important in this era of intimidation. If we lose our respect for the 1st Amendment and cannot tolerate dissent within our own ranks, we will lose America. Most Americans understand this, but it’s not something that comes naturally to the rest of the world, including most of our new arrivals. And it certainly has been dropped from public education. We can retain our culture and traditions through practice, until regaining control of our institutions. Children must see this in their everyday lives, since academia is deliberately teaching the destruction of our traditions.

Sure, I’d rather people exercise self-restraint in criticizing the President. We wouldn’t be discussing this at all if it weren’t for DJT! Not a single one of us could have foreseen any public airing of immigration even 2 years ago – let alone from any conservative perspective! Candidates will be forced to acknowledge the public’s reaction. It encourages others to pick up the ball and kick it down the field – around and past those dastardly GOP fumblers secretly playing against us.

Reversing 50 years of progressive rot is a multi-generational effort. We are just a few paces down the path, but so far Trump has been phenomenal at clearing the brush. The simple, straightforward moves are already exhausted and Trump has earned the implicit request that we trust him – especially regarding the critical matter he chose to expose at great personal risk. It obviously came down to a matter of survival, in his estimation.

34. Excuse me for reposting these two (I hope I’m not overstepping) but I really liked these two comments. I have liked most of them but these really resonated:

Bongobear says: