President Donald Trump, First-Lady Melania Trump, Vice-President Mike Pence and Second-Lady Karen Pence are all heading to Florida to visit first-responders, rescue and recovery workers and see the challenges first hand – Tomorrow:

Press Secretary Sarah Sanders has shared an expectation that President Trump and First Lady Melania are going to be in the Naples and Fort Myers area; that’s Lee County in Southwest Florida.

I’m hopeful the President brings Homeland Security Advisor Tom Bossert with him to review rescue, recovery and rebuilding efforts.  As a Floridian I find myself having high confidence in Bossert’s articulate approach focusing on root issues, getting government out of the way, and not getting dragged in the weeds and paralysis of bureaucratic analysis. [If there’s one cat who can figure out the logistics of the fuel issues, Bossert seems like the guy to deliver.]

In times such as these, we see the strength and the resolve of the American spirit, and we see the kindness and courage of people nationwide…President Trump, his cabinet, and his entire administration are working closely with state and local officials and private sector organizations to help save lives, protect families, and assist those in need.

This entry was posted in Donald Trump, Hurricane Irma, media bias, Melania Trump, Mike pence, President Trump, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

217 Responses to Our President Heads To Florida – President Trump, First Lady Melania Trump, Vice-President Mike Pence and Second Lady Karen Pence…

1. sundance says:

Boy, I’d like to thump this guy…. 😀

2. TrueNorthSeeker says:

I too am very impressed with Tom Bossert. He’s professional, competent, articulate, and smart enough to not fall for the hystrionics of the MSM (Acosta) and their climate change nonsence. I found his briefing yesterday to be most refreshing. This is what a competent and capable official looks like!

• carrierh says:

To date I like all Trump’s appointees because they are sharp, informed, and started working to get things done right off the bat. Pleased that the Trumps are going to Florida because the more people see them and the VP and Karen, the more they will understand they have a President who cares!!!

• Ditch Mitch says:

Almost as if every WH Staffer and Cabinet member who attends a presser knows exactly what to do, how to act, where to cut things off. Not to mention all WH attendees know their ship. Can you say Leadership!

3. janc1955 says:

How neat would it be if SD got to meet POTUS, FLOTUS, and the gang?! 🙂

4. Lyon says:

I live in Ponte Vedra Beach (North Florida) and one thing the news failed to report is that we had a Nor’Easter for three days prior to the Hurricane.

The flooding was brutal but thankfully not like Houston.

Anyway, my wife and I were up until 3am bailing water out of our “Florida Room” with electricity on and everything basically okay.

I passed out and when I woke up it looked a bomb had gone off and the wind sounded like a freight train.

Lost power for 36 hours.

That makes it 2 years in a row we’ve been nailed by a Hurricane……I’m thinking of moving to like Maine or something.

5. lastinillinois says:

The first thing that came to my mind after reading Pres. Trump’s “I will be travelling …. to meet with our great …… ” tweet above:
    How many times has our President Trump made positive comments – even on tough subject matter – already in less than 8 months in office?

And then compare that to how many times Obama equivocated on even the least contentious issues, choosing to criticize the US at seemingly every turn.

What a difference I feel this year, just waking up in the morning feels better.

6. TheWanderingStar says:

Acosta. Always thinking about himself first.

7. NJF says:

Shoe watch!!!

Looking forward to seeing POTUS & FLOTUS giving their support.

8. NJ Transplant says:

I spoke to my friend in Ft. Lauderdale today. He says it is a mess and no electricity. Temperatures are in the 90’s and humid. It is so awful there and they didn’t get hit directly.

This new hurricane Jose is scary. It is going up the eastern seaboard and is very slow. It looks like it will miss Florida. Thank God. We may even get a bit of it in Maine. I am so glad to have moved out of NJ. One of these days, they will get the really big one and Sandy won’t even look that bad. Sandy was horrible.

Sundance – I hope things get better for you soon. We are all praying for you.

9. maiingankwe says:

There are some really brilliant people working on our belhaf and our President. I don’t think past administrations would have thought of or even allowed bypassing regulations to get the job done quicker and more efficiently.

Someone may have come up with idea of doing this and this only to realize there was a regulation in place and would then move on to try out other ideas. At least that is how I see it. I never heard of past presidents allowing regulations to fall on the wayside to help people being affected by disasters. I may be wrong, but I don’t think so.

It also seems to me that Bossert has spent a great deal of time trying to figure out how to get from A to B the quickest and most efficient way. It also seems that he cares a great deal about people he doesn’t even know. All he knows is there are Americans who are really hurting and that seems good enough for him to use his brilliancy. I’m so proud of him. I hope he gets the recognition he deserves even if I don’t think that is why he is doing it. He’s doing it for the love and compassion for all of us, simply because we live in the same great country. God Bless him.

• Sylvia Avery says:

Yes, I’m kind of in awe. Never seen anything like this. So smart.

I realize from reading Sundance’s updates that it isn’t perfect, they could have done better, and that there are people suffering. But considering how BIG this storm was and the challenges implicit it dealing with Florida I am flat out amazed at how this is going so far and how few lives have been lost.

I realize that is cold comfort if your loved one is one of the ones lost, but given the scope of the destruction I still can’t hardly believe how few lives were lost.

God bless you Floridians.

• The Boss says:

You always have such nice posts, maiingankwe.

10. Sandra-VA says:

I also really like Bossert, one of the most reassuring people I have ever heard during disasters over the years.

As for the gas situation, another new element that was intro’d for this disaster was the government working with private groups like Gas Buddy to assess needs/impacts etc. They were able to zero in on where the issues with fuel were almost immediately. Very good partnering!!!

Let’s hope that Florida does a lessons learned exercise and adjusts planning accordingly. Given the nature of the area, getting fuel only from tankers would seem problematic. They need an emergency fuel holding area… or something similar. Maybe they need to use pipes!

• woodstuff says:

“fuel holding area”. I have noticed that larger truck stops have fairly large above-ground tanks. Of course these are diesel. I don’t know how they are fed, (by tanker trucks or pipeline?) This is a consideration, but I have no clue about how to rotate the gasoline or to implement it generally.

11. wheatietoo says:

Thanks for letting us know how things are going for you, Sundance.
    You’re in our prayers.

This is a small indicator that things are getting better:

12. Pam says:

I’m glad to see that POTUS, FLOTUS, VP & Second Lady are all going on this trip. I totally agree with Sundance about Bossert. I don’t think I’d be stretching to call this man a genius. He’s excellent at what he does.

13. Pam says:

14. Pam says:

15. Pam says:

16. Pam says:

17. Pam says:

18. janc1955 says:

My sister and family dodged a yuge bullet on Snell Island in St. Pete. Zero damage to their home. No electricity as of yet, but she says the electric company(ies?) are working their tails off.

19. visage13 says:

My goodness a hurricane just destroyed many parts of FL (scariest thing I ever went though, just got my power and internet back, no damage, I faired well) and these idiots are still asking about Charlottesville? I love Sarah but I just cannot stand these people who asks these dumb questions.

20. Friend just reported her sister in Port Charlotte (West Coast Florida) sees alligators swimming in front yard, just spotted 3 footer…their house ok, getting around by boat…

…head on a swivel folks, head on a swivel 🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸💖💕💖🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸

21. Pam says:

22. Pam says:

23. Pam says:

24. Texian says:

“..[If there’s one cat who can figure out the logistics of the fuel issues, Bossert seems like the guy to deliver.]..”.

I’ll make it easy for Bossert.. “pipeline”..

25. MrACC says:

God bless our President! You know if the hurricane relief efforts, in both Houston and in FL were going anything other than PERFECT – we’d be hearing about it on the news, non-stop. It’s telling that the lame media isn’t even covering much of the efforts in either place much anymore. It’s unfortunate that the media won’t cover the patriots coming together, helping each other out – like our Sundance. God bless you Sundance and thank you for all of your efforts. You are a true patriot walking with the cross of Jesus tight on your back! I hope you get a chance to see our President tomorrow!

• Your Tour Guide says:

Which brings up a crying need. Maybe one of the Christian channels
      can do this. Why can’t we get constant, ongoing coverage of Hueston
      and Florida residents coming together, facing their problems, and getting
      it done?
      How many persons would tune in and follow the updates on challenges
      faced, problems solved? How many persons would get the possibility of
      watching something other then manufactured crisis ( Charlottesville)?
      The MSM is in full negative mode now that Trump is in office. Isn’t it
      time somebody does extensive coverage of the basic good of man to
      balance all their B.S. out?

26. Pam says:

27. Pam says:

28. Pam says:

29. Pam says:

30. Pam says:

31. Texian says:

The recent fuel problem is indicative of many areas in the infrastructure of this Country. The population influx on top of a domestic population increase upon an aging an overburdened infrastructure coupled with an increasing amount of debilitating bureaucracy that has so bogged down the wheels of infrastructure repair and progress that it has now become a collapsing system.

That is what we are witnessing right now..

32. Pam says:

33. wondering999 says:

I was happy to read from Frangelica that her mom and parrot were able to take refuge inland, thanks to a hospitable caregiver and her family.

I want to bring up something that is bothering me. I have helped out in group homes where some of the residents had histories of violent behavior when they were not taking their meds. Being a caregiver for a coniderate elderly lady in full possession of her faculties is a sweet job. Being a caregiver for several 250 lb. people who are unstable when triggered, is another thing. During ice storms I know that caregivers have been stuck without decent sleep for nights on end, confined to single apartments with unstable people they take care of.

Disability advocates like single apartments for the most difficult people. I get that, in normal circumstances; but under difficult circumstances, caregivers are actually in danger, especially if for any reason the medications run out.

Just want to bring this up for people to think about. We need more people from the churches and community groups to do caregiving on the weekends/evenings to get a sense of what is needed and what families and caregivers are up against in some cases. Without the experience, it might be unimaginable. I hope that all such group homes or private apartments in Florida have been provided for and that all, clients and caregivers and families alike, are safe. Bipolar/schizophrenia and meltdowns of various types can be very damaging for all in the vicinity

34. ruralnc says:

I’m wishing for President Trump to shake Sundance’s hand tomorrow and thank him for his heroic efforts to have helped and saved so many people. If it’s not possible for tomorrow, I truly believe it will happen one day.

35. LBB says:

Whatever “moment” Acosta gets into, I am going to assume it’s staged first, unless undisputable.

36. David says:

I live in Clearwater FL.
    I am not one who complains. Yes, we are out of power and it’s a problem but we are alive, and I have already repaired the minor damage to the roof. A few days ago, no one knew what will happen, that was stressful to say the least.
    I want to share one lesson. Please, please, please, ignore your human nature of thinking that you and your family are immune to disasters and take the time and think it over. Think all the possible details and be prepared. I mean at least one supper secure room, a generator, medical supplies, dry food supplies, lights, a plan, etc…
    When disaster is nearby it’s too late. You owe it to yourself and family. We were very lucky this time because it was only Category 1 by the time it arrived here, but I believe that many learned the lesson of how unprepared they were and how hard it is to get things when it’s at the last minute.
    Don’t save money when it’s the safety of your family and don’t fall into the human nature of thinking you are immune to disasters. Next time I will be so prepared that I can rapidly and easily get the whole checklist done in minimal time.

• Ad rem says:

Aghhh….after everything you’ve been through, WP goes and sticks your comment in the spam bin. Please excuse their massive insensitivity, not to mention the delayed posting. 😦

37. David says:

As a Floridian there is a great feeling of “Trump got our backs”. I wouldn’t have felt so with another president, heavens forbid with Hillary. I don’t personally need any help in this case but many do.

38. Pam says:

39. Pam says:

40. vanwinkle says:

whats wrong with this picture? the president and the vice president are traveling together?
    if the plane goes down Both are taken out. I thought they werent allowed to do that?