We received a tip a few weeks ago that President Trump might be attending the national Boyscout Jamboree in West Virginia this year.  Well, it appears to be confirmed for Monday night July 24thVERY EXCITING

(Boy Scouts of America) On Monday evening, July 24, the President of the United States, Donald J. Trump, will become the eighth president to visit a national jamboree. President Trump’s visit will precede that evening’s stadium show. Experiencing a presidential visit is a once-in-a-lifetime experience — all Scouts, Venturers, leaders, and staff should begin preparing for one of the Jamboree’s signature moments.  (read more)

The Monday night event takes place at the Boy Scouts of America venue AT&T Summit Stadium, which is located on 10,600 acres of property adjacent to West Virginia’s New River Gorge National River, the Summit Bechtel Family National Scout Reserve.

The Jamboree has a scheduled gathering at 7:30pm titled “Fellowship and Service”.  President Trump’s visit and remarks appear scheduled just before this event.  President Obama never attended, however President George W Bush and President Clinton did attend.  History of Presidential Attendance HERE

This entry was posted in Christian Values, Patriotism, President Trump, Uncategorized, USA. Bookmark the permalink.

215 Responses to Confirmed: President Trump Will Attend National Boyscout Jamboree Monday, July 24th…

1. MaineCoon says:

Wonder if TRex will be with him!

• reggiemeezer says:

After stabbing the BSA in the back, I hope not!

• P7rancher says:

Please go away, On second thought stay around and learn something, you clearly are a lost soul.

• joshua says:

after reading your posts about the BSA…you seem to be a tragic lost soul without much vision or trust in others. learn that the BSA national headquarters organization is NOT the local troop and scout member PROGRAMS.

• georgiafl says:

Mr. Tillerson and the others scout officials who gave in to the LBGTXYZ activists made a grave mistake by affirming the homosexual lifestyle and especially by allowing homosexual leaders. This is not a normal healthy lifestyle and decades of studies prove it.
        In fact, the Boy Scouts have been sued numerous times because of kids getting molested by these leaders.

Some tragic facts:
        Youth age 13-24 engaging in homosexual activities account for 92% of all new HIV diagnoses:

“There were 395,216 reported cases of gonorrhea last year, and the STD has become progressively difficult to treat. Scientists at the CDC warned in July that the bacterium that causes gonorrhea, called Neisseria gonorrhoeae, is developing resistance to the antibiotic drugs used to treat it.
        Men who have sex with men accounted for the majority of new gonorrhea cases last year, and antibiotic-resistant gonorrhea was found to possibly be higher among the group, the new report showed.
        Overall, young people and gay and bisexual men face the greatest risk of getting a STD, according to the new report. It’s estimated that about half of the nearly 20 million new STD cases reported annually are among 15 to 24 year olds.”

• jaded9876 says:

He was there yesterday!

• Alison says:

I hope Sec Tillerson attends. He has been a great leader & role model for Boy Scouts of America.

• mireilleg says:

I would think that only state department business or a family emergency could keep him away. T Rex represents the scouts in every way. My son attended the jamboree in 1993, a memorable experience. Both my husband and I were very involved in scouting back in the days. As a woodbadger I am so thrilled that Potus will be there. So happy I cannot tell you. But then I still cry at every Eagle ceremony.

• Plain Jane says:

FWIW:
      My neighbor’s son is there and she said PDJT will be here tomorrow and that TRex was there already. Don’t know if this is fact though she said the kids call him TRex.

2. Minnie says:

On first glance, it looked like “Boycott Jamboree” 😁

3. The Devilbat says:

President Trump is ALWAYS prepared.

• WSB says:

I do not want to be a Debbie Downer and hope all of the scouts have a wonderful life-cahnging experience, but I hope President Trump and his handlers are prepared.

Frankiln Roosevelt attended in 1921, not too far from West Point at Bear Mountain State Park. That event would change his world forever.

With all of the new problems we have with children’s disease lately, my antenna always spikes about this story.

• MfM says:

It is likely President Trump will be there just for the speech and not stay for an extended time. Unfortunately security will be high and not relaxed until he leaves.

He can either drive in or helicopter in. There is a landing pad that meets whatever requirements that were needed when it was built.

There are over 1,000 National Guard there using the Jamboree as training.

• Oldschool says:

Not to worry too much wsb. Most of the weird childhood illnesses nowadays are attributed to the immigrant population. Scouting has not been hit with that demographic to any real degree.

• wheatietoo says:

WSB, our President has been travelling the world, shaking hands with people from all over the planet.

I would imagine that he’s had every vaccination known to man…and maybe even a few we haven’t heard of yet.
        Don’t you think?

So let not your heart be troubled, about this one.

4. fleporeblog says:

Not a coincidence at all that it is in Shelly Moore Capito’s state of WV! The Medicaid Whores are dying a slow and painful death! Tuesday our Lion will be in OH where another of the Medicaid Whores resides. AK, NV, ND your States are next! Don’t FU….K with the Lion because you will be eaten!

• WeThePeople2016 says:

fleporeblog: Mike Pence just spoke in Ohio tonight at a GOP dinner, and he ripped the state of Ohio on the mess they are in on Healthcare. He also went after the GOP Senators to get the job done.

• fleporeblog says:

WeThePeople2016 that is music to my ears! They are putting the full court press which has me now from 65% to 75% that it gets done this week!

• WeThePeople2016 says:

My concern is that Rand Paul will be on with Maria Bartiromo tomorrow morning on FOX. One can only guess what he is going to say, again.

• Question Everything says:

Whatever gets him attention. I try hard and sometimes I agree with him but he seems to like to be the fly in the ointment rather than the cure.

• fleporeblog says:

Don’t be! We know he is a NO for the repeal and repeal but would vote yes on Tuesday if the repeal only bill as well as the others are allowed to be brought to the floor to be voted on. McConnell and his folks said anyone can suggest an amendment with votes happening. That is huge because the Medicaid Whores will be screwed and will have to vote yes as well. Don’t be afraid to watch and report back.

• fleporeblog says:

From the article linked above:

Sen. Rand Paul appears to be inching closer to helping GOP leaders get a healthcare bill over a procedural hurdle, The Hill reported.

• fleporeblog says:

The Whores are dying a slow slow death! I just raised the likelihood to 85% after reading this article!

From the article linked above:

The Senate Conservatives Fund on Tuesday vowed to mount primary challenges next year to Republican senators who vote against repealing Obamacare next week.

“Republicans have promised to repeal Obamacare for years and now with President [Donald] Trump in the White House, there is no excuse for them to break their promise,” the super PAC, headed by former Virginia Attorney General Ken Cuccinelli, said on its website.

• Phil aka Felipe says:

Love how they are adding a little “tenderizer” here and there.

• rf121 says:

That is it. You are doing a diservice to whores. These are hags.

• akearn says:

Flep, I love your optimism, please keep it coming!! You are educating me and keeping me focused, as I’ve lost all patience. Plus, I laugh every single time I see your “Medicaid WHORES.” I’ve adopted it. Hilarious and so true. Thank you!

• Maquis says:

That is wonderful news! I called my Rep, McMorris-Rogers and Ryan and Rep Garrett that filed the discharge petition last week the day he announced. Wrote all of them too.

Didn’t call my Senators, the odious McMurray and Cantwell, they are, well, you already created a fitting appellation, so we’ll just say they are that and leave it be. But I will contact them anyway, they need to know they are fighting the will of the people, and that 2018 is going to be a bloodbath for the murderous Alinskyites.

This is war.

• BebeTarget says:

W T P . . . . I heard Rand Paul say he will vote yes IF they get rid of the insurance company bailout. That is reasonable. Why should we put the insurance companies’ welfare head of our citizens? Let the free market take care of things.

• Phil aka Felipe says:

fleporeblog, Trump is wise to spend more time out of the Washington Swamp with WE, The People who love him.

His soul will be refreshed, his spirit strengthened, and his mind renewed.

That is what we are here for. For him and each other. To edify which means to build up one another.

Trump is a builder and so are we.

Together, with the help and guidance of the Lord, we can MAGA!

• WeThePeople2016 says:

Also, Senators Barrasso and Thune are going to make the case on two different shows tomorrow. I believe that Barrasso is on Face the Nation which is the same show Susan Collins will be on, so he will counter her talking points. Thune will be on with Wallace on FOX. Both have been very firm about repealing and replacing OCare every time I hear them speak. In fact, I think both were ticked at McConnell for screwing it up and pulling the bill the first time. Both Senators were staring down the Turtle that day as he was speaking with daggers in their eyes.
      I had been telling my husband that Thune is furious with McConnell over the Healthcare debacle. He heard Thune doing a radio interview this week, and he said you are right, he is furious with McConnell. I said, I told you so.

5. Bendix says:

How nice.
    Not gonna spoil it with remarks about you know who.

6. Question Everything says:

President Trump building the future one event at a time.
    He has the majority of the military and police on his side and now he is building the future.
    I have my worries and my stress but I’m very thankful that God sent this country a fighter and a builder.

• decisiontime16 says:

+++++++ “America First because our children and grandchildren are depending on us not to fail.” ++++++++

• Curry Worsham says:

Our Boy and Girl Scouts. The leaders of the future.

• rashamon says:

Thanks for the post. The gentleman reminds me of the storytelling that used to be part of our Sunday breakfast/lunch/dinners (sometimes they ran together), the one day everyone could gather.

“No one ever signs up for character building. What a great line. How many ways are we going to benefit with this man at the side of our President?

• mj_inOC says:

Rest assured, we may fail, but God won’t!

He is still sovereign.

God bless and protect President Trump,
      And America!

• mj_inOC says:

We may fail, but rest assured, God won’t!
      He is still sovereign.

God bless and protect President Trump and America…

7. sunnydaze says:

This is wonderful place for Tump to be. He had some great inspirational talks with kids during the Primaries.

8. Wend says:

I always wanted to raft the New river – it’s supposed to be beautiful and quite exciting. Should be a beautiful experience!

9. jaded9876 says:

My son texted me about this last night. He’s pretty excited. He gets to go to a Trump rally before me!

• AM says:

I got to go to 2 – one I didn’t get in, the other I showed up for when the gates opened. I have a MAGA poster!

Both times I met the best people. Trump really isn’t kidding about who shows up to his rallies.

10. tuskyou says:

Rex Tillerson was honored yesterday with a bronze statue.

11. TwoLaine says:

Future voters. Very Smart! 😉

12. Pam says:

There are a lot of inspiring words of wisdom POTUS can share with these young men. What a great role model for them to look up to. I’m sure they will never forget it as long as they live.

13. Thoughtful thinking..
    What IF..
    He gathered those BoyScouts around Da Old Camp-fire….
    Gathered closely…. He whispered…
    Let Me tell you a Story…
    It’s called…

#FakeNews…
    As all the Scouts GASPED at the thought of the “Evil Empire”..
    😉 😉

14. MfM says:

Reagan didn’t go… the first Jamboree he was recovering from being shot. Four year later he sent Nancy, we know now that his health was never the same after being shot.

• mikgen says:

President Reagan was scheduled for the Jamboree but in early July he was diagnosed and treated for colon cancer. He was still recuperating at the time of the meeting and First Lady Nancy Reagan went instead. It was health issues that made President Reagan miss both events but not really related.

15. shannynae says:

This is so awesome! My son is an Eagle Scout and a member of the Order of the Arrow, I have been a cub scout leader and I was a Weblos leader for years and my hubby was a Boy Scout leader. We are a scouting family so this is very exciting for us.

• Wend says:

BF was in Order of the Arrow! He was the next below Eagle, Star Scout? Remind me again what Weblos is? I remember hearing about it when we were all in Brownies/Cub Scouts.

I was a Blue Bird, Brownie and Girl Scout. Wish I still had my Handbook and sash with all the Proficiency Badges. There was some useful stuff in that Handbook.

• shannynae says:

Weblos is a two year program for 10-12 year old boys that prepares them for the Boy Scouts. They learn knife skills and fire building skills and many other things pertaining to scouting.

• Rick says:

Wend, Life Scout is under Eagle. Star Scout proceeds Life. That is the ranking.

16. emet says:

There are scouts in Russia too. CNN working on an expose.

• MfM says:

I know you are being sarcastic, but although this is a USA Boy Scout Jamboree there are over 700 international visitors. There may very well be Russians, since they come from 50+ different countries.

The International Jamboree will be held at The Summit in two years. There will be many more international participants then. The USA, Canada and Mexico are co-hosting.

• mireilleg says:

When we were in Germany, (military duty), we were involved in scouting. We attended an international jamboree in Austria. In spite of rain every day our troop had a wonderful time. We spent time with a bunch of Russian scouts and scouts from other countries. Great experience for the kids.

• shannynae says:

I appreciate your sense of humor.

17. ilovevictoriasbows says:

I’d rather he attend Trail Life USA.

18. nkmommy says:

Won’t anyone here stand up to say that the Boy Scouts have become politically correct and immoral? Out of conviction and fear for events such as this we pulled our son out of Cub Scouts several years ago. Probably more than half of our troop quit because of the BSA’s caving to the leftist homosexual agenda. From what I understand, BSA has even taken out the part of the oath about striving to be “morally straight.” And mind you, those words to me mean more than just sexuality, they mean striving to stay on the narrow path versus the broad road to perdition. I understand they even allow girls who identify as boys now.
    What irks me the most are the number of grown men who cling to their glory days as Eagle Scouts more than they do the conviction of striving for that narrow path that leads to Our Lord. I was a brownie and Girl Scout but no way will I put my daughter in that organization today because they are financial supporters of Planned Parenthood and NOW.
    Dump BSA. http://www.patheos.com/blogs/jimerwin/2017/01/31/boy-scouts-america-eliminated-morally-straight/

• Wend says:

They didn’t cave. They were sued into submission. You can thank the courts for that one.

• nkmommy says:

Not so! In 2000 the BSA won before the Supreme Court which found that BSA had a constitutional right to set its own membership standards. They later threw away their Supreme Court victory and caved to the leftist homosexual agenda.

• georgiafl says:

Boy Scouts have been sued both ways – they have paid out big $$$ because of kids molested by gay leaders like the Catholic Church, but not quite the same mega scale payout.

The push of gays into scouting is nothing new – I knew of a whole troop led by a gay predator who got them into male/male experimentation. Those guys were never the same and are now in their 80s. Their whole community was in shock especially the parents, when they discovered what went on at camp outs.

• reggiemeezer says:

Nkmommy,

I totally agree. I mentioned above in post #2 of this thread that T-Rex stabbed the BSA in the back. Along came the commie thought police. How dare I point out the truth! T-Rex, Robert Gates, Obama & a host like minded leftist bullied a once great organization into submission.

Goodbye, Boy Scouts of America. You spineless cowards.

Goodbye, Boy Scouts. You fools. You invertebrates. You caved once again and will now allow “transgender boys” — also known as girls — to enter your ranks. I guess you forgot that the girls already have their own branch of the Scouts. It’s called the Girl Scouts. You know, the one with the cookies. Will the Boy Scouts start selling cookies now, too? That would be one upside to all of this, at least.

Your chief executive declared yesterday that it’s “not sufficient” to use a birth certificate as reference point to determine a person’s gender. I’m certain that he doesn’t actually believe that. Most of the people who’ve submitted to the “transgender” superstition don’t actually believe it. They know full well that a girl is a girl and a boy is a boy. That’s the obvious truth. But in these irrational days, it takes a bit of fortitude to stand by the truth, especially the most obvious truths. Unfortunately, fortitude is precisely what you lack. And by “you,” I mean the leadership who made this decision. The actual scouts themselves are just another set of victims here. But not for much longer, because Christian families are pulling out. We’re done with you. For good.

We tried to tell you this would happen. Once you start compromising with the Culture of Death, it never ends. You can’t just sell a piece of your soul to the Devil and expect him to leave you alone. No, he wants to eat the whole thing. He’s always hungry, never satiated.

So, you surrendered to the LGBT lobby a few years ago and allowed in openly gay Scouts, even though the Supreme Court had already upheld your right to exclude them. You thought the forces of darkness would be satisfied with that, but they weren’t. Like we warned you. Then you surrendered and welcomed openly gay scoutmasters into the fold, enabling homosexual men to accompany young boys on overnight camping trips and all the rest of it. You thought they’d finally leave you alone then — I mean, what else could they possibly want? — but you were mistaken.

You’d made every concession demanded by the LGB, now it was the T’s turn. They didn’t have to fight too hard. You were already on your knees, groveling and whimpering. You’d already decided to abandon the “keep myself morally straight” part of the Scout oath. Why not dispense with the rest of it? Why not utterly dismantle everything that has defined you for over a century? Why not defeat the entire purpose of your organization for the sake of an infinitesimal fraction of the population? The point of the Boy Scouts is to teach boys how to be men. Why not alter that formula so that you can also teach girls how to be men? Well, I can think of a few reasons why you shouldn’t: logic, sanity, decency, reality, morality, etc. But you’d punted those particular footballs a while ago. So here we are.

You’re finished now. You know that, right? It’s primarily Christian parents who send their kids into the Scouts. Well, that’s over. My two sons will never be Scouts. Ever. And I guarantee that my feelings reflect the sentiment of most conservative Christian families, which is (or was) your lifeblood. Good luck trying to survive with only radical leftists donating their money and enrolling their kids. How many leftist scouting enthusiasts do you think exist in the country? Leftists don’t go camping unless it’s a jam band festival. You better starting singing Phish tunes around the campfire or you don’t stand a chance.

• nkmommy says:

Wow, simply wow! Blocked and copied to save. “But in these irrational days it takes a bit of fortitude to stand by the truth … .” Exactly, and boys need to see the men standing up for the truth, not merely waxing poetic about that the good ‘ole days while the fox (evil one Lucifer) is in the hen house.
        Thank you for your reply.

• ZurichMike says:

And this, ladies and gentlemen, is known as being a “thread hog” and “trolling”.

• nkmommy says:

ZurichMike’s comment, friends, is what is known as intimidation. Trying to silence those with a different approach than one’s own by name-calling. The leftists do it all the time.

• joshua says:

in all honesty, nkmommy, I think your judgement of intent is misguided in this case. it takes no effort to be “offended” and that belongs to the person with the thin skin that needs to be “right” and to look at every disagreement as a fight. please do not attempt to lecture at CTH against other opinions or statements by analyzing and vilifying someone that you do not agree with their posts. we all respect and value honesty, but not so much petty outrages which sorta belong in middle school maybe, to show what judgementalism feels like perhaps.

• nkmommy says:

Go back and read my original post and reply to Reggie. I did not call anyone names, it was ZurichMike who did so I was calling him out on it. I will defend my positions, as anyone should be prepared to do, that’s not being thin-skinned. Calling someone “judgmental” is just a red-herring meant to avoid the substance of the matter.

• ZurichMike says:

You call that “calling me out”? LOL! Please, honey. You are punching above your weight. Please safe your self-righteous indignation for the church social. The Boy Scouts are going camping, having fun, and meeting the President.

• ZurichMike says:

Expressing my opinion, and calling you on the carpet, is not silencing anyone. Spare me your faux victimhood.

• nkmommy says:

And you certainly are free to your opinion and approach to an issue. You clearly are not alone as we know several men whose love of BSA kept them in when there was an exodus in our troop. I also understand it is difficult for people to call out something as not right when the issue at hand is something they don’t think is wrong or even agree with or something they submit to themselves and so feel the need to defend it or are defensive about it. The use of fetuses for stem cell research is wrong but nevertheless Nancy Reagan was all for it because she believed it would help her beloved Ronnie. This is what is known as relativism — what’s ok for you may not be ok for me and that’s ok, there is no objective Truth — Pope Benedict called this the “dictatorship of relativism” and said relativism would sink our culture. http://www.lst.edu/academics/landas-archives/373-dictatorship-of-relativism

• joshua says:

many of us have learned the value of Progress in defining moral and value acceptance of others, rather than demanding Perfection in others of Our Values, which may be different from Theirs. “live and let live” is a good mantra for peaceful not activists to live by, “one day at a time”……something about “all sound and fury” comes to mind when I see a bunch of marchers and demanders of others to quit doing something, or to do something else, or to just shut up and play by the group rules.

• ZurichMike says:

And here she goes again . . . .

You’ve made your point, and have posted far more text than I have.

I think it’s time for you to go off to some monastery in the desert and pine for the utopia that is never going to be a part of life on earth.

• TheLastDemocrat says:

When we say the oath. we say “morally straight.”

I have delivered a few “Scouts Own” services, so I know exactly what gets said.

We are in a heterogeneous area, and we have decided that it might be good to have a handful of solid Christians in the mix with the other “theists” – the Hindus, Moslems, New Age-ers/All-Roads, and Christian-Lites.”

People come up to me and thank me for a heartfelt Scouts Own where I note that my belief system is the Judeo-Christian God, and God has principles for us, plus wants us to enjoy His creation.

Or, I could just give up and hand it over to : the Hindus, Moslems, New Age-ers/All-Roads, and Christian-Lites.

• TheLastDemocrat says:

BTW: Always with my Bible. They have not kicked me out yet.

• nkmommy says:

The BSA policy currently “allows” each troop to make its own rules regarding such matters which is why they have granted you “permission” to use your Bible. Never mind that they were actually founded as a Christian organization with Christian oath and values and which the Supreme Court agreed they had the right to be a Christian organization and those who join would join with the understanding that it is a Christian organization and so not have the right to ask it not to impose its Christianity. Instead, today, it’s enough just that they won’t “kick you out” for using your Bible. That’s nice. /s.

• joshua says:

your knowledge of the history of Scouting is severely restricted according to your claims.
            The BSA has been dealing with controversy since its founding, dealing with race, religion, age, gender, management and leadership, and tons of “issues” other than gay and homosexual issues….those are actually pretty minor….for awhile the Catholic Church forbade Catholic boys from being Boy Scouts as the original group in America came under leadership from the YMCA which was Protestant. And the racial issue forced the governance to allow communities to follow their own norms for membership, as their school systems were so determined as to race.

So blathering about the evil sell outs of the BSA is old old stuff….and the BSA endures despite the total decline of ALL moral values and social norms in today’s American Culture and society.

read some about it and maybe you will have “cred” if that is what you crave.

• joshua says:

like all social cultural disagreements and fomenting rage and anger…this fluid genderism meme will eventually pass by and the Boy Scouts of America will survive full well and functioning for the BENEFIT of boys of all types who need a pillar of self strength and confidence not pasted onto their body by possibly well meaning but agenda driven parents and family members that find fault instead of seeing opportunity everywhere and who need to drive their kids to their own outcomes, rather than allowing the young men to arrive at healthy choices on their own with good male mentoring and positive programs of activity.

• nkmommy says:

“When you find perfection on earth, whether in an association, church, political party, or national leader, please let me know.” Total straw man argument. Using that standard, nobody should ever challenge or try to reform something bad or evil. So, instead of MAGA and Drain the Swamp maybe we should instead just Live and Let Live. Hogwash! Wrong needs to be called out and when something wrong or evil personally affects one’s children and family you rise to the occasion and fight for all that is right, true, and good. As someone upthtead stated, we must fight because our children are counting on us for their future.

Money talks, feet walk, isn’t that why so many here are always encouraging folks to boycott Amazon? Well, that is exactly the position BSA and Girl Scouts put us in … we talked by walking and refusing to let our money go to their agendas. Moreover, with regard to BSA, it was also an issue of safety for our son. While he would be safe so long as he remained at our church troop and with our church’s values for the troop, you can’t control things at the camps and things like this jamboree. Not too long ago there were boy on boy sexual assaults at some camps, not to mention the concern of homosexual pedophilia. At one camp, a scout flew his rainbow flag outside his tent and his was the tent to gather at because he would regale the others with who knows what. No thanks.

• ZurichMike says:

No, not a strawman argument. You withdrew from the BSA — did you withdraw from the Catholic Church? Did you renounce your citizenship?

• joshua says:

I think Trump exemplifies the BSA code…”Be Prepared”

• Homesteader says:

Nkmommy, you are absolutely correct on everything you have posted on this topic. The Scouts rolled.

• joshua says:

I think you conflate the BSA organization with the Boy Scout Program. That is like conflating American citizenship responsibility and values with the United States Federal Government and bureaucrats.

Unless you have ever been a fully engaged and committed Boy Scout IN THE PROGRAM, you cannot actually have a meaningful contribution in analysis of the good that boys gain from THE PROGRAM…..and like all things since the 1960s, the snowflake liberal agenda has attempted to infiltrate and destroy all things conservative and godly in this nation….but demanding that everything is bad that is affected by this unAmerican push to subvert the citizens is unrealistic….we have a president now who is trying to help America become great again….and is getting hammered on all sides for his belief and commitment.

Cheap shots criticize his efforts and agenda. If you do not like something that once was great….just shooting at it with words on the internet is cheap blather, IMO. Go take a BSA troop and help it be great….but if you must have perfection in your life from everyone else doing what you think is “right”….deeds on your part speak more volumes about your belief and committment than you speeches.

• nkmommy says:

You are way out of line … we were deep into Scouts when BSA caved and had to make the very difficult decision of whether to stand by our Christian convictions or stay as if what they did didn’t matter. My father was a scout in the 1930 who was proud in his old age to still remember his oath, my husband was a scout I was a Girl Scout, at the time the BSA changed their policy, we had a son in Cub Scouts and a daughter who we had already not allowed to be in Brownies/Girl Scouts so she was in American Heritage Girls … our nephew was going for his eagle, our cousin was going for his eagle, so I’d say we had a huge stake in what the BSA decided. Is that enough “cred” for me to have an opinion ? My husband who was a scout would be posting but he is subject to the Hatch Act and takes his ethics seriously so he won’t post on political sites.

• joshua says:

well…say what you will….but you and your hubby made decisions for your boys alone…not their decision I reckon…but your fear and pedantic claims of right vs wrong prevented them from being their own growing adult male. It is different to have family in the scouting program and then to be in it yourself. My dad was a Silver Beaver, an Eagle Scout, and a regional scout volunteer and fund raiser….my troop was in my Presbyterian Church, and many scouts were NOT from the church. Sorry you believe depriving your kids from participation in the program somehow will be favorable for THEIR lives instead of merely acting out your own prejudices.

The program was created for the boys….not for the parents, as many of the boys had poorly functioning family environments, or uninvolved or ill prepared parents that recognized that another male role model and program would BENEFIT the boys…..it is difficult to raise boys…but unless they get to be decision makers in their choices, and if all consequences are denied by parents needing to run the show rather than inspire and champion the BOY…ultimately, the boys when they are adult age, will have less experience that those that saw injustices and issues they disagreed with, but chose to soldier own for themselves.

• georgiafl says:

Calling names (pedantic) is not argument, joshua.

Gay sex is abnormal, harmful and sinful.

• joshua says:

georgiafl…..gay sex is abnormal, harmful, and sinful in the eyes of fully committed and fully believing Christians, but many others would not agree with those characteristics.
              I believe that I am fully Christian, and hold Christian values, and attempt to keep MY SIDE of the street swept as clean as possible….but I do not evangelize nor judge others for their belief, but I will if I disagree, challenge the facts or content of comments where they are not universal nor absolute outside of ideology or religious commitments. Not picking a fight, and I respect you as a fighter on this and other blogs I regularly comment and read on…..so, understand that I can maybe be annoying, but you do not have to agree with anything I hold as my own belief. In the case of the BSA….I have strong knowledge, experience, and convictions developed over a long time and deep participation with the results of the program….and find arguments about the organization instead of the program to be somewhat flimsy and judgemental and a little self serving sometimes….often no more than Contempt Prior to Investigation…..easy to assault and complain….a lot of work to examine and contemplate first.

• georgiafl says:

There is no affirmation of gay sex in Scripture. It is harmful high risk and has caused horrific spread of disease around the world. Now we have many people with a syndemic condition of multiple STDs, many untreatable and incurable. Primary cause is MSM – and the fastest growth among young black males….and people experimenting all ways MSM, FSF, MSF.

• georgiafl says:

Joshua – Science research, Statistics (police, clinical medicine and mental health) and Scripture are agreed and negative re: practice and outcomes of engaging in homosexuality.

• joshua says:

well…and global warming too.
                  STDs exist far greater outside of the Gay and Lesbian community…Gonorrhea is now epidemic and driven greater coming from “refugees” and “illegals” into our nations…and the demographic volumes of them vs “flamer” perverts in the USA is a greater statistical threat to health of normal practicing sexual partners than homosexualist activities.

how many homosexuals are going to come and accept Jesus as Lord and Savior in our Christian Churches why Christians mount nothing but contempt and outrage against them…I seem to remember Jesus accepting a LOT of really not so good social misfits into his saved flock of humans.

I have no personal need to attack anyone by beating them with a Bible or my wisdom. I leave that to those with nothing else to do but to try to convert others via criticism and shame….I never found those effective in leadership…only in making a lot of sworn enemies.

• georgiafl says:

Science does not prove global warming.

Pastors do not convert by condoning a harmful/sinful behavior.

The best pastoral method is love and not to affirm the feelings as a person’s identity. We all receive new identities in Christ, dying to the old self with its sinful desires as the Bible says.

• georgiafl says:

Moreover, the STD syndemic/epidemic took off way before Obama and his open door policy and had nothing to do with immigrants and everything to do with homosex and teen promiscuity.

Have a bunch of doctors in my family for generations, have had the CDC reports coming to my home for decades and have studied this issue for many years.

• joshua says:

well….you need to understand the Hatch Act if you use that as an excuse for a frightened husband hiding behind “ethics”….clearly, he does not wear pants either it would seem. That may be a consequence of not being clear on the Scout Program expectation.

The Hatch Act, a federal law passed in 1939, limits certain political activities of federal employees, as well as some state, D.C., and local government employees who work in connection with federally funded programs. The law’s purposes are to ensure that federal programs are administered in a nonpartisan fashion, to protect federal employees from political coercion in the workplace, and to ensure that federal employees are advanced based on merit and not based on political affiliation. The law was named for Senator Carl Hatch of New Mexico. It was most recently amended in 2012, limiting the activities of certain state and local government employees.

The Boy Scouts of America is not a federally funded program.
          The CTH is not a political blog.

• nkmommy says:

Nothing I have said has been a personal attack. You, however, feel the need to say this … ” … if you use that as an excuse for a frightened husband hiding behind “ethics”….clearly, he does not wear pants either it would seem. That may be a consequence of not being clear on the Scout Program expectation.” If I knew nothing else about Scouts than that ignorant/vile comment coming from one who has been brought up and trained by the Scouts, it would be enough for me to conclude that it is not an organization I can count on to help us raise a Godly man!

Moreover, you assume I am insufficiently knowledgeable about the scouting program and so generously provide Wikipedia links for me to wise up about how marvelous it is … but, tell me — without searching the internet, looking in a book, or calling a buddy, from whom was Baden-Powell’s inspired to start a scouting program? I strongly suspect you cannot answer that off the top of your head.

• joshua says:

well it was not Milo Yiannopoulos as you appear to believe.
              look, i know the Boer war history of BP, I know the books on scouting he was influenced by and their authors, and I know who the program came to the USA.
              as I said, I know the Boy Scout Movement…much was learned while IN the program, working on merit badges, and my father was a history buff and a studious educated man…and was active in the Boy Scout Program from childhood and when he became active as the father of two boys that went through Cub Scouts and onto Eagle Scout attainment. I was one of those.
              You cannot challenge me to play your silly bigotted game as though the homesexual movements are what has made the Boy Scout Program vulnerable…it was primarily the antiwar Vietnam era of the 1960s when anything military was condemned, insulted, and blacklisted by the socialist and communist party progressives that began to tear down the USA values and attitudes….The US Military Schools for Boys also suffered from this attack on values with memes of baby killer military industrialization as the demise of civilized peace loving America.

If you want to blather on about the horrors of your concept of the BSA….just blow yourself out with it….you will only convince ignorant weak minded sheep that refuse to know truth and fact.

So maybe it was Milo, and not Fred Burnham…..like your favorite politician said. “what difference does it actually make now?”

• nkmommy says:

I knew you wouldn’t know who it was. How did I know? Because of your insufferable insults suggesting that because I’m a mother I can’t possibly understand the scouting program or know how to raise a boy to be a man. I guess if I used a different nom de plume, say “JTF160” to indicate the joint task force I worked with at Guantanamo Bay, you’d be less condescending? You’re just like the feminazis who believe that if a woman takes pride in her vocation as mother she has nothing between her ears or anything meaningful to contribute. Well, hold on to your wellies because the person who influenced Baden-Powell to start the scouting program was … drumroll please … a woman! She was Charlotte Mason and her principles are foundational to our homeschooling as they were to Baden-Powell’s scouting program. So those bullet points you posted above as the principles of scouting were hers and we implement those as a family ourselves without the need for all the other garbage the BSA is spewing these days.

• joshua says:

well you are the wise one…and haul out some vague joint task force comment to prove your patriotic value as a genius…and then you drop your little feminist bomb like Mason…and have the audacity to state that she was part of the Boy Scout Program because she read his scouting book … no doubt homeschooling in England was very important, as only the wealthy got serious education….and anyone could be a teacher as there were no credentials required.

So you favor homeschooling, and take your kids out of scouts, and you have a mate who is with the govt, and you are some ex task force chooch that things that is a big whoop to impress folks that you are right to denigrate a world wide successful program so you can get pretend self righteour atta boys on the internet by like minded feminazis.

Congratulation….tell you beta male spouse that you won the war of internet blathering.

• ZurichMike says:

Oh, is this a quiz? Do we get participation points? Or a full merit badge?

• ZurichMike says:

Good heavens. So glad you made that choice for your boys. Nothing brings down the morale of a Boy Scout troop than a nagging mother overprotecting junior from every harm, real or imagined.

• Rick says:

I agree. BSA compromised their own code when they threw away the Supreme Court ruling in their favor to keep the standards as first founded.

I served as a Scoutmaster for many years and my son became a Gold Palm Eagle. It was the greatest years of our lives together…..unfortunately, he passed away after his second tour in Iraq. However, both of us would feel that our moral standards would have been compromised in today’s BSA. ….”physically strong, mentally awake, and morally straight” does not have the same meeting these days due to Liberal, progressive resistance.

19. TexasDude says:

The Democrats spit on them.

20. j.r. says:

I hope he’s camping out, campfire songs, the whole works.

21. joshua says:

My older brother passed away last year at 77 yo…he had attended international Jamboree and did a summer at Philmont Scout Ranch as well. He was an Eagle Scout with palms, God and Country, Order of the Arrow, Explorer Troop Leader, and was my hero brother. I miss him and his patriotism.

22. joshua says:

first edition, 1911 Boy Scouts Handbook, kindle edition on Amazon for 99 cents.

• nkmommy says:

Thanks for posting these, I’m going to purchase this! We often use these older editions for books and texts because they conatain “purer,” for lack of a better word, descriptions/ explanations of their subject matter. Before political correctness and revisionist historians set in.

Many people don’t realize the heartache those of us experienced pulling out of Scouts … imagine, it’s your turn in life to have children and you want them to experience all thant you remember you loved as a kid and scouting is among those things, only to find out it’s been corrupted by the strident leftist agenda. I’m sure it’s not unlike those who want to send their kids to their alma mater for college only to find the professors are all leftist loons! Do you want your money going there?

23. ZurichMike says:

ZurichMike is an Eagle Scout (1976) and Order of the Arrow. I had excellent men as Scout leaders — mostly the fathers of the other boys, including my own dad. I think about the wonderful experiences: monthly camping trips (year-round, even in the dead of winter!), camping, hiking, exploring, outdoor sports — so much fun!

There were boys in the troops who came from single-mom or troubled households. These boys also learned what it was like to have a strong male presence in getting along in life, and they thrived and became excellent friends and members of the community.

One my colleagues in the US has two sons in Boy Scouts. One decided a couple of months ago that he didn’t want to be in Boy Scouts anymore, so his older brother went alone to the Jamboree this year — and now the young brother is insanely jealous and rues his decision. Ha! I never attended a Jamboree (time and cost issue), but would have loved to!

For the stridently anti-BSA: No, I do not agree with some of BSA’s policies, but I did not give up on its mission and importance. Similarly I did not give up my US citizenship because of Clinton’s, Obama’s, or Bush’s policies, nor did I give up being a Catholic being of some of its policies. I concentrate on the core goodness, and what is useful to direct my life accordingly and set an example for others: “Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.” Matthew 5:16. When you find perfection on earth, whether in an association, church, political party, or national leader, please let me know.

• rashamon says:

How well you state these quandaries one faces through life. Such a wise man you are, Mike. We need more such as you in our children’s lives. Learning how to make sound choices is 99 percent of the battle.

• nkmommy says:

You’ve now posted that same long statement at least 3 times and you had the audacity to refer to me and another poster as “thread hogs” and “trollers”? Now that’s called hypocrisy.

• Homesteader says:

The man doth protest too much, methinks.

• joshua says:

you are now getting shrill and complaining like you own a blog. time to take a deep breath and calm down some, maybe. when you post a name “NKMOMMY”, most of us MEN who are older and more experienced with raising boys into men, and being part of the scout program through generations of our family, know more about the scouting issues than you will ever get an opportunity to learn….and by the way, scouting makes men out of boys…rarely do Mothers make them into men.

• joshua says:

Cub Scouts as a program was created for young boys who are not old enough to learn the more difficult parts of discipline and activities that the Boy Scout program offers and condones. Cub Scouts is lead by mothers who have a boy scout who helps her with the young boys and provides a person not yet a full adult man, to look up to and encourage them toward growing up in discipline and respect. This period is when mommys can help the boys get ready to embrace manly responsible programs when they decide to become a Boy Scout. There are no mothers in the Boy Scout program, although mothers are respected and are given a role in the Eagle Scout award program, where the new Eagle Scout pins a small Eagle Scout replica pin on his mother and thanks her for the training, love, devotion, and values she has and does provide as the new Eagle Scout has grown and become competent in the Scouting Program deeds and activities.

The program was designed for mommy approval, but for family confirmation. Lord Baden Powell saw it as an opportunity for disadvantaged boys as well as those not so burdened to have strong citizenship models for them to grow up without becoming victims of an unengaged citizen population of adults.

Before judging the scouts model, or demanding “it was better back in Lord Powell’s time, it is necessary to understand why the program was created, and what role parents actually have and have not in the program itself.

Here is some of Lord Powell’s comments:

― Robert Baden-Powell, Scouting for Boys: A Handbook for Instruction in Good Citizenship
          Robert Baden-Powell quotes
          “If you have ever seen the play Peter Pan you will remember how the pirate chief was always making his dying speech because he was afraid that possibly when the time came for him to die he might not have time to get it off his chest. It is much the same with me, and so, although I am not at this moment dying, I shall be doing so one of these days and I want to send you a parting word of goodbye.

Remember, it is the last you will ever hear from me, so think it over.

I have had a most happy life and I want each one of you to have as happy a life too.

I believe that God put us in this jolly world to be happy and enjoy life. Happiness doesn’t come from being rich, nor merely from being successful in your career, nor by self-indulgence. One step towards happiness is to make yourself healthy and strong while you are a boy, so that you can be useful and so can enjoy life when you are a man.

Nature study will show you how full of beautiful and wonderful things God has made the world for you to enjoy. Be contented with what you have got and make the best of it. Look on the bright side of things instead of the gloomy one.

But the real way to get happiness is by giving out happiness to other people. Try and leave this world a little better than you found it and when your turn come to die, you can die happy in feeling that at any rate you have not wasted your time but have done your best. “Be Prepared” in this way, to live happy and to die happy – stick to your Scout promise always – even after you have ceased to be a boy – and God help you do it.”

“The most worth-while thing is to try to put happiness into the lives of others.”

“A week of camp life is worth six months of theoretical teaching in the meeting room.”

“The Scoutmaster teaches boys to play the game by doing so himself.”

“O God, help me to win, but in thy wisdom if thou willest me not to win, then O God, make me a good loser.”

“The secret of getting
          successful work out of your trained men lies in one nutshell—in
          the clearness of the instructions they receive.”

“If it were not for the depressing heat and the urgency of the work, one could sit down and laugh to tears at the absurdity of the thing, and under the circumstances it is a little wearing. But our motto is the old west coast proverb, Softly, softly, catchee monkey; in other words, don’t flurry; patience gains the day.”

“Boy Scout is not merely to give you fun and adventure but that, like the backwoodsmen, explorers, and frontiersmen whom you are following, you will be fitting yourself to help your country and to be of service to other people who may be in need of help. That is what the best men are out to do.”

“we aim for the practice of Christianity in their everyday life and dealings, and not merely the profession of its theology on Sundays.”

“Si la vida fuera siempre fácil, sería insípida”

“Be Prepared”

“The secret of sound education is to get each pupil to learn for himself, instead of instructing him by driving knowledge into him on a stereotyped system.”

“Be Prepared in Mind by having disciplined yourself to be obedient to every order, and also by having thought out beforehand any accident or situation that might occur, so that you know the right thing to do at the right moment, and are willing to do it.

Be Prepared in Body by making yourself strong and active and able to do the right thing at the right moment, and do it.”

• ZurichMike says:

No, I posted a single paragraph twice, so that you and another poster would see it.

Back off, honey. You are playing the victim, a typical troll charade.

• georgiafl says:

Scouting was a great program, but unfortunately pushing homo-sex as normal is wrong, harmful to the males, and will eventually destroy the program.

You can’t condone and keep sin within boundaries, re-name it christen it good and normal when the entire Bible, statistics and science stand against it. Sin is never without consequences.

• georgiafl says:

Same sex attraction is a symptom and disorientation, not a sign of another orientation, gender, etc. – those are concepts invented for a planned propaganda program begun by activists in the seventies to re-shape public consciousness.

“A lie told often enough is believed”

• joshua says:

Homosexualism existed in humans since they were first created, and has endured throughout the world since civilization occurred, and still is practiced in many cultures as normal social behavior. So too with many other perverse acts by humans, male and female alike.

That we attempt in the USA to balance Civil Rights in Law with Freedom or Religion and Speech by Constitutional Law, makes the unity of our nation almost impossible without some folks adopting a version of “live and let live” in order to not create religious based bigotry and conflict…which are not Christian Values in practice.

That I find it abhorrent, deviant, and destructive to nuclear family protection is my own belief…but did not require my Christian faith or the Bible to confirm that to me.

• ZurichMike says:

Try to stay on topic. This is about the Boy Scouts, not about your anti-gay beliefs.

• ZurichMike says:

Scouting is still a great program. and appealing to the Bible, statistics, and science has been used to justify any number of untenable, outdated, and preposterous opinions.

Your opinion only.

• georgiafl says:

It is not “untenable, outdated, and preposterous” to stand for what is healthy, God-ordained and holy. Jesus himself went back to Genesis – God created male and female for each other.

Jesus Words and Scripture will never be outdated, untenable nor preposterous.

• joshua says:

well…Jesus never discussed homosexuality. Jesus did not condemn prostitutes either.

Book of Jude discusses “fornication” in reference to Sodom and Gomorrah…but that actually about the refusal of the mobs to have sex with two virgins, but who demanded to have sex with the male angels…who were not human, and therefore it was considered bestiality by scholars. Scripture does not clearly state a case against homosexuality. The Old Testament clearly states that God’s plan was for a man and a woman to marry and create kids. no sexual acts described or discussed.

I cannot argue nor support scripture as the Bible has been analyzed repeatedly as it evolved through those that actually recorded the books, translated the books, interpreted the books, and wrote about their opinions.

As a Christian, I am taught not to be prideful or arrogant. For me to tell others what they should do, believe, or not do puts me in the position of pride and egoism….and I DO believe that is not my role as a God Loving Christian.

• georgiafl says:

It is not loving, in fact, the opposite of loving to condone a behavior and acts that cause so much death, disease and devastation.

• joshua says:

excuse me, but WHO ARE YOU to define for others what is LOVING.
                you lost my respect any any attempt to discuss anymore with a person who uses liberal arguments instead of factual discussion.
                the Bible doesn’t say much about Biological Warfare, Nuclear Bombs, Napalm, or sniper guns and tanks either…and THOSE actually cause MORE death, disease, and devastation…but it you PAY TAXES in the USA, you clearly believe that is OK by you and loving and superior behavior to the heathens that are killed. what happened to Thou Shalt Not Kill? Is that in the tax code you are forced to obey?
                enjoy your life…and maybe go talk to your minister, if you go to a real church.

• georgiafl says:

It is not loving to approve of a harmful behavior and you know it.

• georgiafl says:

Joshua, I will no longer discuss this with you or Mike. I have studied the research and have presented the facts. You may not like or respect me, but the facts are the facts and Scripture is right about homosexuality according to empirical science and crime, CDC, etc. statistics.

• joshua says:

thank you and adios georgiafl. your contributions to Christian Reality are awesome.

• ZurichMike says:

No, you have studied *some* research and presented *some* facts without context. Nice try. But I am so glad that I will never have to hear about this from you in future.

You are evil.

Judgmental much?

• joshua says:

Well…the Russians agree with all I said, as well as the Greek Orthodox clergy.
                  Your facts are of your own belief system, not of universal absolute scientific proof.
                  God did not write the scriptures, they were written by man to record the belief system as understood by those scribes and to keep only memories from distorting the words that the scribes were told when writing the scripture documents….no one has the original letters from Paul or other disciples…so there can be only belief and convictions to provide what you describe as facts….and God like as not did not whisper the facts into your personal ear.

You argue like a zealot, not like a God fearing loving Christian, IMO. That is why you can only relate to those that will accept anything to post, not those that challenge your zealotry and absolutism. There are many versions of Christianity and interpretations of the Holy Bible, and there are many Christians whose faith is part of separate denominations….even among Methodists there are different ideas and conferences governing the beliefs of a group….you belong where you find personal comfort….but Christianity as a religion in the Western World came from dissent and disagreement with the belief and dogma of the Holy Catholic Church of Rome…so….to demand that a loving person is always a _______ (fill in the blank) borders on theological treason and dictatorial demands of those that CHOOSE to worship Their God in the manner THEY choose….and in the USA….that is called Freedom….

so have a great life….Georgia has always bred a distinct form of demanding rhetoric, and has consequently suffered greatly in the process over many many years. No surprise.

• georgiafl says:

My facts are CDC and actual research.

• georgiafl says:

It looks like you want to rationalize and exempt some actions/behaviors rather than submitting the whole self to GOD.

• georgiafl says:

It looks like you want to rationalize and exempt some actions/behaviors rather than what the Bible requires – which is submitting the whole self to GOD.

• ZurichMike says:

Jesus said not a single word about gays. Not one.

Nice try.

• ZurichMike says:

Jesus never said a word about the Boy Scouts, either.

• georgiafl says:

Doesn’t matter. From cover to cover, Scripture is clear about sexual behavior – anytime and anywhere. Romans 1:18-32 and 2:1-7

• ZurichMike says:

Oh, so it’s not Jesus, it’s all of Scripture. Got it. Whatever justifies your argument.
                Scripture is also clear about not eating shellfish, too.

You’re not Paul, and I’m not the Romans. And you failed to put any of the cited passages into context. Nice try.

Keep reading your Bible, and pray for discernment. Eventually you’ll get it right.

• georgiafl says:

So, you have it right and I don’t? That is quite an attitude.

You are saying the Bible is not one whole unified message, despite the fact that the Bible claims differently. You are grasping at straws and rationalizing. There is no affirmation of homosexuality in Scripture. Police statistics, clinical medicine and mental health practice and science research are in agreement with Scripture.

• ZurichMike says:

Over the centuries, the books that comprise the Bible have changed, as have the translations and applications. But I so happy for you that you have finally found the one and ultimate meaning in your corner of the world.

And your sweeping statements about statistics, medicine, and science are as pretentious and facile as your arguments — the “appeal to authority” that has no recourse. It’s like climate change “scientists” who brook no alternative views.

• georgiafl says:

It’s facts, Mike. Nothing to do with me, not my opinions, views, statements and not my numbers – these are CDC, police, clinical medicine, etc. numbers.

• ZurichMike says:

Your facts are neither exhaustive nor dispositive, your assumptions are flawed or not univerally held, your analysis is weak, and your argumentation one-sided and authoritarian.

But apparently that worldview gives you great comfort. Godspeed.

• georgiafl says:

Your words are big, but you know you are defending an indefensible position against GOD and truth. There can be no comfort in your position in this life or the one to come.

• ZurichMike says:

Oh, I forgot to add: you’re incredibly judgmental, too. Not very Christian, eh?

“Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? Matthew 7:3

• georgiafl says:

Just went back to see if there was any change from 2003 to now. CDC statistics are still grim re: MSM and HIV, Syphilis, etc. Other statistics include increased relationship instability, violence, murders, suicides, bowel syndromes, even meningitis and cancers. God is love and doesn’t want people to experience these dangers. That’s why He warned us throughout Scripture about what is harmful/sinful.

• ZurichMike says:

I refer you to my prior statements.

• georgiafl says:

Reminds me of trying to get my mother to quit smoking.

• ZurichMike says:

When you’re in a hole trying to get out, it’s best to stop digging.

• ZurichMike says:

OMG. From Scriputre to random citations with out of context “analyses” by unobjective non-scientists. LOL!

• MfM says:

I agree, unless one is involved in it today they don’t know what impact it’s had in Troops. From what I’ve seen it’s very little.

What people don’t understand is there have always been gay boys in Scouting. They may not have known or known and hidden it. As long as they didn’t act on it, it was fine.

A boy who isn’t interested in camping, hiking and all the other areas that cover Scouting will not be drawn to Boy Scouts. If they come to meetings but never go on camping trips they won’t advance, those are just the rules. If they are into those things then we’ll figure out tenting, bathrooms and privacy. We’ve dealt with those as women became involved with the Troop became fully trained and interested in the program.

Thank you! Well said!

• joshua says:

This blog topics seems to have brought out the female control freak crowd to try to dominate through ridiculousness and argumentation for no good reason other than to show off their inherent elitist snobbery self righteous pretend superiority.

Time to “Do a Good Deed” and “Be Prepared” for windy wordy weather.

I can make a fire with two matches.
              I can march in step
              I know the history of the US Flag
              I honor my mother and father’s memories
              I believe in the goodness of mankind and our nation.

but, heck…that is meaningless if some alt sexualized guy is peeing in the latrine when I need to go, I guess.

fear and trembling.

• joshua says:

somehow, when I was a young Boy Scout…and learning life saving for that merit badge, and we were taught water rescue techniques which all involved some serious grabbing and groping the body of a drowning person…I must have missed that part in the Life Saving Manual where I had to ask if the drowner was straight or gay before the rescue and if it were some perverted unnatural inhuman person who happened to be offensive to all so called Christians and Pearl Clutching judges of good vs evil, and I guess those folks would just prefer that the person be allowed to die because they are worthless in the human race and might influence some one’s snowflake mommy’s boy to do terrible sexual things….before some girl actually shows them how the essentially same physical things get done to them in the NORMAL way and not the EVIL way…

Yepper….those folks just should NEVER be scouts….because the little old lady they help across the street in traffic…might be a closet Lesbian and whisper sexual innuendos in their ear and make them subject to being mindraped or humiliated and their parents would be all sad and angry.

24. DebbieUK says:

Good to read these comments .My son was a Beaver and Scout and what he learned stays with him to this day,
    It sounds as though the political correctness and gender politics has not yet infected Scouting in the States , as is has started to do in the UK.
    They are trying to get more immigrants to join but its not their thing at all . The organisers keep meddling though.
    Why cant leftists leave anything alone .

25. Matamoros says:

Comment deleted by Admin…

• ZurichMike says:

I guess you’re new to this site. Your comment is inappropriate.

• joshua says:

uh….the BSA determined to allow the fluid genderism meme play itself out over time…they did not kick out kids who were alternative gender conflicted to use PC terms. They were trying to prevent Homosexual LEADERS from managing troops and cub dens to get rid of potential perverts from having access to little kids and young boys….not to comment on right or wrong as to religion….Scouts practice believe and reverence in GOD, not in the Bible or a specific religion….so they did not kick out anyone except where LEADERS were being found by problems created to have deviant sexual proclivity. The BSA program TEACHES how to be a good and responsible person….values that HAPPEN to also be American.

I find your post to be patently designed to demean and offend a lot of folks, and is way beneath the norm of this web site. I personally hope you will go bother folks somewhere else.

• nkmommy says:

Boy Scouts won’t kick out anyone … that is because BSA itself was threatened by it’s sponsors, such as AT&T, that if they did not get on board with the strident homosexual agenda they would pull all their funding. AT & T is so strident about the homosexual agenda that they will fire anyone who doesn’t tow the line.

• MfM says:

They kick people out, I’ve seen it.

• joshua says:

it did not start in the Boy Scouts.
          It started in the US Federal Govt in the 1950s as an anticommunist threat when homosexuals were suspected as being vulnerable to blackmail if they were in the State Dept of the USA..
          That is when the socialist agenda to make homosexuality a visible part of social and legal acceptance in the USA…not about the Bible or religion or even what is Right vs Wrong.
          try this for some history. It had to destroy the family first, infiltrate the schools and colleges, and then the MSM…

• joshua says:

On the morning of April 27, 1953, President Dwight D. Eisenhower declared war on homosexuals.

In one of his first official acts after taking office, Eisenhower issued Executive Order 10450, which banned gay men and lesbians from working for any agency of the federal government.

26. Once again Trump restoring dignity to a classic American institution.

27. geoffb5 says:

I saw Ike at the 50th anniversary Colorado Springs Jamboree in 1960.

28. blessdog says:

nice for the scouts to have a strong man for a President/Role Model for a change…

29. nkmommy says:

So maybe som folks don’t know, but in their effort to social engineer (or to keep their money from their corporate sponsors who want to social engineer), Boy Scouts now allows girls who identify as boys to join (as Reggie upthread posted, it’s now the “T’s” turn of the LGBT.

So I guess this was finally a bridge too far for the Mormons — the largest group of Boy Scout’s in the country at aroun 150,000 — and they are pulling all teen boys from the scouting program. Guess they’re not at the Jamboree?

Which in turn has caused Franklin Graham to state that he believes all churches should pull out of Boy Scouts … http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/05/17/franklin-graham-churches-pull-boy-scouts-organization-completely/

And some Catholics agree … http://m.ncregister.com/daily-news/boy-scouts-new-policy-further-strains-connection-with-catholics#.WXTsh4b3b7o

30. joshua says:

to the BSA attack dogs
    “When in worry, or in doubt,
    Run in circles, scream and shout”

Burma Shave