Supreme Court Gives Hawaii Activist Judge Tuesday Deadline To Respond…

Last week former President Obama’s classmate, Hawaii Judge Derrick Watson, once again blocked the implementation of the travel and visa restrictions put into place by President Trump and the Department of Homeland Security.

At the heart of the matter activist Judge Watson is demanding that Homeland Security permit as many foreign terrorists as possible be granted entry into the U.S.  According to the world-view that all occupants of planet earth are inherently future citizens of the United States, Judge Watson claims everyone should be allowed entry into the U.S. regardless of national security concerns.

It should be noted that Egypt, Jordan, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, UAE, and other GCC nations have initiated a total Muslim travel ban with Qatar…. meanwhile a U.S. judge frames the limited scope of President Trump’s ‘temporary travel restrictions‘ as overreach. Go figure.

WASHINGTON (Reuters) – The U.S. Supreme Court has asked the State of Hawaii to respond by Tuesday at noon to President Donald Trump’s motion to block a judge’s ruling that prevented his travel ban from being applied to grandparents of U.S. citizens and refugees already being processed by resettlement agencies, the court’s public information office said on Saturday.

In a court filing on Friday, the administration asked the justices to overturn Thursday’s decision by a U.S. district judge in Hawaii, which limited the scope of the administration’s temporary ban on refugees and travelers from six Muslim-majority countries.

The latest round in the fight over Trump’s March 6 executive order, which he says is needed to prevent terrorism attacks, began when the Supreme Court intervened last month to partially revive the two bans, which had been blocked by lower courts.

The Supreme Court said then that the ban could take effect, but that people with a “bona fide relationship” to a U.S. person or entity could not be barred. The administration had narrowly interpreted that language, saying the ban would apply to grandparents and other family members, prompting the state of Hawaii to ask Hawaii-based U.S. District Judge Derrick Watson to expand the definition of who could be admitted.  (more)

This entry was posted in Big Government, Big Stupid Government, Cultural Marxism, Dept Of Justice, DHS, Illegal Aliens, ISIS, Islam, Jihad, media bias, Political correctness/cultural marxism, President Trump, Professional Idiots, propaganda, Supreme Court. Bookmark the permalink.

162 Responses to Supreme Court Gives Hawaii Activist Judge Tuesday Deadline To Respond…

1. sundance says:

• joshua says:

yep….made a robot out an old pressure cooker.

what could possibly go wrong?

• fleporeblog says:

Wow! This is totally amazing! This clip is Donald J. Trump! The man truly is a gift from God to not only us but more and more to the world as well!

• Sylvia Avery says:

We need to be careful with the Afghans. I know these girls are not refugees, but male Afghan refugees seem to be carrying out a rape jihad.

FTA: “Europeans were predisposed to be positive towards Afghan refugees. But it quickly became obvious that something was wrong, very wrong, with these young Afghan men: they were committing sex crimes to a much greater extent than other refugees, even those from countries that were equally or more backward, just as Islamic and conservative, and arguably just as misogynist.”

• Sylvia Avery says:

The whole article I linked to above is amazing and provides many excellent reasons for the need for extreme vetting. It is long and detailed and interesting. If it weren’t so long I’d post the whole thing. Please read!

FTA: “…Europeans are the enemy, and their women are legitimate spoils, as are all the other things one can take from them: housing, money, passports. Their laws don’t matter, their culture is uninteresting and, ultimately, their civilization is going to fall anyway to the horde of which one is the spearhead. No need to assimilate, or work hard, or try to build a decent life here for yourself—these Europeans are too soft to seriously punish you for a transgression, and their days are numbered.”

The article is mostly limited to Afghans, and I don’t even think that is one of the banned countries, is it? But it ought to be after reading this. They target our laws to abuse them and use them against us, quite deliberately. It made my head explode.

• maiingankwe says:

I wasn’t surprised with the answer, Afghan men do not like to see women free and confident. I would think most Muslim refugee men are the same in their thinking, so I’m surprised there are more Afghan men by a large percentage doing the attacking than the others.

I do think the doctor who wrote this is wrong in thinking afgans who have been there for decades will all of a sudden start telling off the new arrivals. It’s not going to happen. A few maybe, but I’m sure they are already doing the talk. The majority not so much. They’re in denial, which is obvious with the excuses the good doctor shared.

I think this is going to get much worse before it ever gets better, and it may not even get better. These countries have to start standing up for their own civilians and refuse to be bullied when they should be packing these vermin from where they came. This claim that they will be killed on their return for their poor behavior is absurd when it comes for the reason in keeping them within their new host country. Every refugee needs to be told no matter what, they will be sent back, reprucussions of death be damned. You murder or attempt to rape anyone and your butt is on the airplane right back from where you came from. If your country kills you, so be it.

Most of these European countries are to weak to stand for their people, so it makes it very difficult for me to empathize. I respect Poland, Hungary and the few others who have said absolutely not, and I’m starting to respect Austria who are finally saying no more. But Germany, Sweden, UK, Belgium and others have set themselves up to fail.

Many of us know that muslims only respect strength. They see their hosts countries as weak and therefore it is acceptable to do what they do. If these countries would’ve stood strong in protecting their citizens from the beginning they wouldn’t be having the problems they have now. It boils down to respect and these refugees have absolutely no respect whatsoever for their hosts.

Thanks for the article. I hope more people like this doctor start standing up and saying what needs to be said.

• Sylvia Avery says:

Thanks for taking the time to read it and post your thoughts about it.

I totally agree with you that they see us as weak and so they feel perfectly empowered to do whatever they like because they assume they won’t be stop. And usually they aren’t.

It seems unlikely to me, too, that the older established immigrants could ever be relied on to keep the new ones in line. Dream on.

There were a lot of things that surprised me in that article. I hadn’t realized how restricted the EU laws are about refugees and once you’re in the EU you are stuck following their laws.

Another big surprise was the mayor of that city in Austria who said, right after they spent tons of money building a nice new modern refugee center, NO MORE! We are stopping this insanity right now and we will not take any more refugees! Good for him or her. More people of courage are going to be needed. Lots and lots more.

• Jedi9 says:

Thanks for sharing Sylvia! This was certainly a good read and gave deeper perspective to this problem and needs to be looked at deeper as to why this is being allowed. Such as the case with the resettlement program in the US. Something is definitely not right about this, and when reading about the Hawaiian Judge, the recent Australian PM and the US rejecting Obama’s secret quid pro quo deal. Obama’s blatant disregard for the law and constitution it is easy to see he hated America and what it stands for, as the dots are starting to connect in answering the question in: what is the underlining motivation of political leaders to defend this atrocious benign cancerous assault on humanity to continue?

• Sylvia Avery says:

I’m so glad you took the time to read it. It isn’t like I started out really pro immigrant and refugee before I read the article, but it was STILL very eye opening to me.

And at the end, the question I’m left with is who is behind this? Someone had to organize this invasion. When half the rapes are done by Afghans and it isn’t anything unique to their culture, it shines a light that this isn’t accidental.

Somehow, young men with criminal tendencies were in some fashion encouraged or directed to head over to Europe and create havoc.

As another Treeper pointed out somewhere downthread, I think it was kininthenorthwest, the same thing has happened to the US with the influx of young men from South America with criminal intent.

I smell the hands of globalists like George Soros and others who want to destablize the West for who knows what nefarious purposes.

• Jedi9 says:

I totally agree Sylvia! My research is leading me to believe that the Central Banks who are aligned with the NGO’s and Soros are the ones behind this systemic chaos. For apparent reasons such as creating debt, dependency, and to make subservient subjects of us all by destroying individual liberties. George Orwell warned us about what is happening right now, as many of the things he wrote about is coming or already has come to fruition. Also think about the distraction that is has already created by inducing fear in the mass population of many nations, as the Globalists prey on fear as a mechanism to subvert and divert! Such social engineering is part of the blue print! How else can we explain the Political class purposely ignoring the electorate’s will by offering empty platitudes, virtue signaling, and do nothing resolutions as a means to correct this problem world wide? It certainly doesn’t make sense and humanity is reaching a breaking point soon as Public officials world wide have blood on their hands as it relates to these horrific crimes continuing to be allowed to be committed on a daily basis! Hell! Just one look at Sweden and Germany is all we need to know that humanity is currently in crisis mode, where those countries is literally committing suicide and contributing to it’s own demise by expunging it’s national identity forever! What is the end game? Trump is standing alone as the light in a world of darkness right now! God please help us!

• maiingankwe says:

Its all for a one world order, complete control of the masses and to become richer than anyone could ever imagine.

There was a video shared here weeks and weeks ago with a man being interviewed about the work he had in the financial world. How he had finally admitted to himself the players he was working for were pure evil. He left with his life, and God in his heart, but that was probably about all. It was at least an hour interview and he wouldn’t give up the names of companies, but he shared how they worked.

I know I am of no help without the link or his name, and for now I am unable to find it in my notes, which is surprising since I couldn’t get the interview out of my head for days. It’s not something I wouldn’t write down. I will keep looking through my office mess. I’m terrible for scribbling things on little notepads and forgetting to put them in my notebooks. Oh, and I’m terrible for when I’m finally ready to put them in a notebook I can’t figure out what the heck I wrote or the subject, so I have to look it up on an internet search. One of these days I will learn. Hopefully.

Anyways, I really believe it’s darkness fighting the light. Satan wants control of the earth and all of its sinners. Screw the good folks. It’s why we’ve seen the attacks on Christians, our Creator and everything good. Soros, the Rothschild and their ilk want world domination and in order for that to happen they must destroy the one powerful country who still believes in God and good. They’ve been doing a heck of a bang up job too. They’ve found how easy it is to control the masses and destroy the good. Our government is run by crooks, and if any enter, they are soon blackmailed or threatened in ways that they change. Look at Mike Lee and others. We voted them in because we thought they would do us right and once they walked through those doors, they slammed it on their constituents. Bang. We no longer are worthy.

Look how rich so many of our politicians have gotten over the years on their paltry salary. Maxine Waters has been office making how much and she lives in the whitest part of LA in a $4 million plus home? She can afford the upkeep and so forth? Where is the money coming from? Her husband’s illegal and ill gotten gains? How did that happen? He had help.

There was another interview I watched from an ex-spy of Russia. He explained how they used propaganda and useful tools like the blm, antifa, the new feminists etc to destroy governments so they could waltz in and take control. Once they did so, they would kill these groups or imprison them. Every country had their own groups and we now have ours. If you want to watch this interview I know where I can look it up for you. I know exactly where it is. You’ll just have to go You Tube and type it in since I can’t do links from my phone. This guy Yuri may be talking about Russia and what his country did, but one can easily see the NWO’s have copied the same game plan. I will send the information in another reply, otherwise, I will lose everything I’ve written if I try and leave here and go look for it.

Bottom line, one world order, leaders not voted in, riches beyond their imagination and lots and lots of peasants with no borders in any land. Complete chaos on the outside of their richly walled estates. I actually think they will all live on their very own islands, can’t have any of the peasants revolt.

Will they succeed? I don’t know how far they will get, but they will not win. The light always uncovers darkness. I also truly believe our Creator’s Angels such as Raphael, Michaelangelo and a great many others are battling like never before against the demons and other evil creatures. We need to pray for them in our prayers as well. They are fighting for all of mankind.

Well, I royally screwed up on keeping a post short and sweet. This was not my intention to carry on like this, it was just one thing after another that kept entering my mind. I will try and better next time, and to be honest, the majority of my posts have gotten considerably shorter, just not this one. I apologize. I sincerely do.
            Be well, and stay strong,
            Ma’iingankwe

2. cboldt says:

Good article by Lyle Denniston of SCOTUSblog. The article includes a link to yesterday;s filing, and explanation of procedural stuff between the 9th Circuit and SCOTUS.

3. OmegaManBlue says:

Looks like some judge in Hawaii is about to get slapped down.

4. neilmdunn says:

An article on the threat of Judicial Supremacy.
    “Lincoln and Jackson defied judicial supremacy by rejecting its illegitimate authority. President Trump must do the same. The travel ban is within his authority.”

“…the President of the United States is not obligated to justify his motives to a paternal court to exercise his authority.”

“By ignoring the courts, President Trump will restore respect for his authority, for the separation of powers and for the power of the people to rule themselves.”

• Matt says:

Neil- wasn’t it President Jackson, when replying to the Supreme Court about some case in his day, said “they’ve made their decision, now let them enforce it”, or something to that effect? And then simply ignored their ruling?

• Grad says:

Everyone remembers that, but the decision was in favor of the sovereignty of native tribes in Georgia. The court ruled that the state had no say over their lands. Lot of gold in northern Georgia back then.

• scott467 says:

“Everyone remembers that, but the decision was in favor of the sovereignty of native tribes in Georgia.”

________________

We need a similar ruling in favor of the SOVEREIGNTY of the American people, ‘natives’, i.e., people who were BORN here.

WE the PEOPLE are Sovereign.

We’ve just forgotten, and allowed a wholly corrupt government to run roughshod over us.

• John in Indy says:

Not just the expulsion of native tribes and from tribal lands, but of individuals within those tribes from their own land, particularly the Cherokee. Records of the time show that in the Cherokee (one of the “5 civilized tribes”) area, the only way to tell a Cherokee farm from a white one was to knock at the door.
          The Supreme Court prohibited the land grab and the tribes’ removal. Jackson refused to enforce the Courts’ decision against the State, and added Federal power to the expulsions.
          John in Indy

• Ahhh, an early urban renewal project. See the Kelo case. Ever since my very liberal California community college instructor expressed his admiration for Pres. Jackson, who sounded to me like current Democrats and/or OWS people, I have had NO respect for Jackson. WH wrecker extraordinaire, among other things.

• Blade says:

No. Why hand the enemy an impeachable offense? Everyone knows that there are double standards for (D)ummycrats vs (R)epublicrats, but by now everyone should be able to plainly see there are even more radical double standards between the Uniparty ruling class and outsiders like Trump regardless of party. They are laying all sorts of traps to get him to spring one. Never take the bait even though the judicial ruling is clearly unConstitutional.

Yes it was Andrew Jackson who said that about John Marshall, Chief Justice and last surviving (F)ederalist, but it was never acted upon. The most important thing about it was the possibly apocryphal quotation which highlights the ongoing problem posed by the Supreme Court ever since Marshall gave us Marbury v Madison. Andrew Jackson, by the way, could get away with an impeachable offense had he wanted to since he had weak opposition as the head of his own brand new (D)emocrat Party while the non-affiliated scrambled to create the feckless Whigs. [ BTW, Jackson could also likely get away with shooting his opposition too, having at least a dozen duels under his belt, carrying a bullet inside his body for life, at least one amazing assassination attempt, and in general scaring his enemies to death. IIRC, it was Henry Clay, his mortal enemy, and/or Calhoun and/or the head of the US Bank who were all deathly scared that Jackson would one day either challenge them to a duel or just shoot them outright on sight. The details are less important than the overall gravitas of Andrew Jackson. ]

Lincoln had no possibility of being impeached once the southern states succeeded, their members of Congress resigned, leaving maybe a few Copperheads. Once Lincoln went whole-hog into the war of northern aggression [ troll bait ] he won the loving support of the radical (R)epublicans who made McCain and Graham look like peaceniks. Hence, he had no congressional resistance and no chance of being impeached. His suspending Writ, and countless other shaky war powers proved it. Trump has no such luxury, and it would be tremendously stupid of him to do something impeachable and dare them to act. Indeed, that would be snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

• Vince says:

““Lincoln and Jackson defied judicial supremacy by rejecting its illegitimate authority. President Trump must do the same.”

I’d rather some republican in congress move to have the judge impeached. It would be a legal way to handle this, plus congress created the law that President Trump is attempting to enforce, and so they do have skin in this game too.

5. Icandy55 says:

Why is president Trump even giving them the time of day? Quit playing games with people that have no authority.

6. visage13 says:

i am so over these judges who just do whatever they want, don’t follow the law and challenge the supreme court. They are corrupt and need to be taken off the bench.

7. fleporeblog says:

This seems to be a pretty big dea that the SC is asking this Barry from Hawaii loving MORON to respond why he did what he did to them by Tuesday. This moron probably never thought this would occur so quickly. He thought since the Justices are away until October 2nd, he could have a little fun acting as President. Well son, playtime is over and you better be prepared for your spanking as our President continues to MAGA!

• Covfefe-USA says:

Ha!! You bet – and he’s not taking the week end off, I can tell you that!!

• snaggletooths says:

Jeff Sessions went to the SC on Friday asking for clarification, so many naysayers across sites who claim Sessions does not do anything , once again are wrong.

• rf121 says:

I believe the point is the AG does not appear to be doing much. Friday he did his job.

• Alison says:

“… does not appear … ”

Since when – other than the hyper-politicized & narrative-pushing Holder/Lynch – have we wanted/expected our AGs to be in the spotlight?

I realize prosecuting Hillary et al quickly, and in the limelight, is your litmus test. It is not mine.

Regardless of whether AG Sessions is pursuing Clinton crimes via grand jury or prioritizing other pieces of the Trump agenda or cleaning house at DOJ, I prefer not to have a whiff of what he is doing until it is a fait accompli.

So far, the announcements from AG Sessions about his fait accompli’s have indicated President Trump is keeping his promises.

That is my litmus test.

• rf121 says:

“I realize prosecuting Hillary et al quickly, and in the limelight, is your litmus test. It is not mine”.

Wow, I did not realize I said that. Let me re-read my post. Hmm, still not there. Nice to see you are such a big support of the AG. For me the AG put himself in the dog house right away with his recusal. There is not a single democrat AG that would have done that. None. So, like it or not, he screwed PT right away.

For me and others he has a way to go to redeem himself. Hopefully the fait accompli will occur before 2020.

I know. Troll alert!

• Alison says:

Which fait accompli – done by 2020 – is your litmus test?

• fenelonspoke010300ksk says:

This is not a rely to you, Alison- just a general comment and I’m not sure where it should be posted. I am new here and post very rarely. I can be found posting on “Ace of Spades” quite a bit. However, I like all the information here and the praying spirit of the Christians here. I am willing to give Jeff Sessions the benefit of the doubt. Just because he isn’t doing what many people want (going after Hillary, etc) in the time frame they want, I feel Sessions is working hard. There is a lot to clean up in the DOJ (following two terrible AGs) and he has to work against the Deep State. He cannot publicize everything he’s doing. I think the best thing that people of faith can do is pray for him and figure he’s probably in regular communication with President Trump who-did after all- chose him.

• joshua says:

you called troll on yourself. clearly you sound like you know yourself.

Sessions has a HUGE job, as does President Trump. Time to let our men do their jobs and be still for awhile.

We let this mess get where it is today….so how about letting the new clean up crew do what it takes for awhile?

• realcapedcrusader says:

Yep, Hillary is old news, better things, and criminals to go after right now. God will take care of Hillary, and. It won’t be swift, if you get my drift.

• snaggletooths says:

What a surprise a Sessions naysayer. smh

• Sylvia Avery says:

I just wanted to squeeze in a word here about Jeff Sessions whom I like very much and whom I have also criticized (which brought a deluge of bricks thrown at my head).

It seems to me there are many things the DOJ is doing with Jeff Sessions at the helm that are kind of under the radar stuff but are FABULOUS achievements!

For example, here’s a link to a fairly short article about Operation Streamline. It is a 12 year old law on the books that has gone unenforced that relates to deportations. Good stuff!

My point is just that a lot of what Sessions does is being done fairly quietly because it involves enforcing existing laws, hardly newsworthy, and because bringing lots of attention to it would bring out the crazies and their antifa friends.

• LafnH2O says:

Sylvia A
            As we all know…

Public announcements/ Interviews made by others, though respected, do not carry the weight of the Attorney General.
            We all know his words would be parsed beyond recognition.
            Avoiding the opportunity to misspeak, or to seemingly suggest a perceived preference (Depending on “What the definition of Is, Is!” (amplified by MSM)
            Strategically limiting AG Sessions discussion of or referencing of “something”(anything) which “might” be seen, by some, as untoward or “off”, or gives hint of some perceived advantage to the swamp, legallly or otherwise, seems prudent.

Making announcements, when ready, from a position of strength, seems wise.
            Imo

• dilonsfo says:

I always assumed that it would be easy for Sessions to have the Clinton files before a grand jury because, according to Comey, the FBI had completed the investigation but decided not to turn it over to the DOJ because there was “not enough evidence” to show Hillary committed a crime. Knowing Comey is a lying blowhard, I figured Sessions would ask for the investigation and show it to a grand jury. Then about a week ago articles began appearing saying the FBI investigation was wrought with errors. Now, I understand why a grand jury was not convened. It appears that the FBI purposefully did not collect evidence as is required.

• Chuck says:

But, but, Howie said…..

• Doesn’t it seem as if the Attorney General’s office is getting more done lately? Does this mean that some (many?) of the O holdovers are gone now?

8. sobriquet4u says:

Interesting photo of President Trump next to the pgymy. Trump’s steepling of his hands is one of the most powerful displays of confidence that we possess. The pgymy’s interlaced fingers?….mmm not so much. Hilarious photo.

9. Covfefe-USA says:

These people have no allegience to this country. They’ve gone to law school on the affirmative action plan – either their parents or grandparents were foreigners and may have struggled with speaking English and fitting in, may have been denied something due to their status, and this next generation is determined to avenge these past struggles. Their parents/grandparents left their homelands to come here for a better life and better way. This generation of affirmative action recipients have received incredible benefits their parents/grandparents never thought possible for themselves. Older generations of immigrants struggled but were still grateful for the prospect and hope of a better future. These little affirmative action twits however, have no loyalties, no apparent desire to preserve and protect that which has made their successes possible.

10. TONYA PARNELL says:

Well, I guess the idiot paid judge wants the whole middle east to claim they are cousins. Put em in Hawaii.

11. WeThePeople2016 says:

I said this last night that SCOTUS was going to move quickly on this. This HI judge is going to get smacked down, again IMHO. Sessions alluded to this in his appeal last night.

• deqwik2 says:

Sessions alluding to smackdown: The Supreme Court has had to correct this lower court once, and we will now reluctantly return directly to the Supreme Court to again vindicate the rule of law and the Executive Branch’s duty to protect the nation.”
      ————————————————————————————————-
      Full Statement:

“Once again, we are faced with a situation in which a single federal district court has undertaken by a nationwide injunction to micromanage decisions of the co-equal Executive Branch related to our national security. By this decision, the district court has improperly substituted its policy preferences for that of the Executive branch, defying both the lawful prerogatives of the Executive Branch and the directive of the Supreme Court.

“The district court has issued decisions that are entrusted to the Executive Branch, undermined national security, delayed necessary action, created confusion, and violated a proper respect for separation of powers. The Supreme Court has had to correct this lower court once, and we will now reluctantly return directly to the Supreme Court to again vindicate the rule of law and the Executive Branch’s duty to protect the nation.”

12. Dave says:

“Judge Watson claims everyone should be allowed entry into the U.S. regardless of national security concerns.” ? Who does he think he is? This judge, and other appointed lower court judges are not more powerful than the President OR the Supreme Court! And from the statement above and others he has made, he is not a very concerned American or very intelligent!

13. scott467 says:

The image of Hussein is way too large in that photo.

In reality, Hussein is MUCH smaller.

14. KenG says:

“by noon Tuesday”
    Eastern time I would hope.

15. vfm#7634 says:

We still need to kick Hawaii out of the Union. #ExpelHawaii

• Clydeen says:

Keep good California and expel San Fran and we stay at 50!

• Remington..... says:

I was telling a buddy from Hawaii that we need to pull both the Navy and AF, others, out of Hawaii. Leave the museum at Pearl. Move everyone to Guam where we have infrastructure in place. Leave Hawaii to the stinkin’ liberals, homeless, and mooselums. Kalifornia. – West – with humidity.

16. mikebrezzze says:

Put 300 refugees in Waikiki & watch the Japanese cancel reservations one right after the other!

17. saywhat64 says:

Notice how the Reuters frames this around Trump fighting against “grandparents” being banned without mentioning cousins. If one goes back far enough, aren’t all human beings cousins? In the target countries, one does not even have to go back that many generations to be labeled as cousins.

• Daniel says:

Without a standard of documentation it’s a problem. With genetic testing it’s a problem as well. Most people are not aware of the high rates of inbreeding in majority Muslim countries. Google it. It’s the primary reason for high rates of birth defects in those countries.

• Sylvia Avery says:

I have read that especially with Pakistanis there is a lot of inbreeding and some incredibly high rate of birth defects, like 25 percent or something like that.

Regarding the standard of documentation, this made my head explode:

“…there is also a certain lack of true identification with Western notions of bureaucratic and biographic fact; many, if not most, Afghans currently living in the West have some lies of necessity in their past. Whichever of them arrived first—a father, an older brother—generally had to make up a supposed family name and a birthdate on the fly, because back home, until one generation ago most people did not have a last name and birth dates were not recorded. I know respectable, law-abiding Afghan families where everyone’s birthdays are implausibly sequential—June 1, June 2, June 3 and so forth, because the family member who filled out the immigration paperwork had to make up birth dates and thought it would be easier to remember them this way.”

• Derek Hagen says:

Reminds me of a certain story in Genesis. Things never change, it seems.

18. Chuck Finley says:

If we had a House of Representatives that actually did their constitutional duty, impeachment proceedings for this judge would begin at 8:00 am Monday.

Instead, they will be working behind closed doors on strategies to pass a CR instead of a budget ….. and it will include no funding for a wall.

19. TwoLaine says:

ACTUALLY this is a good time for AG Sessions to set the record AND SCOTUS straight, and tell them they don’t get to rewrite Refugee Law. They usurped their powers in the prior ruling and way overstepped their bounds. Maybe we can correct this now.

Ann has been all over it from the get go.

Hawaiian rogue judge has until Tuesday to respond to Trump SCOTUS motion
    by Ann Corcoran
    15 Jul 2017

• Comrade Mope says:

Perhaps it is time to do things the old fashioned way, let me explain.

“The Supreme Court said then that the ban could take effect, but that people with a “bona fide relationship” to a U.S. person or entity could not be barred.”
      (From the link.)
      Who is it that determines what a “bona fide relationship” is? How does one prove this relationship if they do not have papers? How long does that determination take? How many steps in the appeal process? And, of course, what are the fees?

See what I mean? Let them take the Administration to court when all their administrative appeals are complete. It’s just like the way they ‘slow walk’ Trump’s nominees, only different.

• TwoLaine says:

Someone in the State Department made the decision, it was not the WH. And we believe that someone is not a friend of the Administration, but of the refugee contractors who suck the blood and money out of the American taxpayers and get rich seeding our neighborhoods in the dark like the cockaroaches they are.

• Dixie says:

There is so much at that link including:

By the end of the day we are now over the President’s ceiling by 194, and I think it would only be fair if HIAS set up an office in Hawaii and resettle all of those over the ceiling in that state! After all, Hawaii isn’t getting its fair share—only 3 so far in FY17.

• TwoLaine says:

EXACTLY! The fact that the contractors have exceeded the 100% Legal and UNTOUCHABLE CEILING put in place by President TRUMP is why they are screaming. How dare he utilize his LEGAL Presidential powers to curtail their illicit trade.

As to Hawaii, of course the POTUS has set it up to be his and his rich “friends” private sanctuary. He’s closed off beach front waters so no one can go there.

• Dixie says:

I know the POTUS you refer to is sub-zero……who only thinks he is still POTUS.

Has he really closed off beach front waters? Can he even do that unless it’s his private property?

I’ve been reading at Corcoran’s link off and on for over two years now….turns my stomach. I helped to circulate a petition to stop the faith based organizations from promoting the acceptance of incoming refugees and getting paid plenty for it. I worked on it locally and otherwise. It went NOWHERE, very few signatures. The only thing I accomplished was getting a few people around me stirred up. I thought I might be making progress when it got to the sheriff. It fizzled. I think the words “faith based” takes the air right out of it.

There are a bunch of those organizations in North Carolina and they are in the news again now…..in your face with it too. Now they are hiding illegal immigrants who have been deported by ICE. The story I read in the paper recently didn’t disclose more than a half dozen of them but imo there are many more than that. Law enforcement won’t go into church properties and such. The people who run these organizations know they are breaking the law but they consider it immoral not to assimilate refugees and they also know they won’t be charged.

I think they are more money based than faith based…

20. Obama appointee with the Uniparty Senate voting unanimously 94-0 and a Republican Senate majority no doubt.

On March 13, 2017 Barack Obama paid a surprise visit to Honolulu, Hawaii.
    On March 15, 2017 US District Court Judge Derrick Watson, who presides in Honolulu, rejects President Trump’s travel ban for the second time. For the second rejection, Watson managed to produce a 43-page decision within two hours of the case being filed.

On top of Obama’s influence, I wonder how many of Watson’s buddies in California and Hawaii work as immigration law attorneys. 95% of law schools in the US provide a immigration law clinic, it’s a big business within the field.

21. magagirl says:

Why don’t they send a troop of “refugees” to Hawaii and build their camp next this idiot’s house? I bet that would keep him entertained.

22. JustSomeInputFromAz says:

This is an interesting page at DHS website which defines family, does not include Grandma, Cousins, Aunts, Uncles: https://www.uscis.gov/family/family-us-citizens.

Hat tip to a poster over at Legal Insurrection……..

• Alexsandra says:

Yes, I wonder if the judge was aware of that or chose to ignore it so he could create new law, as since he has no respect for the POTUS and the rule of law, he apparently thinks he can create new law / directives also. Friend of OZero.

• Dixie says:

According to Clarence Thomas, the Supreme Court interim ruling will open a pandora’s box of litigation (paraphrased). IMO, the Supreme Court as a body is just as wrong as Judge Watson. Have they all lost their minds?

• Why yes, Dixie, yes, they have. All lost their minds. I believe this is due to TDS gone even more awry than just a couple of months ago. All this rush, rush, rush, hurry, hurry, hurry, now is driving a good deal of the US judicial system nutz.

• JustSomeInputFromAz says:

Hmmm, me thinks yes they (some of the Judiciary) have indeed lost their minds or are of sound mind and have decided to overstep their power.

The thing for me is this: has anyone actually brought to a court a refusal of a Visa? Not that I can find in the news.

I hope the State Department is currently slow walking ALL Visa paperwork from the targeted counties.

23. Kaco says:

What are they asking for a response? Is he going to give a rationale that a person’s grandparents have been acting as parent to a certain person? Same with an aunt or uncle. I don’t know if this is going to go the way we hope. Why is this even ruled on, as if someone has a right to be here that is not a citizen?

24. Ross Newland says:

The Reuters article said:
    “The U.S. Supreme Court has asked the State of Hawaii to respond by Tuesday at noon”…

But this article (and other sources) say Judge Watson has to respond by noon on Tuesday.

The state (i.e., it’s attornies), and the court are two different entities. Can anyone clarify? If attornies for the state of Hawaii have to submit the brief to the Supreme Court, that could be very different than the judge submitting a document.

It seems the state might be the one on the hot seat at the moment, because it is the entity that brought the complaint, right?

Please correct if that is wrong…

25. sg says:

I don’t see why any version of the travel ban should have to go to court in the first. place. this is something which is clearly a legit. exercise of Executive power. it should not be open to judicial review imo. this wacko judge just substituted his policy preference based on his personal preferences, nothing else. now the Justice dept. has to go pleading to the the SC asking for judicial approval of their ban.

26. American Me says:

Fellow Treepers, would I be a horrible person if wished President Trump would just ban any and all immigration to the U.S.A.? If your not American than no entry. Would a judge be able to modify/alter a complete and total ban on all non Americans from entering the country? Does President Trump have the Constitutional Authority or does he not?

• Sylvia Avery says:

If you are a horrible person, American Me, I stand right there with you. I am a grandchild of immigrants on both sides. I loved their stories. I am glad they came here and become citizens. I have loved the view of America as a melting pot, the Statue of Liberty in the harbor, all of it.

But I’m done. We must stop. The world has changed. I had to change my views finally to adapt to the new realities. Economists are always saying we have to have immigration to fuel our economic expansion. Do we? Really? I don’t automatically buy that garbage any more.

Big Tech insists we don’t have the skilled people they need. Liars. We don’t have the cheap labor they want. Skills gap? We can train.

Tucker Carlson had some environmentalist on his show last week, I believe, who has taken a ton of flack from his fellow lefties because he doesn’t think wide open immigration is good for our country. Our population will have tripled (I think he said) by the end of the century if we continue our immigration policies. This has huge implications on our water, land use, EVERYTHING.

Added to that, I am including a link. I keep posting it here today, and I am sorry for repeating myself but I read the article this morning and I am just freaked out by it. It is long, detailed, and very thought provoking. It deals with the difficulties of vetting those who come here and the cost of failing at that.

• deqwik2 says:

One thing that gets no attention is the fact that the 50,000 cap on immigration was re-instated when the ban was allowed by the Supreme Court.

Remember when the ban was stopped by 9th Circuit & we were hearing msm say Trump broke his promise & raised immigration numbers ,, well it was put back to Obama’s numbers because the 50,000 number is in travel ban. Now the ban is in effect & the number doesn’t go back up to Obama’s 110,000.

• Sedanka says:

I too would like to see ZERO immigration for several generations to allow for some real assimilation to take place. Trump probably can’t do that in one fell swoop but perhaps it’s the long term goal.

27. burnett044 says:

Most folks are familar with the term Aloha as a warm greeting in Hawaii…..
    having lived there a few years I learned there is an additional part that follows that …Yes the words .”.and don`t forget to leave”
    odd place …was fun but glad I am gone from there.

28. booger71 says:

Little did Elvis know that when he filmed Blue Hawaii, how BLUE it actually would become.

29. Edith Wenzel says:

Great Picture! great depiction of Obama – right sized.

30. Larry says:

The idea Watson is still referred to as a “judge” is absolutely ludicrous. He is no judge. He is a political activist and was put in place to do exactly what he is doing. Hopefully, President Trump will simply ignore him and move on. Impeachment won’t work since it takes a 2/3 majority. No way any leftists would vote to impeach the fraud Watson.

31. Donna in Oregon says:

I have been looking for the DOJ brief to see what arguments are before SCOTUS. I read the Hawaii brief. But I started reading the comments on Breitbart and some of them were hysterical. Usually the comments are too combative, but some of these made me laugh so hard I cried.

By the way, I think this will be put off because of the open door to the ban that is created. I cannot see Justice Kennedy ruling for Judge Watson after the full court ordered a per curiam decision partially staying the injunctions. The 9th Circuit could not ask the Supremes to clarify its decision. The DOJ jumped over the 9th Circuit, which would have rubber stamped Judge Watson. Hope Justice Kennedy is annoyed with the ‘Supreme’ Judge of Hawaii /sarc.

32. Watcher says:

Why would any Muslim want to leave utopia and come here?

33. After reading I’m not sure what we need more term limits for Congress or Federal Judges.

34. Dana Doran says:

It figures. I loved living in Hawaii – but it’s the only state in the nation that permits, by law, a homeowner’s association to change your deed to include the right to foreclose after the fact. True fact. Corruption reigns supreme. It’s also amazing that a state with a population of less than that of San Diego, CA makes security decisions for the rest of the nation…..

35. Dana Doran says:

I just want to say that when people are divorced in the United States (any one of 50) GRANDPARENTS have no rights….there is no bonafide relationship that guarantees they will ever see their grandchildren again! SO WHY DO FOREIGN GRANDPARENTS HAVE A BONAFIDE RELATIONSHIP? Totally BS and runs counter to laws established here, in the United States of America.

36. Cam White says:

One by One I cannot wait until we get rid of Every dirtbag Commie Obama Judge appointee.

37. zaq123 says:

Still amazes me how the ones that want these 3rd world savages in this country, the most, live a million miles away from where they’re all settled. People like this judge have no desire to live with or amongst the savages, but love bringing them in because of the chaos they bring and the fact that they’ll all vote for the Dem’s. That is, until they start running and winning elected positions, then it’s game over for everyone.

But, until that time, drop all the refugees off at his doorstep and have him take care of them, since he’s so compassionate.

38. dj says:

Why isn’t the Supreme Court removing this anti American constitution judge from his job?. This POS took an other to uphold the constitution of this country and protect its people.