On Friday, President Trump and the First Lady will participate in the annual Bastille Day ceremonies. President Trump will be the first United States President to participate in the ceremonies since 1989. In order to commemorate the 100th anniversary of the entry of American troops onto French soil during World War I, the people of France have designated the United States as this year’s national guest of honor.

The President and First Lady will be joined in the ceremony by troops from the United States Army’s First Infantry Division as well as three heroic United States veterans of the Normandy Invasion. Also, the United States Air Force Thunderbirds will conduct a flyover with planes from the French Air Force.

The President and First Lady will return to the United States shortly after the conclusion of the ceremonies.  Schedule:

♦ 10:00 AM (Local)  // 4:00 AM (EDT) The President and First Lady depart their overnight accommodations en route to Place de la Concorde
♦ 10:05 AM (Local) // 4:05 AM (EDT) The President and First Lady arrive at Place de la Concorde
♦ 10:10 AM (Local) // 4:10 AM (EDT) The President and First Lady participate in the French National Day Parade with President and Mrs. Macron – Place de la Concorde
♦ 12:10 PM (Local)  // 6:10 AM (EDT) The President and First Lady depart Place de la Concorde en route to Paris Orly Airport – Place de la Concorde
♦ 12:35 PM (Local) // 6:35 AM (EDT) The President and First Lady arrive Paris Orly Airport
♦ 12:45 PM (Local) // 6:45 AM (EDT The President and First Lady depart Paris, France en route to Newark, New Jersey

“France is a beautiful country that is rich in history and culture,” said First Lady Melania Trump. “I am grateful to President and Mrs. Macron for their gracious invitation and hospitality as we celebrate Bastille Day with them, which is not only a celebration of France’s national day, but on this occasion, in 2017, also honors the historic cooperation between France and the United States during the First World War.”

The First Lady continued, “I also want to take a moment to thank the employees and families of the United States Embassy for all of their hard work on behalf of our country, and to extend my warmest wishes to the patients and staff at Necker Hospital. My visit with the patients was very special, and I will continue to keep them all in my thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery.”  (link)

This entry was posted in FLOTUS, France, Melania Trump, President Trump, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

164 Responses to Schedule Today: President Trump and First Lady Melania Join Bastille Day Celebrations…

1. Sentient says:

Having to be in that man-boy’s presence must be hard work for our president.

• Meriadoc says:

Being in the presence of his strange wife must be even worse.

• Esperanza says:

On the other hand Melania can rest assured 🙂

• farmhand1927 says:

Melania stuns in the classic, impeccably tailored red suit. The red, white and blue dinner dress symbolizing the flags of both countries was another knockout. Then, the gorgeous pastel floral dress for the parade.

Elegance, class, style, good taste, warmth, feminine charm and ladylike decorum personified.

• farmhand1927 says:

Did you notice the snub President Macron gave his bride as he finished the review of troops and went up on the stage with the Trump’s to watch the parade? He walked up the steps, greeted people on his way to his seat, walking past his wife as she gestured to reach out to him but was bypassed. Macron greeted President Trump and spent the most time greeting Melania, smiling, looking intently into her eyes….as Mrs. Macron glared at them. Twice he walked past his wife as if she were an empty chair. Oops.

Isn’t it telling the jackals at CNN and MSNBC didn’t run with that and create one of their epic scandals? If the same actions were abt our First Couple, its all we’d be hearing abt.

• Esperanza says:

Brit papers scandal mongering about Trump telling Mme Macron she looked good.

• decisiontime16 says:

I don’t watch the MSM. Is this very good news being widely reported?

French President Macron and POTUS Trump Pledge to Eradicate Terrorism on Eve of Bastille Day

Matt Miller Jul 13th, 2017 8:01 pm
          President Trump and French President Macron held a joint press conference Thursday, the eve of Bastille day. One year after the Islamic terror attacks in Nice, they pledged to cooperate to “stand against these enemies of humanity, and to strip them of their territory, their funding, their networks, and their ideological support,”.

President Trump also asserted that efforts to destroy the Islamic State will not be undone by lack of effective post- conflict planning as was seen in Iraq under President Bush or in Libya under President Obama.

This show of cooperation between the U.S and France reinforces the front against ISIS and terrorism as a whole, also indicating that the U.S does not intend on repeating its past mistakes in the Middle East.

• AM says:

Again, don’t feel bad for her. This is the bed she made. She had husband and 3 kids – a real family. She dumped them for twinkle toes.

• Rainy says:

Crepe skin Susette.😒

2. Doug says:

question why is the president landing at newark airport and not andrews?

3. filia.aurea says:

I was thinking how great it would be if Air force 1 could stop off for a couple of hours In London and picked up those poor parents along with their baby Charlie.

4. akearn says:

I can’t wait for the parade, thank you, SD!!! Maybe I should just stay up here on the West Coast. Forgive the superficial digress, but does our FLOTUS have some of the best legs ever?! And what another beautiful, perfect outfit. I don’t know why Mrs. Macron would wear white and above the knee … it is neither a good color nor length for her. She needs some color. And she fidgets, poor dear, while Melania remains still and graceful. FLOTUS is killing it in every which way. Ok, back to the larger issues at hand. Enjoy, Treepers, and merci encore, SD!

• Sylvia Avery says:

Parade coverage now on FOX!

• farmhand1927 says:

Apparently the French don’t place hands over hearts during their National Anthem. I’m glad we do.

• Bendix says:

I don’t think Mrs. Macron ever thought this would be her life.
      I think she’s a nervous person to begin with, as well as a private one.
      That’s one of the drawbacks of marrying a significantly younger person. That person may be just hitting their stride career-wise, while the older spouse is winding down.
      Of course, it doesn’t always work that way. The Trump marriage being a glaring exception.
      However, I think Melania understood her husband to be a glaring exception in a lot of ways, and supports that.

5. fleporeblog says:

I am about to go to bed! I will pray and pray until my body shuts down. By the time I will wake up, our President and FLOTUS will be on a plane coming back home! I can’t wait to wake up to that wonderful news!

• akearn says:

Can’t wait for that, either, flep. Sweet dreams!!

• Raven says:

I started crying right now when I read that President Trump and our First Lady should be on their way home.

Before coming here I searched online to see if they were on their way home yet, and mostly silly lies from May showed up. After praying almost every waking hour yesterday for God to keep everyone safe and bring them home again, it is a sweet word of relief to know God is winging them back to us.

Thank you Lord, for answering our prayers.

6. buckweaver27 says:

Interesting write-up Sundance. So, the last time a US President attended Bastille Day events was 1989. That would be George HW Bush, along with other World leaders who were invited for the bicentennial of the French Revolution. (see NY Times article from 1989 here http://www.nytimes.com/1989/07/14/world/france-celebrates-a-day-of-history.html )

I remember watching the military parade that year. I’d never seen anything like it, and thoroughly enjoyed it.

• Doug says:

Would have loved to have seen France then before all the refugees trashed the place .. last time I was there it was awful and it seems it’s even worse

• A2 says:

Doug, when I lived in Paris, to borrow a phrase, they were ‘the years that were fat’.
        I lived very close to my favourite architectural monument the Eiffel Tower. I could navigate anywhere in Paris if I could see it and find my way home.

I, like many, used to snarkily say, Paris is marvelous except for the French. I regret that now, to my shame, considering the influx of so-called refugees that are destroying the culture and the city of light.

Now, I have only a Hemingway-esque view to hold tight to,
        Paris is a moveable feast.

• Janie M. says:

Whenever, I think of France (Paris), A2, I think of the Edith Piaf song, “La vie en rose.” Although I do not speak or understand French…it seemed romantic and exotic to a young child.

• botvinnik says:

The actor Peter Ustinov once said, “I can never forgive God for having invented the French.”

heh

• A2 says:

LOL. The Brits and French have been throwing verbal brickbats at each other for centuries. Of course there were more deadly encounters like the Thirty Years War and so on. In some ways it helps to reaffirm their separate identities because lurking under the insults is the knowledge they have been genetically intertwined for a very long time.

I think it was in 2000 when the great epidemic of foot and mouth disease was running rampant in the UK. I was living in London at the time and the French farmers were letting rip with unmentionable expletives towards the Brits. Of coarse the Brits gave as good as they got. It’s like a big dysfunctional family that on occasion has to meet the relatives you would like to forget at a reunion, generally ending in a food fight with vows never to speak to each other again.

I saw this pattern replicated in Vietnam towards the French. Love and hate all over a French baguette stuffed with Banh mi. 😀

• Esperanza says:

For me France and Britain are like brothers. You fight and get jealous and then you grow up. The town where I live was sacked twice by the English lol.

Both sides of my maternal family have Norman French names.

• Rudy Bowen says:

Thirty Years War? No, I think you meant the Hundred Years War, the Thirty Years War was in Germany, mostly, a conflict over the Restoration. The English had already simply kicked the Catholics out and founded the Church of England.

• mcclainra says:

I love Paris, and France, too. When I first went to Paris in 1984 or 5, brother stationed in Germany, and most Americans talked about the snotty French. Well then, and the several times since, I have found that to be totally untrue. People tend to treat others like they are treated, and I have never been treated badly when in Paris or France. I hate that the invaders have been allowed in, and are determined to ruin all things Western there, particularly Paris, and they will never assimilate, and should not be tolerated. It has been suggested to me that some of this is a result of the French’s guilt about colonization………. I just hope they wake up before it is too late.

7. no-nonsense-nancy says:

Well, I’m awake, can’t sleep anyway, so I may as well watch it. i will probably still be awake in two hours. Where will i be able to see it? Here?

8. Grandma Covfefe says:

Bastille Day Parade–July 14, 2017 Don’t know if this video will work, I’ll find out as soon as it starts in 1/2 hour.

9. fedback says:

President Trump and First Lady arrives at Place de la Concorde

10. fedback says:

First Lady looks stunning. Floral dress, I believe

11. Sylvia Avery says:

Am enjoying the parade. The military are resplendent! Horses are always great!

Melania has another one of those beautiful fit and flare sleeveless dresses with a wide belt. This one is white with a floral print. Blue shoes, I think. Haven’t seen a good close up yet. Her hair is down.

Madame Macron has a royal blue dress on, just above her knees I think. Really only got a glimpse. The color is better on her. White and black are too severe for her coloring, I think.

12. Troublemaker10 says:

• Raven says:

Love looking at the body language of all these people.

In the photo Sarah Sanders posted above Presidents Trump & Macron are shaking hands. President Trump is taller than President Macron which causes him to naturally look down when the two talk. Seeing President Macron’s head is also tilted downward — instead of up towards the person he is shaking hands with — reminds me of a puppy looking for a head rubbing.

And in the photo of the Presidents with their wives at the top of the post it is interesting to see President Macron standing closer to President Trump than to his wife (although he still has his arm around her waist). President Macron definitely needs the encouragement and training only a man can give him, and it looks like he is thrilled to be getting some of that from President Trump.

13. MOA says:

Just get out of that cringing French cesspit, long ago defeated by muslims, as fast you as you can Pres.
    Thanks.

14. fedback says:

Stephen Miller is also attending the parade.
    Perhaps the President is going to deliver remarks

15. fedback says:

The President saluting U.S troops.
    Wonderful moment

16. Grandma Covfefe says:

At the end, the band played and march in formation to spell’ NICE’, in honor of the killing in Nice one year ago.

• Esperanza says:

In honour of the killing no. In honour of the victims. Was reading that there are several babies traumatised inside the womb. They are currently being treated.

• Grandma Covfefe says:

Esperanza, You are right and you said it just the way I should have if my mind was clearer at 3AM I had 22 hours of no sleep-Conk!. My apologies to anyone who would take offense to my wrong word. That night a year ago was one of the most awful events. How were the babies traumatized? Physically or mentally? So sad. and again i apologzied for the saying it wrong.

• Esperanza says:

No worries, but we’re all a hit touchy here because that is exactly how it’s starting to feel here. Hollande just wrung his hands. We put teddy bears and do commemorations.

Apparently the babies have behaviour problems. A doctor was saying one toddler whose whole family was injured and was lost, rescued by a passer-by, runs toy figures over with his truck, over and over again, he did 30 times in a consultation in the doctor’s surgery.

• Grandma Covfefe says:

That is so horrible!! I pray that somehow they’ll find something that will snap them back into acceptance and healing as it should be. Their lives will never be the same, but it is the proper healing process that will help,

I do relate to this touchy thing going on. I get that way with things/people close to my heart. I still feel badly-I was in the tired brain fog and trying to keep an eye on our president. It was the wrong word-Thank you again, Esperanza, for having my back and quickly correcting it.

17. JAS says:

Thunderbirds over Paris 🙂

18. Grandma Covfefe says:

Safely back in The Beast. Heading to airport.

19. fedback says:

The President and First Lady depart Place de la Concorde

20. Dora says:

21. Dora says:

• botvinnik says:

Get home, Mr. President.

• wrd9 says:

The handshakes are pretty hilarious.

• dutzie60 says:

That was just plain Weird! I thought Macron was going to get in the car with them. Even she wouldn’t let Melania’s hand go. I can’t help but ask, What does he want?

• Bendix says:

You know those movies, where somebody is being held hostage inside their home, and the criminals make them go to the door and act like everything is normal, and the hostage tries to communicate that they need help without being detected?
          Could this be what we’re seeing here?

• aqua says:

How beautiful Paris looks in these celebrations. Tomorrow, alas, will bring back the mess of uncontrolled mass immigrations with populations that don’t respect the French history or culture.

I hope this becomes their vision for a new Paris, like the old Paris.

• Bendix says:

The French were always so particular (and snooty) about their culture.
        I never thought I’d miss French arrogance.

• Esperanza says:

We missed the Yankee larger than life can do attitude. Actually Trump taps into a deep French stereotype, “my uncle from America”. Could be Macron is reacting instinctively to that. I never thought I’d miss the chants of USA, USA.

• Esperanza says:

I was thinking that. It breaks my heart. I was a Parisienne for more than 30 years. I loved it.

22. dave says:

There’s a French air force?

Who knew?

• mcclainra says:

Called the ‘frogs’ by the US military………… at least they used to be. Brother stationed at Ramstein for a few years. A fighter pilot, and the French ‘mirages’ frequently flew over. I couldn’t tell the difference unless they were really , really low, and when I asked, the description was always “it’s the frogs, again”.

23. botvinnik says:

What do French children say at Halloween?

“trick or retreat.”

24. MfM says:

Mrs. Macaron with a handbag again. Melania lovely in flowing floral. She didn’t have to worry about it creeping up when she sat.

25. MIKE says:

“Retreat? Hell, we just got here!”

26. joninmd22 says:

The French military is very impressive marching by but the Muslims control the street.

27. georgiafl says:

Wheels up! – New Jersey, USA next stop!

28. botvinnik says:

De Gaulle withdrew France from NATO’s military command in 1966 and ordered all US troops to leave. Secretary of State, Dean Rusk, replied, “Does your order include the bodies of American soldiers in France’s cemeteries?”

29. Gnu and Improved says:

Interesting pic of Macron’s wife. Oops

30. MIKE says:

Au revoir, Micron et Mama Stick. Bonne chance with that muslim immigrant and socialist stuff.

31. wj2016 says:

This web site is hitting the hard issues. What color shoes is Melania wearing? Trump in France. Meanwhile back in the USA, Deep State media and their minion whittle away at our democracy.

• Wink says:

Obviously, you didn’t check all other story lines from the homepage. The threads on ISIS, the DOJ huge healthcare fraud sweep, etc. Yes, this one thread was on France. Next time, I suggest you do your homework by going to the home page first before blasting everyone because your in a nasty mood. It makes you look rather foolish.

• Jenny R. says:

Well, the meeting, outside of the fashion and hoopla, is significant (there are a lot of power plays being attempted right now):
      the EU is crumbling; France (and here I do mean the government and ruling elite, not the ordinary people who have to endure their bs, as it is in every other country) originally loved the idea — as they, once again, thought they could harness the German horse for the greater glory of la France Grande, and once again they have helped to turn over Europe to Germany (because strong horses often have agendas of their own that don’t involve being mules for weaker masters); the rest of Europe (especially the people of eastern and southern Europe, Britain) aren’t at all thrilled with it as well, as while they liked the prospects of potential riches the flip side is, well, Germany, who has never truly understood the intricacies of holding power
      So, France will be casting around for someone to counterbalance its old friend to the east, at the same time dealing with a certain demographic which they themselves let into their country (again due to the machinations of their ruling elite).

Macron is trying to convince that he is not Frau Reichkanzlerin’s poodle, and la France is calling the shots still — not le Boche. Of course he will opt for photo ops with Trump, and of course Trump will oblige him…because it further adds turmoil to EU realities (and as they mean us no good will, never have, are likely deeply involved in our domestic woes, wrong footing them is the order of the day).

32. palafox says:

Any particular reason the French still celebrate a “National Day,” given that they are enmeshed in the EU and therefore not necessarily sovereign, and that they flood their country with migrants who don’t care one bit about French history or culture?

33. gogogopher says:

What good does it do to constantly gripe about wives and looks and age and other petty little nothingness? I come to the Treehouse to gain insightful conversation and information, not listen to Joan Rivers wannabes talking me to death about insignificant garbage.

• boogywstew says:

Wow … I bet no one, ever, accused you of being “the life of the party”. If you’re not getting insightful conversation and information at the CTH today it’s because you’re not putting any effort into it.

• rvsueandcrew says:

If Sundance doesn’t approve of comments, he/she will have to take action because there’s no way for treepers to check with you first before writing a comment.

• Bendix says:

If Melania were a mean-spirited frump, the Trump visit would not have gone over half as well.
        If some of the more ‘feminine’ aspects of the trip were entirely frivolous, you would not see the wives included in the ceremonies, as they have been since there have been these ceremonies.

• gogogopher says:

I love to hear and read other peoples opinions and insights on the comprehensive research put forth by Sundance and crew, but how can I send people here to the Treehouse, the LAST REFUGE to read and understand that this movement that started from an escalator ride is ABOVE the fray of antifa and blm and feminazis when what they will see is the same kind of snark that we see on their blogs/comments/websites?

Grow up.

34. Sr.PegCJ says:

It was beautiful to see our lovely First Lady praying at Notre Dame

35. mot2grls says:

As I was slaving away cleaning my garage yesterday, I heard on the radio, (FOX News report at the top of the hour), that President Trump was reconsidering his withdrawal from the Paris Accord. Don’t know if it was true and I haven’t heard that story anywhere else. I certainly hope it isn’t true.

36. Laura Wesselmann says:

Melania Trump is a class act.

37. Pam says:

38. Pam says:

39. Troublemaker10 says:

My favorite short vid from the parade so far….

40. W-D says:

I still can’t get over what a increase in the amount of class and dignity our new FLOTUS exudes over the last one.

• LULU says:

I would like to forget the last one, who was an aberration. Time to move on. Bringing her up every time we look at Melania? What does that achieve. Let’s just admire Melania for all she is and leave the other one in the dustbin of history.

• W-D says:

Sorry LULU, I must have missed your memo telling me I’m forbidden to express my opinion in the way that I choose.

I’ll issue my answer to your memo at a later day. It will contain 2 words.

41. Landslide says:

Didn’t know Stephen Miller was on this trip—-he barely moved or changed expressions during the entire parade!! Maybe he was writing speeches in his head😎

42. LULU says:

The French president and his wife were gracious. I thought the whole thing was very interesting. The men got along well. Watching the parade, they looked like a couple of young boys. I fear that the women are not destined to be best friends. They don’t need to be.