President Donald Trump and First Lady Melania Trump spent most of the day today with their French counterparts Emmanuel Macron and Brigitte Trogneux as part of their Bastille Day visit to Paris.

Following a full day they dined together tonight at Le Jules Verne, a Michelin-starred restaurant that is located on the second floor of the Eiffel Tower.

Pictures/Video from earlier in the day below.

The first couples met at the Invalides monument in Paris for a tour of the golden-domed building that houses some of France’s greatest war heroes, including Napoleon Bonaparte and Marshal Ferdinand Foch, the supreme allied commander in World War I.

This entry was posted in FLOTUS, France, media bias, Melania Trump, President Trump, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

347 Responses to President Trump and First Lady Melania Dine at Le Jules Verne Eiffel Tower Dinner…

1. Michelle says:

Melania is like a gorgeous little doll and mrs macron looks like some drunk lady at a reunion lol.

• formerdem says:

With respect, I agree Melania is more beautiful but Mrs. Macron is really chic despite, well, everything, and imo is the only First Lady who gives Melania actual competition. Most pictures with Melania in them are just Melania and some other people, but where Mrs. Macron is, she is noticed too, she grabs the eye. I say this not because I agree with one single thing she stands for. But….

• maga2004 says:

Mrs. Macron is “chic” ? You have got to be kidding me. She seems to have this perpetual look of just waking up from a nap in her clothes. Is there no French fashion designer helping this woman? I know she is not a former model as our lovely Melania, but really she gives new meaning to “frumpy”.

• fleporeblog says:

She reminds me of a Gorilla from the original Planet of the Apes

• nimrodman says:

Can’t quite agree with “chic”

It’s not rocket surgery (to use a phrase I picked up here recently). For a woman her age and physical attributes, how difficult can it possibly be to recognize that one needs to choose hemlines that end below the knee?

• Jimmy Jack says:

It’s probably hard to dress your age when you are dating someone so much younger and are in denial about your age. Just my opinion.

Also, French women have very, very different style standards than we do. It would be nice to know what the French papers have to say. I guess I’ll have to start reading some. The British comments sections align with American’s – Mme. Macron looks like an old biddie trying to look younger.

• law4lifeblog says:

Mme Macron looks utterly ridiculous. Apparently she has no friends willing to tell her that and help her.

• LCSmom says:

Ugh – those knees should not be shown. She just dresses too casually and in dresses that are too short for her age, and body type. Trim legs are nice to look at – skinny legs with knobby knees are not.

And that dress looks vaguely like a nurses uniform.

• dogueluv says:

I completely agree! Skirts need to hit below the knee. She looks like a hot mess to me. Mrs. Macron tries to dress too young and it comes off as trying too hard. I’m not saying women her age should dress like an old lady, but she need to dress more sophisticated vs. trendy at her age.

• svenwg says:

She comes off as mutton dressed as lamb!

• BigMamaTEA says:

Well, at least closer to the knee , for the position she holds now. Every woman has that exact point of skirt length, that enhances the leg. It’s different on everyone based on physical shape of the leg and actual length of the leg.

• Jimmy Jack says:

Someone wasn’t paying attention to the Argentinian President’s wife.

I’d say the only other women who come close on the international scene are Queen Letizia of Spain, Duchess Catherine Windsor (Kate Middleton), and one of the Scandinavian royals but I can’t remember which.

• carrierh says:

And she desperately needs real hairdo to frame her dried up face. She must starve herself to be so gaunt and it ain’t helping her looks. Usually looks pouty or uptight, and the smile helped to make her look a lot better, but no taste in clothing. Maybe should take lessons from Melania and she is the rich one of the two and since she is 64 and he is 39, that money obviously helped him to get elected. I was hoping for LePen.

2. joninmd22 says:

Uhhhh, Madam Macron, perhaps there’s a better choice of wardrobe. You’re not 22 anymore and the 70’s are over.

3. In Az says:

We get the DNA we were born with…..our features. Some are very blessed, like Mrs. Trump. Society is soooo superficial and focuses too much on looks. Many are blessed with great physical features, strength, height, athletic ability, brains, comic personality, wit, etc.

Brigitte Trogneaux is not ugly. She does look anorexic. She does dress like she is a younger person which does not help her. I do believe she is self conscious of being so much older than her former student, so she tries too hard to look young.

She is unpolished. . her hair, makeup. . that she can control – she needs polish. She stands like she is constipated – my 85 year old mother with osteoporosis and Alzheimer’s stood up straighter than Mrs. Macaroni. Maybe she has a medical condition? One does not need to be a former model to have good posture and look put together / polished.

Mrs. Trump is around 45 years of age and dresses her age while looking good and wearing clothing in fashion, and clothes that suit her body shape. Mrs. Macron needs a good fashion and makeup team to help her do the same as Mrs. Trump

It is baffling that Mrs Macron does not try harder to look polished / put together. She probably thinks she looks great.
    Which is too bad.

• G. Combs says:

The first step is to acknowledge you are completely out of your depth.

The second step is to get expert help even if it means you have to shop around a bit.

I am a few years older that Mrs Macron, hate fashion, dresses and make-up and even I know she is not dressed correctly.

• WSB says:

I agree, as much as I cannot believe she is in this position, if she is a teacher, she should know critical thinking and how to access assistance to step up to the plate.

Her husband was just sworn in, though, so maybe we shall see more of a Nancy Reagan emerge from this Nancy Sinatra wannabe.

• georgiafl says:

Mrs Macron is 64 years old. She seems to be pretending to be less than 24.

• cheryl says:

She also looks like she’s wearing a wig.

• CountryclassVulgarian says:

She is self conscious about being so much older than her former student? Then perhaps she should have thought a thousand times before carrying out her pedophilic fantasies.

• wrd9 says:

Well said. France has such a great reputation for fashion that it’s sad to see their First Lady ignore it. I’ve reviewed the fashions of some of their past First Ladies and the majority were boring. Carla Bruni was a notable exception.

Check out the picture of Macron’s wife in this article. Awful.

If I were her, I’d go back to the French designers of the 1950s like Piguet or Fath. Fabulous designs with draping, asymmetry, interesting detailing. Sophisticated, stunning, and very French.

• RG says:

She looks like a French woman to me. If her hubby likes how she looks, so be it. BTW, Melania looks very elegant and I could never look elegant even if I had a couple of million to spend on my wardrobe or even if famous designers donated their goods to me. I just want to know what Trump and Macron talked about.

• Mary kate conly says:

Agree!! Melania is perfection but Ms Macron is a different animal. Sure she’s skinny/smoker-ery looking. Agree that her clothes have a youthful cut that clash with her older-looking skin. But she’s doing her thing. Wearing French designs in a style she apparently prefers. Good for her. Must be hard to be an object of ridicule for her age and clothing. I don’t support her lifestyle choices but her fashion choices pique my interest. Plus she seems very positive in her interactions with Melania.

4. nwtex says:

sheesh I thought this must be a special way to serve wine to foreign dignitaries. But wondered why in the courtyard.

5. Patriot1783 says:

Isn’t it nice after the last 8 years to have a First Lady that has a fashion sense and can pose for photos with her feet together??

6. llyod says:

Just an FYI: Alain Ducasse…This is very impressive. He is regarded as one of the best chef’s in the world. He is credited for improving French food from heavy to lighter but more flavorful while keeping the traditional flavors and techniques intact.

Where as obama ‘mr. I call my self sophisticated’ was taken to L’Ambroise (kind of a tourist trap – https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g187147-d718111-Reviews-L_Ambroisie-Paris_Ile_de_France.html) by Hollande….while the real red carpet continues to be rolled out for Trump where ever he goes bc in my opinion I think people realize that they are dealing with an adult and a serious one at that.

I always felt obama was treated like a mid level manager who didn’t really know what the ‘best’ was so they passed off cheaper things with a little hoopla and he not the press knew any better.

7. wodiej says:

Either there are alot of trolls on this thread or Treehouse comments have went downhill. Why all the nasty comments about the French First Lady? Her and Melania both look lovely.

8. Jacqueline Taylor Robson says:

I think she looks pretty good for her age, but she does need a better hairdo. She looks like she’s been dragged through a hedge backwards, bless her heart!

9. SharkFL says:

Statue of Liberty is happy. and Gustave Eiffel, who died in 1923 at 91 years old.

10. Dave says:

Melania is in a class by herself. Nobody comes close. Brigitte still beats out Angela Merkel and PM May by a country mile. Question……Did I understand that the restaurant was on the second floor of the Tower? From the photos, that means the first floor must be YUUUUGE!