Dramatic Eye Witness Video of Shooting During GOP Baseball Practice…

At approximately 7:00am this morning a man named James T Hodgkisson (66) opened fire on a group of republican congressmen, staff and associates who were practicing for an upcoming congressional baseball game.   (Details)

The dramatic eye-witness video (and audio) below captures most of the event:

This entry was posted in Death Threats, GOP DC Shooting, Police action, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

322 Responses to Dramatic Eye Witness Video of Shooting During GOP Baseball Practice…

1. MIKE says:

WOW. In less than twelve hours since this leftist attack, we know enough info on the perp, to come to a reasonable decision that he should have been on a terror watchlist.
    He allegedly had an AR-15 and a sidearm, and used them both. This guy was a known psycho.
    Forgive me for stating that the best thing about this event is that he has already dropped to ambient air temperature.
    Kudos to the Capitol police officers for preventing more deaths. Steve Scalise has been downgraded to critical condition. He is young and strong. May our Lord watch over him carefully.
    The national discussion topic should be not who or if, is to blame but how many loretta lynchs, bernie sanders, rosee odonnells, kathy griffins, acting troupes, etc. should be indicted as co-conspirators in an attempted murder(hopefully). And yes use the RICO act.
    Sadly I feel this event will come and go with only the leftists gaining more traction in their attempts to relegate our 2nd amendment to their ever changing, re-written history trash bin alongside flags, statues, bethlehem manger scenes, ten commandments, and The Lord’s Prayer for all the up and coming indoctrinated youth to never see or know.
    This is the state of our country today.

2. fleporeblog says:

I shared this video a week or so ago and mentioned that by 2018, it would be a full 1 minute commercial rather than a 31 second commercial. This is being played in the 6th congressional district in GA.

I never thought what happened today would be something that very easily can be included in this commercial. I PRAY that Rep. Scalise makes a full recovery. We have to take our country back and Republicans should not be embarrassed to run this damn video with a piece from today! They can use the video SD shared with shots being fired and Rep Scalise lying on the field as evidence.

3. NJF says:

Tony Schaffer on FBN, “this was a terrorist attack.”

Why? “Bc he was radicalized by the left.”

• Bull Durham says:

Colonel Schaffer should be inside the Oval Office. He thinks very clearly.
      Notice he ripped the Russia, Russia, Russia crap.
      And he’s an Intel operations officer.

So what did the Senate do today?
      More Russian sanctions. Tied the hands of the President.
      Russophobia.

4. Eric Kennedy says:

Sick

• trumpmaga says:

I allied them today and let them have it. I told the snowflake on the phone that there play was a disgrace and insisted violence and was a cause of the Virginia shooting today.
      Please call them and let them have it.

5. theresanne says:

Jeff Session, an honorable, good man and our AG, was treated savagely in the “hearing” yesterday. Now our Republican Whip Scalise is in the hospital in critical condition. It’s time for Republicans to unite with our President, stop the leaks and back-biting, and stand together kindly and firmly against the Lunatic Left.

6. seventhndr says:

So it looks like the media narrative has settled on “there’s crazies on both sides”.

We are still so handicapped by political correctness we still cannot speak even the most obvious truth.

7. Bull Durham says:

FBI just said he had a hand gun also. Won’t identify either weapon. (Stupid. What’s the big deal telling us what the weapon was?)

8. tazz2293 says:

If you all don’t understand by now than it is too late for you.

The progs have been weaponized by our feckless pols.

It ain’t even summer yet.

9. This Canadian has a pretty worthwhile blog; worth reading every day and he’s right on the money about liberal violence and hatred.

10. Bull Durham says:

Presser: Ladies and Gentlemen of America. You don’t need to know anything! We’re the FBI. Trust us.

11. Bull Durham says:

FBN identifies it as an SKS rifle. 10 round version of an AK-47. Internal mag capacity is 10 rounds.
    I owned one 25 years ago. Takes same ammo, 7.62, as AK.

9mm handgun.

Fox Business has the info but the FBI won’t let it out. Silly.

12. Bob Thoms says:

• tazz2293 says:

“If Trump is “Hitler” and Trump Movement people are “nazi’s”; then killing us is a good thing, right?”

That is what they are saying and most importantly; That is what they are doing!

13. tazz2293 says:

14. tazz2293 says:

This is what we are up against. The ignorance of the left is mind blowing

15. Bull Durham says:

If it’s “Islamic”, they try to hide it.
    If it’s “leftist”, they try to hide it.
    If it’s the Government, they try to hide it.

Now you know what the pressers are all about. Smoke gets in your eyes and up your arse.

Fascism is here. Lies lead the parade, then come the jackboots.

It permeates all our public policies.

They are terrorizing the nation in order to take total control. Just because Trump is in the WH does not mean they have stopped or lost power. They still control 85% of the government and 95% of the MSM. They control academics. They control our economy.

Trump came to Liberate us from this Fascist Liberal Cult.

16. Ron Hyatt says:

Who are the idiots that are just standing still?

17. Travis McGee says:

When seconds counted the cops were only minutes away.

• So now we are going to blame the cops? Cops are not omnipresent. I am sure they rushed ASAP – especially since this was happening to the ruling class.
      If your comment was a hint to second amendment right – right to carry – then it makes sense. But I don’t think in D.C. even the congressman/woman/senators can carry a weapon. Quick search on duckduckgo returns (of the many results) this interesting article –

• AZ_Giggles says:

I don’t think that was a smear to the cops but a supporting 2nd Amendment comment. Scalise’s security team were heroes (Capital Police). However, this might have ended even sooner (or not started at all) were more people allowed to be legally armed. (such as the other Congressmen, not that they would’ve chosen to be armed, but the possibility that everyone MIGHT be armed might have deterred the shooter)

• shadowcole says:

I would think congressman would be allowed to carry for their own safety. I haven’t heard any of them say they tried but couldn’t get permission. I did hear Rand Paul say that no one was armed except the person who was there for Scalise. I personally wouldn’t have put that kind of information out there, that’s like inviting every loon to come shoot you. They should all be armed and carrying either on person, in gym bag, in vehicle.

18. Michael says:

Shooter dies in hospital.
    Most convenient.
    Won’t be answering how he acquired firearms.
    Won’t be saying if he had help or encouragement.
    Dead men tell no tales.

Seth Rich can’t answer any embarrassing questions either.
    I’m paranoid? You decide.

19. Patriot1783 says:

You know what’s odd when Jeff Flake and the others with him had the interaction with shooter just before the shooting? When shooter asked them are those players republicans or democrats what they didn’t notice about him? Where was the rifle at that moment? What was the guy carrying when he spoke with them? Was he already set up in the woods? Witness said he asked the question then headed in direction of field.

• The Congressman who encountered the shooter said he did not see any weapons at all when they spoke. Congressman speculated that the shooter had “staged” the event before the shooting. An astute observation, I thought.

The Congressman also said he had to Google the name to get the shooter’s pic to find out whether it really was the shooter. I suspect the Congressman nearly threw up when the realization that he had been face-to-face with Death just a short time earlier.

20. James W Crawford says:
  21. Looking Up! says:

This is the sickness of a nation without God Almighty! A nation who has chosen to reject God the Father and to embrace the gods of their father the devil. This is a nation that has made its choice. God had said, “if only my people would hear my voice and obey me.”

People do evil and think they are doing it for the Lord. They call good evil and evil good.

Call upon the name of the Lord and repent daily! None of us is any better than this shooter. God forgives those who repent and turn from their wicked ways. God have mercy on this sinful generation. Open our eyes Lord God, open our hearts and guide us into Your ways. Change us and mold us into who You desire us to be. In Jesus Christ name I pray. Amen

• shadowcole says:

Preach it brother/sister, Amen! I do take exception to being better than the shooter. My son was murdered so you are saying I am no better than the sick b*tch that shot and killed my son. I disagree. I wouldn’t take another human’s life unless it was self-defense. Am I a sinner? yes, does God look at us differently no, but that doesn’t make me like a murderer and yes I feel I am better than that sick sob that shot up people yesterday morning.

• Looking Up! says:

I am sorry for your pain. I can be and am more often than not, so eaten up by the evil in this world. It is worse than I could have imagined when I was growing up. It will only get worse. I feel like you do. I don’t believe I would shoot or stab or anything else either. I honestly cannot imagine doing it and even in self defense it might be hard to deal with even after your gut instinct of survival took over. I have two grown son’s. I hope I never have to deal with the loss of either one. I can imagine that would about destroy most.

So much evil. I can only say that I have to try to pray for those who are victims and for those who do the crime. We never know and only God does know if something or someone will cause those who do these horrific crimes to come to Jesus Christ before it is too late.

Cling to Jesus Christ and pray. He IS our hope!

22. WHEN THE DEM’S STILL CARED ABOUT AMERICA
    “What is objectionable, what is dangerous about extremists is not that they are extreme, but that they are intolerant. The evil is not what they say about their cause, but what they say about their opponents.”
    ― Robert F. Kennedy
    “Those who are determined to be ‘offended’ will discover a provocation somewhere. We cannot possibly adjust enough to please the fanatics, and it is degrading to make the attempt.”
    “Neither the fanatics nor the faint-hearted are needed. And our duty as a Party is not to our Party alone, but to the nation, and, indeed, to all mankind. Our duty is not merely the preservation of political power but the preservation of peace and freedom.
    So let us not be petty when our cause is so great. Let us not quarrel amongst ourselves when our Nation’s future is at stake.
    Let us stand together with renewed confidence in our cause — united in our heritage of the past and our hopes for the future — and determined that this land we love shall lead all mankind into new frontiers of peace and abundance.”
    ― John F. Kennedy

23. We have been so eager to protect the right to dissent that we have lost sight of the difference between dissent and subversion. “No one party can terrorize our nation unless we are their accomplices.”

24. mari says:

I blame the Hate Stream Media, Hollywood movie stars, NYC Theater, and the Democrats in calling for violence against the President, Republican Congressional Representative, Right Wing media personalities, and Trump voters. The Democrats are in full Kamakazi War mode against the working people of this country, taxpayers, and citizens. They are now the terrorists

25. Beverly says:

I’m sure this has been remarked on , but WHAT TOOK SO LONG FOR THE SECURITY DETAIL TO SHOOT BACK????

Their protectee is lying in the outfield, shot and possibly dying, and eyewitnesses said they stood there and said, “Put the gun down,” and per this video, they did that for FOUR ENDLESS MINUTES while the assassin strolled around, taking shots at people in the most obscenely leisurely way. Not until someone yelled, “JUST SHOOT HIM!!!” did they finally butch it up and pop a cap in the guy.

WHY? WHY? WHY?

If that’s a security detail, my grandmothers, either one! would have been a helluva lot more protection than these two!

• dizzymissl says:

one of the people who was there said it was because they had pistols and he had a rifle and he was not in the range of the pistols.