Facing the growing possibility of customer backlash Delta Airlines and Bank of America have ended their corporate sponsorship of a New York play portraying of Julius Caesar as a Donald Trump, who gets knifed to death on stage in the performance.

U.S. media, journalists and left-wing activists are furious at their decision to end funding. Meanwhile, The New York Times, another corporate sponsor, remains proud in their support for political violence.

NEW YORK – Delta Air Lines and Bank of America have announced that they are pulling their sponsorship of a Manhattan-based theater company’s portrayal of Julius Caesar as a Donald Trump look-alike in a business suit who gets knifed to death on stage.

Atlanta-based Delta released a statement on Sunday saying it was pulling its sponsorship from The Public Theater “effective immediately.”

Later Sunday night, Charlotte, North Carolina-based Bank of America said it was withdrawing its funding for the production.

“The Public Theater chose to present Julius Caesar in such a way that was intended to provoke and offend,” the bank said in a tweet. “Had this intention been made known to us, we would have decided not to sponsor it.”

Performances at Central Park’s Delacorte Theater began in late May, just days before comedian Kathy Griffin was widely condemned for posing for a photograph in which she gripped a bloodied rendering of Trump’s head. (read more)

This entry was posted in Agitprop, Cultural Marxism, Death Threats, Decepticons, Deep State, Dem Hypocrisy, Hollywood, media bias, President Trump, Professional Idiots, propaganda, Typical Prog Behavior, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

331 Responses to Delta Airlines and Bank of America Pull Sponsorship of Trump Assassination Play…

1. paulraven1 says:

I’ve had a near-lifetime wish to dance on the grave of the NY Times.

2. carrie2 says:

Simply put, this is incitement and sedition and the play must be stopped. Also another corporation hitting the dust – American Express, and I never liked Delta either. CEO’s need to keep their politics to themselves or face ruination of their businesses. The performers I can’t blame because they need jobs and income and there have been many movies and plays that are nasty, but showing a sitting President as the victim is more than just bad taste, but extremely bad judgment. CIAO American Express as I don’t like any money of mine supporting this play nor your company.

• WVPatriot says:

How is this trash not promoting the overthrow of our Republic…AMERICA? Why aren’t everyone involved in this endeavor not being arrested as traitors?

It is most likely hiding under the “faux-arts” and receiving our tax dollars. I resent paying for the communist/socialist attempts to overthrow our country…COLD ANGER!

• AghastInFL says:

Just an FYI, AmEx is no longer funding, only Tme Warner stands alone as a major Corporate sponsor:

• sunnydaze says:

Dunno, Aghast…… they’re saying that they *do* fund the Public Theater, but do *not* fund the “Shakespeare in the Park” portion of it.

WTH would the PUBLIC Theater line-item “Shakespeare in the Park” productions and expenses into a separate category?

Somehow, I really doubt that they do that. Could be wrong, but seems highly unlikely. S in the P is probably the biggest Free Publlc Theatre event in Manhattan. Seems stupid/unbelievable to not include it in the Umbrella Organization.

3. lurker99 says:

Just called AMEX to express my displeasure……………..
    Was on hold for 4 minutes before someone came on the line…….
    They seem to have a script in response to this…………..
    I explained that their lack of response seems bottom line driven (also asked if they could drop the word “american” from their name)
    I explained that my script would take a few days to process….

Creeps !

PS – was nice to the person I spoke with (not their fault)

• Elvis Newton says:

For what it was worth, I politely let the on-line chat person know my displeasure and intent to cancel my 15 year account if AMEX hasn’t dropped their sponsorship by the end today.

• MaineCoon says:

I didn’t realize AmEx was a sponsor.

I have 2 AmEx accounts. Initial one from ’95.

Just filed an on-line Chat Complaint requesting it be fprocessed and associated with both accounts. I typed it out ahead of time. Kept it short. Too the point. That way I don’t have to listen to their blabbling.

I would encourage all AmEx Cardholders to do the same via on-line chat. Simpe. Quick.

In writing & in your words.

• annied9393 says:

the only way to get any of them to pay attention is to hit them in the pocket. There has to be some retribution for allowing the violence and disrespect for a sitting president. I don’t care who it is….they are traitors in my eyes.

• remuda2016 says:

Who are all the sponsors? Had I learned of this earlier, I’d have called Delta (frequent flyer) and B of A (long-time banking (53 years, ‘Thick ‘n Thin’). NYT is “history” anyway.
        Their attempt to correlate the reigns of the “Caesars” to our democratic republic is only a fools story to denigrate and incite against Trump. Sedition comes in many forms…all happening now at once.

However, not all Caesars were notorious.
        Sound familiar?

4. Mike diamond says:

Th

5. georgiafl says:

This is CNN:

6. rayvandune says:

Thinking of a trip to the big apple? I changed our plans and decided to spend more time in DC at the Smithsonian, etc. Mayor DiAssholio won’t miss my bucks and I won’t miss seeing the city he is turning into San Francisco.

• MfM says:

Check the times, but the Old Post Office Tower has a wonderful view. There are some stairs. This is in the Trump Int. Hotel. The tower is run by the National Park Service.

7. freddy says:

If I was a black person with some sway I would come out against this in every way. No mistake the killers are all black and couple women….This is a big message I bet most moderate black people don’t want sent……fahreed is some other kind of creature to find genius in murder….Maybe he wants race war or just feels warm and fuzzy at an ISIS style murder. People we are dealing with such sickness on a level never seen I believe many people are posessed or some mental disorder that is contagious……………….These idiots don’t scare me I’ve been around but the nuts and kooks are all fully awake at the sight of blood. This is meant to inspire violence……

• yy4u says:

What’s especially sick about using blacks and women is that PDJT probably is the most pro black and female president we’ve ever had. He promotes based upon ability not chromosomes and melanin or lack thereof. Blacks and females are so easily manipulated by the Left, it’s scary.

• dayallaxeded says:

That was what immediately struck me–it’s not only a felonious incitement to attack a sitting POTUS, it’s racist. Of course, it’s also accurate, given the USA’s violent crime stats, but facts never mattered to progzis before, so why now? Oh yeah, ’cause progzis think that if standards are good, their double standards are even betterer. They really need to be prosecuted. If Shrub had prosecuted the scum who hung, burned, impaled, and beheaded him in effigy, we wouldn’t be having these problems now.

8. coco1050 says:

Confront every airline, bar, office, gym that has CNN blaring away. Tell them why you want it off or you are walking away from them with your money. Remember what the left did to North Carolina because of the bathroom bill? Hit them in their wallet—- it is all they understand.

• Ken says:

I work at a naval base and on our command monitor that gives the daily goings on they have that stupid Criminal News Network crawl at the bottom the screen. A federal employee who I can’t stand was looking at it and nodding his empty head off. Now mind you this guy is a GS-11 so he’s pretty high up there on my food chain but he’s still an Obama and Hillary loving moron who all but said anyone who supports President Trump is not only deplorable but a dirt bag.

• farmhand1927 says:

Confront your local school districts, too. CNN Student News is blasted into classrooms every school day across the country.

9. MfM says:

I think Delta’s response was a lot better than BoA’s. BoA’s seemed forced and so-so. They pulled it because they got backlash. It didn’t seem sincere.

Delta seemed to pull it because when they realized what it was they knew what they needed to do.
    Delta’s was to the point and clear why they pulled sponsorship. “No matter what your political stance may be, the graphic staging of Julius Caesar at this summer’s Free Shakespeare in the Park does not reflect Delta Air Lines’ values,” the statement said. “Their artistic and creative direction crossed the line on the standards of good taste.”

It’s now too late for AE to pull it, their window of grace is gone. If I still had a card it would be canceled.

10. Kristin says:

We left BofA when they would not give small business loans to gunshops or manufacturers any longer a few years ago. We are not in that business but it was Un-American in our eyes.

11. Raven says:

Does anyone know if there is a list online somewhere of anti-Trump/anti-America businesses we can avoid and/or protest? A list where new businesses are added as they pop their ugly un-American heads up?

Thank you for your help!

• piper567 says:

also. over at The_Donald, they have a list on a right-side Sidebar

• Beatrice Edwards says:

How about prominent non-political authors? Check out Stephen King’s Twitter account. Awful. I mean, really childish anti-Trump garbage and even one post about Pence’s facial features. I had several novels of King’s on my shelf and I tossed them. I really wish I hadn’t seen his rantings but he’s so obviously proud of them.

12. Jim says:

Just a recent fan of this site. Read how Sundance was over the top on most topics. Had to see for myself. WOW!!!! Your readers have turned out to be some of the most enlightened readers on conservative websites. Congrats and keep up the good work. You too Sundance!

• LEET says:

Yeah, next time you read that Sundance is “over the top”, ask them how so. I am having the best time asking all the liberal/progressives/democrats, for SPECIFICS! Specifically cite why you hate Trump? Why you believe the lying media. They stutter and stammer or respond with some ridiculous insult! I am seeing more and more what I call “troll” accounts on twitter and in comment sections where Facebook facilitates the comment section. They hurl a stupid insult at Trump or his supporters with no cogent or intelligent comment and then disappear. They don’t respond when you call them on their nonsense.

• Southern Son says:

Welcome to the Last Refuge, Jim!

• WSB says:

Thanks for the good words, Jim. I always share SD’s ‘smack on’ analysis to my email world. Word of Mouth…er Email can create a BIG spider web!

13. yy4u says:

Shouldn’t the secret service be on this?

14. lurker99 says:

Creeps!

• I just got off an online chat logged into my accounts. This is obviously their script becuz this is what was typed in response a couple of times to my questions.

When I pressed further and asked if AMEX supported ANY Theatre in Park Poductions apart from this disgusting play, and/or did they sponsor ANY other of the theatre company productions, i was given the tripe answer that they didnt have enuf info to answer at this time (BS), serious obfuscation, and that i should contact:
      Corporate.social.responsibility@aexp.com

Ok, i will!!

• mimbler says:

Very weak by American Express. If they fund the Public Theater, they are funding Shakespeare in the park. Money is fungible. That would be like donating to Planned Parenthood, but stipulating the money shouldn’t be used for abortions,
      Mike

• Grad says:

You know its beyond me that these companies seem to have no idea who their customer base is. I seriously doubt that anyone in the anti-Trump protester mobs has an American Express card.

15. palafox says:

This may not be the popular take here, and obviously the suggestion of assassination of DJT is terrible, but I’d like to know how the production handled Marc Antony’s famous monologue of “honorable men,” as well as Brutus’s contrition and willingness to die for taking part in the conspiracy, knowing he failed Rome by doing so. At the end of the day, the message may not be what it seems to be. Yes, these things do matter.

The play isn’t as simple as merely a play about assassinating a ruler. It shows everyone who takes part in the assassination except Brutus (who had to be manipulated to join) did so for their own petty reasons, including deep jealousy, and sends the country into civil war, where the suggestion is that Rome is worse off for having a different ruler, and that Caesar was not the tyrant he was made out to be. In fact, Caesar, in the play, is beloved by the people. Caesar is a sympathetic figure in the play, and a strong ruler who made Rome powerful and rich, “who did the general coffers fill” and “hath wept” for the people when the people suffered.

Before I rip this production (apparently they did in Obama in a similar play) I’d want to read their script — I wouldn’t watch it — and see how they wrote “Trump” as a character, and I’d want to compare that to how they wrote “Obama” a few years back.

• palafox says:

Added to further clarify: Brutus was lied to and tricked by Cassius to make it seem a very popular Julius Caesar wasn’t liked at all, and that the people wanted his removal, when in fact they didn’t want his removal, and wanted him to be made king.

• palafox says:

Last “reply to self”:

The play, though titled “Julius Caesar,” isn’t really about Caesar at all. In fact, he’s dead halfway through the play. It’s really a play about those around him, the conniving swamp creatures and self-servers, with a smattering of patriots and misguided souls like Brutus. I actually think there could be a fascinating parallel made here. Obviously I’d like to see parallels where DJT is left fully whole, but history and Shakespeare are what they are.

Sorry, high school English teacher here, and I’ve taught JC many times over the years.

• yy4u says:

One of my favorite plays. Great lines in this one. This is just a leftist fantasy. Secret Service should get involved. Interview every person involved with this play to find out if they are indeed a threat to the president. Go through their background(s) and find out if they have any connection to terrorist groups – dig, dig, dig, dig, dig. Should take about four years to let them all off the hook with clean records — if indeed no terrorist connections are found.

• Most of the time Treepers seem to me to be well-informed as a group, but unfortunately this is a subject outside the education of most, or it isn’t in their area of interests. It’s glaringly obvious most commenters on this topic are only repeating assumptions about a production they haven’t seen, of a play they’ve never read. Drama is NOT history. It sometimes employs historical situations and known characters to illustrate themes the author wishes to speak about.

Many here don’t seem to understand that Julius Caesar isn’t the villain of the play, nor is he unsympathetic, even though he gets murdered. Caesar (in the play, not in history) is a victim of his own fame as a populist, and of the ability for power to make former allies turn upon a hero. The play can be easily seen as a warning about the pervasiveness and dangers of the “deep state”.

Only three words have been added to the script aside from Shakespeare’s original words. One character, Casca, tells Cassius in Act I, while speaking about the commoners, that “If Caesar had stabbed their mothers, they would have done no less”; the production inserts the words “on Fifth Avenue” before the comma. That’s it. The rest is unabridged and unedited.

The play deals expertly with the pervasive corrupting influence of political power on the various characters, as well as the futility of violence motivated by ambition. It is in every sense a classic, able to be interpreted in a thousand new settings and still come across fresh and powerful. There aren’t many works produced four centuries ago that you can say that about, but Shakespeare was able to express human nature at a level of complexity that is historically unique.

I’ve seen productions of Julius Caesar staged as taking place in a banana republic, in fascist Italy, the Greek military junta of the 1960s, and having Caesars resembling JFK and Nixon. Different lines and speeches in the play become more important as a result, and it’s a wonderful, enlightening learning experience. Theater companies make these choices to give an ancient situation resonance for the times the audiences live in.

But if you can’t even understand that this Caesar resembling President Trump is cast to teach larger lessons about power, politics and ambition, and that there is no credible physical threat to the real president from actors pretending to kill this character with prop weapons, then we must agree to disagree permanently about the value and purposes of theater. It’s meant to provoke, to shock, to make people think, and to constantly challenge assumptions.

• joshua says:

oh my…..at last an elitist able to interpret and educate us gomers who are so incredibly ignorant and uneducated. thank you SO MUCH

• It’s a difference of opinion about a work of art, joshua, not a personal attack. I welcome any discussion of the actual play, and you are welcome to disagree with my stand on it, but you’ll probably have to read it first.

• LafnH2O says:

Move along….

• Wink says:

So, if it was depicting Obama instead of Trump, would we still be having this conversation?

• bob says:

Oh you know the answer … the rage from libtards would go nuclear five times over.

• I have no idea. I don’t normally confuse plays with reality, but in theory it’s just as valid artistically to assassinate an impersonation of Obama as one of Trump.

This play isn’t really about any particular emperor. It’s an examination of what the lust for power can do, anywhere, anytime, any place. The conspirators meet terrible ends, forced suicide or execution. The thing they thought would solve it all, killing the emperor, solves nothing. That’s an important lesson.

My main point, which I might have made insufficiently clear, is that Shakespeare is special, above and beyond any other English writer of tragedies and comedies. If you dismiss his work without having read it, it’s your loss. It doesn’t make one a lesser person, but the lack of familiarity with the bard is a hole in any English speaker’s education.

My degrees are in medical imaging and radiation physics, but I got “infected” with the Shakespeare bug over 50 years ago in high school, and have found it to be incurable, like the music of J.S. Bach and the paintings of Rembrandt. It has deepened my experience of life and relationships to know it.

• ThingsWeTakeForGranted says:

Thank you Invisible Mikey for your opinion. It is valued.

• dayallaxeded says:

This is really good detail and much appreciated, but doesn’t have the effect you’re trying for. The script change to include the reference to 5th Ave is a plain and direct reference to Mr. Trump and the (arguably ill advised) comment he made about the loyalty of his supporters during the campaign. This, together with the rest of the staging/makeup/costuming was clearly designed to make a direct statement against PDJT.

If the real goal were to teach larger lessons about power etc., there would be no need to make it very expressly about PDJT. In fact, as seen here and as undoubtedly seen and heard outside the venue after the play, the sensationalism of this vulgar display and corruption of great theater has the effect of obscuring the real and important lessons of the play. This is just more progzi incitement and I and most of the USA have had enough of the BS excuses for it.

• Those are valid points, and not having seen THIS production I can’t do much except to thank you sincerely for clarifying.

The production isn’t playing all over the USA. It’s playing in New York City. They are making choices to excite and interest NYC audiences, and it is proving to be very popular among those who choose to go see it – if they can. Shakespeare in the Park tickets are by lottery, notoriously difficult to get.

I’m sure it is true the producer and director are trying to relate the original play more closely to PDJT. I have a harder time believing it is possible to eliminate the original intent of the play, and its main themes, if the original language and plot structure is so nearly intact.

If you are speaking Shakespeare, his voice and views are inevitably coming across, whatever frosting you layer over it.

• Deb says:

I studied the play both in high school and college and I’ve seen it live. I’ve seen several plays on Broadway.

I was in my drama club in high school and involved in drama in college including taking a few courses. I know people who moved to NYC to try and “make it.” None of them did, but they came back to our red state with some interesting stories.

Your scholarly take is logical and highly intellectual. Leftists aren’t logical, and most of them aren’t intellectually honest. The NYC theatre community is full of emotional, petty, snowflakes. And there is no doubt in my mind that this play was not chosen in order to make a commentary on power and leadership, or the fall of a republic. It was chosen because they wanted to be able to stage the assassination of PDJT.
          They find it “relevant” because the left has vocalized a desire to see PDJT assassinated.

Sometimes it really is that simple. The “elites” who think they are so smart really are that simple minded and asinine.

• Perhaps they did pick and tailor the production to suit the audience there. Wouldn’t that be a necessity anywhere?
            It’s live theater. If you don’t pander at least a little to the local tastes, no one will show up. NYC does think of itself as the intellectual center of the U.S. and they do lean left. In that sense, the choice is pragmatic.

I can accept our difference of opinion much easier because at least you know the play. I’m still unconvinced most commenters know anything about it except that Caesar gets murdered. Therefore, if Caesar looks like Trump, the play should be banned, sponsors boycotted etc. To me, that is a knee-jerk reaction, instinctual, not thoughtful or properly considered.

The Caesar of this production may look like Trump (sort of), but he doesn’t speak or act like him. The real president speaks like Hemingway (short words for greater impact), not Shakespeare. I see the whole thing more like those “what if” alternate history programs, where the Axis won WW2, and we are asked to imagine the world that might have resulted.

I have no comparative generalizations to yours to offer about either leftists or those who work in NYC theatre as a profession. Those aren’t my neighborhoods. I’m a theater aficionado, an appreciative audience member, and an unwavering supporter of the importance and quality of Shakespeare’s work.

• Shadrach says:

Well, I’ve watched a few Shakespeare plays, but not this one. I think I need to read it.
              Regardless of intent, the timing after the Kathy Whatshername ISIS head debacle makes it unwise.

• Coldeadhands says:

Not buyin what you’re sellin.

• I read the producers did not change the script. But as a HS English teacher, I’m sure you are aware of how hard it is for Americans to speak the lines and as a member of the audience, to understand the lines. But it’s easy to understand pictures!

• kathycovfefe says:

As with all things liberal and anti-trump — any high-minded take on why the play was done the way it was done will just be a smoke screen for why it was actually done. i.e., because they hate Trump.

• dayallaxeded says:

Any similarity to the original play and its deeper messages is purely coincidental–bear in mind the cultural context we’re working in. All they wanted was the sensationalism and libzi/progzi virtue signaling of “killing Trump.” The fact that, assuming the rest of the play’s script is essentially as originally written, the meaning of the entire play is completely contrary to that momentary “spasm” of petulance goes in one cognitively dissonant ear and out the other. The marvel of it is that libzi/progzis can do all this with their heads firmly lodged in their colons.

16. sunnydaze says:

The Left/Dem Party continues to show the world what absolute disgusting people they are.

Can’t wait for the next election results. VA. Gov., GA., etc etc.

Get these creeps OUT of our Lives!!! No platform, not culturaly, not politically, not educationally, NOTHING!

Vote ’em out, Americans. And let your wallets speak. If you’re not pulling your kids from Public Schools, go to your School Board meetings.They are killing our country!

17. Azrajo says:

A Facebook group called Stop the Scalping has been making thousands of calls to these companies. The group was started with the leftists trying to get Hannity off the air. This is a group , has enlisted thousands of Trump supporting conservative activists who will be providing a counter balance when it comes to letting companies know of our displeasure of what they sponsor.

18. MfM says:

As someone else said, money is fungible. If they donate to Public Theater then the money is available to this production.

19. emet says:

Actually, Shakespeare could not have gotten away with portraying a sitting monarch in any fashion at all. He trief it with “The Tradgedy of Gowrie” and was shut down after two performances.

King James had the Ruthven brothers murdered at Gowrie House, and put out propaganda during church sermons that the Ruthvens had tried to kill him. At least one reverend refused to go along with the plan, and was imprisoned for many years. Nobody at the time believed the king, but eventually he made sure that his version of events was publicly accepted. Sounds familiar, no?

20. M.A. says:

Just posted this review on American Express website–lots of outrage there.

I have been a card member since 1981.

I am considering no longer using my card due to American Express sponsoring a play where a character assassinated is a real person, let alone a sitting President.

Every time I use my card, I am giving you the money to support this type of civil and cultural vileness.

Please do the right thing like Delta and Bank of America and withdraw your sponsorship.

21. kathycovfefe says:

Just FYI — there are a TON of posts on AMEX’s facebook page and they are running 98% appalled and cutting up cards. I have to say, I’m a little surprised. Get over there and add your two cents if you haven’t already. Just post under the most recent post by AMEX.

Here’s a sampling

American Express, I have cut up my cards. SUPPORTING A GROUP THAT SHOWS TREASONOUS BEHAVIOR IN OUR COUNTRY IS UNFORGIVABLE AND UN AMERICAN. TAKE THAT NAME OFF YOUR CARDS.
    SHAME.

John Hafermann Do you support the Assassination of Our Sitting President? Don’t bother sending me any more mail – you are traitors to our nation and should hold your heads in shame.

Darrell Grant Please consider pulling your sponsorship for the Shakespeare play in NYC public theater, its offensive insulting and in very bad taste….

Fran Levy Why does American Express support depictions of brutal murders? That’s not very American. Not American indeed. #americanexpresssupportsmurders

Lori Harding Willis UnAmerican Express, we will no longer accept your business!

Carol Dewey Stop supporting this terrible play against our president and this country.

Lisa Lawler Alexander Dear AMEX, I call B.S. on this attempt to sidestep. You better quit screwin around with your cardholders on this one. Relatively few of us give a crap about a two-bit play in NYC, but millions of us care about the precedent that’s being set with this k…See More
    Ken Parsons American Express will never be a part of my business. Take your SHOP SMALL campaign and shove it !!!!!!

• sunnydaze says:

OMG, this is too funny. On their page, just 5 hours ago, they posted this:

“There comes a moment in every business owner’s career, a Turning Point, that changes everything. Maybe it’s the moment when 400 people show up to your store opening instead of 40………….”

Do they really not know that the *reverse* can also happen? That 400 customers (or 4 million) can suddenly become 40 (or 4,000)?

Talk about fools!

22. Troublemaker says:

See how progressive marxism works? You vocally support and financially fund what we tell you to….or your business will be destroyed.

Celebrities Call for Boycott of Delta, Bank of America after Companies Pull Funding from ‘Trump’ Stabbing Theater

23. Mary says:

If you want to send a message to AMEX make a donation to President Trumps reelection campaign using AMEX CARD, also give them a call to express you anger. They will get the message. I did both made a sizeable donation and then called AMEX!

24. stillers213 says:

Just when you thought the actions of liberals could not be any more vile and despicable, the next day comes.

25. boutis says:

Why did they cast black guys as the knifemen of the murder of a white president? Isn’t that racist?

26. boogywstew says:

I’ll take a bet that most of the folks in the audience and applauding the loudest, and probably accompanied by their minor children, are the SAME folks who whole heartedly approve of ZERO tolerance in public schools. When it comes to a second grader forming his hand into a “gun” or drawing a picture of a gun or biting a pop tart into the shape of a gun… they can’t suspend them fast enough … in their libtard opinion. The “pop tart” story is real, by the way!

27. Sayit2016 says:

If there was a “play” depicting the hanging of a black President that looked like Obama….all hell would have broken lose…I wonder if ” serial plagiarist Fareed Zakaria” would consider that a “masterpiece”. Just curious…….

28. Mike diamond says:

The new York times will loose millions,they have not a clue of how many of us voted for president trump, they might even go bankrupt! No body will buy their stuff! Anybody that would support this kind of evil will loose, JC penny and target lost millions trying to push a wierd agenda,the new York times is trying to promote violence,not good! The new York dimes,a pocket change company!

29. keebler AC says:

When the underhanded assassination of a sitting president becomes entertainment, you’ve crossed over to terrorism. Terrorism is no longer limited to muslims. We should now on this proof expand terror groups to include the entertainment industry, Hollywood basket cases and their violent liberal followers. Start banning removing citizenship from those who plot and encourage assassination of the President of the USA. They want to prove that we’re racists? Easy to disprove. Lock ’em up, whatever color if they are terrorists.

30. Howie says:

Time for Trump to nuke em’.

31. joshua says:

Time Warner is also standing firm in support of the play.

32. Jay says:

All the hate & pushback we are seeing towards Trump from the left would have been completely justified towards barry. Barry is a fraud, an affirmative action hire that has produced & accomplished nothing, he’s a closet homo, a closet muslim, crackhead, red diaper baby, a sodomite, a deep state anti American tool who’s sole purpose as POTUS was to be the community organizer to create divisions, chaos & push the NWO agenda. The only thing that allowed & protected this grifter to push his crimes was his Black card!

33. LafnH2O says:

Sorry, if this has been posted earlier..

Time Warner assets. Partial list. From Wikipedia

10% of HULU
    CNN
    HMM

CNN (AIRPORT)
    CNN (AIRPORT)

More…

Sorry, Don’t HAVE the CONTACT NUMBERS TO comment…

34. LafnH2O says:

Sent…
    Delta
    …….

To Whom it May Concern,

Thank you, for your quick, and seemingly sincere, decision to end funding of the horrific “Play”, that was to be held in NY.
    I am hopeful, you will consider ending all funding of this organization, until such a time as “Guarantees” can be reached, that no further “Plays” or other “performances” in this vein will even be CONSIDERED for production, let alone funding by your company!

Your early DENOUNCEMENT of this obscene “Play” and the underlying “Theme” is an indication that you care about your Brand and those that earn their livelihood while in your employ.

Because if your Professionalism, and early outspoken support for the civil community at large, I will give your company preference when booking my next flight; provided no further “blind” or “unknowing” funding of this type occurs.

Cordially,

LafnH20 (sic)

35. sunnydaze says:

The Artistic Director of the Public Theater, Oskar Eustis, sounds like he (or whoever) chose this play to purposefully incite violence against the President.

Go read his statement here. Am I reading this wrong?

• LafnH2O says:

sunnydaze..
      I could definitely be persuaded that was the ultimate intention.
      Includes “NUDITY” WHY, do these “artists” & holliweird, always include NUDITY? Rhetorical question… I know it is part and parcel to (The whole “Formulaic” thang”), but really!?
      DO the parents in the crowd, with children, know this?

Also the whole, “Our Democracy” crap. i.e. Dems, Soros and his ilk, snowflakes,
      media, some of my Kin….

“I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America. and to the “REPUBLIC” for which it stands, One Nation under GOD, Indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for ALL”….

did I miss something??
      Don’t see the word “Democracy” at all.

Before y’all go there… 😁

Democratic- Republic. I’ve heard that too.
      I believe, there was in the early years of the country, a (Democratic-Republican) Party. Funny that, Democrats and Republicans..

And I’ve also read…….

So… just what are we then. A Flavour du jour?

In researching this it lead me, very quickly I must say, into some very dense weeds.
      i.e. popular vote, Representative Democracy, and on and on..
      So..
      Democracy? Republic? A little of both? Most of both? Something completely different?
      What D.C. sez we are? What the citizens think we are? What….???

There are, without doubt, many Treepers here with a much better understanding of this. Not to mention, a much more articulate away in an answer. If there is one.

With all due respect to the above mentioned, I wonder.. If our esteemed and beloved, Sundance, would have the time (I know, right 😆😆😆), and the inclination to enlighten us.

Would make for some powerful rebuttal material for the “not quite yet, Treepers crowd.” Not to mention this current “twig gripper”

• sunnydaze says:

Here’s just ONE of Eustis’ quotes re. the play:

“Julius Caesar can be read as a warning parable to those who try to fight for democracy by undemocratic means.
      To fight the tyrant does not mean imitating him.” – Oskar Eustis

• mimbler says:

I read it the way you do Sunnydaze. Pretty clear when he calls the group who kills Caesar as a group of patriots saving democracy,
      Mike

36. Oskar Eustis, the Public Theater’s artistic director who also directed the play, said earlier in a statement that “anyone seeing our production of ‘Julius Caesar’ will realize it in no way advocates violence towards anyone.”

That’s about as honest as “And if you like your doctor you can keep your doctor.”

When will these scum start being charged?!?

• sunnydaze says:

Did you read his actual statement on the website posted above, Aesop? Does it sound to you like he is, in fact, advocating asassination? IOW, the PLAY may not be advocating it , but HE certainly is in his statements about the play.

I can’t read it any other way, but maybe that’s just me? …..”getting rid of democratically elected people by un-democratic means”, etc etc.

• I agree. It’s slippery, hard to tell who he refers to in his opening quote. Is he warning Caesar (Trump) of lethal consequences to “saving Democracy undemocratically”? Logically the warning should be to the murderous small band of “patriots” doing the assassination. Somehow I feel it’s not, which is insanely hypocritical. And, I don’t think he cares in the end; it’s a thinly veiled opportunistic excuse to indulge in assassination fantasies – ironically of a democratically elected president Trump. The creep should be arrested.

Perhaps a Shakespearean scholar here could enlighten us? Assuming the play stays true.

37. Mary says:

Don’t forget to call Dillards and complain. Their credit cards are issued by AMEX!

38. Keln says:

But muh Shakespeare interpretation! But muh Arts!

Sorry, but Shakespeare would never have done a play showing the assassination of the ruling monarch of England (Elizabeth I and then James I). Not if he valued his head. And I doubt he would have found it acceptable to do so, even if he could get away with it.

Shakespeare stuck to quasi-historical assassinations, such as in Julius Caesar or completely fictional ones (like in Macbeth). A play about the assassination of James I would have been seen in that time for what it was; an incitement to commit regicide.

This current play is exactly that (minus the king part). It is an incitement to assassinate the President. Just like that disgusting Kathy Griffin’s stunt. They are trying to convince nutters out there that they will be some sort of hero if they manage to off the President, by popularizing the concept through “art” and “entertainment”. They know precisely what they are doing.

Make no mistake; they want our President killed.

39. sunnydaze says:

Anyone remember that brilliant black comedian who did a GREAT Obama impression and had no problem making fun of him, in the long-standing tradition of American comedians?

Before Obie was elected, people thought, “this guy has it MADE, he’s gonna be famous!!!”

And, indeed, if Obama had been treated exactly like every other American Prez in history, that comedian WOULD have been famous:

A standing member of SNL, movies, gigs up the wazoo.

But!!! Turned out it was Verbotten to make fun of The Great One/Obie…… so the guy went into the waste bin of history.

40. JoD says:

The New Democrat Party…
    Blow up the White House
    Shoot Trump in the head
    Sever that same head
    Stab him in the back multiple times
    What ever happened to…
    “I’d like to teach the world to sing in perfect harmony….?”

41. jmclever says:

The great thing I see in this story is the success that We the People are having with our economic voting. While we only get a political vote every so many years, we vote with our dollars at least once a day. AND IT”S WORKING!! While some companies stubbornly forge ahead with their political agendas and wonder why their credit gets downgraded and their stocks lose value, others are realizing that hard working patriots spending their money are who will make or break their bottom line, not basement-dwelling, jobless, soon-to-be-incarcerated-for-rioting liberal snowflakes.

42. Beverly says:

I just have to note a piercing irony here: IF these leftwing idiots and blackguards and poltroons KNEW the play ‘Julius Caesar,’ they’d realize that Caesar is portrayed as NOBLE, and the assassins are portrayed as the BAD GUYS, and they all meet Bad Ends and Die and commit Suicide.

BUT: Shakespeare is a Dead White Guy, and therefore Not Worth Studying, so they had no freakin’ clue what the play is about. If Shakespeare were here, he might have a few choice words for them:

“Thou art A knave; a rascal; an eater of broken meats; a
    base, proud, shallow, beggarly, three-suited,
    hundred-pound, filthy, worsted-stocking knave; a
    lily-livered, action-taking knave; a whoreson,
    glass-gazing, super-serviceable finical rogue; a
    one-trunk-inheriting slave; one that wouldst be a
    bawd in way of good service, and art nothing but
    the composition of a knave, beggar, coward, pandar,
    and the son and heir of a mongrel bitch: one whom I
    will beat into clamorous whining, if thou deniest
    the least syllable of thy addition!”

43. Beverly says:

Here is part of Mark Antony’s famous speech from the play, his eulogy for the great Caesar. If the Leftist idiots could understand it, they’d realize that this speech, which turns the Romans against the assassins (led by Brutus) and sends them fleeing for their lives, actually describes President Trump so closely that it’s uncanny:

“He was my friend, faithful and just to me:
    But Brutus says he was ambitious;
    And Brutus is an honourable man.
    He hath brought many captives home to Rome
    Whose ransoms did the general coffers fill:
    Did this in Caesar seem ambitious?
    When that the poor have cried, Caesar hath wept:
    Ambition should be made of sterner stuff:
    Yet Brutus says he was ambitious;
    And Brutus is an honourable man.
    You all did see that on the Lupercal
    I thrice presented him a kingly crown,
    Which he did thrice refuse: was this ambition?
    Yet Brutus says he was ambitious;
    And, sure, he is an honourable man.
    I speak not to disprove what Brutus spoke,
    But here I am to speak what I do know.
    You all did love him once, not without cause:
    What cause withholds you then, to mourn for him?
    O judgment! thou art fled to brutish beasts,
    And men have lost their reason. Bear with me;
    My heart is in the coffin there with Caesar,
    And I must pause till it come back to me.”

44. Andrew says:

What happened to that tech company CEO who tweeted his intent to set himself up as a sniper and kill T666? Last I heard he “resigned” but was he jailed?

45. Red says:

Meanwhile, here in the South, statues depicting Civil War Generals are still being removed. I’m so sick of the South being looked down upon. This murder enactment is outrageous!!!!! I guess this Southern girl is not sofisticated enough to understand the brilliance of this performance. Just imagine if a “play” had been performed with the KKK and Otrauma…….

46. trapper says:

Poor dumb bastards. They should consider carefully what happened after the treason and betrayal of Caesar. The deplorables who loved him cried “Havoc,” let slip the dogs of war, and tore Rome to shreds.

47. Steven Hitt says:

The behavior of some liberals has reached a subhuman level and they should be treated as such. Boycott American Express and any other advertiser/sponsor that doesn’t pull their money!

48. O judgment! I’m so sick of the South being looked down upon.