Perhaps the least media emphasized -yet most important- statement from President Trump today was the clarity behind the President calling out the government of Qatar for being a state financier of terrorism.  Stunningly clear-eyed.

Many people have contemplated whether President Trump would identify The Muslim Brotherhood as an officially recognized Terrorist organization.  Because of the political nature of The Brotherhood, and the Machiavellian face they project toward majority Muslim nations, there is a valid argument on both sides of such a consideration.

However, the large and previously unspoken, albeit transparently obvious, truth is that Qatar has always been the primary financier of The Muslim Brotherhood.  Today, in the Rose Garden, in front of an international audience, in the clearest possible terms, President Trump said exactly that:

“[…]  I have just returned from a historic trip to Europe and the Middle East, where I worked to strengthen our alliances, forge new friendships, and unite all civilized peoples in the fight against terrorism. No civilized nation can tolerate this violence, or allow this wicked ideology to spread on its shores.

I addressed a summit of more than 50 Arab and Muslim leaders — a unique meeting in the history of nations — where key players in the region agreed to stop supporting terrorism, whether it be financial, military or even moral support.

The nation of Qatar, unfortunately, has historically been a funder of terrorism at a very high level, and in the wake of that conference, nations came together and spoke to me about confronting Qatar over its behavior. So we had a decision to make: Do we take the easy road, or do we finally take a hard but necessary action? We have to stop the funding of terrorism.

I decided, along with Secretary of State Rex Tillerson, our great generals and military people, the time had come to call on Qatar to end its funding — they have to end that funding — and its extremist ideology in terms of funding.

I want to call on all other nations to stop immediately supporting terrorism. Stop teaching people to kill other people. Stop filling their minds with hate and intolerance. I won’t name other countries, but we are not done solving the problem, but we will solve that problem. Have no choice.

This is my great priority because it is my first duty as President to keep our people safe. Defeating ISIS and other terror organizations is something I have emphasized all during my campaign and right up until the present. To do that, stop funding, stop teaching hate, and stop the killing.

For Qatar, we want you back among the unity of responsible nations. We ask Qatar, and other nations in the region to do more and do it faster.

I want to thank Saudi Arabia, and my friend, King Salman, and all of the countries who participated in that very historic summit. It was truly historic. There has never been anything like it before and perhaps there never will be again. Hopefully, it will be the beginning of the end of funding terrorism. It will, therefore, be the beginning of the end to terrorism.

No more funding.

(link)

This entry was posted in Death Threats, Decepticons, Deep State, ISIS, Islam, Jihad, media bias, President Trump, Saudi Arabia, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

93 Responses to Stunningly Clear and Direct Remarks by President Trump Toward Qatar and the Muslim Brotherhood…

1. Pam says:

He’s absolutely right. We have to stop funding nations that hate us and are bent on killing us.

• F104 says:

two thirds of the 9/11 terrorists were from Saudi Arabia not Qatar. Mecca is in Saudi Arabia. Saudi Arabia is grand central station of Islam.

• F104 says:

Don’t see anything about the muslim brotherhood either.

• Big Nick says:

Mr Obama has loaded all of our bureaucracies with Muslim brotherhood appointees. Do the math my friend. Watch what happens over the next 24 months. Also look at the nations Mr Obama undermined in the Middle East. That should tell you all you need to know about President Donald Trumps reasoning. God bless that man my friend. 🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸

• nuthinmuffin says:

al sisi blew up obama’s muslim brotherhood arab spring and morsi is in jail…that helped bigly

• dbobway says:

Along with the people of Egypt

This is but a drop in the ocean compared to what would happen if our Democratically elected President was illegally removed from office. Also many would be exercising their 2nd amendment rights.

• G. Combs says:

Privately John Podesta agreed:

From: john podesta AT gmail
        To: hrod17 AT clintonemail
        Date: 2014-09-27 15:15
        ….we need to use our diplomatic and more traditional intelligence assets to bring pressure on the governments of Qatar and Saudi Arabia, which are providing clandestine financial and logistic support to ISIL and other radical Sunni groups in the region[…]

Saudis fund mosques in the USA with strings attached. You have to have a (radical) Saudi Iman. Pam Geller says 80% of US mosques are Saudi funded.

From the New York Post: How Saudi Arabia dangerously undermines the United States

[…]Firm figures are elusive, but estimates are that the Saudis fund up to 80% of American mosques, at least in part. And their goal is the same here as it is elsewhere in the world where Islam must compete with other religions: to prevent Muslims from integrating into the host society.[…]
        I’ve seen Saudi money at work in country after country, from Senegal to Kenya to Pakistan to Indonesia and beyond. Everywhere, their hirelings preach a stern and joyless world, along with the duty to carry out jihad (contrary to our president’s nonsense, jihad’s primary meaning is not “an inner struggle,” but expanding the reach of Islam by fire and sword).

Here’s one of the memories that haunt me. On Kenya’s old Swahili Coast, once the domain of Muslim slavers preying on black Africans, I visited a wretched Muslim slum where children, rather than learning useful skills in a state school, sat amid filth memorizing the Koran in a language they could not understand. According to locals, their parents had been bribed to take their children out of the state schools and put them in madrassas.

Naturally, educated Christians from the interior get the good jobs down on the coast. The Muslims rage at the injustice. The Christians reply, “You can’t all be mullahs — learn something!” And behold: The Saudi mission’s accomplished, the society divided.[…]

There are plenty more articles about the Saudi’s building mosques to export Wahhabism’s Islamic theology.

Even Huff and Puff UK says:

[…]The Muslim woman who spoke of Saudi-funded mosques and the spread of Wahhabi Islam in Thursday’s Question Time was spot on.

What makes Wahhabism so damaging? We don’t have to look further than its ideologues, such as its founder Muhammad ibn Abd al-Wahhab who is refered to in ISIS publications. His preaching was vehemently intolerant and violent. Anyone who disagreed with his narrow understating of Islam was considered an apostate and would be punishable by death. His preaching brought bloodshed to the Arabian Peninsula in the form of beheadings, executions, and amputations, much like what we have witnessed from ISIS.

Bernard Haykel, a scholar at Princeton describes the ISIS’ ideology as “a kind of untamed Wahhabism,” and says that “Wahhabism is the closest religious cognate.” Personally, I would not describe ISIS’ ideology as an untamed form of Wahhabism. For me, this overshadows the fundamental problem with Wahhabism’s Islamic theology and implies that Saudi Arabia’s Wahhabism is “tamed.” […]
        (wwwDOT)huffingtonpost.co.uk/adam-deen/saudi-funded-mosques_b_16825640.html

David Brat took aim at this foreign influence with a 2016 bill:

• pcockroft says:

The US government needs to stop funding. These Refugee Resettlement groups. Read the Refugee Resettlement blog for this day as in two weeks we will have allowed over 50,000 Muslims since Trump became president. We pay for people to change our laws to sharia, hajibs and other things.with no vetting. Do they contribute to our society?

• dalethorn says:

It’s been a long, long time since we had a president who spoke so plainly and compellingly – a president who speaks and puts into action exactly what we want.

2. SharonKinDC says:

Glad this is a separate thread. I hung on every word and agree, this was important…and of course, underreported.

3. “I won’t name other countries…”

A place like Turkey comes to mind, and something tells me that very easily may be one the President is referring to. #MoreWinning 😀

4. Sylvia Avery says:

And once again, I am a little teary eyed and thanking God for sending us this man to lead us.

• thluckyone says:

Sylvia, “… those to whom much is given… of them much is expected…” so, how… how can we EVER live up to this? Maybe You understand what’s been given to us and I SORTA understand… maybe you and me and a bunch of others here have been called out because we RECOGNIZE the enormity of this! Ya think?

So is it our mission at the Treehouse (and as emissaries FROM TCTH) to try to learn and to articulate the ways that we can honor this incredible gift? I think you’re already doing that. I think I need to step up my game – a BUNCH! Sundance is showing the way. I’m still lost in the fog – LOL!

Is THAT part of what we’re to do here? Not just give thanks and celebrate (and YES to plenty of that!) but also to help each other (and the uninitiated) know how to LIVE INTO THIS GIFT and to honor it every day – with everything we think, do and say?

NEVER in my life have I had so much for which to give thanks! Never in my life have I experienced such a joyful burden to help others to see how INCREDIBLY blessed we are. I just needed the help of Sundance and the Treepers to have my eyes opened… and my mind blown.

THANKS, Sylvia! THANKS, TREEPERS! THANKS, SUNDANCE! THANK YOU, Mr. PRESIDENT DONALD J. TRUMP! THANK YOU, AMERICA! Thank you God!!

5. M. Mueller says:

“Many people have contemplated whether President Trump would identify The Muslim Brotherhood as an officially recognized Terrorist organization. Because of the political nature of The Brotherhood, and the Machiavellian face they project toward majority Muslim nations, there is a valid argument on both sides of such a consideration.”

Sundance. I don’t see an argument for not declaring the Muslim Brotherhood as a terrorist organization. They are; just ask Egypt. Could someone explain why they should not be singled out here, in America? I thought that it was something that the President would do right after January 20th. Confused.

• wheatietoo says:

I think this is probably on their ‘To Do List’.

We are not privy to all that Pres Trump knows.
      Perhaps there are prerequisites that must be accomplished before this can be done.

• M. Mueller says:

Thanks, Wheatie. I am in no way criticizing our President; I trust him completely and realize I don’t know any of what he knows. I just don’t see the “valid argument” for not declaring them terrorists. As I said, confused.

Truthfully, whenever I see Huma walking with Hillary, carrying her $1,000 purse, I wonder why we can’t just send her back to somewhere she belongs. She has damaged us all and needs to go.

• wheatietoo says:

Just because they haven’t done it yet doesn’t mean that they won’t do it.

Personally…I think that they should do a thorough job of Exposing the Muslim Bro’hood – very visibly, before they declare them a ‘terrorist organization’.

I mean…there are a lot of people who don’t even know who that is.
          Or haven’t even heard of it.

Maybe this is what they’re working on?
          I dunno.

I think it is obvious that they had to wait until the trip to Saudi Arabia, and the Alliance, was in place.

So I will be patient and wait to see what happens.

• inspiredbytrump says:

Thinking it might have to do with Turkey (unnamed country?)

6. georgiafl says:

THIS is one of the many things I love about our President Donald Trump – he’s stunningly clear.

President Trump means what he says and says what he means.

Whereas, leftists say the opposite of what they mean and the opposite of what they intend to do.

President Trump tells it like it is. Trump speaks Common sense, factual reality and he is pro-America and pro-American workers.

The left deny reality, truth and evidence and seem to hate America and Americans (whether they are Americans or not).

What a relief to have a President who really does care about ordinary people.

• suejeanne1 says:

I am so grateful and proud of our President Trump – you can see that he has a powerful work ethic that powers him through each day, checking things off the list. I wish that the news media people who have been generating so much negativity could break out of the grip of the people who would ruin the Democratic Party as well as the Republican Party. It is way past time to shrug off the Clintons and the Bushes. Let’s just get to work and get things done!

7. Kristin says:

We don’t have to wait, we have already a great great president.
    Thank you Sundance for giving this topic it’s own page. The Treehouse has been tremendous.

8. sickconservative says:

I see this as a work in progress from his ME visit and a good start, nothing we want to see will happen fast there.
    We have to have at times go slowly to make real change.

9. Minnie says:

Mr. President, if you are reading:

We support you!
    We respect you!
    We love you!!

Patriotic pride, what a comeback ❤️

MAGA 🇺🇸🚂🇺🇸🚂🇺🇸🚂🇺🇸

10. Donna in Oregon says:

Have to name the enemy. Smart. Honest dialogue. Smarter President Trump. Smartest.

11. NJF says:

One day a libral friend remarked, “I don’t like the way he talks….blah, blah, he’s too harsh , and mean!”

Me? He makes declarative statements, and I love it.

I will always remember watching fox one afternoon and they cut away to Obozzo in a joint presser setting like this,

He literally spoke for 8 minutes on the only question he allowed to be asked. When they came back to the show, the panel joked about the time. They timed it.

12. Love it! I live in the Houston area where Qatar funded the Arabic Immersion program for the Houston Independent school district. They interfered similarly in the Tuscon area. The idea is to nudge. In another area of the district, Syrian refugees have been settled around schools that are now serving halal food and areas are being sought out within the schools for PRAYER time for Muslim students. This is outrageous. We are acting like dhimmis in our own country.

• dalethorn says:

They are growing in number everywhere. Someday we will have to deal with it for our survival.

• In AZ says:

Moslems can pray in public schools but Christians can not.

Christians need to start filing class action lawsuits over this blatant bigotry against Christians.

• Paul Killinger says:

Only because WE ARE!

• yucki says:

Money talks. They own article great chunks of Europe, from 2012:

Expose: Qatar’s takeover of Europe
      […]
      In Germany, Qatar’s sovereign fund, the Qatar Investment Authority, owns 17 percent of Volkswagen, 10 percent of Porsche and 9 percent of construction giant Hochtief.

In Italy, to mention just one well known firm, Qatar just bought Valentino’s fashion style company, while AC-Milan owner Silvio Berlusconi is also ready to sell the powerhouse to the ruling Emir of the State of Qatar.

In the UK, the Qatar Muslims own swathes of the Canary Wharf financial district in London. Qatar also owns 20 per cent of the London Stock Exchange.

Qatar invested in the Paris St. Germain soccer club and it is an investor in the French Total Oil group, as well as British Shell.

Qatar financed the 95% of the Shard tower in London, the highest skyscraper in Europe.

In Cannes, the emir bought an hotel famous for hosting celebrities during the film festival, but it’s also looking to buy a Jewish symbol like the Les Trois Rois hotel in Basel, Switzerland, scene of the iconic portrait of Theodor Herzl.

Qatar has also purchased, for 300 million euros, the building which hosts part of the US Embassy in Paris….

In Switzerland, where Qatar is economically very important, famous firms such as Swatch, Tissot and Victorinox, have removed the cross of the Swiss flag from many advertisements, especially in Arab and Asian countries…The Swatch justified the removal by saying that “Muslim countries are not allowed to show the cross in public.”

It just goes on and on. And it’s only gotten worse since 2012.

13. lastinillinois says:

As long as our President continues to show deference to Christian nations we ‘get it’.

Thank you President Trump.
    Very much.

14. alliwantissometruth says:

Awhile back at a street festival here in Chicago, while watching a band, a drunken idiot was harassing women, many with their boyfriends or husbands in tow. I watched as these “men” would just say “hey, come on now” & “please stop”

Of course the drunk kept it up, being highly amused with himself

After about ten minutes of watching him paw at the women & make crude remarks, I walked over to him, put my hand on his shoulder, leaned in & said “if I see you harass one more female, I’m going to hit you so hard it’ll take you until tomorrow to find all your teeth I’m going to knock out”

Instantly sobered up, he said he’d leave & won’t be bothering anyone anymore

Bullies & creeps, like terrorists, don’t respond to appeasement or plea’s to stop. They only understand & react to a threat that will be backed up

The days of the Obama bows are over. Meet President “I’m Going To Hit You So Hard” Trump

15. MK says:

As a Cold War warrior the enemy was both China and Russia. While in Engineering training I ran across a book written in 1968 concerning the raise of Islamist and that the future battles will not be not against communism but against Islam. Keep in mind this was just before heavy envolvement in Vietnam.

I wish I could recall the title.

16. JC says:

I sat up and took notice at that part of his speech, and all I could think was thank you, thank you, thank you, Mr. President. Every word was like a clarion bell of truth.

I believe he made those stunning remarks right before he opened the floor to questions… with a clear indictment of the unfair press. It was audacious and precisely the right thing to do.

17. fleporeblog says:

President al-Sisi and King Salman will go along with the plan because at the end of the day, they will get what they want and probably even more.

Qatar will expeditiously remove any folks belonging to the MB and will cut all financing to terrorist organizations like Hamas. They have been provided a glimpse of what life would be like if the GCC members were to move forward again. Plus the fact that the World Cup will be taking place in their country in 2022 is a major reason to clean up their act and do so immediately. Many FIFA representatives lost their job because of the kick backs they got for giving Qatar the World Cup.

I watch a lot of soccer and know for a fact that if FIFA has to pull out of Qatar, they will ask the US to host the games in 2022. The last time the World Cup was played in the US was 1994. It was a major success. Our country has the stadiums and hotels needed without having to build. Would not shock me if this is also discussed behind closed doors!

The US did bid for the 2022 World Cup and were surprised by the decision. Goes to show that money through bribes gets you what you want!

• redlegleader68 says:

Happens all the time, fleporeblog. Many were shocked when ATL was awarded the 1996 Olympics; not us locals. We knew well of the Andy Young (ex- UN Ambassador) “Africa Tour” he made, accompanied by literal suitcases of cash and briefcases full of long term cell tower contracts. Just sayin’ …

• Paul Killinger says:

And the MB will move to Turkey.

Which will be interesting to watch, as we’ll then have the two major sponsors of OPPOSING TYPES of worldwide Terrorism, Turkey and Iran, side by side.

18. wheatietoo says:

I am amazed at how many people there are who do not understand the huge significance of what Pres Trump accomplished in Saudi Arabia.

Saudi Arabia is the location of Mecca and Medina, the two ‘holiest’ mosques in Islam.
    King Salman is referred to as “The Defender of the Two Holy Mosques”.

So Saudi Arabia is like the ‘capital’ of Islam.
    This makes King Salman and the royal family, the titular heads of Islam.

This is why HusseinO bowed to the King of Saudi Arabia.
    And this was a huge mistake.
    By showing submission…they lost all respect for him.

Our President went there as an equal.
    The staging of his visit there was a show of power…and it was brilliant.

He extended his hand in friendship and respectfulness.
    It did not go without notice, that he chose KSA as the “first country he visited as President”.
    And they were honored by it.
    So in return…they honored him for it, in ways we’ve never seen happen before.

If you haven’t seen this, it is worth a look.
    The Saudis made this video to memorialize Our President’s historic visit.

• JC says:

Thank you for the great post and link, Wheatie.
      There are almost no words to describe the “huge significance” of our President’s ME accomplishments. We’ve only just begun to note the ramifications of every moment of the historic trip. I’m still awestruck and profoundly grateful.

• Wheatietoo, your point cannot be overstated. Well said.

• wheatietoo says:

Thanks.

I should’ve also added…that when muslims pray, they ‘face Mecca’ and get down on their knees and bow…towards Mecca.

They do this several times a day.

So muslims everywhere, are facing Saudi Arabia in their prayers.
        Every. Day.

• Kroesus says:

they pray five times a day facing Mecca….that is one of the “Five Pillars of Islam”…..to make it easier for the Gitmo detainees they have marking all over the facility pointing towards Mecca

• yucki says:

Which means that when they pray at the Temple Mount in Jerusalem, their rear-ends are aimed at the Dome of the Rock. Hardly shows respect for a place they claim as their ‘holy site’.

• greenvalleygal says:

Is that FDR at 2:18 in the video Together we Prevail?

• wheatietoo says:

Yes, which is significant, I think.

It’s like they’re saying…that they view this as being as historically significant to them, as when their previous King made an alliance with FDR.

19. greenvalleygal says:

Goosebumps reading the power of President Trump’s action and leadership. Thank you, Mr. President for your vision and resolve.

• Your Tour Guide says:

Something else is occurring. The countries Trump goes to and is
      received with open arms in are all active in promoting worship.
      Different religions, but the common thread is the celebration
      of a supreme being. The countries where Trump is being
      undermined, treated with disdain are doing the exact opposite.
      EU countries are steaming towards atheism. Poland, Romania,
      the former Soviet bloc countries are heading towards Christianity.
      Same for Russia. Won’t go any further, but anbody else see the
      pattern?

• mefotobug says:

Good point. Reminds me of the Proverb: if the foundation be destroyed what can the righteous do? For all three of these major world religions, they hold true the phrase “In the beginning God…” What you seem to be pointing out is the distinction being made by our POTUS, Trump, at the very root, basic, foundation level.

As a builder he recognize the value of supporting and stabilizing the foundation. Only after that can the clear distinction be made that the difference in these three foundations (Christianity, Judiasm, Islam) is that the one we stand firm on, has Jesus Christ as the chief corner stone.

20. fastrock says:

There is much to accomplish in assisting our Prez. Weekly I make contact by email or phone to McConnell and Paul Ryan to stop the foot-dragging in putting Trump’s team in place and pass legislation. As a KY resident, I respectfully ask Senator McConnell to retire.

As of yesterday, following the Comey Senate hearing, I”m adding contact with Attorney General Sessions to save the taxpayers money by ending Robert Mueller special counsel investigation into Russia collusion.

21. Jimmy Jack says:

Is this also a warning to Saudi Arabia? Did anyone else get this from the line about how there may never be anything like that summit again?

I don’t entirely understand the complexities of this region but I don’t trust the Saudis, particularly after 9/11. Their funding and exporting of Wahhabism is spreading terrorism throughout the world.

• MVW says:

The problem is in numbers. If Islam is peaceful only when their followers are few, or lack military capability, then the current ‘give them a chance’ is a recipe for death when the time is ‘right’. This is tactics spelled out in Islam by Mohammed.

Until all the verses that overtly or imply violence in the 4 holy books are removed, we are sticking our heads in the sand.

22. C-Low says:

Hopefully he will follow through with designating the MB a terrorist org. That will make possible all the follow on steps to target their financing, organizing, sponsors etc…..

Never forget that Zarqawi OG founder of ISIS and the butcher of Iraq and Zawahiri the current leaders of AQ, with uncommon others all were raised up created from the MB. The Muslim Brotherhood is the root of the tree.

23. SgtWalleye says:

As an Air Force, aircraft maintainer, I have been to bases in Turkey and Qatar. I hope we pull out of these bases and leave. The amount of money we give these countries to operate off their bases is incredible. It supports terrorism in an indirect way. Qatar is the worst! Ugh…

24. fbi employment agreement – FBI.gov
    FBI EMPLOYMENT AGREEMENT.

25. Joe says:

Quatar is just the designated bag holder. ISIS is being sacrificed, cannon fodder will die, important people will join new organiztions, and fhe caliphate project put on hold.

26. PDQ says:

THIS always did and still does BLOW MY MIND:

THE MUSLIM BROTHERHOOD INFILTRATES OBAMA ADMINISTRATION

Still wondering what the lasting implications are/will be.

27. dotherightthing4 says:

Did you know NONE of the leaders of the major European nations have one thing in common? They have no children or grandchildren. This is why they don’t give a damn about the hell hole they are leaving for the next generation. They do not care about young boys being raped in dressing rooms of swimming cabanas or young girls becoming child brides or “groomed” for the sex trade. http://dcwhispers.com/rather-odd-troubling-fact-european-leaders/

• Maquis says:

I believe.

I feel, when life seems unlivable, that I have offspring that do not deserve to be abandoned to the ravages of Islam nor the soul-crushing cog-life of Globalism.

Then I get POed and look for more ways to fight, or, at least, stay in the game.

28. Kenyon Hull says:

Note to President Trump: Do not count Saudi Arabia or any other Muslim country as your friend yet. They may have agreed with you on stopping terrorism or the funding thereof but nobody, nobody, NOBODY lies like an Arab. Trust me on this one.

29. Sunshine says:

ERDOGAN stands with QATAR – End the blockade, he says:

30. Maquis says:

Rock On, Sir!
    Shake the Nations.
    Show no fear.
    Bend to no evil.
    Call for Humanity and Love in a part of this World that has seen little of either for far too long.
    Call for Repentance and the End of Evil.
    God Bless your every Endeavor.
    To have a Righteous leader, a Fearless and Courageous one, will be a Blessing unto all Nations.
    We Love you.
    We Support you.
    Our Lion.

31. stobberdobber says:

I meant to mention this before but got wrapped up in the story, but didn’t that pencil case bomb look alike kid, the one O invited to the WH move to Qatar? Coincidence I guess.

32. Robert says:

If you want to stop funding of terrorists, then arrest george soros and all his minions. They are the main problem.