Earlier we shared the remarks by Secretary Rex Tillerson as he opened a U.N. Ministerial Session on North Korea’s nuclear ambition. However, what we were unable to find was video of the closing remarks.

The closing remarks by T-Rex were intensely direct. The video is available on the State Department Website HERE. (w/ Transcript Below)  There are some critical forward policy points outlined in the T-Rex closing.

SECRETARY TILLERSON: I shall now make a further statement in my capacity as Secretary of State of the United States.

First, I appreciate all of the statements that have been made by you, and I have received those statements in the constructive spirit in which I know they’ve been offered. I also want to acknowledge the presence of a large number of ambassadors with us today. Your presence gives strength to the importance of this issue. It is a visible demonstration of the importance of this issue to the international community, and I welcome you, and I appreciate you being here.

It has been stressed repeatedly in many of your statements today North Korea has failed to honor its commitments of the past. It has made promises which it has broken. Had this body fully enforced and stood behind resolutions it had enacted in the past, vigorously enforcing sanctions with full compliance, perhaps we would not have found ourselves confronted with the high level of tension that we face today.

We will not negotiate our way back to the negotiating table with North Korea. We will not reward their violations of past resolutions. We will not reward their bad behavior with talks. We will only engage in talks with North Korea when they exhibit a good-faith commitment to abiding by the Security Council resolutions and their past promises to end their nuclear programs.

And that is why we must have full and complete compliance by every country to the resolutions that have been enacted by this body in the past – no relaxation in the vigorous implementation of sanctions. And we have called for those sanctions to be extended to other areas as well on a voluntary basis, and we’re calling globally for all countries to participate in exerting pressure on North Korea – this is the way you make your voice heard, is through action.

Any failure to take action diminishes your vote for these resolutions of the past, and diminishes your vote for future resolutions, and it de-values your seat at this council.

We must have full, complete compliance by all members of the council.

I thank you.

(LINK)

This entry was posted in China, media bias, N Korea, President Trump, Secretary of State, Secretary Tillerson, Uncategorized, United Nations. Bookmark the permalink.

101 Responses to Secretary Rex Tillerson Closing Remarks to U.N. Security Council Session on North Korea…

1. Running Fast says:

It will be real interesting to see how NK responds. Masterfully played by the Trump Admin!

2. Donna in Oregon says:

It isn’t possible to speak any clearer. Best SOS ever!

3. Rickster says:

Knight takes Queen…………………

4. Rather plain spoken, right to the point, no loose ends, bull by the horns attitude.
    Brilliant!

5. M33 says:

I love Tillerson.

He is a good man. A true boy scout.

President Trump could not have picked a better Sec. of State.

6. Owlen Rose says:

He’s really gave all the nations the ultimate shame test on countries in the most diplomatic way possible: in essence if you don’t come down hard on NK like you promised, your word is no longer holds any value.

This is Tillerson’s play to put teeth into the UN, and if they don’t bite, it will remain a toothless entity.

7. A.D. Everard says:

Fantastic speech. Straight to the heart of the matter. No messing about. No weakness. Very powerful.

8. trapper says:

I’ll take those guns, boys.

9. NJF says:

Carries big stick

10. Charlie says:

U.N. on notice, “de-values your seat”. Forcing bloviating leaders to actually lead.
    Prime property in New York may be up for sale soon.

• WVPatriot says:

The UN does NOT own the property, where the General Assembly Building and Secretariat Building complex are located on Manhattan at 801 First Avenue.

The UN would have sold up and gone to Brussels years ago if they had not found out the property reverts back to the Rockefeller family.

11. maiingankwe says:

I think our TRex would get quite a kick out of the picture above with him and his dragon. It sure says a lot in that picture too. Maybe one of us should send it to the State Dept and WH.

Tillerson is all business, you are either with the United States or you are not, and if not, it will diminish your standing at the UN. It doesn’t matter what you voted on for resolutions in the past, it will “de-value your seat at this council.

Okay, they know where we stand and they pretty much know by now we are Not full of bluster as the one so-called leader we had before. This is serious and complicated business folks. Either stand with or stand down. Simple.

I doubt most can though. Only real leaders will see and understand the seriousness of this. The globalist aren’t safe either. If they get a war started with NK it by no means ensures their survival with Jimmy at the helm of a nuclear arsenal and all of their pretty buttons.

I really believe Jimmy boy is way out of his league and that is not good. I don’t think he has what it takes to make rational decisions and what is best for his people. Tillerson may have said he’s not crazy, and that may be true, but I don’t think he has the maturity to think all of this through. I wouldn’t doubt if he was hoping someone would talk with him honestly and be frank about what his decisions may lead to.

He is still a boy in my mind who has been given everything and there is no one who will speak frankly with him. They’re all terrified and for good reason. At least his father had life experiences behind him. His dad is no better as a human, but maybe just maybe he would have reacted differently rather than his son basically saying, screw all of you I will do what ever I want, and I want to blow all of you up. Death to America! Death to Japan! Death to South Korea! I will rule the whole world as I rule NK!

Sorry, it don’t work that way and it’s not going to happen little Jimmy.

12. drillerelite says:

Oh yeah, we’re done playing. It’s about damn time

13. Brenda copely says:

Secretary Tillerson is FANTASTIC. HE IS MATURE, responsible, intelligent, articulate and SERIOUS. THANK YOU PRESIDENT TRUMP FOR NOMINATING DUCH AN INCREDIBLE REPRESENTATIVE FOR America and thank you Secretary Tillerson for accepting the tremendous responsibility to represent the United States Of America.

14. fangdog says:

Another way of saying, “It is now or you are history”.

15. Way to whip the school yard back into shape, T-Rex!!

• MVW says:

‘School yard’ is the state of the world for a very long time. Trump and Company are clear-eyed with razor sharp intellect.

After N. Korea is Islam. The Donald will at some point tackle Islam. That is what ‘The Snake’ poem was for, to remind Mohammed’s muslims that The Donald knows.

• Method2Madness says:

Clear-eyed and razor sharp intellect because they are Divinely inspired. This is why they don’t say that Islam or Muhammad are the problem. I’m an American citizen, an Arab/Muslim, and I love Trump and his team, because they are inspired. It is easy to be confused in this age of lying.

16. alliwantissometruth says:

The adults are back in charge

When you give in to a disobedient & pouting child, & not follow through with the punishment consequences, you produce a petulant, spoiled child who’ll continue to act out

The above is how the left deals with international affairs, creating scheming children worldwide

But now, “Daddy’s” home, & he has his belt off & he’s pissed

17. Sylvia Avery says:

Wow. I am awfully proud to have someone like Sec of State Tillerson representing us. Wow.

18. fleporeblog says:

I also think TRex and our Lion are begging these other countries to do the right thing while we have time, especially China. I use the word begging in the sense that they would like it resolved without having to use our military because if it comes to that, we will blow NK up day and night and many of their people will be killed. If that day comes, the amount of missles, tomahawks, MOABs will be overwhelming. This isn’t 1950 and I mean that with no disrespect. Technology has allowed us to destroy a nation with limited boots on the ground.

China can’t have this happen and are operating under the fact that time is truly limited.

• WSB says:

.Seoul would be devastated.

• fleporeblog says:

Regrettably you are probably right. Not sure if the THAAD defense and our ability to shoot down rockets with lasers would be enough to allow us to rain hell on them to the point their weapons are minimized. Hopefully the NK will kill him and ask for peace.

• starfcker says:

Seoul will be fine. I’ve learned from having communications interupted after hurricanes just how delicate and critical electronic communications can be. Picture little kim picking up phone after phone and realizing they are just paperweights. Do you think blowing up his rockets has been fun? Wait till he can’t communicate with somone a block away.

• WSB says:

That’s what I keep hoping…China or we need to just turn out the lights. Then it is all over. However, we need a replacement plan.

• MVW says:

We are indeed in a sobering position. Only room here is for grave, sobering reflection and the hope that kinetic action is averted.

• Gen. Mattis: “I come in peace. I didn’t bring artillery. But I’m pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you f— with me, I’ll kill you all.”

Edited by Admin…

19. Janice says:

Pretty awesome isn’t it?

20. WSB says:

No finer Statesman, no more urgent and sobering call.

I expect that the US will return dire consequences for any country or individual who continues to engage with NK. Most likely, we will shut down our interactions with any aider and abettor. Financially, that would spell international disaster for the co-conspirator.

Heads up.

21. joshua says:

maybe we could appoint John McCain as ambassador to North Korea and send him over their to get things under control……snarf snarf…..Bomb Bomb Bomb…..Bomb Bomb McCain.

• starfcker says:

I hear Dennis Rodman is ready for the call.

• cozette says:

What are the odds that Dennis Rodman who is idolized by Kim and who made goodwill trips to Nork with fellow NBA stars also happens to be very good friends with our P4esident Trump? No one on earth has such a personal, back door link to Kim but PDJT. And I know hes aware of it and factorng in how to use it. I noticed too, even in the primaries, that Trump never bashed Kim like our stupid politicians do. Instead he talked about how young he was when forced to take over, how ruthless the older men who surrounded him were and what a tough cookie he must be to have survived. When I heard those comments I knew he had the right angle, that he would use the “Rodman angle” some how. This going to be so interesting. I believe PDJT is trying to figure out a way to give Kim the Mar a Lago treatment, tempting the young man with a reminder of the outside world he loved and had to give up to become Norks leader. The kid is trapped. He needs help figuring out how to escape.

• domain496 says:

From your lips to Trumps ear…..

22. Kristin says:

Clarity people! Straight talk and clarity. True leadership. We are so blessed with this cabinet. Proud yo be an American.
    Thank you President Trump.

• cozette says:

23. MVW says:

‘We won’t negotiate our way back to the negotiating table’ says it all. Sanctions promised to be reinstalled and more added. And further actions are left unknown so that no games can be played.

The next moves are China’s and N. Korea’s. The problem is that Kim will need to navigate to a new strategy that his father did not hand him… And Kim is very young.

Time to fish or cut bait. And I have no idea what will happen next.

• MVW says:

Grown ups are in charge.

• tellthetruth2016 says:

Even IF Lil Kim decided to get rid of his nukes and do what we ask, He is so immature and has No Idea what “negotiating” is or How to go about it ……. Yea, Lil Kim will have to be replaced with an Adult that can run a Country ……

• cozette says:

I disagree with your assessment of Kim and believe PDJT is correct. Kim is a very shrewd and very tough cookie forced to take over a ruthless regime at a very young age when his father died. Hes masterfully extorted the world for concessions with his aggressive posturing. However, unlike his father or grandfather Kim was educated in the West at a private Swiss boarding school. He has a well known love of American culture and is a huuuge NBA fan. Dennis Rodman, Trumps friend and supporter, is his idol. Dennis has visited Nork hoping to use his fame to encourage his famous fan to open up to the world so PDJT has insider info and personal leverage. He is friends with Kims idol. Finally, it is not irrational for Kim to want to keep nukes. Look what we did to Saddam and Qadaffi after they disarmed. We invaded their countries and killed them in the most brutal of ways. Hed be a fool not to have noticed. Thanks neocons.

• cozette says:

• deanbrh says:

I doubt Kim is suicidal, and that’s what he’s contemplating, in the end. He KNOWS that!

• mikeyboo says:

He may not be suicidal but his behavior has gotten him very far with no one requiring him to behave. Yes, his people may suffer but he lives very well indeed.
        History is the best predictor of the future and history tells him he can intimidate the rest of the world by acting “crazy”. Is the rest of the world ready to bomb the little $hit into oblivion in order to take his hands off weapons of war?

24. keebler AC says:

Puts Hillary Clinton and her plastic reset button with Russia to total shame. She can’t shatter any glass nevermind a ceiling.

• Fe says:

Sure makes her look immature in the grand scheme of things

• Sylvia Avery says:

I know, right? I hate to keep harping on it, but I can’t help it. I watch T-Rex and he is so dignified, so strong, so AMERICAN and I can’t help but squeeze my eyes shut and recall Hillary and the cheesy plastic reset button and Kerry dragging along poor ol’ James Taylor to warble You’ve Got a Friend in one of the most awkward diplomatic moments ever, and I just thank God for seeing us through all of that.

• usayes says:

I don’t precisely know why, but the adults now in charge reminds me of PDJT’s repeated comment to Clinton in one of the debates about her being there for 30 years without doing/accomplishing anything (so ABSOLUTELY TRUE) — that comment makes me smile almost as much as the “you’d be in jail” retort!

• jonvil says:

An anonymous source informed me that she can shatter a glass mirror with just a glance…

25. Phil aka Felipe says:

DON’T MESS WITH T-REX!

26. Xroads says:

Love that picture of TRex. Those eyes can cut steel. As old as I am, the thought of that look directed at me makes me involuntarily revert to feeling like a child caught in the act of some mis-deed. Would NOT want to negotiate or play poker against him!

27. SPMI says:

Powerful!

28. Billy Dunn says:

T Rex was a home run pick for President Trump.
    Second only to AG Jeff Sessions.
    MAGA

• cozette says:

Please remember that Rubio was going to withhold his support during the confirmation battle.

• Sylvia Avery says:

Little Marco never looked quite as small as he did when he was trying to diminish T-Rex in those hearings. The incredible shrinking senator. And you know, I thought Marco had potential. I really thought he maybe could develop into a decent President. How could I have been so blind???????

• graciegram says:

You weren’t alone Sylvia. Early in the primary I was leaning Rubio. By the time the primary vote reached my state of NC, Rubio was outta here and PDJT had my vote.

29. Atticus says:

The adults have returned, and are back in charge.

30. A2 says:

Sec Tillerson delivered a message to the UN, but China was the target. Put up or shut up put bluntly.

China, despite the hopeful panda stroking rhetoric in the US, has not yet given up their NK card. And Russia is backing them up. The coal import ban, that China had agreed to by UN sanctions prior to Pres Trump, was never enforced (in fact they spent the time importing NK coal to fill their deficit reserves until forced to comply with their UN treaty obligations) by this administration. There is also, by objections by China and Russia, no new UN sanctions fast-tracked that obviously hits Chinese import/export and financial institutions. Hmm.

The ‘double suspension’ strategy espoused by China backed by Russia, is nothing less than to protect NK, a useful tool in the toolbox, not in essence to support denuclearisation of NK. Why? Because they want THAAD removed, and the US to abrogate its regularly scheduled military exercises with US allies, Japan and South Korea. How convenient. Who, if we may speculate, on past performance is to oversee this ‘denuclearisation’. It is a dangerous geopolitical game these three (China, NK and Russia) are playing. NK has a mutual defense treaty with China signed and never abrogated since 1961.

Confucius during the warring states period, called for the rectification of names, that is, a correspondence between what is named and its essence.

Secretary Tillerson has delivered a strong message to all parties. Make the words, match the essence.

31. Leslie Ingersoll says:

Eagle Scout and now SOS, T Rex said in his Boy Scout Address, after recanting a Scout Leaders’ story “Son I was put here”, “I was put here” he said.
    I believe him and thank God for him. Good always prevails❤

32. Phil aka Felipe says:

That look on T-Rex: “Son, don’t make me take my belt off and blister your butt with it.”

33. zephyrbreeze says:

This is parenting on a large scale, and Little Kimmy has been a bad, bad boy.

34. zephyrbreeze says:

Rex Tillerson epitomizes public service in the manner and on the scale it was intended – to be an act of gracious acceptance and exquisite competence as a way to honor America. God Bless him and his family. We get the better end of the deal.

35. MissingAndrew says:

U.S. State Department YouTube Channel

—————————————————————-

Secretary Tillerson’s Remarks at Close of UNSC Ministerial Session on D.P.R.K.

36. MaineCoon says:

In one statement SoS T-Rex o/b/o President Trump is holding 193 UN countries accountable for the current dire condition in NK.

Who’s going to blink, you might ask? We all know who isn’t.

Countries in the UN:
    193
    United Nations Member States
    There are currently 193 Member States in the United Nations. Each member state is a member of the United Nations General Assembly. Following is the list with dates on which they joined:
    U.N. Member State Date of Admission

Venezuela 15 November 1945
    Viet Nam 20 September 1977
    Yemen [18] 30 September 1947
    Zambia 1 December 1964
    Zimbabwe 25 August 1980

37. Mike diamondm says:

Kim Jung un will soon be cast aside by his own military! Keep praying!

38. testpointwp says:

Compare this with the last speech our defeatest ex-pResident gave to the UN where he said, “I do not think that America can…”. Well Barry, American can and America will.

39. Mike diamondm says:

T Rex is for real, Obama would of sang us a song by Taylor swift,and would of said there is nothing we can do!!