Report: Secretary T-Rex Begins Reducing State Dept. Bureaucrats…

A report from Bloomberg highlights the anxiety within the professional state department apparatus as Secretary Tillerson begins substantive cuts in the number of pontificating elitist bureaucrats.  It’s amazing how the ankle-biters never seem to recognize these consequential shifts in policy and approach toward dismantling the bureaucracy.

The State Department is the cornerstone of Deep State operations. It is a massively bloated institution filled with some of the most entrenched political globalists and ideologues.

(Via Bloomberg) The State Department plans to cut 2,300 U.S. diplomats and civil servants — about 9 percent of the Americans in its workforce worldwide — as Secretary of State Rex Tillerson presses ahead with his task of slashing the agency’s budget, according to people familiar with the matter.

The majority of the job cuts, about 1,700, will come through attrition, while the remaining 600 will be done via buyouts, according to the people, who asked not to be identified because the decision hasn’t been publicly announced. William Inglee, a former Lockheed Martin Corp. official and policy adviser in Congress, is overseeing the budget cuts and briefed senior managers on the plan Wednesday, the people said.

The personnel cuts, which may be phased in over two years, represent the most concrete step taken by Tillerson as he seeks to reverse the expansion the department saw under former President Barack Obama’s administration and meet President Donald Trump’s demand — outlined in an executive order signed last month — to cut spending across federal agencies. A draft budget outline released in March for the year that begins Oct. 1 seeks a 28.5 percent reduction in State Department spending from fiscal 2016.  (read more)

He is moving “forward” at speeds Obama could not even dream of.

You and I will be anti-Trump trolls one day and MAGA heroes the next. Get used to it. Trump speed is the new normal. Some will call it flip-flopping, but that’s not what it is. Trump is dodging and weaving through reality faster than the reality can react to disrupt his plans.

I was explaining this to my wife. This is a roller-coaster now. Trump is no longer waiting for people to keep up. He is taking his bewildering art-of-the-deal campaign schtick into geopolitics, and for a lot of people who can’t keep up or hold on, it will be a rough ride.

Trump is no longer playing only with evil and cunning players who are still predictable, easily beatable dopes, like Hillary. He is playing against killers, with his own team of killers, and all the while he has scheming creeps like Hillary, BGI, SPLC, and the neocons gunning for him. Snake Ryan ready to bite when nobody is looking. “Warhead” McCain screaming for Russian blood. Psycho Kim and Samoa Obama plotting some kind of intrigue to take him down. And THOSE are the lightweights.

This is the majors now. Trump has to outwit world-class adversaries and “frenemies” by defining the deals that they will agree to. One minute they will think Trump is their friend – the next minute, a cunning, bitter foe.

And he has to do this with evil cheerleaders like Warhead, Linderace, Dipsy Dowd, Maggie Haterman, and Fake Yapper trashing him or praising him alternately, no matter which way he goes. They can’t keep up, either.

Neither can many around him. I think that half of the problem with advisers crashing into each other is they don’t realize what Trump is doing.

And people will trash you, and they will trash me. Get used to it. I’ve already caught plenty of people mocking me. Well, just wait a week in Trump time. Look stupid and conned by Trump one minute, and you look like a sage three days later.

Trump will not find perfect solutions. He will find OPTIMAL solutions. We cannot ask for more. Trump has stood by and watched Perfect murder Good for 8 years – maybe longer. He’s not gonna do it. He’s going to deliver the best outcome possible, and he’s not waiting for us to feel relaxed about it.

Best presidency ever! Just hang on. More winning is coming, but a lot of people are going to scream that it’s all over at EVERY turn.

The best way through this is to define viewpoints, not people, because people will shift as they change position and velocity in Trump gravity. Bash the neocon, warmonger, and dopey globalist positions – not the people who are going to hold them one moment and come loose from them later.

Trump is Jupiter moving through the asteroid belt. He is going to pull people into his orbit. A few will get slung off into space, but most will come along for the ride of their lives.

I am ON the Trump Train for good, even if I scream that I want off and can’t take it.

In the end, I only want to scream “TOO MUCH WINNING!!!”  (link)

….”And we will win, and you will win, and we will keep on winning… Believe me. And we will win so much, you will get tired of winning; and you will say: please Mr. Trump, we can’t take all of this winning… And I will say to you, NO. …We will win more, and we will keep winning,.. and we will win, and we will keep on winning…. I love you”…

~ President Donald Trump

This entry was posted in Big Stupid Government, Deep State, media bias, President Trump, Professional Idiots, Secretary of State, Secretary Tillerson, Uncategorized, USA. Bookmark the permalink.

223 Responses to Report: Secretary T-Rex Begins Reducing State Dept. Bureaucrats…

1. joanfoster says:

So 1700 jobs disappear through attrition. Does that mean that 1700 Muslim brotherhood members employed at State have to die or either walk off the job? Why can’t we outright fire these people.

• Ono says:

All government (city, county, state, and federal) unions need to be abolished. These are jobs that are held by people who are paid by taxpayer money.

They either do what they are told or jump into the deep end with the rest of society.

As a self employed business owner it is called accountability…if you do not perform then you will not have a job.

Tenure for teachers is the worst of all these atrocities. Once teacher has tenure then teacher does not need to follow rules,

• Civil service rules, joan. And in my mind, the worst dept of state people were the pinkos. Muslims don’t hold a candle to them for destructiveness, they are too new to the game..

• joanfoster says:

It’s hard comparing two evils. Of the two I would prefer to take out the Muslim Brotherhood first. The pinkos don’t seem themselves as a “minority” group entitled to constitutional protections and they are more stealth.

• buzzybee says:

How long does it take to get out of quicksand? Worthwhile things take time, especially in a swamp that had two terms of Clinton and two terms of Otrauma to grow swampier. Like devastation after a tornado, it will take the good guys time to clean up the mess. Especially with looters in the midst. Winning is happening. And our POTUS is moving very quckly actually. He’s just missing the magic wand needed to make it all go away suddenly.

• mikeyboo says:

Great post! that’s it exactly.

• joanfoster says:

I wasn’t being critical, just asking a question. I realize that there are no job protections anywhere in this country like those in civil service nor are there benefits which accrue at the rate those job benefits accrue. I just want to live long enough to be able to say I saw it happen.

• Buzzybee says:

I can’t blame you there, Joan. I think we’d all like to live long enough to see better things happen. And I think we will now. I really think we will. I heard once that America is a big ship and a big ship takes time to turn around if it’s going the wrong way. If we can just picture this country as a big (I mean huge) ship, and imagine enemy subs all around with threatening ammunition, yet the Captain of this ship knows we need to turn in a different direction. That’s pretty much how I see our situation, although I think it’s more complicated than this analogy. There are things happening on board this ship that make the Captain’s job even harder. BUT we have a superb Captain.

• Charlotte says:

Please G-d because the Muslime Brotherhood and their terrorist brothers CAIR, ISNA etc are going to SABOTAGE because Pres Trump declared Jerusalem to be the eternal capital of Israel.

2. MissMichael says:

Joy, tears, laugh…..wow, what a brilliant read!

3. S. Armaticus says:

You are correct. The President Donald is the last best chance that this Republic will ever get.

4. davecatbone says:

One of your best SD. Thank you.

5. Bendix says:

This is something I have long thought should happen,way overdue.
    You can’t keep in touch with the people of a country, when you have a bunch of stuck up entitled preppie connected nepotistic snobby snots partying like it’s 1949 with their social equivalent overseas.

6. C. Lowell says:

The state department has earned all this — and more!

BTW, I heard that DJT signed an executive order again shredded cheese this past week:

Apparently he wants to make America grate again…

7. heldnmut says:

Excellent analysis and breakdown. Thanks for the pep talk. The constant nattering nabobs of negativity have worn on me & some of Trump’s actions have bothered me. So, I really do appreciate the reminder that”Perfect has murdered Good.” Trump is driving towards accomplishment and we WILL get much better results with him than any other. Kudos Sundance!

8. jstanley01 says:

Hopefully those six hundred buy-outs will move to the private sector, and apply their intelligence, skills and experience to productive pursuits. In which case they will be contributing to the commonweal rather than detracting from it like they are now.

The plain fact is, government is a zero-sum game. Whatever resources it extracts to perform its functions are resources that are subtracted from the private economy, which is where productivity occurs. Government produces nothing, in economic terms. Government cannot spend one thin dime that was not produced by someone else. Which is why paring it back to the smallest size possible is vital, if the country is to avoid penury.

One of these days in the not too distant future, we might even see discussions arise in think tanks and the halls of Congress and on C-Span on the question of: What are the proper functions of government and what are not the proper functions of government? Some of the discussions might even revolve around — get this! — the Constitution!

I know, I sound like a raving lunatic. But hey, if Donald J. Trump is now President of the United States, no telling what craziness could actually happen.

• maiingankwe says:

jstanley01,
      You don’t sound like a raving lunatic, not to me anyways. Does that make me a loonie too? 🙃 No, just another who has hopes our country can get back on track and realizes what it should be doing, not what it is doing.

Great post by the way,
      Ma’iingankwe

• jstanley01 says:

The funnest thing about being alive nowadays are the wonderful people, online and in real life, with whom we have the privilege of making America great again together.

• fangdog says:

I have employed ex-government employees and it has never worked out for me. I found them to be lacking pragmatic common sense. ……just a different breed-of-cat from my experience. What I have found it is a different world when you go from “excuse and blame” to “responsibility and accountability”. Oh there are exceptions of course, but far and in between, IMO.

• Libertybelle says:

Excellent (and funny) post, J! I have major trust issues with political figures, to say the least. But I have quit doubting our wonderful President Trump and am having a very comfortable ride on the Trump Train right now. What a thrill to see what’s happening, as well as contemplating what is actually possible!!! Never thought I would see this in my lifetime, if at all, and I never miss an opportunity to enthusiastically engage my children and grandchildren to watch this spectacular unfolding of the freedoms i once thought lost. MAGA!!!!

• buzzybee says:

jstanley01, you do not sound like a lunatic at all. In fact, as I read your post I was thinking how one sentence bears repeating for all of us, quote, “Government cannot spend one thin dime that was not produced by someone else.”

When it comes to economics, too many people do not understand how capitalism (as opposed to socialism, marxism, or communism) is supposed to work for prosperity. Part of the commie propaganda campaign is to take the word, ‘profit’, and make it sound evil. As though if a business owner makes profit from his goods in order to have income to support himself, he is then ‘profiting’ from his customers. Yikes! They conveniently leave out the personal responsibility and self sufficiency part of it all, including things like the pursuit of happiness and individual rights (as written in the Bill of Rights).

But wait! I just read in my last Sunday paper that one of our congressmen makes $170,000.00 per year in salary (wonder if this includes benefits). Unconscionable! We taxpayers/patriots/serfs PAY for them to ‘feather their own nest’ as my dear departed mom in law used to say. The liberals (actually communists to my way of thought) seem to have no trouble with government employees getting fat off of the people, including the poorest people. Those bleeding heart libs who say they care about the poor are fooling themselves, or they are ignorant, or both.

SO… you’re absolutely right. Government cannot produce goods by itself. It lives off of the goods produced by the people. Add the fact that ‘government’ is supposed to consist of ‘we the people’, but that’s a whole other post. The libs and elitists forget that government works FOR US, not we FOR THEM. We the people don’t owe them a fat living so they can vacation on a yacht, own mansions (like Al Gore), or otherwise become ever more gluttonous. Let them feather their nests through their own hard work, and the rest remaining kept lean.

9. Carrie says:

Unload 50% of ALL federal, state, and county jobs!!! SAVE THE TAXPAYERS SOME MONEY!

10. Jeffrey Leyerle says:

A metaphor comes to mind — a reporter publishes an article about some guy with a chainsaw…

“A man wielding a chainsaw was seen slashing and cutting the limbs off a ten year old oak tree,” writes the veteran journalist, who also holds a Masters in Communication.

In truth the chainsaw wielding arborist has been directed by the groundskeeper to skillfully prune the weak, dead branches with the plan and vision to help the oak grow even more beautiful and strong in the coming years ahead.

Trust in Trump and our cabinet to drain the swamp, cut the decay and disease, and look forward to the new growth we will see three years from now and beyond for decades. Short game is painful. Long game looks beautiful.

11. dginga says:

2,300 employees is a drop in the bucket for State. Now if they cut 2,300 PER YEAR for all eight years of the Trump administration, that might make a big difference.

12. calbear84 says:

“Pontificating elitest bureaucrats”!! Thanks that made my morning.

13. Dazza says:

Great news. Thoroughly disinfect the State Department with the heaviest measures please.

14. freepetta says:

We love ❤️ love ❤️ love ❤️ you President Trump!!!

15. jojo says:

T-Rex is dynomite! I’ll bet the world leaders shake when he walks into the room. TRUMP has the best merit based achievers surrounding him imaginable. LOVE CTH.

16. Just Scott says:

Wolfmoon does have quite a way with words.