Last week Vice President Mike Pence visited Japan, China, South Korea, Indonesia and Australia.  One of the primary topics was North Korea.  ♦Yesterday (April 23rd), President Trump followed up on Pence’s visit with personal phone calls to China’s President Xi Jinping and Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe; again, the topic was North Korea:

“The two leaders reaffirmed the urgency of the threat posed by North Korea’s missile and nuclear programs, and committed to strengthen coordination in achieving the denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula.” (link)

Today (April 24th), U.N. Ambassador Nikki Haley brings the U.N. Security Council to the White House for lunch with President Trump.  The President spoke of the need for the U.N. to fulfill its original charter. ♦On Wednesday (April 26th), President Trump has invited all U.S. Senators to the White House for a classified briefing on North Korea.

On Friday (April 28th), U.S. Secretary of State Rex Tillerson will be traveling to the U.N. to speak to the Security Council personally:

U.S. Secretary of State Rex Tillerson will travel to New York City on Friday, April 28, to chair a special ministerial meeting of the United Nations Security Council at 10:00 a.m.

The D.P.R.K. poses one of the gravest threats to international peace and security through its pursuit of nuclear weapons, ballistic missiles, and other weapons of mass destruction as well as its other prohibited activities.

The meeting will give Security Council members an opportunity to discuss ways to maximize the impact of existing Security Council measures and show their resolve to respond to further provocations with appropriate new measures. (read more)

Revisit the April 8th post-China Summit Debriefing HERE

PREVIOUSLY – [T]here are limits to what China will be willing to do, not because they are unwilling per se’, but rather specifically because China is unwilling to be seen on the world stage as being leveraged by the U.S. In this regard it’s a matter of pride over principle.

Ultimately if the China-Leverage approach is to work, the Trump administration needs to position China as the ‘good cop’, and the US as the ‘bad cop’.  This gives Xi Jinping the ability to criticize the U.S. for aggressive posturing toward North Korea.  This also positions Xi as the magnanimous world leader bringing prudent pause with the cessation of hostility.

All previous action by the White House in this regard has been the intentional non-connection of policy and strategy dots allowing everyone to fill in the space between words with their own assumptions.

[Informing the Senate of the approach] could be the first time POTUS tells congress what the larger, more consequential, objectives are; and specifically what the Senate needs to know about the potential for the ‘bad cop’ to punch a hole in the wall just prior to exiting the room and setting the stage for ‘good cop’ Xi Jinping’s entry. (more)

There is a clear strategy here.  There is also a very clear outline of what President Trump will do in the next five days.  The important aspect to remember is that NOTHING that happens in the next week will be a surprise to China’s President Xi Jinping and Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe.

REPEAT:

Nothing that happens over the next five days will be a surprise to China’s President Xi Jinping and Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe.

PM Shinzo Abe, President Xi Jinping and President Donald Trump know exactly what is next.  Vice-President Mike Pence and his counterparts know precisely what the next step is.  Secretary of State Rex Tillerson and his counterparts in Japan and China also know what is coming.

Forget how the media frames the narrative – there are ZERO surprises here.  These dots are self evident; there is no guesswork needed.  The communication has been so comprehensive and thorough because the risk of getting the intention wrong is so severe.

There is no doubt President Trump has been deep with this diplomatic communication.

This entry was posted in China, media bias, N Korea, President Trump, Secretary of State, Secretary Tillerson, Uncategorized, United Nations. Bookmark the permalink.

177 Responses to T-Rex Heads To U.N. Friday to Discuss North Korea – The Building Approach the Media Ignores…

1. sundance says:

2. Disgusted says:

So, Marie nor Jen are still available? They each often made my DAY! Howling back in the days when I actually tuned my television on and watched FOX.

3. I am hoping she will be terrific. No one, but no one can be as bad as Jen pissaki or Marie barf!

4. MaineCoon says:

“This is not a drill.”

5. FLEEVY says:

I think now’s an appropriate time for that gif of the red-haired girl with the tsunami…

6. trapper says:

It is so impressive watching these guys work. Diplomacy so masterful it is art. Writing the textbook that will be followed for the next hundred years.

7. Niagara Frontier says:

It may take an evening national address by the President, complete with visual aids, to lay this all out coherently for the American people. It shouldn’t have to come to that. However, the media will never present the “big picture” to the people for fear it might show the President to be not only highly competent but also extremely fearless.

8. Fe says:

We living in very interesting times, and this is going to be one very interesting week, watching this North Korea situation unfold more and more.

9. WSB says:

Thank you for the heads up, SD. I will certainly be entertained by the press coverage. I suppose we could start the script tonight, but then the popcorn would be wasted.

The Trump Administration has so beautifully engaged, from what looks like many months of deliberation, all parties for a thoughtful, respectful joint solution. It is masterful to watch in action.

10. It is with a sense of joy and relief that I can say “My President has got this situation under control.” Whatever happens over the next five days, or weeks, or months, I am secure in the knowledge that President Trump is taking care of our country. It’s in his hands and God’s hands. And because of all of our prayers for him. The easing of the darkness covering our country makes my soul sing.
    There’s still a long way to go and we can not let up in our prayers for President Trump and all the good people he has surrounded himself with.
    And thank you, Sundance, for your timely news and insights. That’s another blessing I’m very grateful for.

• Pam says:

So true. If anyone else had been at the helm, I think we would have more of a reason to be very scared but you are correct. Prayer is key here. We would be crazy to not feel some sense of nervousness but God put our POTUS in this position and with prayer and plenty of support, he can make it and so can we.

• Fe says:

Amen HEF! We shall all keep praying.

• duchess01 says:

Amen, hope! The Power of Prayer cannot be underestimated – it was prayer that got us to this point – prayer that will sustain us – and prayer that will lead us to a peaceful resolution – the last 8 years have been agonizing – but, I believe God allowed it to bring us to a better understanding and a better place – may His Spirit continue to guide our President and inspire other world leaders to do right by their people and their neighbors –

We are definitely blessed, and we thank God for hearing and answering our prayers – we ask Him daily for His love and protection – in the name of Jesus – we pray – Amen

11. Weeper says:

Diplomatic strength!

12. Jim Peters says:

Sundance – I’m assuming you’ve read the Politico bombshell today about Obama’s treasonous activity with Iran deal. There was also a Tablet article a few weeks ago setting out how Obama spied on US senators opposed to the deal. Hope you will post on this soon, extremely important unfolding scandal. Thanks.

13. JMScott says:

And then Mr. Trump rounds out the week with his rally on Saturday. Multitask much?
    Can we infers that he expects the whole NK ordeal will be over by then?
    Like, Shock and Awe and Off to the Rally.

14. wheatietoo says:

It’s all connected.
    Diplomacy – Foreign Relations – Trade – Economics…all of it is connected.

We finally have a President who sees it this way, and acts accordingly.
    And this is truly a blessing.

Foreign leaders can respect Pres Trump…because he is his own man.
    No one owns him.
    He is incorruptible.
    He loves his people and they are his First Priority.

Foreign leaders can appreciate this, even though they may be at odds with him.
    There is a purity to Trump that is unmistakable…and unmovable.
    They know where he stands.
    They can trust it and work with it.

This is shaping up to be a pivotal week.

Who knows what T-Rex will be saying this Friday, when he addresses the UN.
    But I have a feeling that the world will be watching like never before.

15. Joan says:

Wish I knew what the next step will be.

16. snailmailtrucker says:

The UN Named Saudi Arabia to their Human Rights Commission !

GET THE US OUT OF THE UN
    GET THE UN OUT OF THE US !

• wheatietoo says:

It’s an outrage, I know…and I have been saying the same thing about ‘getting out of the UN’, for a long time.

And Pres Trump has expressed the same sentiments, when he was ‘citizen Trump’.

I am thinking now that he has decided to whip the UN into shape and make them finally be useful for a change.
      …And if it doesn’t work, then he will have the righteous justification to kick them out.

Just guessing.
      But it would be like him to do it this way.

• Oldschool says:

That’s what I am hoping Wheatie. Niki has laid the law down in the security council regarding the real issues and the bad actors. Now T Rex. POTUS is giving them a chance (hopefully their last) to take appropriate actions and be relevant. We’ll see how they respond.

• Bingo: Trump decided to whip the UN into shape.

[He CANNOT do it over human rights, but he SURE AS HELL CAN bury the UN over unchecked Nuclear Aggression after he’s served the solution up on a silver platter.]

17. Just Scott says:

Wonder how many minutes for DPRK?

18. WSB says:

I posted this on another thread, however, if you are reading here, you may be interested to know one person who was a victim of North Korea. It is important to understand why Trump and his coalition are working so resolutely. Yeonmi Park tells her tale of escape:

19. North Korea seems so far away State-side, but having lived very close to there a number of times, I can tell you that being in proximity creates a “realness” to how unstable NK’s leadership really is, and the possibility of a destabilization event.

I remember my last time moving home from the Pacific (Oki) it actually crossed my mind (we also had PATRIOT batteries that were deployed Island wide due to NK) that it’d be my luck if our Bird would be the “one” that NK decided to shoot down. lol ..

Very real in the craziest possible way – I shudder to think what can happen, esp to all those in S. Korea, but it’s time to put a lid on this situation.

20. fleporeblog says:

I wasn’t born for the Bay of Pigs but I studied it. There are some things happening now with NK that were similar to that time. I understand that Russia had the real weapons that NK may not have yet. However, given NK’s proximity to SK and to a lesser extent Japan, any kind of strike by us could cause bombs to be released on Seoul. The biggest fear for me is within the next 24 hours. Will this madman decide to conduct his 6th nuclear test? If he does, what will our response be? Unlike Syria, this nut job has the ability to strike back. Remember we have close to 30,000 US troops in SK. Any attack on them would be cause for major retaliations.

I think SD is absolutely right that all the I and Ts have been taken care of. They probably also have a constituency plan for a nuclear test. Maybe just maybe that would be the final dagger for the Chinese to realize enough is enough and put the hardest set of sanctions on NK. Will that get this madman to back down. That is the great unknown. Might also be time to have a joint mission with the Chinese to go in and kill him.

• Fe says:

It is similar Fle, great observation.

• wheatietoo says:

The brinksmanship is similar…but there are some big differences.

We didn’t have two big ‘super powers’ like China and Russia, helping us to solve the problem.
      We were all alone, in the Bay of Pigs conflict.

The message is being sent to the little Fat Brat…”You are disposable”.
      Cold?
      Yes, but it is what is needed.

“You are disposable and the world will not miss you.”

This is the message.
      It remains to be seen whether little Kim will head the message, or not.

• i'm just sayin'.. says:

I still can’t imagine that China does not have some kind of fail safe mechanism, a kill switch, on Kim. Someone close that can neutralize him in a dire circumstance. There are great and grave consequences for China to act on such a mechanism, but the rock and hard place that they find themselves between was probably clearly articulated to President Xi by President Trump. The assembling of the powers that be in the US makes this a week of heightened and exquisite tension in China as they decide where their fortunes lie. Remember President Trump told China, if you don’t do something, we will.
      However Kim is contained or neutralized, great effort will need to be exercised over a long period of time to stabilize and assimilate NK. The effects on world stability may be truly amazing.

21. wheatietoo says:

Have you seen this?

North Korea released this little propaganda video last week:

Trying to be ‘scary’ I suppose.
    But it fails.
    It is really just pathetic.

• Charlie says:

Ring a bell? School teachers training (indoctrinating) children to sing praise to our dear leader.

• Just Scott says:

lil kimmy needs to consult some democrat strategists on the scary…

• FL_Guy says:

As a 12 year old, I thought that was the most stupid, dishonest ad I’d ever seen. It was an obvious lie. In my opinion, had Goldwater been elected, there likely would not have been a Vietnam or if there was, it would have been won quickly. Instead, my entire teenage years were subjected to a war LBJ refused to allow us to win. When I was 15, the local newspaper wanted people to write to the troops at Christmas. I corresponded with a soldier for a while who revealed to me in his letters what an awful mess it was over there. He was hoping it was over before I got old enough to be drafted; it wasn’t though. The D-Rats are incompetent at everything except getting a lot of people killed with little to show for it.

• FL_Guy says:

Message to Ad REM. Hello, I’ve determined that the reason all my comments are being held in moderation is that my IP address is flagged in the must be moderated list. That’s probably why you can’t find why it’s doing it since you don’t know my ip address. I’m going to check and see if it’s possible to change my ip address to solve the problem and make less work for you. Thanks for the help.

• cozette says:

Yep. Goldwater wanted us to get out or go for an all out win which would mean freeing the military to do its job. Dems always insist on politicians running wars. 5ypical Dems lied and said Goldwater was the war candidate. I remember that as well and the outrage I felt.

• Just Scott says:

I was only 1 year old, maybe that is why I don’t remember this one.

• Fe says:

Good grief, what a horrible video.

• SteveFrench says:

That clip is from the movie The Interview

• joshua says:

we got one for them back

22. Bob says:

I hired Trump to arrest and deport the 20 million invaders in my country. Not to invade someone else’s country.

• fleporeblog says:

Bob you like to continue to bring up these talking points! We may have no damn choice. We have 30,000 American troops right next door. They have been there for 60+ years. This madman may be a handful of years away from having the ability to drop a nuclear bomb on the US. To be honest, I hope Trump gets it done by any means necessary because his presidency is a once in a lifetime opportunity. If God forbid we go back to leaders after Reagan, you will have wished something was done during Trump’s 8 years.

• I doubt that there will be much of an invasion.

• fleporeblog says:

Watch damn Wheatietoo’s video above and if you still harbor your feelings, I am done trying to reason with you.

• wheatietoo says:

Right. And in case you haven’t noticed, Pres Trump is working on that job…but the liberals are waging lawfare against him at every turn.

In the meantime, there is a little insane Fatboy with nukes who is screaming:
      “I will not be ignored!”

So this little problem has to be addressed as well.

• Relax Bob. Trump has that handled as well.

• Don’t give me this shit, I have a wife and children to protect. That scumbag who wants to kill them will meet his rightful destiny, and I won’t shed one damm tear. Let’s not forget there are 200 million armed Americans. I suggest you get a set of balls because the only way out of this total disaster is to have a real point of view that is NOT based on some wishful thinking. North Korea is NOT Iraq or an oil globalist pawn. They have one goal, survival threw nuclear weapons and the Chinese have one partner for first strike nuclear war, it’s NORTH KOREA you stupid dumbass! Trump knows this fact, hence, the time has run out.

• You hired? The rest of us voted. That might be your problem.

• Just Scott says:

Bob, what everyone else said. And rest assured, even if there IS an “invasion,” it will be over by Friday because Mr. Trump has to get ready for his rally.

• M33 says:

I know Liberal Democrats who will forever be Trump voters if Trump finally solves the NK stalemate.

• ZurichMike says:

Just a a one-trick, one-issue, one-meme pony, aren’t you, Bob? Sorry, the US is a bit more complicated than that. Please spare us your very tired twitter-like “analyses”.

• Sedanka says:

You hired a brilliant strategist to fix everything. Let him do it in the order he needs to, at the pace he needs to, in order to get it all done. Stop thinking you know better – you don’t. None of us do.

• Robert says:

Exactly! Remember, he purposely does not telegraph his intentions. Anyone liberal or mainstream trying to fill in the blanks is spreading propaganda and falsehoods in order to damage the President.

• joshua says:

Bobby….go sit in the lobby and wait your turn.

23. booger71 says:

Ducks getting in a row.

24. There is a danger here of a serious miscalculation. Since Gulf War 1, DPRK military strategists have studied very closely how the US has fought wars. They have concluded that the US always goes to the UN first. By inviting the UN Security Council ambassadors to lunch at the White House today, and sending T Rex to the UN later in the week, the DPRK may conclude that war is now inevitable.

I do not believe that the US intends to signal this, but that the DPRK may very well reach that conclusion. I also believe that if the DPRK is pushed into a “use it or lose it” situation, they will most definitely use it.

Thus the potential for a grave miscalculation.

Two things are absolutely certain: the DPRK will never give up its independence and sovereignty, and Trump is a master deal-maker.

If I had one wish during this period it would be that there would be an absolute ban on MSM speculating, bloviating, or broadcasting anything about the situation. Not going to happen, I realize, but a man can dream.

Meanwhile, we can all pray for our President.

• Well, I suppose it is a good thing that the Norks ballistic missile tech has not been mastered yet then. They can posture and threaten all they want, but until they can actually launch with any degree of certainty, they will only be a threat via water methods. (boats in harbors) While scary and dangerous of course, we have DJT in charge, and he is taking care of this problem as we “speak”.

Any miscalculations will be on the Norks, and will not end well for them. Thank the Lord DJT is our President and not Hitlery.

• DPRK does not need nukes to raise hell. Day before yesterday they said that if the US attacks, they will “launch a war of national reunification”, i.e. attack S. Korea. They have enough artillery within range of Seoul to make it a lose-lose proposition for lots of people.

It is indeed a God-send that we have President Trump and not Hitlery!

• no-nonsense-nancy says:

I read recently, probably here, that South Korea’s military, our military really, are ready for them. The heads of the military are fearless fighters and are saying to NK, bring it on!

• ZurichMike says:

No, Trump needs to do this for the world to see it is a collaborative, international effort using regional and global leaders of relevant nations. He can then say: I spoke with the national leaders at length, as did VP Pence and SoS Tillerson, I spoke to the UN Security Council, the UN itself, . . . . [etc]. Time to act is now.

• Lburg says:

“….DPRK military strategists have studied very closely how the US has fought wars…..”

And that will be their downfall. How the US has fought wars in the past will have ab-so-freakin-lutely nothing to do with the way we will not fight wars during President Trump’s tenure.

No need to fight a war when you’ve already won.

• mossback says:

if the DPRK is pushed into a “use it or lose it” situation,………That is assuming his missiles work.

25. A majority of Americans view the media as gnats. Not to sweat them.

They are a collection of corruptocrats and pervs. I tune them out when it comes to politics.

• vidlbis says:

I have to add this here, it might be pertinent – I have a family member who simply will not listen to reason.

He doesn’t want to hear or discuss the truth, even though it is truth and uncontestable.

He has his life all mapped out and set in stone, and there isn’t any room for political discussion. His viewpoint is very liberal left, because… of why I can’t figure out.

He just will not “consider” anything. He doesn’t have solid arguments, he just doesn’t argue. Not at all. Deaf ears, etc.

I imagine there are more like him in the world, especially in Portland, OR where he lives.

Sad. I wonder if this applies to us as well?

Probably not. We got the goods, truth wise. It changes one to have truth in your head.

Gives one a truth detector – the more truth in your head, the bigger the truth magnet.

Attracts more… truth.

26. AndrewJackson says:

Today when I went to the local Y to get some exercise in, I forced myself to watch MSNBC and CNN (hey someone needs to monitor enemy communications). Both Anderson Cooper and some metrosexual with glasses were ranting and raving about the “100 days of conflict” and more “muh Russia”. I could not believe it! Trump invited the entire senate to the white house along with the UN security council and all they could talk about is how Trump isn’t following through on his promises and his a Russian agent. I find the first narative extremely hypocritical as they jump for joy every time they help stop the MAGA agenda. Whether stuff gets done or not, they continue to bash him. I am just blown away how they are entirely avoiding any coverage of the events surrounding NK.

27. Just Scott says:

I had to post this one, just in case anyone needs to review before the new moon (4/26).
    The last time I saw this was in 2nd grade, afterwards, we practiced “Duck and Cover.”

• Just Scott says:

Believe it or not, I have one of these on a shelf in the basement, and it still works. The only problem is that it is so insensitive that if the needle ever moves, your life expectancy is measured in days. Parallels to the airport TSA farce today.

28. SR says:

Mostly politicans are robot and they just follow instructions as per close advisers. President Trump is playing multi dimensional chess with NK, UN, China, EU, RINO , democrats and stupid MSM. No-one knows the long term game plan except Trump and few others.

29. NJF says:

Wonderful job SD connecting the dots, although the admin is perfectly clear in what they aim to accomplish. The FSM isn’t listening, but we and the world are noticing.

Hope T-Rex’s address will be televised.

And wonderful comments from fellow Treepers!

30. M33 says:

The understates brilliance of the Trump Administrations makes me want to cry.

Never seen anything like this in my lifetime!

31. geoffb5 says:

One thing we will find out soon is if the entire US Senate takes national security and secrecy seriously or not.

• fangdog says:

I was thinking the same thing. I wonder how long it will take for the first leak to leak out? I imagine there will be 100 “Chooses to remain anonymous” within 30-minutes.

• MaineCoon says:

Since US security is the #1 job of the President, any senator who is a no-show for this event needs to be called to task, and target to be primaried.

It is a conflict of interest for any person to be a senator and defy actions by the President to keep us safe.

I want a list of no-shows.

32. Sharon says:

It’s a privilege to watch Mr. Trump do what he does.

What a relief. What a thorough-going relief to tired hearts that have been watching the clumsiness and incompetence that book-ended Mr. Reagan for decades in both directions.

The sheer depth and breadth of real accomplishment is hard to comprehend…..so I just keep drinking it in….and things being put in place for accomplishments yet to come.

33. Joe says:

So, war?

• A2 says:

China, I believe has delivered a final message to NK before its threatened nuclear test at Punggye-ri site that is roughly 100 kilometers from the Chinese border including the cities of Yanji and Tumen in Jilin that felt seismic activity during the fifth test (2016). A delegation of N Koreans has arrived in Yanji, ostensibly for regular trade and family visits or perhaps to receive the message.

‘Will Pyongyang be wise to take a step back?’
      The message, without the frills, for public consumption (via the CPC mouthpiece the Global Times) is that NK should be ‘resolute’ but also ‘flexible’ and ‘taking a small step back will make a conflict easier to solve. This does not mean being a coward, but being courageous to face the challenge in a different way’.

‘China is now acting to prevent the relevant sides from rolling the dice in this crazy gamble, and is doing this by persuading Pyongyang to quit its sixth nuclear test. If Pyongyang stops now, it will avoid the devastating result that it cannot bear. North Korea can drive a bargain with the US with its current nuclear achievements and strive for its rights over national security.’ Source:Global Times Published: 2017/4/25 0:13:39.
      That was the polite version.
      We shall see.

34. Just Scott says:

This does not make me feel warm and fuzzy, living in Northern Virginia…

MWCOG TITLE: “Full-scale exercise focused on preparing for complex terror attacks to include National Capital Region first responders, emergency managers”

“Law enforcement officials and other first responders will participate in a full-scale exercise on April 26 designed to prepare for the possibility of a complex coordinated terror attack in the National Capital Region.

Emergency managers who work together at the Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments (COG) planned the exercise to help protect residents by preparing for an attack involving multiple target locations and teams of perpetrators.”

“On April 26, we’ll go one step further and stage a very realistic emergency event involving multiple sites and actors posing as the casualties. However, there is no reason for residents to be alarmed because the exercise will occur in a controlled environment.”

35. Just Scott says:

“Reports of North Korea artillery drill as U.S. submarine makes South Korea port call”

Lots of info there, including DPRK live artillery firing exercise off coast, and this statement from China Daily:

“”Judging from their recent words and deeds, policymakers in Pyongyang have seriously misread the U.N. sanctions, which are aimed at its nuclear/missile provocations, not its system or leadership,” the newspaper said in an editorial.

“They are at once perilously overestimating their own strength and underestimating the hazards they are brewing for themselves,””

36. RC says:

Do we really know where all of our, Soviet, South African and other nuclear warheads happen to be?

Starting with ours, there was that incident of a B-52 hit by a SAM over Somalia, which released weapons with nuclear-grade plutonium in need of recovery, which recovery did not quite come off (per the film Black Hawk Down).

Next the haphazard disposal of nuclear weapons in an imploded, chaotic former Soviet Union of 1992 onwards. That country is vast and many unemployed servicemen were desperate for food. To their credit, the Russians are credited of doing serious tracking of theirs, though the same may not be true of other republics. (Turkey once opened some transiting crates labeled ‘spare parts’ and found SA-2 missiles, the sort of SAMs which would have bothered super-sonic fighter jets. Memo to self, always open crates labeled ‘spare parts.’)

Then again, while we did dispose of 6 South African nuclear warheads, thanks to Nelson Mandela, what of the others? Saddam Hussein was in the market — the Israeli’s had bombed and de-activated his nuclear reactor — and he may have acquired some South African bombs, before selling them to . . . possibly North Korea ?

Much like Sarin gas, nuclear weapons come with a best-used-by date and the Soviet / South African warheads are reaching 30 – 40 years of age. Though not in pristine shape, you would not want any in the neighborhood.

37. freddiel says:

Is it really the little fat guy in NK? I find it hard to believe that one little punk can control the destiny of an entire population. Isn’t it more likely that “someone(s)” is controlling him? Even if he were to ..um..fall into an “unexpected” coma or something; wouldn’t his next in line just continue with the lunacy?

38. Pingback: Tillerson Heads To U.N. Friday to Discuss North Korea – IOTW Report

39. Trent Telenko says:

One of the “O-M-G” Class converted SEAL Team and Tomahawk Missile (up to 154!) carrier SSGN Trident’s docked in South Korea yesterday.

These subs are nicknamed the “O-M-G” class because of the names of the converted subs includes Ohio, Michigan, Georgia (and Florida),

A single OMG sub has the throw weight of the five Aegis surface ships normally screening a nuclear strike carrier. Firepower wise, two CV battle groups and one OMG puts ~450 Tomahawks off the North Korean coast.

USS Nimitz is supposed to join the Vinson and Reagan battle groups and the locations of the other three OMG subs is not publicly announced,

40. Rick says:

After two A-bombs hit Japan (saving countless lives in war) and bring a surrender with dignity, it was pretty much unthinkable that humanity would use another nuclear weapon in itself for decades.
    You just wouldn’t discuss such a reality.

Sadly, in today’s world everyone thinks we’re playing a video game and we talk so nonchalantly about nuclear annihilation. Truly something to think about. Where has humanity gone wrong?

41. Like

42. georgiafl says:

I’ve been reading Tom Clancy for over a year…. right now, it’s Op Center (the first one) about North and South Korea and it’s been scary with what’s currently going on.

Kim Jong Un has been growing more unstable and violent over the last year – maybe that’s why SKorea, Japan, China and other Asian nations are uneasy and banding together to ‘do something’ serious to stop him.

43. Bendix says:

We talk a lot about what the media doesn’t talk about.
    I’mm beginning to think that a small part of why these stories don’t get covered, is because reporters today are too stupid to understand them.
    I saw a little bit of that Rachel Maddow last evening, because I relative had her show on. Man, can she really be that moronic? I’ve heard she has some sort of degree. Really? What woman of any actual intelligence could open her mouth and say the stuff she says, and sound so foolish saying it? There isn’t enough money in the world to entice me to do such a thing.
    I think she’s honestly that dead between the ears.

44. daughnworks247 says:

Help me here, please Treepers.
    If we somehow cut off North Korea from developing nuclear weapons, don’t we also cut off Iran?
    Do we get a two-fer?

45. MaineCoon says:

One way or another, sooner or later, Kimmy is going to be relieved of his duties.

IMO Kimmy has a false sense of security and a very big mouth. Deadly combination.

He’s vulnerable. He just doesn’t know it.