Egypt Releases American Aide Worker After President Trump Request…

President Donald Trump and Egyptian President Abdel Fattah al-Sisi began a diplomatic friendship in September ’16 before the U.S. election.  Two weeks ago President al-Sisi visited the White House and both leaders warmly praised the relationship established.

[…] “I fully trust the capabilities of President Trump … he can succeed in so many fields that others cannot. I trust him wholeheartedly.”…

~ Eqyptian President Abdel Fattah al-Sisi

As a gesture of the shift in relationship between the U.S. and Egypt, and at the request of President Trump, President al-Sisi’s administration released two imprisoned aide workers.  They arrived back in the U.S. late last night.

Maintaining a diplomatic approach, President Trump speaks little about the event except to express appreciation for the release.

(Via WaPo) […] President Trump and his aides worked for several weeks with Egyptian President Abdel Fatah al-Sissi to secure the freedom of Aya Hijazi, 30, a U.S. citizen, as well as her husband, Mohamed Hassanein, who is Egyptian, and four other humanitarian workers. Trump dispatched a U.S. government aircraft to Cairo to bring Hijazi and her family to Washington.

[…]  The Obama administration unsuccessfully pressed Sissi’s government for their release. It was not until Trump moved to reset U.S. relations with Egypt by embracing Sissi at the White House on April 3 — he publicly hailed the autocrat’s leadership as “fantastic” and offered the U.S. government’s “strong backing” — that Egypt’s posture changed. Last Sunday, a court in Cairo dropped all charges against Hijazi and the others. (read more)

This entry was posted in Egypt & Libya Part 2, President Trump, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

93 Responses to Egypt Releases American Aide Worker After President Trump Request…

1. dekester says:

Fantastic news. Shall we just add his achievement to the lack of accomplishments, these last one hundred days or so.

• duchess01 says:

We shall, deke!

• Jedi9 says:

I will say this. Please anybody who is an activist in the fight against this propaganda, and has a twitter account, start exposing the hypocrites of Hollywood! Start calling out Glover, Stone, Penn, and many others who supported the dictators of Venezuela, who BTW are now silent and get this conversation started. I don’t have a twitter account, but anybody who does please start doing this! Head it off the pass, make the more people start exposing the hypocrisy of the Hollywood elite, the more we move closer to shutting them down!

MAGA!

• duchess01 says:

We hear you loud and clear, Jedi – Hollywood has lost its glitter – no one listens to them anymore – twitter is controlled – google is controlled – the media is controlled – and so we pray – only God has the power to take them down – believe me – Hollywood has been exposed in countless youtube videos – I assure you – their silence has been noted –

• Steve in Lewes says:

that list of “unaccomplished achievements” sure is getting long!

2. MfM says:

I’m sure the MSM will down play this… and forget to mention that Pres. Obama asked.

• maiingankwe says:

MfM,
      I couldn’t believe it was the Washington Post who had written this, and yes, add that the idiot was a complete failure in freeing our humanitarian aides with el Sisi. My words but same message, at least to me.

Let’s see if any others do the same. Doubtful, but then it was the WP who had written this one.

I wouldn’t be surprised though if some of them claim it was the idiot who had laid down all of the groundwork and our POTUS came in and swooped up all of the honor. It sounds so like them.

• JBrickley says:

TWP article if you get past the subscription paywall is 180 degrees out of phase with reality for about 85% of the article. FakeNews most of it. It was snarky about Trump’s Egypt relations, claimed Sisi was guilty of human rights violations, said that Obama was disappointed in Morsi, etc. All lies. Obama put Morsi and the Muslim Brotherhood into power and it blew up in their face. Sisi restored control and now needs a lot of help to fix the mess Obama created. The TWP is defending Obama’s failed Arab Spring even today. Relations between Obama and Egypt were very cold but now Trump has thawed it out in a few days. Sisi promised no matter the outcome of the Egypt Courts he would get these folks home to the US.

• fedback says:

You are right….
      This story is the classic Guardian story. Aid worker held by authoritarian regime for years.
      Guardian haven’t even mentioned the release. Had it been Obama it would have been top story for days

3. fleporeblog says:

President al-Sisi has love and admiration for our President! When the cameras were rolling in the oval office and on Bret Baier’s show, President al-Sisi referred to our President as “Your Excellency”. It brought tears to my eyes because al-Sisi had to deal with Obozo and his administration that hated and despised him for taking out Morsi and the MB.

I truly can’t wait for our lion to visit Egypt where he will be paraded in the streets of Cairo as a Pharaoh. If we lived in those times today, they would build a great pyramid for al-Sisi and our president!

• fleporeblog says:

I can watch this everyday!

• fleporeblog says:

You will also get a good laugh out of the fact as President al-Sisi is speaking, our President is nodding his head in approval as if he is fluent in the Egyptian language :).

• SteveFrench says:

We were laughing that he was doing the same thing with President Xi at Mar a Lago. Is it just a confidence/power move thing or does he maybe have a well hidden ear piece with a translator? Not sure but love it either way

• dayallaxeded says:

I’m pretty sure it’s the latter. Remember HELLary’s tiny, almost invisible ear piece so controls could be sent to her artificial command center? It would be a fool’s bet to think POTUS doesn’t have gear at least that good and probably much better and less visible.

• Keln says:

He always does that. I noticed this with the president of China as well. Either he knows a lot of foreign languages and has kept that a secret, or he simply does it as a sign of respect and support.

I’m guessing he already knows what they are going to say beforehand.

• sunnydaze says:

Communication between people who don’t speak a word of each others language can be a blast. Have a lot of experience with that myself.

Something happens with some where you get on the same wavelength and actually begin acting as if you *totally* understand what each other are saying. It can go on for a surprisingly long amount of time.

When the “conversation” is over, you actually feel you have communicated with that person!

• BigDilbert says:

“President al-Sisi has love and admiration for our President!”

Every politician respects Trump, for the simple fact that the media built him into a legend. The media did this with their 24-7 Trump beat down. Anyone who could survive that is an instant legend. Trump is the Chuck Norris of politics.

• duchess01 says:

This ‘Obozo’ guy sure made a mess everywhere, didn’t he, flep? Can’t like him –

• Ploni says:

Stop gushing, please!

This American woman was held against her will for three years while al-Sisi was in office. He used her captivity to further his political agenda vis-a-vis the United States, and was released — all charges dropped — only when al-Sisi returned from his visit to Washington.

The funny thing about dedicating oneself to the cause of liberty is that it becomes evident that liberty must go beyond borders.

• Sentient says:

You expect perfection from a Middle East leader? We can’t even get adequacy from Paul Ryan. Don’t look a gift horse in the mouth. Any gushing is due Trump, not el-Sisi.

• Ploni says:

Of course it’s our president. There’s no question of this. Obviously.

The gushing I resent in the post I responded to is another pathetic, blinded- and foggy-eye delusion that is much too common on these pages.

We admire and are grateful for President Trump’s skill, commitment, and tenacity.

PERIOD.

• I must tell you, you have just pissed me off. I am rejoicing that an American was freed. Was she a political pawn? Absolutely. We, and other countries, have also played this game. As for liberty, I am only concerned with American liberty. We are not in charge of the world. I am thankful that a great man, our President, used his God given talents to get her free. Now, please, go away.

• Ploni says:

My complaint is the gushing for a dictator who was forced by the hand of our president.

And why should I go away if you do not agree with my sentiments?

Who are you?

• fleporeblog says:

President Obama stopped our annual funding of $1B a year to Egypt because al-Sissi took out his puppet Morsi at the will of the Egyptian people. It is a shame this girl was held for three years but that is the price you pay when you decide to go to these countries that are under turmoil. It sucks but i can’t blame al-Sissi.

• SteveFrench says:

Spoken like a true Neocon ploni

4. Sunshine says:

So proud of our President. A humble man, he can be.
    The girl will go from rags to riches: expect a book deal and probably a movie deal. Let’s hope she donates some of the proceeds to a good charity.

5. KBR says:

Dreaded to click on the link to “read more” because it was WaPo. But the comments on the first page are all proTrump! And I do love to see that!

6. SteveFrench says:

Interesting and no doubt a win for our President on many levels, not just the obvious accomplishing what Obama couldn’t but also in less obvious ways: this goes against the dems claims that his travel bans are racist.

I’d like to fully understand the situation though. Were they imprisoned during the time when Muslim Brotherhood was in power? I have a healthy dose of skepticism for NGO/humanitarian workers since they so often turn out evil (White Helmets, Clinton Foundation, etc), but if they were put in jail before Sisi took power that makes more sense. I also can’t imagine that PDJT would go to bat for these individuals if they were actually guilty.

And if they were not guilty, did Sisi not release them after coming to power because of the breakdown in relations w/ the U.S. and Obama? That would be unfortunate but honestly completely understandable.

• In AZ says:

I have the same questions.

( I also do not like American citizens, no matter who they are, having dual citizenship. Smacks of Communist Globalism)

• 1hear2learn says:

I have no idea but suspect whatever O asked for, Sisi told him to pound sand…

• fleporeblog says:

According to article, they were charged on child abuse and trafficking charges (the couple and their co-workers had been incarcerated since May 1, 2014). I think your conclusion about the relationship with Obozo was the reason as well as the fact Obozo withheld funding up to $1B a year to Egypt.

6:20 to 8:05

• mcclainra says:

My thoughts, exactly, Steve French. I wonder what we are NOT seeing regarding this arrest, and keeping them under arrest for 3 years. There is a LOT of evidence online about these NGO “Children’s Relief Agencies” being actually human trafficking operations, cleverly disguised as otherwise, and in the US, even being tax exempt. MSM won’t touch this with a 10 foot pole, but since have also been watching this, and being the pessimist I am, sure wondered that when I saw this. HRC & her minions strongly tied to this, especially in Haiti. Just do a search. So just saying, I wonder about these people too.

And ANY time you see the White Helmets, expect the worst. They are no more actual ‘Aid-givers’ than my dog.

7. SoCal Patriot says:

The MSM will attempt to credit Obama and Kerry for this release by telling everyone that this was in the planning since last year and due to administrative issues, it just now occurred.

…Just watch.

• mikebrezzze says:

The MSM is UNWATCHABLE, we are witnesses to their demise, they’re constant negativity is a path to self destruction, advertisers will soon realize the negative BS is no benefit to their brand, money rules, the populace will destroy the MSM over time, a short time!

• fleporeblog says:

From the article:

Former Obama administration officials, who were at times criticized for not making a more public case out of Hijazi’s imprisonment, expressed skepticism that Sissi got nothing from Trump in exchange for Hijazi’s freedom.

“The robust praise and support the president has given to Sissi, which stands in some contrast to what we did, had to have some price, and maybe this is it,” said Antony J. Blinken, who worked on the Hijazi case as deputy secretary of state. “At least it’s a positive development in which everyone can take some satisfaction.”

At the same time, Blinken warned, such support could “have the opposite effect of simply reinforcing [Sissi’s] crackdown at home, in a way I think someday is going to rebound against him, and probably rebound against us. . . . You can try to repress your problems away, but at some point, they will explode.”

• Don’t give them any ideas! They are too stupid!

• odious debt says:

I refuse to watch, SoCal…….AND YOU SHOULDN’T EITHER.

8. No one deals with Obama until he offers a ransom payment.

9. Bonitabaycane says:

President Trump is accomplishing more in his first 100 days than President Selfie Stick got done in 8 years. Job well done Mr. President in freeing an American!

• duchess01 says:

Every day, I can read a list of the accomplishments President Trump has made – however, I cannot even think of one that other guy – what was his name – made in 8 years!

• Sentient says:

He helped ISIS take over Libya. Does that count?

• Bonitabaycane says:

How about doubling the National Debt? Another of Rodeo Clown’s accomplishments. 🙂

• duchess01 says:

Right, Sentient. He and his buddies created ISIS to replace Al Qaeda as the world boogiemen – now, they have branched out as rebel groups called ‘freedom fighters’ who drive Toyotas in brand new outfits and wreak havoc all over the Middle East – don’t know about you, but I want my money back – and I have a long list of new inmates for Gitmo-2 – some come with their own silverware, bedsheets, and turbans – and I’m charging rent – does that count?

• Bonitabaycane says:

Duchess, President Three Putt, during his eight years in the White House, played a total of 306 rounds of golf, more than any other president since Eisenhower. Isn’t that an accomplishment? 🙂

• duchess01 says:

Gee, Bonita – let me think about this for a moment – do we get A’s for skipping school – do we get a raise for failing to show up for work – do we get praise for throwing a baseball like a girl – Nah – no accomplishment I can see – however, I will say he was great at talking about himself – no matter what the subject matter happened to be – 😉

10. Pam says:

POTUS managers to accomplish one more thing that Obama didn’t. Bravo President Trump and I’m thankful this story has a happy ending.

11. Orygun says:

I wonder if Trump had her released so she could be granted immunity to bring down the global child trafficking that is going on. That is a cause near and dear to our President’s heart me thinks.
    I don’t think the Egyptians were holding her just for spite.

12. miketrivi says:

Trump has the world right where he wants it.

13. liberty, not license says:

While arranging releases, President Trump would have my profound respect and admiration if he could get the Pakistani doctor who helped us identify bin Laden released. I almost always have that doctor’s release as an intention on my rosary (and Asia Bibi, too, a Christian mother under a death sentence in Pakistan.) That doctor helped us, and I can’t imagine the torture he has gone through during these subsequent years in retaliation for that aid. If we don’t protect our friends, we certainly won’t have any.

14. Frank says:

I wasn’t aware of any US citizens being held in Egypt. What did these aid workers do to get arrested? Are they actually spies, maybe?
    Whatever the case is, it’s always good to bring our people home. President al-Sisi is a good man for allowing them to leave. Maybe these are just the first couple of yards on a new smooth road between the US and Egypt. God knows we need more true allies, these days.

15. SandraOpines says:

16. yy4u says:

I am a fan of al Sisi. I hope the US can establish a good relationship now that Obama is history.

17. Katie says:

Nice!

18. Pam says:

Welcome home, Aya!

A post shared by Ivanka Trump (@ivankatrump) on

19. andi lee says:

Welcome home, Aya!
    ⚘⚘⚘

To you, your husband, the others. Welcome home!

To God’s ears, from our President’s lips. Ultra-incredible miracles.
    Thank you, Jesus!

God is in control. One by one. Our imprisoned Americans are coming home. Incredible feelings of awe right now. (I’m awake! And “Still”, Jesus!) Bring them all home!

Thank you, Mr. President!
    ❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

20. NJF says:

“The POTUS, His Most Excellency”

WElcome home!

21. Timmy-the-Ute says:

And she wasn’t asked to wear a hijab in the White House.

22. Indimex says:

How about a side by side photo comparison of the following:
    Obama sitting, solo, on the sofa in the Oval Office, on his phone. Next to a photo of Trump w Aya, et al. Caption, “Obama in 2015 with all the freed Americans from Egypt vs Trump in 2017…,”

23. fedback says:

Almost total media blackout.
    The optics are so bad for the MSM.
    Bad Trump negotiates the release of American charity worker held by authoritarian regime for three years.
    Trump is not supposed to do that. Freeing aid workers from authoritarian regimes should be Obama’s job.
    Congratulations to the young woman and her family and to the President and his administration

24. 4beagles says:

Wow, sure beats the heck out of getting a Private Manning in my book!
    Not so with the media….I’m not surprised.

So, what’s going with private Manning lately?
    He/she/it due for sentencing soon or did that already happen?

25. A2 says:

Remember at the beginning of April just as al Sisi’s visit was set to commence and Human Rights Watch issued their ‘fatwa’ that the President was hosting a major human rights violator? It was the standard talking points memo for the MSM and the Democrats for the entire visit.

This release of the charity workers counters that narrative. The right action, for the right reasons at the right time.

Quiet actions trumps noisy words.

26. Pam says:

27. sunnydaze says:

This woman looks so happy and relaxed. She’s FREE! and safe at home!

God Bless her.

28. Joe says:

Haven’t you heard? It started under Obama. It just happened that the years that it took Obama finished within Trump’s first hundred days. Total coincidence!

29. alibey says:

I’m pleased on principle that Sisi decided to Okay this, though I know very little of the details behind the initial arrest. cheers.