President Trump Signs “S.544” Veteran’s Choice in Healthcare Act…

Earlier today President Trump delivered on a reform promise to Veterans who are regionally impacted by poor healthcare options/providers within the VA system.  This is a really big deal.

[Transcript] 11:32 A.M. EDT – THE PRESIDENT:  Good morning.  We’re honored to join and be joined today by some absolutely tremendous people and great veterans.  Thanks, as well — and I have to thank them dearly — but as well to Representative Phil Roe.  Where is he?  What a job you’ve done.  And all the members of Congress who worked on the bill that we’re about to sign.  Such an important bill.

I especially want to thank Senator John McCain and Senator Johnny Isaacson.  They have been incredible in working with us.  Let me also welcome my good friend, Florida Governor Rick Scott, a Navy veteran who’s here with us to represent more than a million veterans from the state of Florida.  We’re also joined by the leaders of a number of veterans groups.  I want to thank all of them for being here and all of the tremendous and important work that they do.  We would not be here if it weren’t for them, I can tell you that.

Finally, I want to thank our Secretary of the VA, David Shulkin, who, by the way, was approved with a vote of 100 to nothing.  That’s shocking, right?  (Laughter.)  One hundred to nothing, really.  Now, you wouldn’t be getting 100 to nothing.  (Laughter.)

We met earlier today in the Oval Office, and Secretary Shulkin updated me on the massive and chronic challenge he inherited at the VA, but also the great progress that he is making.  He’s got a group of people that are phenomenal at the VA.  It’s one of my most important things.  I’ve been telling all of our friends at speeches and rallies for two years about the VA, how we’re going to turn it around.  And we’re doing that.

And, actually, next week, on Thursday at 2 o’clock, we’re going to have a news conference with David and some others to tell you about all of the tremendous things that are happening at the VA and what we’ve done in terms of progress and achievement.

The veterans have poured out their sweat and blood and tears for this country for so long, and it’s time that they’re recognized, and it’s time that we now take care of them, and take care of them properly.

That’s why I’m pleased today to sign into law the Veterans Choice Program Improvement Act.  So this is called the Choice Program Improvement Act.  It speaks for itself.  This bill will extend and improve the Veterans Choice Program so that more veterans can see the doctor of their choice — you got it?  The doctor of their choice — and don’t have to wait and travel long distances for VA care.  Some people have to travel five hours, eight hours, and they’ll have to do it on a weekly basis, and even worse than that.  It’s not going to happen anymore.

This new law is a good start, but there is still much work to do.  We will fight each and every day to deliver the long-awaited reforms our veterans deserve, and to protect those who have so courageously protected each and every one of us.

So we’ve made a lot of strides for the veterans.  These are, like, the most incredible people we have in our country as far as I’m concerned, and they have not been taken care of properly.

I want to thank David.  You’ve done an incredible job.  And you’re going to see some of that on Thursday.  So thank you all very much.  And we’re going to sign this.  And I think I’m going to have to give this pen — the way I look at it, we should probably give it to Phil.  What do you think?

PARTICIPANT:  I agree.

THE PRESIDENT:  Does everybody agree?  I think Phil is —

REPRESENTATIVE ROE:  I’ll agree with that.  (Laughter.)

THE PRESIDENT:  Phil agrees.  But congratulations, everybody.  Really fantastic.  Thank you very much.

(Bill is signed.)  (Applause.)

Phil, maybe you could say a few words, if you’d like.

REPRESENTATIVE ROE:  Well, Mr. President, thank you very much.  And this was a very, very important bill to get started with so we can get Choice 2.0 to get to the place exactly where the President said he wanted to be.  And it’s a privilege to work with all of these great people up here to help make the VA better.

I’ve spent the last week on the break going to Los Angeles and Phoenix to get a firsthand view of what’s going on.  And what we want to do is put the veteran in charge of these choices, not the bureaucracy.  And I think Dr. Shulkin is just the person to see that happen.  Mr. President, thank you so much.

THE PRESIDENT:  Thank you very much.  It’s fantastic.

And David?  Where’s David?

DR. SHULKIN:  Yeah, I’m right behind you, Mr. President.

THE PRESIDENT:  Go ahead.  I won’t look back.  You just talk.  (Laughter.)

DR. SHULKIN:  Well, first of all, I want to thank everybody here as well, and thank Congress for seeing this done, and Mr. President to be signing this.

This is a good day for veterans.  This is a great day to celebrate not only what veterans have contributed to the country, but how we’re making things better for them.  And by working together, we’re going to continue this progress.  I think, as the President said, we’re actually going to do this a week from Thursday, Mr. President —

THE PRESIDENT:  Right.

DR. SHULKIN:  — and talk about the tremendous accomplishments, but most importantly, about the great things that are to come to fulfill the President’s commitments that he made to veterans.  And so thank you all for being here today.

THE PRESIDENT:  Thank you.  Great job.  So again, next week, on Thursday, at 2 o’clock — it may change a little bit, but about that time we’re going to have a conference to talk about the progress and the achievement.

I’d like to ask Rick Scott, the governor of Florida — he’s done a fantastic job as governor, by the way, and really understands his subject, and really understands a lot of subjects.  Rick, do you want to say a few words?

GOVERNOR SCOTT:  Sure.  Well, I was really proud.  My father was in the 82nd Airborne, he did all the combat jumps, and I grew up listening to all his stories about the war.  I had the opportunity to serve in the Navy.  Unfortunately, in 2014, I had to sue the VA because we had — our state healthcare agency couldn’t go inspect their hospitals when we heard all the stories about deaths, delays, and poor conditions.

And so Mr. President and I want to thank Congress for doing this to create certainty of care while we figure out how to fix the VA system.  And David, I want to thank you for what you’re doing.  You’ve got actually the right background to do this.  I know President Trump has been focused on our veterans and our military before he was President, and I know he’s going to continue to do a great job.  We have 1.5 million veterans.  I want them all to move to Florida.  (Laughter.)  But thank you for doing this, Mr. President.

THE PRESIDENT:  Thank you very much.

Most importantly, thank you, thank all of the great veterans.  Would you like to say something to all of these people out there?  You’ll become a movie star tomorrow.  (Laughter.)

PARTICIPANT:  Well, our nation will be judged by how it treats its veterans, and I’m sure our country will allow generations — right now, they’re children, but they’re going to be our future servicemen.  And so we have to treat veterans well.  It’s about national security, it’s about patriotism, and this is a great step forward to doing it.

THE PRESIDENT:  Thank you very much.  Nobody can say it better than that, so we’re going to end.  But I want to just thank you all.  Thank you for being here.  Thank you.  (Applause.)

END 11:40 A.M. EDT

This entry was posted in Big Government, Big Stupid Government, media bias, Military, President Trump, Uncategorized, VA Scandal. Bookmark the permalink.

95 Responses to President Trump Signs “S.544” Veteran’s Choice in Healthcare Act…

1. grandmotherpatriot says:

Winning !
    Thanks President Trump for keeping another Campaign Promise !
    MAGA
    God Bless our Troops

2. FLEEVY says:

Make America Great Again

3. citizen817 says:

This is a true leader. Another campaign promise fulfilled. Vets can now see doctors of their choice!

4. Have never witnessed before PDJT a President who honors his campaign promises.
    MAGA

• thesavvyinvester says:

“Have never witnessed before PDJT a President who honors his campaign promises. MAGA”

And ST, he chooses the best in class to run the various Departments with a private sector mindfulness to get to root causes of problems, and not gloss over it again with another coat of whitewash. It is amazing what he as accomplished at the Cabinet level, Directives via Executive Order and on the international stage via the powers vested in the Office of the Presidency. Imagine if he didn’t have a Swampadelic UniParty Leadership to usher through the legislation that will have “Bigly” positive effects on healthcare and the economy. IMHO McConnell may be willing to deal, but Ryan has become such a swamp creature it is time for him to go. Perhaps it is time to test the concept that the Speaker of the House does not have to be a member and maybe it is time to bring Newt back into that position.

• dn421 says:

Wrong. Obama promised to fundamentally transform America and he did.

• Indeed, Obama never said *how* he was going to transform America, just that he *was*. And what did we get out of it? Radicalized young people [people who really ought to be considered abuse victims in the same way that the hitler youth were], racism now on the minds of everybody and in so stirring up the crazy racists to do violent acts [especially against white people], an unstable economy and job market, high suicide rate, more terrorist attacks on US soil then recent memory can recall, full front attacks on free speech and Christianity, the FBI and federal agents attacking and killing ranchers because the government wanted their land for development, etc. [the list is LONG.]

• Patriot1783 says:

And, thanks to the democrats, still without a full cabinet.

• Frank Mons says:

Check out how Dr. Shulkin proposes to fund the Choice Program. We veterans are not very happy with this. All veterans and their family members should call their congressman and object. Tell them to find a better way to fund the program. Shulkin is giving with one hand and taking away with the other.

5. thetinfoilhatsociety says:

We’ll see. I have YET to be paid for seeing veterans or their families, from either TriCare or from the Veteran’s Choice program – and I’ve been credentialed with both for a year.

That’s part of the problem Who wants to wait and hope they someday get paid for their work? It’s one thing to expand access, Obama did that with the Veteran’s Choice program, but to PAY for the expanded access is something else entirely.

• ALEX says:

I wonder if they could give the Veterans a version of EBT card for medical care…It would not be unlimited, but a guarantee service providers can get some payment immediately and then wait for the rest of paperwork…Maybe $1000 bucks for healthcare only..

• thesavvyinvester says:

“I wonder if they could give the Veterans a version of EBT card for medical care”

With a free market HSA and a generous Cash component to pay the co-pays and a Direct Primary Care component to have the 24/7 concierge service with your Direct Primary Care doctor including the low cost prescriptions ( generic ) the the DPC Doctors are utilizing. It could be a model for the rest of HealthCare

And oh by the way make the Congress and the Senate get aboard it for starters as the work the kinks out of it. They have co-pays our Vets don’t. If it is good enough for our Vets it is good enough for the Congress Critters, not the plan they have now, they need to make our Vet’s Health Care a number one priority. What better way than to make them experience it 1st hand…

• dayallaxeded says:

^^^This, overwhelmingly, THIS^^^!!! The nation’s government must be subject to the same laws and regulations that her citizens are. Especially when it comes to veterans’ care–unless they happen to be an honorable vet (qualifier to exclude certain, ahem, McTraitors), government personnel really don’t merit the care our veterans do. Pols sit in cushy chairs, sleep in their own (or someone’s–yuck, nothing is clean and clear with these DC scum) soft beds, have LEO protection, and rarely risk much of anything, other than maybe jail time for a lot of ’em. At the very least, they should be required to accept no better health care and pensions than do those who risked all and gave much to defend our nation, humanity, and liberty around the world.

• PNWLifer says:

$1000 wouldn’t go far unfortunately.

• Janie M. says:

tinfoil, I understood the extremely slooooow rate of reimbursement to Choice medical providers caused a number of them to drop out of the program. Personally, I am of the opinion, the administrative personnel in the VA intentionally did what they could to obstruct veterans from seeking private care and obstructed prompt payments to those providers because they feared losing their jobs if more veterans sought outside medical services, making them redundant. I attempted to use my Choice card in 2014 and 2015 and finally gave up.

• joshua says:

so is it slower than Medicare payments or private insurance if you don’t get prior approval or put in the right codes? Reimbursement from INSURANCE is not like paying cash or credit cards at the doctor’s office, and much is due to complexity of treatment options and descriptions at the doctor’s office. Not a simple matter…but docs have had trouble getting paid WAY before this deal…so before kvetching…compare it to what it has always been like in the alternative non cash payment by the patient.

• thetinfoilhatsociety says:

I see a Medicare patient on Wednesday….I get a payment directly to the business account by the following Friday (10 days). I see an insurance patient on Wednesday….I see a check in 2-3 weeks. Not with Tricare or the VA. Has nothing to do with the codes. The same codes apply to all agencies, they’re international codes (that’s what the IC in ICD stands for).

• Linda says:

I’m a Veterans Choice patient and my doctor has told me the same thing. She said she would take a lot more vets if the government would get their act together. Hopefully, that will happen with Trump leading the way.

• Janie M. says:

Amen, Linda. I’d prefer being treated locally. It’s a 100 mile round trip for me to go to Hines. I’m appreciative of what care I have received. Med. and support staff appears competent there but consultations/exams (with travel time) can and have taken 5+ hours. And if lab work is needed tack on another hr. or so. I learned to bring a paperback with me.

• shadowcole says:

Have you gone to the site to submit your suggestion to President Trump? I know that he values those who work hard and he may not know about this problem yet or he may, who knows. You need to talk to the right people, talking here probably won’t help much other than letting us all know. You can go here and submit your ideas or let them know about problems you are having getting paid as a provider. https://www.whitehouse.gov/reorganizing-the-executive-branch .

6. MIKE says:

Our leader, fulfilling another promise, and promising it will get even better! This will go a long way in silencing #nevertrumpers and leftist trolls and MEDIOTS, a term coined right here at CTH and very apropos.

7. FofBW says:

alleluia! I am happy to say the program works, having been a beneficiary. It is 180 mile round trip to the VA Loma Linda hospital otherwise. We do have a local clinic, however.

Take some time one day and go hang out in the lobby of a VA Hospital. Bring Kleenex.

• Do it once-a-week here in Sunny Florida…

• Sayit2016 says:

Oh don’t get me started….I went to the VA in San Diego as a very good friend ( like a sister) was deployed and her Dad ( WWII- 100% connected- he was taken captive..he was beaten so badly both legs were shattered, both legs literally screwed back to together and fused he had braces on both legs, multiple stab wounds from bayonets- it is amazing he even survived)

Gus was admitted for end stage renal failure. Gus was the kind of guy always happy and always keeping busy no matter how much pain he was in. He was suffering with dementia but always called me ” little one” ( full disclosure I am 5 feet). So I tell her I will look after him while she is gone… I go to the VA there are so many people there it looks like a convention. I get on his floor and finally find his room and he is in bed and he looks terrible, he has not had a bath, or shaved or cleaned up– I ask him when did the nurse last give him a bath.. He can’t remember but I could tell it had been at least 2 weeks–

He tells me his legs itch- so I pull back the covers and the scabs on his legs were just terrible. I ask for a nurse and the guy tells me it will be at least 45 min. I am angry at this point….so I go to Rite Aid and get shaving stuff, soap, etc etc and anti-bacteria for his legs. I stop at Home Depot and get 2 orange buckets and epsom salt. I go back to the hospital, fill the buckets with warm water and epsom, have him sit in the chair so his legs can soak. The buckets allowed me to fill the water so that it was an inch or so below the knees. Chunks of dead skin are coming off in the water…I wash his hair, sponge bath and shave…NO nurse yet.

I said “Gus you look hot enough for a date now”.. Gus smiles and nods…; ) There was another guy in the room just watching… I asked him where are the clean hospital gowns– he points to the hall I get one. Still no Nurse. I forget to get lotion to I go to the desk where 2 women are talking and wait– they KEEP talking in Spanish. I finally said excuse me do you have lotion? She pulls out a box of hotel size bottles and hands me shampoo I said No “lotion”- she hands me toothpaste….then I spy some on the other counter and ask for that I am told ” No that is for the Nurses”. I said.. well I am using it …I get back to Gus’s room, lotion him down and notice the urine bag is full and there is blood in the bag…THEN the Nurse finally comes in 20 min later because of the ” LOTION’ incident….It has now been 2 1/2 hrs since I asked for a Nurse…She is on me about the “lotion” I just lost it…She is threatening to have me thrown out of the hospital…

I said– “you should be more worried about being fired for neglect” ! I said “this man deserves your respect and care while he is in your custody”. Do you SEE the blood in his urine bag? that is full by the way ?? What if this was YOUR Dad????You should be ashamed of your self !!!

I demand to see the head of the wing and he does come down, just as security shows up.. he takes me to his office and I tell him what has happened… I keep my Dad’s military ID on me so I showed him and said “I take this personally”…. He apologizes and said he would “look into the matter”.. I said good… as I will be back tomorrow and every day and until “Raggs” ( his daughter) comes back. So you will be seeing me for the next 3 weeks. I go back to see Gus and he is looking happy and comfortable. He said ” I smell good !!!” The guy in the other bed said ” I wish I had a daughter like you, he is lucky to have such a great kid”. when I explained he was not my Dad he started crying….that got me crying– I cried all the way home… I know if this was happening here, it is happening all over the country…..Our Vets deserve better than this… RIP Gus… you are missed…

• Rickster says:

My hats off to you Sayit for what you did and also keeping your cool. I’m fairly sure I would have ended up in the slammer had it been me. Such a sad story. At least we have a President that is willing to deal with the problems rather than blow smoke up peoples butts.

• Sayit2016 says:

I am of French/Italian and Irish decent so I come by my temper honestly and it is a constant battle to keep it in check….but hand to God I do not think I have ever been this angry. Since I was a kid I have had a heightened sense of right and wrong. This was so wrong on so many levels it was absolutely offensive. I actually called my lawyer and said — hey there is a situation going on here and I might get arrested..so be available. I was fully prepared for it… would have been the first time in my life to be arrested had it happened. The bottom line is the ‘ ” VA Director” saw what I was saying was the truth and there was no defense…..

8. Beryl Bomb says:

In my dream world, veterans would be treated so well by society that we would have to have lotteries for who gets to serve. Good win, sir, thank you.

9. Ziiggii says:

OOHH – RAHH ! there Mr. President

10. Pam says:

This was certainly long overdue. Our veterans truly deserve the care they earned fighting for our freedoms on the battlefield. They deserve the best and nothing less.

11. FL_Guy says:

Obama did that with the Veteran’s Choice program

And there you’ve identified the SOURCE of your problem. With President Trump, now honest people are in charge and things are going to be different. Count on it.

12. Vee says:

Oh I hope this makes a difference for my 87-year-old dad, a Marine vet who served this country for nine years. He now lives with my sister and brother-in-law and requires full-time care. He has been awarded 9 hours of care a week. Nine hours isn’t much, especially when the care agency is so poorly staffed that no caregiver shows up at all for entire weeks at a time. If my sister could contract with the agency of her choice, things would be so much better, but she must work within the parameters the VA has set up with their contracted agency. Hoping and praying that this makes a difference for many. It dawns on me that my dad served his country all those years ago and my sister serves day in and day out now with precious little help. God bless the caregivers!

13. mcclainra says:

Exactly what veterans deserve. The problem is that the govt. has promised more than it can supply or afford, as is seen with thetinfoilhatsociety’s post above. My husband & I have had no problems using Tricare since we became eligible, and we have the regular Tricare, not the ‘better’ one, which is NOT better. Seems to me that best thing to do is close the VA and let all active duty and retired vets go to hospital/dr. of their choice, but don’t think that will solve the problem either, as it still has to be funded.

• FL_Guy says:

Since President Trump is just starting to clean up the mess created by O and his band of incompetents, traitors and crooks, don’t you think you should give it a bit of time before you declare it a failure?

I think President Trump and the very smart people he has put into leadership positions can fix the incredible mess but as they say, Rome wasn’t built in a day. I trust President Trump and the problems in this country will be fixed over time.

I also like how President Trump is doing things by the book by getting Congress to pass the laws to fix the problems. He has signed a number of new laws passed by Congress to repair the damage from the last 28 years of Globalist influence.

• wheatietoo says:

The way to fund it…and everything…is Jobs, Jobs, Jobs.

Private sector jobs, not govt jobs.
      Govt jobs are revenue negative…it is only private sector jobs that pay for everything.

We have to get the ratio of private sector jobs to govt jobs up to about 12 to one.
      Right now I think it is at 3 to one.
      Which is why we are borrowing money, which is unsustainable.

• pooteeweet says:

Don’t close my VA!! I have better care than any other local provider. I hear a lot of complaints online about the VA yet when I visit the VA there are few complaints. I have medicare but prefer the VA as it is vastly superior. Plus I have had the same doctor for 15 years. Also because of my location I have access to to 4 different hospitals or clinics. On March 22, I was having trouble with a cold. Called my Dr’s nurse and was told he could work me in at 11 am. I was there at 10:30 and waited less than 10 min. I saw the Dr. and he prescribed amoxicillin. I then went to give a blood sample and waited ~10 min. Then I picked up my prescription and headed to radiology for a cat scan and had to wait another ~10 min. I returned home 30 miles away by 1:00 pm. Two days later I logged into My VA on my home computer and the results of my Dr’s summary, the cat scan and the blood work results were all available for my benefit. The say three days however they mostly there in two. I don’t know of any other healthcare that provides as much service or as promptly. I also have choice but have never bother to use it!!

• sobriquet4u says:

This amazes me. Do all the veterans who use this particular venue get the same care as you?

• NebraskaFilly says:

For simple things like a cold, my “local” clinic (about 40 miles away) is great. However, for anything more than simple blood tests (including a basic x-ray), I have to drive several hours, yet am unable to use the choice program for some of the most basic of tests. However, all things considered, there are many who are far worse off than I.

14. FLEEVY says:

Meanwhile on cnn.com…crickets.
    nbcnews.com…crickets.
    nytimes.com…muh Russians.
    The media hates veterans.

15. not2worryluv says:

Thank you President Trump for taking care of our Vets!

16. Niagara Frontier says:

As a veteran I’m proud of our President. I also suppose that this should go on the long list of “no accomplishments” that I keep hearing about.

17. I never understood WHY we have a governmentally operated network of Veterans hospitals in the first place. Seems like a formula for disaster . Why not simply provide the.vets with total reimbursement for healthcare expenses incurred at private facilities?

• Linda says:

As a Vet, I’d love that. Even on Veteran’s Choice, you have to do a lot of waiting and calling around to get the appointments you need. And the provider has to be on their list and approved by them or they won’t pay for it.

• Trialbytruth says:

The original concept was that returning vets would have needs regular hospitals were not designed for. remember reconstructive surgery was a direct result of WWII treatments. Also consider people with horrific injuries being able to network locally at a time when telephones were iffy.

However your concept is the right choice for today. Walter Reed should be dealing with the initial care and repair of our injured soldiers and then they should return to family and friends and local care.

The ability to get support from far ranging networks of brothers and sisters via the internet does a lot for PTSD I am sure. Sending a traveling mental heath worker into rural areas could also be an answer for that issue as well.

WWII veterans (my dad was one) generally kept all that under wraps. Instead they self medicated with alcohol. I am sure the following wars did much the same I don’t know any Korean vets, but I know many of my friends coming back from Vietnam became friendly with heroin.

I am glad we are now addressing the issue of PTSD. I do have a concern though It seems to me anyone returning from actual combat has some level of PTSD, yet my son (Air Force weatherman) explained to me about 5 years ago, that to go forward for PTSD treatment ends your career. That is bat sheet stupid. Anyone hear able to shed light on this particular concern?

• Janie M. says:

letjusticeprevail, the VA, versus the private sector, is most intimately familiar with our battle damaged warriors and their special health issues, some which are coupled with their injuries. It has decades of experience in that regard and is the appropriate venue for those patients. I believe it would require a learning curve too long in duration for civilian medical providers.
      Yes, a number of vets suffer from non-injury related illnesses and private sector providers are already well versed in those areas. When I had a discussion with a physician at Hines about my Choice option, he said there are issues coordinating with other medical providers outside of their system. He didn’t elaborate and I didn’t push. Territorial issues perhaps? I don’t know. Perhaps, VA physicians collectively have a set regimen of treatment standards to be rendered for each illness and the outsider may disagree. I could see that becoming messy. The patient will be caught in the middle.

18. Doug says:

Trump loves his rick scott

19. ecmarsh says:

Well, here goes.
    I have posted this little rant before but I am going to do it again. Anybody that has ever been drafted (I joined to keep out of the army) know what I am talking about.

Some years (I am now retired) back I figured I was pretty good at what I did and decided to quit my job and become a consultant. Right away I had success (for a working man) and realized I needed medical insurance. My work was quite good but no way could I afford $12,000 a year for medical insurance.

Well, I figured nothing to it. Was in the Navy from 1968 to 1972 and never applied for any VA benefits, ever. I go see my local VA rep who is a lard ass and rides around in an electric wheel chair, he has never been shot at or even been in the military.

Lard Ass, “Don’t you know the requirement for VA medical is less than $80,000 in assets and /or less than $30,000 a year income.
    Me, “I don’t know. That’s why I came to see you.”
    He told me I was rejected because I was one day late applying and the rules were changed.

Darn after that rejection I got a ruptured appendix, which is rare for an old man. We (my wife and I) will be paying that the rest of our life.

Well I kept applying each year and each year. Finally got approved. They says, “You can go to a VA clinic within 35 miles of your home.” Well Albert Leigh, MN is 37 miles away so no dice. Mason City Iowa is 32 miles away but they don’t take any new patients because they are full. Minneapolis VA Hospital is 120 miles North and Des Moines is 160+ Miles South. I go to the hospital in Des Moines to get a photo ID and they says you have to wait. Damn I don’t want to get a motel and keep going back every day till they might take my picture.

For a few years I have been on Medicare part F and for $2,200 a year I have the part F (F word) suppliant . I wonder if I need the use the part F will I again get part-F-ed.

Sorry for the rant, again. But WTF, it was part of my $89.00 and $98,00 every other two weeks salary.

20. Pam says:

21. Pam says:

22. Pam says:

23. freddiel says:

Thank you for posting this, SD. I have lost my tolerance for news these days. I sit on my branch, though, every day and learn what I can at CTH. I am so amazed at what a group of professionals we have running the show in the WH now. I almost feel sorry for some of those old critters who can’t even come close to the degree of professionalism that is on display in our leadership. Hopefully some of it will rub off on many of them.

24. Sunshine says:

When one thinks that there are some vets who voted for Hillary, next time around, hopefully, they will see the light.

25. M33 says:

My wife, a navy veteran, thanks you President Trump!

26. LARS says:

I hope to have the VA as an option, Trump willing.

27. drdeb says:

I am so so proud of Our President, Donald J. Trump. The campaigning, volunteering and contributing I did was the best thing I ever did for America. Celebrate, fellow Treepers and please continue to pray for our President, our freedoms and overall for our God blessed nation.

28. drdeb says:

My big brother who was 9 years older than me died in 2009. He was a two term Air Force machine gunner on helicopters during Viet Nam. Before enlistment, he was an extremely successful entrepreneur. After enlistment, he went down hill in a major way. After Viet Nam, he moved to another state. For many many years, my family sent him money because his utilities had been cut off for non-payment. We thought we were providing assistance but we were actually enablers.

In 2009, Mike had a stroke then when he recovered, he had dementia and the mind of a 3rd grader (before he was a genius). When we attempted to settle his pitiful estate, drug dealers of crack cocaine approached us looking for him. The VA is a criminal travesty.

My immediate family is in heaven. My big brother was my last link. I so miss my trusted big brother and the guidance he used to provide to me. Thank you, MY President for attempting to remedy this deplorable situation for the patriots who served We The People!!! I thank God that others will not experience the same as I did.

• yy4u says:

drdeb, you might be interested in these two links. The actual testimony of Dr. Gray used to be available but Google has either purged it or it is buried so deeply I couldn’t find it.
      This was back in 2013 before the scandal broke. I keep waiting for the media and/or Republicans to recall Dr. Gray’s testimony, but they never did. She might well have been the first whistleblower.

“In some cases, doctors do not want to prescribe opioids, but are forced to by the hospital administration. One doctor at the subcommittee hearing, Dr. Pamela J. Gray, recounted that she was forced to prescribe opioids against her better judgment. She was hired by the VA Medical Center in Hampton, Virginia where she was forced into a “pain specialist” role even though she had no prior specialized training. She explained that she dealt with difficult pain patients with “large doses of Schedule II narcotics.” (Schedule II narcotics are those with medical benefits that otherwise have a high risk of abuse and dependency.) When she attempted to move away from opioid prescriptions, she received pressure from service chiefs, nurses, the Chief of Medicine at the hospital, and even non-medical personnel such as patient care advocates and administrative assistants to keep her prescription rates steady. Her continued efforts to reduce prescriptions and even to help patients seek mental health consultations eventually cost Dr. Gray her job.”

29. R-C says:

I am very, very pleased that President Trump signed this bill into law. Especially for those veterans who really need the care the most–the disadvantaged among us.

VA is a mess, but I have hope it will improve under this president’s careful and watchful eye. He won’t drop the ball on this.

30. Is this law Entirely New or is it just an extension of a previous law?

31. navysquid says:

Bravo Zulu, Cdr-In-Chief !!

32. yy4u says:

The VA mess is what we all can expect from ObamaCare if the Republican Establishmentarians continue to prove to the world they are incapable of governing — at least as Republicans. Give them a Democratic President and they campaign against him like crazy. Keep in mind YY4u’s rules for identifying Republicans and Democrats.

Democrats put party first, personal ambition (remaining in office) second and to hell with the country. This is why they’re effective. The individual Democrat will fall on his/her sword to save the “hive” (party). Think Al Gore, Landreau, all those who voted ObamaCare and went on to lose their seats.

Republicans in the past put personal ambition (remaining in office) first, country second and to hell with the country. This is why they all sacrificed Nixon in a heartbeat and why Democrats circled the wagons around Clinton. Republicans TODAY however put personal ambition (remaining in office) first and to hell with the country AND the party. Think Paul Ryan, Mitch McConnell, Marco Rubio,Trey Gowdy, Nikki Haley–they don’t defend core issues because their only core issue is getting elected and then reelected.

• yy4u says:

I’d add that Donald Trump is neither a Democrat nor a Republican because he puts COUNTRY FIRST and doesn’t give a real rip about the party. So far as remaining in office, he doesn’t need the office for his own self worth (not talking about money here); he knows who he is.

33. Gary says:

Thank you so very much in what was so very much needed. I once worked through VA foster a vet in st Louis mo but no longer because of how its ran and superviser and coordinator and social workers. I have many years into taking care of vets in my home. Out of work now and can’t find all those disabled vets to welcome in my home. Sad. Its like VA has trollers on net to where you look for vets leads back to VA. Its money exchanged from money to vets in VA facility taken then back to gov. Mr President trump, any help on this reply back to at dreamangell2014@gmail.com. God bless america and you.. Gary.

34. Carl Cieslikowski says:

Dear Mr. President:
    As a Vietnam Veteran, Thank You!
    We finally have a person (probably only you) who is following through with your promise, the best you can, even despite the tremendous forces who are against you on a daily basis. I am stunned by the behavior of members of my old party (democrats) and members of my new party (republicans) as both parties are suspect when it comes to supporting you. And, all the other forces that come to bare upon you must be overwhelming. But, that is what makes you so, so special. Despite the onslaught of criticism and insults, you forge on, undaunted in your quest to improve the lives of veterans and the citizens of this great country.

God Bless you. Carl and my service dog Arthur