He Is Risen

GospelMT 28:1-10

After the sabbath, as the first day of the week was dawning,
Mary Magdalene and the other Mary came to see the tomb.
And behold, there was a great earthquake;
for an angel of the Lord descended from heaven,
approached, rolled back the stone, and sat upon it.
His appearance was like lightning
and his clothing was white as snow.
The guards were shaken with fear of him
and became like dead men.
Then the angel said to the women in reply,
“Do not be afraid!
I know that you are seeking Jesus the crucified.
He is not here, for he has been raised just as he said.
Come and see the place where he lay.
Then go quickly and tell his disciples,
‘He has been raised from the dead,
and he is going before you to Galilee;
there you will see him.’
Behold, I have told you.”
Then they went away quickly from the tomb,
fearful yet overjoyed,
and ran to announce this to his disciples.
And behold, Jesus met them on their way and greeted them.
They approached, embraced his feet, and did him homage.
Then Jesus said to them, “Do not be afraid.
Go tell my brothers to go to Galilee,
and there they will see me.”

This entry was posted in Celebrations, Christian Values, Religion, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

145 Responses to He Is Risen

1. Kelly says:

He is risen, indeed! Happy Easter everyone!

2. duchess01 says:

Hallelujah Easter Version

3. TheLastDemocrat says:

John 20:12: And she saw two angels in white, sitting where Jesus had lain, one at the head and one at the feet.”

Exodus 25: 17: You shall make a mercy seat of pure gold…25:19: Make one cherub on the one end and one cherub on the other end.”

• Fe says:

The devil accuses me of sin night & day, but Jesus tells that old devil that I belong to Him and He intercedes on my behalf, NO one can accuse me. Hallelujah! Romans 8:34, Revelation 12:10.

4. TrumpsterinPa says:

5. helmhood says:

One of my favorite songs about the Resurrection, “Forever” by Kari Jobe

6. duchess01 says:

7. Too Real says:

1 Corinthians 15:55-57New International Version (NIV)

“Where, O death, is your victory?
    Where, O death, is your sting?”[a]

56 The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law. 57 But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

He is Risen…Alleluia!!!

• Fe says:

One of my favorite contemporary gospel groups is called Newsong. They have a song that is quite powerful called Arise My Love. I get chills every single time. It is based on the scriptures you cite. Lyrics are below but I encourage everyone to go to you tube and listen to the group sing the song.

Not a word was heard at the tomb that day
      Just shuffling soldiers’ feet as they guarded the grave
      One day, two days, three days had past
      Could it be that Jesus breathed His last?
      Could it be that His Father had forsaken Him?
      Turned His back on His son, despising our sin
      All hell seemed to whisper, “just forget Him, He’s dead”
      Then the Father looked down to His Son and He said…

Arise, My love, arise, My love
      The grave no longer has a hold on you
      No more death’s sting, no more suffering
      Arise, arise, my love!

The Earth trembled and the tomb began to shake
      and like lightening From Heaven, the stone was rolled away
      And as dead man, the guards they all stood there in fright
      As the power of love displayed its might
      Then suddenly a melody filled the air
      Riding wings of wind, it was everywhere
      The words all creation had been longing to hear
      The sweet sound of victory, so loud and clear

Arise, My love, arise, My love
      The grave no longer has a hold on you
      No more death’s sting, no more suffering
      Arise, arise…

Sin, where are your shackles?
      Death, where is your sting?
      Hell has been defeated
      The grave could not hold the King

Arise, My love, arise, My love
      The grave no longer has a hold on you
      No more death’s sting, no more suffering
      Arise, arise, arise!

8. Somewhere in Dixie says:

Et Resurrexit Secundum Scripturas. Happy Easter everyone.

9. There is no greater Love. Happy Easter everyone!

10. Divine justice has been satisfied. The Righteous has died in the place of the believing sinner.

11. Happy Easter! Here is a great collection of artistic representations of the Resurrection: http://www.jesus-story.net/painting_resurrection.htm

12. Landslide says:

It is a true blessing and very encouraging to interact with so many Christians here. Each of you renew my faith and hope in mankind! May each of you feel God’s presence on this beautiful Resurrection Day.

13. Dora says:

14. NE Korup says:

Solemn Easter Mass (LIVE) from Washington, D.C. 12N Eastern, 11AM Central, 9AM Pacific with choir and orchestra:

15. duchess01 says:

Behold Your Risen Lamb

16. In AZ says:

Khristos anesti! —– Christ is Risen!

Alithos anesti! ——– Truly He is Risen!

Happy Easter to all Christians throughout the world.

17. odious debt says:

HE IS RISEN INDEED! ALLELUIA!

18. Sam says:

He is risen indeed! Alleluia!

Happy Easter everyone.

19. Stinky-Inky says:

Happy Easter. He is risen.

20. JoD says:

May the Promise of Easter fill your hearts…
    Happy Easter!

21. IdahoDeplorable says:

Happy Easter! Alleluia! God bless our President and everyone here.

22. AmyB says:

Thank you, Menagerie, for your Easter week posts. I just got back from Easter Mass but actually, I got much more connection with the Lord’s sacrifice for me here at the Treehouse this morning. I was brought to tears watching the film clips you provided. I left church, sadly, recognizing that the homily had absolutely nothing to do with the resurrection. Nothing. It was based on an old Dr. Seuss book that I haven’t seen for years about an animal with spots wanting to live in the zoo. Seriously. The priest even had pictures of the book on two screens on either side of the church. I listened carefully for the connection to be made, somehow, with the event we were there to celebrate but I never heard it.

The Treehouse has been a gift to me in more ways than one. The political analyses are great but it was having the Lord’s Prayer posted every day that let me know I was in the right place.

• Joe Blow says:

I concur. This is a wonderful faith community that I, too, have come to rely on.

Happy Easter to all! Christ is risen!

• liberty, not license says:

Oh, Amy, I echo your compliments to Menagerie, and I feel blessed by other Treepers’ posts. I just wanted to encourage you about Mass; I, too, suffered through less than optimal homilies and music, too, for many years. I am blessed now to be at a visually beautiful parish with a very holy priest. Just remember, we are blessed beyond all measure to receive our dear Lord in the Eucharist, and that is worth whatever trials we may have to endure. I pray for our hierarchy and religious every day. A blessed Easter season to you and all here!

• AmyB says:

Thank you, liberty. I haven’t given up yet, and yes, holy communion is worth waiting through whatever distractions may be occurring!

• liberty, not license says:

For sure, Amy! It is worth it, as you say! And, I am sincerely hoping for the eventual elimination of all “distractions!”

• akearn says:

Agree liberty and amy, but perhaps it is up to us to push for liturgies without distractions?! Isn’t it their calling to feed us with spiritual food? I admit I speak from personal frustration at the moment, but I’ve withheld my financial support for my local Anglo-Catholic parish for nearly a year after being asked to pray “for the people of Islam” on the heels of the Orlando slaughter. The Catholic/Christian/Jesuit/Social Justice Warrior mindset seems to me a huge cause of why we’re in the mess we’re in. And they continue to propagandize.

23. Betty says:

The videos above remind me of the most insightful sermon I ever heard. Only it was on Pentecost Sunday. The minister was a woman and she began remembering: “On the evening of that first day of the week, when the disciples were together, with the doors locked for fear of the Jewish leaders, Jesus came and stood among them and said, “Peace be with you!”.

How asked us to really think about that locked door. Was it really the Jewish leaders they feared or was it the totally other Risen Lord. Was Mary right, was He alive – how? Might you not hide if, right now, your were asked to step into the presence of God? Not just step into the presence of God but make eye contact with Him, converse with Him, eat with Him.

24. akearn says:

And contrary to the real deplorables’ opinion, we are NOT irredeemable!

25. Sepp says:

Christ is Risen from the dead,
    by death hath He trampled down death,
    and on those in the graves hath He bestowed life. (3)

Saint John Chrysotomos, Archbishop of Constantinople, left us a precious Paschal Homily that is available online in many places. It is definitely worth taking time to find and read. Saint Chrysostomos describes the defeat of death, of the evil one, by Jesus Christ.

Many centuries later, the Orthodox Churches still have the Priests read this Homily.

In several places the word “embittered” or similar in English refers to the evil one, so after the Priest reads that word each time the faithful repeat it with force.

Then later in the Homily, the Priest several times reads the word “risen” to describe Christ’s victory and the faithful repeat that word again with force, with might.

26. NJF says:

Wishing everyone here at the Treehouse a blessed Easter. We just came home from mass, it is a beautiful spring day, and our family has much to be thankful for.

Saw this on the_donald.

Easter NYC circa 1956

27. Ron says:

Reminder that Jesus had Fake News spread about him, too.

“While the women were on their way, some of the guards went into the city and reported to the chief priests everything that had happened. When the chief priests had met with the elders and devised a plan, they gave the soldiers a large sum of money, telling them, “You are to say, ‘His disciples came during the night and stole him away while we were asleep.’ If this report gets to the governor, we will satisfy him and keep you out of trouble.“So the soldiers took the money and did as they were instructed. And this story has been widely circulated among the Jews to this very day.” ‭‭Matthew‬ ‭28:11-15‬ ‭NIV‬‬ ‭‭

28. ruralnc6 says:

Thank you, Menagerie. I always look forward to your posts on both the religious and national holidays. May the Lord bless you fully.

29. Binkser1 says:

Thank you, Lord, for your Son!! Always important to know and remember that whatever happens on Earth that the Lord will be triumphant in the end.

30. straightstreet says:

Hallelujah! He is risen! \0/
    Thank you Father for your Son, our Saviour!
    Amen!

31. mw says:

Though my heart aches today for so many reasons, I praise him for my salvation and the indwelt Holy Spirit. Imagine the darkness of those days after his death, when his presence was blotted out. I really cannot even begin to imagine the despair. I know that if I have him, then I have everything.

32. duchess01 says:

Easter 360: Orthodox & Catholic Christians celebrate resurrection of Christ on same day

• Beverly says:

And Protestants, too. I am descended from one of the Protestant martyrs, can never hope to be so brave, so devout.

• duchess01 says:

No doubt, Bev – about Protestants – however, a person does not need to be a martyr to please God – there are many saints walking among us who will be the first to tell you they are not worthy – besides, God sees the heart!

33. ruralnc6 says:

On this special weekend and day, as I remember what Jesus did for us, I asked Him, “What can I do for You?”

I received an answer as He led me to a county website. All of our 10 food banks are diminished in this poor region. I didn’t know this; as a consequence, I’m working on a plan that will include others to help replenish the food bank shelves.

There are many ways to serve. Please consider asking Him what He’d like for you to do to show your thankfulness of and love for Him. I wish many blessings to all and would appreciate your feedback of outreach projects you’ve found beneficial and enjoyed. Thank You!

• mw says:

I will be bringing Easter baskets and Easter lilies to a nursing home and spending time with those who never have visitors.

• GAPTOG says:

That’s beautiful, rural! Thank you for sharing your question and answer to and from our Risen Lord.

I’m sure your post will inspire many believers celebrating Christ’s Victory over sin and death to do the same. I know it’s inspired me to directly ask Him and not just whisper it to Him in my heart.

Thank you.

God bless you and all the CTH moderators and followers. We are indeed all a ragtag bunch of conservatives. I, for one, am a REDEEMED Deplorable, too!

Thank You, Jesus. Thank You, God! 🙏🏼

• ruralnc6 says:

Apologies, Gaptog, for a late response…my computer’s been “acting up.” I loved your response and thank you for it, love being in fellowship with a fellow Christian. One of the 10 Food Banks that need help here is the Salvation Army where I’ll take my donations. (P.S. I hate saying “I’m gonna do” instead of “I have done”. I don’t go out too much but promise I’ll keep my word.) When the Holy Spirit guides you as to what He has specifically asks of you, I know He will be “well pleased with Thee.” It has been a pleasure to make your acquaintance here. Good luck in your life’s journey and I hope we can “meet” again somewhere here. If you get this message and respond, I do get a notification as I hope you do. Blessings to you!

34. andyocoregon says:

My favorite Easter song:

35. Dora says:

• Beverly says:

We Christians in the West need to stand up for our fellow believers, and pass these photos on to our ministers and priests, and PROD them into speaking OUT on behalf of the communion of saints!

36. GAPTOG says:

Alleluia, Alleluia!! He is Risen, He is Risen indeed! 🙏🏼

Happy Easter to all!

37. Jimmy Jack says:

All praise and glory to our savior Jesus Christ. Peace be with you all. Amen.

38. skeinster says:

The Gospel Sequence for Easter. Wait all year to hear this live:

39. MaineCoon says:

He is Risen indeed! Enjoy the Resurrection Service at the Garden Tomb in Jerusalem!

40. Yes He is risen indeed! Happy Easter to all of you here!

41. Happy Easter, thank you God for your Son. And thank you, Jesus, for obeying your Father so that we might live.

42. WeThePeople2016 says:

Happy Easter Treepers!

43. The Tundra PA says:

I just spent 39 minutes watching this entire interview with Jim Caviezel, the actor who played Jesus in The Passion of the Christ. It is riveting, and highly worth your time. He nearly died during the crucifixion scene. His left shoulder repeatedly dislocated. He had double pneumonia and his body literally turned blue–that wasn’t make-up. And he was struck by lightening. Had to have heart surgery shortly after they finished filming. Incredible interview.

44. JoAnn Leichliter says:

Christus vincit.
    Christus regnat.
    Christus imperat

45. Beverly says:

“The Passion of the Christ” was Mel Gibson’s Master piece. Such love. And Jim Caviezel was born to play the role.
    We sang “Victory” in church this morning — “The strife is o’er, the battle done…. Allelujah!”

Happy, happy Easter, everyone!