BREAKING AP Report: Russia Knew in Advance of Syrian Chemical Weapon Attack…

The Associated Press is reporting a story from a “Senior U.S. Official” stating the U.S. has evidence the Russian military knew in advance of the Chemical Weapon attack in Syria last week.

Beyond the headline and vague sourcing for the claim, this AP report is stunning on multiple levels. Why would a “senior U.S. official” release such a controversial statement/story just 36 hours before Secretary of State Rex Tillerson is scheduled to arrive in Russia?

Obviously anyone with any degree of diplomatic understanding would know this leak would be seriously controversial with T-Rex about to meet Russian Foreign Minister Lavrov and possibly Russia’s President Vladimir Putin on Wednesday.

Is T-Rex being set up? Or is this leak part of a U.S. strategy? Either option is entirely possible.

WASHINGTON (AP) — A senior U.S. official says the United States has concluded that Russia knew in advance of Syria’s chemical weapons attack last week.

The official says a Russian-operated drone flew over a hospital in Syria as victims of the attack were rushing to get treatment.

Hours after the drone left, a Russian-made fighter jet bombed the hospital in what American officials believe was an attempt to cover up the usage of chemical weapons.

Until Monday, U.S. officials had said they weren’t sure if the drone was operated by Russia or Syria. The senior official said it still wasn’t clear who was flying the jet that bombed the hospital.

The official said the presence of the drone couldn’t have been a coincidence, and that Russia must have known the chemical weapons attack was coming and that victims were seeking treatment.

The official wasn’t authorized to speak publicly on intelligence matters and demanded anonymity.  (read more)

QUESTIONS (Possibilities):

♦ Is T-Rex being set up?

♦ Is a deep state operative to blame?  (Orchestrated U.S. -vs- Russia conflict)

♦ Is a compromised official (under Russian influence) within the U.S. intelligence community behind such a statement?  (Undermining President Trump)

♦ Is a pro-leftist (Hillary State Dept. type) trying to trip up T-Rex?  (revenge for State Department budget cuts)

♦ Is this “leak” a strategy from the White House?  (Possible, but if so; the White House had better make sure they are confident in Tillerson’s capability to get through this minefield.)

It is possible, this is part of a strategy; but *whiskey*tango*foxtrot* – good Lord that’s a ton of diplomatic pressure just put on to the shoulders of Secretary Tillerson.

And if that’s the strategy, they’d better damn sure had prior T-Rex approval for the ‘leaked story of evidence’ approach, or else T-Rex would be justified in shredding some people upon return until they discovered who set him up like that.

For now, I’m going to go on the assumption that Secretary Tillerson knew this was coming; because if he didn’t, well, that’s a pretty darned disconcerting scenario.

Wow.  These ramifications are bigger than most can fathom.

This entry was posted in Big Stupid Government, Deep State, Iran, Military, President Trump, Russia, Secretary of State, Secretary Tillerson, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

593 Responses to BREAKING AP Report: Russia Knew in Advance of Syrian Chemical Weapon Attack…

1. Seen this? Russia: Putin will not meet with Tillerson after Syria missile strikes: http://aol.it/2oXOIkv via @AOL

2. missmarple2 says:

Well, look at this. Russia has been plagued with a fake story, too.

I wonder how you translate Evan McMuffin into Russian. Looks to me like there are bad actors on both sides trying to escalate this.

However, I do not think Assad is innocent. We have the plane flights tracked. Iranians could have done it flying Syrian aircraft, but if that is so, then Syria has to apprehend them. I don’t think that will happen, even if the iranians did do it, because Assad is too dependent on their help.

• leebelieu says:

Iranians or rogue Syrians. There were reported casualties despite the heads up from US. Maybe there for a reason? Just thoughts.

• SEJMON says:

DID YOU GET THIS INFO FROM PRESSTITUTES ????

• Assad may be a bad hombre, but I think he is “innocent” of this atrocity. He had absolutely nothing to gain by gassing his own people, only a week after Tillerson basically said that the U.S. Policy was changing in regards to Syria. Assad may not be the smartest person in the world, but he certainly isn’t an idiot either. That being said, the only ones to gain from this incident, is certainly Al-Nusra and ISIS. Does that mean they did it? Maybe not, as it could have been from chemicals stored on the ground but unknowingly bombed by Syrian jets. That being said, we must NOT lose sight of our #1 goal in Syria, and that is annihilating ISIS (and Al-Nusra). In my opinion, whether Assad stays or goes is totally meaningless, and risking a conflict with Russia over Assad is the absolute depths of insanity.

• Prisoner says:

It’s good to see that there’s lots of people on this site taking an opposing position to the general theme here. Of course what reasonable person believes a story from the AP that the Russians knew in advance of something that did not happen. The claim is simply another fable on top of a fable to add credence to the original fable. I can go to any rot gut MSM site or show to get the same nonsense. This site is losing its differentiation by justifying our attack.

• The Raven says:

How about a standard air strike, that happened to hit an ISIS chem weapon storage facility…

• MVW says:

Exactly. The scenario that makes the most sense is that the Syrian strike targeted an arms depot and the depot contained chemical weapons. The rest is fog of war.

• Mal says:

Or Israeli’s? What possible good would gassing children do to help Assad?

3. Howie says:

The MSM is become like a hotel that rents rooms by the hour.

4. trapper says:

Been connecting up dots.

I don’t think this is straying off topic, but I suspect T Rex’s trip to Russia has two purposes: 1) to discuss Syria options, and 2) to personally apprise Russia of our arrangements with China regarding North Korea and to let Russia know what we are about to do. In both instances it is most appropriate for T-Rex to meet with Lavrov. In a way, the Syria events provide cover and diversion for our North Korea plans.

China just moved 150,000 troops to the China/Nork border since the T-Rex/Trump/Xi meeting. My take is that this is purely defensive. If it goes down between the US and North Korea (my guess is better than even odds that it will) China doesn’t want 10 million Nork refugees flooding over the border into China. The Chinese troops are there to repel them.

I expect this to go down between 11 am ET this Friday and 11 am ET Saturday. Keep your TV on.

5. missmarple2 says:

Well, one thing about it, Howie, is that it cuts down on my reading time in the morning. I have unfollowed a whole bunch of media outlets including blogs. My brain just can’t take any more of the nonsense.

6. Shadrach says:

Wait, I’m so confused. I thought it was really ISIS who gassed the village? So now Russia’s covering for ISIS? ROFL, kidding.

I think it’s very clear right about now that nobody knows what the hell actually did happen.

Russia using a UAV to track civilians to a hospital and then bombing that hospital makes about as much sense as….yeah can’t think of anything. Because they are so incompetent they are supposed to be unaware of our well-publicized 24-7 coverage of Syria? But competent enough to hack our elections without being caught?

And if they were supposed to be so desperate to cover the evidence (else what was the hospital bombing supposed to be for?), then why use chemicals in the first place? They only killed 80 people, which could easily have been achieved with a regular missile.

If it weren’t so serious, it’d be funny.

7. Bazza McKenzie says:

McCain and co probably know that when Tillerson gets there the Russians are going to confront him with hard evidence about precisely who did what — and it wasn’t Assad, and the evidence leads back to some nutter whose name starts with Mc. So Mc and co are trying to muddy the water in advance.

• I hope some of that evidence is obama’s shenanigans that they were threatening to spill when MSM kept blaming them for interfering in the election.

• wolfmoon1776 says:

I think you may be right.

IF you are right, then I strongly suspect that Trump has the goods on “Rogue State”, and that Rogue State suspects this as well. But (1) they don’t know what Trump has, (2) they don’t know what Russia has, and (3) they are now committed to this plot past the point of deniability on key aspects of what was done. Thus, they have to start making committing moves, like full-on lies to force Tillerson into an “acceptability of narrative window”.

IF you are not right, then substitute Russia and China for Rogue State. Russia-China may have been intentionally testing Trump using Syria. In that case, then it may have been Russia that was undermining Trump all along, and was seeking to hobble EITHER winner of the election. They might have been hoping for a meek, ineffectual, “I still want to be friends with Russia” response, to further weaken Trump.

I don’t know which it is. I’m very neutral on this. I’m willing to see evidence either way. Putin is a strong player, and he is not above weakening Trump if he can get away with it. But our own Alinskyites are probably worse, IMO, in that they are twice as sneaky and hate freedom. The real question is whether Moscow would help the Alinskyites against Trump, or if Moscow is a victim of a Rogue State that is willing to lie to frame Russia.

Fun times.

• BigMamaTEA says:

I believe, especially after listening to a lot of Vlad’s speeches, that it is likely that somebody wants Russia out too. Us too, but they need us right now.

• Pres. Trump will not be weakened. I believe he has outside intelligence sources that are telling him what-is-what. If you want something delivered that is extremely sensitive do you broadcast it, due to USAs leaky intel sources or DO YOU HAND CARRY IT? Everyone seems to be forgetting, PDJT has been at this a lot longer than these mental midgets and doing multiple things at once keeps multiple balls in the air…”There’s another ball!!!…See it”…Do Not Pay Attention to Anything that is Printed or Said UNLESS IT COMES OUT OF THE MOUTH OF PRESIDENT TRUMP…

• McCain & McMuffin, both nutters with evil agendas.

• truthseekerr says:

This crap is unbelievable.

• MVW says:

McCain is dirty up to his songbird eyes. It does not take Putin to deliver evidence to Tillerson.

Trump will have what he needs to put the Neocon false intel sources out of business. Something he has needed. Direct evidence his intel is corrupt. House cleaning time.

Tillerson is the man most vulnerable if he gets proof of dirty intel.

• domain496 says:

I think you are correct
      I smell McCain stink all over this

8. ZZZ says:

McCain: Trump ‘partially’ responsible for chemical attack

The Arizona lawmaker made the statement during an interview with CBS’s Face the Nation in response to comments by Secretary of State Rex Tillerson which McCain perceived as an indication that the missile strikes were as far as the Trump administration would go to intervene in Syria in the near future.

“I think it probably was partially to blame. And Secretary Tillerson basically saying the same thing after kind of contradicting himself and then saying the same thing argues vigorously for a plan and a strategy,” McCain said Sunday. “As I said, again, taking this action I support and was important.”

• annieoakley says:

That makes no sense to me.

• Tazz2293 says:

It’s McTraitor, would you expect anything coherent to come from songbird McInsane?

• annieoakley says:

No, I am starting to doubt myself. I Just don’t know who or what to believe any more.

• wolfmoon1776 says:

Stay skeptical. We won’t have to wait long, in my opinion. I think the truth is about to come out.

• wolfmoon1776 says:

I think it’s clear that McCain wants Trump and Tillerson to conflate the chemical weapons issue with the “depose Assad” issue. The man is single-minded. He wants what he has wanted in Syria from the beginning. Win against Assad at any cost.

• bertdilbert says:

Remember McCain saying that Rand Paul was working for the Russians 2 or 3 weeks back?

• wolfmoon1776 says:

Kinda thinking there was no way to dodge the two bullets in 2008.

• dutzie60 says:

No, and I wish I would have just stayed home and washed my hair.

• WSB says:

Well, it’s then quite obvious MCCain is the “Senile Official.”

• jello333 says:

Knowing what I know now, if I could go back I would have voted for McCain instead of Obama. I “hoped” that Obama would do some good, but I wasn’t certain. I naively never thought he’d caused as much DAMAGE as he did. Boy was I WRONG. Now with McCain, my main worry was that he was certifiably insane, or right on the verge. And being the warmonger he is, I really, truly could imagine him “pushing the button” at the first opportunity. The reason I still say that if I could go back I would vote for him, is that I now believe that IF he had gone off the deep end, someone (within the administration or gov’t) would have STOPPED him from doing anything too crazy.

• dutzie60 says:

jello, You make me feel a little better about going to the polls and voting for the lunatic. And I agree he is certifiably insane. In my defense (lol), I didn’t actually KNOW McCain was insane at the time, but I KNEW what the moslem, Marxist, foreigner was. However, he exceeded my expectations.

• jello333 says:

Yeah, the “bottled hot water for dehydrated babies”, the “my fellow prisoners”, among other things made me laugh… and then cringe. Because I really think it showed that when McCain is under pressure, especially when he’s “worn down”, he lapses into some alternate world. I really think it was much, much more than like when George W used to say something really goofy. Bush’s were just… well, goofy. McCain’s… they seemed almost scary for someone THIS close to being president.

• BigMamaTEA says:

Yep, then from Assad, on to Russia if McNasty has his way. Then,” bomb-bomb-bomb- Iran” Remember when McNasty ran for POTUS?

• He is protecting his a$$ due to the pictures that have come out and the truth is beginning to shine through. The more it is exposed the more mcstain and lindsey are going to have something else to say. Get the popcorn…

• Sharon says:

Remember the old bit of advice:

Believe nothing of what you hear and only half of what you see.

I can tell you from experience that such a policy spares one much dis-ease.

• Jenny R. says:

A good way to guess who isn’t getting their way in all of this is who is getting a bad case of the stompy feet. McCain has apparently outed himself as assuredly as the Iranian mullahs.
        It would appear then that his ideas about what to do in Syria are not going to be followed by the Trump administration.

• Blade says:

That makes no sense to me.

It does to him. If you have a one-track mind: Russia!

It really is the defining characteristic of the modern globalist neocon, (D) or (R), conservative or liberal: Russia!

They have programmed themselves that we are in the deepest depths of the Cold War like 1952 or 1963 or 1971 or 1980 or…

It wasn’t this bad back then, really! And it was the USSR not Russia. You really would think that the world has gone crazy because those of us involved years back knew Russia was the first victim of communism when their royals were wiped out by Lenin and friends. And defeating the USSR and Communism was about freeing Russia as much as the Soviet Bloc. But most astonishing is that all throughout the cold war we never had Congressscum doing this stuff daily trying to get us to launch World War III. Most of them were busy defending the Communists.

McCain is literally General Jack D. Ripper
        Kissinger must be Dr. Strangelove

9. Texmom says:

It frustrates me that the nonstop leaks continue (if they are). I have not heard of one person being fired as a result of all of these serious leaks. Comey is still there with McCabe. I know it can’t all happen overnight, but why so many traitors still working in DC? Why are we seeing no justice for those who clearly-no-question-about-it broke the law? Sorry, just frustrated and tired of constantly trying to discern who is for real and who isn’t.

• chicagodeplorable/ChicagoMom says:

Rod Rosenstein is set to be confirmed, but not until April 24th. Sessions must be swamped with work and I seriously doubt he can trust his current assistant.

• highdezertgator says:

Uniparty Military-CIA-Globalist War Dog Bureaucracy is now in 3rd Generation since Eisenhower….not to mention 3rd Generation of Godless SJW education system…
      …need 25 battalions of Super Sludge Master Manure Liquifcation Spreaders for DC alone!

• WSB says:

These aren’t leaks, just made up stories to frame, obstruct and defame the Trump Administration that is increasingly turning over the rock garden.

10. Truth is the first casualty of war. Of course, that matters little if those with an agenda don’t want to hear or see the truth.

We HAVE invaded and attacked a sovereign country (What else is new?) on a very flimsy and unsubstantiated premise.
    God is just.

11. jello333 says:

Agree with every point you made, Sundance…. which for me boils down to…

????!!!!!

Yeah, makes no sense (at least at this moment). And while I’m halfway willing to believe that Assad did the chemical attack after all, I cannot fathom Russia/Putin knowing about it in advance. Absolutely NO EARTHLY REASON why he’d do that.

12. Martin says:

The whole thing tends to support the MSNBC narrative, doesn’t it, that Putin set up the attack to help PDJT?

Look for more than the usual full Libtard to follow. They’re not deep thinkers, so it would not surprise that it’s as simple as that.

Damn these leakers.

13. leebelieu says:

Who controlled the area of the chemical attack? STA, Nursa, or ISIS?

14. Howie says:

Take a safety and punt it away.

15. M. Mueller says:

What would Microsoft, or Monsanto, or Google, or any other large corporation do if their private plans and data kept getting leaked by anonymous employees to their competitors? How long do you think they would allow that to go on?

Enough of this already!

16. kpm58 says:

My understanding of current MSM definitions makes a “senior official” one who was working for Obama and has staid on in the current administration. So an Obama mole is very possible.
    And what ever happened to the unwritten rule of having two sources before publishing a very important story?

17. Howie says:

NYT haz won the Pullyerleg Prize
    FAKE NEWS: The New York Times Wins Pulitzer Prize For ‘Russian Hacking’ Hoax

18. Paco Loco says:

Can we trust anything being reported by the AP? This whole sarin gas attack has many sketchy aspects as to who did what to whom. To what end, did the 59 missiles that were fired into the Syrian airfield, achieve? That Trump is tough on terror? I really am having difficulty in understanding the big picture. I thought that Russia had ISIS on the run and that the US Marines were moving on to Raqqa for the final battle to eliminate ISIS. Who’s on first?

19. Summer says:

• Paco Loco says:

MSNBC home to Loony Tunes and a cast of unbelievably stupid reporters! These two are to laughed at.

• Howie says:

Their Producer…

• jello333 says:

I used to really like Keith Olbermann. Yes, it’s true that even back years ago he was a bit “crazy” at times…. but his passion and interest in a given subject could never be questioned. When he was into something that was clearly going wrong in the world, and he got angry/upset about it, you could feel how “real” he was. Now though, I don’t know…. he may still have some of that old passion at times, but now it’s almost always aimed in exactly the wrong direction. And that “a bit crazy” that he used to be… now it seems to be WAY more than just a bit.

(Yeah I know he’s not at MSNBC now, but you just reminded me…)

• Blade says:

During the Clinton impeachment hearings he was almost sane. He was watchable but not perfect. Seemed to be fair, at least during the hearings.

I can’t remember exactly, but I think it was when they approved the House impeachment articles and it went to the Senate trial ( remember House “manager” rep. Lindsey Graham, ex-Jag pencil pusher who couldn’t convict Charles Manson if he caught him in the act ) and he lost his mind. At least I think it was at that point.

He hasn’t had a sane moment since IMHO. Graphing his sanity results in an asymptote.

• jello333 says:

And once again, a visit to the Treehouse increases my vocabulary…. “asymptote”. Thanks! 😉

That’s like something I used to freak my wife out with. I’d tell her you could never actually touch anything, and to prove it I’d say “I start out with my hand 4 feet away from the wall, then I move it halfway, so I’m then 2 feet away.” This continues, cutting the distance in half every time. Pretty soon it’s 1 millimeter… then 1/2 mm… then 1/4 mm…. eventually 1 thousandth, then 1 millionth, and 1 billionth. But you never actually get there. 😀

• Howie says:

Put them in the museum next to the Egyptian Mummy and the Yeti.

20. Rip Tide says:

There seems to be at least 4 maybe 5 theories now on this chemical attack. Why does anyone assume that they actually KNOW what the hell is going on? It is likely impossible to know for sure at this point. The speculations and commentary are entertaining to be sure, but also have the negative consequences of making people more nervous, because they don’t know the truth. There are too many variables to know for sure, and no one on this site has access to the intel that our president and the other governments have.

I wish we did have that access, because most of us could make the right decision if we knew the truth. As it stands now, we are asked to have blind faith…that sucks to be in that spot, but it’s where we’re at IMO.

• Sentient says:

Occam’s Razor: Sunni jihadis wanted the US to commit to ousting Assad so they staged the whole thing, replete with “beautiful babies”. Whether any people actually died is unclear, but there had been reports of abductions a few days earlier from nearby towns by Sunni jihadis. Deep State elements used (and are using) the White Helmet production to try to sway Trump to the “regime change” position.

21. kpm58 says:

What if Assad is trying to bind the Russians to him.
    Make the Russians look as bad as he is with world opinion turning against the Russians.
    I think there are people in the US who would help Assad do this to cause conflict between the US and Russia in an attempt to make President Trump look bad.

22. Michelle says:

I don’t know if the report is true, however the WH did say days ago that they followed the chemical weapon plane on camera, so something had to have been known ahead of time.

23. ZZZ says:

The Embassy of the Federation the Russian Federation to the UK and Northern Ireland

10.04.2017
    Press release on Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov’s telephone conversation with US Secretary of State Rex Tillerson

On April 8, Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov spoke by telephone with US Secretary of State Rex Tillerson at the initiative of the US side.
    The officials discussed the situation in Syria following the US air strikes delivered against Syrian government forces in the small hours of April 7. Mr Lavrov pointed out that attacking a country whose government is fighting terrorism is playing into the hands of extremists and can create additional threats to regional and global security.
    The Russian Foreign Minister also said the allegation that the Syrian Army used chemical weapons in Idlib on April 4 was not consistent with the facts. He called for a thorough, objective and professional investigation into the event.
    The ministers have agreed to continue discussions of the situation in Syria during a personal meeting.

• ZZZ says:

Wow, I really butchered that name:

The Embassy of the Russian Federation to the UK and Northern Ireland

• Niagara Frontier says:

An investigation would be welcome, but where in the world do you go to get an honest one and quickly?

One thing I’m not understanding. If this AP report is untrue, why wouldn’t the White House or State issue a brief statement saying so, or at least say that the matter is unresolved, especially if they felt it could be damaging to upcoming talks?

24. Paco Loco says:

“…not consistent with the facts”.So the Russians have the facts. We know that the US attacked a Syrian airport after the gas attack on civilians. Who has proof of who launched the gas (was it Sarin?) attack and who were the victims?

• jello333 says:

I still believe the FACTS are gonna be that Syria dropped conventional bombs, targeting an ISIS-held weapon storage area, which happened to include chemical weapons. Since those chemical weapons had earlier been stolen from Assad, who swore that he no longer had any, makes it partly his own fault. Maybe Russia doesn’t want to admit that Assad did NOT get rid of them.

• georgiafl says:

No heroes (except for Trump) in this war. We have a bad/badder/baddest scenario.

• georgiafl says:

…but as usual – Mr. Trump’s intel is crystal clear.

• georgiafl says:

…and his strategy is stunningly effective and flawless.

Guess that comes from managing thousands of employees, building complex skyscrapers, running resorts and even wrestling/pageants/TV programs/media over 50 years.

President Trump’s got it all in spades and on steroids. Over-qualified to run this country and straighten out perplexities, conundrums, stalemates.

25. albrevin says:

Just form a new political party. These planks are a place to start:

• Truth and accuracy are the most important elements of a well-functioning democratic republic, the people shall receive clear, precise and transparent information:
    o As such, we support the disclosure of truth. If such information comes through ‘collusion’ with a foreign source or from a whistleblower, truth is relevant – source is not. All politicians will live with this.
    o Any US person who attempts to obfuscate accurate revelation shall be guilty of treason and fined or imprisoned or both.
    o All corporate business interests shall divest any press outlets.
    o News media and their reporters shall be subject to civil defamation and inaccurate reporting lawsuits.
    • All government financial commitments shall be paid with no incurrence of debt.
    • The United States military shall only be used to defend the life of a US person.
    o Any US politician that advocates for war must put all personal property owned as funding collateral and that person’s closest draft-eligible relative must serve in a front-line capacity.
    • The United States Constitution is the supreme law of the land.
    o Any member of the federal judiciary may be impeached and any Supreme Court decision rejected by one-half +1 of state legislatures.
    • The Central Intelligence Agency is to be defunded and all records contained made public. All intelligence will reside in the Department of Defense.

26. Rip Tide says:

Another thing I was just thinking about. Isn’t it interesting that the attention shifted from domestic policy issues to foreign policy issues so quickly? Does that have something to do with Gorsuch confirmation, or the timing of when the left/deep state knew he was going to get into the SC? Curious timing, but a noticeable shift in focus to foreign policy.

• No. It has to do with OIL and all natural gas related products.

I’m surprised no one has figured this out yet. If the conflict is in the Middle East it’s ALWAYS about oil. O sure, our leaders may say it’s “to spread democracy” or “because “Assad (or any other boogeyman assigned to the task) gassed his own people,”

Rex Tillerson, CEO Exxon 10 years and been there since 1996. He just retired from Exxon this January 2017. He knows oil. He knows everything and anything about oil and all related products and services, he knows and has a good rapport with everyone and anyone connected to oil too. It’s not about Russia Russia Russia. It’s OIL OIL OIL!

Just how in the world do you think we could possibly jumpstart the economy to the level of making America RICH again eh? Just why are we in the Middle East all these years? Duh! Wake up.

To those that are clutching their fake pearl right now, the truth is sometimes hard to swallow, especially when we are caught up cheer leading and in some kind of hypnotic desperate romantic emotions and ideologies. People who love truth love its taste and love the truth is easy to swallow. The more your diet consists of truth the less you will find it hard to swallow.

BTW the snottiness of those naive closed-minded weak folks calling others who are not buying the fake accusation against Assad “trolls,” put your koolaid down and use that brain and common sense God gave you. This is for YOU.

GROW UP! YOU make America Great Again, it starts with YOU. President Trump is not going to do our work for us. He isn’t a wizard and he isn’t God. He is not our king, you are not his subjects. If you really knew Trump you would know who he is and what he’s about: he is about two simple things: Making money and creating wealth; and building. He has always said he is going to be the greatest job creator that God ever made. PLEASE TAKE HIM AT HIS WORD!! The rest of the romantic and God-like attributes you are projecting onto him is just not fair to him and frankly is downright sickening. Talk about lazy lost souls eh. The White House is being run by a savvy businessman.

Snarky is as snarky does, you set the tempo, I’m just steppin’ to it.

THINK OIL!

And for gawd sakes stop clutching your fake pearls. In fact, TAKE THEM OFF you wear them like CHAINS of bondage.

cha – ching!

• Oops! Sorry RipTide, I meant just the first line to you and the rest was supposed to go in it’s own comment box to the snark sisters and snark brothers that are turning our usual open and honest discussions into thought and word policing. It was not meant for you.

27. Bull Durham says:

“Russian made fighter jet”—all Syrian’s planes are Russian made.
    If this report could be any more BS, it would come with a scratch and sniff patch.
    And the Syrians bombed Idlib. No one denies there were aerial attacks on Idlib.
    The story is the bombing was a WMD chemical attack of sarin. It cannot be sarin. The chemicals could be chlorine. The al Nusra have made chem labs in other cities. A large one was uncovered when Aleppo was taken from the headchoppers. And other labs uncovered in other cities controlled by terrorists.

The reality was the Syrian bombs hit the terrorists’ chem lab or storage depot.

There is a very interesting article that Pompeo and Coats did not validate the report of this being a Syrian WMD attack.
    Robert Parry reports:

28. Here’s your beloved media. Enjoy! It’s hilarious. The footage of Sean Spicer, the kids were added. Really shows how the White House media pressers really are and includes all the usual scum:

• oops! *That should read “the footage of Sean Spicer is real and taken from actual press briefings.” The kids were added. It FLOWS perfectly too!

• wolfmoon1776 says:

What is so horrifying is that one instantly sees that Spicer is LITERALLY talking to children. It’s funny, and then, as one commenter says, it’s sad. But the truth is, it’s horrifying. He is addressing children in adult bodies.

The left, using PC and sneaky cultural changes, has dumbed down journalists MORE than the populace at large.

I now realize that my 7th-grade homeroom was addressed in a MORE adult fashion than the Washington Press Corps is now.

• Yes it is truly frightening isn’t it. At first I thought it was a Spicer even with kids but then I realized it was taken from his press briefings from the MEDIA and they are real responses Spicer had to give to these adult babies.

Spicer has gotten much better, but he does set the stage of acceptance of the media’s baby-like spoiled brat behavior by coddling them and enabling them. No one who knows how to control a room would let that go on. Period.

I hope this video speaks to the problem loud and clear.

29. http://www.globalresearch.ca/pentagon-trained-syrias-al-qaeda-rebels-in-the-use-of-chemical-weapons/5583784
    The Western media refutes their own lies.

Not only do they confirm that the Pentagon has been training the terrorists in the use of chemical weapons, they also acknowledge the existence of a not so secret “US-backed plan to launch a chemical weapon attack on Syria and blame it on Assad’s regime”

London’s Daily Mail in a 2013 article confirmed the existence of an Anglo-American project endorsed by the White House (with the assistance of Qatar) to wage a chemical weapons attack on Syria and place the blame on Bashar Al Assad.
    The following Mail Online article was published and subsequently removed. Note the contradictory discourse: “Obama issued warning to Syrian president Bashar al Assad”, “White House gave green light to chemical weapons attack”.
    the article contains originals and 2 others from CNN dated 2012-2013

• truthseekerr says:

Maybe Jared Kushner knows something. I heard he knows bibi personally. And what is this garbage about him buying a 666 5th Ave building in New York? Carlyle group involved. No more Bush PLEASE

• Clearly, this same narrative that started in 2013 is being resurrected. Wasn’t hard to do in a land full of zombies who eat mineral-depleted produce, drink polluted water (yes, that includes bottled water, although it is better than your tap) and spend their attentions to sucking on the breast of the Media’s poison milk and hours of listening to squalk-radio, even documentary shows are loaded with propaganda and mind and social programming. They call it PROGRAMMING for a reason eh.

Now, during this time of 2013 I was actually living in Italy where the sanctions against Russia were felt the hardest. Russia is a very important trading partner to Italy and they have had a very good relationship for many years. It actually caused such economic devastation that a suicide epidemic broke out: men were killing themselves because they could no longer feed their families.

Simultaneously to compound the problem the two maniacs in Rome (the pope–and PM Renzi) were spreading the WELCOME TO ITALY mat to all kinds of migrants who they could not house nor feed. And the mafia was selling fake entrance to Italy via the ports, not the mafia like in romanticized American Mafia movies, but real mafia, what we in America would refer to as crooks and bandits. Subsequent huge earthquakes demolished many cities and villlages, two of such in Bologna area. The buildings and houses many are made in the 17th, 18th & 19th century and fell like toy doll houses.

As to Syria, when I was there we all knew and it was common knowledge that the gas attack was a phony contrived lie by Obama and Kerry to go into war in Syria. Sadly in America, the US media was not publishing the fact that there had already been a legitimate investigation into who did the gas attack in 2013 it and it was proven it was NOT Assaad as Washington was claiming and thus Obama couldn’t even get our US allies on board to start the war. The media spin in US media was that Obama didn’t start the war because he “was a wimp.” The truth is he couldn’t start the war, NO ONE was on board with it.

So here we are again and the dumbed down pubic, can’t seem to remember the usual reason US wars in the Middle East: OIL OIL OIL. Slap the side of the head and say O yeah, that’s right. The oil. How silly of us not to remember what we all knew when US first started going into the Middle East to war. Oil. There are other reasons, for instance in Afghanistan it’s HEROIN which has taken off to a trillion dollar industry since Washington started going there. The heroin is then brought into our country and you know the devastation, the rest of the story.

Anyway, the very peaceful city of TUSCANY, a beautiful somewhat resort town ought to illustrate just how much Italians know this whole thing is a ruse and the violence displayed is not like anything I’ve seen there before. The Italian leaders are also hopping on the band wagon “Putin is the boogeyman” and demanding sanctions be brought against Russia with gusto. The sanctions put forth by US in Washington DC. If Americans were more aware of what is going on with these sanctions (follow the money FOLLOW THE OIL, this includes gas pipelines and all oil and gas related products), they would not so readily accept this latest resurrection of the boogeyman meme and diversion and false accusation…AGAIN, the same stupid lie from 2013 “Assaad gassed his own people” bullshevik.

The good news, depending on your view, is the American economy will be booming again. War and oil is good for business and it really is the only way US knows how to generate wealth in a fast quickly fast way whilst we wait for the new jobs to get going. But the US simply cannot have a competitor like Russia spoiling their plans now can they eh? Assad is in the way of this as well, thus the lying narrative.

Italy: Clashes erupt as protesters rail against G7 summit in Lucca

30. bertdilbert says:

There is more BS flying around Syria than prior to the Iraq war. I am fully ready to hear about shipments of yellow cake at any moment.

31. Niagara Frontier says:

How likely is this 2 AM nightmare scenario? They say in modern times scenarios like this are impossible. I’m not so sure anymore. Syria could be a test run.

2:00 AM “Wake up Mr. President. We have confirmed reports that NK has launched a major missile attack across the DMZ on the capital of SK. There are an estimated 300,000 casualties, including thousands of American servicemen, and an unknown number of wounded.
    2:03AM President orders a full counterstrike, leveling every military target and major city in NK.
    2:10 AM “Mr. President, we are getting reports that our initial assessment was incorrect. What we observed were a flock of Chen caerulescens, also known as Korean snow geese, migrating south. We’re sorry about the mix-up.

• WSB says:

Well, at least Trump would be up and sober. Hillary, not so much.

One year ago, my taller half was approached by an activist on Main Street. She want a signature on a clip board for the 300,000 dead in Pennsylvania due to fracking.

The response? “I think I really think I would have heard of that one. Where are they?”

Crickets.

32. jupitercomm says:

Warning, this is just a first impression..my 1st response is to suspect deep state pushing this, just seems to have their signature. Maybe some deep, deep cover shill in State or IC. Gotta look at it again but that’s 1st impression

33. MVW says:

Here is Pieczenik’s update today on Syria. The issue is McMaster’s mustering of men and weapons in northern Iraq. The worry is the insanity of half baked, improperly prepared war in Syria. I wonder if Trump is not cutting off the escape of ISIS into Iraq. Here is the video, I suggest starting it at 29:00 minutes with Jones, which then leads into Pieczenik a couple of minutes later.

34. Theo West says:

My BS meter went nuts the moment I saw this story. And from AP, no better than WaPo. The Left and Deep State WANT war with Russia to keep them from the oil, if I’m reading things right. I can only hope and pray Trump doesn’t fall for it, and Putin doesn’t want it, either, because I DON’T want war with Russia.

• jello333 says:

I’m just SO happy Tillerson is gonna be meeting with Russia’s foreign minister (and maybe Putin himself?) in a few days. I’m confident we’ll feel a whole lot better once that happens.

35. Billy Jack Galt says:

I heard from my Barber that his nephew’s friend’s cousin saw Putin with a Sarin spray can in Syria…….
    Wake Up you are being played!