President Trump and President Xi Hold Talks in Mar-a-lago…

Today President Trump and President Xi JinPing of China conducted bi-lateral meetings to discuss ongoing concerns surrounding trade, finance, military engagement, and the need for China to assist in leverage over North Korea’s hostilities.

[Transcript] 11:22 A.M. EDT – PRESIDENT TRUMP:  I just want to say that President Xi and all of his representatives have been really interesting to be with.  I think we have made tremendous progress in our relationship with China.  My representatives have been meeting one-on-one with their counterparts from China.  And I think, truly, progress has been made.  We’ll be making a lot of additional progress.

The relationship developed by President Xi and myself I think is outstanding.  We look forward to being together many times in the future.  And I believe lots of very potentially bad problems will be going away.

So I just want to thank President Xi for being with us in the United States.  It’s a tremendous honor for me and all of my representatives to host the President and his representatives.  And again, progress has been made.

Thank you very much.  Thank you.

(President Xi speaks in Chinese.)

PRESIDENT TRUMP:  Well, I agree 100 percent, Mr. President.  And thank you very much.  And again, a tremendous honor to have you in the United States and in Mar-a-Lago.  Thank you very much.

END 11:26 A.M. EDT

This entry was posted in China, Economy, Education, Legislation, media bias, Military, President Trump, Secretary of State, Secretary Tillerson, Trade Deal, Uncategorized, United Nations, US Treasury. Bookmark the permalink.

112 Responses to President Trump and President Xi Hold Talks in Mar-a-lago…

• 3x1 says:

The return of civilization. 🙂

• Agree! I almost forgot what that was, as I’ve been bombarded by “Snowflake Land” for the past eight years….and longer

• embbblog says:

Please forgive my off-topic response to your comment, but, it has come to my attention that a the globalist NY democrats in the WH are trying to PURGE STEVE BANNON ASAP. I know, there are mixed messages about this on the internet and MSM, but PLEASE inform yourself by checking out Lee Stranahan’s twitter account.

Stranahan is a controversial person, and it’s hard to know who/what to believe these days. However, Stranahan is an honest and earnest journalist. He’s also truly loved Andrew Breitbart and loves Steve Bannon.

• No need to apologize. Yes, I’m familiar with this as well as a call to purge Ivanka and her husband. And you’re right, there are LOTS of mixed messages but I believe that is the sole intention – to stir up controversy and confusion. I’ve ignored everything I’ve heard but there is a DEEP hatred for Bannon and Kushner all because they are highly effective, brilliant people. Jealousy is a form of flattery but desperate acts are signs of self implosion.

• maggiemoowho says:

Very, very nice😃👍

• Bull Durham says:

The video is flipped horizontally. Unless everyone decided to shake hands left-handed.
      And Melania’s hair parted on the other side.

• freddiel says:

OMG….so much pollen in my house!

• mcclainra says:

As a semi-retired, long time instrumental teacher and professional flutist, it really, really warms my heart to see and hear these kids, as well as the ones in the band in Pam’s later video, and see what an excellent job they do. Kudos to the school and the teachers.

• wondering999 says:

I didn’t recognize the song, and went to look it up. Daily Mail said it is from the musical “Little Women”. The song is “Astonishing”, and they sing it beautifully — it’s adapted, a little different from the song that I found on YouTubes.

I like this version that they sing at the Bak Middle School of the Arts, lovely arrangement

1. usayes says:

President Xi: “Agree 100%” – methinks the Syrian message got through.

• Ziiggii says:

That was President Trump saying that….

PRESIDENT TRUMP: Well, I agree 100 percent, Mr. President.

no worries though – message was received.

2. Ziiggii says:

Does the President know Chinese?

That’s something I never knew and is AMAZING!

3. 3x1 says:

Just look at the lineup Trump has at his table.

That is the best of the best. All accomplished professionals in their fields.

What an orders of magnitude change from 0bama and his political favors henchmen.

Night and day barely begins to describe it.

Awesome!!! 😃😃😃😃😃

• Disgusted says:

Who are these men in his line up? Very hard to see faces or name tags from a side angle photo, unless the faces are very familiar, which most are not, YET! I wish we were shown a full view of the Chinese line-up as well, along with identities. Otherwise how can we follow these events?

• olderwiser21 says:

From what I could see it was Mattis, Tillerson, President Trump, Mnuchin, Ross and Bannon. I couldn’t see the guy in between Ross and Bannon and I don’t know the dark haired lady on the end.

• bob says:

The contrast goes further, the fine men at the President Table are there to make America Great again…the Obama mob, were and are still trying to trash every facet of our Country.
      Lets be clear, the mob he assembled was there to insure that Obama’s shadow govt. would be ready hit the street running after Jan 20th….they have proven that on more occasions that we want to remember…and don’t forget…they ARE NOT FINISHED.

• redlegleader68 says:

Yep, 3X1 … and did anyone notice that Bannon’s at the table? You know, that guy who was demoted, marginalized, etc. etc. … just sayin’ … 😉

• Cyber says:

What? There’s no Jen Psaki, no Maria Harf, no Susan Rice, no Ben Rhodes, no Samantha Powers, no Hillary Clinton! How could they be better than that stellar group of highly professional and accomplished folks? HOW? HOW I SAY?

j/k those people suck.

4. daughnworks247 says:

Notice: We never saw Obama actually negotiate anything.

5. 3x1 says:

Was Secretary Chou present?

6. tampa2 says:

Miss Kerry or Hillary much? Not!

7. tax2much says:

Serving up some whupp ass on Assad while serving dessert to XI took some balls.

• aprilyn43 says:

@tax2much – Yep … Double portion of “whupp ass” with James Mattis at the helm of Defense Sec’y – and Mattis was there – man that guy must never sleep !

8. tampa2 says:

And the MSM still maintains “no accomplishments” by the Trump Administration? Good grief!

• Wink says:

I was wondering if Chuck and Nancy were in favor of the strike but the Sanders group wasn’t , is President Trump driving a wedge between those two groups. Divide and conquer?

9. jdvalk says:

Wait, Bannon at the table? I thought “sources” said he was on the outs…

10. EV22 says:

The last picture of POTUS and Xi walking together – do I spy a gentle but real smile on Xi’s face? Yes I think I do. Looks like he’s happy to finally be talking to an adult. MAGA!

• Wink says:

The time of this meeting is fascinating. Russia and China have been tight in the past, but having China visit at the same time of the missile strike puts both countries off balanced. Is President Trump surgically separating these two countries from each other?

• mariner says:

Perhaps, but I don’t believe the timing means anything.

State summits must be planned to a fare-the-well beginning weeks before; the chemical weapons attack happened a few days ago.

Coincidences sometimes happen, and sometimes they work in our favor. 🙂

• NewNonna!! says:

EV22, he does look comfortable. That’s such a good thing to see captured. Especially compared to Xi’s expression in the pix w Ostinkass. And his countryman just behind P45 and Xi reminds me of the little brother excitedly hurrying along behind his big brother to be close to him and his brother’s ‘cool’ friend.

This is truly a hopeful image. Thank You, God!

Go Trump!!! As I yelled to you at the Scranton rally, We Love You, Donald! Sir… 😊❤️🚂

11. Crawler says:

I’m pretty sure it’s a safe bet that President Trump didn’t give President Xi some DVD movies he can’t play in China, or several handpicked recordings of his 2016 MAGA presidential campaign speeches.

I guess the Queen of England was the last unlucky recipient of those “American treasures”, eh?

• NewNonna!! says:

Ostinkass is a classless pawn. With an ego that reveals a dark soul. I don’t expect a classy ANYTHING to come from him or his ilk.

Trump is so far ahead of Ostinkass in possessing class and dignity that the classlessness of Ostinkass only widens that divide.

God bless our President Trump.

• JC says:

Crawler – hehe.

12. bevann48 says:

About Ettiquette….why are these American Children dressed in jeans and sweatshirts? These are two of the most powerful first women in the world.

13. Pam says:

14. auscitizenmom says:

Correct me if I am wrong, but it seems to me that people who are in the presence of Pres. Trump smile a LOT.

15. Pam says:

16. 3x1 says:

Earlier crammed in meetings

With “Dr.” Rice & 0

With Ben Rhodes literally glaring at the guests:

17. pyorkies says:

Why did ladies do a left handed hand shake?

18. killdozer says:

That’s so nice but Im wondering do we have to ask China to ship around the South China Sea ,and what are they building ,? Islands

19. brschultz says:

There was a planned parenthood advertisement on this site to support and donate, lol… oh the irony. Thanks for doing a great job on this site, I love it and use it for news more than any other source!

20. George Wallace says:

The Chinese will leave the US under no illusions that the Obama years are well and truly over.

Can you imagine them having meetings with Trump, then learning of a massive stroke on Syria 10 minutes before dinner with him?

Fear and respect. That’s what they would have experienced.

I think we might see some very interesting developments shortly via a vis North Korea / South China Sea.

The Chinese respect strength and know that they are no longer dealing with weaklings and cowards. This can only be a good thing for the US.

21. Patriot1783 says:

Just heard China invited Trump to visit their country. My how times have changed when you consider just 7 months ago China forced Obama to exit Air Force 1 from the rear of plane😂😂😂

22. El Torito says:

I truly like Trump’s style. Treat them like kings. Make your position clear – where there is room for negotiation, and where there is none. Seems like all who visit leave with a genuine smile. And it seems like most of the world feels positive with Trump at the helm. Better days are here.

23. ecmarsh says:

Would anyone believe me if I told them the Xi (She) lived with my family for about 4 weeks in the late 80’s?
    My wife and 4 boys remember him but, being commoners he doesn’t remember us.
    This was in the late 1980’s when we lived around 20 miles west of Grand Forks. At the time he was a rather young man (around my age) traveling around the US visiting different plants and factories as a Chinese guest. I have lots of good stories about old She. We remember he was a good young Chinese man but his thinking and outlook was much different than ours.

24. embbblog says:

The globalist NY democrats in the WH are trying to PURGE STEVE BANNON ASAP. (Hopefully, it’s not too late). I know, there are mixed messages about this on the internet and MSM, but PLEASE inform yourself by checking out Lee Stranahan’s twitter account. Please spread the word among true Trump supporters.

Stranahan can be controversial, and it’s hard to know who/what to believe these days. However, Stranahan is an honest and earnest journalist. He’s also truly loved Andrew Breitbart and loves Steve Bannon.

If you don’t know/trust Lee Stranahan, check out Jack Prosobiec, Mike Cernovich, Mark Levin, Rush Limbaugh (and I’m sure others, at this point.)

25. LadyRavenSDC says:

Why am I drawn to this post/thread this morning when there is much more on the site to catch up on?
    It is because this President and his wife are making the White House great again!
    I grew so tired of our selfie-taking POC occupier and his “I only like America when……” wife who had no respect for the people of this country – who had no respect for other countries and their people and their trials.
    For years I have called it the Black House. Not because of skin color, but because of the dark, black, dangerous cloud it had come to be.
    Seeing how these two, as our top representatives, treat other leaders (no matter our arguments with those leaders) in “our” house gives respect to the “little people” of their countries.
    Great job President and Mrs. Trump!