The Pentagon clearly outlines the reason for President Trump’s strategic and selected military response.  The U.S. is stating evidence that Bashir Assad did launch chemical weapons from this exact airbase, and Russia was willfully blind in their complicity.

U.S. Pentagon – At the direction of the president, U.S. forces conducted a cruise missile strike against a Syrian Air Force airfield today at about 8:40 p.m. EDT (4:40 a.m., April 7, in Syria).  The strike targeted Shayrat Airfield in Homs governorate, and was in response to the Syrian government’s chemical weapons attack April 4 in Khan Sheikhoun, which killed or injured hundreds of innocent Syrian people, including women and children.

The strike was conducted using Tomahawk Land Attack Missiles (TLAMs) launched from the destroyers USS Porter and USS Ross in the Eastern Mediterranean Sea.  A total of 59 TLAMs targeted aircraft, hardened aircraft shelters, petroleum and logistical storage, ammunition supply bunkers, air defense systems, and radars.   As always, the U.S. took extraordinary measures to avoid civilian casualties and to comply with the Law of Armed Conflict. Every precaution was taken to execute this strike with minimal risk to personnel at the airfield.

The strike was a proportional response to Assad’s heinous act. Shayrat Airfield was used to store chemical weapons and Syrian air forces.  The U.S. intelligence community assesses that aircraft from Shayrat conducted the chemical weapons attack on April 4.  The strike was intended to deter the regime from using chemical weapons again.

Russian forces were notified in advance of the strike using the established deconfliction line.  U.S. military planners took precautions to minimize risk to Russian or Syrian personnel located at the airfield.

We are assessing the results of the strike.  Initial indications are that this strike has severely damaged or destroyed Syrian aircraft and support infrastructure and equipment at Shayrat Airfield, reducing the Syrian Government’s ability to deliver chemical weapons.  The use of chemical weapons against innocent people will not be tolerated. (link)

This entry was posted in ISIS, Islam, Military, President Trump, Russia, Secretary of State, Secretary Tillerson, Syria, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

1,176 Responses to Clear and Concise Pentagon Statement on U.S. Missile Strike Against Shayrat Airfield in Syria…

1. tim glave says:

I totally agree with you Keln.

2. G. Combs says:

Looking at the big picture:
    #1. It defangs the Muh Russia, Russia, Russia crap.
    #2. It was done AFTER Trump talked to Egypt and Jordan.
    #3. It was done AFTER the UN discussions.
    #4. It was done AFTER Russia said they will investigate AND their support is not cast in stone
    #5. Russia was notified before hand so personnel could be moved both Russian and Syrian.
    #6. The Deep State can now go back to sleep because they think Trump can be manuvered.
    #7. The Republicans are forced into the position of having to support Trump.
    …………

IF the original attack came from Syria then Trump’s retaliation was justified.

IF Trump’s retaliation was due to the Intelligence Community AND Songbird McCain and Miss Lindsey lying their rumps off, Trump can come down on the whole lot like a ton of bricks when the lying is revealed.

My thoughts are that Flynn was turned loose but his 2nd in command retained so he can work outside the Establishment.

3. daughnworks247 says:

When I am wrong, I admit it.
    I was wrong.
    MOST of us were very apprehensive about a USA response to the Syrian gas attack. MOST of us are savvy veterans of Bush/Obama foreign policy and Hillary/CIA false flags, so we are naturally skittish when we see a gas attack in Syria, with children demanding the USA stop the war.
    No, we don’t want to get bogged down in Syria.
    Yes, we all hate the NeoCons, banging wardrums to justify their own existence.
    Yes, when McCain, Graham, CNN, MSNBC are cheering, my natural inclination is to take the opposing opinion.
    It makes us all a little nervous.
    In this case, I was wrong.
    Bottom line, Trump has more info than we do. I trust him to make these decisions.
    Apparently, the Pentagon (the white hats of IC) have tape of the Syrian plane, leaving the airbase and dropping munitions for the attack.
    The USA has special operators in Syria, so we have the opportunity for further intel on the ground.
    Tillerson, Mattis, and Trump are adamant and I believe that trio of American braintrust.
    Note: No President bombs an airport in Syria to make a statement during the dessert course of a dinner with a Chinese President.
    That said, it was pretty effective timing.
    Yes, America is back.
    Yes, Trump made a foreign policy decision, acted quickly, and did not “tweet out” the start of WW3.
    Trump detractors are leveled.
    The Euro leaders of France, Germany, etc., look even weaker this morning.
    This action sets up serious diplomacy round between Tillerson and Lavrov next week, from a position of American strength. Again, perfect timing.
    Yes, taking out this airport, with justification, stops North Korea and Iran in their tracks.
    Yes, Trump talking to Al Sisi (Egypt) and Abdullah (Jordan) begins a new alliance in the Middle East, and their intel in Syria is superior intelligence to serve as a check against our intel.
    Yes, Trump just made Obama look like a little kid.
    No, Trump did not become a warmonger in the past 48 hours….. stop being silly.

• daughnworks247 says:

And NO – I’m not referring to the White Hats in Syria.

• BakoCarl says:

Great summary! Should be repeated on every page so the malcontents could look at this rationally. Unfortunately, by reading many of the “Oh, no!” crowd’s posts, most of them don’t seem to possess sufficient quantities of rationality.

• joanfoster says:

But you do possess sufficient quantities of rationality, right??? Those us who would prefer to stay the hell out of the ME and just let the Muslims kill each other simply fell off a turnip truck I suppose. Show us the next hot spot and I am sure the “make America fight another war again” crowd will line up to support it.

4. jwingermany says:

There seems to be a lot of bed-wetting going on among Trump supporters. People were warned ahead time to minimize the chance of casualties. This was a hit on property and equipment…not people.

If you see thousands of ground troops being deployed to Syria…then, by all means, continue bed-wetting.

Obama drew red lines with words. President Trump draws red lines with Tomahawk missiles.

• smiley says:

exactly…was just about to say, this is one heckuva better decision than all those shrinking, retreating “red lines” of weakness, shown by obama, making us a total laughing stock.

Making America A Superpower Again = AUTHORITY

• mztore says:

Yours is the first sane comment I’ve seen since this started. Doesn’t anyone read/listen to the message being sent out any more? People world wide seem to only see and hear parts of what is going on….whatever suits their brain at the moment. Thank you for your sane comment.

• billinlv says:

Many are not willing to trust the unelected bureaucracy and the profoundly corrupted CIA, FBI, NSA, DOD, etc, and the “intelligence” and data they provide to Trump and to his advisors. There is also a massive lack of trust as well for the elected members of government, most especially with the US Congress. As Trump has said many times, he was not elected President of the World. His progress here in the US has been stymied by commie judges and by the uniparty. Bombing Syria looks like a diversionary tactic. Assad may be a bad guy, but the people fighting him are as bad or worse. It is not so much bed wetting as it is a WTF moment.

• jwingermany says:

I think you’re missing the message being sent with this strike. Like I said…strength REDUCES the chance of conflict.

Especially after 8 years of pink lines being drawn…nobody takes us serious. Now!…they just might.

Furthermore, what harm was really done?

• jwingermany says:

You still don’t get it. Can’t see the forest with all those trees in the way.

How many refugees were created with that strike? Btw, look at the new post here at CTH. Assad vowing to fight ISIS even harder…without chemical weapons.

Trump has also created distance between himself and Putin so that this Russian collusion BS can finally die down. Perhaps, this allows for the two to sometime in the near future to be able to work together to fight ISIS…not possible with the Trump colluding with Russia mantra.

Think long range. Think big picture.

• jwingermany says:

Btw, Trump never said that he wouldn’t get involved in the Middle East. He always said that ISIS must be defeated because it’s a mess that the U.S. helped create under the Obama administration.

• jbrown says:

billinlv…you make a very cogent statement. A lot of us absolutely do not trust the entrenched powers that be. When “hero” John McCain, among others, sides with POTUS it gives one pause.

• Jeff C-C says:

The “hall of mirrors” and gaslighting is more confusing than ever.

“The President of Russia regards the U.S. airstrikes on Syria as an act of aggression against a sovereign state delivered in violation of international law under a far-fetched pretext. The Syrian Army has no chemical weapons. The fact of the destruction of all Syrian chemical weapons’ stockpiles has been recorded and verified by the OPCW, a specialised UN body. Vladimir Putin believes that complete disregard for factual information about the use by terrorists of chemical weapons drastically aggravates the situation,” according to a statement the Kremlin released today. (http://en.kremlin.ru/events/president/news/54241)

Pentagon spokesman Navy Capt. Jeff Davis stated that the justification of the attack came because, “The U.S. intelligence community assesses that aircraft from Shayrat conducted the chemical weapons attack on April 4. The strike was intended to deter the regime from using chemical weapons again.” (https://www.defense.gov/News/News-Releases/News-Release-View/Article/1144598/statement-from-pentagon-spokesman-capt-jeff-davis-on-us-strike-in-syria)

All this while Chinese President Xi is here, and right after Egyptian President el-Sisi is here?

I sure hope Trump knows what he is doing, because it is hard to see from the peanut gallery.

• Matt Musson says:

The same people who claim Putin hacked the election for Trump are now Gleefully predicting war with Russia. Does that make sense to anyone?

• jwingermany says:

Some are saying that because Russia was warned ahead of time…that is proof of COLLUSION. INSANE!

• jmclever says:

It makes complete sense if the goal of all the so-called Russia scandal has been to start a war with Russia. They don’t care how it starts. They just want a war. Trump removed the capability of chemical weapons regardless of who’s hands they are in. This was a smart move IMHO. Remember:every time ppl start the handwringing Trump proves himself to be strategically many steps ahead of the game. Personally, I can’t wait to see how this turns out in MAGA’s favor

• jbrown says:

jmcleaver…..As a veteran, married to a veteran & proud mom of an Army Ranger, the tomahawk strike was precisely the best way to go in this situation. Minimum collateral damage while taking out Assad’s ability to easily recover militarily.

• El Torito says:

I’d be careful about hanging that around the necks of actual Trump supporters. The majority of it is fake Trump supporters. The latest lib-troll-msm play “I voted for DJT and now because of this I’m off the Trump train.” Simply the latest antiTrump talking points. Nobody with an ounce of brains believes it.

• sunnydaysall says:

I read this comment yesterday from another blog and I could not help but agree 100% with this person! The comment is wholly in their own words so any misspelling or grammar malfunction stands! ****

(Comment): MaskOfZero • 11 minutes ago
      Ok–after my initial surprise I have changed my mind.
      At first I was worried Trump was being played like a puppet by neocons–since I don’t believe Assad attacked with gas–and I don’t see how it could be proven conclusively.
      Then I realized–it does not matter.
      Who give a crap about expending 50 cruise missiles and destroying some Syrian bunkers and planes?
      In a way–it was a brilliant move, and I am ashamed I did not see it.
      This strike, where Trump warned the Russians and Syrians beforehand, achieved many good results without risking American lives, or hurting more Syrian lives.
      Whether the Assad forces or the rebels gassed those people, Trump showed a public response which will shake up the balance of power in Syria. Assad’s main advantage was having an air force when his opponents had none. And the backing of Russia. The US seemed impotent with Russia there. The idea of creating safe zones seemed impossible while Russia worked with Assad.
      The strikes proved Trump was not intimidated by Russia, it gets McCain and Graham supporting him politically (I know, they are dirt, but Trump needs to tone their criticism of his admin), and it gets the Russia Collaboration monkey off of his back–all in 50 fell swoops.
      Internationally, Trump looks decisive or nuts or both–which all accomplish the same goal–respect for the might of the US. Xi Jinping is chatting with Trump, and he will not fail to notice this display of Trump’s
      willingness to pull the trigger.
      Tillerson goes to Moscow on Tuesday with a far better negotiating hand than before the strikes. Safe zones are essential for humanitarian reasons, and for keeping migrants out of Europe and the West, and Tillerson needs to get Putin on board with safe zones with no fly areas.
      What appeared to be a stalemate, now is shaken up, and possibilities for peace in the region are improved.

• jwingermany says:

YES!!! The more I think about it…it was a masterful move by our President. I said a couple of days ago that I felt a classic Trump rope-a-dope coming.

• navysquid says:

Sunny…you do not need to go to another blog as it is ALL covered here…SMILE!

• sunnydaysall says:

In that respect, navysquid, you are so right 🙂 but I do check the Trump sites (supporters of POTUS) and mine as well for shills and trolls… and I do go armed with CTH info when I do! I also check for “Fake News” sites trying to push their lies on Trumpsters who use these sites and mine as well! But in the process of “checking” last night, I just so happen to catch this comment in the middle of a barrage of “I will not support Trump anymore” comments, and It really set me thinking! So I left this person a comment and this link because I think they can find common ground here at the CTH!

• pawatcher says:

Safe zones are wonderful for the defenseless and law abiding: in theory only. Just like gun free zones: they will never stop the criminals intent on crime.

• paulyho39 says:

What can I say?! This is an excellent summation of things…really puts it “out there”…and helps put my mind a bit at rest, too! Thanks for this!

• sunnydaysall says:

Why are you asking me all this, swim…? How would I know these answers? I do not read the propaganda press!
        Get a grip, swim, and you need to do some research for your answers. But if you just stop at the Lame Stream Media info then you will not get the truth that I hope you are looking for… But instead, maybe you already have the truth that suits you best…

• Ronnie Evil says:

OK I’ll bite-where is the evidence. There was no evidence. Assad and Russians were winning. We have now once again backed the rebels. The rebels are ISIS and Al-quada (bad spelling on that one). I’m not against Trump-buy this is suspicious. At least now all this nonsense about impeachments and Russian collusion will go away. Word has it that Russians hit rebel stronghold with the gas weapons inside.

• smartyjones1 says:

You think President Trump made this decision with NO EVIDENCE?
        Alrighty then.

Word is that cover story by Russia doesn’t exactly work for the outcome where dozens were killed. So there’s no evidence for the Russia cover story.

Why don’t you address that?

• susiejo says:

Do you think George Bush Jr attacked Iraq with no evidence there were weapons of mass destruction? Of course not. He had evidence provided by the CIA, same as Trump had regarding the chemical weapons. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

• jwingermany says:

You are partially answering your own question…impeachments. This can help get the Russian collusion BS off the table and possibly open up an opportunity for a summit between President Trump and Putin.

I believe the pros heavily outweigh the cons when all is said and done.

Remember, a strike on inanimate objects…and a very strong message to those who were certainly listening.

5. My God! Reading the critical comments posted by many people here today make me want to puke. Talk about a bunch of weeping snowflakes who can’t see any further than the end of their nose! Too bad we don’t know the ages of those doing the whining because I would bet that most of them were educated after the 60’s – 70’s. That’s when the lib-idiots really gained control of our education system (I call today’s universities “re-education camps”) and things like ‘history’ and ‘logical thinking’ ceased to be honestly and effectively taught

Many of you claim to be Reagan-supporters but it’s obvious you don’t know very much about why he was so successful Just one little reminder about just one of Reagan’s successes: In 1986 Reagan ordered airstrikes against Libya – specifically against Gaddafi’s compound. Very quickly, Libya ceased to be an instigator of terrorism and ended other war-like activity. Forward to 1989, That’s when the Berlin Wall came down. Lots of activity between those two events, but if you think that the tiny attack on Libya had absolutely nothing to do with the wall coming down, then I have a bridge and some swampland to sell you.

I will end this personal tirade by strongly suggesting that many of you seem to have your heads stuck where the sun doesn’t shine. You can choose to either stay in the dark and continue to walk around whining about something that Pres Trump did or didn’t do — and especially when he didn’t get your specific personal permission.. OR….. you can pull your head out of you-know-where, open your eyes and try to look further down the road than the next twelve minutes.

If I’ve managed to piss off a lot of you folks …. good! That was my intention. So now you know how pissed off many of us are after reading your ignorant, whining snowflake comments.

• BakoCarl says:

One hundred times as many Treepers are applauding your message than are pissed by it. Go Sarge!

• graciegram says:

Bravo !

• mztore says:

Thank you for your service, and your statement hit the nail on the head. Thanks for that also.

• Ronnie Evil says:

I’m not a “libtard” I hate liberals with a passion. Where is the evidence? I’ve heard that Russians hit the rebels and it was the Rebels gas weapons inside that was released. Once again we have backed the rebels.
      Let me ask you some questions​: If the libtards thought Trump was really bad and started a rebellion-would you support that? That’s what the rebels have done. They claimed Assad was bad and then started a civil war. I’ve personally never seen any evidence at all that Assad has done anything. Have you? Is it OK for libtards to do that? Start a civil war over claims of bad behavior?
      A final thought-Ultra douchebags liberal scum like Obama, Hillary, Kerry, etc. were all against Assad and Russians-this leads me to believe they are probably ok if the libtards are against them.

• smartyjones1 says:

Wrong, we have not backed “the rebels.” President Trump executed a pinprick strike on an airbase he says is the origination point of Assad’s chemical attack.

The US continues to support the Kurds in northern Syria, the largest and most effective fighting force against Assad.

The two events are neither dependent nor exclusive of each other.

• jwingermany says:

Respectfully, I think you’re missing the larger picture here. It doesn’t really matter who had the chemical weapons. Think about it a minute. Large picture.

• sunnydaysall says:

You are not a libtard…True! But you are undoubtedly a neverTrumper, and I have not figured out yet which is worse…

• bayrat65 says:

Listen Ronnie, I was very upset about this strike yesterday when I first caught wind of it. I have been reading everything I can about this strike since then. There is so much contradiction out on the web. One thing that I take as truth is that Assad is a BAD man. Has been long before the civil war in Syria. The Assad family are tyrants. His father was. The Syrian people have wanted out from under the Assad repression for decades. That is what started all this. Now it has evolved into the mess that we have to deal with today.

• DD More says:

Ron Evil – They were only against Assad, Before they were for him.
        Sep 3, 2013 – Photographs showing John Kerry, the US secretary of state, dining in splendour with President Bashar al-Assad have emerged, as Mr Kerry likened the Syrian ruler to Hitler.
        Mar 11, 2015 – The 2007 meeting between Assad and then-Speaker Pelosi came as the Bush administration was opposed to direct talks with the Syrian leader – Along with 11 Demis and 1 RINO.

• whoseyore says:

You do NOT have access to the intelligence that was gathered prior to the strike. You are using your feelings to guide you.

• The actual chem attack happened during the early morning around 5:30 am Syrian time. The Syrian Gov has said the town was bombed at 11:30am when a storage area for Chemical weapons was hit causing the casualties. Also, we recorded the takeoff of Syrian planes from the base we bombed that morning and the Pentagon has released the flightpath graphic of those planes. It shows the planes went to the city where the attack took place and were over the city at the time of the attack.
        Survivors of the attack have said they were awakened by the sound of the bombs and heard the fixed winged planes that dropped the bombs. The Rebels have no fixed winged planes. There is your proof!

• liberty, not license says:

Yes, Sarge, but weren’t the air strikes by Reagan after the downing of the Pan Am airliner over Lockabee in which Americans were killed? In that case, American citizens were attacked so retaliation was in order. Not so with the Syrian situation. I don’t see how this is not an act of war against a sovereign nation. All the other “benefits” — show of strength, new sheriff in town, helps domestically, etc.– pale by the comparison. We are back to the same old conundrum: are we the world’s policeman? If so, everywhere and at every time for every atrocity? But, that is impossible, just like it is impossible for us to solve the poverty of the world by unfettered immigration. America is good while she is moral and principled –otherwise she is just a bully with bigger weapons.

And, I am old enough to have voted for Reagan and actually Ford before him.

• Than you, thank you, thank you, ahhh the breath of common sense in the afternoon!!! Short term memory folks that are quick to judge and arm chair soldiering. Yes I stand with PDJT 1000% and again thank you Sarge, i agree with you as well.!

• James W Crawford says:

I was a strong supporter of President Ronald Reagan. He threw the Soviet Empire on to the ash heap of history.

I was a strong supporter of President George W Bush when he responded to the 9-11 attacks by invading Afghanistan. Aside from the desire to get Osama Bin Laden, the Afghanistan invasion was an astute strategy to transform Pakistan’s society and government. Just as Al Quida was sponsored by the Taliban, the Taliban was installed by the Mushariff regime of Pakistan which has hundreds of nuclear weapons. Bush worked diligently to nurture a middle class in Pakistan that would enable the country to have an alternative to Islamic theocracy or military dictatorship. Bush almost succeeded when President Mushariff abdicated his dictatorship to a popularly elected, secular government. President Obama squandered that victory by ordering the botched raid to kill Bin Laden then deligitimizing Pakistan’s secular government by grandstanding rather than keeping it secret. We now have the same Islamic radicals that General Mushariff staged a coup against controlling Pakistan and its nuclear arsenal.

I know far, far too much about nuclear weapons technology to believe the “Bush Lied! People Died!” mantra. Iraq was only months away from having nukes during the first Gulf War. While the CIA encouraged G W Bush to “Misoverestimate” the status of Iraq’s WMD, the essential truth is that there was no plausible alternative to the invasion that would not have resulted in Saddam Hussien or his Bathist successors staying in power then persuading our “allies” to liberate them from sanctions so that they could resume their quest for nuclear weapons. President Obama once again extracted defeat from the jaws of victory by refusing to keep a garrison in Iraq that would moderate the behavior of the majority Shia government just as American troops garrisoned Western Europe, Japan and South Korea for half a century to moderate their governments.

America needs to respond to the world as it has become under Obama, not what it was under Bush. Thanks to Obama and Clinton’s Arab Spring debacle, the Middle East is in flames. With the exception of Egypt and Jordan, all of the zookeepers who once kept the big cats caged have been deposed or killed. Iran has been liberated from sanctions and will inevitably have nuclear weapons if they do not already have them. Our European “allies” are undergoing a demographic implosion and have now surrendered to a tsunami of African and Arab muslim refugees who will soon dominate or exterminate them.

America needs to retreat into neoisolationism. Thanks to shale and fraking technology, we are no longer dependant on imported oil. We need not intervene in the Middle East or anywhere else in the world.

Rather than lob no longer replacable cruise missiles into Syria or worse yet invade, America needs to heed the wise council of Governor Sarah Palin who tweeted, “let Allah sort them out.”

• Kay says:

I know there is a lot that we will never get to see. I thought about the Libya strike…and that worked…in hindsight. Not acting…went to act…what to do…I don’t want THAT job.
      President Trump (thank God) is not President Obama–of the Muslim Brotherhood Obama’s…we get that.
      There are 3 things which can happen when you throw a football and 2 of them are bad.
      President Trump just threw are really really big football and I’m just hoping and praying that it goes how they intend.
      Libya then and Syria now…same game different teams and cheerleaders.
      I seem to have the last Super Bowl on the brain. I always cheer for Patriots:)

• scslayer says:

I think what many of us take issue with is the lack of Syrian provocation against the US and Trump’s campaign rhetoric that we would not involve ourselves in these types of conflicts.
      If my history is correct Libya made numerous provocations towards the US and ultimately were responsible for the death of US citizens. Totally agree with military action even if someone displays an aggressive stance towards the US.
      What has Assad done to bully or push the US into taking this action? I thought we were over there killing ISIS.
      I’m seriously asking because I have not found an articulate sensible answer to that question yet.
      There are atrocities that occur everywhere all across the world. Are we to police those as well? May not be gas, could be a string of car bombs next time. Innocent people and children still end up dead. Dead is dead no matter how you go, I would hope a decision wasn’t made based of simply seeing those gruesome images on TV.

6. jefcool64 says:

Just a reminder, Hillary Clinton wouldn’t have warned the Russians before the attack.She would be blowing up the Syrian airforce as we speak in order to help the “rebels’ (ISIS)

Trump is trying to strike a middleground here by going after the tools used against civilians. If it was a false flag, then damage is limited and egos get ruffled.
    Trump said it was Assad though. In that case it will freak him out. Russians will know some things are unacceptable too.

Cold War heated up, but maybe some of the ice needed to come off to get back to negotiations. Let’s stay calm, he hasn’t gone full neo-con.

7. Joe S says:

Hello all,

This is The Conservative Treehouse, not The Conservative Troll House!

• navysquid says:

Haha that is funny!

Maybe Sundance can start selling Troll House cookies!

Do they come in chocolate? Why, yes! They come in chocolate, vanilla, sugar, and our biggest seller the Snowflake Troll House Cookie!

• Mike says:

Yah. Shareblue must be working overtime shifts.

View story at Medium.com

Hey trolls reading this ,how does it feel to be such a repulsive human that you have to get work pretending to be other people? LOL. Must suck to be you.

Pro-tips for trolls: Make sure to check with your parole officers and make sure your ankle bracelets are working. Stay away from children and small animals, nd don’t stalk your ex, like your retraining orders tell you to do. Try not to mouth breathe and eat your own boogers in public. Remember to brush your teeth and shower more than once every 60 days.

• thanks! It is getting annoying to come here and read every other post whining and trolling!

8. navysquid says:

I have not been able to read all the comments above because they are coming “Fast and Furious”. Further update from my perspective:

See here – have we seen any of these (CW):

Also support of how ISIS – Ahrar al Sham – uses our morals against us to get what THEY want as they manipulate images:

The same little boy in red is in two different locations

At least nine of these children appear in different footage from different locations

A little boy that appears in two different videos with two different scenarios

Now to all the Trumpers that are abandoning him…I support PDJT’s actions 100% and believe this was the absolute BEST position he could take as I posted early on in this article.

Assad was NEVER directly charged by the UN’s earlier investigation of a chemical attack in 2013…Again, like Sundance uses timelines, look at BOTH of these attacks and the TIMING of them and both attacks do not bode well for Assad so why would HE do it? Do you think Russia endorsed Assad doing this as well? Putin knows what is at stake and would not endorse Assad carrying out this attack with CW’s. Again, I believe it was an attack by Assad’s Air Force on what is believed to be a conventional weapons site used by insert name ______ whereupon CW’s were expended. As far as those posting we have footage of aircraft taking off with munitions…of course we do, but we do not know what was INSIDE those munitions and why you need HUMINT on the base to tell you that information.

Many of you I know do not think strategically (not a slight…) or as a counter-intel guy/gal but the people that control these levers in our world DO THINK THIS WAY and so you need to at least recognize this as a possibility because it happens all the time in our world govt’s.

• 3x1 says:

Agree completely.

The end result works, but how we got there is the question.

I’ll believe Sarin attack when i see responders wearing appropriate PPE and a lack of living bystanders 5 feet away without even a gasmask.

Look at the response for Aum Shnryko (sp?) what, 20 years ago? Guys in the moon suits were used for rescue.

If, and it remains a big if, sarin was actually used, how it got there is indeed the critical question.

Would the CIA pull such sleight of hand to fool our own President? Why not? They and the NSA have been STALKING him and his family for the past year. Yeah yeah, Brennan and Clapper are now gone. What about everbody else? No whistleblowers? No white hats? A hot war (not happening, btw) would sure be a convenient way to distract from that pesky Rice investigation.

This does not exonerate Assad nor question or compromise support for Trump. It is merely one possible scenario for a seemingly inexplicable use of CW by Assad.

If in fact Trump, Mattis or Bannon sensed a trap, this was a brilliant response. I mention Mattis as DoD rightfully doesn’t buy IC product at face value coupled with his encyclopedic knowledge of tactics of deception and conflict used throughout the ages.

• navysquid says:

Right on, 3X1…my thinking on this all along. All of it just does not add up BUT I could be mistaken but my experience tells me my first instincts are correct here. The attack in 2013 did not create an Assad removal response by those wanting it after the “red line” speech. And now when Pres Trump says his focus is NOT on Assad earlier in the week, and Assad and the Russkies are kicking butt on Daesh, all of sudden Assad thinks against conventional wisdom and I am sure Russia’s approval, that he will go bomb a Depot / Quarry with CW’s!! Does not compute!

PDJT’s calculated response here also tells me he gets this as well…

• stella says:

Look at photos of the Tokyo subway Sarin attack. Those who are cleaning up the spill (punctured containers of liquid Sarin) are wearing protective clothing and gas masks, but many who are seeing to the wounded are not. The reason is that Sarin gas dissipates very quickly. So it is not a sure thing that responders without protective gear would have been harmed, especially if some time had passed – say 15 to 30 minutes.

• Erika says:

This is from Sic Semper Tyrannis. I trust his judgement

Donald Trump’s decision to launch cruise missile strikes on a Syrian Air Force Base was based on a lie. In the coming days the American people will learn that the Intelligence Community knew that Syria did not drop a military chemical weapon on innocent civilians in Idlib. Here is what happened:

1. The Russians briefed the United States on the proposed target. This is a process that started more than two months ago. There is a dedicated phone line that is being used to coordinate and deconflict (i.e., prevent US and Russian air assets from shooting at each other) the upcoming operation.

2. The United States was fully briefed on the fact that there was a target in Idlib that the Russians believes was a weapons/explosives depot for Islamic rebels.

3. The Syrian Air Force hit the target with conventional weapons. All involved expected to see a massive secondary explosion. That did not happen. Instead, smoke, chemical smoke, began billowing from the site. It turns out that the Islamic rebels used that site to store chemicals, not sarin, that were deadly. The chemicals included organic phosphates and chlorine and they followed the wind and killed civilians.

4. There was a strong wind blowing that day and the cloud was driven to a nearby village and caused casualties.

5. We know it was not sarin. How? Very simple. The so-called “first responders” handled the victims without gloves. If this had been sarin they would have died. Sarin on the skin will kill you. How do I know? I went through “Live Agent” training at Fort McClellan in Alabama.

To read more go here:

• navysquid says:

Erika, great post. This turco post sounds familiar to me…lol.

• Jeff C-C says:

From the same essay:

“This attack was violation of international law. Donald Trump authorized an unjustified attack on a sovereign country. What is even more disturbing is that people like Secretary of Defense Jim Mattis, CIA Director Mike Pompeo and NSA Director General McMaster went along with this charade. Front line troops know the truth.”

Pres. Trump participated in a “Wounded Warrior Soldier Event” yesterday. Let’s hope that someone gave him an earful about this yesterday.

• whoseyore says:

Welcome to the Conservative Tree House, Jeff! We welcome comments that are different than our own. Just don’t expect those comments to always be embraced.

• stella says:

9. MIKE says:

As smart as most readers and commenters are, I don’t understand the hair triggers for dumping on our president at the drop of a hat or even 59 TLAMS.
    Democrat insurgents retain power and control because they stick together no matter what.
    this solidarity doctrine must be adopted by us, or we will surely perish. So blessed to have A man like our president. Get behind our guy, and defend him until the moment he gives us a clear cut reason not to. Last night’s events was not that moment.

• M33 says:

Like space-Zog from Futurama?

• BakoCarl says:

No evidence that ” Trump is just a ZOG-puppet.”

• pawatcher says:

To some it was a clear cut deal, bombing of a sovereign nation on the advice of a flawed Intel community, to restrict support of Trump’s action. And yes even feeling like getting off the Trump train after pulling the emergency cord. I hopped off, but, that doesn’t stop the thought processes and looking at the matter in closer detail for days and weeks to come.
      I may eventually come to the conclusion Trump was correct: right now I don’t agree with the bombing and Trump blaming Assad for the chemical warfare. I can’t stand being called a troll for not supporting Trump in his decision to bomb. I thought deplomacy was going to be his strongest point: a strong military to back up the deplomacy.
      I’ve hopped on and off trains as a youngster, so I’m experienced.

• GForce says:

Mike, respectfully, excluding the trolls, the “dumping isn’t exactly at the drop of a hat…it was the dropping of 50+ Tomahawks in a sovereign nation. The thing that’s catching a lot of folks, including yours truly, is the imagery and the narrative leading up to this. The whole thing smells rotten and defies logic and is unnnerving people. It looks like the all too familiar false flags that have been used as leverage to create the mess in the Middle East and around the world. Wouldn’t want to see our guy falling for it, or worse find out he was complicit in it.

I do believe Trump chose the correct path on the face of it (for many reasons), but wouldn’t want to find myself being led down a rabbit hole for the next four or eight years. He currently has my support and I hope we see an unfolding of events that puts this in better perspective in the days to come.

• GForce says:

PS: I believe Trump knows this was a ruse and is using to our advantage. I will believe that until proven otherwise. But it’s not fun not knowing absolutely.

10. M33 says:

Russia is “angry”.

Think they are going to do something about our Syria move?

Hmm… well.. no, I don’t think so.

11. BakoCarl says:

If I may take the liberty to repost . . .

daughnworks247 says: April 7, 2017 at 12:08 pm
    When I am wrong, I admit it.
    I was wrong.
    No, we don’t want to get bogged down in Syria.
    Yes, we all hate the NeoCons, banging wardrums to justify their own existence.
    It makes us all a little nervous.
    In this case, I was wrong.
    Apparently, the Pentagon (the white hats of IC) has tapes of the Syrian plane, leaving the airbase and dropping munitions for the attack.
    That said, it was pretty effective timing.
    Yes, America is back.
    Trump detractors are leveled.
    The Euro leaders of France, Germany, etc., look even weaker this morning.
    Yes, Trump just made Obama look like a little kid.
    No, Trump did not become a warmonger in the past 48 hours….. stop being silly.

• truthseekerr says:

Thank you. I appreciate the patience and careful explanation of the timelines and evidence in some posts this mornbing. All of you who post the truth. It helps me learn what is going on and calms a lot of us down.

12. blessdog says:

regarding the fair ammount of new posters at this site today, i wanted to post this:

likely some trolls, but likely others simply riding the emotion of this latest event…it’s not a “private” community (I jumped in about 3 weeks ago), so it behooves one to attempt to respect other’s opinions that aren’t CLEARLY trolling, and realize that we might be seeing some who actually voted against ROD HAM, but have never loved Trump like I myself, and most here do…that’s how i see it anyways ‘o’

too, it’s pretty fascinating to see the left itself DIVIDE over this event –

reinforcing my bottom line opinion regarding the NEVER ENDING 24/7/365 agenda of division of normal type citizens pumped at us 24/7/365 by the alphabet attack dog deep state MSM…in 5 second soundbites…1 for every flavor of group/agenda

fractionated is how i see it

and……..they……..win

13. blessdog says:

“here” not “her” damit – that was NOT intentional lol

14. SPMI says:

“…defend him (Potus) until he gives us a clear reason not to.” Good God what does Trump have to do before you people stop dropping caveats after you say you are with him. I’m with Trump since June 2015. I will be with him going forward knowing he will do the right thing in every instance. I will also
    recognize him as a human being. BUt I do not need to drop caveats regarding my President.
    We have given him the Presidency. Period!
    Let him work. Pray for him. Give him all the chips.
    He is the real deal.

15. navysquid says:

One thing we (our military / defense agencies) need to be aware of is just as when our FOB’s were attacked overseas, while we were focused on the “main” attack we realized that this was just the distraction attack to hit somewhere else on the base!

SO while we are gazing at Syria…we need to watch what Iran or its lapdogs may do against us or our Allies while our focus is on Syria (The all-seeing eye)…Not only Iran we need to watch N Korea, AQAP, Boko Haram, etc. I am sure they are but just a reminder to be watching our six!

16. smiley says:

newsflash !

the Obama Era is OVER

17. MVW says:

To the chest thumpers that support kinetic responses to intel supplied by the US agencies, how is it that you believe it? Now that Pence has gotten Flynn out, Trump is at the mercy of whatever dog’s dinner Neocons want to serve him.

Chuck Schumer, Nancy Pelosi, John McCain, Lindsey Graham, Marco Rubio, CNN all support the military action, so to the chest thumpers, you are in the company of a large crowd of people that don’t like Trump.

Trump might as well have said, ‘Read my lips: No more stupid wars in the Middle East’

However, from the point of view of pure politics it was the smart thing to do ‘Wag the dog’ again, and from the point of view of minimizing casualties, advanced warning to Syria and Russia was given.

Neocons and DhimmiRats are cut from the same cloth, anti-American Globalists. Bad company to be in, enjoy it.

Just in case anyone thinks I have bailed on Trump, let me be clear, this was never going to be a smooth ride, and why Trump does what he does we may never know…. However, those who have fabricated this false flag and cooked the intel, Trump will find out… And when he does, woe to the CIA intel spirit cookers. It will be just what Trump needs to clean the CIA house.

• smiley says:

nice post…maybe…except you’ve left out any possible or likely role Russia might have had in this….and, thus, the important issue of geopolitical accountability…and any impact DJT’s response might have had, or is having, on that.

• charlottecorday says:

hi smiley,
        It doesn’t seem like the Russia bashing has stopped, in spite of this. i am afraid that it has just encouraged the warhawks.

• navysquid says:

MVW…This was the right measured response from PDJT. Let’s see where he goes from here IMO. This attack against infrastructure (Airbase) and not people sent a message to the Neocons you spoke of that needed to see if PDJT was the puppet of Russia they believed he is / was and a message to the NORKs, Iran, Russia, Assad, and the Deep State that says don’t piss me off, I will launch if it is in America’s interest. Some of you may ask, Where is this in America’s interest? Good question. It is in America’s interest because we have been seen as a “paper tiger” as bin Ladin called us over these last 8 years of Obama just as Clinton was seen when UBL made that comment prior to Mogadishu. PDJT needed to reassert America’s power and dominance which he accomplished with an attack and kept human lives out of it. Smart Power.

I believe he may be getting the right information / intel that this may have been a setup as 2013 was by “the rebels” trying to get us to remove Assad then…You know how many times over the years I spoke with an Iraqi or Afghan and they said that AQ does have an Air Force…they’d say it’s the US Air Force because we were taking out people THEY wanted us to by falsified reporting…So PDJT targeted an airbase in the middle of the night and not a populated military center or base.

As PDJT says, It’s a complicated business, folks!

• G. Combs says:

As I replied on the last page, this is the best response in a nasty situation.

Trump DID respond to the Intel provided but he waited until AFTER Egypt and Jordan heads of state were here. I am sure the situation was discussed, how could it have not? His response was done in such a manner as to eliminate lost lives.

In the short term he sends a message of strength to China and Russia. He kills the Russian collusion idiocy. By having Halley bring it up at the UN, Russia can formally respond to the allegations — AND — if later the Deep State, ISIS and Songbird McCain are proved to have just gaslighted President Trump, there will be HE!! to pay and they very publicly get defanged.

• Mike says:

“if later the Deep State, ISIS and Songbird McCain are proved to have just gaslighted President Trump, there will be HE!! to pay and they very publicly get defanged.”

Somehow John Songbird WarMonger McNuts is going to have to be kneecapped. Wherever he goes, a trail of carnage follows, and he can’t go on fake news enough to criticize Trump. He’s their darling “representative of the GOP.” And his defense is that he wraps himself in a cloak of “war hero” and so he thinks he is untouchable. If you go after him, you are “anti-American” and “anti-war hero.”

But he needs to be crippled politically, hard.

18. redsequin4 says:

My take is it makes no sense for Assad to use chemical weapons right after T-Rex stated Assad will probably stay. Also the pics of some first responders handling victims of deadly Sarin gas without gloves or proper equipment doesn’t fly. I wouldn’t put it past the “rebels” to stage something like this to exact a response, if they thought they’d be losing US support.

But I back my President, because even if it wasn’t Assad, or “the rebels” staged a chemical weapons attack, those tomahawks sent a message to Xi, to the fat little sadist in North Korea, to the world. There’s a new sheriff in town and he doesn’t just babble on about red lines, he takes action. Just as long as it stops here, no regime change meddling or escalation of the Syrian civil war.

• Justah says:

It makes sense to Assad, and it is a pattern h has followed for many years. Tillerson sAid last week that he could see no way to remove Assad at the current time – that is like. Green light to the But her of Damascus. TeamTrump was talking logistics, TeamObama was just afraid. The best thing about thing about the strike is that it came hours Russia shut down the UN Security Council. It’s way past time to stop Russia & Iran from running the globe. This sent a strong message – the US Presidentis a “Strong Horse” and not the weak, fearful Obama Donkey. Obama indoctrinated the world into no Middle Ground between Armageddon & hiding under the desk. Donald Trump knows Leadership & Respect are necessary.

19. gofer says:

Latest report from on the ground in Egypt. It was a weapons warehouse where chemicals stored and city is HQ of Al-Q. All pictures and info coming out is controlled by Al-Q. No western media on ground.

Irrefutable evidence Assad did not use chemicals in ’13 attack…..

Al-Q has launched a major offensive around the crippled airfield and they are praising the strike. Ms Berens who has access to knowledge in Syria says Trump being lied to.

• davecatbone says:

It’s the lack of information that has many folks who suffer the battered conservative syndrome to suspect nefarious actions and deception from those around President Trump. It’s not wrong to ask for evidence to come out to prove the reasons for military action as justified. The track records of the swamp dwellers speaks for itself.

20. TheMachine says:

I will say that today, this is one of many reasons millions of us voted for Trump: Senate Confirms Trump’s First SCOTUS Pick by 54-45 Vote.

Yes, I am still scratching my head regarding Syria… but I smile at what Trump is doing on the home front. Way to go Donald!

• NC PATRIOT says:

Trump promised us “peace through strength”—–but FIRST the USA has to project strength after O’s eight years of weakness. Diplomacy comes NEXT. (Tillerson to Russia next week, PDJT with China this weekend )

I don’t see him doing ANYTHING against his promises, He INHERITED a mess and he has to set about to FIX it the best he can. AND DON’T say SYRIA is not a threat to our security. The millions and millions of their refugees are national security threats all over the world ! That issue has to be solved with safe spaces in the ME and he has to get a group of willing partners to help him. (think Jordan, Egypt and SA)

PDJT has had a busy week——LET HIM WORK !

• bekfl says:

“AND DON’T say SYRIA is not a threat to our security. The millions and millions of their refugees are national security threats all over the world ! That issue has to be solved with safe spaces in the ME and he has to get a group of willing partners to help him.”

I agree!!!

21. BlessedToLiveNow says:

Today’s Old Testament Reading: Jeremiah 20:10-13 “I hear the whisperings of many: ‘Terror on every side! Denounce! Let us denounce him!’ All those who were my friends are on the watch for any misstep of mine”. As I read this all I could think of was PDJT and how so many are up in arms, and so fickle. Let us please enter into prayer for truth and for safety of all peoples.

22. redsequin4 says:

Scott Adams gives a measured and spot on review of the Syrian missile attack.

The Syrian Air Base Attack

23. srr says:

For a long time I’ve been content to simply read here and share gems with others, my own comments feeling redundant against the depth of insights of sundance and the prayerful and faithful, but I can’t stay silent now. I am still fully on board The Trump Train.

btw, I ‘luv’ how how a world of civilians, stomping around the virtual world on their meme steeds, still keep declaring they have the deep insight and moral high ground over the President of the United States, who even before he got direct access to the highest level global intelligence, had enough personal global intelligence to defeat the whole UN/Clinton propaganda machine.

I ‘luv’ how they’ve so instantly forgotten the decades of letting UN backed International Crime Syndicates and Muslim Terrorists poke so many holes through the Laws and Justice systems of Western Nations, as to have made them no longer Sovereign, but mere carcasses for UN Crime lords to tear the meat off, with impunity.

I ‘luv’ how they believe simply crying, “No War!” (over one surgical strike of a military asset of peoples who routinely use the slaughter of their fellow countrymen as a ‘moral’ bargaining chip with UN trough snufflers), makes All The Wars that have been ongoing at street, region, state, national and international levels for decades (thanks to the decisions of those UN Crime lords & trough snufflers), as if they are of no account, something the world’s gotten used to, best forgotten and not messed with, with such gauche things as striking the powers that make civilian human beings nothing more than meat for propaganda.

We now have a very well networked World leader who genuinely abhors dehumanising cruelty, and who is sending clear messages to the world; start building things, instead of piles of bodies; start Doing Justice, instead of denying it, so as to raise the premium for ‘doing laws’, and I Love It!

God bless Donald J. Trump and all fighting with him.

• Serena says:

Amen!!!

• scslayer says:

New world order? Under Trump?
      Or America First?
      That was a popular campaign slogan as I recall.

• G. Combs says:

The USA is part of the rest of the world. Anyone who has had to deal with bullies knows you have to deliver a hard swift kick to the errr… b..lls to get their attention. I like a lot of the ideas of the Libertarians/AnachroCapitalists but the Non-aggression principle sucks when it comes to the real world and will get you killed.

I am female and tiny and I learned that lesson the hard way in grade school. No bully ever messed with me more than once.

• navysquid says:

SRR…Do you work for Southwest?? If you do, you’ll know why I asked that question per your post.

24. Rainy says:

Forgive me for the repeat I’m trying to get the picture to show not just the link.Lets see if it works.

25. MC227 says:

RESPECT!

26. The Fighting Man says:

So, now Nigel and the UKIP leadership are gobsmacked and telegraphing their dismay at the guy they backed for US president doing this. Great. So much for building cooperative Western nationalist cred, Pres. Trump.

Aren’t we in the West tired of the “Kuwaiti newborns are being thrown from incubators and murdered by Iraqi Republican Guards!” horsesh*t, yet? I, for one, am sick of “the chirren” being used for everything from mass invasion of the USA to mass spilling of US servicepeople’s blood. Nobody’s kids are worth it if they are not American kids. Every kid has parents and a country. Let their own parents and countries either care for them or not.

If the mid-East really gave a d*mn about their kids they wouldn’t strap them with explosives and blow their guts out on a regular basis. Cry me a river over chlorine gas getting loose and a few of them croaking.

What about American kids starving and going without proper heat and clothing? What about American servicepeople who take their own lives because they don’t get the help they need? WHAT ABOUT THE USA!? The last I checked the “S” didn’t stand for Syria.

27. Mike says:

A 52-year-old woman from the U.S. was taking photographs in an eastern suburb of Paris when a person police say “arrived recently in France” stabbed her several times from behind.

#bombFrance

28. jwingermany says:

Keln’s, fellow Treeper, chess analogy earlier today was spot on! Sacrifice a pawn (inanimate objects at an airbase in Syria) to setup the win. Check mate!

PDJT has slapped the Iranians. Uppercut the North Koreans. Right hook landed on Putin.

What do you think Xi must be thinking while sitting at the same table with Trump? Think those trade negotiations might have a different tone?

Message received—LOUD AND CLEAR!

29. scslayer says:

The same people that said the intel deep state was working to take down Trump are the same ones going along with the intelligence provided blaming this on Assad.
    “Trillions of dollars at stake.”

30. MIKE says:

Has anyone heard a headcount on the deceased, as a result of The president’s actions in Shayrat?

31. scslayer says:

This whole thing about using chemical weapons is a bridge too far? I don’t think someone that’s getting killed really worries how they die, they just don’t want to die. Death is death, there’s no good way to die. Whether your being car bombed, beheaded or gassed. Death is death.

32. O.F. says:

My concern is only American for the men and women who do the warfighting not a few dead babies who died under unknown causes. This was bullshit. The globalist will get the wars they wanted.

33. Kay says:

I wonder if this action has anything to do with the recent meetings with the leaders of Egypt, Jordan and maybe even China?
    Not that I ever have hopes of finding out…I don’t go for coincidence anymore.
    I’m not ok with our illegal military being the Global Force for Good…though I wouldn’t want Assad wearing that hat either. Winner holds the leash.
    WHY does it always have to be US?

34. The Raven says:

Sorry, Sundance…the trolls have invaded your site.

35. David Rowley says:

It matters not that Assad may not have personally ordered the Chem/weapons attack. He had the stuff in his country, against the UN and the world. As one well known president said “the buck stops with me”.u