President Trump is anticipated to deliver remarks to the nation tonight:

– The targeted single airfield is Sharyat airbase in NW Syria, near Homs – The alleged source of chemical attack – Approximately 60 missiles fired – Russian military was informed in advance – Congressional Gang-of-Eight was notified in advance –

UPDATE: Video of President Trump remarks added:

WASHINGTON – The United States has fired a barrage of cruise missiles into Syria Thursday night in retaliation for this week’s gruesome chemical weapons attack against civilians, U.S. officials said.

It was the first direct American assault on the Syrian government and Donald Trump’s most dramatic military order since becoming president.

The surprise strike marked a striking reversal for Trump, who warned as a candidate against the U.S. getting pulled into the Syrian civil war, now in its seventh year. But the president appeared moved by the photos of children killed in the chemical attack, calling it a “disgrace to humanity” that crossed “a lot of lines.”

About 60 U.S. Tomahawk missiles, fired from warships in the Mediterranean Sea, targeted an air base in retaliation for a chemical weapons attack that American officials believe Syrian government aircraft launched with a nerve agent, possibly sarin.

The president did not announce the attacks in advance, though he and other national security officials ratcheted up their warnings to the Syrian government throughout the day Thursday.

“I think what happened in Syria is one of the truly egregious crimes and shouldn’t have happened and it shouldn’t be allowed to happen,” Trump told reporters traveling on Air Force One to Florida, where he was holding a two-day summit with Chinese President Xi Jinping. (read more)

This entry was posted in Big Government, ISIS, Islam, Israel, media bias, Military, Russia, Secretary of State, Secretary Tillerson, Syria, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

1,549 Responses to UPDATE – U.S. Launches 59 Tomahawk Missiles Against Syrian Sharyat Airbase Near Homs…

1. Ziiggii says:

Has Moscow come out with a response yet? I don’t care if Damascus has or not.

2. Donna in Oregon says:

I haven’t watched the news media. They are always acting confused, incapable of any conclusions….asking the same questions over and over. I read everything I need to know about President Trump on Conservative Treehouse. For the first time in a while I am going to sleep without worrying about the crazy fat kid in North Korea making a mistake and sending a nuke to the West coast. Good night, sleep well everyone!

3. missmarple2 says:

Watch this video to the end, where there are interesting photos.

I elected a leader who is smart. Any idea that he was duped is ridiculous. Mattis and Tillerson are not fools.

Why would Assad do this? Why does the guy in North Korea starve his citizens? Assad was in violation of an agreement he made to get rid of chemical weapons.

Everyone needs to chill.

4. lida rose says:

“The US intelligence community assesses that aircraft from Shayrat conducted the chemical weapons attack on April 4.”

So it’s on the IC it seems.

5. ivanthenuc says:

I cast my vote last Nov so now the only thing I can do it watch and see. Hopefully at least some of the truth will be revealed so that we can know whether or not this was the right move to make. I have to admit that I fall into the camp that find it hard to believe that Assad would be stupid enough to use chem weapons on his own or other counties citizens when they have so many other vile and quiet ways to remove opposition. Hopefully the president knows more. Hopefully he will share that info with the rest of us. Hopefully.

• I am interested in the theory that Assad has rogue military….

• TreeperInTraining says:

The beauty of this hit is that it doesn’t matter WHO did it…because they certainly won’t be doing it again from this site. Whether it was Assad, George Clooney’s White Helmets or McCain’s Rebels.

Kaboom.

It’s a win. As long as it stops here. Imho

6. And lets remember. The President never once said he was going to be an isolationist, despite what his detractors claimed. America First doesn’t = Isolationism.

Moreover, he has often shown, he can think in broader terms, and outcomes then he is ever credited with.

Two things can be true. The Rebels can be ISIS affiliated and bad, and Assad can be a bad guy. In fact this is more likely true then not.

But this also achieves many things domestically. The Media was gearing up to scream ‘Trump is a tool of Assad’ any second now. And it of course helps to kneecap that whole Russian fantasy the Media and Left have been selling for well since the Election.

7. JMScott says:

I am absolutely stunned. Admittedly, I was nervous when the news first broke. But After having a chance to put together the detail, I am AWESTRUCK with to brilliance and genius of Mr. Trump!

I already see at least 15 dimensions to this move. I can not conceive how he was able to strict it together in 72h. The only possible explanations are either divine intervention, or sheer luck of the draw from being on the path of God, and knowing it was the best play. I lean toward believing it is a combination.

We are so lucky to have this fine man as Our President!

Wolf and others that also see the dimensions, maybe it is better if we don’t make a list and expose the future to enemies…

• Joan says:

Trump is a genius – but he also is smart enough to have some really good people like Mattis and Tillerson and others working with him.

8. Howie says:

I would follow on with napalm to incinerate the chemicals released by the explosives. They might drift all over the place.

9. David says:

Dear friends, I know some thought it was not Assad but please trust Trump.
    1. Satellites can show that the chemical attack was done by airplanes that came from that base. What was done to those babies and children with the sarin gas is not someone that any human being can just ignore.
    2. This is not a war. It’s an air strike and a message to Assad and the world including North Korea.
    It’s a message to the Russians too. They need to disarm the chemicals of Assad as was agreed earlier.
    3. Life will continue and we will have a new Supreme Court judge and Healthcare etc…

• jakegr says:

Some fair chatter that the attack was carried out by renegades in syria’s air force. That makes way more strategic sense to me than Assad killing his own people. And if that was the case, Trump’s response was perfect.

• Joan says:

If the kid in North Korea can starve and enslave his own people, I can believe that Assad would do anything to his people.

10. Joe S says:

This strike reminds me a lot of a Ronald Reagan like response.

There are a lot of questions about verifying that Assad actually used the chemical weapons. Maybe we were wrong and he did. Maybe not. This does show that President Trump will not hesitate to make a call and stick with it, particularly to send a message.

Maybe the Russians will cooperate jointly with the US and SANE regional partners and kill off ISIS and maybe pulls Assad out of there and put another stable strongman in place. What I do not want to see is a radical Sunni mess where Syria becomes Libya. That would be bad.

We shall see.

Dennis Ross, believe it or not, just had a sane response on Fox just now-worth seeing.

• boogywstew says:

Ronald Reagan’s limited strikes on Libya straightened out Qaddafi and made him fly right. It seems to me he wasn’t the problem after, that he was before!

11. bullnuke says:

Pretty obvious there isn’t a panty waist in the White House anymore. This needed to be done. Reminds me of Reagan.

12. Time for a staple of the Treehouse

13. Giant Ground Sloth says:

Are these basically the same Tomahawk cruise missiles we’ve been using for the past 20+ years, or have they been significantly upgraded?

14. MIKE says:

My gut feeling here is a LOT of people have forgotten what a leader looks and acts like.
    I don’t like nor wish death on anyone.
    Tonight was strategic, and putting the world on notice.
    Besides, it is likely more people will die in Chicago, Illinois than at that airbase in Syria, tonight.
    And, I back the president 100%.

• AndrewJackson says:

Lol, I was thinking the same thing when I was pearl clutching. Why didn’t trump launch some tomahawk missles into the gang controlled areas of chicago instead? 😉

• Landslide says:

So true about forgetting what leadership looks like. And there is an entire generation who has never seen it. It is an inspiring thing to behold. Hopefully, many will watch and learn, then be inspired to create positive change in their own realm of influence. God bless you, President Trump, as you lead.

15. jstanley01 says:

In one fell swoop, President Trump just defanged the media’s and Dimos’ Russian election hack fraud, so meticulously and painstakingly engineered to depict him as a stooge for Putin. So are the House and the Senate and the FBI going to continue to move ahead with their ridiculous investigations? Watch out, Susan Rice and Barak Obama, as they may just broaden their scope as they follow the facts to your doorsteps.

16. Peter G. says:

Assad woke up this morning, to find a horse head in his bed. The message has been delivered.
    Copies to: North Korea, Iran & China

• Pirin0r says:

Thank you.

Someone else who gets it.

This was a strategic “message” strike that had no military value.

For 8 years, the world sharks have smelled American blood in the water. Red lines crossed, Iranians seizing our ships, Russian and Chinese Naval and Air forces buzzing our people. And we did nothing.

The American Lion just roared to remind everyone else in the jungle that we’re still the here.

If it hurts some feeble hearts on this site, then they should grab their skirts and run for the hills.

This is how the game is played on the big board.

Sorry folks if you thought the rest of the world would lie down just because President Trump was elected.

17. rjcylon says:

I voted for Trump specifically to make these kinds of decisions. I trust his judgement.
    We have 8 years of this administration ahead of us. I personally don’t have the time or the desire to second guess his every move. This is his arena right now, and I’m going to let him do the job I elected him to do.

18. Red says:

He destroyed a chemical weapons cashe in a country that is overflowing with evil ba$tards. We have troops there!!!! We have to wipe ISIS off of the map, I don’t want our troops attacked with anything much less chemical weapons. He is clearing the way, just like you clear a minefield!!!!

• BakoCarl says:

Actually, I just saw a report by Jennifer Griffen saying that we took care not to hit Russian assets at that base or any of the chemical weapons storage areas . . . we knew where they were . . . because we didn’t want the chemical agents released. This appears to be very well planned and executed.

• Stringy theory says:

So what did those 50 missiles really do other than send a message? The supposed cws are still intact. For me, it’s way too early to say, hey, this was a great move by Trump, or it was a dumb move. Only time will tell. IOW, I’m reserving my opinion even though my gut reaction is that I don’t like this move.

19. bullnuke says:

HEY, pencilneck. Still think President Trump and Putin are BFF’s?

20. andi lee says:

I think, I’m getting the hang of this now. Let out enough rope, the turkey(s) will out himself.

January 2017. Syria. A conversation, paraphrased,

Tulsi to Assad: If PDJT calls you, will you take the call?

A to T: We’re talking hypothetical here?

T to A: No, I’m conveying a question directly from PDJT.

A to T: Let me give you a direct line where I can be reached, 24/7.

21. I don’t remember the President ever claiming pacifism. Though to read some people, you’d think he swore off ever using the Military. In fact, he typically said the opposite, and made a point you needed to do so, effectively.

Not all military action, is equal to ‘Neo-con’.

What did you think as President, Donald J. Trump wasn’t going to have to, at some point take an aggressive action with the military?

What wouldn’t be a ‘Neo-con’ use of the military?

Again. I could get behind the freak out, were we talking about full on invasions and making a global map to remake the planet in our image.

But I don’t see this as that.

22. bullnuke says:

This is one of those times you don’t send one ping only.

23. Joan says:

I trust President Trump. Too bad you don’t.

24. And oh, there is an obvious upside to making Syria a safer place for Syrians. It means they don’t need to leave and become refugees. There are of course, numerous things that must be done to make that a reality.

25. SeekerOfTruth says:

Tomorrow action…Congress talk. This will all play out.
    1) Trump tonight has succeeded in getting his first kind words out of some of his strongest haters.
    2) Many R’s and D’s in the mild hate side will compliment him on this action.
    3) All in Congress will say you need to come to us to discuss further action and details. Trying to prove they are still relevant.

Congress.
    1) POTUS can do as many little military actions he wants ALL by himself. Do not believe anything anybody else says or mis-directs. They are just trying to seem relevant in this.
    2) Congress only needs to be consulted if POTUS needs more funding for a major conflict spending serious money. That is not the case here or likely in the future.

==> Trump response to the whining come to us to discuss further Congress.
    Answer: Why should I come to you (Congress)?
    1) You cannot pass any bills.
    2) You are holding up all my appointments, so you will not have any time for this discussion until my appointments are all done.
    3) I will come to you (Congress) once you prove to me that you can get things done.

POTUS stands to win much more than people realize from this small action.
    PS. If stock market goes green (positive) by end of day tomorrow, it was rated good by Wall Street..

• rashamon says:

Too many Congressmen are watching too much television with a glass of their favorite beverage in hand trying to figure out what they are supposed to do the next day.

Hollywood, which owes its popularity to the movie makers shipped over from Germany, the writers out of Bernays and the bankers who underwrote their propaganda, is writing our future? Forty years ago, I wouldn’t have believed it, but today I’m not certain.

26. FINALLY: Trump’s MISSILE BARRAGE trumps EVERYONE.
    [Reposted series from prior thread]

0. Missile Barrage DEMONSTRATES that President Trump will not tolerate breaches of the Geneva Convention and International Agreements on Weapons of Mass Destruction.

1. Missile Barrage KILLS the Russia narrative.

2. Missile Barrage PROVES to ALL opponents that President Trump is DEADLY UNPREDICTABLE.

3. Missile Barrage WARNS Chinese President – during his State Visit Dinner, for all the world to see – that he WILL produce a Nork military solution if he doesn’t solve the problem NOW.

4. Missile Barrage CONVINCES the emerging Mideast Freedom Alliance that they ALL will benefit from joining the Trump Team.

5. Missile Barrage PERSUADES the Palestinians and Hamas that they’re better off making a DEAL NOW with President Trump, Israel and Egypt than facing an existential threat if they continue their terrorism.

6. Missile Barrage ALERTS Iran, Hezbollah and the rest of the Islamist Terrorists that they’re next.

• Trump MESSAGE to DEEP STATE

If you think I’m not “DEADLY UNPREDICTABLE” keep it up:
      • Deep State, you’re in my cross hairs.
      • Undermine me at your peril.
      • Leak at your peril.
      • Stay at your peril.
      • Investigators, don’t think I’ll wait for your delaying tactics.

Congress, get off your tails to pass the Trump Agenda.

If you thought a Senate Vote was “nuclear”, guess what I have in store for you!

• Trump’s Syrian Missile Barrage can REENLIST Congressional Naysayers

McCain, Graham, Sasse, Kinsinger et al got their wish for a Mideast military action:
        • The warmongers got a cruise missile attack of unprecedented scale for a single target.
        ○ 50 missiles was a “statement” sized attack.
        • This was a “precision” attack on a focused target.
        ○ No legitimate claims of collateral damage.
        • The attack put no Americans at risk.
        ○ No needless American carnage.

Congressional Naysayers must now support President Trump or be primaried and run out of town.
        • Military-Industrial Corporate Donors had a limited payday.
        ○ Time to persuade pay-to-play Politicians to support Trump.
        • Politicians owe Trump for listening and decisively acting.
        • Any further warmongering will brand them as unhinged.
        • NO fig leaf left to mask their malevolence.

• SeekerOfTruth says:

All good points. tx.

Missile barrage reminds me to watch Raytheon stock tomorrow as they make the missiles used today. And I expect many more of those will be used in the future. I think Trump has found his calling card – Tomahawk missiles. Obama was a big drone fan – small hits – afraid to swing the large bat.. Tomahawks have about the same precision but with much more power needed for larger targets.

CIA likes little sneaky drones. Military likes larger ordinance. More power.

27. freddy says:

your message has been sent would you like to CC and BCC anyone else…Yes please CC Iran and N.Korea… Thank You.

28. Betty says:

Hey, peter bunny hearts you! Too much analysis! Bomb those mother…s!

29. SandraOpines says:

I am very proud of my POTUS Trump. He made decisive decisions with pin point precision. Least amount of civilian casualties and maximum messaging world wide.

This one strike sends a message far and wide. Perhaps the saber rattling from other countries will quiet and a fat dictator will sober up among MANY others who receive the message.

#MAGA Exactly why we hired you President Trump!

30. Pam says:

Who gives a rip what these people think. I don’t really care. I support my president period. This impeachment talk is beyond ridiculous. Trump isn’t going anywhere.

31. To strike or not to strike… that appears to be the big question.

Well I’ll put it this way, the last time chemical weapons were used in Syria – Obama said he would strike but did nothing. Now chemical weapons are used again in Syria – President Trump said nothing but did strike.

Don’t know about you but doing the exact opposite of what Obama did seems like a pretty good strategy to me!

Keep the faith Treepers!

32. willvecchio says:

I believe that President Trump’s priority is the defeat of ISIS, and that the result here is a degradation of the ability of ISIS to wage war there in Syria and in Iraq.

33. The Pentagon released this map & says it shows the flight track used as the Syrian military carried out chemical weapons strikes this week.

34. bullnuke says:

This is why it is important for the US to be seen as strong. People who haven’t witnessed strength the past eight years need to rethink what it means to the world.

35. Betty says:

IN TRUMP WE TRUST.

• winky says:

Yes I see your point Betty . I was very down but I read the story below that I just posted by Diane Marshall and it was an interesting take on how to look at this whole thing.

36. winky says:

Dianne Marshall has a very interesting take on P Trumps speech regarding Al Assad and she has a point. I found it fascinating.

37. LW says:

One thing I’ve noticed in all the pictures of the victims, is that it is always babies and men. Why is there never any women victims? Just curious.

38. Millwright says:

A wide diversity of opinion here tonite ! I’m particularly interested in the “either/or ” nature of so many posts ! I humbly submit all consider the nature of our icon, a tree. A tree does not war with itself, nor take much notice of flitting birds hopping from branch to branch at whim or weather. A tree nourishes all of its branches, only self-pruning those dying for lack of sunlight/activity, yet retaining their husks until age and weather takes them for other purposes. Our tree is nourished by the well-springs of knowledge, empathy, and patriotism, not the ephemeral showers of political partisanship and opportunism.

39. AndrewJackson says:

Now how about those trade negotiations Mr. Xi! 😉

40. Don’t know about Infowars but I know Breitbart readers (and writers) have been trending against him pretty much since day 1 of his administration. Not sure what happened there but they don’t exactly seem like people who voted for him…

41. Dukas says:

A Israel spokesman said, they are 100% positive the Syrians sent the gas agent from this airbase.
    If anyone has eyes in that neighborhood, it would be the Israels on the ground and America’s eye in the sky.

42. jefcool64 says:

At least he warned Russians to steer clear. We know Hillary would have ‘forgot’.

43. jakegr says:

I am an obsessive truth seeker, its a curse.

I’ve made peace with this strategic military strike. I just want to know: What in sam hill happened with this chemical weapons attack? The official story (Assad regime attacked its own people) makes ZERO SENSE.

Infiltrators in Syria’s military went rogue to carry out the attacks.. that makes sense as it would look all the same to honest intel. It seems it definitely happened, and definitely came from that air base.
    Trump wouldn’t just fake that kind of outrage… there was a chemical attack.

So it is either infiltrators in Syria… or the world makes no sense to me.

Comments are closed.