UPDATE:  3:35pm Speaker Paul Ryan Pulls Bill.

Speaker of the House Paul Ryan will give a presser at 4:00pm announcing he has pulled the healthcare reform bill.  Ryan saves his own skin by allowing the nest to reassemble. Between 2:30pm and 3:30pm the UniParty wing of the GOP moved to protect itself from sunlight by drawing in more “NO” votes.  Crowding makes sunlight avoidance much easier.

Apparently, faced with the reality the “Yeas” and “Nays” were going to scurry back into the lair of the UniParty nest, President Trump has accepted the bill being pulled.

PREVIOUSLY: Speaker of the House Paul Ryan went to the White House today for lunch with President Trump and Steve Mnuchin. Speaker Ryan doesn’t want to take a vote knowing it might possibly fail. Alas, President Trump tells Ryan: “take a vote”.

Ryan doesn’t want to have a vote. President Trump (Bannon and Priebus) want to get everyone on record – They demand a vote. The politicians are freaking out. Bigly.

Normally modern DC political leadership NEVER wants to see a record of a loss because gray space serves multiple political purposes and provides obfuscation and parseltongue. However, Team Trump ain’t traditional political leadership and they want a record of who stands against them.

Good.

Onward and upward. Moving on.

…”and I will leave you naked to your enemy!”

This entry was posted in Big Government, Big Stupid Government, Donald Trump, Donald Trump Transition, media bias, Obamacare, Paul Ryan, President Trump, Professional Idiots, propaganda, Tea Party, Uncategorized, White House Coverup. Bookmark the permalink.

1,620 Responses to UPDATE: Bill Pulled – Healthcare Vote Scheduled for Approximately 3:00 or 4:00pm Today – DC Politicians Freaking Out…

1. F5Tornado says:

All those posting how great this is and what a genius Trump is are obviously not on Obamacare plans. You have your nice company or union insurance while those of us barely making ends meet get raped by skyrocketing Obamacare premiums and deductibles. Today was a tragedy for millions of Americans. Americans who were promised this would be taken care of.

• SteveInCO says:

Apparently you get to suffer while politicians play games.

It’s sad, but that’s the way it is. (And you have my sympathy.)

Maybe some of those bastiches will burn for it. In the meantime, you might want to invest in some pine tar and feathers.

• WallyWorld says:

Passing a troubled bill that is not supported by 80% of the American population is not a good idea.

If RyanCare did what you claimed was necessary- the need to bring skyrocketing prices down, I would say you are right. Unfortunately, RyanCare did no such thing. And there would never be that mythical Phase 3. And Phase 3 has all the free market solutions.

What you are asking for is for Trump to put his name on the line for a plan that does nothing to curtail skyrocketing prices, many millions will lose coverage, is unsupported by 80% of Americans, and the never to happen Phase 3 free market solutions never actually happen. If you can sale this idea, you are the next Billy Maze

• woohoowee says:

Everyone is getting hammered. We have employer provided insurance which covers nothing and drives prices for actual healthcare through the roof. Hundreds of people hubby works with have small children. I feel for them. For everyone.

2. EV22 says:

If the Conservatives and Uniparty Congress critters try to hold up any other part of POTUS’ platform, we need to do something to get around them. Won’t fund the wall? The White House should start a non-profit with the equivalent of a GoFundMe page on their website to build the wall. Make sure everyone understands their donations will be tax-deductible. I’m sure there are many, many patriotic Americans who would throw in $20 to see the wall started. POTUS doesn’t need Congress to change immigration – he can do much of that on his own. For legal immigration, everything, even granting H1Bs, could be dragged out ad infinitum, e.g., “show us you advertised this job to Americans first and show us no American applied for or was qualified for that job”, have the Justice Department enforce the laws on the books to the letter and see how slowly everything grinds to a halt, etc. For illegal immigrations, well it sure looks like Gen. Kelly is on a great roll already. Just cut Congress out as much as possible. They’re just a bunch of losers.

Seven friggin’ years to come up with a solution and they waited until the last minute and failed. Just pathetic.

• Howie says:

They panicked when Trump won. They planned on good cop bad copping with Hillary.

• F5Tornado says:

Exactly! Ryan and his pathetic GOP were perfectly content to go on being the loyal opposition where they only have to take show votes and do nothing most of the time. Governing is too much work for Paul and his crew.

• NvMtnOldman says:

A RECORDED vote should have been held. Now Ryan and his gope buddies can all say that they wanted the bill and hide behind that to win their next election, What a farce!!!!!

• The idea of a GoFundMe equivalent is a good idea, even if your math’s a bit short. Using rounded numbers, if the cost estimate of 21 billion is correct, and all 60 million Trump voters contributed, each would have to chip in $350. (At $20/person it would take over a billion people to pay.) Even if 60 million people did chip in $20, that’s only 1.2 billion. The lowest estimate I’ve seen for “getting started” is 6-8 billion.

However, I like your “outside the box” thinking, and your other ideas reflect that.

• mztore says:

Those of us who don’t have the $$ (like myself) can always do like some of us did for the election campaign….sign up for a small monthly donation. Knowing it isn’t going to be a short term job to build.

• GREENMIRROR says:

You wouldn’t even need the tax deductible ensentive, with the amount of rape, drugs, & murdered you would need an army the size of the IRS to handle the donations.

3. Trumppin says:

New Reality Tv Show Idea: As the stomach turns.. Starring UniParty Paul Ryan and his Freedom Caucus

4. F5Tornado says:

What Ryan wished for today….”Please make us the opposition party again…this governing stuff is way too hard. We aren’t up to it.” You’ll get your wish in 2018 Paul. Not a single R vote coming from me.

• LM says:

Very bad idea.
      Vote for whoever President Trump wants.
      Voting Democrat will enable impeachment.

• Piper says:

Your nothing but delusioal if you think for one minute these turncoat b@stards won’t vote for a Trump impeachment!!! Most of them wanted Hillary!

Sorry to call names, but that IS a FACT! I have been watching everyone’s posts here for days and everyone’s “so much winning” statements have really raised my hackels! There is NO winning until it’s won! But then again, my tombstone will read Expect the worst, and only the best can happen”

• Howie says:

No, we have to keep them to stop the democrats. Even a crooked RINO is better.

5. Ponder the Trump Tactic:
    NO action on Health Care until DEMOCRATS Repeal ObamaCare.
    • No Dem Repeal until State markets implode.
    • Blue States implode first.
    • Blue Voters flip Red.

The solution then becomes comparatively simple:
    • NO comprehensive bills.
    • ONE bill at a time to architect a Free and Fair Market-based High-Competition system.
    • NO federal funding: State-funded pools for whatever.

• F5Tornado says:

Great strategy and how many hard working Americans and small businesses go bankrupt in the meantime? This is one reliably red voter who will never vote red again after getting the middle finger yet again today.

• Cowwow says:

That’s because you are a troll

• Kaco says:

This is quite foolish. Another two or three supreme court seats are going to come up again during Trump’s term. Right now we have a Republican majority to vote Gorsuch in because of the obstructionism from the Democrats. I think you are a troll as well.

• Well, I agree with you. The fact that this bill was dropped and unable to pass was a sign that no other bill could be promised to pass, either. So then what would we have been left with? The Republican’s desire to drop the pre-existing condition exclusion provision?

Not only that, trust NOTHING that Paul Ryan’s hands have touched. Ever.

• Howie says:

Yep….they will beg. Wail and flail. Lie and scheme.

• Trumppin says:

It won’t be just the dems that go down… This is UniPartycare now

• Oldschool says:

Nice plan, but you are not factoring in all the people who voted for trump counting on him and the repubs to get a repeal. I can guarantee they won’t come out on 2018.

• Piper says:

OLD-…well then they are too stupid to be voting anyway!
        We ALL knew from the beginning that the repubs were working against Trump, and people thought they were going to work with him???
        What a joke

• Piper says:

BlackKnight- That’s right, exactly what Trump said he would like to see from the beginning “let it collapse”, our President tried, that’s what matters to me!! He did what I sent him there to do!
      It is the repugnat-clins fault- EVERY, SINGLE, ONE that nothing was done to “save” healthcare!
      THE DEMS SHOULD OWN THE CREATION AND COLLAPSE OF THEIR POS BILL!
      AND we conservstives have been shown that there is absolutely NO DIFFERENCE between blue or red- They are each and every one corrupt beyond all imagination!

6. barton2016 says:

This is a great outcome. Showing everyone what the republicans are all about…$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$!!!!

7. Trumppin says:

They make me SICK!

8. maiingankwe says:

I still wore my Trump shirt today.

I may be angry, but it’s certainly not directed towards him.

• F5Tornado says:

But Trump will bear the blame even if undeserved. He didn’t keep his promise and is now just shrugging it off while many of those who voted for him continue to suffer. Trump’s approval in the high 20s by next month.

• Piper says:

F5- all the more reason to WORK HARDER to wake up the dumb sheep that are the American people!
        I tell every single person I meet to turn off the damn television news and why- I’m NOT just a keyboard cowboy! We aren’t working hard enough!

I went to the latest Trump rally in Nashville a couple of weeks ago. A reporter came down the line asking people what their thoughts were on healthcare and what they wanted Trump to do/say about it. NO ONE said a word!

I had plenty to say and said it all- all about how our own partty was working against us and the president and how nothing was going to get done because of it. Our “representatives” only care about lining their own pockets, no matter the cost to us. I said that we all SHOULD be standing in line to tell our “representatives” what we thought of them.

NOT ONE OTHER PERSON EVEN JOINED IN THE CONVERSATION!
        Nothing… crickets!

The american people are all beyond help- too stupid to THINK anymore, much less speak

• Piper says:

Mai- EXACTLY! I will NEVER abandon the President unless he works to hurt me and mine, (which I don’t see happening!), my hatred and anger towards the uniparty knows NO bounds tho-

• Patriot Lady says:

Maiingankwe,
      Interesting comment. Here in my neighborhood, west of Akron, Ohio, there are households who have not yet taken their Trump yard signs down since the election, and several who put their yard signs back up on inauguration day and are still up!
      And I will never forget seeing a yard sign in front of a small business in Bath (west of Akron, Ohio) that I’ve never seen in any previous campaign:
      “THIS SMALL BUSINESS FOR TRUMP”.

• maiingankwe says:

O think that is awesome, especially the small business. I haven’t seen anyone in my area wear any Trump regalia, or see any Trump campaign signs. It doesn’t mean they don’t support him, since I live in a red state. I just don’t see it.

To be honest, I’m the only one I know who has worn Trump/Pence clothing. I even wore my hooded, zippered sweatshirt under my winter coat, so when I went in the grocery store etc I could take my coat off and put it in the cart. I got more positive comments than anything. I did have people ask if I’d been on the receiving end of any negativity, but the answer is still no. Nothing verbal anyway.

I also wore it at my daughter’s school and gymnastics class where I have to sit with some snobby parents for two hours three times a week and they never said anything either. If anything, it was the mixed race couple who befriended me.

I love wearing my Trump regalia because the tee-shirt is so soft, and my zippered hoodie is high quality, even my Trump scarf kept me warm when I really needed it. It’s not just a statement in my politics, it’s darn good quality.

It has got to have you smiling every time you see those signs. A yuuge pick me up so to speak. I think it’s awesome.
        Be well and stay smiling,
        Ma’iingankwe

• Patriot Lady says:

maiingankwe’
          Such lovely experiences Thank you for sharing. I believe I saw more Trump/Pence campaign signs than any previous presidential candidate. I was campaigning for a conservative Independent, Tom Connors, who ran against Rob Portman for US Senate and have equally rewarding experiences I would love to share and will post sometime soon. All I had to say was that Tom was a Trump supporter and would caucus with the Republicans and Tom had their vote. Tom’s values were especially important to parents of young children when I told them that Portman had no intention to secure the southern border to keep the Heroin from coming in. Portman’s solution to the drug crisis was not to stop the pollution at the source, but to wait until we were already addicted and then treat the addiction. He proposed such insanity in his CARA — Comprehensive Addiction and Recovery Act. I thought he wanted an open border to keep the illegals coming across for cheap labor for all his corporate cronies and their campaign donations. But Portman’s evil runs far deeper — It was for the Big -Pharma campaign donations Portman received. This Cleveland TV news report from this week documents the million$ flowing to politicians who want the drug addiction to continue: http://www.newsnet5.com/news/local-news/oh-cuyahoga/pharma-company-linked-to-ohio-senator-benefits-from-opioid-addiction-and-treatment
          94 senators voted for CARA. Chances are good that your senator was one of them, Maiingankwe. Treepers, Please, please, share this information. Thank you.

• maiingankwe says:

Thank you Patriot Lady, I will pass this onto my friends outside of CTH.

I don’t know how these people sleep at night, they’ve got to be atheists. People die off of these drugs, and more so at an alarming rate than ever before due to all the new drugs out there. These big pharmas or politicians could care less not understanding their children could easily become victims. It’s not as if a lot of them are home often to play an interest in their children, which to me is what makes them becoming a victim far easier.

I’m not saying all politicians, but a good number of them probably do not spend the time they need to with their children.

We need to spread this far and wide. Thank you.

9. Trumppin says:

putting my tweet here just in case Potus is a Treeper 🙂

Thank You @POTUS for all you did working harder than anyone for We The People to get us out of Obamacare! I appreciate you so much! #MAGA

10. Howie says:

The Uniparty is in Obamacare…..

11. I said it earlier and I’ll say it again.
    President Trump should create an executive order that forces all congressmen and senators and their staffs to receive health care at the VA. No more subsidies and Cadillac plans
    They will immediately create a great healthcare bill and fix the VA STAT!

• SteveInCO says:

I guarantee you the currently existing VA will move heaven and earth to ensure reps, senators and staffers would get excellent care…while every real veteran gets shafted even harder to make up for it.

End Result: Congress thinks the VA is already excellent, does nothing about it, and veterans continue to get screwed.

See: Potemkin Village.

• Walt says:

The VA works excellent for those in charge! Its exactly what the government wants Single payer. Where they get top care and you get to die waiting.

• SteveInCO says:

And health care is a political football, year after year after year. “Republicans will take away your healthcare” the Democrats will say. It works for Social Security and seniors, and they know it.

If we get single payer, we will NEVER be rid of the socialist party. Never.

12. muffyroberts says:

Now that the Freedom Caucus has lifted the health care albatross off Mr. President’s neck, we can move on to tax reform.

For more information on your health care, please see Obamacare, or freedom Caucus. Thank you.

13. F5Tornado says:

Exit polls in Nov showed 86% of those who wanted Obamacare repealed voted for Trump. Who do you think those folks will vote for in 2018, or 2020 if this isn’t taken care of by then?

14. Hirosan says:

I’m sorry to say, but you guys saying that Republicans saved Obamacare are idiots. Obamacare wasn’t saved. It’s still going to collapse under it’s own weight. Ryan’s bill was trying to save it not Repeal or Replace it. Honestly, I think Trump wasted a lot of political capital going all in on this. Even if his plan was to screw over Ryan, (which is a nice effect of all of this) all he seems to have done is piss off some his base who really didn’t like this bill that the Repubs put forth.

Insulting those of us for not liking what we saw in the bill and trusting that Ryan wouldn’t screw over Trump is not going to help Trump. It’ll only seed division within our own ranks. That’s how the Dems lost their control over the Govt.

• woohoowee says:

Our President asked us to support this bill and that’s exactly what we did. For some reason there are those who think they know more than Trump45 does and did not support him when he asked us to.

If taking President Trump at his word and doing just what he asked me to do makes me an idiot then hand me my dunce cap, please.

• Well, apparently supporting Trump for this bill because he asked us to wasn’t enough…and having some half-assed bill passed that potentially exposes Americans to greater premiums, shuts them out of coverage due to a pre-existing condition, or whatever…could’ve been left on the books without change because we were asked to trust that Paul Freaking Ryan would change his stripes and act in OUR good faith…rather than that of the Muslims, illegal aliens, rapefugees, and any other non-citizen, parasitical entity.

Paul Ryan is a FAKE AMERICAN.

We’ve been burned over and over by this sonofabytch and the Uniparty.

GET HIM OUT.

I have a scoop on what Paul Ryan is doing in the dead of night involving planes and TB-infected Muslims. But I’ll wait until this storm has passed so that it doesn’t get lost in the fray.

• woohoowee says:

Oh, and just in case it escapes your notice…we’re still stuck with Obamacare. Imploding or not, reality is we still have Obamacare.

• Hirosan says:

First, Obamacare is not any Repubs fault. That’s on the Dems.

Second, I trust Trump but he is not infallible. Trusting Trump was never the issue in this whole mess, it was people trusting Ryan and the Rebups would keep their word to Trump about Phase 2 and 3. As has been stated many times here, the Repubs don’t want to repeal Obamacare. So why would any of you believe they’d follow through with Trump’s goals?

Third, if they did pass this bill, and Trump signed it after dancing it between the house and senate, you would still have had Obamacare. It just would have been slightly less or more sucky. (depending on who you talk to)

15. SandraOpines says:

My Rant:

Winners: Obamacare, Planned Parenthood, Democrats

BB and every “news” show pointed out every flaw in this bill known to God and man. They did not point out the positives, which there were many awesome opportunities LOST such as defunding PP…….. Jay Sekulow’s team has worked for decades to get this on a bill safely ready to be defunded. ……………….

I don’t wanna hear from anyone who is Pro Life, Defund PP that also wanted to #KillTheBill

What happens in Senate now with Gorsuch??? Are they going to be spineless and cave on nuclear???

I could go on, but would likely get thrown out of my tree branch.

16. Trumppin says:

This was shared with me tonight in accordance to healthcare topic
    “Instead of repealing Obamacare right now, make it easy for Paul Ryan. Repeal McCain-Feingold first! It is the law that George W. Bush said was unconstitutional and with a sleight of hand they said “well we’ve stripped out all of the bad stuff” but in reality, it is the poison of our political system. Please associate it with Paul Ryan!”

17. Piper says:

Everyone had a freaking coniption fit here when I said that the President should declare martial law during the riot after the election.
    I still think he should do it
    Our Rule of law has been corrupted AND subverted- our Republic no longer exists, people just refuse to see it.
    The alphabet agencies are all infiltrated, ever since the “patriot act” was the law of the land.
    WE got our man elected, against all odds, GOD saw fit to give us a man who would represent us.
    But he can’t do a thing with every branch of government, every agency, every congressperson, working against him!
    The only way to reset things is to use our military,(who DO support him), and wrest back our REPUBLIC!!!
    If he declares our government null and void,and the executuve order has already been signed to do it ( https://www.infowars.com/obamas-latest-executive-order-martial-law-confiscation-of-private-property-and-forced-labor/ ), then I trust President Trump to weild that power!
    I NO LONGER TRUST CONGRESS TO DO A DAMN THING
    Let’s call congress’s bluff, cut the cord, and send them home to be hung in the streets!

• Cowwow says:

Piper, I know it’s hard. But we did elect President Trump for all the right reasons. We must have patience. Many many people would be irreprebly harmed if martial law was brought to bear.
      Please trust the President and know that our Lord sees all, and is sovereign.
      It’s gong to be ok.

• Piper – Why not? We can’t peaceably assemble, have restricted speech, and are being held as servile slaves to any illegal alien or entity who has the audacity to step inside our borders illegally. Enslaved by an unresponsive government who refuses to allow our democratically-elected president serve in his capacity.

What is there to lose, just as you suggest, except the appearance that we have an agreed-upon social contract that is working?

Let the curtain be pulled back!

18. Mac says:

People, people, people. Relax. Nothing is lost here. In fact, the PEOPLE just won, again.

If this bill had passed both the House and Senate, in its final form, unlikely as that might be and President Trump had signed it into law, it would have done al,most nothing to make health insurance more affordable and NOTHING to reduce healthcare costs. It would have eliminated tax revenue while maintaining nearly the same level of federal subsidy. And, it would have given the Republicans, and the President, cover to claim that repeal and replace had already occurred, except for those provisions [most of them actually, which required a 60 vote majority to repeal in the Senate.

Now, phase 2, the rescinding and amending of existing ACA regulations controlled by the HHS Secretary can take place [without having to pass the AHCA]. Planned Parenthood can still be defunded in separate legislation. A comprehensive bill to reduce, or eliminate, government involvement in the health insurance industry can be put together and, hopefully, passed.

Now, the House did not betray Trump. In fact, I think that we sill see that the HFC actually saved his butt. This legislation was going to be a s**t sandwich with the voters [only 17% liked it]. And, Trump was supporting it. When it proved to be far less than it was claimed to be AND phase 3 failed to materialize, Trump was going to have to eat that sandwich. No one would remember it was actually prepared by Paul Ryan. Trump made a big mistake if he supported this legislation expecting it to pass. Health insurance reform is not dead. And, it would have been if this legislation had passed. Also, Trump is still on track with immigration control. He is now free to work on the budget and tax reform. Business encouragement is moving nicely, as regulations are rescinded. Trade reform, especially NAFTA, is beginning to move. And, we are, again, taking the war to the Islamic radicals. Russia and China re feeling the pressure of a Trump adminsitraiton and he has not even addressed them yet.

Stay calm and enjoy life.