President Trump Goes Out To Dinner…

… and Benny Johnson was there to watch, and later describe, the events:

dinner-with-potus

I ask [Nigel Farage] what it is like to come to the United States and have the President ask you to dinner. Farage says:

“Well it’s really quite wonderful. But as I’ve gotten to know Donald, it really just does not surprise me. You know what amazes me about your President? He is a regular bloke. Truly. Just a normal chap. Upstairs at dinner, he spoke to the table like any regular guy out to dine with friends and family. There is no pretension at all.”

Read Benny’s Full Photographic Article HERE

This entry was posted in President Trump, Secretary Tillerson, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

230 Responses to President Trump Goes Out To Dinner…

1. james23 says:

President Trump is one cool guy. It would be a blast to have dinner with him.

• In AZ says:

Never in my life have I admired anyone in politics. I know, President Trump is not a politician. He is exactly what politicians are supposed to be like…..working for the people, putting the people first, doing what was promised, being honest, using common sense.
      A TRUE Statesman.

How many politicians would shake hands with people, stop and joke and speak to people, take photos with people. None! Only President Trump!

Before President Trump the only people I would die for are my spouse and kids. I now include President Trump, and I am serious in saying this. I would absolutely take a bullet for President Trump and Mrs. Trump so that they could continue to help America so that my children and grandchildren could benefit.

• Sara in NC says:

Anyone know if Melania was there? Don’t see her at the table.

2. free2313 says:

MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN MARCH​
    March 25th Nationwide

3. TimeIsNow says:

Nice article Sundance, and just what we expect from OUR MIRACLE of a leader. Thank God for President Trump

4. Sandra-VA says:

I reallly LOVED Benny’s article. It was engaging, entertaining and I almost felt like I was there. THIS is a good reporter – I did not get one whiff of his political ideology – just a very well written article.

President Trump is such an awesome guy – but catsup and a well done steak? EEEEEk 😀 😀

• MaineCoon says:

Benny’s article was real reporting! Felt like I was at his table enjoying each moment as it occurred!

• ladypenquin says:

And that’s all we’ll asking for the facts, just the facts. Not a narrative colored by a Leftist ideology. Report what actually happened…

The mainstream media has set themselves up as not only arbitrators of what our news should be, they’ve set themselves up as a class of “royalty” – similar to the Hollywood types, who with any luck will go the way of the dodo bird. 🙂

• Beverly says:

The President likes to joke that he wants his steak so well done that it “rocks on the plate.” So, he works so hard, let’s let the man have his steak the way he wants it! 😉

5. What an entertaining story about the President going out to dinner! From Nigal’s comment about Donald being just “a regular bloke”, Trump having Ketchup with his steak (yep, that’s regular bloke), to our DJT discreetly slipping a busboy a $100 bill at the end of the evening. Not to mention the birthday girls who were dining when he was there and had their picture taken with our President. He sure knows how to work a crowd and seems to enjoy every minute of it. And so does the crowd. It’s about time we had a regular bloke in the White House.

6. Ron says:

If you read the comments that are posted on that articles page (not here on the treehouse) you see all these self-important people (from both sides) complaining about how the writer misspelled a few words. Several of them, while they’re giving their grammar rant misspell words themselves, or speak in incomplete sentences.

Always thought that was so strange. The guy writes an article, everybody can clearly read it, but yet all they comment about it is that some of the words were misspelled.

Strange world we live in.

• ladypenquin says:

There were typos? Gee, I was so caught up in the author’s descriptive narrative, allowing one to feel like they were actually there – that it was great to simply enjoy the moment with the President.

Those are the kind of people who are never happy unless they can find someone to criticize or something to complain about.

• The Boss says:

Look at any failing newspaper for poor grammar and spelling, and idiotic editorial content. Then, cancel your subscription.

7. maggiemoowho says:

President Trump’s hotel serves a bacon tower and he eats his steak with ketchup, that is all I need to know. Love that man!!!😃👍👍👍🇺🇸

• ladypenquin says:

I noted earlier that I proudly claimed my Queens, NY childhood, and it’s the exact same way I eat steak – well-done and with ketchup! 🙂

Bacon tower was impressive, and I believe President Trump has a lot of bacon lovers in his fan base…

8. MfM says:

Someone asked about Melania. There was no mention about her in the article or pictures of her there.

Two options I can think of: that she wasn’t in town yet… or she was so busy with last minute decisions about the Governors Ball that she didn’t have the time for another political dinner. It’s not like it used to be for her. It takes time to get ready and decide what is the right outfit to wear.

• ladypenquin says:

I’m with you. She’d be making sure everything was right for the Governor’s Ball, as any good hostess would do. Dress, well anything she puts on would be lovely. 🙂

PS I hear the Ball was attended by 46 governors (the most ever) – certainly some good messaging in that.

9. Lburg says:

This reporter was able to document the event based on a ‘tip’ from a trusted source.

I don’t like the idea that someone is telling a reporter, hours in advance, that the President will be at (fill in the blank) for dinner. Unless it was a purposeful leak – with vetting of the reporter having been accomplished in the background before he got the ‘tip’.

• WSB says:

I have to agree and hope that the President gave the OK to have this unofficial tag along by Benny Johnson.

• amwick says:

I have been thinking about this… overnight… it seems that it was a set up(to a degree). And I am not being critical, I loved the whole thing. Our President and his peeps are smart, and this was done with all the best intentions, all around. So, good on them… Well played.

10. CharterOakie says:

Excellent article! Sounds exactly like our POTUS and the way he rolls.

11. squidward says:

I loved that Benny was able to get a couple of pics of the Dude and Dudette that are the Team Leaders of the President and the First Lady’s security details. I really like those two, even though I don’t actually know them.

12. saveedra says:

How refreshing. God Bless President Trump.
    ❤🇺🇸❤

13. Sunshine says:

What a delightful story this is !! I loved every word of it. Thank you Benny.