Details Sketchy – Proceed W/ Caution – At approximately 12:55pm EST a gunman opened fire in the baggage claim area of the Fort Lauderdale Airport Terminal 2, which serves Delta Airlines. 13 people were shot. Current reports are 5 people killed and approximately 13 people wounded or being treated for injuries.

fort-lauderdale-airport-1

Media reports say the gunman was a passenger from an airplane that arrived from Alaska via Minneapolis with a declared firearm in a checked bag, retrieved and opened fire. Senator Bill Nelson (D-FL) told MSNBC the gunman is a 26-year-old named Esteban Santiago, who was taken into custody. He was carrying a military I.D.

(Via Daily Beast) Santiago was born in New Jersey, according to NBC News, and was a member of the U.S. Army National guard.

Santiago lived in Anchorage, Alaska from 2014 to 2016. Alaska court records show a criminal record there for minor traffic infractions including operating a vehicle without insurance and a broken taillight. Records also show his landlord evicted him for non-payment of rent in February 2015.

In January 2016, Santiago was charged with two misdemeanor crimes: one count of fourth-degree assault and another for damage of property over $50. According to a spokesperson from the Anchorage Police department the incident was related to domestic violence.

The case was resolved in March when Santiago entered into a deferred prosecution agreement, an alternative to adjudication where a state prosecutor dismissed the charges in exchange for Esteban’s completion of requirements that are unknown. (more)

fort-lauderdale-airport-2

This entry was posted in Air Travel, Death Threats, media bias, Police action, Terrorist Attacks, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

837 Responses to Updates: Shooting Inside Fort Lauderdale Airport Baggage Claim – 5 Dead, 13 Injured…

1. andi lee says:

2. Vixey says:

3. NHVoter says:

4. Pam says:

5. truthandjustice says:

As some have said – he seems to be a convert to Islam. This from ex-Muslim, Walid Shoebat, who knows of which he speaks and does impeccable research, etc. & this seems to be a well planned event. Excerpts:

“…the dead giveaway in Ruiz’s photo below is not just the Kaffiyeh around his neck, even more particular, is him raising his index finger. The Muslim calls the index finger sabbabah, to proclaim there is no god but Allah, a single unique god. This is a sign that he believes that Allah is the unique absolute one (not the Trinity) who sent Muslims to destroy the concept of the Trinity which would be three fingers raised as Orthodox Christians do. This is the signal. If the Nazi has a Seig Heil the Islamist has the sabbabah (index finger) and he raises it on photo ops to declare his allegiance to Allah.”

6. kinthenorthwest says:

Some interesting stuff in this article …

News
    Esteban Santiago, Shooter: Full Story & Must-See Details

7. citizen817 says:

• wolfmoon1776 says:

ISIS attracted these types for its asymmetric warfare. Of course, Obama knew this, and this is why he prolonged ISIS instead of putting out the fire. Obama’s motives were not the same as the CIA which believed it had Obama where they wanted him. The CIA thought it was using ISLAM. The truth is, ISLAM is now using the CIA.

• WSB says:

Mental illness and Islamic fantasies are not mutually exclusive, IMHO.

8. Patriot1783 says:

Those with cc/open permits should be able to travel with checked weapons but once they land only be able to retrieve weapon at secure location outside of the general terminal. Follow a similar set up to customs processing.

• 3x1 says:

That will probably happen now. Beats banning checked carry. Reduces risk of someone else making off with your bag too. C’est la vie.

• mimbler says:

How does that prevent someone bringing a gun into the baggage area? Either you extend the secured area or you don’t.

There are major negatives to extending the area.

Airports are not sacred. The security is to prevent airplanes from being taken over, and the secure zone is to prevent weapons from being brought onto airplanes.

We cannot make the world a safe zone. Rather than imprisoning ourselves in a secure area, we should use our law enforcement to identify and remove these threats from society.

Locking up someone who walks into an FBI office and identifies himself as working for Isis does not seem to be an insurmountable problem.
      Mike

• mamadogsite says:

Common sense is lacking.

As diligent and intelligent as the Isralies are with security, incidents happen, unfortunately. We can never assume all the $$$ we pour into homeland security will succeed.

That being said, it appears this guy was on someone’s (agencies) radar. Common sense certainly is lacking.

• Patriot1783 says:

It needs to be a separate check in bag, can not put it in with your toothbrush. My children played travel hockey, they had to have stick bags and which were identified as such and would travel in cargo hold but kept separate.
        The idea to keep airplanes from being taken over has now morphed to airports being taken over and security for all should respond accordingly.

the world can never be a safe zone. I’m for learning from mistakes which the killer took advantage of when he transfered a gun via air legally but yet once landed be able to go load same gun in a bathroom inside the airport to use against the public is a flaw in the system and needs to be
        corrected.

• wolfmoon1776 says:

The TRUMP administration can work this out. Talking to Israel may help. But we CANNOT back down on the needs of law-abiding citizens to fly with weapons. Once that is banned, either outright or by the infringment of a thousand cuts, this country sustains a truly debilitating sucker-punch from ISLAM. And I am not about to take one more microgram of cr&p from ISLAM. It’s time for ISLAM to take a planetary mass of butthurt from AMERICA.

• Patriot1783 says:

Re read, I never said banning anyone from legally carrying firearms.

• wolfmoon1776 says:

I saw what you said. I’m not arguing with you. What I’m saying is that there is a WAY bigger danger here, of more attacks like this leading to RINO-Dem over-reaction – severe restrictions or even a full ban on legal air shipment of firearms by civilians. If the other side sees some daylight here, they will insert a wedge.

Now it’s possible that a solution like separate, secure transport of firearms can have some effect, but frankly, I can already see ways to get past that. Still easy to get body count at an airport, even outside the doors of the terminal itself. So we could invest a lot more in shipment security, and a guy like this could still get double or triple the body count if he was smart, which apparently he was not.

This guy should have never been flying. THAT is the real solution, IMO.

Right now, it’s very hard to send a lot of things by air. There is a kind of overreaction mentality surrounding flight safety, which is increasingly dangerous to the freedoms of air travelers. They want us to fly without even a bag, if they could have their way. So I just see big trouble coming if we don’t raise a stink about the real problem – Islamists in all forms.

• mimbler says:

I don’t see how your proposed solution prevents someone from walking into the baggage area with a gun. It is -not- a secured area.

And why are airport areas more important than other places where people gather? Theaters, malls, etc.

We need to avoid the “we need another law” response. This person walked into an FBI office and told them he was a criminal. Why not just arrest him, and let the rest of us live our lives as free people?
          Mike

• Chip Bennett says:

Would it make you feel any better if the attacker had loaded his magazines in the parking garage? Maybe an adjacent hotel? Maybe if he’d left the airport entirely, and then returned?

How are you missing that all of these impositions you want to place on law-abiding firearm owners wouldn’t do a damn thing to stop someone committed to an act of violence?

• RG says:

It’s not the weapon check as it must be empty and not have a magazine in the chamber.
          A box of ammunition and an empty magazine can be in the same bag as the empty weapon. What he did is retrieve the weapon and go into a restroom, load the weapon and obviously loaded two additional mags. It was just a matter of time as baggage areas are free will.
          In the past 15 years of travel, I receive a luggage tag each time I check a bag and I have only had two times when someone checked to make sure I retrieved my own bags and that was in Las Vegas…and then it went back to bags going round and round until a person appears and claims the bag. All that security up front and none on the back end. As wolfmoon1776 says, it’s time to take to Israel and find a better way to permit travel with weapons. I am a woman and often travel alone…sometimes I land in cities where I need to be armed. But, I don’t arm at the airport, I wait until I am off airport property.

• Jason says:

Last time I arrived at Tampa Intl airport with with checked firearms, I was paged by my airline’s baggage office, where I had to go to retrieve my firearms. Showed my baggage claim ticket and my driver’s license.

• Jason says:

The news are terribly incorrect in their knowledge of airline/TSA firearms rules. ALL guns must be in a lockable HARD case…….not just tossed in with your underwear. The weapon(s) MUST be declared at check in. A affidavit is signed and inserted inside the case with the weapon(s) and the passenger is then escorted to a TSA counter where the TSA agent scans and checks the case and the passenger is given a claim check. Not claiming the weapon or not following the procedures is grounds for a felony.

• kinthenorthwest says:

Any armed person could have walked into the baggage area…No one checks the people coming into the baggage area. In fact many homeless people have been known to use the baggage areas as sleeping spots.
        So the guy having his gun in his luggage has nothing to do with the shooting…There were many other ways that a gun man could have gotten into the baggage area with a gun or multiple guns.

• Can I, sitting here in my easy chair at home safe and sound, opine that if some MEN were in this situation 4-6 of them could stand up with suitcases in hand and throw them or advance on this coward and effect some fight back ? I’m not sure or saying I could do this but have any other men thought of this ?

• kinthenorthwest says:

that is what gets me—so few seem to fight back..
            can’t say what I would have done…
            Do know that if I was picking up I probably would have been armed

• GAPTOG says:

Thank you! I’ve often thought about this. Sitting at home, safe and sound, in an easy chair or out and about, or in a mall, or church or any public place… I HAVE wondered myself how I would react to a sudden shooting, and I have begun to consciously think and hope and pray that if, God forbid, I am ever in such a situation, that I have the instinct at that time, and the ability, to do like the brave men and women on Flight 93 on 9/11/01 did… to resist, fight back, and take the evil assassins out, with WHATEVER I have available to do so. Including just JUMPING them when they are RE-LOADING!!! But damn sure, I hope I would try to stop them. More Americans, men AND women should maybe begin to think this way instead of just envisioning being a target.

• Maquis says:

So agree with you.

The Virgina Tech shooting made me so PO’ed. “Grown” men, lined up for execution, sniveling as one after the other is killed… If all of them had masculine instincts they would have rushed the monster as a one and leave it to God who might take a bullet in the process of saving themselves and others.

I refuse to mourn those that won’t fight, that shiver and quake as innocents are being mowed down. Our society is so degraded by the Left, Godless, completely isolated from true virtue and courage and love for fellow man.

Paralyzed, panicked, not a single thought of heroism or compassion for innocents, our “men” do not act as we once could reliably expect.

I beieve in the Second Ammendment, which merely echos our God given right to self defense. However, God’s laws long precede our Bill of Rights; “Thou shalt not murder” also burdens the Just with the obligation to prevent it.

Waiting for the cops generally does not fulfill that Mandate. When seconds count, the police are only minutes away, at which time they will take cover and wait until the bad guys run out of ammo, before considering entering.

Most anything can be used as a weapon, I hope I will be well armed if Obama’s American Jihad comes to me, but I’ll make do and fight anyway. I pray more Americans wake up, grow up, and prepare themselves mentally and in all other necessary ways.

We are not Europe. All the castrating of America is of the Left, born in Europe. America chartered a new course, honoring Godly virtues, tempered by our responsibilities as Citizens and the opportunities and obligations of a new, free, untamed land.

Our virtues and sense of empowerment and responsibilities are hated by the Left, amongst their primary targets. The Left, the near embodiment of the Devil himself, must also be fought, discredited, and destroyed. We must also restore America, her virtues, her courage, her understanding of Citizenship and personal responsibility.

Maquis

• booger71 says:

How is that going to happen..does everyone need to be walked to their transportation with a guard? What is to stop a car, cabbie, or bus driver waiting outside baggage bring a gun and open up. Lots of people in a small area waiting for a ride.

• James Crawford says:

You offer a solution without understanding the problem.
      TSA screening was adopted to prevent airliners from being hijacked and utilised as manned missiles with potential to inflict near nuclear carnage. A shooter in the unsecured area of a terminal does not present a threat that warrents even more intrusive security.

• Patriot1783 says:

^^
        “A shooter in the unsecured area of a terminal does not present a threat that warrents even more intrusive security.”

Tell that to todays incident victims and families of those that died.

• Deb says:

But they could just as easily have been shot at a mall, or a movie theatre, or restaurant, any other “gun free zone.” More regulations won’t stop shootings from happening.

• Patriot1783 says:

The subject at hand is an airport with the guy pulling a legally transferred gun out of his checked baggage, loading it in a nearby bathroom and returning to fire on those that just shared a plane with him thinking they were in a secure area. Now it’s been a while since I flew but last I recalled anyone going into a baggage area pickup had to go thru a screen check or have a plane ticket to get into that area.

• Deb says:

My husband flies all the time for work. He is aware of the fact that outside of the actual terminals, airports are not any more secure than any other public space.

Any taxi cab driver could have done this. That’s the world we live in.

• TheLastDemocrat says:

You can park – wherever legal and affordable – walk to the baggage pickup, and enter the baggage pickup with no checkpoints. If you loiter, the security will assume you are waiting for a delayed flight.

When a flight lands, sure, a bad guy can legally get his checked bag, legally go to the bathroom and legally load it.

So can ten decent, humane, aware concealed-carry fliers.

• kathyca says:

I fly constantly. ANYONE can get into the baggage area. In fact, no one even checks luggage receipts anymore, so anyone can pick up your luggage and leave with it unless you’re standing right there to get it first. There is ZERO security in the baggage claim area.

• Chip Bennett says:

Baggage claim is not secure. To get to baggage claim from the secure area of the airport, you must pass through a very clearly delineated area declaring that you are leaving the secure area and cannot return exceot through security, and pass by a TSA agent standing watch at the secure-area egress.

From the other side, any random person off the street can walk in, unchecked, to baggage claim.

• Jason says:

Negative, Ghostrider…….there is NO security check going into the baggage claim area at airports. Elevators from parking garages open directly into the baggage claim area, as well. There is NO security entering the ticket counter area of airports, either.

• We can’t protect everybody or secure everyplace that the public has access to.
              It sucks that the FBI in Alaska wasn’t able to detain him for psychiatric evaluation & if determined mentally unstable/violent get a judge to temporarily prohibited him from owning weapons. Were he disarmed due to his unstable/violent nature his name could’ve been added to the no fly list & him urged to seek treatment back in Alaska.
              Monday morning quarterbacking but it’s extremely likely that shooting was very much avoidable. I expect to receive crap from the “shall not be infringed” crowd but imho nutty people making threats & getting arrested for domestic violence should be prohibited from owning firearms.
              BTW it’s likely the guy was aware he has psychological problems & was losing control, I expect that’s very likely why he walked into the FBI office claiming he’s an ISIS operative.
              it’s not the guns but rather it’s the violent nuts.

• IDK but it seems very doubtful that “the average person commits three felonies a day in the normal course of events”.
                Perhaps that’s accurate within police states, but it’d be quite difficult to get yourself arrested round here.
                IMO domestic abusers have impulsive violence issues similar to road ragers.
                I can understand a once in lifetime situation where a guy snapped after arriving home to find his wife screwing the milkman, but multiple offenses should be a red flag prohibiting possession of firearms.

• Chip Bennett says:

You do realize, don’t you, that you sound just like Shannon Watts? You’re making exactly the same argument that Statist gun-grabbers make.

• wolfmoon1776 says:

This is the critical point. We would need metal detectors OUTSIDE the terminal, with a place to check in weapons separately, from the outside.

At that moment, I ask myself – we never needed that before. What changed?

Islam. Islam got out of its box. When Western people decided to release the bioweapon of Islam, they got contagion, unintended consequences, and blowback.

Trump is right. We can only fix this one way. Status quo ante on Islam, or something that recaptures the good we had before the plague.

• Jason says:

WHat do you want……security checks out to 10-20 miles from the airport?????

• wolfmoon1776 says:

I don’t think there is any way to fix this at the baggage level. People who hunt need to fly with guns and ammunition. People who shoot need to fly with guns and ammunition. There is already a problem with stolen weapons in baggage. They had to move the markings for checked weapons INSIDE the baggage itself to keep employee thieves from stealing bags with weapons.

The problem is deeper. It is who we are letting on flights. These people should not even be entering terminals.

We have a problem, and that problem is ISLAM. It will call up every crazy, every zealot, and every borderline personality it can, and will raise them to action. ISIS must be destroyed, and then radical Islamists exterminated or contained in their psycho Muslim countries.

• Chip Bennett says:

Why?

Why do you insist on imposing useless burdens on the single most law-abiding demographic in the entire country?

9. andi lee says:

News7 Skyforce reporter questions why the “travelers” are routed by the railroad tracks to bridge underpass and notes a security gate has been opened for them to pass through. Multiple police agencies, DHS, Swat Teams, and not mentioned, FBI.

10. StrandedinCA says:

If true – the big story seems to be that he was brought to the attention of the FBI before this act. We’re always being told “if you see something, say something”. Well somebody saw and somebody said – – the FBI seems to have said “Eh, nevermind . . . .”

11. 3x1 says:

If the guy had issues with another passenger during the flight, entirely possible he decided to “settle the score” with his checked pistol at baggage claim. If he was a wannabe jihadi, he was already half-cocked.

FBI completely failed by not no-flying him and yanking his firearms when he talked to them about ISIS. You don’t just refer them to local PD. VA counseling is a crapshoot, they had Major Hasan counseling troops fer cryin out loud.

He lost his 2A when he started spouting jihadi B.S.

Florida is good for frying killers though. Put him in the express lane.

12. booger71 says:

Even Lou Dobbs is pushing the narrative that this murderer is some how a victim and we didn’t reach out to him when he sought help. From what I have seen, he began his career in Islam..before he joined the National Guard.

13. booger71 says:

Is it just me or did all the posts get really tiny?

14. citizen817 says:

15. Ron says:

Lou Dobbs brings up a great point. He received a “General” discharge, not an Honorable discharge. Red Flag that he had some issues while serving….

16. Watcher says:

Why was he going to Florida?
    Who paid for tickets?

Notice the raisin on him.

17. missmarple2 says:

Here are some questions about this incident:

Why was he flying to Ft. Lauderdale? What was his business?
    Who is the mother of his baby?
    What is the status and background of his mother and brother who are currently in Puerto Rico?
    Is there a connection between the dropped charges of child porn and his claim to being forced to fight for ISIS?
    What was the diagnosis at the mental health facility where he spent 2 weeks after he went to see the FBI? Was that a government facility? Was he put on medication? What kind?

18. Pam says:

The disgusting are media still politicizing this shooting.

• G3 says:

Does anyone know if O was available or whereabouts? Was he available for the governor? Who called who? I believe during the Orlando Terrorist attack O called the local officials first and not the governor.

• sassymemphisbelle says:

the boy king was busy getting ready for his hollywood commies to come by and cry in their beers for the last time at the WH. sorta like what he was doing while 4 heros died in Benghazi, getting ready to party with his posse while Americans die.

19. Ron says:

Why in the Hell would he talk to the lame duck President who doesn’t even get along with him? Of Course he called Pres. Trump, he’s the only one with any power, and the only one willing to DO anything about it!

Obama’s impotent, and not just because he’s on the way out. He’s been impotent his entire life.

20. CheeseHead says:

FBI is batting a .000 on recent mass murders having all the perpetrators under investigation or monitoring of some sort but then looking away before they murdered Americans….Who’s side is the FBI on anyway?

21. SharonKinDC says:

Even if it wasn’t a serious injury and paramedics needed for critical wounded, doesn’t this seem STRANGE to y’all?

22. Feels like a an effort was made to release chaos today and things didn’t go quite the way they wanted. Electoral vote was fine, intelligence briefing was still weird, and shooter is still alive. More to come I imagine.

• wolfmoon1776 says:

Agreed. Would not rule out a lot of bad groundwork for a larger psy-op of some kind. Trump is navigating smartly, IMO, but that’s all I’m saying.

• wyntre says:

Electoral Vote was a fiasco. Sheila Jackson Lee, the other black Lee moonbat and the Hispanic guy with acne held up the recording of the vote with protests, shouting, emoting, drama-queening galore.

It was a concerted effort to embarrass, disparage and delegitimize President Trump.

Weird the Florida shootings took place during the congressional confirmation of PEOTUS victory.

• The vote was fine. We won. They were laughed at. By their own team.

• wyntre says:

Yes. We won. Unfortunately I was glued to the TV screen as I was glued to the elliptical at the gym and I saw the entire despicable show. A couple of gym regulars seemed shocked by my yelling at the TV I was listening to through earbuds.

I tried to explain the Congressional Electoral Vote Confirmation was the culmination of more than 18 months of political combat but they didn’t get it.

Sheila Jackson Lee, the other Lee and acne-boy don’t deserve to take up room on the planet or breathe the same air as Donald Trump.

It was all I could do to verbally suppress the F-bombs exploding in my head.

And of course Trump has gotten zero recognition of this milestone becasue of what I suspect was a planned diversion.

I’ll stop, now.

• TheLastDemocrat says:

‘they were laughed at:” –Biden told SJL to settle down. That’s pretty bad.

• I turned to C-Span just in time to see Lee rise to make her objection. Just moments before you could see Nancy Pelosi (seated near her) give her a look and a nod, as if to say “Do it now”.

23. Blue Moon says:

I found this article very interesting today:

Walker finds two guns in a violin case along Potomac River in Washington D.C. – leading cops to locate even more weapons nearby

24. NJF says:

Dobbs just reaffirmed. “General discharge for unsatisfactory performance.”

25. Aside from the murder of five innocent people, the other real tragedy here is how READY the left was to jump on this and screech about, ‘radical christian terrorists.’ It’s absolutely hateful and disturbing beyond belief. As a white, christian woman, I wonder what we christian’s have done to deserve this? I know that Jesus said that we would be persecuted along with him, but the mindless, rabid NEED to hate white people, especially christians, it’s insane.

• moe2004 says:

This sadly happens every time we have one of these incidents.

• andi lee says:

These Doctors say no one dead at Broward Hospital. Is there another Hospital used also?

• wolfmoon1776 says:

In my opinion it is a very deep conflict – truth versus lies. The left has addicted people to sweet lies, in its satanic quest for power. It is a fundamental conflict that Christ knew would come, and he prepared us for it.

The racial aspect is just one way the left has chosen to try to bring down America. White people are the majority, Christians are the majority, and freedom-lovers are the majority. They must weaken the majority from all sides to destroy what they hate most – Christianity.

Christians are the roadblock. They hate us not because of all the small flaws in Christianity like hypocrisy, pride, compromise, arguments about science, abortion and evolution, and all these maybe large but still tangential things. They hate the idea of God, and the more easily understood derivative idea that there is greater truth, not all of which we can know, which is our master. Down underneath, we remind them of an idea they want to go away, but which can never actually go away. They rage against God’s machinery – Creation itself.

• TheLastDemocrat says:

I ditto Wolf. This has nothing to do with us flawed Christians being flawed. It is Satan getting in God’s face, and playing out a story where the end is already revealed.

• Tejas Rob says:

I wonder what we christian’s have done to deserve this?

Exist.

Christianity and Christian voters are a cornerstone of Conservatism so therefore Liberals must destroy them.

• Maquis says:

The Left is Satanic, embodying nothing of Virtue, born of Envy and Hate and Covetousness.

26. booger71 says:

Bo Diddle is an idiot. How about keeping Islamists out of our military.

27. NHVoter says:

No terrorism. Oh, okay. /sarc

28. Vixey says:

Could this whole thing be a giant misdirection/false flag to keep people from noticing this?

Feds Announce Takeover of US Electoral Process:

Here’s the Infowars article first, and the original AP article second.

(1) http://www.infowars.com/breaking-feds-announce-takeover-of-electoral-process/

(2) http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_ELECTION_HACKING_HOMELAND_SECURITY?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2017-01-06-17-24-20

29. lharlow says:

Interesting tweet I just found. Please note; there is NO link in tweet to source for shooter’s Arabic name…https://twitter.com/team_trump45/status/817538880694001665

30. wyntre says:

Anyone else notice how many of the recent mass murderers were black or Muslim and complained of hearing voices?

A partial list:

Estaban Santiago -Puerto Rican – killed 5 in Fort Lauderdale Airport – 2017
    Micah Johnson – Killed 5 cops in Dallas – AA Army Vet – 2016
    Omar Mateen – killed 49 in Orlando – son of Afghan Immigrants – 2016
    Syed Rizwan Farook and Tashfeen Malik, – Pakistani, San Bernadino Shootings – 2015 – 15 killed
    Christopher Harper-Mercer, – black student- Oregon – killed 9 – 2015
    Bryce Williams – black – Virginia – kills 2 co-workers on live-TV – 2015
    Dzhokhar and Tamerlan Tsarnaev – Boston – Chechen Muslims – killed 3 -.2013
    Chris Dorner – California – black former cop – killed 4 – 2013
    Nidal Malik Hasan – Muslim – kills 12 in Fort Hood – 2009

31. wyntre says:

Airport shooter was treated at mental hospital after bizarre encounter with FBI: report

• truthseekerr says:

How this guy could get a gun checked on a plane is beyond me. Is this Obo’s gun psyop to make him look smart as he exits?

• wyntre says:

Somewhere it was reported that Alaska never checked his carry-on luggage. Don’t know if that’s true.

• truthseekerr says:

I smell a rat. Who died? Do we know anything yet?

• wyntre says:

Nope. Ben Rhodes is still churning out the narrative. /s

Also, it’s the POS’s last bash at the WH. He’s expecting Oprah, Jaz-Z, Beyonce, Bruce, etc. He has likely been on party patrol all day and unavailable for comment. /s/s

• TheLastDemocrat says:

what in the heck are y’all imagining?!
          He put his gun in his checked bag, and checked it!

the luggage was well out of reach, and on its way to underbelly of plane, long before shooter went to security with any carry on!!

• Ziiggii says:

You have to declare the weapon in your baggage lest it being pulled and you from the flight and receiving a nice felony charge for your record.

He had to have declared the weapon at the point of origin. Otherwise he and his luggage would not have made it to FLL.

• wyntre says:

Yes. You’re right, according to the reports I have read. He had the gun in his checked bag, not in a carry-on.

But it’s not clear whether he declared the gun in Anchorage.

• Chip Bennett says:

Carry-on luggage doesn’t get checked.

Carry-on luggage (i.e. luggage carried onto the airplane cabin by the passenger) and checked luggage (i e. luggage placed into the airplane cargo hold by the carrier) are mutually exclusive.

Firearms cannot be packed in or as carry-on luggage; they must be, or be packed in, checked luggage. So the attacker would have declared his firearm in his checked luggage, not in his carry-on.

• wyntre says:

I mispoke. I should have said I read Anchorage did not check his luggage for firearms. But the reports are conflicting. Some have said he declared the gun, others don’t specify.

• snaggletooths says:

No one can bring a gun in a carry on bag all guns have to be checked thru baggage and be in a hard container and be declared & according to reports that is what he did. I posted the TSA rules on it earlier.

• wolfmoon1776 says:

If it was involuntary, then he should have been entered into NICS. If it wasn’t involuntary, it should have been.

This is very weird.

OTOH, what if he was laying an insanity defense? Has IS advised people to do this?

• wolfmoon1776 says:

It was 2 months ago. Perfect cover action for his planned operation, to do as much internal damage as possible – to cause American infighting..

ISIS is into psy-op now. Incredible. Obama has let it fester so far, that ISIS psy-opped the FBI! HOLY CR&P.

• wyntre says:

Like I was pointing out upthread – a large percentage of recent U.S. mass murderers have claimed they were being directed through mind control of one type or anther.

Flipping through the channels I landed on the Smelly Kelly Show where she was BERATING Peter King for referencing terrorism and insisting it is well-known most recent shooters are simply lost young men with mental problems.

So that is the continuing meme-du-jour and will be pushed by media to downplay ISIS association until the “Big One” happens.

I dread the next two weeks. They will pull out all the stops. Lou Dobbs had a segment on the huge U.S. military buildup in Eastern Europe to ward off the Russians, complete with images of hundreds of tanks and soldiers. It’s SHTF time.

Lest we all forget, Trump was officially declared PEOTUS today. But what is media talking about?

32. NJF says:

Oh look CNN only hires the most skilled people. Cropping work is exceptional.

• truthseekerr says:

But remember the co vert ops are using islam to put fear in us. Let the facts come out as they will. I am not going to bite at the first “finger pointing up islam sign” that shows up on day one.

33. lharlow says:

Another interesting tweet…again, note info is UNCONFIRMED…https://twitter.com/scottpresler/status/817484517300731905

34. Pam says:

35. David says:

Condolences from Israel. Love Trump. This is how we survive in a tough neighborhood. (Some of this footage is training and some real situations)

36. psadie says:

I am watching Hannity and Dr. Sebastian Gorka said that the shooter is in pictures all over the internet showing the sign for ISIS. Arm extended with one finger out, I believe. No one in media is mentioning it at all. I wonder if this “shooter” who told the FBI that Intel was forcing him to watch ISIS VIDEOS is correct. Could he have been part of a psych ops without knowing it and they used him for a false flag of sorts?

37. Sandra says:

The shooter’s parents are from Puerto Rico and he spent time in the Puerto Rican military. A friend of mine reminded me of another high profile Puerto Rican with ties to terrorism, Jose Padilla. Padilla had converted to Islam, though. Any word if Santiago did the same?

38. snaggletooths says:

Suspect in Florida airport shooting lived in Anchorage
    Little more current back story with this guy

39. Abster says:

Are posts missing or is it my computer.