Strength With an American Stature…

lion-shadow-2(A Testimonial from Emily Roden)   Nine years ago, I showed up to the Denton County Courthouse for jury duty and got myself picked for the job. A young girl had accused her mom’s boyfriend of sexual assault and the case was being brought to trial.

If you’ve ever served on a jury trial before, you understand the almost immediate, yet very temporary bond that ties 12 strangers together who are randomly chosen from each of their private lives in order to fulfill a very solemn public purpose.

One of our first tasks was to choose our jury foreman.

Perhaps it was his business suit, his impressive stature, or his charisma, but almost everyone in that jury room suggested that this middle-aged man with greying hair was likely the most fit for the task.

“Thanks, but I decline. I’m not interested in the spot light,” he told us. I didn’t think anything of it.

I had just bought my first BlackBerry and used my breaks to catch up on all the emails I was missing from my week at the courthouse. I recall leaving the jury room on a break with this man and remarking how busy I was and how much work I had to do. He smiled as he sat and read the paper.

From the first day of jury selection, we all noticed another suited man always present in the courtroom. His presence was intriguing due to the ear piece in his ear. While grabbing lunch at Denton County Independent Hamburger on the square the 2nd day of the trial, we noticed this mysterious man dining with our fellow juror who declined the foreman spot. The intrigue grew and it was the talk of the jury – who were these men?

Finally, during a break in the jury room, one juror had the nerve to ask; “Who are you? And what do you do?”

Our fellow jury member was reading the paper again and pointed out an article with Exxon in the headlines.

“I work for them,” he said humbly. “There are a lot of people in this world who hate me for what I do, so they give me and my family guys like that to protect me.”

I immediately felt embarrassed for complaining to him the other day about how much work I had to do. It didn’t take long before a few internet searches revealed that I was serving on this jury with the CEO of Exxon Mobile, Rex Tillerson.

The trial concluded and it was time for the jury to deliberate. The story was heartbreaking and the facts of the case were clear enough to make the majority of the jury convinced of the guilt of this sexual offender of a little girl. But the defense did a good enough job to create a couple of hold-outs. As our deliberations came to a close, it appeared we might have a hung jury.

lion-in-shadow-2That’s when Mr. Tillerson began to speak. Humbly, delicately, and without an ounce of condescension toward those who disagreed, he began walking us all through the details of the case. I even recall being moved by his thorough explanation about the nature of doubt and the standards set forth by our justice system.

With great patience, this man who strikes multi-billion dollar deals with foreign heads of state brought our scrappy jury together to bring a sexual predator to justice and to deliver justice for a scared and deeply wounded little girl.

A local nonprofit was instrumental in fostering that young girl through this process, providing her counseling and legal help. I was so struck by their mission that I toured their facility the week following the case in order to learn how I could donate and volunteer to their cause.

On a whim, I decided to reach out to Mr. Tillerson to encourage him to do the same. I found an email for him online and sent him a note, touting the role this agency played in our trial and urging him to consider supporting the great work that they do.

To my surprise, I received an email back thanking me for my note, my jury service, and ensuring me that he would contact the agency. I later received a call from the director of that nonprofit to let me know that Mr. Tillerson followed-through and gave a generous donation.

I didn’t vote for Trump. This is not an endorsement of Mr. Tillerson for Secretary of State. I’m sure that the coming days and weeks will be filled with speculation and political discussion over this clearly controversial pick for Secretary of State. I certainly appreciate those concerns and the process that ensures significant scrutiny for this important position.

But during a news show tonight, I heard the term “corrupt” applied to this man who I spent five days with back in 2007.

All I know is that this man holds one of the most powerful positions in the world and clearly has the means and ability to side step his jury responsibilities, served as a normal citizen without complaint or pretense.

I know that a scared little girl who was finally convinced to come public with her account of abuse was inches away from a decision that would have sided with her abuser, yet this man put his negotiation skills to a very noble use and justice was served.

All I know is that this man and his myriad of aides could have ignored an unsolicited email from a girl in her 20s suggesting that he donate to a local cause, but he took the time to respond and opened up his pocket book.

My five days with Rex Tillerson is all I know about this man and his character. And in light of the recent news, I thought this a relevant story to tell.  (read more)

rex-tillerson-2trump lions

This entry was posted in Big Government, Donald Trump Transition, Election 2016, media bias, Secretary of State, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

162 Responses to Strength With an American Stature…

1. Pam says:

What a very moving story this is. It needs to go viral if for no other reason for those dopey R’s in the senate who had the nerve to vote for Kerry.

• Founding Fathers Fan says:

Those dopey R’s are allowed to win their primaries over and over again because dopy conservatives, Independents and even other R’s refuse to vote for the opposing candidate in the primary. They ‘justify’ staying home in the primary and allow the incumbent to win, again and again by saying things like, ‘they’re all the same, I’ll never vote for another R again’ when in reality the only way to remove an incumbent is in an R primary. Only 5 of 100 Senators has a rating of 80% or higher according to Conservative Review Scorecard. They don’t do what conservatives want because they know conservatives can’t be bothered to do what is necessary to vote them out.

• grainofsalt2 says:

Perfect example is McCain.😡

• StrandedinCA says:

Worse yet is the reason I hear every election season: We can’t let this seat fall to the other party or opponent – we’ll vote them (the R) in again this time and they’ll come around and do what’s right once they get to Washington. If they don’t we’ll primary/vote them out next time. It’s always next time – – thus the same old fossils are there for 30+ years. Insanity!

• grannysue says:

Actually no, they win because they all have down pat a method to win the primary. I was going to vote my representative out of office. He does nothing for our county and doesn’t seem to be trustworthy either. Imagine to my surprise that when I went to vote him out of office he had like six other people running in the primary with him. I voted for the opposition but it didn’t take much for him to win the primary because like me there were too many others running against him to know which one had the best chance against so him to win, he split the vote and won the primary. Much like Jeb planned on doing during the GOP primary, running seventeen candidates so he could splinter the vote and end up being the nominee with only 24% support. We have got to come together and figure out a way to stop this. I truly hope that Trump does what he said he would, drain the swamp. The corruption in our congress is breathtaking.

• TPW says:

Exactly what Alabama’s Bradley Burne did….three others running against him……he is such a disappointment. Got up there and went right along with Ryan McConnell and acted as though he was against the continuing resolution but they had enough votes without his. He also followed along with Ryan and all on the “cold shoulder” for Trump after the hot mike fiasco. I am SICK of these ass wipes.

• maiingankwe says:

Granny Sue,

You know what I thought of when I finished reading your post? Dang, that’s smart thinking. I had to scroll up and see who wrote it.

You’re right, it’s exactly what the RHINO’s did. All they needed was for Jeb to get 24%. It’s sickening knowing what their plans were with this election.

However, I would like to point out there weren’t many running against Ryan, and he still won big. I’m sure with all of their charts, graphs, polls and what have you, they figured it wasn’t needed.

It was a very sad day for me when I learned our Paul didn’t win. Many of us put a lot of our personal time on hold to get him through. I still have my Paul Ryan dump truck in plain view every day.

Thank you for your well written post Granny Sue, you’re one smart Lady.

• anarchist335 says:

grannysue, incumbent reps also have franking privilege, their signature on an envelope covers the postage. They can overwhelm opponents with mailers.

• Garrison Hall says:

” . . . because like me there were too many others running against him to know which one had the best chance against so him to win, he split the vote and won the primary. Much like Jeb planned on doing during the GOP primary, . .”

This is where sundance and The Conservative Treehouse comes in. Beginning with the Trayvon fiasco I’d come here several time before the primary elections had heated up, but it was when I started paying attention to Sundance’s excellent analysis of the splitter strategy that I realized that he was on to something. I’m a social scientist (a conservative one) and I always thought I was pretty good, but there was a dept, a sophistication in Sundance’s analysis that was way beyond anything anybody else (including me) was doing. Looking back, nobody knew that Karl Rove and the UniParty consultants had assembled a collection of bought-and-sold “candidates” who’s purpose was to siphon votes away from Ted Cruz, force him expend his resources on fake candidates, and then allow Jeb! Bush to ooze his way into the presidency without doing much at all. Nobody knew except Sundance. And, of course, Donald Trump. And the rest is history.

• andi lee says:

Certify the vote would solve alot of issues.

• Marc says:

Conservative Review is run by Mark Levin, a stalwart NeverTrumper up until the 11th hour of the election. IIRC, CR gives Jeff Sessions an under 80% score. If you aren’t about rigged free trade deal, Levin counts that as being a liberal.

• Benson II says:

Your correct about the not voting but for those of us who take the primaries serious and do vote to many times we don’t even have a choice in the primaries.

• OmaMAGA says:

Time and again we are shown the wisdom Trump displays in the choices he makes. Our country will have a Secretary of State who is experienced, intelligent and compassionate. A man of integrity. It’s been awhile since we have had that.

• Chuck Roast says:

Well lets see. In the last Eight years we have had a lying criminal and an incompetent boob as SoS. They have a problem with a real candidate with brains. Their audacity defies belief.

• Bert Darrell says:

The incompetent boob also gave grants to her daughter so she would be influential in her private environment. So, he was not just a boob but a corrupt boob practicing nepotism.

• Guy Bee says:

Not to mention the fact he knows the Middle East, oil and many of the main players. Energy independence is one of the biggest issues on Trump’s docket (or at least should be). Tillerson is the perfect person to head up this exciting new direction for America.

• stonedome says:

wonder how a person could be so perceptive concerning tillerson yet so brain dead when it came to voting for president

• BobbiD says:

I very much want to associate with the likes of the ‘Lions’ of this world…President Trump; Rex Tillerson and others…Thanks Sundance…

• Fe says:

This story moved me to tears. Let’s help make it viral. I posted to my FB page. Let’s do what we can to help our PE Trump drain the nasty infested swamp.

• The author of this article is part of the CLINTON GLOBAL INITIATIVE.

I can’t seem to dig up financials on ReadyRosie, an “early childhood initiative” with HUGE school districts in Texas. Just how much federal funding do they GET?

2. sundance says:

President Trump is assembling a league of extraordinary gentlemen.

3. Jay Edwards says:

No sane defense attorney would have let him on the jury….and this is why

4. markstoval says:

Great story. Moving. It is a credit to this site that you have given this story a wider hearing that it otherwise would have had.

No matter what happens, no matter who Mr. Trump picks for various positions — thanks for this post.

~ Mark

5. Wow just wow. Winning is becoming a moot point. We are going to succeed!

6. Bob says:

Those that criticize this man are probably sitting on a bar stole and have no concept of what this courages young lady just wrote about. Outstanding.

7. hpushkin says:

A stellar story, very inspiring. Thank you, to Ms Roden.

8. BMG says:

Praise The Lord. May He Provide Wisdom & Protection for the new leadership.

MAGA!

9. Wow! Just wow!! God bless the USA and DJT and his picks!

10. McGuffin says:

I bet she wishes she had voted Trump now.

• darththulhu says:

Maybe not yet. MSM brainwashing is deep, deep stuff. I got far more fellow-lefties to commit to NeverClinton than I actually got to commit to VoteTrump. I mean, he’s clearly the next coming of fascism, donchaknow? /s

But if Mrs. Roden continues to keep an open eye and an open heart, she will hopefully be able to come to that conclusion in time. If Trump and his team do the work, the fruits of that work will directly contradict the brainwashing narratives.

• WSB says:

Yes, I had a question as to whether Mrs. Roden voted for Hillary or abstained. From her husband’s links, they are associated with a bilingual children’s service in Texas, so being a Democrat in Texas is probably a strain to begin with. However, I only hope she was a NeverHillary member. Otherwise, Emily learned nothing from the very essay she is sharing,

11. Erik Dee says:

Mr. Tillerson is also very strong in his faith. He has a servant’s heart. Expect to see more stories like this. About him and others that Trump picks. Servants of the Light are being appointed to fight back against the darkness!

• Political Reviewer says:

“Servants of the Light are being appointed to fight back against the darkness!”
      Beautifully stated, Erik Dee.
      Thank you.

• To those whom much has been given, much is expected. ( I don’t remember who originally said this, and I have probably mangled the original) It is a beautiful statement; one I’d like to think I have lived by, and taught my son.

• KBR says:

Its from the Bible, rosecoloredglasses2016.

Luke 12:48King James Version (KJV)

48 But he that knew not, and did commit things worthy of stripes, shall be beaten with few stripes. For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required: and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more.

12. M33 says:

Great stuff.

13. Kokanee says:

He’s an Eagle Scout…. Nuf said.

• rsanchez1990 says:

Tillerson is an eagle scout, Sessions is an eagle scout, Mike Pence is a boy scout, all these men were raised the right way.

• MfM says:

Jamboree next Summer is going to be interesting. They always invite the President. Obama has just sent a message. Not every President comes, sometimes they send someone like Reagon did, when he sent his wife Nancy.

They have a ‘Presidential’ helicopter pad that was built to specifications. What better place to address 40,000+ youth that are going to be part of America’s future.

14. Paul Killinger says:

It’s all political. He’ll make a terrific Secretary of State.

15. darththulhu says:

Thanks for this piece.

What I particularly appreciate is that Mrs. Roden makes it clear that she is not on the Trump Train, but is willing to respectfully and generously evalutate the actual evidence of her own experience regarding this man.

While it would be nice if Mrs. Roden could be convinced of the vote-worthy merits of President Trump, it is far more important that she (and others like her) not be duped into abject panic about every single nomination and policy move. If the mass of tens of millions of lefties can be weaned off the MSM brainwashing enough to say, “I disagree with many of Rex Tillerson’s policy priorities, but I consider him to be a sincere and decent person trying his best”, this will be a much better couple of Presidential terms.

And that’s my bit of leftie kumbaya-hug-it-out for the day 😉

16. charliedontsurf1 says:

Great story giving us a glimpse of the man, Mr Tillerson. On the other hand, for a glimpse of misguided, bordering on insane, read comment 33 on the source blog linked above. Sad that people go through life this way, but it’s what we are up against in the coming years. In any event, Rex will make a great SoS.

• darththulhu says:

That’s the product of brainwashing in action: Not actually having any evidence other than partisan talking points, completely willing to dismiss and belittle documented good things, and completely willing to believe and propagate the worst innuendoes, all because it fits the partisan narrative of the day.

• Political Reviewer says:

Dollars to doughnuts, #33 voted for “that evil woman.”

• Brainwashing or yielding to LIES?

Surely the person’s spirit knows the difference between life and death, love and hate? Even animals know this.
        The brainwashing is occurring but it is being bought and paid for by the victims, it’s self-inflicted. No one is sticking a gun to anyone’s head forcing them to watch, listen, and read the lies. So do we blame the dope dealer or the drug addict? BOTH are ONE and one doesn’t exist without the other. In this case, the media and their audience.

Amazing, it is said that FOX still has not lost its audience even after the election. FOX, the station with the program called LUCIFER and other portals. They are all “scouts?” Hardly! No wonder there is so much fear, doubt, panic, depression and illness. It’s coming in straight through the TeLIEvision, radio and print willingly watched, listened to and read by these “victims,” who are really willing participants.

God’s Word is very clear not to take counsel from the unGodly. Wisdom stands in the streets calling. And for those who don’t listen it becomes mocking.

17. Political Reviewer says:

Thank you, Ms. Roden, for sharing your jury experience with Mr. Tillerson and your follow-up email to him, as well as letting us know of his generous contribution to the non-profit organization. I can’t help but compare Mr. Tillerson’s humble demeanor and ability to walk the jury through the facts of the case without an ounce of condescension (as you put it) with the character of HRC and how she laughed about getting a rapist off when she was his defense attorney. Such a stark contrast!!

As Dommy stated so well above, “Mr. Trump is proving to be an extraordinary judge of character.”

Not a day goes by that I don’t thank the Lord for raising up Mr. Trump to lead our country.

18. tonyE says:

So, does Ms. Roden now realize that perhaps she should have voted from Trump?

That perhaps it speaks volumes to Trump’s astuteness to have chosen someone like Tillerson?

BTW, I’m surprised Tillerson got selected for a jury. Engineers and Scientists seldom ever get selected for juries… and now we know why: Facts and analysis.

• darththulhu says:

If one quietly keeps one’s head down in the jury selection process, one can coast through. The defense also might well have thought that, as a business guy, he would be worried about false rape accusations against himself, and thus inclined (and biased) to give the benefit of the doubt to the accused in the case.

As for Mrs. Roden, she is most likely in “wait and see” territory. Her spouse being in politics means that she might be more aware than many, but most people do not dig deeply into the nitty-gritty-details of the day-to-day battles.

If Trump plays his cards right, he should be able to win her vote (and the votes of millions of other new people) in 2020.

19. quintrillion says:

Thank you for sharing this relevant insight into the character of our new Secretary of State. And thank you Mr Tillerson for accepting the challenge. I pray you are confirmed for the sake of us all.
    God Bless.

20. Patriot1783 says:

Kudos to Emily Roden for writing the article and Sundance picking up on it.

21. Sorry…ain’t cutting this Emily any slack. So, she can spend five days in a courtroom with a brilliant, humble and humane man and then say he is “clearly a controversial pick.” Obviously, she learned nothing from her courtroom experience as she cannot see goodness in her midst. That’s why (I assume) she voted for a life-long criminal, liar and (possibly) serial murderer.

22. don welch says:

so did this guy vote for hillary?

23. Thank you for digging up this perspective on Rex Tillerson.

24. Timmy-the-Ute says:

Sure sounds like a Russian spy to me. /sarc.

25. Hillbilly4 says:

At the time, BEFORE Nov 8th – 60 million + people saw and heard ‘Trump the Lion Hearted’. Or, for the more literary type among us: Aslan. His leadership picks reflects thought, deliberation, counsel from others and an innate ability to see ahead. Only a 100% American male/female can deliver like this.
    I await his choice for Supreme Court. Then perhaps another one, maybe two.

The Counter-culture, drug-dependent, loony Left embedded within the Colleges will need to be drained. Start with drug testing all students and staff/faculty where federal money goes. If we start the massive college-swamp drain the rats will flush: Communists, anarchists, insurrectionists, moral reprobates, crooks and other nefarious types. Not to mention perhaps as many as 300 towns and cities will see a sharp decline in illicit drugs. I will volunteer the 1st city – my beloved Austin, Texas.

• KBR says:

Good idea to test for drugs. Unfortunately that won’t get rid of the tenured or unionized.
      They’ll be offered treatment and sympathy on our dime, probably. Or on the tax dimes we send through the states as well as the feds.

Believe me once the money gets in their hands, they use it however they want, even if it is a grant for a specified purpose. Because they can get away with it.

• I get where you are going with the Aslan comparison, however seeing as the one Aslan represented in the Chronicles is well involved in this current narrative, maybe someone like Peter fits the bill.

26. andi lee says:

Moral character speaks volumes, regardless of one’s station in life but personal integrity is for life, it cannot be faked. (Personally, it is truly humbling to meet people with both). It leaves an ever-lasting impression one cannot ever forget, as it is clearly obvious with Emily Roden’s testimony this is what occurred.

It is why I trust Donald J. Trump, PEOTUS Trump (Trump, is still the same man, consistent, in public, stating his concerns of 20 years ago as is today or 18 months ago).

27. NJF says:

Wonderful story.

Kudos to the author for recognizing that people, Americans have value regardless of political ideology.

28. peachteachr says:

Thank you for sharing and for doing your obligation by serving on a jury. All of us love the idea of a jury of our peers but we seem to shirk away from serving on a jury and being a peer ourselves. You did not. Good for you.
    I am encouraged by your tale of our future SOS and a decent human being, Rex Tillerson. I have served on juries, I have testified 3 times for an abused 5 year old. When I retired, I became a voice for children in court by studying and being sworn-in as a CASA, court appointed special advocate. I’m sorry that I am no longer healthy enough to still be working with them.
    Join us, Emily. It was a strange election season so I can understand your hesitancy. I have followed President Elect Trump since I voted for him in Georgia’s primary in March. I feel so confident in my vote. I’m excited to see what is next for our beloved country. At least, Emily, keep an eye on what is happening in the coming months and see if there is a time you want to join us. We’ve got just the right spot for a good citizen like you in our large tent.

29. frogstamper says:

I love truth tellers. Each and every one. No matter for whom they cast their vote.

30. Daniel says:

My own personal experience wishes the guilt or innocence of the accused or even the crime was not mentioned. The fact is, I was nearly accused of such a thing and I felt fortunate that the case fell apart before it was ever made. The sheer terror of this sort of crime which often becomes a witch hunt biased to favor guilty until proven innocent was enough to keep me sleepless and afraid for my future and that of my children.

It was so bad that I was unable to trust women and especially not women who had children. And of course my negative reactions and feelings were often themselves judged to be a display of guilt. It’s insane how even as an innocent man I am presumed guilty.

I appreciate that Rex is a good man and that it’s possible that the man was quite guilty. We don’t know the case at all. But articles like these, framed as they are, always seems to presume guilt over anyone accused of such a thing. As a man who has seen the inside of family courts and have won custody of my sons, I know what the odds are that any man accused of such things can move on to live a normal life even if he’s innocent.

Sorry, but this story just struck a nerve with me. There are a LOT of innocent men out there accused of such things — a LOT of them. Men are treated as if they are disposable… required to fight in wars, presumption of guilt of all sorts. (Two people had sex when they were both drunk… one was a woman and the other a rapist)

There are a lot of people out there like me who have a full understanding of what I’m talking about. If people are concerned about fatherless children and about the vicious nature of some women out there making such accusations just to get their way, one should be careful about these matters.

The crime and the accused was immaterial to this story. I really wish it wasn’t there. It does harm.

• Snow White says:

I am sorry about your horrible experience Daniel.You are absolutely correct that innocent men have been accused of atrocious things by spiteful and wicked women.

31. I am feeling the change in the air and it isn’t the Obama hope and change. It is a change that gives you a feeling of a cool breeze on a summers day. I think good things are coming.

• Paco Loco says:

The adults are back in charge. The angst by the left over Trumps tweeting is delicious. The man is in charge and directing public opinion towards important issues that have been burried for the last eight years by the adolescent Obama. Wait unti we see Trump execute policy…man this is going to be epic!

32. Apfelcobbler says:

You can see why white Middle-aged men must be swept off the stage as soon as possible, according to the SJWs. They are the last anchorage holding up Western Civilization — the Globalists gotta get rid of them because Trump made the future arrive a little earlier than they planned!

33. Scott M says:

He is an Eagle scout and earns at least $25 million a year, he will have to sell everything, quit his job and settle for approx $250K per year. If the US can get a top top executive for $250K its a bargain.

34. muffyroberts says:

Hot lion pride picture.

Trump and his transition team are coming for you.

35. clash108 says:

There’s a great misconception about Mr. Trump and the CEOs he has put in his cabinet by many. The other side sees him has a divider. Just the opposite.Trump, and CEOs like Tillerson are skilled negotiators. They don’t try to antagonize, they keep things positive and complimentary.

You can never strike a deal being a jerk.

That’s why Trump and his cabinet will win over a huge percentage of Americans, leaving just far left to wallow in the tears of their mire.

36. paper doll says:

I would have liked Mr. Tillerson anyway…but I really liked him after worrying it was going to be Mittens for three weeks. To me that pick was a watershed, a masterstroke. Washington took notice. Trump was for real

37. TexasDude says:

That’s the county I live in. That’s the court house I’ve testified in as a cop of almost 13 years.

Soo many people supported Trump, but many hid it or were subdued about it because of the disgusting rancor and vitriol thrown your way if you show your support. I took many calls about Trump signs being stolen or vandelized.

• Fe says:

TexasDude, my son graduated from the Univ of North Texas in Denton. We (his dad, and grandma and myself) traveled from Illinois to see him graduate. He now lives and works in Dallas as an IT consultant setting up and monitoring companies warehouse inventory systems. He married a Garland TX girl and they have two gorgeous little girls (I call them my Texas sweet peas). 😊 We love us some Texas!

38. Honest Abbey says:

I clicked on the link to the website that posted the article and this is what it says:

This is a post from Emily Roden, the smarter and more attractive Roden, about her brief few days with Rex Tillerson, Trump’s nominee for Secretary of State…

I will not be able to sleep tonight unless someone can tell me who the “Not As Smart, Less Attractive” Roden is. 😂

• darththulhu says:

If you go up to the header at the top of the page, the overall web page is that of Kevin Roden, a city councilman in Denton, the husband of Emily. As the husband, he is wise enough to self-deprecate where self-deprecation is due.

And, again, kudos to him for giving his wife a platform to air a viewpoint that might not be profitable to his personal politics.

• Honest Abbey says:

OMGosh! Thank you Darth!
        I feel so silly because I should’ve been able to figure that out, had I slowed my pace down and read the entire page.

39. JC says:

Excellent piece, SD. Thank you.

All of the lion photos are powerful, but these three are exceptional. The second photo prompts me to wonder if animals see into the realm of the spirit, even if only occasionally. It looks for all the world that this beautiful lion is seeing something holy in the light.

40. Follow the money …. this guy Roden and his wife, the author Emily, run a non-profit involving early childhood education screening, along with about twenty “gubment” associations. He quit his day job to engage in his more “gubment” and “teat and tax-swilling” endeavors.

Emily Roden’s husband says that sanctuary cities are a figment of our imaginations and that there is no legal definition of what constitutes a “sanctuary city.” Someone better cue Trump before he cuts off their funding!

SHOW THEM THE MONEY…

“Kevin Roden was elected to District 1 in May 2011 and is serving his third term. He was elected Mayor Pro Tem in May 2016. Prior to his election to council, Kevin served as Chair of the Denton Historic Landmark Commission. He currently serves as Denton’s representative on the Regional Transportation Council, and Chairs the City Council’s Mobility Committee, CAPR Committee, Community Event Center Committee, and the Citizen Engagement Committee. Kevin also chairs Mentor Denton, a collective impact initiative that aims to increase mentorship in the schools of Denton ISD. Kevin is the Vice President of Pascal Learning, an educational technology company that partners with schools and communities around the country to deepen and scale their family engagement efforts. Kevin earned a Bachelor or Arts in Political Science from the University of North Texas in 1998 and a Master of Arts in Philosophy from the University of Dallas in 2007.
    Committee Assignments: Agenda Committee, Committee on Citizen Engagement, Council Appointee Performance Review Committee, Ethics Committee, Mobility Committee, Community Justice Council, Dallas Regional Mobility Coalition, Regional Transportation Council, Council Community Event Center Committee, Downtown Denton TIF Reinvestment Zone Number One Board.”

41. Apfelcobbler says:

Rex Tillerson, an exemplary American and therefore a NeoCon nightmare. Driving them batty. Just when they thought Bolton could be their wormhole into the Administration.

42. Howie says:

Trumpzilla strikes again. How sweet it is.
    Egypt delays UN resolution on Israel as Trump raises concerns

43. deanbrh says:

Sundance, you surface THE most interesting and important information we might never see without you. And your photos with each essay are always truly inspired. God Bless you for being you. Thank you so much. Merry Christmas to you and All whom you love. Isn’t it soooooo fun to say Merry Christmas again!

44. Yeoman says:

Thank you for sharing such a personal story supporting the integrity of a man few of us have had the pleasure to know personally.

45. Wingman says:

Emily Roden is what I would call an otherwise intelligent person. Great story by a very cognizant person but she ruined it by admitting she didn’t vote for Trump. Her alternative was Hildabeast-a corrupt future felon, Gary Johnson- a libertarian that couldn’t put the bong down long enough to make a sensible statement and Jill the commie Stein. She reminds me of someone who couldn’t accept that her political idealisms have turned so far off of the map that the everyday working man has been passed over in lieu of minorities and those of deviant sexual orientations for the sake of additional votes.

46. Bob Thoms says:

Denton, Texas is Texas 26th Congressional district which elected Dick Armey as their representative 1995 to 2003. I always like Dick Armey, the early years. But he seemed to go off the rails later in life. An economist, free trader and author of Contract With America.

Denton is rock solid conservative country It split 63%:35% Trump………..

47. decisiontime16 says:

“I witnessed the respect Tillerson commands firsthand. Almost a decade ago, as a young energy executive attending an industry conference in Madrid, I noticed that when King Juan Carlos of Spain addressed the audience, most attendees carried on their business – some paid attention, but most did not.

When Tillerson took the podium, the room fell silent, with attendees tuned in to his every word.”

48. pcockroft says:

Why are the government corrupts always one or more steps ahead! Is that what these Bilderburgers do at these numerous meetings? Antiglobalist need a plan not just a reaction to what they do as that is a sure formula for loosing our freedoms. Maybe a group from each American state could study , watch this group to counter, and developed an innovative plan to send the right people to congress. Trump cannot do it all . The political party was suppose to do some of this but again we have been infilitrated by globalist . These Bilderburgers invade all political aspects and we need to do the same. It is truly a fight and we need to win to keep our country or it will belong to them,the Muslims, the illegals,and whomever is here to control us.