…”and we will win, and you will win, and we will keep on winning, and eventually you will say we can’t take all of this winning, …please Mr. Trump  …and I will say, NO, we will win, and we will keep on winning”. ~ Donald Trump

It is jaw-dropping (to me personally), how many “conservative voices” cannot yet grasp the paradigm shift President-Elect Trump is creating within the architecture of government;  ie. competence and efficiency constructs to replace all prior political filters which were based on special interests, lobbyists, and corporate financial motivations.

Honey Badger Trump don’t give a s**t about all that came before, or customary norms, or the feelings of those within the systems being torn asunder.  Godzilla Trump is approaching this devoid of IOU’s and with a clear desk.

Donald Trump is building a team to execute an America-First agenda. Fullstop. Not to talk about it; not to consider the special interests of those within it; not to nuance, shift, nudge the proverbial action; not to meet with K-Street; not to negotiate a deal with Wall Street –  but rather to actually construct and implement a wide scale massive productive institutional change with all activity in government, with one guiding principle: what is in the American peoples’ largest and best interest.

price-verma

(New York, NY) – President-elect Donald J. Trump today announced his intent to nominate Chairman of the House Budget Committee Congressman Tom Price, M.D. (GA-06) as Secretary of the United States Department of Health and Human Services and Seema Verma as Administrator of the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services.

“Chairman Price, a renowned physician, has earned a reputation for being a tireless problem solver and the go-to expert on healthcare policy, making him the ideal choice to serve in this capacity,” said President-elect Trump. “He is exceptionally qualified to shepherd our commitment to repeal and replace Obamacare and bring affordable and accessible healthcare to every American. I am proud to nominate him as Secretary of Health and Human Services.”

seema-verma[…]  n addition to Chairman Price’s nomination, President-elect Trump announced his choice of Seema Verma, one of the leading experts in the country on Medicare and Medicaid, to serve as Administrator of the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services.

“I am pleased to nominate Seema Verma to serve as Administrator of the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services,” said President-elect Trump. “She has decades of experience advising on Medicare and Medicaid policy and helping states navigate our complicated systems. Together, Chairman Price and Seema Verma are the dream team that will transform our healthcare system for the benefit of all Americans.”

“I am honored to be nominated by President-elect Trump today,” said Ms. Verma. “I look forward to helping him tackle our nation’s daunting healthcare problems in a responsible and sustainable way.”  (read more)

Trump thumbs up

This is legendary stuff here folks.  Every angle considered, every person a specific selection, this is like having the best-on-planet executive placement service in charge of assembling America’s dream team.

~ Donald J Trump

It’s a vision.

This entry was posted in Donald Trump Transition, Election 2016, Legislation, media bias, Obamacare. Bookmark the permalink.

176 Responses to President Elect Trump Announces Tom Price HHS, and Seema Verma Admin For Medicare/Medicaid…

1. M33 says:

It is so foreign to me having been into an apologizing-American society, never knowing what truly winning meant.
    It is so strange and yet… truly wonderful!
    I can hardly believe any of this is really happening… and in my lifetime!!!

2. Albertus Magnus says:

Amen!

And I am STILL not tired of winning!

3. deedee says:

But. but… Donald Trump hates women! Treats them like garbage!! (Do I need a sarcasm tag here?)
    So glad to see him appoint WOMEN.. not dowdy radical dykes, there for revenge on the white man…

• Octavian says:

He’s also a racist. How is it possible that he would appoint not 1, but two women to his cabinet, both of them visible minorities? How??? Splodey heads everywhere these days.

• maiingankwe says:

Octavian,
        They will of course ignore the obvious. We won’t hear about how diverse his cabinet is just as we didn’t hear of the diverse group of people who work for him in his companies.

I despise these msm puppets, and when it seems they cannot get any worse, they prove me me wrong again and again. I would ask how they sleep at night, but I know their pockets full of cash certainly helps with the conviction there is no God, and therefore they are free to do as they will without any repercussions in the here after.

Thank goodness Trump is far smarter and always steps ahead. Thank goodness he is on our side, and thank goodness there is a God.

I know it may take time, but I do believe and predict more and more people will see the goodness of Trump and how valiantly he is fighting for all of us. God bless America, God bless Trump.

• impressive – donnie john is filling positions with wonderfully qualified people who get it done…. at the same time he’s checking a lot of “woman” boxes, “non-white” boxes – a real American cross section of talent. even some nods to talented RINOS.
      of course, he can – and will – fire any of these hires at the drop of an assignment.

• CathyMaga says:

Ahahahaha…exactly.

4. Big Jake says:

And what of Gobbler’s wife being put forward as Transportation Secretary?

What should we make of that?

5. Patriot1783 says:

Isn’t it great to see “worker bees” get rewarded for their past accomplishments??

6. Concerned Virginian says:

God help us, I hope Ms. Seema turns the CMS (Centers for Medicare/Medicaid Services) around.
    My husband just got his 2017 Medicare premiums summary yesterday. The premiums are higher AND some bureaucrat decided that “he makes too much money”—so, since the Medicare A/B premiums come out of his Social Security check, HIS MONTHLY S.S. AMOUNT GOES DOWN on January 1, 2017. I bet this is happening with MILLIONS of Medicare/Medicaid recipients.
    And, by the way, the Social Security “cost of living” adjustment for 2017? It’s a whopping .03%. Because “inflation” is officially SO LOW.

• Bostonian says:

Hopefully they both will help stop the Medicare sequester on physicians. We take a 2% penalty on every Medicare line item we bill for. So many good physicians have retired or stopped taking Medicare patients due to the penalties imposed by Medicare.

• Concerned Virginian says:

Yes. And the remaining physicians who still DO see Medicare/Medicaid patients are being maneuvered into a position of spending LESS TIME with each patient in order to cover their costs. Doesn’t ANYBODY in the CMS realize that the Hippocratic Oath commands, “Do no harm”?

• herbork says:

Virginian (me, too, by the way), the Oath also forbids abortions. I hear many medical schools don’t mention that proviso to students anymore. You know, it’s sort of like law schools no longer teaching private property rights. sigh

• annieoakley says:

Oh yeah. I got it too. SS has been trying to find a way to penalize me for working as a substitute teacher while raising my children and with my ex making $100,000 + per year.
      They finally did it, now I Have to get one of those loans on my home and a job.

• Also, Concerned, it gets worse. If your (or my) Medicare A/B gets bigger than our SS checks, the CMS can and WILL reach into your bank account and take out the difference. Last I saw that little factoid was buried on the last page of the multi-page Medicare and You book we get every year. As a footnote to a chart in the middle of the book.

7. Dan Patterson says:

Boom!
    Fort Sumter.

8. bulwarker says:

Seema Verma is an impressive choice when it comes to reform.

9. deedee says:

I just don’t get tired of saying… “Best election evah!!”

10. andi lee says:

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤ My President!

• andi lee says:

Did I mention I ❤❤❤❤❤❤❤ My President!?

AND

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤ My Governor!

😆😆😆😆😆😆😆

• petszmom says:

as much as i love texas, i don’t love abbott. i will never forget the trump fundraiser in san antonio back on june 21 where he decided he wasn’t going to be troubled to meet our next president. he hadn’t burned his legs yet so it was a snub imho. he sent dan patrick instead and that showed me that he wasn’t a trump man. he backed teddy cruz from the get go and i will always remember his betrayal to texas because the entire state republican apparatus was affected/infected. if he had backed trump, texas wouldn’t have gone to cruz in the primary. i know texas went for trump in the general but i will hold a grudge thru the next gubernatorial election. so there. just because.

• andi lee says:

Govenor Abbott is very humble in a Texas sort of way. Love him to pieces for restoring much of the damage brought on by the Perry Dynasty and Federal overreach, is still a continuous fight. (Our AG is another story of lofty shenanigans)

I respect Gov decision for backing Cruz when thought was Cruz had a chance. If it wasn’t for Sundance and the Treehouse bringing sunlight, I myself, was teetering in Cruz corner back in the day.

11. India Maria says:

LOSING is habit forming. Lot’s of our Patriotic allies are really having trouble WITHDRAWING from the Losing addiction. Cold Turkey is usually the quickest, most definitive path. A little hand-wringing, some sweats, lots of whining…..But VICTORY in the end.

12. Dekester says:

It is possible you fine Americans are unable to fully realize the magnitude of DJT’S victory. These powerful appointments are shaking up the world.

Up here in Canada our pathetic PC politicians are s******g themselves. I closely follow politics in my native U.K., and the leftist globalists there are frantic.

Well done to all the DJT supporters. You have given many in the non PC world great comfort.

13. Sandra Esterline says:

Let us hope his ability and willingness to not fall victim to the DC and government in general trap of ‘patting backs’ and ‘padding bottoms’ continues. Let us pray for his safety as he attempts to crack that ‘glass ceiling’ of the HIllary’s and Bill’s of the world.

• notamemberofanyorganizedpolicital says:

Trump would only have to overcome a lifetime of developing and using “GOOD HABITS” if he did that.

AIN’T GONNA HAPPEN!

• Betty says:

Hillary and Bill have nothing, there is nothing to crack. Proof is when Castro died PE Trump tweeted the unvarnished truth while others posted their saccharine nonsense.

Those others have now back peddled their BS – and from now on they will wait to give their opinion, on any subject, till after Donald Trump Tweets.

14. Guffman says:

Finally, a President who awards positions based on merit and virtue, and not cronyism and self-interest. The video below is one of my favorite Milton Friedman clips of all time, and I never thought I’d see the day where he would be proven wrong in regard to political appointments – but it seems that day has finally arrived. I wish Milton were alive to see Donald Trump assume leadership and control of the United States of America.

• Voltara says:

Always great to watch Friedman in action. Nobody has ever explained the truths of freedom and individual liberty as well. He was unbeatable in debate. It also shows how things have declined in western society that this type of discussion was common on daytime talk shows 30 years ago where all we see today are vacuous self-promoting celebrities.

People are still commenting on politics through a pre-Trump lens. The media, the experts and the swamp things are still trying to make President Elect Trump’s agenda fit their own deleted template. His agenda is about results, not power. It will take the critics and brow-beaten conservatives a while to understand.

• piper567 says:

when I was a kid, Bob Hope went to the U.S.S.R when folks did not do that. At the time he had a Sunday night show.
        When he got home, the next Sunday he did a little monologue on his trip.
        He said folks asked him if there was a language problem.
        He said, No. there was no language problem: the universal language is greed. (!) I remember that had quite an effect on me: my Dad and I talked about what he had said for quite a while.

15. Andrew E. says:

Hmm, still now word from anyone in the Trump camp about using existing anti-trust laws to break up the medical monopolies to drop costs 60-80% without needing any new Congressional legislation. Health care accounts and tort reform will not get the job done.

• Sunflower says:

Did you make this recommendation to Trump? He’s got a Web site for these kinds of things, you know!

• Somebody says:

I’ve been on that anti-trust soap box for years. It would go a long way toward fixing things, but most people just stare blankly if you mention it.

Another soap box I get up on has to do with prescription drugs. Pass simple price gouging legislation, nothing complicated just a simple bill. US citizens pay a premium, typically two to three times the price in other countries but can be ten times or more. It’s like a hidden tax or hidden foreign aid forced upon some of the weakest among us.

If we passed simple price gouging legislation on medications that would bring our prices down. They’d most likely go up in other countries, but that isn’t our problem. Simply pass legislation that a drug can’t cost more than X percent (125%), (150%), (110%)? Anyway X percent of the average cost in the top 10, 20 or 25 industrialized nations. Straight forward and simple.

A measure like that along with anti-trust, as well as a few other measures and cost would drop significantly for the average American. There would still be kinks like a high risk pool of some sort, but those can all be solved with the right people in charge.

• Please says:

Trump mentioned the Rx issue directly during campaigning. He said we could save $300B (with a ‘B’) by negotiating better with Rx suppliers. So expect something to happen on that front.

• That would be nice. I often wonder if my youngest child’s seizure meds are really 800/month (if no insurance) or if that is an inflated price.

• When people have to buy the drugs themselves the competition drives the price down. An example is the Gel-One arthritis drug for joint injection. Through insurance it is >$1K, if you price shop it is 1/2 that price. If we are allowed to import from Canada, India etc there will be even greater savings. As the marketplace readjusts the differentials between Countries will decrease.

• Check the many Canadian pharmacies for prices. You can get generics and even the identical compound for a fraction of the US price. At least you can for the cancer meds I take. I do have to pay for them myself, but sheesh! $400 instead of $7,000!!!

• cdquarles says:

That depends on the meds and the forms required. Patented medicines that are successes provide the R&D money that covers the failures and most of these are failures. Not all of these remain failures as new uses get found; but government interference in the process of finding these is becoming an issue (akin to the CON board crap). Medicine is as much an art as a science. What works for Mr. A may not work for Ms. B.

When I was involved in this, I was not surprised in the least to find out that it took half or more of the time from getting the patent (novel chemical, novel delivery method, or both, or new indication; and no, ‘cosmetic’ changes, as such, don’t or didn’t suffice to extend a patent) to market. Taking $1 billion or more and a decade or more from synthesis to formulation and through the testing process, each time, has to be covered by someone. Usually, the US folk pay for it; but sometimes others paid at a cost of lives.

Now about the effects of insurance, that one I blame FDR and the wartime wage/price controls. One way around those was the offering of employer benefits that not only got around the wage controls, it got around the wartime income taxes. Unions, naturally, pushed 1st dollar coverage. That wasn’t sustainable (I’d not want to be the actuary trying to do a net present value calculation on something that essentially had an infinite future payout if there weren’t limits). Couple that with the ‘progressive’ idea that Joe Public didn’t know what was good for him but ‘altruistic’ politicians and bureaucrats did, well, we know how well that works. Where I live, the state will take an insurance company into receivership the day said company’s assets can’t generate enough lifetime cash flow to cover lifetime expenses, and the company must get the political insurance commission to approve any rate changes up or down. The commission might approve it if you could show that ongoing asset to liability match wasn’t going to get out of line.

Fast forward to today. No one pays (not exactly literally) full price for anything in the medical system. Suppliers figure out what their cash flow needs will be and price accordingly, knowing that no institution will pay 100% and most of the public won’t either (government is included in the institution definition). They all negotiate discounts and those get presented as take-it-or-leave-it. Thus the MDs that get tired of fighting to get paid, facing possible criminal charges for filing false claims when the big G boys decide, retroactively, that they aren’t going to cover something.

I’ll put it to you this way. If I need to get $60 to cover the bills on the margin; but if I charge $60 I’ll only get a fraction of that, from none at all to maybe $40 weeks to months later, what do you think I’ll charge to get the $60?

• Again I think you don’t have personal experience in the medical field. Your suggestion on drug price fixing is sophomoric. Any time you try and control pricing you distort the market place. Who has the expertise to decide 150% of what base. Its just like raising taxes on corporations, they just pass the cost along. Businesses can manipulate their cost base. Not to mention the R&D costs for the drugs that are successful & more importantly those that aren’t. Those costs need to be absorbed.

The first most important aspect of price control is not legislation it’s competition. Open the insurance marketplace across state lines and allow people to buy healthcare policies that cover the things they want covered. Some people will want soup to nuts others bare bones. Decrease the useless burdensome regulations and Government intrusion that has caused costs to sky rocket. Malpractice reform to decrease frivolous suits. For drug prices a carrot & stick would work better to get cooperation from the companies, such as a longer patent period on new drugs, a less byzantine process to get new drugs approved, which would drop costs for the companies.

• Janie M. says:

growltiggerknits, it is my understanding from various articles I have read over the past few years that drug companies are able to extend the patent periods of their profitable older drugs by adding a simple cosmetic feature. This prevents generic drug makers from producing those drugs. I was particularly interested in Asacol which was prescribed for my Crohn’s. In approximately 2003, I inquired at my local pharmacy (Walgreen’s) about the monthly cost w/o insurance and was informed it would be $800 a month. Talk about sticker shock. As of 2015, the generic version was still awaiting FDA approval.

• cdquarles says:

Asacol for Crohn’s? When did it get the indication for that? I recall that one being for Ulcerative colitis (which I’ve suffered from since 1997 and ultimately suffered disabling complications). Anyway, when I started meds for Ulcerative Colitis (UC), I was spending $250 a week out of pocket for one medication that was part of a multiple drug regimen, back in ’97. Since then, I’m mostly on sulfasalazine (but not all can take that, for many have sulfa allergies or salicylic acid allergies) these days. That one runs me about $50 per 90 day supply.

Anyone suffering from intestinal conditions be aware of the risks of vitamin deficiency.

• Janie M. says:

I believe, cdquarles, I was initially prescribed Asacol in the late 90’s. It is my drug of choice as it controlled symptoms and no noticeable side effects. On a follow up visit to my GI doc at Hines VA Hospital in January, 2016, he prescribed Humira, saying I was past the Asacol stage. I received it but did not want to take it – its been sitting in my fridge for all these months. I had read the warnings of potential side effects at the FDA site and don’t think the risk is worth it, especially being a senior – hand and foot neuropathy, leukemia and cancer. When I get the opportunity to visit him again, I am going to insist on getting Asacol.

• DJT has to first get into office. He is building the mechanism which will do that and much much more to help the American people.

Also, maybe the Dept of Transportation is going to be eliminated or absorbed by an other dept. McConnels wife is uber wealthy, family has shipping vessels and such. I think one of her ships was caught smuggling drugs not that long ago. Trump may need to use her there to get some other names thru, that’s my thought.

• You are kidding right? The hospitals are banding together to survive because the reporting requirements & regulations are killing them.

• notamemberofanyorganizedpolicital says:

There is WAY TOO MUCH money going into the “health care industry.”
      (There’s a misnomer if ever there was one.)

In my small city, two large Catholic hospitals have “overbuilt” physical structures imo (from what info I’ve gathered) Both now have half a dozen or more new locations in totally new buildings just within the county limits. A regular, for-profit clinic, now has 2 or 3 brand new locations.

It’s easy to tell when they’re offering custom-made, no-time limits visits with a doctor – on medical appointments for their health care plans…well it just tells you they’ve overspent and now are hurting for money.

• Your Tour Guide says:

There’s a circle jerk going on between insurance companies, hospital chains, and bondits. When the HMOs shop their contracts around, they generally go to whomever has
        the newest, shiniest, bells and whistles -est facility. Cost be damned. Sooooo the hospitals are falling all over themselves bond mortgage financing more bricks and mortar taj ma halls.
        Downside occurs after about 3 years when the expected occupancies don’t come up to snuff, and the bills start coming do. That’s when the staffing is blamed as the problem,
        and lay offs occur.

• Multiple new buildings with tons of expensive new technology are built by the hospital industry so the price fixing regulators will include those expenses in cost calculations which precede prices for visits and stays.
        I caught on to this when I covered the utility industry, which also gets to calculate per kW cost using all of the utility company’s expenditures as the cost basis. More complicated than that, but that’s the simplest explanation.

16. Ron says:

It’s not that hard to figure out, folks. McConnell is who he is, and you have to deal with it…. so how do you deal with it?

One way is you hire his wife to do something like Transportation Secretary. She’s qualified, and now Trump has the woman who runs McConnell’s life working for him.

If McConnell gets out of line, Trump calls her on the phone and gets her to cut him off.

17. “It is jaw-dropping (to me personally), how many “conservative voices” cannot yet grasp the paradigm shift President-Elect Trump is creating within the architecture of government;”

O they see it alright, they’re just on the other side of it. JEALOUSY is a powerful spirit. They don’t agree with God on His choice, after all “they are more worthy.”

• LBB says:

Yep, to watch our elite (snobs) in the media & politics has been a sight to behold. I often hear Jeb’s voice , come on man, when others (both side of the aisle) speak their mumbo jumbo.

During the course of the election year, it was also becoming clear, those most opposing Trump (not the money powers, but folks) felt he crossed a sacrilegious line in their mind.
      Whether institutional or vulgarity, it closed their minds to him instantly.

Trump taking the system down to bare bones (constitutional and what salvageable) and will rebuild on our really solid foundation and MAGA.

Can’t wait to see the finished product !

18. mg says:

Romney has no business any where near D.C. It is repulsive to me that he has the ear of POTUS elect.

19. I’ve totally given up on predicting who will be tapped for which spot, trying to determine the wisdom of any one particular choice, or even trying to discern the overall plan.

I’m just going to wait for Jan 21st, and Trump’s first round of announcements concerning the roll back of Barack Obama’s executive actions. While I wait, I think I’ll just try to picture what I believe America should look like when he’s done, and see what I believe he will need to do to get us there.

#MAGA

• Jim Rogers says:

A very fair assessment, letjusticeprevail2014, and one we all should/must heed! Above all else, President-elect DJT is the first “asymmetrical” political figure of our time [perhaps in American history]. It’s not only the exploding heads of the Democrat party and the shocked-and-awed mainstream media who are nonplussed and unable to predict who/what’s next, it us, too! Only DJT and a few intimates, [very few] are dealing with reality. We will know when we’re told! All else is speculation….. Wait for January 20th or 21st? Of course! We have no choice. But how delicious it is to watch [and hear] it all evolve!!!

• annieoakley says:

His Choices are not written in Stone! Should someone disappoint they can be fired.

• Political Reviewer says:

Speaking of Trump’s first full day in office on Jan. 21st, I can’t wait to hear Trump give his inauguration speech on Jan. 20th. No doubt it’s going to be a real barn burner, and there will be splodey heads all across the country. It will be a truly magnificent day.

20. Pam says:

It’s really great to see the team is moving forward so quickly. Pence just gave a quick presser and said that at least one more announcement is coming today.

21. ECM says:

Kris Kobach for DHS!

22. I’m so excited to be alive and able to witness history in the making.

23. Pam says:

Here’s confirmation of my earlier post:

24. Three cheers for competency and efficiency!

May it ONLY be that for the next 8 years so that The People will see that it should only be that ever again!!

May we never forget that everything other political and government construct only leads to destruction.

25. Garrison Hall says:

“Honey Badger Trump don’t give a s**t about all that came before, or customary norms, or the feelings of those within the systems being torn asunder.”

Let’s hope so. Let’s also hope that message is resonating with Pence and Priebus who give every impression of making a very strong effort at supporting Romney for secretary of state. To be sure, Trump knows full well that the “republican controlled congress” is still tightly linked to the UniParty and so making an accommodation with them makes sense. But doing that also invites a long slide down the slippery slope the UniParty uses to co-opt its opponents. I cannot see that anything in Romney’s personal character or politics is in any way congruent with either the insurgency or with Trump. That both Pence and Priebus are supporting Romney is highly suspicious to me. In thinking about this I’m reminded of the piece of Vietnam era doggerel . . . Being paranoid doesn’t mean there isn’t someone out there trying to kill you.

26. It’s like your favorite football team (or any team) I am faithful to my team but there are players on the team that I do not like. We’re rooting for the whole team not individual players. American wins as a team, we only lose when we are divided as the Demrats want us to be. Oh, and yes, best election ever!

27. I’m loving the transparency of POETUS Trump’s transition team. The pundits just cannot accept the fact that this POETUS allows his team members to speak publicly and give their personal opinion.
    I especially love POETUS Trump’s tweets directly to we the people with his personal opinions. He’s not indicating anything radical, he’s stating opinions that the majority of Americans have held for years and were ignored.
    Hope he continues to express himself, openly and honestly, to all; which will end all doubt about who is in charge.

28. parteagirl says:

I think you all will like the interview featured in tonight’s Your Voice Radio- a healthcare pioneer with a fascinating story about Hillary Clinton from the early 90’s. Also featured on tonight’s program is the ever popular BLUTO’S TAKE!! Yay!

29. i'm just sayin'.. says:

What a hopeful time!

30. Stringy theory says:

I’m lovin’ it!!

31. Albertus Magnus says:

Donald Trump is earning our trust and respect and everyone who supported him should recognize this. It is all I can do to keep from seeing his election as nothing short of a miracle and direct intervention from God.

To the naysayers, I ask you to consider these appointments:

1) Priebus as CoS: When the party was divided during the campaign, who was it that was able to keep Trump AND the GOPe together enough to ACHIEVE AN HISTORIC ELECTORAL WIN? Seems to me that he is the PERFECT choice for this position since he is Ryan’s buddy and Trump NEEDS the GOPe to get his agenda and appointments through Congress;
    2) Chao as Transportation Sec: Trump has a BIGLY agenda that will blow many fiscal conservatives’ minds regarding rebuilding our national infrastructure. Chao seems like the PERFECT choice to handle that advocacy, doesn’t she?
    3) Nikki Haley to UN: Puts her in a place where she cannot damage anything and out of SC, where the LT Governor, an EARLY, KEY Trump backer gets control of state government and the state GOP party. Good news for Trumpers and bad news for GOPe fools like Graham who will have a primary;
    4) DeVos as Ed Secretary: I know that Common Core is the hottest issue in education currently, but the biggest, more important goal for changing our COUNTRY is to get rid of the public educational system’s control of our children’s minds by implementing school choice. DeVos is the LEADING GOP voice in this effort.
    5) Flynn and McFarland as Security advisors: Focus on ISIS and terrorism, not Neo-con wars;
    6) Bannon as Advisor: You people miss Karl Rove?
    7) Sessions as AG: TBH, never thought I would live long enough to actually see a cabinet appointment that would bring me to tears. This one did. Outside of saving us from Hillary, this is by far the greatest gift Trump is giving those of us that love our country.

Hate Romney. I HATE HIM. It is my hope that Trump is actively considering him since, if press reports are correct that Ryan, Pence and Priebus all were pushing Romney for this, to show Ryan, Pence and Priebus that he actively values and considers their advice. However, I hope, he has allowed this to play out in the media by allowing his close advisors from the base (Conway, Hannity, Bannon, Gingrich, etc.) to stir up opposition to this pick so that R, P and P all recognize that Trump simply cannot go there. That is my hope. However, whatever he does, items 1-7 have more than earned my trust and support and I believe should be enough for ALL Patriots.

• Albertus Magnus says:

Sorry, meant to say I hope Trump is NOT actively considering Romney.

• Beenthere says:

Heard the little birdies say that Romney might manage Trump businesses. Apparently Trump kids like him for that position.

• NCPatrick says:

What?? Now wouldn’t that be interesting! Oh wow, would that ever dodge several bullets in one big surprise.

• Fake Nametag says:

Maybe he is actually going to liquidate his business. I seriously doubt he will, but who would be better at breaking up the Trump empire and receiving top dollar for the assets than Romney?

I doubt 99.99% that this would happen, but it is interesting to think about.

• MVW says:

Trump has had to continue navigation in the corrupt waters of DC with all the trickery of electoral vote certification and recounts. Bloomberg was reporting that Paul Manafort has continued to be pivotally active behind the scenes.

Trump seems to be dragging the shiny squirrel distraction of the Secretary of State to lead the hounds around the farm while he infills all the $ trillion dollar administrative selections.

What is the chance that SoS will be the last to be filled?

• SharonKinDC says:

Bonus for #3… Nikki Haley, w/ her religious upbringing is NOT going to roll over for the Sharia compliant UN. Yuge.

32. Toby Flenderson says:

Sundance –
    What steps are being taken to prevent Obamm from recess appointing Merrick Garland during the upcoming break?

33. svpolicy says:

With a name like Semen Vermin, she’s got to be good…

34. Bonitabaycane says:

Seema Verma? Does Senator Sacajawea approve the selection of a second Indian in the Trump Adminstration? 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂

35. I hope PE Trump stops this merry-go-round of my hard earned money. Government gives to the clean energy firms they give it back to the politicians in the form of donations and we get screwed.

• annieoakley says:

Government does exactly the same with Refugees and Planned Parenthood.

• mopar2016 says:

This refugee nonsense has got to stop.
        Too many religious organizations are taking big money and using it to import the enemy.
        That’s our money that they’re using to ruin our country.
        I’m not anti religion, I’ve prayed for years for someone like Mr. Trump to come along.
        But it’s time to put the interest of Americans first.

36. Lucille says:

Without even thinking of being PC, Donald J. Trump chooses the best who just happen to be an ethnic minority (Indian ancestry) and female. Lefties will, of course, hate both Verma and Haley for not having the wisdom to be democrat progressive. (sarc)

37. Southpaw says:

I still like (enjoy) the earlier theory someone posted on another thread. He is going to give him the fiduciary responsibility to run his business.

38. paulraven1 says:

Very pleased to hear Ms. Verma is a Sagamore of the Wabash.

39. Concerned says:

Trump is not just draining the swamp, he’s replacing the swamp with a big beautiful healthy lake. Or a big beautiful Trump resort swimming pool for those of you who prefer to be indoors. 🙂

• Concerned says:

Meanwhile, a legitimate case is pushed off to make room for this bogus crap.

• It’s time for all of us to redouble our prayers. This legal matter could either go away on Monday, Dec. 5 if the judge just throws out the peitition, or the thing could drag on and create havoc.
      BTW, I was so glad to hear that Mr. Manafort is still on the job!

40. Pam says:

41. fred5678 says:

Elaine Chao’s first job, since the FAA in under her purview, — restore 3 named navigation fixes

2010 — FAA career employee names 3 fixes after Trump, and two departures after Ivanka and Jimmy Buffett:

2015: FAA administration renames 3 “controversial” fixes:

• Concerned says:

Trump announced his candidacy on June 16 and some idiot at the FAA declared the fixes controversial on July 9? Oh boy. Jimmy Fallon, Lebron James, and Jimmy Buffet are fine but a politician (and now our next President!) hated by the Dems and Gopes is not fine. And he was only not fine when he became a candidate. I get it. 🙂

#WeStillWon

42. Elspeth says:

Sundance,
    Any word on USDA? Secy Ag?

43. Sentient says:

IMO, the 3 big issues in this election were:
    1) ending illegal immigration
    2) reversing globalism
    3) avoiding stupid foreign wars.
    Hillary was on the wrong side of all 3 and Trump was on the right side. Among the other big issues were healthcare reform – especially points 5 & 7 of Trump’s proposals. https://www.donaldjtrump.com/positions/healthcare-reform/ It makes little sense to fret about how healthcare costs will be paid (insurance, Medicaid, Medicare, cash, etc.) if you’re not doing anything about reducing the cost itself. Blogger Karl Denninger is worried that points 5 & 7 are being set aside. https://market-ticker.org/akcs-www?post=231696 Denninger may be unfairly assuming that just because Tom Price isn’t already on record for wanting to eliminate price disparity and for allowing pharmaceutical reimportation that Trump won’t press for those changes. It is important to make sure that we emphasize that we want those changes made in order to chop healthcare costs radically.

• graphiclucidity says:

Denninger is great on this subject.
      He’s right, numbers don’t lie and they don’t have a political agenda, they just are… facts.

44. mopar2016 says:

I heard that Mr. Trump is looking for a way to stop people from legally burning the American flag.
    It’s been legal since 1989, and I think that it’s disgusting!

I hope that he can do something about people burning our country too.
    I believe that most of these fires are intentionally set by people that hate America.
    Israel is being systematically burned too.
    Enough is enough.

45. Pam says:

46. alliwantissometruth says:

You said it all in this post Sundance

For the first time in many, many decades, our system of government will be run for the benefit of the American people. President Trump will be running our country like one of his businesses, with an eye on the bottom line & profit driven goals

Only this time the bottom line is taxpayer dollars & profit is what we the people get out of it

The disbelief & angst Sundance delves into here is simply the first of the many massive special interest dominoes falling. There’s many more dominoes to fall, & fall they will when a cunning & focused leader with no favors due slices & dices the “grand old backroom boys” network

Just imagine for a second, the true awesome power of our government being unleashed to benefit no one but the “little people”. Think what could get done. Think of the cornucopia of advantages the people will experience when the feeding trough of the corrupt pigs is removed

Oh yeah baby, stay clear of those special interest dominoes, because they’re going to be falling & falling hard

• I sincerely hope you have just gotten carried away with the joy of the moment, alliwant, with your reference to “…the true awesome power of our government being unleashed …”

Didn’t you intend to say, ” …the true awesome power of our people being unleashed…?”

47. angryduc says:

This Verma the second India representative in Trumps administration which seems to fill the global boxes yet not a single Native American Indian has even considered for a position to my knowledge. It’s wonderful Verma got to go to John Hopkins foc …. that is unless you are an American who wanted to go to John Hopkins and didn’t get to go because you weren’t advised to check an ethnicity box. India is happy. http://theindiandiaspora.com/news-details/indian-achievers/primary-news/seema-verma-second-indian-american-to-make-it-to-trumps-dream-team.htm

No doubt Verma is smart with that foc John Hopkins education, but why hasn’t she taken her skills back to India to help their overwhelmed population? Trumps pic’s to run our government are beginning to look like a UN council. The Chinese and India populations are well represented. What about giving opportunity to the people native to this country who don’t hold split loyalties? Would it be horrible if someone were chosen that went to a normal state University?

How will this shut down the MASS import of people from India and China and everywhere else when 100 million American’s jobs?