November 8th – ELECTION DAY – 2016 Presidential Election – Open Discussion

In an effort to keep the Daily Open Thread a little more open topic we are going to start a new daily thread for “2016 Presidential Politics”. Please use this thread to post anything relating to the Presidential Race and/or any of the candidates therein.

trump pence 6

This thread will refresh daily and appear above the Open Discussion Thread.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

1,326 Responses to November 8th – ELECTION DAY – 2016 Presidential Election – Open Discussion

1. Martin says:

General Election: Today
    Inauguration Day: 73 Days

2. Although we don’t have 88’s and MG 42’s raining down on our heads. The stakes are just as high today

Soldiers, Sailors and Airmen of the Allied Expeditionary Forces:

You are about to embark upon the Great Crusade, toward which we have striven these many months. The eyes of the world are upon you. The hopes and prayers of liberty-loving people everywhere march with you. In company with our brave Allies and brothers-in-arms on other Fronts you will bring about the destruction of the German war machine, the elimination of Nazi tyranny over oppressed peoples of Europe, and security for ourselves in a free world.

Your task will not be an easy one. Your enemy is well trained, well equipped and battle-hardened. He will fight savagely.

But this is the year 1944. Much has happened since the Nazi triumphs of 1940-41. The United Nations have inflicted upon the Germans great defeats, in open battle, man-to-man. Our air offensive has seriously reduced their strength in the air and their capacity to wage war on the ground. Our Home Fronts have given us an overwhelming superiority in weapons and munitions of war, and placed at our disposal great reserves of trained fighting men. The tide has turned. The free men of the world are marching together to victory.

I have full confidence in your courage, devotion to duty, and skill in battle. We will accept nothing less than full victory.

Good Luck! And let us all beseech the blessing of Almighty God upon this great and noble undertaking.

3. datagooroo says:

Republican and Independents are up at a higher % than Democrats compared to 2012 in battle ground states: https://whatthedatasays.com/2016/11/07/the-monster-vote-is-realtomorrow-will-show-it/

4. Texasranger says:

A Letter to Trump – The Monster Vote.!

Help Save America.! Stop Hillary Clinton, the Democrats and the RINOs from Destroying America.!

Lets Make America Great Again – MAGA……

Don’t Miss Your Chance to Vote….

Go Vote Trump-Pence For President Tuesday Nov-8-2016.!

Citizen Dale Video 2015:

5. Regina says:

6. Peoria Jones says:

Dear Ad Rem,

Please take the “pox” off me, in order that I may post tomorrow night. I’ve followed CTH for several years now, over several states of moving. Just tonight, I finally created an account in order that I might be able to celebrate with Treepers.

While I may be a stranger to you, many here feel like old friends to me – it’s an odd position to be in. Nonetheless, it appears I may be alone election night…and after all that has passed, I could really use the fellowship. Personally, I have so much at stake (though admittedly not trillions, heh) and would relish the opportunity to collapse amongst like minds and souls.

Our next battle begins November 9. Thanks for your consideration.

Peoria

• Ad rem says:

Welcome to the Tree House Peoria! 😀 WordPress only moderates your FIRST comment….after that, you’re free to go. Great to meet you, select a comfy branch, and we look forward to sharing some good conversation on election night. Hey, I might even talk Sundance into whipping up some of his world-famous s’mores too.

• I also seek to be de-poxed…. thanks.

• Peoria Jones says:

Oh, WOW, this thing works! THANK YOU! I know right where I’ll perch, and will bring some celebratory liquid refreshment. What goes with s’mores…Trump Champagne?

See you tomorrow…so glad to be here.

• Ad rem says:

OOOOO-YEAH….Trump Champagne!!! (You have just made yourself at least 1,000 friends with that comment.) 😀

• Peoria Jones says:

Honestly, I’m still not done. Just now, I heard back from a friend to whom I reached out. Female, Black, Chicago Dem serious voter. After hearing Trump’s Gettysburg speech (which I sent to her) she has just informed me she’s voting Trump tomorrow!

I’ve flipped some never-Trumpers, too. The truth will set you free.

• Just checkin’ out the ‘vibe’ from Election Day, 2016– Thanks for your apt description that helps make that moment so memorable!

• Peoria Jones says:

Wow, never expected a reply to a comment from nearly 3 years ago! Are you new here, or just new to posting? That was one heckuva night – will never forget it!

Funny, but I had a night schedule at that time and wanted to be approved to comment on election night with the “night crawler” crew. So glad to have been able to celebrate it with people who loved DJT as much as I. 🙂

• Am I new here? Nah, I’m ‘ancient’ here…

I was around ‘pre-Trayvon Martin’, lurking and reading. In 2015, the Trump for Republican Primary Candidate campaign inspired me to create an account at TCTH for commenting.

I did a lot of volunteer stuff for the DJT Presidential Campaign, so the months of July-November, 2016, are a happy, but lost, blur. I’ve finally found time (albeit a full three years later) to check what the atmosphere of the pre-election Trump Presidential Campaign was like, here at TCTH. Seems like it was way more active and much more civil. Everyone was united in an almost-unachievable mission to elect DJT; against the odds, we were a small part of the large whole that made it happen.

Your comment, “We have less than 24-hrs to keep working and get this thing done. Then we can rest.” summed that night up, perfectly; no sleep; it also revived lots of memories from the entire autumn of 2016.

I’m currently still enjoying media meltdowns from election night, 2016, on YouTube. OTOH, I don’t like not having something to read, so I’ve almost caught up with past CTH posts.

But sadly, the Dems have been nothing, if not consistent in their animus towards our President. They haven’t slowed down, at all, and I don’t want them to have the thrill of a 2020 defeat. They’ll be much more excited to beat PDJT, than to actually WIN the Presidency. We’ve gotta do this entire thing over again, and this time without the element of the surpirse-Monster-vote.

Glad you got CTH approval on such a historic day! Almost every day of POTUS45’s administration since election day, 2016, has been remarkable, in one way or another.

Here’s some early celebration for a winning night on Tuesday, November 3, 2020!

• Peoria Jones says:

We have a lot in common – I started reading for the Petraeus/Jill Kelley story, which was around the Trayvon time. Never was a social media type, so lurked until early morning election day – which was when I created my account and asked Ad rem to approve me, so I could participate that night. 🙂

2015 & ’16 were so much fun, politically. Some of the old vids are worth rewatching, too! Yes, it was more civil around here then – but, of course, this site has grown. That’s great, but it brings in waves of ne’er-do-wells and others who aren’t used to the civil discourse.

So neat to see someone else who’s been reading here for years, too. I just love CTH. Nice getting to know you, and I apologize for not recognizing your username, ha!

• PreNanny says:

While I do not think I am poxed, am guessing it is like checking for ticks. If I am, fire away I trust your aim 😉

• lawrencepaul1 says:

Good morning Ad rem. Have a great day.

• deplorabledaveinsocal says:

I have found at times I may have been alone, I have never felt lonely here…

• aur1640 says:

This is my first source of news and tidbits next to Drudge. I’m glad you’ve never felt alone here. So have I!! Let’s be at peace in our nice cozy branch…

• Disgusted says:

Peoria, What do you mean by maybe “Collapsing?” You mean with joy, I hope!

• NCPatrick says:

Hi Peoria! nice to meet you and you’re right — tonight is probably not a night to be alone if you can avoid it. All of us here are so invested in Trump’s victory I find myself crying for no reason at all. Welcome aboard!

• Paul Killinger says:

You won’t be alone on Election night. Millions of us will be sitting beside you watching the beginning of a new dawn in America. Bless you, stranger.

7. citizen817 says:

This is what this election comes down to

8. progpoker says:

Dixville Notch goes Clinton 50% – 25% (4 – 2)

1 Romney write-in. What does this mean??

9. citizen817 says:

TRUMP IS SECRETARIAT!
    “Secretariat is moving like a tremendous machine!”
    And Trump’s Work Ethic is a tremendous machine in action and policy proposals for US to MAGA!

10. Michael says:

Here we are, folks. The Big Day. Let’s get out and vote for Trump!

11. TrumpIllinois2016 says:

Here’s my take based on what I’m hearing:

Trump wins by taking FL, NC, OH, PA, MI, IA, NV, CO, NJ, NH, VA, OR, and 1 electoral vote in Maine.

Clinton wins Arizona (through fraud).

Everything else stays the same.

Prove me wrong about Arizona–reach out to all your friends and family.

12. keebler AC says:

ALL HANDS ON DECK! A lot of voters stay undecided until the day of the vote. Help them out!

After you vote early along with your MAGAX3, there is still time to round up and remind people to go vote Trump, or stay home to not vote Hillary and save themselves time. Tell them all real polls point to a Trump win, not the “media polls” and it won’t even be close. We need to SEND A MESSAGE OF MANDATE LOUD AND CLEAR to Congress because that is the next challenge to get help Trump.

• keebler AC says:

Hillary’ entire private career before Arkansas and spanning her political career has been about creating conflict and war. She does not know anything else. She cannot build relationships. The Russian Re-set catalyzed the Ukrainian War. Hillary’s claim to fame is destruction and division, and then blaming it on right-wing conspiracies since Bill’s Monica Lewinski affair.

“Clinton is one of the biggest war mongers the country has,” an anti-war organizer tells MintPress News as the candidate’s popularity sinks to record lows ahead of Election Day.

Both Democrats and Republicans want no more wars!

• Dave Radetsky says:

That’s true of the citizens when it comes to Dems and Republicans not wanting war, but the party leadership, the UniParty, definitely want more war, but they’d never admit it publicly.

• Only the UniParty want war. Americans want Peace for a change! Peace through strength.

• Bull Durham says:

After Trump wins, Putin will invite him to come to Sochi, or St. Petersburg for a chat. They’ll sound each other out about two topics, ISIS and Iran, and maybe North Korea.
        Then, they will announce that shortly after Jan. 20th, the General Staffs of both militaries will meet and plan the war against ISIS, AQ and the Taliban.
        They will get along very well.

• Paul Killinger says:

Even Jill Stein, rhe Green party candidate, is supporting Trump over Hillary. She outspokenly says electing Hillary could mean Nuclear War!

• Paul Killinger says:

Tell them we can win if THEY vote for Trump!

• Michael says:

I don’t know if I’ll sleep at all tonight, honestly. I’m excited and nervous at the same time. Polls open at 6am here in Virginia. That’s a little over 5 hours away.

• Dave Radetsky says:

You need to try to get things out of your mind and rest. If you think tonight will be long, I’m betting tomorrow will be worse. I don’t think the media will give up easily so they will probably drag the results out deep into the night. I’d recommend exercise. It’ll help clear your head and get you to rest. I would not watch any TV or read anything political (including CTH) if you’re too wound up. Focus on something else and allow yourself to forget about it for a while. Have a good night!

• NickD says:

I’m having trouble, but I’ll need to get some sleep tonight to fight through tomorrow night

• Bree says:

Not me. Too excited.

• Grace Anne says:

Not me. My wake up time seems to be about 2 am the past couple of months. Our day is finally here.

13. azgulch says:

I don’t know if this is the right place to post this, since tomorrow is sooo important.

SInce when have we have a Sec. of State that was so important that she destroyed a country( Libya), killed it’s dictator, and destabilized the entire region, just to enhance her resume to run for the presidency?

This is just one sick and twisted woman that needs to be in a sycho ward.

14. we300 says:

Fellow patriots! Our day has arrived. I just want to say thank you to all of you. I’m just about a month into CTH and you’ve made such an incredible difference in my mindset, and life, already. You’re all so inspirational and I feel beyond blessed to have found you.

For the first time in many years, I have hope. For myself, for my family, for my country. The last 8 years have been devastating to me on a personal level as well as on a patriotic level. I will never forget the first time I saw Barack Obama on television in 2007. He literally made my skin crawl and I knew we had entered the time of the Great Battle, where our enemies are indeed powers and principalities of the Evil One and those who serve him. Like HRC.

And so on this truly historic election, we are now in God’s hands. We have taken the fight to the enemy in a profound way and we will persevere tomorrow and beyond. I’m so proud to “know” you all and to know that so many great Americans still hold to the hope that our country can be the wonderful place in which we grew up.

God bless DJT and his family. God bless Mike Pence and his family. God Bless you all and all those great patriots who are with us in battle. God Bless America.

15. Iron Lady says:

Anecdotal encouragement: I live at Ground Zero – Northeast Philadelphia. One Trump-loving 5th Grade granddaughter has said that many kids who used to like Hillary now like Trump. She thinks their parents have come around.

Another granddaughter’s teacher said he was for Hillary and the class broke out into a spontaneous “Trump rally”, chanting “Hillary for prison!” Four years ago just about every kid in our area was for B.O.

16. Regina says:

• TheLast Democrat says:

Wha? – Can this be substantiated at all? Did she or did she not appear as headliner over The Boss? Any photo or video?

• KBR says:

Words from Bruce Springsteen’s big hit go like this:

A man is talking to a “little boy”. He asks if the little boy’s mama is at home. When he discovers the boy is home alone, suddenly the man speaks of his flaming “bad desire.”

Read it again yourselves, in light of what we have discovered in this year. Open your eyes to truth.

Someone here said Springsteen didnt match her constituency. I have to say I disagree: many of her favorites appear to be pedophiles. A perfect match.

And by the way, his initials are BS.

• AmyB says:

Wow. I just looked up the lyrics to his song, “Desire”. You are so right. Sick.

• TheLast Democrat says:

Some of you are pretty far out there with the “pizza” conspiracy.
        The lyrics say “girl,” not boy.

Not even close.

• AmyB says:

Not true. Using Bing, the lyrics are shown and it says, “boy”. I don’t know anything about pizza but I can read.

• KBR says:

Showing results for lyrics i’m on fire bruce springsteen.
          Quote>
          Only you can cool my desire
          Oh oh ohh, I’m on fire
          Yeah, I’m on fire
          Oh oh ohh, I’m on fire
          Ohh oh oh, I’m on fire
          Songwriters: BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN
          © Sony/ATV Music Publishing LLC, Universal Music Publishing Group, Downtown Music Publishing
          For non-commercial use only.
          Data from: LyricFind <end quote

(NOTE the COPYRIGHT: So apparently this is the copywrighted original written by BS.)

I didn’t mention pizza. You did. I merely looked up the original copyrighted words from 1985. And brought them to attention in reference to Hillary’s relationship with at least one convicted (Weiner) and given her hubby’s trips to that island, possibly two pedophiles.

Make your own conclusions. But don’t call me liar.

17. citizen817 says:

Trump is at the crossroads of history.
    My prediction is that he is about to hit his ceiling. The ceiling of the Oval Office, that is!

18. ajbenius says:

We are currently winning the New Hampshire midnight vote, which Obama won in 2012

• Cornpops says:

So, Clinton won two of the towns and Trump 1. He got more votes but she won more towns (for now). Does that matter right now? Does that give her a bigger lead in the overall state?

19. Susan Owens says:

This is my first post here though everyone here has been keeping me sane for the past year….many thanks to all of you.
    I am praying that California leaves Clinton in the dust tomorrow….I am.

God bless all deplorables

20. citizen817 says:

The only thing I wish to see tonight when the polls close are the splodey heads of the MSM, the Establishment and Globalists worldwide!

21. Deplorable Marie says:

I am having some jittery nerves as I am off to sleep. Watching the final rally with Candidate Donald Trump. I appreciate the sanity of this site…

Let’s bring this home!
    #MAGA
    #NotWithHer
    #Trump2016

22. p'odwats says:

Trump just finished his speech at 1:07 AM and he still has a ton of energy. OK folks, it’s up to us now. Let’s not let him or our country down and I know at this tomorrow we’ll have him as our president elect! Let’s get to it!

23. Martin says:

24. Martin says:

• KBR says:

Big Joe, and Martin:

Words from Bruce Springsteen’s big hit go like this:

(Note that the song never mentions a woman but does begin with “little boy” and the rest of the verses are addressed to “baby.”)

Look up lyrics to “I’m on Fire” from 1985. Make your excuses if you want. But words matter.

I wouldn’t suggest singing this before you pray, folks.

• Atomic Betty says:

The lyrics are hey little girl, is your daddy home. Not that it makes it any better.

• KBR says:

Bing search: Nowhere does this mention a woman or girl. It goes straight from “little boy” to “baby”

I’m On Fire
          Only you can cool my desire
          Oh oh ohh, I’m on fire
          Yeah, I’m on fire
          Oh oh ohh, I’m on fire
          Ohh oh oh, I’m on fire
          Songwriters: BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN
          For non-commercial use only.
          Data from: LyricFind

25. chojun says:

I’ve done my part.

BTW, don’t you love the fortune I got? How appropriate is that!

26. Martin says:

27. TheLast Democrat says:

Sure, it may be true. But this is quite a far stretch. I don’t believe all of this “pizza” stuff.

But this a lot like the false scare of wide-spread “Satanic Ritual Abuse” that was oh so cool in the 1990s.

–In one case, the kids were saying there was underground chambers, and dead bodies buried on the grounds of that one day care in California, I think.

Well, an underground chamber, and buried bodies, sure sounds like something you could hang your hat on. Investigations found none of this. There was a major rumor in the Dallas area, supposedly with sacrificed babies, etc. No babies were missing, no DNA or bodies where the kids were saying they had been buried, etc.

Texas Monthly covered how it was debunked.

Child abuse, including sexual abuse, is terrible. But this is quite a flimsy case.

• TheLast Democrat says:

this was supposed to be under a post about the supposed DC se x rings. Maybe the post got pulled. feel free to pull mine.

28. Martin says:

29. psadie says:

MONSTER VOTE for TRUMP…GO TRUMP!!!

30. keebler AC says:

31. Finished watching his last rally. I think its safe to say “he gave it all he had” or as they say in sports “he left it all on the field”.

• velvetfoot says:

Totally agree. I recall he said something to the effect during the primaries in response to a question from the dishonest media: “well, I’m just going to keep my head down and keep on doing what I’m doing and give it my best shot”. I sure think he did.

His family and ‘surrogates’ (I hate that word) were also very classy.

• jrapdx says:

In Shakespeare’s “Merchant of Venice” each suitor for the lady’s hand must pick one of three containers, and if her picture is inside, he wins. Each one has an inscription. The first is gold, and bears ‘Who chooseth me shall gain what many men desire’. The second is silver, ‘Who chooseth me shall get as much as he deserves’. And the last is dull lead, ‘Who chooseth me must give and hazard all he hath.’ It was the leaden one that held the lady’s image.

A perfect metaphor of the the election. It was Clinton who was greedy, going for her desires, gold, power. The usual story. Several others believed they “deserved” to win, but got only the consolation prize. It was only Trump who is willing to “give and hazard all he hath”. It is the requirement for trust, love, true success.

You paid Trump the highest complement, I’m sure Shakespeare would concur.

32. Bull Durham says:

November 8th. Historic day in American History. Patriots Day.

33. deplorabledaveinsocal says:

Folks, good, bad, or indifferent, this has been one helluva ride. Up and down the hills, back wrenching side to side motion, whipsaw fast and other times grinding slow. While the car is stopped for a bit, I am gonna stretch and try to get the feeling back in my hands from holding on so tight. When it gets ready to go again, I think I am going to try to mosey up closer to the front…

No matter what happens, history has already been made. And with this new awakening, I cannot wait to see what happens next!

34. sunnydaze says:

An interesting thing about the Springsteen Concert (AKA Hillary Rally) tonite in Philly:

Apparently, they were handing out two signs: One says “USA”, the other is the “I’m with Her”.

Never saw the “USA” one before at her rallies. But that’s the one that 99% of the people chose to wave. VERY FEW “I’m with Her” signs.

bwahhahaha!

35. Mr.Right says:

A short break from the seriousness…

And you need more comic relief, stuttering Obama and Hillary is evil, might do it.

36. Athena the Warrior says:

Two posts from LC. A beautiful prayer called, “Lord, Hear Your Prayer”

“A Trump Worth 10,000 Words”

Let’s MAGA

CO
    Hillary wins:
    VA
    NV
    WI

38. LP says:

I am already celebrating MAGA (I’m 12 hrs ahead).

Wearing my red poppy for Remembrance Day, the eleventh hour, day and month when the guns of August finally fell silent and the nightmare closed and the hard task of rebuilding and healing began.

Americans shall rise to that challenge, all of us, so pack up your troubles in your old kit bag and smile, smile smile.

Boots on the ground, march on and VOTE!

39. Jon Fishman, drummer for the band Phish which is based in VT, was a very vocal, visible supporter of Bernie Sanders. Today he posted on Facebook that he was voting for Hillary, while calling Trump a sociopath. Despite Phish’s fanbase being overwhelmingly liberal, he got absolutely hammered in the comments. As a Trump-supporting Phish phan that was most gratifying to see.

40. Ace says:

Concede Mrs. Clinton!

41. Peter says:

Just back after our last Trump rally in Grand Rapids, MI. uncle Ted was there. Patriotism was everywhere. 18000 was low, more like 21000, friends were stuck outside, didn’t get in.

Trumps message for Michigan was strong, received well. Liked Pence.

The energy at 1:00am on Election Day….just whoa.