Ivanka Trump was interviewed by CBS This Morning and discusses the New York Times political hit piece against her father, candidate Donald Trump:

Ivanka at work

This entry was posted in Cultural Marxism, Desperately Seeking Hillary, Donald Trump, Election 2016, media bias, Political correctness/cultural marxism, Sexism - To Promote Hillary, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

126 Responses to Ivanka Trump Responds To New York Times Hit Piece on Her Father – Interview With CBS This Morning…

1. JoAnn Leichliter says:

Gèe, do you suppose CBS News will be asking Chelsea Clinton about HER father any time soon? Any time at all?

2. Ann Coulter did a devastating hit piece on Donald Trump’s relations with women here. Whoops. I mean Bill’s and Hillary’s.

She did have this to say about Trump, however:

Let’s just go back to the Times‘ story, based on months of investigation and interviews with hundreds of women. I’ll give it to you straight: When Trump was at the New York Military Academy as a teenager, one person who knew him said — and this is corroborated by two other witnesses: “Donald was extremely sensitive to whether or not the women he invited to campus were pretty.”

I almost threw up reading that. I am physically ill.

• moe2004 says:

Ohhhh, Donald liked pretty women, the horror!

• Sherlock says:

From today’s Washington Post. Ed Rendell call over-half of American women ugly.

“Will [Donald Trump] have some appeal to working-class Dems in Levittown or Bristol? Sure. For every one he’ll lose 1½ , two Republican women. Trump’s comments like “You can’t be a 10 if you’re flat-chested,” that’ll come back to haunt him. There are probably more ugly women in America than attractive women. People take that stuff personally.”

— Ed Rendell, a surrogate for the Hillary Clinton campaign

• sayit2016 says:

Shocker… Healthy American male like pretty women. call the cops !

• hocuspocus13 says:

KNOCK THE CRAP OFF…💁

MEN LIKE PRETTY GIRLS

WOMEN LIKE SUCCESSFUL MEN

• lastConservinIllinois? says:

Although I never attended military school, I am absolutely guilty of the same ‘injustices to women’.
      When I was young, if you were a female and you weren’t pretty, I didn’t spend much time chasing after you (and there are millions of women all the better off these days because of that fact ……..)

The horror!!!!

• 123loulou says:

Tell me why you almost threw up. That is a strange reaction to a boy liking pretty girls. It wasn’t as if he liked pretty boys. I have never heard of that reaction from someone. I have listened to and read about this news story. I have listened to and read about the women they interviewed say that their words were twisted around. I believe the women over the news paper. In one interview of the reporters a question was asked of them and they said everything else but answer the question. To me that is sneaky and they are hiding something. So tell me what exactly what made you almost throw up and why do you believe the story as written?

• Keln says:

If anyone really thinks Trump is so shallow as to only be interested in how a woman looks, they aren’t paying attention. Look at his past wives and girlfriends. He’s worse than just wanting a pretty girl. He wants the whole package. They have to be intelligent too. That’s horrible!

• PatriotKate says:

May late husband was in manufacturing for almost 40 years from the 1960’s until his death in 2001 and was in upper management most of that time. He was also big on choosing, mentoring and promoting women. He mentored me in my sales career. One of those women who started out as his “secretary” is now the Mayor of our City. He used to tell me that it was just as easy to hire a good-looking, smart woman as it was the less attractive ones and he never, ever felt guilty given the choice.

The only reason they started the War on Women is because they knew that Hillary, just like Obama, would be immensely unpopular. They planned to accuse ANYONE WHO DISAGREES WITH HER POLICIES a misogynist to shut them up, just as they have accused anyone who disagreed with Obama a racist. I am so over this garbage.

Best thing Mr. Trump did this past year is to obliterate the PC police.

• patternpuzzler says:

Teenagers are shallow??? Never woulda dreamed it. OH, the humanity!

3. It’s obvious that the interviewer had her own agenda. When Ivanka pointed out that the NYT hit piece was discredited by the very people that are quoted in the article, the interviewer nodded her head and then referred back to the article. And we aren’t supposed to notice this? No bias there.

• paulraven1 says:

Exactly my point. This is how it works — synergistic slander.

• Southern Son says:

Nora’s got that Slap Me face to go with her Slap Me attitude.
      Communist she is.

• Keln says:

Speaking of noticing things, did anyone else notice a slight twitch reoccurring on Ivanka’s face, and a steely look in her eyes? I’ve seen that look on a woman’s face before and have since identified it with my needing to just shut up and possibly even run away.

• MTeresa says:

I mean, when the interviewer (I want to call her an info-babe…….can I do that even though I’m a woman or is that too considered sexist?) looks straight at Ivanka and says at the 2:33 mark, “He’s running against a woman!” Wow, really? Mrs. Clinton hasn’t mentioned that AT ALL.

CBS is such a joke.

• JunieG says:

Mr Trump is not discrediting Hillary Clinton because of her gender. He is very specific about her misdeeds, and her abysmal performance in government. She has no great accomplishments for him to try to tear down.

Seems that the person who is not bringing gender into this is Trump, whereas it has become what they Clinton and the globalist media who feel they MUST brand him as a sexist. They wish they could get him as “racist,” but false accusation of sexism will have to do.

Good luck with that! He fights back!

4. paulraven1 says:

Do you see how the game is played? A proven ideologue and hack writes a false story under the aegis of a major newspaper. No matter how widely the story is discredited, a major broadcast outlet quotes from the piece, forcing the interview subject to defensively respond. It is tag-team slander all under the authoritative auspices of major media organs delivered by somber, low-voiced interviewers.

This is the paradigm, and at some point the tables have to be turned. That is, what if Ivanka asked this CBS tool if her network has done any research into who the writer was and what his ideological biases are (Michael Barbara is his name, I believe, and he’s a known hack). And if they haven’t, don’t they think this is important? Why not make this MSM woman respond defensively? Why does she get to be the interrogator?

5. Mike says:

Liberal Journalists are trying to get Trump to back off on Dirty Bill Clinton’s mistreatment of women. She tried it with Ivanka. They know all they’d have to do with “principled conservatives” is raise their eyebrows and make noises about “sexism” or that it’s “undignified.” PCs would meekly submit. Trump and the Trumphats? Not so much. We know it’s hitting bone and sticking good.

• Remington says:

I think Donald should see the bet and raise…and hit them with the…” 26 flights” – showing supporting documentation. See if they fold or not..Love to see the media shake and sweat

• Keln says:

The problem with their “Trump hates women” narrative is that Trump’s life has been incredibly public tabloid fodder for decades, while he has had tens of thousands of people work with him and for him, including tons of women, and that out of all of it, there is nothing to substantiate that narrative. There aren’t any women “coming forward”. There aren’t any examples of his mistreating women in his business (quite the contrary). There aren’t any examples of even “women scorned” making any serious accusations (other than Ivana, who retracted it) and even his ex-wives praise him.

So all they have is that he called this or that woman some names on twitter or on TV. And they completely ignore the fact that he calls other men names at an even higher frequency than he does women. And that all of the women he has said such things about (in some cases childishly, I will admit), it was in response to their attacking him first. It’s like he says, he is a counter-puncher, and he is an equal opportunity counter-puncher.

I mean, for all of the insults he throws around, if you really pay attention to him, you begin to notice he is even quicker with compliments. He seems to be a person who wants to like everyone and everyone like him. But he also knows that isn’t how the world works, and when it’s a fight, he goes all out. And he is very gracious to those he defeats, once they are defeated, as he was even with Cruz.

I don’t have to like all of Trump’s methods to recognize how effective they are, or to realize how, at his core, he is a good person and wants to assume everyone else is too until their actions prove otherwise. And for a man who claims has never asked for forgiveness, he seems far more willing than most to grant forgiveness to others. And that says a lot about his character.

• joleeinca says:

Keln I must correct you on this statement that people are always getting wrong. Trump did not say that he has never asked for forgiveness. He said “I try not to do anything that I have to ask for forgiveness” ……. Big difference there. Another statement people are always getting wrong is the I could go out on 5th ave. and shoot someone and not lose my supporters. When he actually said: ” They say (as in reporters etc.) I could go out on 5th ave. and………
        See the difference two small words can make when repeating something?

• Keln says:

Sorry, but he was asked directly the other night (I can’t remember the interview details), if he has ever asked for forgiveness or repented to God.

His answer was that he doesn’t think in those terms. That he thinks in the terms of fixing it. So in his words, he said he does not ask forgiveness. But he also says he works to fix it, to make it better. Those were his words to a direct question. If I can find the interview, I’ll post it in response here.

I want to say that, in my opinion, striving to fix a mistake is harder and more meaningful than simply asking forgiveness. But I must note that it does show he has a flaw of pride. Everyone, absolutely everyone, has flaws. Pride is his. But our character can be shown by what we do with our flaws. He has proven that he overcomes his by making things right. And there have been a lot of cases of this, such as with a family member that he originally tried to screw over because he was angry. He made it right in the end.

Trump isn’t perfect, but he is pretty darned good if you ask me.

6. golfmann says:

What an irritating waste of time watching this”interview”…
    Fire them ALL!

7. Ivanka is poised, well spoken, thoughtful, intelligent and gorgeous. I look forward to seeing more of her views once her father is elected President.

• duchess01 says:

Agree, Andrea! And, she refused to answer questions that should have been asked of her father – enjoyed her well-phrased, articulate answers to many obnoxious questions – Ivanka is a classy lady in every sense of the word – cannot say as much for other women in the limelight – Ivanka is a role model for young ladies – who aspire to be the best they can be – an American treasure for all to emulate – 🙂

8. beaujest says:

Build the wall,keep the people that are chopping heads off out !

9. Patrick P says:

Over on HotGas.net New article “We are Trump Americans”. Well worth the read.

• Keln says:

Great article. Got me pumped up. I do disagree with the article’s assertion that we aren’t nationalists. We absolutely are. The current connotations need to be divorced from the word “nationalism”. It’s simply looking out for one’s own interests…something every one in every nation should be doing. But other than that, I loved the article. Thanks.

10. Tony Bonagura says:

Ann Coulter just wrote a brilliant column and you should post it here at your site. It tears the NY Times to shreds.

11. In a fundamentally transformed, third world communist s/hole gulag nation, men who like pretty women shall be subject to summary execution without trial.

My my, Donald likes the ladies. What next? He wears a conservative tie with a business suit?

12. Suzy Kiprien says:

Think of Ivanka in eight years from now.
    Donald Trump will be the next POTUS, of this there is no doubt, unless the Clintons expand their death trail.
    I see Ivanka as the first female POTUS.

• shiloh1973 says:

She is not a natural born citizen. Her mother (Don Jr, Eric too) was not a citizen of the U.S. when they were born.

• bar-revue says:

She is as much of a natural born citizen as Obama. I don’t get this argument.

• 18CatsInOH says:

Constitution. It matters. Except if you’re trying to successfully put a traitor into office.

I will NEVER vote for ANYONE who is not a natural born citizen. Have we not paid enough of a price for that slip up?

• bar-revue says:

That is based on your definition of NBC then — and that is fine. However, this slip-up has now become precedent. The courts are never going to go back and declare Obama’s presidency unconstitutional. I see that you are only referring to your willingness to vote for someone and I completely respect that.

• 18CatsInOH says:

It is NOT my definition. Good grief. It is CONSTITUTIONAL. 2 US citizen parents born on US soil. What on earth part of that do you think is MY definition? Honestly, folks, this is US Constitution 101.

Now you’ve done made me mad and riled me up. Sheesh.

• Martin says:

• This is true bar-revue, Ivanka will have to make her contribution to our country and to making our country great again in a different way than becoming the first female president.

She is not eligible.

• bar-revue says:

I am not saying that I think Ivanka should be president. I am curious who would rule her ineligible if no one was willing to rule Obama ineligible. You obviously believe that Obama is ineligible and that has not mattered.

• 18CatsInOH says:

Of COURSE it has mattered. But it was ignored by EVERYONE because NO ONE wanted him vetted. If there had been ANYONE to stand up against it and make it stick, we would not be in as bad a mess as we are.

I am willing to bet everything I own that if Trump decides he has to go down that path to clean up zero’s messes, he will do so to protect the country from 8 years (a whole lot longer really, but I’ll stick with that number) of unconstitutional power plays waged against our nation to destroy it. What we have in zero is EXACTLY why our founders made it abundantly clear the prez and VP spots were to have no divided sovereignty concerns, with loyalty only to the USA.

• Drop that ridiculous blaze “talking point” about bath house bari setting a “precedent”, wash your mouth out with soap and put your principles back to the forefront stat!!! lol

But, seriously, you can’t be serious. A “precedent”??? Really… it just ain’t so.

• shiloh1973 says:

So, because the Constitution was broken one time, it is ok to do it again. I don’t think so. NBC has to be upheld from here on out!

• duchess01 says:

Obama gamed the system and then, sealed his records – many filed lawsuits and tried to stop him to no avail – yes, it is important – in addition, both he and Cruz have tried to trash the Constitution – Obama deliberately ignored it – and could have falsified records – and Cruz wanted to change Section I Article II of the Constitution that defines the requirement for the Office of President – so that he, too, could bypass it – that’s my take –

• That would be pretty cool, although I’m always leery of dynasties.

13. Tex Justice says:

Keep it up MSM……EVERYTIME Ivanka is on TV her father gains votes. How could you look at someone so poised and savvy and not be impressed with how they got there. Trump has some incredible children and I think is a direct reflection on his ability to be a “father” to our country.

Those kids had every reason to be spoiled do nothings with money to spare like most celebrity kids but something steered them down another path. Give their parents credit where credit is due

14. Ivanka is exremely poised. It would have been hard for me to not start calling her every name in the book! That reporter’s smugness told a lot of her character.

15. jackphatz says:

Trump is a man who likes beautiful women and in Hillary someone who likes Anthony Weiner’s wife.

• lorenetn says:

For the life of me I cannot understand what is wrong with a man liking beautiful women. Seems pretty natural to me. It doesn’t mean they don’t respect women who aren’t beautiful. This whole theme is beyond ridiculous.

This woman thinks we need a strong man as POTUS, and that is DJT!

• jackphatz says:

With Trump you know it’s a “professional” jealousy. If money buys all that happiness then having beautiful woman round must be caviar. Success is to be despised, not nurtured and shared, so says the runner up. The reality of the “beauty” industry is it has destroyed girls, used women.

• And Huma acts like she likes Hillary just so she can gather secret info to send to her family and friends in the Muslim brotherhood. It’s beyond crazy that this woman has access to everything…TREASON much?

16. srr says:

arrgh …
    “the uploader has not made this video available in your country”

help, someone, please?

• bverwey says:

srr, if you are outside the USA you might need the services of SurfEasy from time to time.

• Dixie says:

access to that particular video, not available to me either and I’m in this country. I decided YouTube just didn’t want anyone to see it.

17. That didn’t read right. It would have been hard for me not to call “the reporter”(I know her name, but I am not going to use it) every name in the book!

18. 18CatsInOH says:

What a smug, arrogant, pompous, ludicrous piece of garbage that interviewer is. I cannot believe how calm and professional Ivanka is in the face of such scathing disdain. It is written all over this woman’s face. Gah. I made it half way through and had to stop. This is Exhibit A why I don’t watch TV, especially “news”. They are such bombastic, pride filled fools.

• Luck is not all says:

That woman Norah was so furious that the interview didnt go her way. Her steel eyes were saying what do I do now to break this poise lady, she is so beautiful and well grounded, so successful, so rich, has a great family of her own,, she loves our enemy so much, this interview is a disaster for me. Why did I make a fool of myself?
      I , myself, enjoyed all this a lot. Ivanka 5, Norah 0

• 18CatsInOH says:

Yes, that is EXACTLY the way I read it too. The look in her eyes: she had such contempt for Ivanka. Really, just a jealous cat who came up against a MUCH better person. She could not break Ivanka and that was a bitter pill.

These pundits are so used to being able to cow whoever they want to. Welp, there’s a new sheriff in town now and things will be a changin’. About time.

19. Joe's Dad says:

(At the 3:20 mark in the interview):

So according to yet another insufferable pundit, women aren’t allowed to be called crazy or crooked???

Ridiculous nonsense.

Newsflash msm!: a person can be crazy or crooked; gender is irrelevant.

The LameStreamMedia can do no right!

20. mike tramel says:

Hillary surrogate Ed Randall said today that Trump will lose because there is more ugly women then pretty women in America that will vote for Hillary.The Twitter world is killing him right now.

21. Keln says:

I watched the rest of the interview. I was blown away by how impressed those CBS people were. They were even suggesting that Ivanka is proof against the Trump “anti-woman” narrative. I guess it’s hard to argue against facts sometimes. But they do try, bless their hearts.

22. Martin says:

I think I see why Trump hasn’t done much CBS interviews.

23. Ivehadit says:

i could watch Ivanka and Melania all day everyday…and the boys a well. There is just a sense of stability and security when I see them. All is right with the world sort of feeling…They seem to be terrific people with their heads on straight. A deep affection is building…:)

24. Pam says:

The idiot MSM knows they are lying and making these stories up. It’s a shame that some of these women have had to come forward because of the way they have been smeared by the media. Ivanka handled this interview quite well. She is without question one of the best in the Trump family to represent women voters. Oh and don’t get me started on the big lie we hear over and over the 69% unfavorability with women. No wonder people don’t trust the media anymore!

• Lucille says:

Just where do they get this 69%? Which poll is being cited? What was the question; how was it phrased? What was the participation rate of Dems and Repubs? Did they only interview ugly women?

• Joe's Dad says:

The LameStreamMedia has a 6% approval rating, and that’s high for them. They’re laughable. Zero integrity.

I wonder if they know, or even care, that many years from now people will look back to this time in history and regard them as the biggest idiots of all time. What a legacy!

25. haoleboy says:

Nora , you just got out classed ……………again.

26. Ivanka is the definition of class. She comes across, confident, articulate and bright, calm, cool and collected. The other woman just looked mean spirited, dishonest and off balance when she couldn’t get the reaction she was looking for. His kids are great advocates for him. I saw Don Jr. on Hannity and Megyn Kelly the other day (I forced myself to watch her because I heard he would be on), he did fantastic too. I hope politics runs in his family because they have obviously inherited a lot from Dad!

27. Prof LeBlanc says:

The title “CBS This Morning” gave the YouTube copy of Ivanka’s interview shows yet another dishonest media headlining bias.

The title reads

Ivanka Trump "bothered" by NYT story on her father

and the clear intent is to convey to the casual reader that Ivanka is “bothered” because of the “truths” in the article, i.e., CBS is trying to make the reader think Ivanka is “bothered” by her father, not the NYT.

In context, however, Ivanka was “bothered” that a major media outlet had written such an obviously prejudiced and slanted article.

This biased title is certainly deliberate.

“CBS This Morning” should have used phrasing such as:

Ivanka Trump "bothered" at NYT for story on her father

Note that using “at” rather than “by” shifts the focus of Ivanka’s concern from the contents of the article to the NYT itself. Inserting “for” emphasizes the active participation of the NYT rather than a passive involvement of the article.

28. Rick says:

This entire Women/Man thing is a product of this crazy Political Correctness that has been rammed down our throats by these “Do as I say, not as I do Libtards.

The process of natural selection has been around since the dawn of the age. The Darwinian term came later to be known as “Survival of the Fittest”. The strongest and most adaptable of the species were drawn together to perpetuate survival and to win against all odds.

I really don’t think that men desiring more attractive women or who are more beautiful, more athletic, more dominants, or more intelligent is a trait of sexism. Women desiring attractive, virile men are no different. The fact is that water seeks its own level. Winners win! 2nd, 3rd and the rest fall in place….and so on.

So, where’s the problem that the media seeks to find with Trump? Every human seeks their own level too! Those that don’t, unfortunately, don’t do quite as well, but that’s life.

TRUMP 2016