Bad Newz For Cruz

A series of brand new trend polls (three – full pdf’s below) highlight an ongoing discussion/trend. With increased visibility Senator Ted Cruz support decreases.

It would be inaccurate to say Cruz is collapsing, if it were not for multiple polls indicating the same trend line.  However, when you have three completely disparate polls, indicating an almost identical retraction, you cannot dismiss the reality.

Fox News and IPSOS Rueters both identify the issue on a national scale, and within the CBS polling of Pennsylvania voters you find the specifics as to why.  First, the Fox Trend Poll showing Donald Trump extending his lead over Cruz to 18 points, as Cruz support plummets by 11 points in a month:

Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton greets a supporter following her address at the 18th Annual David N. Dinkins Leadership and Public Policy Forum at Columbia University in New York

(Via Fox News) Donald Trump jumps to an 18-point lead over Ted Cruz this week with record high support for the Republican nomination.

Trump tops Cruz by 45-27 percent among GOP primary voters in a new Fox News national poll on the 2016 election.  John Kasich comes in third with 25 percent.

Three weeks ago, the mogul was up by three over Cruz:  41-38 percent, with Kasich at 17 percent (March 20-22, 2016).   Forty-five percent is a new high for Trump.  The previous high was last month’s 41 percent.  (read more)

Full Poll Data:

A similar poll data result is available from IPSOS/Reuters who take their own independent poll and compare the results/data to the trend-line:

poll trendline 4-14-16

Both the Fox Poll and the IPSOS Poll show a remarkable drop in support for candidate Ted Cruz.  This peak and valley approach coincides each time Cruz is given increased visibility and the public are able to sense and gauge the candidate’s message.

Absent of media attention Senator Ted Cruz generally sees his support improve.  However, as soon as his speeches, appearances and personal presentations are given increased visibility – his support drops.  It is a remarkably unique circumstance almost exclusive to Senator Ted Cruz.

Here’s the IPSOS Full Data:

Lastly, and perhaps most damagingly, a CBS Poll of Pennsylvania Voters gives some indications of why voters are turning away from Ted Cruz.   In every question Ted Cruz is going in the wrong direction on his trend:

cruz unfavorable PA

cruz poll pa

Question #40 Responses are the key:

“Authenticity”

cruz quote

Here’s the full poll result:

The more people get to know candidate Cruz, the worse he does !

This entry was posted in Donald Trump, Election 2016, media bias, Notorious Liars, Ted Cruz, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

278 Responses to Three Newly Released Trend Polls Show Donald Trump Climbing, Ted Cruz Collapsing…

1. snaggletooths says:

Great to see this happening wish it would have happened before Wisconsin. Many wise to the deceptive media that have been so aggressive against Trump looks like it may have all backfired on LYIN TED who is so unlikable add his comments about Trump and Trump supporters can see him slipping further down.

• NJF says:

Grab-gate was the perfect way to negatively impact Trump right before WI

meanwhile trump standing by Cory will pay off Yuge dividends, and hurt Cruz and the mailman.

• Lantos says:

Ted Cruz denied over 1 million voters in Colorado their Constitutional right to vote in elections. These AMERICAN citizens are expected to pay taxes but they cannot vote.

Rafael Eduardo Cruz was a Canadian up to mid 2014. So a ****ing Canadian can deny over 1 million Americans their right to vote? TPP/TPA pushed by Cruz and his wife are setting the stage for the North American Union. They want a Cubana-Canadian-American for the first president of the north american union. Cruz is evil and is a Bush bot.

• Agreed. You can literally see Grabgate and the coordinated media attack in these curves:

Grabgate allegedly occurred on 3/8, was reported to police on 3/11, the media attack and response began on 3/13, the police report was officially filed on 3/18, Corey was charged on 3/29, and by 4/13 charges were dropped.

But what’s extremely interesting, and demonstrates what SD is saying, is the sharp inflection RIGHT at the Wisconsin primary, around 4/5. It’s literally a case of GOPe winning the battle and losing the war BECAUSE OF IT. And not only that – it appears that when they did everything in their power (and I mean “everything”) to win those Wisconsin urban certers, to get a numerical victory, they conversely gave the nation to a very close look at Ted Cruz. By that point, Grabgate was already very doubtful, and people were no longer being motivated by it.

It’s amazing. It’s clear from the data that negatives work, but what is fascinating is that the REAL negatives about Lyin’ Ted work with almost no media help (other than showing him on TV), whereas the cooked-up negatives about Trump only work with extreme media effort – and then only for a while.

Note that Son of Mailman is the ultimate beneficiary. THAT is the long game. My prediction for New York is that the “surprising votes from urban centers with shady histories and electronic ballots” will be going to Kasich this time – or should I say “again”. It’s very easy to see what they’re doing by now.

One more point. I am REALLY wary of Michael Medved now, because he was pushing the recent Cruz family interview as “Cruz’s best” and “coming off very human” and otherwise in very flattering terms. Yet as soon as I heard Medved play a clip – filled with the same old preacher-speak, debate-style, snake-oil salesman that we’ve come to know and laugh at – I realized that Medved simply cannot actually believe what he was saying. It was NOT good. Not by any stretch of the imagination. Cruz was being pure Cruz – 100% Grade A snake oil – Professor Chocula and his covered wagon of patent medicine. It was horrible – cringeable.

Medved will say ANYTHING to stop Trump! Worthless!

• lpasopooch says:

Your,re absolutely right. Also, Medved is among those listed who may have accepted money from a pro Cruz PAC to actively promote Cruz on the air. Sundance has done a magnificent job unveiling the likes of Mark Levin who clearly “took” $400,000 in payments for his book from a PAC supporting Cruz. In exchange, Levin went berserk in his promoting Cruz on the air. Became vicious and aggressive, much in the Glenn Beck style. What I can’t believe is Rush. I’m disheartened. Rush with no integrity? Say it ain’t so. All of it made me dislike Cruz more than I did before. Maybe that’s it! Maybe they really want Trump and they’re employing reverse psychology. It’s working!

• DMorgan says:

LYIN and STEALIN TED (i.e. stealing Trump’s fairly won delegates!)

• michelle says:

People are waking up to lyin’Ted. How can anyone think it’s ok for a Constitutionalist to proclaim a win in a voter less election like we just seen. I would think he would have been the first one to put a stop to this. He sure would have, if it would have been Trump who win. I would also hope his supporters would be extremely alarmed by this. I mean, do you really want your guy to win if it’s though deception, lies and cheating. We have that now. He is also paying off people to be his delegates. Look, Trump has been leading the polls for 9 months now. He has 10 times bigger rallies then anyone else. He has 7.6M followers on Twitter and 7M on Facebook. That does not count instagram. Cruz on Facebook has 2M Twitter 1m. Trump has won far more states then Cruz has as well. It’s very clear and has been for months who the people want. It’s not Cruz. He was not even a thought the first 4 months into this. Remember him being so nice to Trump. Well, those are the kind of people I have always worried about the most. He quickly stabbed Trump in the back. Letting Trump take everyone else out before he did it. No why in hell would I vote for Lyin”Ted. Never!!! And you all should not either. LIke Trump or not, He is not lying, he is not paying people off to win, he is not kissing ass to get there either, nor has he been cheating. I want the truth and I will always vote for the truth even if I don’t like the guy. If he tells the truth he will have my vote. That’s why I’m voting for Trump. I have looked up everything he says and he has been right. #TrumpAllTheWay

2. NHVoter says:

May this trend continue until Cruz goes far, far away. Mars or somewhere similar would be perfect for this sleazebag.

• Mindcraft says:

^^^^^^^^^ But, I am thinking more like, Jupiter, the big gas giant, where he would certainly feel even more at home.

• p'odwats says:

Factor in the Colorado steal and Cruz is beginning the slide down permanently. The more people see and hear of him the less people want to support him for president. Too slick and slimy. In other words, another weasel politician. It’ll be a breath of fresh air when Cruz is out of this race. His dirty tricks and vile nature are really making things stink in this country.

• Cruz is an old fashion “snake oil salesman” but I guess I should apologise snake oil salesman and carnival barkers.

• justfactsplz says:

I think the Colorado steal is sealing his fate. Voters are very turned off by Cruz because of it. I am so glad this is happening sooner rather than later.

• Raycheetah says:

Trump has an article in the Wall Street Journal all about this:

(Scroll up for the body of the article).

Trump/Wall 2016/2020! =^[.]^=

• justfactsplz says:

Thanks for that link. That was a great article.

• Great Article –Mr. Trump’s articulation is his best yet. this article needs MAXIMUM dissemination and exposure.

• Linda says:

Wow, what a great article! I especially liked this line: “My campaign strategy is to win with the voters. Ted Cruz’s campaign strategy is to win despite them.” He goes on to talk about how he will reform how the RNC voting process works so that no voters are disenfranchised in the future. Great job, Mr. Trump. I hope everyone reads this article.

• Nordic Breed says:

“Cruz crows about his “victories” over the voters, and hasn’t a clue how it affects public perception. Clown!”

The more I see, hear, and read Cruz in his own words, the more I believe he has a serious personality disorder. So much about him is completely inappropriate in behavior and language. I spent a couple of years training to be a licenses therapist but ultimately decided that occupation was not for me, but I have continued to educate myself on dysfunctional behaviors and I am utterly repelled by Cruz.

On the other hand, from the beginning I saw much to be admired in DJT, starting with his honesty, willingness to listen and learn, and humility. The more I see and hear Trump, the more I appreciate him. Since 2008 I have been praying daily for deliverance of our country from the hands of Satan. It’s not up to me as to how God does that, but I thank Him that He has given us a man like DJT to help our nation. Now I pray daily not only for our nation, but for Trump, that he will be wise and fearless in doing what needs to be done.

• GuerillaPatriot says:

The interesting thing is, this was mostly Steve House’s idiotic decision to cancel the vote, after showing his transparent bias against Trump. He’s on the record against Trump right around the time he canceled the caucus straw poll. No doubt its going to cost him his job. Cruz should have demanded a vote along with Trump when this broke. Those CO delegates are poison to him. But he did not, because his “family values, Christian conservative” act is just that, an act. He wasn’t smart enough to keep up the act and turn away the poisoned chalice. Ironic, considering his pedigree.

• Lantos says:

1 million plus voters in Colorado were cheated and robbed. This shows how Canadian Cruz cares about the average AMERICAN. We are expected to pay taxes but we cannot vote.
          This vile liar was a Canadian citizen up to Mid 2014. A Canadian denying AMERICANS the right to vote! Tell everyone you know.

• jmclever says:

Voters are also sick to death of being told, “Dems da rules.” Cruz’ smugness and condescending tone over his “win” in CO also reveals who he really is. It makes me glad this process is taking longer than usual. I was considering voting for Cruz until Iowa made me doubt. The Fox debate that Trump boycotted and then Cruz started mocking DJT solidified the doubt. What really sealed my Trump support was Cruz blaming DJT for protesters in Chicago. If he was who he claimed to be, he would never have allowed what happened to Ben Carson, he would have sided with Trump wrt Fox News, and he would never have blamed the protests on Trump. Everything else has shored up my original doubts that started out as “there’s something not quite right.”

• I’ve got to the point that when Cruz comes on the television or radio I turn it off. His appearances are all the same…I have won the past 11 elections against Donald Trump (false, he won delegates at conventions or state GOP meetings that did not hold primaries).

His entire campaign has degraded to him doing nothing but complaining about Trump. Frank Luntz was on Hannity’s radio show the other day after a guest appearance by Cruz. Hannity asked Luntz what he thought of Cruz’s appearance, Luntz replied that Cruz was making a big mistake with his negative attacks on Trump, he said the result would likely be the same as what happened to Rubio (who Luntz worked for).

I have been thinking the same thing for weeks. Cruz is headed for a crushing defeat in the next few weeks.

• muffyroberts says:

We should call the Ferengi to come pick Cruz up. He looks and acts like one of them.

• Borealis says:

Well, we.don’t want him back here in Canada. We have enough problems with government as it is.

• I follow the Mars rover daily. Please please no Cruz smirky mug appearing in the rover photos. For the love of God.

• jackphatz says:

He and the Misses, with the kids and that scruffy mutt of theirs, named Beck will soon be able to retire on that mountain. Seven Mountain to be exact. Sitting back, sipping kool-aide.

• jello333 says:

No, no, no! One of these days I’m confident we’ll have people there, maybe even terraforming so we can eventually have a LOT of people. Why would you wanna contaminate the place with something like a Ted Virus?

3. Martin says:

He’s the “GOP” version of Hillary Clinton.

4. formwiz says:

I love it when a plan comes completely apart at the seams.

Thought you could cheat your way to the White House, smart guy.

Guess what, it’s only gonna get worse. These voterless elections you and Roe set up don’t go down well with Americans and we’re going to be seeing more of your cheating, aren’t we, big guy?

MT, SD, ND, NM, WY, NE, and IN. Every time one of those states picks delegates without an election, you’ll be hearing from us, loud and clear..

By the time we’re through, you’re going to wish you could was off the anointment.

• Martin says:

He’ll wish he went back to Canada where he belongs.

• Mindcraft says:

MT and NM are primary states, not caucus states, and have dates set for their primary already. As far as I know, they are not repeating what CO did.

CO may have backfired on Cruz because I believe it woke up a lot of people. These polls might be at least a partial reaction to CO.

• Mindcraft says:

Here are the links for Montana and New Mexico. Scroll down on each page.

• boutis says:

I think the “turn” started with the Chicago shutdown of the Trump rally and Cruz acting like a rear end about it blaming Trump. Every single thing Cruz has done since then has been nasty, negative, underhanded or sleazy (National Enquirer). It takes a while to gel in people’s minds and then it is wham! I don’t like that guy. His zenith and good days are behind him now. Thanks Paul Manafort for helping Trump pull the strands together.

• Paul says:

Exactly fair minded people give someone a chance…but after the observe you they form an opinion which never changes

• Dick Albright says:

And remember when and where the big negative began. First debate with Megyn Kelly’s opening salvo against his ‘deportment’ and not the major issues of the day. Until then, Beck, Levin, even Rush were open and receptive to Trump and Cruz equally. Then the hits began in earnest and all the pundits, except Savage, took turns against Donald, even encouraging and enabling the very violence they wrongfully accused him of fomenting. His 25 July 15 speech in Phoenix established the ‘talking points’ for every candidate…until his mere presence whittled the pack down as he stood center-stage.

He showed his up-close-and-personal style and reality consistently…as today.

• ladypenquin says:

One of the main problems Colorado and any other states that manipulate the delegates where they’re shutting out Trump supporters, is the catastrophic effect it’s going to have on all the statewide races, Federal or state or even city. That’s where the real measure of the fallout will be. And I do believe there will be a fallout. 2008 gave 2010, no reason that the disenfranchisement (even if it was always intended for the primaries and caucuses to be for show) of the voters won’t have a similar reaction of “throw the bums out.”

• starfcker says:

Easy to see the path they were leading us down. Turn primaries into caucuses, which are bogus themselves, and then morph into these voter less elrctions, unbound delegates, super delegates, every dirty trick, the frog boiling in the incrementally hot water. Trump (and our boy sundance) have shined a lot of sunlight on a bad situation that almost worked. Almost. Thanks guys, historic stuff. Saved the republic.

• shallbe4 says:

Once again the people have their say. How many super stars have the Republican Party created in the past couple of months and where are they now?

• Lantos says:

MT, SD, ND, NM, WY, NE, and IN also possibly CA. These are all Romney- mormon steal states like the other ones Ted “won.” I saw the Romney steal on Santorum and Ron Paul.

The Bushes are good friends with the Clintons and also the Romneys and Hinckleys. The Hinckleys ran the Mormon church. The NSA collection center is in Utah for good reason. I hope Trump, Paul Manafort and the Trump team can stop the steal.

• As far as I know Montana has a primary on June 7 and I plan to Vote for Trump!

5. Sentient says:

It’s hard to get people to go vote for someone not because you like him, but just to stop someone else. The enthusiasm gap will plague Cruz in most of the coming states (especially the non-corn states).

6. LULU says:

Meanwhile Cruz has a new strategy:

Cruz is also rhetorically pivoting to the general election, brushing off Trump as a sore loser and a whiner and painting himself as the only candidate in the race who can prevail in a battle against Democratic front-runner Hillary Clinton. His campaign is also starting to talk about a “center-right coalition” to broaden his appeal. At a meeting of the Republican Jewish Coalition in Las Vegas last weekend, Cruz — who opposes abortion and same-sex marriage — suggested he could work with those opposed to him on those and other hot-button issues.

“Nobody wants to elect a hectoring scold,” he said. “I am not running here to be pastor in chief, I am running to be commander in chief, which is a very, very different job.”

Uh-oh. “Work with those opposed to him” on abortion and same-sex marriage? When Trump mentions “working with” the opposition in any way whatsoever, the anti-Trumpers go berserk!
    And how about that Cruzy remark about “not running for pastor in chief”? So much for the “most conservative candidate”. Pfffft

• LULU says:

Upon reflection, how does a true blue Conservative ( like Cruz has portrayed himself to be) “work with” baby killers and those who believe same sex marriage is a right?

• Sentient says:

Nobody wants to elect a guy who uses words like “hectoring” or “scold” (as a noun).

• Keln says:

I thought Cruz was running for God-King. According to his dad and dominionist buddies anyways.

• Sentient says:

Nobody wants to elect a guy who – when he has a sex scandal in the National Enquirer – surprises everyone that his trysts were with women.

• boutis says:

Sucking up to the globalists. What a creep.

• Lostwithiel says:

The worm has turned. Cruz has revealed himself. He will take any position to retain his clutch on power. All the Christians who think he’ll be their big defender will find out that Trump, with his old- fashioned common sense (he intuitively knows, for example, that when a people can no longer say “Merry Christmas” they are, very slowly, being taken to the gulag) is the true knight in shining armor.

• lpasopooch says:

I honestly hope when that worm turns and slithers away, it takes Mark Levin with it. Mark has no dignity left. His life is Ted Cruz. Five reasons to like Mark Levin. 1. He worked in the Reagan Administration. 2. He likes dogs. 3. He proves he’s patriotic by playing old recordings of patriotic songs. 4. Uh

• mboyko2k says:

Yeah he was making such a stupid argument today. He said “fine let’s go by the votes, award delegates according to the votes received, then trump would have to give up more than he gains because he has earned so many extra delegates for coming in first place.” Yes, we could award delegates proportionately to the votes received in every contest, but then we’d have to scrap the requirement to win 1237 delegates, because if a frontrunner is not rewarded extra for winning, probably every single nomination contest would be end in a contested convention. We don’t want a contested convention at all because it disenfranchises the people. So we could scrap 1237 delegate requirement and award the delegates proportionate to the vote received in every contest, most delegates awarded wins, or even better we could scrap these lying conniving traitorous delegates altogether and say whoever gets the most votes is the choice of the party.

Another funny thing, I remember him bashing corey lewandowski something fierce making stupid arguments that were all refuted here (and the prosecuting attorney basically agreed with the refutations that were made here). Today every other show made a big to do about it, but we don’t hear one word on Levin. He has egg all over his face and doesn’t want to remind his listeners about the nonsense he engaged in.

I was tending to think Levin was right in calling for a constitutional convention, but if going back to states selecting senators is anything like states selecting presidential candidates, all that power does is allow the state establishment parties protect wildly unpopular candidates and policies from facing voter wrath and reform! On the negative side it seems candidates that manage to avoid scandals and controversy get perpetually re-elected on name recognition/incumbency. Maybe we can just put in a term limit amendment and avoid the convention, because I don’t trust this guy Levin anymore after the dishonest arguments he is making against Trump and his campaign. Seems like he used to make intelligent arguments but he threw that all out and now makes arguments any 1st year law student would easily knock down. He’s smarter than that, he’s just shilling and it’s pathetic.

• (first comment here!) Exactly! Been following this site for a few months. Practicing traditional Catholic and life-long Republican (36 yo)…We don’t need a President who can quote Scripture. We need someone who is an instinctive fighter for Us! How long have we and our families complained that we needed a fighter and not just roll over? Trump is one us and will take em’ to the woodshed!

• Artist says:

and Jews are learning more about Cruz and his wacko pals, like his welcomed endorsement by hate mongering Anti-Semiite “Messianic pastor”, Mike Bickle.
      I have been doing my part in spreading the word to Jewish groups.

• Toronto Tonto says:

Cruz is talking about bipartisanship, because he’s about to get his butt kicked in six maybe seven states straight. I think Trump will win Indiana, because he’s talked about Carrier non stop and Pence is up for reelection. If Trump is the nominee and loses, Pence has a shot in 2020. Let’s be real here. If they throw in a white night at the convention, the party is dead forever.

• shallbe4 says:

Only Cruz believes that when people won’t vote for him in the primaries its time to move on to the General Election. How about the convention where the nominee is chosen? Is he going to overlook that after all the delegates he’s stolen????

• mike says:

“brushing off Trump as a sore loser and a whiner”

Funny, Lyin’ Ted said he doesn’t do personal attacks.

• cheri54 says:

Interesting. Many of his supporters want a pastor in chief. Maybe why he only gave that little bit of information while in Nevada. They all forget the nation is networked now. LOL

• thetrain2016 says:

“…and painting himself as the only candidate in the race who can prevail in a battle against Democratic front-runner Hillary Clinton.”
      That assumption is based on polls. If so, based on recent polls, he should get the hell out of New York and move to Canada…

• Totally Domestic says:

Cruz can paint himself amy way he wants, but his biggest problem is his true colors keep showing through.🖌

• mopar2016 says:

Cruz attended fundraisers in New York city that were hosted by Mati Weiderpass, Ian Reisner, and other rich gay guys. Peter Theil is another gay long time Cruz supporter.

• boutis says:

Cruz is projecting. He is the scold. He likes to accuse other people of what he and his parents have been doing for decades. Shame on him. I also noticed he did an anti-Trump skit in which he pours himself a stiff drink of whiskey on a leftie talk show. He forgot his evangelical voters and “values” (and all his talk on the awfulness and damage of alcholism) very fast after he got their votes and there are no more major evangelical states for him to preach in. Hypocrite creep.

7. Keln says:

The real question here is, why has Kasich jumped up by such a large margin? I find that rather bizarre. Yes, Cruz has slipped 11 points, but Trump only gained 3, while Kasich gained 8 points. Why? Kasich has been barely visible in this election. How has he suddenly siphoned support from Cruz so much? And why has that support not gone more to Trump?

Strange poll. I wonder if many of these people realize Kasich has no chance whatsoever.

• Sentient says:

Kasich might have a better chance than Cruz. Hope Kasich stays in. And if he drops out, that he drops out completely – so that Trump gets OH’s delegates.

• R-C says:

Not really. Imagine you’re a “Never Trump” type of guy (or gal). You start seeing Cruz’s many episodes of cheating: the multiple possible (“likely?”) affairs; the cheating in Iowa, Maine, Colorado, etc, etc, etc. And your conscience starts to bother you. You’re not a liar, and you don’t like liars lying to you.

…But you’re a ‘Never Trump!’ type of guy (or gal). Who do you have left? Kasich.

My analysis is that the ‘Never Trump’ types are rearranging deck chairs on their sinking ship. They refuse to give in and vote Trump, but they’ve developed a healthy (and correct) dislike of Cruz. So….

And there you have it. Not so strange at all.

• Keln says:

Well being “NeverTrump” suggests on doesn’t have critical thinking skills or uses logic in the first place.

• ladypenquin says:

I know. I’ve just lost 2 longtime friends over the idea of #NeverTrump vs at least accept him over a Hillary or worse. There are many on our side, compliments of the Establishment media who have been able to demonize Trump so much that they talk about him as if he is Satan. I’m at a loss to understand the craziness.

• ladypenquin says:

Meant to say, “Establishment Conservative media” – that’s who has tried to destroy Trump on our side.

• NJF says:

One thing I’ve started to notice though is now when asked if “you’ll support the no,one even if it’s trump?” Most are now saying, “yes.”

• Eris says:

There’s still plenty of time for a lot of these #NeverTrump people to change their minds before November 8, 2016. The Anti-Trump GOPe and “Establishment Conservative Media” can still get away with what they’re doing may be up until when Mr. Trump is officially the Republican Presidential Nominee since “there’s still a chance” (they think) to stop Mr. Trump with the GOPe alternative.

After that though the dynamics will change since continuing to be against Mr. Trump means that you want to elect the Demoncrat Presidential Nominee as President and lose the Supreme Court for a generation among other Yuge consequences. Some will of course won’t change and go off the cliff but I think many will come to their senses.

• Keln says:

You know you are on the right side of something when you don’t have to compromise your values in order to defend your position. That is how I know that so many NeverTrump people are in the wrong. You shouldn’t have to go off the deep end over or against a candidate and use ad hominem attacks to prove your position. If you can’t simply argue the difference on issues, then you are lost.

• ladypenquin says:

It’s like they’re angry that not only do they hate Trump, but I have to also. And literally 2 longtime conservative friends said “goodby.”

• Sorry ladypenquin but you are better off without them as they are not true America lovers! As with Trump we are America first! That’s what this is all about. Not so much conservative as America first: jobs, trade deals, borders, safety. The conservatives have lost their way and most don’t know it yet.

• shallbe4 says:

A good friend of mine has done the same thing. He hates Trump with such a passion — he seethes with it. Cruz can do no wrong and everytime I explain another Cruz scandal he believes I am lying to him. He will nave figure out that what he hates about Trump is that he’s confident and successful and oh yeah has a ton of money. Wonder how many other Cruz bots hate Trump because they are jealous of him.

• flounder, rebel, vulgarian says:

I suspect that some of the most rabid #nevertrumpers don’t hate Trump so much for Trump but what he reveals to them about themselves.

The self-righteous Christian socon supporting lyin’ ted, spreading MSM and leftist propaganda. They see themselves as the things the hate and blame and hate Trump all the more for it.

• Michelle says:

I totally agree. His security in himself highlights their own insecurities and they hate him for being so confident. In doing so they don’t have to see that in reality it is themselves that they hate. My friend and I had that epiphany when she couldn’t get into a trump rally and researched the haters pit instead. Hating him gives them someone to blame for the way they feel about themselves.

• cheri54 says:

They are identical as a group to the Obama supporters in 2008. Reject all evidence and refuse to listen to logic. It’s astounding how this happens to people. I had only made my decision of being for Trump after studying and listening to them all. And I do mean STUDYING. Why would any voter not do so? SMH

• Kasich is the go-to guy in Pennsylvania if you don’t like Trump. Cruz is not doing well here at all. Conservatives in Penna. are driven by fiscal and 2nd Amendment issues primarily, not social issues. Except for maybe abortion. Outside of urban areas, PA is very pro-life. Kasich’s Croatian/Czechoslovakian background gives him a slight amount of street cred in the western part of the Commonwealth.

I can’t seem to pin down his ancestral Croatian birthplace. I’m actually wondering if I’m distantly related (mine are from Ogulin). Part of his folks came from “Austria” which is just code for Austria-Hungary. Croatians lived in the Hungarian part. The details are irrelevant, but they help explain some of Kasich’s appeal to certain anti-Trump voters. In short, he’s “folksy.”

• catluver99 says:

And that’s a shame that some would consider Kasich folksy. It’s a shame that so few people research any person running for the highest job in the US. All one has to do is to pull up any candidates donor sheet and be surprised. George Soros funds Kasich which turned me off immediately.

• bofh says:

LoFo voters fear change. No one promises same-old, same-old quite as well as Kasich. After all, his father was a mailman (whatever the heck kind of validation THAT is?).

• Keln says:

Kasich is a Democrat who runs as a Republican. Worse than a RINO, he doesn’t even pretend.

• I meant to say that. He’s actually a classic, almost Roosevelt-style, western PA Democrat. The guy that if you were Republican you would say, “Wow, that guy’s not bad for a Democrat.”

Honestly, Jim Webb, senator from VA, did interest me. I don’t know a whole lot about the guy, but he would actually be a great VP option (if he would ditch the Dem party) for Trump. He dropped out very early from the Dem race, but was literally the only Democrat that made any sense.

• sundance says:

Looking at the data, we see a growth period for Cruz from October 28 to March 1, continuing until March 22nd – two weeks before the Wisconsin primary on April 5th. Kasich’s growth also ended on March 22nd. Since then, there’s been some noise, but no clear evidence of further movement.

• MG says:

When did NE story come out? In late March, around March 22?

• Eskie Mom says:

Speaking of which, there’s a new one out today, apparently. DH saw it at the grocery store. He didn’t read it, but the headline says that his name is on the DC Madam’s list. There’s a picture of him and a picture of her. It’s not the main story.

• mopar2016 says:

The governor of Nebraska is a Ricketts. His parents own the Chicago Cubs.
          They are also politically left wing and hate Trump.

• Paul says:

Everyone should read Sam Wang analysis, especially his delegate projections

• big bad mike says:

Even Nate Silver at 538 had an exhausting mathematical hypothesis that shows Trump with a worse case 1155. Manafort will get the 82 if he even Has to – but he won’t have to.
          We need to start asking our friends, neighbors, coworkers, milk man,,mailman, robot, 17:year olds, – if they are registered to vote for the GE -Trump is going to Win This.

• Peter says:

Trump only needs to make a commercial out of this Kasich realdome

He just is kind of…dumb. Real dumb. And insulting.

• Kasich will be the media’s new candidate of the week – watch. They will desert Cruz quickly.

• shallbe4 says:

Another Falling Star will bite the dust. Sooner or later Republicans will have to decide that they have a candidate who can win this race and expand our base and stop with the jimopes already.

• Toronto Tonto says:

Because Cruz is not technically eliminated until April 28. ANY delegates in NY gives him a shot in the arm.

8. The Boss says:

Lyin’ Ted should spend more time with the highly influential Glenn Beck.

9. rebel53blog says:

This is what Cruz is best at

10. Joe says:

Why has it taken so long? Has Ted lacked exposure? He was the first one to declare his candidacy. Can somebody explain this?

• Ray Titus says:

People are gullible and he said what many wanted to hear. Now they’re starting to see how he operates and aren’t liking it.

• Joe says:

What changed?

• Texian says:

It was his Rubio-esque sophmoric meltdown. It was his gloating about “winning” Colorado and ridiculing Mr. Trump as losing – all the while everybody knows nobody even voted. Quite arrogant and revealing; apparently enough that even the sheep noticed.

• TheseTruths says:

“It was his gloating about “winning” Colorado…”
            That was a really bad move. The disenfranchised people of Colorado were mad and unhappy, and I think people in every other state could empathize with them. And I didn’t hear a word of empathy from Cruz about the voters’ feelings.

• shallbe4 says:

To me what changed is the fact that he congratulated himself on winning delegates when there was no election in. Voters in Colorado are furious and people in the rest of the country are shocked that anyone could think they could get away with anything like this

• jocaal3 says:

Seemingly, it all began with slow leaks: Dr. Carson and Iowa, no traction after NH, all GOPe/RNC /media in opposition to Mr. Trump while media is being mostly positive for Cruz, Mr. Trump’s sweep of the South. Then, Sen. Cruz got some traction with questionable wins. About this time, along comes the possible NE sex scandal, and Mr. Trump’s campaign getting hit with the Michelle Field’s controversy. With the most recent focus on Sen Cruz’s antics in acquiring delegates, enter CO, plus ongoing activities by his campaign in other states, the rocky swaying back and forth of this election cycle seems to be righting itself. Perhaps the electorate is facing the reality of the possibility of a Cruz nomination gained by questionable means. My perception of the two men, Mr. Trump and Sen. Cruz, is that one is willing to work hard for the nomination and the American people, and the other is willing to obtain the nomination for special interests and Wall Street by whatever means are available and necessary. Hopefully, the real Sen. Cruz is being exposed.

• roxanne175 says:

I think it is because people are realizing that he has to “buy” his delegates and that his people and the GOPe can pretty up their excuses all they want but people know cheating when they see it.

• lilann2012 says:

I agree with you. It’s cheating. But the GOPe will tell you it’s all legal. What a crock!

• shallbe4 says:

Carl Rove and his pack have softened up on Trump. They have realized that Trump is a smart man and would work with packs if we can get the better of the deals. When you add that to the gentleman from the GOP yesterday who said that Trump will get the nomination even if he only has 1100 delegates. They are sick of a screwball a week worming their way into the GOP’s hearts only to be considered failures the next week. They have been telling themselves they will lose if they have to as long as they stop Trump. But now that the reality is they could lose big the idea is not palatable.

11. That poll can’t possibly be true because I was just watching Fox News tonight and they didn’t say anything about Cruz slumping or Trump climbing. (the preceding remark was sarcasm)

12. WeThePeople2016 says:

NY Lawmaker: Donald Trump Will Win 1,270 Delegates and Win Nomination by July (VIDEO)

13. Tonawanda says:

I don’t know about you folks, but everywhere I go everyone of whatever political inclination doesn’t take long to observe that Cruz is creepy, is a liar, or is a creepy liar. This is as close to a national consensus as we are going to get about anything, it seems.

14. labrat says:

Has anyone ever seen this letter to the editor that Trump wrote to the Reno Gazette back in January? He really needs to find more exposure for his more serious stuff. More substance, less “grabgate”.

The United States of America is a land of laws, and Americans value the rule of law above all. Why, then, has our Congress allowed the president and the executive branch to take on near-dictatorial power? How is it that we have a president who will not enforce some laws and who encourages faceless, nameless bureaucrats to manage public lands as if the millions of acres were owned by agencies such as the Bureau of Land Management and the Department of Energy? In Nevada, the lack of enforcement of immigration laws and the draconian rule of the BLM are damaging the economy, lowering the standard of living and inhibiting natural economic growth. The only way to change these circumstances is to bring to Washington a president who will rein in the federal government and get Congress to do its job. It’s not that we don’t have talented people in D.C. It’s that we have no leadership there.

15. Welll, SkeDaddle, it appears Fox News recognizes that Trump has hit his ceiling. /sarc

16. TwoLaine says:

Yes, I think today is the first day the networks realized TRUMP is going all the way and HE WILL WIN! 😉

17. Serpentor says:

“It is a remarkably unique circumstance almost exclusive to Senator Ted Cruz”

Yes, except this phenomena has also been noted with Hillary Clinton, and the Clintons are well aware of it. The more time she has front and center, the worse she polls – historically speaking.

What’s interesting about this is that both Ted Cruz and Hillary Clinton are rumored to be insufferably unlikable on a personal level. People that know them in real life have reported them to be unlikable or downright deplorable.

My guess is that this observation is some sort of collective unconscious awareness that seeps up when they see these two. They simply aren’t likable people.

• shallbe4 says:

Trump can do 3 rallies a day and say about the same things at each rally and people will flock to see him — wait hours just to hear what he has to say. Cruz and Hillary cannot attract a crowd because they speak from their wallets while Trump speaks from his heart.

18. willie says:

It would be even larger if everyone would quit watching the cockroach cable news channels. I did it after suffering withdrawal, but now I am never grouchy because I didn’t waste 4-6 hours listening to moron bobble heads who are not qualified to comment to my cat!

• Joe says:

I know the feeling, although it was a website for me. I’m never going back.

• lilann2012 says:

I cut the cable cord 3 years ago. Never suffered withdrawal, but I do suffer with Sunday news morning shows on OTA. OMG, what the media has done to all of us! Thank you for this site!

• Paul Killinger says:

Your cat’s smarter!

• TedTheImpaler says:

I stopped in 2007. I used to watch cartoons in the morning while eating breakfast with my 1 year old daughter. I was in a great mood all day. Then I’d come home and watch Fox from about 6 until 10. I’d go to sleep pissed off. That’s when I realized the news was unhealthy. I cancelled cable and bought my kids a bunch of cartoons on DVD. Been happier ever since.

19. Jody Wright says:

Just another bit of info…My long-time girlfriend and her husband (Democrats) he is retired construction worker (we are in Texas) just got off the phone with her and they like and would
    vote Trump in the general! I never would have believed it. … wow, just wow… She told me after I told her I just got my poodle his Trump T-Shirt in the mail … We have always been different on politics… shocked i tell ya…

20. Suzy Kiprien says:

After Cruz and family CNN town hall last night, I think Cruz will sink even more.
    You compare the Trump and Cruz families, not very difficult to see who you want in the White House.

21. Bull Durham says:

Dana Perino, the Bush stand-in, voice of the Houston warmongers, is like a prim dainty bordello specialist in ****** *******. She ****** on everything Trump, with a sunflower smile.

I always wonder about women who prefer a large dog over her own potential as a mother.

(Comment Edited by Admin…)

22. Bull Durham says:

THE GRAND HYATT HOTEL. A project taken by Trump at the age of 27, then the Commodore Hotel, a rat trap, crime-infested area, eyesore, sinkhole for the city. He took it, made a 40 year deal of tax abatement, renewed it and 20 years later sold his half for 150 million dollars. That’s the location the Party is using tonight.

Early on Donald Trump was saving NYC from itself. Think of the 40 years of employed people associated with the renewal.and the staffing.

• Riddick says:

I worked then at Mobil Oil, building directly across the intersection (diagonally), and watched it transform from my office window.

• ladypenquin says:

New Yorkers know what Trump has done for the city. My daughter’s mother-in-law had a friend who held a baby shower for my daughter in a Trump residential building. They told be all about the old rotted and abandoned railroad tracks that used to be there…

23. Happened to me… I loved Ted Cruz, he was my number 1 until Iowa. He was suppose to be the smart guy in the race.. the fighter. He is really just an a-hole lawyer who uses Jesus for votes. I find Cruz despicable and the longer this has gone on I cant even look at him or listen to him.
    I never disliked Trump so my transition to him was easy.

• 4 brutaltruth says:

Same here. I was a Cruz supporter but switched to Trump shortly after he entered the race; however Cruz remained my 2nd choice. Now I despise Cruz, so disgusting to see him lie about Trump. I donated to Cruz 3 times and went yo his religious liberty rally in SC, but since he turned on Trump & became so nasty I hate to hear him with his phony Christian babble. He is despicable.

• TedTheImpaler says:

I question Cruz’s intelligence. If he had a strategic brain cell in his head he would have seen in the lead up to Iowa that he could have joined forces with Trump and been a shoe-in for the VP slot. He could have quietly gone to Washington, built his power base in a Trump administration, then made a serious run for the presidency in 2020 or 2024, when he will still be young enough. Instead, his ambition got the best of him and he shot his wad. He was unable to keep the mask on long enough to cover up his sleazy nature and he has no chance of winning office, has blown away any support he had for VP or a Supreme Court position, and will slink back to TX where he will be lucky if he can hold on to his Senate seat. He’s all in the way that Gore was and will have a similar fate, struggling to find the next act in his life after being exposed for the loser that he is.

• platypus says:

You would not believe the effect a narcissist’s infatuation has on his/her higher reasoning centers of the brain. It’s like cocaine – nothing else matters and nothing can stop me.

• I also believe that once Cruz started taking the Establishment money in a big way, it came with Establishment advisers, and that they made sure that he moved away from Trump in irreversible ways. At that same time, I was very sensitive to his shifting strategy with his supporters, and was frankly appalled by the change in tone. It was clear that some big shift in his campaign was taking place. Not surprising that bridges to Trump were being burned.

• shallbe4 says:

Cruz uses people. With Trump he wanted to find out what made him successful, then copy it and finally destroy Trump. Cruz thinks he is destined for greatness but he is so over the top that he always blows it.

• ladypenquin says:

Cruz had been my guy, donated to his campaign, I think 3 times also, and then it was just over for me. The more I found myself defending Trump – even as a Cruz supporter – the more I found that what was happening before my very eyes with Cruz was unacceptable. And that was the end.

• Gayle says:

I was a Cruz supporter too. Once I changed to Trump after he announced, I wondered if I was just being hard on Cruz because I switched. Now he repulses me.

• SR says:

I am non-religious, legal immigrant, independent (just became Republican for few months to vote Trump in primary). Yes I am in top 10% tax bracket and well educated.

Just want to let media know that Trump has a support from legal immigrants who are successful and paying taxes.

24. Raffaella says:

Sundance, great observation.

Cruz is so creepy and sleazy that the best campaign strategy against him is to allow him to get as much exposure as possible. The more people see him and hear him, the more they dislike him.

That Colorado debacle had a very bad appearance for him. It would not surprise me if Cruz does not win another state.

25. roxanne175 says:

Music to my ears.

26. preppin247 says:

Pa ground report..lyinted recently held a rally in my town… local news covered it as feature story..crowd was stated as ” under a thousand ” footage showed zero enthusiasm as he blatherd on.. Trump signs in the back of pickup windows becoming commonplace

27. james23 says:

Hilarious. these folks at the NYC event are ignoring Lyin Ted. Talking over him. Whats for desert? What the Yankees doing? etc

28. JTR says:

The Trump op ed at the top of Drudge is very good. It should be required reading for all Americans. Meanwhile, Cruz is talking at the Gala and it looks like nobody is even paying attention to him.

29. clash108 says:

There’s a good possibility Cruz will finish third in some, if not all of the next 6 primaries. That’s why I believe Manafort (this my speculation) told Trump to forget California right now and go for the Jugular now. By the the end of these 6, Cruz will be running on fumes, and California will fall right in place with Trump doing better than the polls indicate right now. A lot of
    Cruz supporters will stay home in California because the enthusiasm will be extinguished and the futility will be realized.

• Trumped says:

Still I demand( 😀 ) 3-4 huge stadium rallys before MAY 23rd! to get a good amount of people registred before the deadline.
      There is a huge potential of independents for Trump in CA! but most never cared for their registration in primary season.

This will decide if CA splits or goes 2/3 to Trump.

30. Thomas Berwick says:

Trump’s op-ed in the Wall Street Journal (see in link below) may very well cause the trend being discussed on this thread to turn down exponentially:

31. Mike says:

Speaking Of Cruz, our own Donald Trump takes him and the GOPe to task in a piece in the WSJ

32. Bull Durham says:

A tuxedo made him look even more of a FRAUD.

He appears like greeter at bad brothel-nightclub on the seedy side of some corrupt town, South of the Border, down where crabs aren’t seafood and candy wrappers clog the septic lines.

33. paulraven1 says:

Some good news! Let’s have a party.

34. sandraopines says:

I have missed Hollywood Squares. I soooooooooooo love the numbers too!

May the trend continue! Trump 1237 and 2016

• Chris in Australia says:

Listen up Yanks !
      I read the WSJ Op-Ed.
      If your Space Program was run like your Electoral System, you would all be outside learning how to fly a kite.
      BTW. you can send Trump down here any time you like to straighten out our mess. Or make us the 51st State.

• shallbe4 says:

Chris — it would give us great pleasure to make Australia our 51st state. I know we feel like total fools for allowing Obama to pretty near destroy our country. What do the Aussies think of Americans?

• Chris in Australia says:

We have great respect for the Americans, and are in ore of what you have achieved in science and civil construction. I love the Verrazano–Narrows Bridge. I love New York and when I’m in the US, I stay with family in PA, just outside Philadelphia. Bucks County, PA.
          But, your electoral system is a mess.
          Australia has compulsory voting.
          The Australian Electoral Commission controls all voting across all states and all parties. The rules are the same for everyone, no matter where you live.
          Everyone has to vote and gets a vote. All votes are equal value.
          Maybe it is the only thing we can teach you ???

35. freddy says:

Frustration is like your friends support Cruz and you can’t stand the sight of him…. I have a hole where I bit my lip so many times. I don’t drink but might have to start. All I see around Cruz is a dark cloud dirty tricks and really fanatical people. Trump people are enthusiastic but not like the pure conservatives like Beck and friends. Their logic is pretzel at best and the campaign stinks to high heaven with nasty donors and double speak backstabbers. Not sure why I see that and others don’t. I respect the right of choice but come on we are burning daylight here and wasting time bickering. Cruz is done admit it .. Fields wan’t thrown to the ground. Get real…..

36. rinokiller says:

Remember

Jebbie is waiting for the results!

37. Daz says:

Don”t know if it”s been posted .but more bad news for Cruz if this article is true.

38. bertdilbert says:

Under a Cruz “Christian Sharia” presidency, Viagra would be banned. Unless of course, you produced a marriage certificate and wife certified as child bearing material, who is sworn not to use any birth control.

39. Daz says:

Which Judge? The Supreme Court already ruled 4 times a natural born citizen was a child born on US soil to two US Citizen. If youre talking about the NJ Judge , he cant overturn supreme court ruling.

• why do the unAmerican traitors of the political-media-bureaucrat class love illegals SO MUCH?

Because they want the nation of laws to become a nation of chaos, ruled over by CIA puppets with the national security state behind the scenes.

THAT is why the uniparty exists.

40. Barry Odinga says:

Hey Teddy did you find the bogel for the glotch?

41. Jeff Stanley says:

“But… but… but… Wisconsin!…”

42. The latest Convention floor never Trump strategy is using the rules to wipeout Trump. See here: https://thebuckleyclub.com/rule-40-doesn-t-mean-what-you-think-it-means-1b020d4c069#.qn1l75fwm

43. mhs100 says:

I watched the Republican GALA. Trump was technical and interesting. Cruz is too boring to be President. Congress would fall asleep on Cruz and nothing would get accomplished. Cruz deliverance is horrible and pitiful. Kasich is goofy and wimpy.

44. Kroesus says:

Can someone please repost the link to the long article on the boards 3 days ago establishing Eleanor Wilson’s British-Canadian citizen status and therefore Cruz’s Canadian citizen status…it did not properly copy to my save doc and I cannot find it on searches….thank you

45. r. e. says:

Cruz can never win the general election. Even GOP bigwig Alex Castellanos’ has said* that Cruz is the ‘narrowest’ expression of Republican appeal, could only win if he stops campaigning until Christmas, buys a disguise. ‘Nixon without the charm’.

QUOTE:
    Neither this convention nor the Republican Party wants Ted Cruz as their nominee for President. Republican regulars suspect that in a general election, he would be Richard Nixon without the charm, Barry Goldwater with diminished powers of attraction. Cruz, they fear, is the narrowest possible expression of the Republican Party’s appeal and would lead the ticket to slaughter. It is a testament to the routine occurrence of the impossible this election that the candidate most party regulars initially feared as the worst possible nominee is now their both their runner-up and Miss Congeniality. If Ted Cruz really wants to win this election, he should buy a disguise and stop campaigning until Christmas. Perhaps Senator Cruz has also figured that out: His lead has grown in Wisconsin as he has ducked FOX’s Sean Hannity offer to give him an hour of free television for 10 straight days.*