The New York Times / CBS have conducted a new national poll (full pdf below).  The results show candidate Donald Trump has gained an additional 11 points in the past 30 days and now leads with 46% support nationally.

74% of those polled refuse to support Ted Cruz and a full 80% of those polled refuse to support John Kasich.  When you keep in mind this poll is a selected NYT/CBS release, and when you consider this poll does not include independents, a person can reasonably presume the support for Donald Trump is factually much, much higher.

One of the internal poll results the media will refuse to highlight is how futile the #NeverTrump campaign effort has been.   The poll actually shows that more people refuse to ever support Ted Cruz than refuse to support Donald Trump. (see below)

(Via New York Times) The nationwide telephone poll was conducted March 17 to 20 on cellphones and landlines with 1,252 adults, of which 1,058 said they were registered voters, including 362 Republican primary voters and 388 Democratic primary voters. The margin of sampling error is plus or minus three percentage points for all adults; four points for all voters; six points for Republican primary voters; and six points for Democratic primary voters.

Among Democrats, doubts persist about Mrs. Clinton, with 40 percent of her own party’s primary voters saying she is not honest and trustworthy. She is viewed unfavorably by 52 percent of all voters, among the highest percentage since the question was first asked during the 1992 presidential race.

“I think she’ll say whatever she needs to to get elected, and what she says may not be what she’s planning to do,” said Patricia Lawrence, 55, a Philadelphia Democrat who is supporting Mr. Sanders. “I was concerned already when she was first lady, though I don’t know what it is. I just don’t know, and when we find out, it may be too late.” (read more)

Look at the “Never Cruz” result:

nyt screenshot poll 3-21-16

Here’s the full poll pdf:

marco rubio - Trump hat

This entry was posted in Donald Trump, Election 2016, Kasich / NDfA GOPe War, media bias, Notorious Liars, Ted Cruz, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

122 Responses to New York Times/CBS Poll: 74% of Republicans Don’t Support Cruz, 80% Don’t Support Kasich…

1. The 7th Trump says:

The converging forces creating “Popunationalism”….Feel free to use. This will be a tidal wave in November. Hilary is unelectable.

• Dick Albright says:

TrumpUSAmericanism! Sunami ! Hillary will be in jail and Bernie back living in his car in Cruz’s Chapel of Dominion Theology parking lot built by documented Cuban immigrants. Kasich will be delivering mail. Little Rubio will be doing dishes at Mar Lago. Beck will have his conservator schedule conjugal visits. Levin will be walking his dog. Savage will be writing his next book, “Over There” (in the UK), and Rush will be golfing with W, saying “I told you so!”. And China will begin importing Iphones from San Fransisco and Seattle.

2. NJF says:

Lol nice hat little Marco!

It’s amazing what an epic fail the GOP is.

3. Robert Pilchman says:

An attempt to communicate with a fanatical #NeverTrump blogger : http://queenofliberty.com/2016/03/18/nevertrump-defined/comment-page-1/#comment-52490 By the way, this blogger stated (in http://queenofliberty.com/2016/03/18/nevertrump-defined/comment-page-1/#comment-52459 ) “Trump is an extremely dangerous man and so are his supporters”.

This reminds me of Top Gun – “I am dangerous” –

Am I also blacklisted? I guess there’s no where to go but up🙂

• Robert, she’s an idiot. She believes all the BS that the opposition has put out about Trump. I’m a woman and love Trump. Have always been a fan. I was born in NY so know what he is, what he is capable of doing and where he is coming from. His persona is his “brand”. You need it if you want to do business in NY. That being said, the crap she posted in her “letter to Trumpies” is plain BS. She is will follow LyingTed to the grave. Good for her. We are on the right side. Donald Trump is the man who loves the USA and will do what is right to make it the way it should be. Stand firm. I try to convert some but some you just have to let go. With this cheating scandal, we will see which way the dominos fall. I would bet they will stand by their man. Whatever. That’s one thing I tell people, I have no illusions about Trump, I know who and what he is but I still think he is the right and best choice to save the USA.

4. Eric Kennedy says:

I think we need to focus on the GOPe’s next line in the sand – Wisconsin. This state worries me because of the influence of Ryan. I read that the northern and western parts of the state are more pro-Trump, but the southern and eastern parts are more anti-Trump. Unfortunately, the latter are the more populous areas. Hoping Kasich and Cruz split the anti-Trump vote.

But I really think Wisconsin is key.

• NHVoter says:

I agree re Wisconsin.

Many of our NH staffers are in Wisconsin to help us.🙂

• Robert Pilchman says:

I’m also concerned about the delegates. On the radio I just heard the expression TINO – Trump In Name Only delegates.

• politijim says:

One method to this is public shaming. if a list of delegates is broadly publicized representing them and True Trump delegates can capture their local delegate vote at the convention – it’s possible the betrayal on a local level might be enough of a deterrent. Remember, a lot of these delegates are precinct chairs, and local elected officials who also have to deal with their own constituencies when they return home.

• varangia says:

Agree but we don’t want overzealous Trump supporters harassing and threatening delegates. Everyone really needs to be on the ball – aggressive and polite.

• politijim says:

I’m talking about having the communication apparatus in place DURING THE CONVENTION to inform the constituencies each delegate represents that their delegate is disenfranchising their vote so the constituents can start flooding their emails, phones etc allowing these delegates to understand there is a price to pay. And I doubt Donald will be – or should he be – polite to theft and subversion of democratic principles the GOP claims is the basis for their party.

• stobberdobber says:

Wisconsin delegates are required to vote for the candidate they are bound to period.

• stobberdobber says:

Under Wisconsin state party rules, the delegates must support their candidate unless that person releases them. They can also support someone else if their candidate does not receive at least one-third of the total votes cast in any vote for the nomination.

• Martin says:

Trump is winning Wisconsin. No worries.

• Eric Kennedy says:

Martin, your “positivity” always makes me feel better.🙂 I’m a worrier by nature.

• Martin says:

Wisconsin is an open primary. Favors Trump. Cruz can’t win an OPEN primary outside his home state (Texas).

• parteagirl says:

If Texas got to re-vote tomorrow, I kind of doubt Cruz would win.

• AMD_Afficionado says:

Maybe there are those who, like John Bolton’s father, aren’t allowed to switch parties because of their union membership but if that’s the case then they have bigger problems.

• stobberdobber says:

“While I can’t dispute that, I still do not like the idea of an open primary as it just invites fraud and shenanigans and it just doesn’t make sense that people who aren’t part of an organization (which is free and effortless to join) can have a say in how it conducts itself.”

Quite frankly I am glad I have moved to a state that has an open primary. I lived in Florida for a long time and refused to affiliate with either of the parties because I don’t always agree enough with any of the nominees to vote for them. At least now I didn’t have to change my affiliation to vote for a nominee, although I would have this year, even though it would bind me to them for a long time. At least now I can still be an independent and vote for a nominee, especially at a time when it is needed so badly.

• Martin is great. BTW Martin-I hope you’re the Dallas Stars fan?-I just looked at an NHL power ranking, Stars are No. 2 after the Caps. And I’m a worrier too.

• Robert Pilchman says:

The ‘Fight or Flight’ reaction is a normal reaction when being threatened … WE NEED TO WIN!

• Sentient says:

I agree. Wisconsin is key. Indiana is important, but that should be easier for Trump. Nebraska is important and there is ZERO polling from there. We have to hope that Trump’s rise in national polls is happening within these states, too.

• Martin says:

Indiana and Nebraska primaries are in May. Trump will be the only one left by then.

• klm says:

Indiana will go GOPe /Cruz, open primary, Indy & Cook county dems will cross for Cruz to block Trump. Gov Pence major GOPe tool. It is winner take all, so I am hoping Trump will spend time here, north/chicago, south/louisville and maybe Indy. Rep carson is a D/muslim and he controls what happens back in Indy

• Martin says:

That’s if Cruz is around by then (May 3rd). Even if so, Trump will still win Indiana because that state is another OPEN primary. Remember, Cruz can’t win an open primary outside his home state (Texas).

• singtune says:

I do not Believe that~! The People in Indiana that I know{& I lived there for a few years & taught there}are very Nationalistic & would naturally FAVOR TRUMP~!

• Athena the Warrior says:

Really? Only Trump is trying to protect jobs like the Carrier ones located in Indiana. Matter of fact, I don’t think I’ve ever heard Cruz or Kasich mention what a horrible situation it is that 1,400 Americans are losing their jobs.

• Meezer says:

I don’t know about that. Here in NW Indiana there are a lot of union members (steel mills, BP refinery, etc.,) that like Trump. The media market here in NWI is dominated by Chicago. We all say what happened in Chicago. Trump took Illinois, Michigan & Kentucky all of whom went for Trump big time🙂

• tz says:

It will become clear Cruz can only win a brokered convention, ie be a splitter/spoiler, especially if Kasich stays in. Trump needs about 50%, Cruz 80% of the remaining delegates today. That should narrow by May to 60% – 95%, or even 60%/105% so a vote for Cruz will be a vote for Ryan.

• big bad mike says:

Reverse – look at the Illinois and UP/Michigan result and you will see – Trump will take Eastern WI from Kenosha to Green Bay – devastated by NAFTA.

• inspiredbytrump says:

Let’s not forget Reines P relationship with Wisconsin, Ryan and Walker.

• Bull Durham says:

Ryan could even carry his district in the 2012 election. His influence in Wisconsin is paper thin. Look at the team from Wisconsin. Walker (out like a lightweight), Pubis at the RNC and Ryan. They are all “over”, done.

• amjean says:

The Madison and Milwaukee areas are liberal.
      The rest of the state is mostly conservative.

I am not sure that manufacturing has taken
      such a big hit as the rest of the country. Still
      have the paper mill industry and Harley.

5. justfactsplz says:

This blows Cruz’s harping about the majority of republicans don’t support Trump out of the water. Cruz’s credibility is on par with that of Hillary’s zilch. Americans don’t want to support a liar. As far as Kasich goes, he is uniparty, he leans democrat along with republican.

• margarite1 says:

I didn’t bother watching Cruz’s speech today but can he get through a conversation/speech without focusing on Trump? Is he nothing but opposition to Trump or does he actually have a vision that would exist without DJT? Hard to tell….

To me the man is a slimely, smarmy scheming lying arrogant backstabber. UGH!

6. Sandra says:

HAHAHAHHA that headline!!!!! Excellent!

7. NHVoter says:

Mwahahaha! Suck on that, Cruzers!

8. Voltaire's Crack says:

For the first time in this election cycle, LTD and Choppin’ John are ahead of Donald!!!

9. wheatietoo says:

Hillary is unlikeable.
    Bill knows this…that’s why he is trying to separate her out from the failed presidency of OZero.
    It won’t work.

Hillary is so unlikeable that producing favorable polling results for her has got to be a herculean task.
    They seem to be avoiding even trying to do it.

10. Voltaire's Crack says:

The head-to-head numbers between R & D candidates seems so opposite the primary numbers. What gives?

11. rumpole2 says:

Lets hope Lyin’ Ted does not get 50% in Utah tomorrow.
    It looks likely he will win😦 but not making 50% could make the difference between Lyin’ Ted getting less than 20 delegates as opposed to 40.

12. keebler AC says:

Kasich has the charisma of an eel. Definitely, some sea amphibian with a crusty shell too. He’s hairy and constantly moulting, and even he doesn’t know what the moult will reveal. Back when he was gangsta’ attacking Trump with a New Day, he was all Karate Chop. He keeps saying we’ve underestimated the crustacean. He walks like one.

13. keebler AC says:

If Kasich doesn’t make it to the convention with 8 states, does his delegates automatically roll up to Trump in Ohio?

14. keebler AC says:

Is there any truth to the rumor that votes for Trump from non-Republican registered voters are considered soft and unbound? Will it be easy to tabulate later which votes came from which affiliated voter group?

Since it is easy to change your registration after your state primary, I suggest Trump supporters register as Republican.

• NJF says:

I don’t think that has anything to do with bound vs unbound delegates. My understanding is that a certain number from each contest are “unbound”.

The ones he has in his win column are considered bound per election results. For the first ballot that’s how they have to vote.

That’s my understanding.

• KBR says:

I do not comprehend all this reluctance to change party affiliation! It is not difficult!
        Why would any Trump supporter take ANY chance that the GOPe might discount their vote?
        Get your party affiliation changed people! Don’t take a chance!

• stobberdobber says:

I think Pennsylvania has all unbound delegates. I remember thinking then why have a primary, but it also said they usually go for the leading candidate depending on the primaries

15. patti says:

Voter registration deadline approaching for Pa., Del.
    Online application at link:

16. John Galt says:

“The poll actually shows that more people refuse to ever support Ted Cruz”

So some people are actually paying attention. Very encouraging.

17. Pingback: Ceiling: Waxed - Daily Pundit

18. John Galt says:

“Donald Trump has gained an additional 11 points in the past 30 days”

Baby tomatoes need to ketch-up.

19. Sedanka says:

castraTED.

20. mickie says:

Sundance, we still need confetti in Kasich’s square!!LOL

21. Voltaire's Crack says:

Given that Cruz isn’t making a big dent, he’s running out of time before he’s also mathematically eliminated from the 1237 number. You’d think this would be his best time to deal, no?

I heard Trump is going to release 5-10 names of people who would be his Supreme Court nominee pool and that he won’t go outside these names in selecting his nominee. Is that bait for Ted to make a deal to get his name added to the list or is it already too late.

You’d think that even if Trump can’t stand Cruz, he wants to do something to make Cruz’s followers move over to Trump with some enthusiasm.

• parteagirl says:

The thing about Trump nominating Cruz to the Supreme Court is that the Senate still must confirm him. Oooops. Ted was never good at thinking ahead.

• KBR says:

Cruz needs to only be offered a CABINET position if anything at all. If he does well, he can try again. If he does not he can be FIRED!
      He can hope for a SCOTUS appt later, or try another run. He is a JUNIOR senator for goodness sake. His ambition exceeds his experience by far!

(And I despise Cruz, and do not trust him. Since he cannot be trusted, I fully expect he would be fired.)

• John Galt says:

“Is that bait for Ted to make a deal to get his name added to the list ”

No, Ted is completely unqualified to be on the SCOTUS. Previous experience as a judge, much less a federal judge = none.

• amjean says:

I don’t get it.

Why does anyone think that 1) Ted Cruz has the intellectual
      chops, expertise and experience to be a supreme court justice,
      2) why would Trump want to reward Lyin Ted with any position
      and 3) why would Americans want Ted Cruz, a Canadian who
      lied about his birth status, even in congress at all?

Why, because some fee sorry for him not coming in first place?
      He needs to be rewarded for his duplicity because we feel bad
      for him?

22. jackphatz says:

Has anyone seen national polls showing Trump against Hillary? I’d love to have one to shove up the noses of a few ignorant juveniles.

• dizzymissl says:

They are meaningless at this point:

March Polling
      1948–Truman Dewey 39% 47%
      1980—Reagan Carter 33 58
      1992—Clinton Bush 25 44
      2008-Obama McCain 43 47

• bdc5551 says:

There is a major difference in Trump vs Clinton. Both Trump and Clinton have near 100% name recognition. Hillary because she was a former first lady and has been in the political discussion for over 20 years.Trump is well known because he is a celebrity and is arguably the most famous person in the world at this moment.

Every candidate that overcame low polling numbers in March was not well known to the average general election voter (whom are low-information voters) or they are incumbents presidents. Lesser known candidates can improve their numbers as more voters learn about them. Incumbent presidents are an exception because they are hard to defeat and often most people have negative opinions of the president after the honeymoon period after they are elected.

So what we have in Trump vs Clinton is a historical anomaly and Hillary has been defeating Trump very consistently in hypothetical match-ups and by pretty big margins. The couple polls that show Trump beating Clinton are by rather small margins.

You can’t ignore these polls. I support Trump like everyone else here, but you guys need to realize that most likely Hillary will beat Trump. She will be very, very, hard to beat. Cruz would lose too.

23. TheTorch says:

Excellent Sundance, throw it right back at them! They started this nonsense about the %!😀

24. Sandy says:

Yeah Trump!!!!!! Happy!!

25. sundance says:

26. UPDATE:
    100% of Republicans don’t support either Romney or Ryan in this latest poll.

27. Bull Durham says:

When the DOJ is in Trump’s hands, all these domestic disruptors will be sailing for Venezuela.

• George True says:

The ‘reverend’ Al Sharpton has already announced that if Trump becomes president, Sharpton will leave the country. If I were the Donald, I would have some fun with this. Publicly offer to make the Trump 757 available at no charge to fly reverend Al anywhere he wants to go in the world – provided he makes good on his promise to leave and not come back.

• canadacan says:

Venezuelan doesn’t want them

28. Pam says:

I have admit this poll is really an eye opener. Translation: The people have made their choice and they don’t want it stolen from them. 😉

29. Joe says:

I keep getting revelations.

My newest? That my angst regarding the push back, from the GOPe, would be successful. I must have been an idiot.

Why would I worry that the losers who support McCain, Romney, etc., would defeat a Trump?

Man do I feel better!

30. Pingback: NYT / CBS Poll : 74% of Republicans Don't Support Cruz, 80% Don't Support Kasich - Stumpin' For Trump!

31. R-C says:

Ouch! I’ll bet the CruzBots have a hard time manipulating THIS to their advantage… I just now left Brietbart, where I metaphorically whopped some Cruzbot on the head with his idiot assertion that Trump couldn’t win the general. Might have to revisit my previous barrage to add this High-Explosive round as the coup-de-grace…

Sigh…Cruzbots are becoming ever more shrill…

32. Jody Brockhausen says:

P E O P L E O F U T A H G E T O U T A N D V O T E F O R T R U M P ! ! !

Mormon General Authority (2000-2009)
    Endorses Trump For President!

Donald J. Trump
    March 19 ·

An honor to be endorsed by General Robert Charles Oaks! THANK YOU, GENERAL!

4 Star General Robert Charles Oaks is a retired U.S. Air Force general who served as commander of Air Training Command and United States Air Forces in Europe. Oaks was also a general authority of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS Church) from 2000 to 2009. He is a first cousin to LDS Church apostle Dallin H. Oaks. General Robert Oaks, and his wonderful wife Gloria are amazing leaders- and they want a leader in the White House!

33. Pingback: The #NeverCruz movement is far bigger than #NeverTrump...