California Poll: Donald Trump 38%, Raphael Cruz 22%, John Kasich 20%…

A new poll from California (full pdf below) conducted by NSON Opinion Strategy portends very favorably toward candidate Donald Trump.  While the initial “Top Lines” may seem soft the poll itself was very selective in those targeted for questioning.

The poll targeted four specific congressional districts, and registered Republican voters, from political data, within those districts who voted in the past four elections; and does not include those who have not previously been heavily involved in political voting.   Therefore this poll is inclusive of the most hard-core of mainstream RV’s.

When you consider the ‘new voters’ and the most recently awakened ‘silent majority’, who have been mostly absent from politics (due to frustration), you begin to see the scope of the support for candidate Trump is considerably “understated” in the poll.  Despite this flaw in the methodology, Trump still comes out on top.

trump caravan florida

This entry was posted in Donald Trump, Election 2016, media bias, Professional Idiots, propaganda, Ted Cruz, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

163 Responses to California Poll: Donald Trump 38%, Raphael Cruz 22%, John Kasich 20%…

1. NYGuy54 says:

I am getting tired of winning.

2. Martin says:

Trump will be the one left by the time the California primary takes place on June 7th.

• ECM says:

Correct!

• Bull Durham says:

Cali voters. Be certain you are registered Republican. If Indie or Dem or some other registration, on line County Registrar change is easy to do. Get it done now.

• Forest Tull says:

My family and myself have already re-registered Republican so we can vote for Trump come June 7th, here in Cali. We were Repubs for years but left for the Libertarians when the RINO’s started taking over. Most importantly we are conservatives and will not help the RINO’s destroy our once great nation. The Trumpster brought us back, GO TRUMP 2016!!

• sam says:

I have a confession. I’m in california and never voted before, this time will be voting for Donald Trump!

• uvaldegirl says:

I recently re-registered to Republican online. I expected to get a mailed notification. Any idea if that will be forthcoming — if you are a CA resident. Thanks for any input.

• Bull Durham says:

They should have sent an email notification if you entered it. They say it takes 2 weeks.
          I a few weeks call your County Registrar and make certain. Never assume. All you will get is a provisional ballot if you try on Voting day.

I received my email verification. I expect a mailed official notice in two weeks. Just did mine today.

Be assertive when the two weeks are up. It’s just government bozos. You pay their salary.

• donnajeanz says:

I am in California, lots of Trump voters, 90 miles east of Sacramento in the mountains. I called my County Voters Registration office and they sent me my voter application form, filled it out today and will mail it tomorrow. I left the state for one year and had to re-register. We have to register to vote by May 23, 2016 to be able to vote in the June Primary. Always call, do not procrastinate about this. I did not take a chance on the internet, talked to a very nice lady who was more than helpful at the registration office. Peace of mind. I do not want to miss out on the Election of the Century…or at least the Election of my Lifetime…

• Forest Tull says:

We turned our registration change in to the county clerks because we didn’t want to take a chance. They told us we would get a post card in about 2 weeks. We finally received a post card verifying our change, but it took 3 or 4 weeks though!

• USARose says:

I re-registered online from independent to Republican on 1/31/16 (so I could vote Trump). I just got a confirmation in the mail this past week. So it took about a month and a half.

• noritadek says:

My husband re registered Republican just to vote for Trump on June 7th. He did it online and last week received his notification on the mail that everything was set.

• Dkefferson says:

You will receive a dull yellow post card confirming your voter registration in California.

• Bahb says:

Be careful California Voters. I’ve been registered for 60 years yet the Search engine, to show if you are registered, on the State Controller’s site, says I am not a Registered voter. I would not be allowed to vote.This “accident” would be called a computer glitch, most likely not fixable on voting day.

• deepesq says:

Is California a winner-take-all state?

• Joe Collins says:

I am a California voter and I am excited to have my Trump vote counted in June!

3. joe_blow says:

CA is very tough to poll. So many different regions and viewpoints. Not everyone out here is a deranged smelly hippie after all. In response to that you get many ultra-conservatives who like Cruz. Harder to spot the Trump supporters as many of us have to be in the closet about it to protect our careers.

• ECM says:

True, I love SD and SLO–but you couldn’t pay me to move back to LA.

• americalsgt says:

Saw an article saying in CA that Trump would have a hard time because most of the Republicans in CA were either very c

• americalsgt says:

Sorry. ?..observation and vote for Cruz or intelligent and vote for Kasich. You can start laughing at any point.

• ECM says:

I think I just tore myself from laughing…

(Note: I’m not from CA, nor do I still live there, but that observation about Californians is about the most ridiculous thing I’ve read this week.)

• Ono says:

My family has been in Ca since the mid 1800’s We have Moonbeam Brown, Feinstein, Boxer, and Pelosi. We have one of the highest costs of living in the US. Owning a home in Ca will be almost impossible for future generations. NAFTA and the EPA has decimated our manufacturing. Farming is being taken over by giant corporate elites. Water and utilities…aggghhhhh

Ca is ready for Trump in a big way. I saw Trump on the USS Iowa in Sept and look forward to another rally soon. Dodger Stadium? Hollywood Bowl? Staple Center? Anaheim Stadium? The Pond?

Trump ’16

• Rosemaryflower says:

Agree, I have a few Trump Hippie pals that live in the Mountains, they only come down to sell their crafts and stuff. They are very cool and make wood stuff, leather, and quilts

• Bull Durham says:

Californians are front runners. They will go with Trump if it looks like he will win.
      The only fly Laker flags on their cars when they make it to the semi-finals.

The ground swell for Trump is there. For months, if you engage anyone in the stores or in random conversation, they are for Trump. Just out of massive disgust. Not ideology. The issue is most people have been screwed over with jobs, with health care costs, with taxes and living in the Liberal hothouse where they invent one crazy idea and law every hour.

Guns, illegals, jobs, education costs, crime, government over-reach and the experience of seeing California totally destroyed in the last twenty years.

Trump will take it big if he comes here and advertises a little on TV and radio.

• Don’t forget that gay men Love Trump. I think there are some gay communities in Cali…

• jennie says:

…or in the closet to protect our property. I’m up in NorCal and don’t dare put a Trump sign on my yard or vehicle. Very Christian Conservative area up here but we’ve been infiltrated by small patches of SF aging hippies and DINKS. These people drive matching Prius’ and wear their perpetually offended attitudes on their shoulders.

• Bahb says:

Yes “In the closet” is a BIG problem here in California. Are we more fraidy cat here? Or are there just more psychos congregated here? Silicon Valley carries a BIG stick against Trump, as does Hollywood of course. But never fear….we who are committed will still work hard to GOTV!

• Kent says:

So keep it under your hat…it’s sad but so are four cut tires or a keyed paint job.

I’m in Texas and I don’t fly a ‘Trump flag’ on my pickup truck, or a sign in my yard, mainly because I don’t like to be hassled or make others ‘feel’ hassled.

Mine isn’t an attitude based personality.

Vandalism or personal harassment are not particularly likely, but I do live in a mostly Hispanic neighborhood in a town with a large Af-Am population and I am a late middle-aged white male.

They’ve likely got it figured out but no need to push anyone with self control or impulsivity issues.

• zero2sixty says:

We have “Trump 2016” and “Make America Great Again” bumper stickers on all of our cars. We live north of Sacramento and have had a few people give a thumbs up to us and point to the stickers. Even had someone in the L.A. area do the same when we made a trip down there!

4. GSR says:

Toronto Ted is a joke. A corporate lawyer with his wife who proposes melding Mexico into the USA.

5. Bull Durham says:

Reuters rolling five day: Trump up 6 @ 49.7%
    Cruz going south.

6. Zennalou says:

Recent California, New York, and Arizona polls looking good!
    Why aren’t we getting any polls from Utah, I would like to see at least one.

• Finalage says:

It’s a caucus so they are fixing to steal it. Shenanigans that Cruz and Romney specialize in. I’m glad Trump is doing a rally to show he has strong support in Utah too!

• joe_blow says:

Trump genuinely isn’t very popular in UT compared to Cruz. It’ll likely be similar numbers to ID.

• faridrushdi says:

I lived in Utah for 20 years (I am now just over the border in Idaho — sorry about that Cruz vote) and every year Utah had the highest phone fraud because the people are just so nice. Someone would call up and try to get Sister Jones to buy some insurance. “How much?” she would ask. “$40/month” the guy would say. “Oh, dear, you need to make more than that.” I mean, that’s Utah.

Same thing applies to polls. “Mrs. Johnson, who do you plan on voting for president this Tuesday?” “Well, I don’t know, who are you going to vote for?” “Mam, we can’t tell you that. I can tell you that all the candidates are good men.” “Ok,” said Mrs. Johnson, I’ll vote for the third name you mentioned. Bye Bye.

It was almost that bad.

• Trust No One says:

I got polled tonight. Number was from New York so I answered hoping it was a poll. lol. Sounded like a Cruz poll to me because of the questions. Anyway, I pushed the button for Definitely Not voting for Cruz and Kasich and the Definitely Voting FOR Trump. It felt Good!

7. Suzy Kiprien says:

A lot of lefties in California. Among them, Jews that hate Israel.
    I was reading this morning the highest rate of antisemitism in U.S. is in California.
    California college and university youth are being contaminated by Muslim Brotherhood associated groups such as Muslim Student Associations.
    California is also Greenie-infected aka ‘Let’s save the planet’.
    California will not be an easy win for Donald Trump. An awful lot of work to do.

• singtune says:

Much Much Better than you Think~! California will go for TRUMP~!

• Suzy Kiprien says:

Among Republicans, yes – Trump will win. Problem is Democrats.
        A lot of young adults, Latinos, and more and more mid-East voting people in California.

• Bull Durham says:

Middle class Chicanos do not like illegals. I have many close friends for over forty years here who are Mex-Am They don’t say much publicly but they feel the illegals make them look bad and take their kids’ jobs and many of their jobs, too.

Trump might unlock a few million hidden votes. He will do very well with blue collar and T-shirt males.

We have lots of military and naval bases.

And his position on retired getting full Social Security will be helpful here.

This is a state that has always reacted well to touch law and order, Rule of Law politicians.
          Running against Jerry “Sanctuary City” Brown will help enormously.

Hillary if she isn’t in ankle bracelets or house arrest will not do well. Liberals masses tend to stay home if there isn’t a huge campaign. And this State is tough for here to really campaign.

Her core followers are gays and old women. She gets the Black vote because they are robots programmed to deliver against their own best interests.

The way the Dems get out the vote will be to use provocative Propositions on the ballot.
          Like legalizing sex in public or government ice cream for everybody. You never know what’s the next big issue with the wackos here.

• NJF says:

To your last point. Although republicans/conservatives are likely in the minority, someone has to win the R primary for Cali.

Now in the general, idk. The crazy stuff that comes out about the state’s crazy, batsh$t liberal ideologies is mind blowing.

The most dramatic example was when they announced last year, that on the State’s university applications there would be 6, yes I said SIX gender classifications.

1) male
      2) female
      3) trans male
      4) trans female
      5) gender queer/gender non conforming (whatever the hell that means)
      6) “different identity” to describe their “gender identity” (huh????? The quotes are not my emphasis, it’s their’s. I mean why not just say “other”)

8. yosemite16 says:

My state! I live in Silicon Valley, and there are a surprising number of Patriots and Trump supporters here. Like a previous poster said, most of us keep it to ourselves. A Trump bumpersticker is a good way to get a car keyed.

9. Nope2GOPe says:

Is there any polling data ahead of the Arizona Primary?

10. Honest Abbey says:

So glad to see you’re using the Cuban Canadian’s birth name. I’m certain the majority of people who have voted for him don’t even know his name isn’t Ted, and a large percentage of those voters have no idea that he was born in Canada, and worse yet – many of those people don’t see Canada as being a foreign country. They think Canada is just a suburb of our northern states.

Let’s get this going!!
    No more Ted – Force him to use his given name.

11. WeThePeople2016 says:

I surmise that as we get closer to the CA primary, Trump’s poll numbers will go up. To be honest, I am surprised that Cruz is as high as 22% in CA.

12. freddy says:

I live in CA. and most of us have seen close up and personal what illegal immigration does to a state. That will help but the libs here are the real deal.. It’s so full of illegals if they can get them down to vote we are in big trouble. Who is for Trump won’t be known as they keep it close to the vest… Libs are leftys and dangerous if they find out your not like them. You know them unicorns rainbows and windmills. The greenies and the health foodies are rampant……Moonbeam is Governor..enough said….

• dakotacav says:

Would agree with your comments. I have lived here for decades, and have worked in CA politics. I have wanted so badly to display my enthusiasm for Trump but, as you say, most all of the libs here are violent lefties and are dangerous is they find out you’re not like them in every way. This goes for enviros, gays, union folks, etc. I have friends in all of these circles, and they are great people until you voice disagreement.

• belle says:

So much for the “tolerant” left.

• uvaldegirl says:

Feel,the same way. I keep my Trump fandom pretty quiet. Everyday, I endure some lib conversation calling Trump racist, sexist, homophobic etc. Every now and then, I fall into conversation with some one who also supports Trump. Always a nice surprise.

• oldschool64 says:

I lived in the Bay Area for 46 of my 52 years(and never moving back).

Trump has ZERO chance of winning California in the general election. Or, like when Trump was describing Linda’s polling numbers, 0>Trump’s chance of winning Cali.

That said, I believe he should win the primary rather easily. And while Trump seems to do better in primaries that are open, I think we should all be grateful that this one is closed.

• dakotacav says:

This seems to be true on the surface, but I know a lot of democrats who are very committed to the party, and to politics in general, and they privately admit that they are not voting for Hillary. Some begin the conversation with statements like “aur1640” says below, “what do you think Trump’s chance are this year” etc. There may be a big surprise in the general election. There are millions of very frustrated Californians. Most know they can’t say anything because of the virulent shaming that comes from the loud-mouthed and smug left, but they are frustrated nonetheless. I do believe that if there is a non-uniparty candidate (Trump), they may come out in droves — independents (DTS is the name here), republicans and many democrats. There will be voters who haven’t voted since the 1980s

• Riddick says:

Why do you think they gave more than 600,00 driving licenses to illegals with an auto party registration?

This will be one massive fraud.

We moved out of that hell hole more than 4 years, my wife still has family there, so we will be visiting next week. Not really looking forward to it, need to do some business meetings in the wine country to get set for this year’s crush and, well, wine making community os one big liberal cesspool.

• Prothonotary Warbler says:

Here in Colorado, we give driver’s licenses to illegals, but we have a special rule about it. If you’re here illegally, you can’t just go and stand in line to get your license like citizens do. You have to set up a private appointment with a DMV agent.

I saw these notices posted a couple of years ago when I got my license renewed, and I immediately knew why… they don’t want witnesses present when those illegals also register to vote.

• Riddick says:

CA ones are also marked as not for ID and whatever. Difference is that in CA liberals will look the other way and allow illegals to vote, some cities are actually trying to change laws to allow illegals to vote. And not just in CA.

Main reason I call it Mexico Norte, just more prosperous.

• rodney says:

Trump will never win the state in the general election. Thank Moonbeam for giving a half-million illegals drivers licenses and the ability to vote for that.

Hillary has a total lock on the state.

BTW Kasich and Cruz’s numbers are spot on. CA Republicans are really a bad bunch, the last time around they had a chance to make a difference they supported two amnesty proponents – Fiorina and Whitman.

Kasich would be a perfect republican for CA, stupid and self-serving.

• sam says:

Unless there is fraud or carelessness illegals can not vote. They do have driver license but there are marked as not legal citizen.

• freddy says:

yeah sure they can’t vote…and they don’t receive benefits like healthcare welfare or SS.. They add more than they take… Yep sure bet… You must not live here.

• Trust No One says:

Our ballots are available in about 20 freaking languages. So, yes I’d say illegals can vote. All the signs outside of the polling place are in English and Spanish.

Just to aggravate them, I always show my ID. They say, We don’t need to see that. I just mumble, Well, you should. Have to mumble don’t want to get thrown out for politiciking. Lol

• aur1640 says:

For me, so far some of my fellow CA peeps won’t openly admit Trump support. Some are on the fence and ask an indirect questions like, “What do you think of Trump? ” or a statement, “Im not sure of him!?” Those circumstances i can make an intervention. However, peeps that love rainbows, unicorns and freshly juiced veggies that froth at the mouth and will slug a TV set pertaining to a Trump news article I stay clear away from… I’m still befuddled on how Moon Beam made it back. Ewwww!!

• George says:

Another Californian here who keeps very, very quiet!!! People in California are very intolerant of what they see as intolerance!

13. Finalage says:

We in CA will finish off Cruz if the Northeast contests in April don’t and deliver the nomination fair and square to Donald J. Trump!

14. Spencer's Mom says:

Not sure who Ricky Vaughan is, but I found a link to him in Twitter – apparently a strong Trump Supporter.

Anyway, he “did the math” and shows a realistic path – state by state – for the Donald making the requisite 1,237 delegates.

Here is Ricky’s original estimate – 1,298 delegates on June 7th:

?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Then, he says he “tweaks” his estimate and comes up with this newer one- 1,326 delegates on June 7th:

I certainly hope it plays out that way!

What do you think?

I’m not sure what kind of expertise he has, but maybe some of the commenters here can weigh in.
    It certainly makes me feel better thinking that Mr. Trump can have the delegates he needs in his pocket before the convention.

• joe_blow says:

It’s realistic. I like that. Shows Cruz winning all of UT, which is realistic. I think Trump is trying to prevent Cruz hitting the 50% threshold to prevent that. Good on him.

• JeremyR says:

Lets not forget, Rafael also has a clear path, and it goes like this. Bernie hosts a BLM rally that gets out of hand. They stage a polar beat hunt in his honor and he is “accidentally” bagged. meanwhile, The DOJ gets charges on Hillary, and the FBI team sent to arrest her see’s her in her orange pant suit, believes she is an escaped felon and shoots her dead. Gaffer Joe’s brain implant fails and he is unable to run, so in desperation the communists aka democrats decide to draft the most demonicRAT republican they can find. Since Cruz can talk out both sides of his mouth at once as well as his A$$, he is a shoe in.

15. tisclear says:

The only organized groups in CA that will likely vote Cruz are the upstate Jefferson Secessionists and the Oath Keepers, though the Oath Keepers are largely Military or police and Trump is popular with both. Everyone else I know who will vote Republican are voting for Trump, including a number of old Perot voters coming out for Trump that haven’t voted since Perot.

16. clash108 says:

The one aspect that stands out in this poll, besides the likely voter polling, is that 90% have made up their minds. Of course this could all change if Kasich drops out, but those appear to be solid numbers and methodology. I would have liked to have seen a bigger sample size, but I’ll take quality over quantity any time.

17. nyflacon says:

Did Trump ever get the Missouri delegates ?

• Goldismoney says:

37 for trump. 15 for Cruz. Cruz won Columbia. Springfield and city of Kansas City. Trump took the rest of the state. St. Louis and rural areas carried him.

• Bull Durham says:

Miss Phyllis Schlafly delivered St. Louis. Still very sharp in her nineties. I used to hate her right wing orthodoxy. But she came over to Donald and embraced the Movement. Awesome.

18. notsothoreau says:

Keep in mind that utility rates are sky high in CA due to the eco-nazis. And somehow I think immigration might be an issue.

• freddy says:

consider a resident here in CA. and how illegal immigration might just be an issue. I live in southern near the border and our town is in the largest drug corridor in the world. Don’t go out om those back roads. The Hispanic crime rate you would not believe so I’ll leave that. At least 100 Hispanic gangs close by. Not just kids and jaywalking crimes. San Diego solved their problem with a fence but it moved out east here to Arizona. I don’t know how they cope… It’s hard core serious stuff.

19. BuckWeaver says:

I don’t know why everyone’s talking about the singers and the GOP guy speaking. The feed I was watching just had that nails-on-a-chalkboard music playing. I switched to another feed and it’s classical music. I feel lost.

20. Ono says:

Ca is sick and tired of illegals. Ca used to be the eight strongest economic power in the world… twenty four years ago! Trump all the way

21. I feel encouraged by this poll & others comments. I went to the O’Reilly / Miller “who wants to be a president” show last weekend (Miller was fantastic). About 6K in attendance, a mixed crowd for each of the candidates, def not overwhelming for Trump, but that might just be because we are so ingrained not to be public? The people next to me were from OC & were for Rubio – who knows that their thoughts are now with the suspended campaign. Just hoping we (CA) get it done!

22. Cruz’s ceiling is somewhere in the range of 24, 25 percent.

23. PATrumpsupporter says:

A vote for Raphael is a vote for brokered chaos, probable Hillary win. If/when most Cruz voters get this, which will be more apparent with each Donald win, I think a lot will switch to trump.

24. PATrumpsupporter says:

Viralize please

25. benzy says:

I know it’s probably a minor point… but in the headline for this post you used Raphael Cruz. I believe that is his father… Ted’s name is spelled Rafael Edward Cruz. Raphael has zero delegates and never will have any. thankfully

26. PATrumpsupporter says:

Have you seen the father preaching? Talk about fringe, the guy is way, way out there. Says Ted is on earth to rule and hold dominion over the end time transfer of wealth.

• Riddick says:

Makes Beck look sane, right?

• Trust No One says:

To destroy Cruz in a atomic flash out here, all Trump needs to do is make an ad showing Cruz’s father preaching that stuff. Boom – he’s done. Actually, I don’t think he’d win here anyway.

I think the one to look out for us Kasich. He’s all ‘moderate’ and ‘sensible’. That’s the way he will be considered and he’s the GOPe guy. I guess I’m speaking for my wacko North Bay County. I think the number of republicans here is about 50-75.😀😀

• Riddick says:

I’ll be visiting the area next week, along with my wife, so we’ll bump that number by 2🙂 But then we’ll return home…

Used to live in San Ramon for 22 years. Las Vegas now.

• actually, there is nothing that could make beck look sane!😉

27. Linda says:

A poster at Gateway Pundit posted this Utah poll, don’t know how accurate the pollster is. But if it’s legit, it’s great news.

Utah News poll for republicans.
    Trump 41%
    Cruz 32%
    Kasich 26%

• Newman says:

That would be a shock….and I was thinking just keeping Raphael under 50% would be a huge victory for Trump. Becz You might as well call AZ for Trump right now. We ain’t gonna let him down here.

28. Okeydoker says:

Cruz may take utah but CA, AZ belong to Trump.

29. beijingyank says:

You can vote online in California. You can register online too.
    Trump takes California! On to Cleveland to win the nomination!

30. Newman says:

Trump even leading among the CA illegals who plan to vote.

/sarc

• freddy says:

Look the illegals ran away from their little towns taken over by drug thugs and criminals. Nice little towns. There is so much bad blood between people from there and they don’t forget or let it go. Open borders means many of the same criminals who victimized them freely come here and continue what they do best. Just your name can be deadly. So they don’t want that and want a wall. I know I speak Spanish and talk to many of them.. most beautiful people.

31. Richard O. Harkins says:

Ponderosa Pine says: Come to
    Ekalaka. You can retire here. Less traffic; friendly people; cheap living; warmer than Wash DC. Centrally located (same distance to LA as to Houston and Seattle and NYC.)

32. Sandy says:

Go California!!!!! Vote for Trump. Show those celebrities that they WON’T run California!

33. roxanne175 says:

Whenever I post about him, I use his given name Rafael Edward Cruz. I like it when Bobby Jindal’s and Nikki Haley’s names get used properly, too. I don’t like the foreigners anglicizing their names to try and fit in while their agenda is clearly not one that furthers the greatness of our Republic.

I have a lot of family in California down near Escondido. They lived in San Diego for almost 4 decades before that. As far as I can tell, they are all Trump supporters.

34. Roger Long says:

Born and raised in California, will be 73 years of age next month. I don’t like putting bumper stickers on my car, mess up the paint, but I’m for Trump, openly. If I piss someone off, good, I live for it.

35. tommylotto says:

The thing to remember about CA is that delegates will be awarded by Congressional districts, and there are many Congressional districts in CA that are practically all Democrat. There are even a bunch that are heavily illegal where even the number of eligible voters of any kind is small. So, many many votes will be required to carry my district in Orange County, but only a handful of votes might be necessary to carry a district in, say, South Central LA. Yet, both districts will be worth the same number of delegates. So, you will get more bang for your buck targeting the most Republican hostile areas.

36. benY says:

The only way I see lyin Ted at 22% in Ca. is if the illegals are voting, which they will be since they have ID.

37. Gidget Pyle says:

Finally someone writes Cruz’s name correctly “Raphael”. So, he is the “lying Raphael, or, the lying Rafi”. And that’s that.