And the recipient eviscerates Cruz’s campaign claim claim in an article via the New Yorker.

One of the targeted voters of Ted Cruz’s campaign shaming letters is a political scientist in Iowa.  He was none to happy with the message, or the data of himself and his neighbors.

ted cruz shaming campaign 3

(Via New Yorker) […] In Iowa, although voter registration information is free and available to the public, voter history is not. That information is maintained by the secretary of state, which licenses it to campaigns, super PACs, polling firms, and any other entity that might want it. So was the Cruz campaign accurately portraying the voter histories of Iowans? Or did it simply make up the numbers?

It seems to have made them up. Dave Peterson, who happens to be a political scientist at Iowa State University and is well-acquainted with the research on “social pressure” turnout techniques, received a mailer last week. The Cruz campaign pegged his voting percentage at fifty-five per cent, which seems to be the most common score that the campaign gives out. (All of the neighbors listed on Peterson’s mailer also received a score of fifty-five per cent.)

Peterson, who is actually a Hillary Clinton supporter, moved to Iowa in 2009. He told me that he has voted in three out of the last three general elections and in two out of the last three primaries.

“There are other people listed on my mailer who live in my neighborhood that are all different ages, but everyone on this sheet has the same score of fifty-five per cent,” he said. “Some are significantly younger and would have not been eligible to vote in these elections, and others are older and have voted consistently going back years. There is no way to get to us all having the same score.” (Peterson also spoke with Mother Jones.) (continue reading)

The Wheels on the bus go thwap, thwap, thwap….

This entry was posted in Big Stupid Government, Christian Values, Election 2016, Notorious Liars, Ted Cruz, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

230 Responses to Oh Dear – Ted Cruz Sent “Voter Shaming Letter” To Iowa Professor of Political Science…

1. dizzymissl says:

2. peachteachr says:

If there were medals for bad weeks, Cruz would win the gold.

3. F.D.R. in Hell says:

This was just tossed over The Gates moments ago…

4. From the article Sundance posted, this caught my heart because I know that many people would have been frightened by the letter. I would have and many of my senior citizen neighbors agree:

“Donna Holstein, who was listed on one of them, was upset to learn that she had been given a failing grade and that her neighbors might be told whether she participates in the caucus. She told me that she has voted consistently but that she can’t this time because of a disability.

“I’m crippled, so I can’t go to the caucus,” Holstein said. She was not happy about being shamed in front of her neighbors. “That’s what you call a bully,” she said about Cruz’s tactics. “I wish he would quit.”

• chrystalia99 says:

I got one last cycle, in AZ–the “state seal” om the front was 95% IDENTICAL to the real one, and the “campaign” information was partially obscured (and in about 6 point type) by the Big ‘OFFICIAL VOTER VIOLATION” Sticker, with the line–urgent–your attention required.

I literally almost fainted–because I have had more than one friend get to the polls and find that THEY HAD ALREADY VOTED (illegals), and more than one friend who had been investigated for potential vote fraud (again–illegals–someday, I’ll share the story of the county recorder’s office when I went down to change affiliations for primary).

I have a panic disorder. This was NOT pleasant. The name next to the seal was something like AZ voter integrity commission. When I opened it, it took me a minute to concentrate so I could READ the damned thing.

and it was one of these pieces of filth.

quite frankly, I would never use the kind of language here that I used on the phone to the voting commission. They told me, marvelously unhelpful people they are, that they would take my complaint, along wirth a big pile of forms and the mailer.

Then I hit the internet and started digging…and digging…and digging….

THREE shadow groups or so later–and every one of those groups was designed, web pages and all, to look like democrats were behind it, BTW–I got to the bottom of the cesspool–and THE ARIZONA REPUBLICAN PARTY.

• chrystalia, that is horrible! I’m sorry to hear that happened to you. That is exactly why Cruz should never have done those letters. My dad got a similar letter although not quite as bad as the Ted Terrorsim letter, and he panicked as well and called me many times to reassure him everything “was all right.” Also, the US postal system is not to be played with. My God if people cannot feel safe in our own mail box! What an invasion of privacy.

And this jerk Cruz won’t even apologize for it?

And just like stalkers, Cruz doesn’t understand it is not right to intrude upon people. That’s something stalkers don’t understand.

I pray Cruz is removed from this race. The sooner the better. He is dangerous. No wonder he doesn’t notice that Glenn is crazy: Cruz is a bit “off” himself!

• Linden says:

Completely disgusting! Most seniors are SO conscientious about voting. This is predation of the worst sort. I am appalled!

5. justfactsplz says:

Don’t be fooled Iowa. If Ted is this dishonest on these percentages just imagine how much more dishonest he will be with the power of the presidency. Just say NO to Cruz. He is not what he proclaims to be.

6. If people are wondering why nothing was getting done in the senate, I think we got one of the biggest reasons right here: TED CRUZ

If he’s as irritating and terrorizing and lies this much it’s no wonder nothing ever got done.

He’s one of the worst!

7. Interesting, CBS writes the Ted Terrorism Letters will actually work for TRUMP in the long run!

According to CBS News:
    “One irony of Cruz’s mailers is that higher turnout is generally expected to benefit Republican frontrunner Donald Trump.”

Thanks Terrorist Ted!

Glad to see God turning the wicked things you do into good news for Trump!

8. Now ABC is exposing the Ted Terrorize Iowa Letter:

“Tom Hinkeldey, a resident of Alta, Iowa, said Cruz dragged “me and my neighbors’ names through the mud” by sending out the mailer.

“It was just a little perturbing that a candidate would send that out, thinking that it would, in any way, have the reaction that I should go vote for this guy,” he said. “The people on that list are good people. He doesn’t know them. He doesn’t know our community.”

Iowa Secretary of State Paul Pate said in a statement. “Any insinuation or statement to the contrary is wrong and I believe it is not in keeping in the spirit of the Iowa Caucuses,” Pate said.

• Gail Borden says:

Shameful to ” bear false witness against thy neighbor”! The lies just keep coming. Is there anyone who believes a Christian?. I still don’t understand how he was born and raised for 4 years in Canada, and still tries to run for the U.S. president…At least we KNOW where HE was born!

9. Linden says:

Look, to be fair, Wallace DOES interrupt people all the time, very rudely, and I would expect ANY candidate worth his salt, who was subject to his tactics, to tell Wallace to let him/her finish. There’s nothing wrong with that. Let’s not be petty. We have enough dirt on Cruz to make an honest argument without getting in the mud.

10. shallbe4 says:

The many faces of Cruz — tonight he was running around screaming we were waking the Body of Christ. Pray for Trump.

11. bertdilbert says:

Well, Trump did say that Ted Cruz is a nasty guy and nobody likes him. I submit his daughter’s reaction as proof..

12. Susan Victor says:

If I received a mailing like that, it would guarantee that I’d vote for anyone BUT the candidate who sent it.

13. cali says:

This shaming voter psy-op is the product by none other than Mercer as the source!
    Rafael Cruz is beyond a schemer the longer this campaign continues the more we will discover the slime oozing from Cruz.

14. ackbarsays says:

Ted could have done this in a way that would have had the same effect without the “shaming” aspect. Imagine a mailer that said “Dear John Smith, I know that you love your state and your country, and I want to encourage you to participate in the upcoming caucus. Below are a few of your neighbors who have participated in the caucus in the past. I urge you to get discuss the caucus with them and then go together to participate.”

Then list some real names of neighbors.

That would have been effective without the icky “voting grades” that Cruz used. I think that mailer will be the biggest mistake in modern presidential history.

• maggiemoowho says:

Cruz borrowed the idea from Obama and New York Democrats. They sent letters to voters that pretty much told voters to vote or else. A total threat, IMO. Looks like Ted Cruz likes New York Democrat values and ideas. Obama sent a shame letter to voters back when he was running.

15. Danny says:

I try not to get my panties in a twist over every perceived bad act by a politician. But, for me, this crosses a huge line! Trying to shame people into voting, with real numbers or fake, is so against what this country is supporsed to be about (at least to me). If I were a Cruz supporter, I’m not…I’ll be voting Trump, this would have me changing allegiances. This is too much. Gone too far.

16. maggiemoowho says:

Cruz’s daughter probably just found out that her dad looks at women as nothing more than a uterus. She will never have the same value as a man in her dads eyes.

17. shipley130 says:

See, I told you Cruz was an a-hole.

18. Gail Borden says:

He always calls his daughters “his little girls”, that doesn’t seem innocent…Shouldn’t someone check that, also traveling alone with them doesn’t seem appropriate at all….