In response to the Ted Cruz campaign sending out the Iowa voter “Shaming Letters”, a strong Cruz advocate and radio talk show host Steve Deace couldn’t believe it:

ted cruz shaming campaign 3

The shaming letters sent by the Cruz campaign to Iowa voters initially surfaced on Friday.

The Stazi approach was so over the top almost all Ted Cruz supporters couldn’t believe the campaign would be so stupid, including Steve Deace:

Cruz campaign spokesperson Rick Tyler, and campaign Press Secretary Catherine Frazier, admitted the flyers were from the Cruz campaign:

[…]  “we have confirmed that the mailer is ours,” and said “these are mailers that have been used by the Iowa Republican Party before as an effective way to turn out voters that haven’t showed up.”

“We’re going to be doing everything we can to turn out Iowans,” she said, adding that Iowans are used to receiving lots of mailers.  (link)

But Iowa radio show host Steve Deace, a staunch Cruz Supporter, just could not bring himself to believe it:

Unfortunately, the reality of the Ted Cruz campaign admissions eventually forced Deace to admit the insufferably over-the-top approach was indeed from the Ted Cruz campaign.

Faced with the embarrassing reality the radio personality tries to put his best spin on the outcome:

It’s a stressful time in Iowa for Ted Cruz supporters:

cruz beck 2

This entry was posted in Election 2016, Notorious Liars, Professional Idiots, propaganda, Ted Cruz, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

249 Responses to Iowa Talk Show Host Steve Deace Shocked The Cruz Campaign Would Send Out “Shaming Letters”….

1. sundance says:

2. Howie says:

Attention all Cruzbots. Prepare to duck and cover Monday. Watch for falling objects.

3. zzschnops says:

Steve Deace @SteveDeaceShow
    Over two hours ago I said the mailer was real. Over two hours ago. Over two hours ago. Repeat — over two hours ago. https://twitter.com/lheal/status/693525903771500544
    3:08 PM – 30 Jan 2016

so what… and now your are complaining that you admitted that you lied and we are still calling you a liar?

• notamemberofanyorganizedpolicital says:

Playing the world’s tiniest violin………Cruzbots have ruined lots of business………

Anyone who would do what the Cruz org did is straight out of the depths of Hell. Centuries and centuries of human experience confirm that.

• notamemberofanyorganizedpolicital says:

He’s still SUPPORTING Cruz EH?

• stella says:

It isn’t accurate, I don’t believe, to call it a lie or Mr. Deace a liar. He made a mistake and admitted it, to his credit, even though he didn’t want to (that’s obvious).

• Nnud says:

He’s a liar

• stella says:

Prove it. You can say it all you want, but the man expressed an opinion, then admitted he was wrong.

It’s fine to support your candidate (I assume that it is Donald Trump), but to call someone a liar when they are not (or you don’t know for sure that they are) is not honest.

• the_sirius_one says:

Per tweet: “The quote “IS” a fake. The whole story “IS” a fake. It’s why it’s not being reported everywhere. You’ve been had.”

This tweet was presented as a statement of fact and not opinion.

PROOF that he’s a LIAR. Right stella?

• stella says:

It is possible to believe something is true, and not be a liar. Right the_sirius_one? Have you ever repeated something that you believed was true, and then found out later that is was a lie? Does that make YOU a liar?

• seventhndr says:

If you make zero effort to know the truth and just spew what you want to believe as fact… I still call that a lie. The campaign admitted it. All he had to do was call them.

• stella says:

Saying something that isn’t correct isn’t a lie unless it’s intentional. You can call it whatever you like, but words mean things.

LIE (N): 1. a false statement made with deliberate intent to deceive; an intentional untruth; a falsehood.

• anniesezso says:

No, not for Deace, he fancies himself to be like the risen Christ, all knowing, self appointed judge and jury, never wrong . . . until he is. He stepped in it again because of his big mouth and bad manners.

• the_sirius_one says:

As an influential radio pundit, If he repeated a lie emphatically as fact, without research, the effect is probably worse than a lie from just us mere mortals.

However, in this case, he didn’t repeat a lie, he indeed started the lie.

As I’m sure you know.

• chrystalia99 says:

My objection to his actions is quite simple–as a radio host, he has a great more influence than the average joe–and with that comes responsibility. It would have taken him at best 10 minutes to determine, before the FIRST tweet on the issue, that the mailer was in fact sent by the Cruz campaign. But he didn’t do what I consider to be the most basic part of his job–which is fact check.

This is my complaint with much of the media’s actions of late–it’s bad enough to release “breaking news” without the slightest semblance of a source/fact check to begin with. But to continue commenting on such news, while STILL not fact checking, smacks of attempts to “set the narrative” for someone’s benefit.

In this case, WERE THAT THE CASE–the narrative being set could be used to exculpate the candidate, even if the candidate HAD done what Cruz did. With this type of covering going on, for instance, Ted Cruz could have gone on the air, blamed a rogue campaign staffer, announced he was conducting a thorough investigation, and come out smelling like a rose. As such, his behavior goes beyond irresponsible as far as I am concerned.

If one of my employees failed to do his job, doubled down on the failure a few times, gave me a halfhearted apology and then when someone else brought it up later said he HAD apologized and admitted the mistake–I would be displeased to put it mildly.

And on the mailer itself, I find this utterly unacceptable from either party. I got one down here in AZ last election cycle, and because the sticker and the shield on the envelope looked so official, until I read the letter I genuinely believed that I had broken some voting regulation, or someone had voted in the special election we had had not long before using my name. For a moment or two, in other words, I thought I was facing criminal charges, or in danger of losing my vote. And I am NOT a gullible or ignorant person. These mailers to me represent a serious corruption of our electoral process, and one that needs to be stomped on–HARD.

• joleeinca says:

No it makes you uninformed!!! I always research before believing and repeating.

• stella says:

Oh please! You are wrong. Just admit it, or drop the subject.

• jello333 says:

Just now reading through the post, including this thread re. the supposed “lie”. Just wanted to let you know I agree with you, Stella. This Deace guy clearly was wrong, repeatedly so, and obviously got his feelings hurt, and was very reluctant to admit he was wrong… he’s NOT a happy camper right now. But I wouldn’t call what he did a “lie”, since to the best of my knowledge he felt what he was saying (that the mailer was fake) was the truth. Very, very wrong, but NOT a lie IMO.

• stella says:

Good to see a friendly face, jello, especially one with a brain.😉

• stobberdobber says:

I agree with you too Stella, blindly saying it was a fake isn’t a lie. Just because he blindly supports Cruz. I have seen many blindly supporting Trump, even when he makes a statement that you and I understand even though it was said, say as a joke. Or blindly bash him. It is the same difference if you understand my meaning. It doesn’t make them outright liars, just misinformed and not doing their own research.

• tappin52 says:

Deace stated as fact that the mailer was fraudulent without checking to see if it was true. That is just irresponsible and it required him to eat a healthy helping of crow. He now has to deal with this problem.

• stella says:

I agree, but that doesn’t make him a liar, just stupid.

• stella says:

A liar says something is false when he knows that it is true. Possibly that fits Deace, but we have no way of knowing that. He did admit that he was wrong.

• Tonawanda says:

We (Trump supporters) won the point and there is no point in being sore winners. It is actually counterproductive.

stella is absolutely correct, there is no evidence Deace was lying and under the circumstances, where the truth was going to come out sooner or later, it is highly implausible and improbable Deace would have lied if he in fact knew what he was saying was false.

Emotions are running high and so is mistrust and sensitivity to dirty tricks. To Deace, a dirty trick seemed like an absolute likelihood, especially when the actual seaminess did not comport with his high esteem for Cruz.

SD has rather brilliantly highlighted how Deace’s original reaction was an implicit admission of how sordid the mailer was. We should let it go at that. Point won.

Trump is ever gracious and for the sake of our country and the election it is a good example to follow.

• peachteachr says:

This is a self-inflicted wound that cuts Steve Deace and Ted Cruz both. I don’t think any human alive today would trade shoes with either man today. There is no good side for them or their supporters. I hope we can be gracious as our guy, Trump, appears to make one good move after another. Thanks, Stella.

• Notmeagain says:

This guy is so insufferable I’ve never been able to read a whole tweet of his. I can’t find that tiny little handkerchief I need for my tears of sympathy.

4. Bull Durham says:

There is no assisted suicide in Iowa, is there?

Oh, Yes, I guess the campaign and Beck are assisting Ted to kill himself.
    Onward christian soldiers. (Notice the small “c”. That’s because they ain’t nothing but a cult.)

5. Mike says:

Wow. I guess they’re going from attacking Trump as a fake conservative to attacking Rubio for being hypocritically upset. Not a good week for the Ted Cruz campaign.

6. shiloh1973 says:

Never fear Glenn Beck is here to save the day. /SARC

7. This presidential election is really revealing people for who there are. Some of those revelations are very disturbing.

8. TheFenian says:

“Stazi approach”; Well put, bravo.

We are witnessing an epic meltdown of both a campaign and a political career. And who isn’t loving every second of this.

Sure hope for Cruz’z sake that Goldman Sachs has a satellite office in Canada so his wife can bring home the bacon, otherwise she’s going to dump him aovenove to New York.

Does The Donald have a hotel up north? I can definitely picture Ted in a doorman’s costume.

9. Watch all the worms squirm. Beautiful.

10. KBR says:

Do Iowans have chickens? Is tar hard to find there?
    Watch out Cruz! If you spot angry Iowans carrying buckets of something it ain’t KFC!
    And those feather pillows? Yes they are for your head and it might get real sticky!

11. flawesttexas says:

Good Grief….CruzBots are just unreal. The definition of the Low Info Voter

12. John Galt says:

Crow, now served at every meal.

13. rajabear1 says:

Hey all, I’m at work today and can’t really read though all the comments throughly-they expect me to work or something lol. Anyway, I was wondering if Mr Trump has tweeted about this yet. Think it would be awesome and high visibility, maybe even media pick it up.
    Believe it or not, the Blaze actually ran this story and even the most deluded cuzbots are miffed and/or puzzled that his righteous campaign would do this. His soft support would most likely bail since it’s such a prog move.

14. fred says:

Glen Beck probably designed those flyers while having a vision at the burning bush The Oracle has spoken turn in your neighbor for voting like he did. WOW…. I’d be so pi$$ed I would lose my mind if I found my name on one of those. Some one would need nose surgery and possibly a dentist.

15. R-C says:

And by the way, Iowans: What does it say about Mr. Deace’s veracity that he would FIRST opt to take up his Twitter account to decry this issue as a ‘fraud’, before he CHECKED it?

This man, Mr. Deace, is wholly incredible.

16. Guy Stumpman says:

I seem to recall that the 0bama campaign used this same tactic also during the 08 election and rightfully enraged a lot of people. And ted cruz has been compared as being a republican version of 0bama more than once.

17. Justice_099 says:

It took me all of 5 minutes to confirm every name on that photo was a real person.

This guy is a moron and after doing this, he is still trying to make claims to his listeners as if he has any credibility left.
    Sadly, the kool-aid drinkers that drink it by the Big Gulp still think he does, too.

18. stringy theory says:

I never heard of this idiot, Steve Deace, but he’s clearly in the hard core Cruzbot category. I wonder what he will talk about on Tuesday after his idol comes in third or fourth? Watching the Canadian crash and burn is indeed fun to watch.

19. Justice_099 says:

Lots of CruzCrew on board that ship heading for the Cruz iceberg. How many people is he going to take down with him? The more the merrier, in my opinion. Couldn’t happen to a more deserving set of folks.

20. dizzymissl says:

In the other thread, someone called Cruz the “Shame Campaign” and I must agree. That’s all the Cruzbots do is try to shame people. I don’t react well to that and I bet others don’t either.

• Howie says:

They should be aSHAMED of themselves.

• stringy theory says:

The Cruz campaign theme song, “Shame Shame Shame,” by Shirley & Co.

• Doc says:

The same thing with trying to get evangelicals to feel shame for supporting Trump. Imagine a Presidency with 4 years and the increased suicide rate from the shaming. I would laugh at him, but some people genuinely can’t deal with shame.

• Notmeagain says:

Their vaunted psychographics could have told them that their target population of evangelicals had authoritarian inclinations and strong guilt feelings, that people who support Cruz tend to have those feelings, they could have concluded a shaming approach would work based on assumptions about authoritarian culture and support. Looks that way to me, bad statistics and assumptions led to a silly conclusion.

• Howie says:

This may hurt the psychographic brainwashing business. What if people find out that twitter, face book, google, and the credit score companies are nothing more than psychographic data mines for the unsuspecting fools who excitedly put up every detail of their existence in the quest of …..something? Maybe the big computer in Utah is the psychographic command center.

• Notmeagain says:

I only wish. I hate it that they are so infested. It is unethical by strictly academic standards. But since these people aren’t looking for “truth,” they are not doing a good job of psychological assessment, imo, which is just as well for the rest of us because it means they can’t exert the influence they would like.

• tz says:

Since Beck is there would it be a “Crying Shame”?

21. georgiafl says:

Interesting – Beck will be appearing today in Iowa with Willie Robertson but without Cruz: http://kiwaradio.com/local-news/beck-robertson-to-stump-for-cruz-in-sioux-center/

22. John Galt says:

It’s like Elvis, NPR can only show Mrs. Cruz’s wonder woman costume above the waist:

23. dizzymissl says:

🙂

24. jojo says:

THE GOP is AZ did this in the last election. They are copying the democrats. My friends received one and changed their party affiliation to I instead of R. They were PC in our district. I think it is stupid and insulting. It’s the typical GOPe trying to outsmart the D’s. I’m guessing Glenn’s returning to Iowa is good for another 3 points for TRUMP. Just sayin’

25. Justice_099 says:

I have been switching to speaking Ted’s campaign in the past tense. It’s post-mortem analysis time, in my opinion.

After what I watched the CruzCrew mocking the wounded veterans the other day on several twitter threads, it has gone beyond friendly political ribbing for me. His supporters are even more disgusting than he is. And that says a lot.

26. Daniel G. says:

No, Mr. Deace, a “fake conservative” is someone who goes gung ho about something, only to become a victim of what they hoped would be true but isn’t really, because standards of objectivity were never explored. I love it when you people who decry Trump as a “fake conservative” get exposed as one yourselves.

27. dizzymissl says:

28. Jeff Roe’s fingerprints everywhere. This is exactly how he plays and Ted Cruz knew it because Jeff Roe ran the Senate Campaign against him with Dewurst. Play the same games. This is how they roll.

29. Summer says:

I am so tired of the “fake conservative” shtick coming from a fake American’s camp. Ted Cruz and Jeff Row — a match made in heaven (or rather hell). It is no coincidence Cruz hired this sleaze ball to run his campaign: birds of a feather… I used to like Cruz, but that was before I learned a thing or two about him. My husband who is too busy to follow politics, liked him until I told him about Canada, Goldman Sachs and the shaming letters. He was stunned. His first reaction: doesn’t one have to prove one’s constitutional eligibility BEFORE running for President? Like, show the birth certificate and other documents to, I dunno, RNC?

• Melania for 1st Lady says:

I had to present more documentation to get a library card from my local public library than Teddy had to show to run for Prez.

Obama always bitching and moaning about how it’s easier to buy a gun than to buy a sandwich or some such nonsense from a sissy who’s never bought a gun in his life. I’ve never had to fill out an ATF form and present ID and get a background check for a BLT but strangely had to for my firearm purchases. Though with Moochelle’s grubby paws on our food who knows…..

• DS says:

“…doesn’t one have to prove one’s constitutional eligibility BEFORE running for President?” I wish that were the case — then we never would have had Obozo in the WH. It amazes me how Cruz parallels Obola — Hahvad lawyer, first term senator thinks he’s presidential material, not a NBC, sealed records, sleazy campaign tactics, blatant lies…

• jimbob says:

I am so tired of the “fake conservative” shtick

It doesn’t even make sense because Trump doesn’t claim to be a conservative. It’s like saying Cruz is a fake Hawaiian.

30. This just in from Levin, LIVE FROM HIS STUDIO!

31. My mom lives in Iowa. I tried to “assist” her into voting for Trump. No go. She basically responded to me point for point he’s a conservative. Her church, small but still, is all voting for Cruz. I asked her to watch some video’s on Cruz and about the CFR his wife was involved in. No go. She’s convinced he’s the next Regan, I’m convinced he’s the next Obama. You know the man in the white house that knows the constitution and still doesn’t follow it.

• Doc says:

That’s the Cruz campaign in a nutshell. Getting pastors to shame their congregation into ‘following’ them in voting for Cruz. It’s about as slimy as you can be IMO.

• georgiafl says:

Tell her he is not eligible and is a globalist for amnesty.

Remind her of the crime and drugs and diseases illegals bring into US.

Remind her of AMERICANS out of work.

• georgiafl says:

Americans out of work *because of illegals and immigrants.

• georgiafl says:

Also – Tell her Cruz has lied about Trump’s position on Abortion:

DONALD TRUMP QUOTE:
          “Let me be clear — I am pro-life. I support that position with exceptions allowed for r4p3, inc3st or the life of the mother being at risk,” he said. “I did not always hold this position, but I had a significant personal experience that brought the precious gift of life into perspective for me.”

Trump said America has gone astray because it has moved away from the founding principles the nation’s founders put in most — most notably the right to life.

America, when it is at its best, follows a set of rules that have worked since our Founding. One of those rules is that we, as Americans, revere life and have done so since our Founders made it the first, and most important, of our “unalienable” rights.

Over time, our culture of life in this country has started sliding toward a culture of death. Perhaps the most significant piece of evidence to support this assertion is that since Roe v. Wade was decided by the Supreme Count 43 years ago, over 50 million Americans never had the chance to enjoy the opportunities offered by this country. They never had the chance to become doctors, musicians, farmers, teachers, husbands, fathers, sons or daughters. They never had the chance to enrich the culture of this nation or to bring their skills, lives, loves or passions into the fabric of this country. They are missing, and they are missed.”

LINK

• KBR says:

Was her pastor one that Cruz coerced?

• NJF says:

At least you tried! Who knows maybe she’ll come around as the pundits keep insisting many don’t make up their mind unti the last minute.

Maybe try and get her to watch Falwel tonight? He is supposed to be at Trump’s event, and I’m guessing he will speak.

Oh dang it I just realized I won’t be home for that!

• NJF says:

Meant to add.i thought pastors weren’t allowed to stump for canidates to their congregations?

• jc says:

churches risk losing their tax exempt status – at least theoretically. I’m certain black churches ignore this prohibition,many synogogues, mosques and fundy churches. Probably only mainstream prots and Catholic churches comply with the law.

• I would tell her that when God calls a man for a purpose He provides all he would need for the task. Cruz would not have to be begging for money nor have to make deals with the devil taking filthy money. If he was truly called of God, God would already have provided everything he needed for the task.

Cruz was called to block the GOPe for Trump though. And one day he will see that. We are thankful for his service. So his dad was right, Ted fulfilled a very important job for the presidency of the United States. It’s just he misread it for himself being president. It was for Trump.

• Howie says:

She has been psychographically brainwashed. It is like a cult. She should be rescued and deprogrammed.

• Notmeagain says:

Maybe it’s “mom against the kid.”🙂 Try a different tack. If she likes Cruz, and you can watch YouTube together, find a way to look at some of those videos like the outtakes where he is first sitting with his mom and she’s looking askance, then the family practices praying, then the $5-$10-$15 ad. Just enough to introduce a sour note.

• flawesttexas says:

Mention that CFR is pro Abortion and for population control….and Mrs Cruz worked to end US Soverignty merging US w Mexico and Canada

32. Papoose says:

Gotta love the irony. Cruz sends out voter report cards to neighbors, yet, his mother’s voting records in Canada aren’t legitimate.

33. NJF says:

Speaking of underhandedness. I read a great article yesterday–can’t remember where–discussing what a bad precedent FOX may set with the video segment stunt they used to “illustrate” flip flopping. Especially when miss kitty added the “do you consider yourself a good actor” commentary along with the clip. The article stressed the importance of shutting down these tactics by debate moderators, as it uses the same strategy as the negative ads candidates use against each other. THIS IS NOT THEIR ROLE! It’s becoming more and more evident that moderators are attempting to sabotage particular canidates, while offering cover for others.

I’d like to suggest a campaign to Pubis demanding that he work with the networks to eliminate these tactics, b/c left unchecked things will only get worse. Especially considering at least one more debate will be hosted by FOX.

Clearly Trump dodged this bullet this time, yet it’s become common knowledge that their intent was to employ the same strategy toward Trump. And who knows, he may have been the only one they were planning to attack in this manner.

Our campaign shouldn’t even be canidate specific, as it’s something that should be shut down regardless of who is involved, democrat or republican.

What do you guys think? Any other ideas on the best way to go about it?

34. Cruz just had his 8th WOE.

The Ted Cruz woes:

1) Canadian Born Citizen exposed
    2) New York Values gaffe
    3) Goldman Sachs
    4) No Palin endorsement
    5) No Jerry Falwell endorsement
    6) Iowa Governor admonishment not to vote for Cruz
    7) Glen Beck fiasco, mock inauguration & snake-handling carnie fest in Iowa
    8) Secretary of State nails the coffin with Cruz shaming letters

WOES STILL TO COME:

9) Glenn Beck back in Iowa with Cruz
    10) Iowa loss (will be lucky to place THIRD)

…and still yet more to come!

And the leftist media has not even started on him, this is just a little bit of Trump and a whole lotta Cruz ambition and lack of good judgement, and using God as some kind of political tool.

35. Bluto says:

Pro-Tip: When your Twitter Narrative blows up in your face 2 hours later, it might be a WeakSauce Narrative.

File in: TedTards on Parade

36. anniesezso says:

Deace is the mouthy, igorant little toad I light up many times a day, being from Iowa myself. He’s now whining about Brandstad putting out the word (no backup from him) for Republicans to caucus for Trump because of the ethanol, and if Rubio et al numbers are low, we should “condemn” them. He’s already condemned the non-Cruz Christians, now the Republicans for voting their pleasure. Good grief how does he find people ignorant enough to listen to him? I will make good use of the crow videos.

37. tz says:

I need to get the hang of embedding..

38. nwtex says:

39. bofh says:

From the SOS statement about the Cruz campaign stunt:

“Accusing citizens of Iowa of a “voting violation” based on Iowa Caucus participation, or lack thereof, is false representation of an official act.”

Isn’t “false representation of an official act” a criminal action? Will there be any follow-up?

40. winky says:

I read somewhere that Obama sent out the shaming letters in Iowa also but I have not verified that…also heard from 2 women who worked on O’s campaign that they went door to door registering people to vote…and then of course those probably 10 million fraudulent votes probably helped in the general with McCain and Romney throwing the elections!!

41. Howie says:

OMG. I just looked at another blog that has lots of Cruzbots. They are in psycho breakdown trying to justify it. it is not computing. They have gone collectively looney. Call Nurse Rachid.

42. Howie says:

Oh No. The Cruz Bots are invoking God now. Sick puppies.

43. Sanj says:

Ssssssssplodeeeey Heads

44. kitten505 says:

Lmao Steve it’s real pal they admitted to it! Stop you look like a Hillary supporter lol

45. Nrobyar says:

Deace ashamed to admit he backed the wrong guy. Huckabee is real.

46. Renee Blythe says:

Deace is a sore loser! Cruz is a good liar.

47. Jeff says:

I’m going to send these out to certain voters . The one’s I’ve data mined via e-mail and social media .

My plan as a ” constitutional Christian conservative “is to guilt these voters in to not SURRENDERING THEIR VOTE !!

While touting my superior moral and “family values ” high ground I will attempt to shame voters in a desperate last minute move . I will use FEAR and manipulation to induce voter participation .

THEN I will post on social media how YOUR candidate is a dirty lying scoundrel.

THIS should get me over the top ….right !! ??? this tactic will surely guilt the opposition in to NOT SURRENDERING THEIR VOTE ..

WHO in the hell is advising these people ? or is the goal now to grow the surrender voter base . All filled with Cruz and Rubio supporters to hand over the election to Hillary !! ?

THIS mailing is IMO a sign of DEFEAT and the attempt to grow the SURRENDER VOTER BASE

uni-party exposed …AGAIN