Without Donald Trump Fox Loses Half The Debate Audience…

The numbers are in, and according to Brian Stelter (CNN Medi Guru) the Nielsen ratings data shows approximately 12.5 to 13 million Fox debate viewers last night.  In comparison to the prior Fox News debate of 25 million viewers, that is nearly a 50% drop.

debate ratings

Of course that doesn’t stop the professional GOPe apologists and propagandists from the pontificating cocktail class from trying to spin the results….

bill kristolQuickly to the typeset, clickety-click, Bill Kristol and the crew at the Weekly Standard do their earnest impression of Baghdad Bob by comparing the Fox News debate to the previous Fox Business debate.

A comparison of apples to pancakes.

The insufferable desperation of The Weekly Standard provides a smooth transition into a Rush Limbaugh diatribe from earlier today.  (Hint, it might actually sound familiar):

On his Friday radio show, conservative talker Rush Limbaugh credited Republican presidential front-runner Donald Trump for exposing those who may not be as conservative as originally within the so-called media.

Limbaugh credits his radio show that started in 1988 for forcing mainstream media figures to reveal their left-leaning biases by his establishment of a conservative media. However, he says Trump is doing the same thing, but exposing it within the conservative, where he argued there are those “masquerading” as conservatives.

“I think Trump is doing the same thing to certain elements to certain elements of the right-leaning media,” Limbaugh explained. “People have made the mistake of thinking there are two different and very distinct medias – the drive-bys, the mainstream, and all of us in the whatever you want to call it – new media, conservative media, alternative media. But within that universe of the alternative media, new media, so-called conservative media, there are their own factions. And some of those people have been masquerading as conservative media, masquerading as conservative think tanks or conservative institutions.” – more

Donald Trump “Unmasking the institutions” of the old guard – Gee, ya think?

trump winning 2

trump rally fans outside

This entry was posted in Donald Trump, Election 2016, media bias, Notorious Liars, Professional Idiots, propaganda. Bookmark the permalink.

309 Responses to Without Donald Trump Fox Loses Half The Debate Audience…

1. scarletpimernel says:

Except that this was not a true debate. It was a question and answer session. A true debate would be a Lincoln-Douglas format. Seat the candidates at a round table and let them discuss the issues without moderator interference except to go to the next topic. I chose not to watch because these formats don’t serve the American people.

• Exactly. I haven’t watched any of the debates because they don’t serve any purpose. They don’t tell me anything I don’t already know from my own research on the candidates and their records.

I don’t really get the whole ‘debate’ thing anyway. What does a ‘debate’ tell me about the kind of president the person will be?? It doesn’t tell me a darn thing.

• sixgeese says:

It does tell you about the spontaneity of Donald Trump, the focus-group tested responses of Marco Rubio, the canned joke told by Ted Cruz about Trump that was not funny in the least (and should be replayed many times to embarrass Cruz), the sleepwalking of Ben Carson, and about the fake anger and the soft toughness of Bush the third.

• Modern debates are basically beauty-pageants. Most people would be floored if they watched a debate that was similar to the Lincoln/Douglas format.

• Here’s what I learned from the debate the other night. “THE sorority sister had some long eyelashes”!! She s not eye candy! Angelia Tantoras is eye candy. & this femonoid person got a job with fox, because she couldn’t make a living as a attorney.

• I don’t watch Fox, haven’t for years & years. I don’t watch anything, I read.

Never liked Kegyn Melly. Can’t think of a singe news personality I do like.

Fox is no different from the other LSM, they all want to control the narrative and control what the People know and think.

• pyromancer76 says:

Exactly, ditto. These are a very, very poor substitute for a proper political process. The present so-called-debate format seems designed to humiliate presidential candidates and place them at the mercy of one or another billionaire owner and his (her) cronies (or mules?). Stature diminished. Furthermore, they are encouraged to cannibalize each other rather than discuss and debate together. I hope that whomever President Trump encourages to head the Republican Party will end this pathetic and destructive tradition. (It is based on an older tradition of investigative reporters with integrity and respect who can moderate a debate.) Let the candidates submit the questions.

• TheLastDemocrat says:

I agree. I have seen copies of Plato’s “Symposium,” where a range of likely individuals are assembled to discuss in depth some specific question, analogous to the original’s “what is love?”

Many of these could be held, with varying attendance, but would allow us to hear a lot more. For example, when someone says, “we are America, we don’t tear up families,” you follow up with: well, isn’t it true that if any child born in the US is American, and we won’t send them back to their country, that we are incentivizing women to make the treacherous journey when they are close to labor? Isn’t that risky?” And so on – “If you don’t like a wall, how will you decrease illegal immigration?” “Do your business partners realize that if we get the illegal laborers to be legally working, they will all have to be at minimum wage, and so that advantage is lost; are your businessmen funders OK with this?”

And after a while, one guy could say, “I agree with this aspect, but I would have this part be different..”

You could really see who knew their stuff, and who you agreed with.

• nimrodman says:

pyromancer said: “… The present so-called-debate format seems designed to humiliate presidential candidates …”

Only Republicans. It’s designed to humiliate and discredit Republican nominees so that even the winner emerges crippled into the General Election.

It’s a cross-media effort to discredit Republican candidates.

• jmilamdeal says:

After thinking about it, that does seem to be the case doesn’t it? The Republicans get bombarded with either tough questions, examples of things they have previously said, or baited to cut down another candidate, while the Democrats get softball questions during their so called debates, and nothing of any significance.

• fwduptimeman says:

Stop splitting stupid hairs. What is going on today is going to affect us all and our grand kids.

• dumbplumber says:

Welcome to the Party. As my debating wifey likes to say, There has not been a real debate in politics for over 50 years. These are staged events where “moderators” throw different questions to candidates to answer. There is very little interaction between the candidates. What’s left is a hissy fit between parties claiming they are more of this or that than the other candidate. End of discussion.

2. lastConservinIllinois? says:

Wow!
    I expected a drop off but not like that.

Sure does feel good to have the upper hand – and be willing to wield it!
    (Yes, I am living vicariously through The Donald – of course I am!)

• mztore says:

Part of the drop for the ‘debate’ on fox business might be because not all of us have access to that particular channel,

• lastConservinIllinois? says:

Absolutely.
        And some of us (not “us” here at the Treehouse, necessarily) wouldn’t know if we had it.

• KitKat says:

That debate was livestreamed for free.

• NYGuy54 says:

Well except that CNN’s decline was also about 21.5%. So if you extrapolate sundance’s numbers, then you would expect a decline of that same 21.5% for FNC or an audience of 19,500,000 viewers. They attracted 13,000,000 viewers. So the Trump effect is approximately 6,500,000 viewers.

• NYGuy54 says:

Or put another way, Trump raised about the same amount of money as FNC lost viewers. A delicious irony.

• wondering999 says:

Well done Mr. Trump! we look forward to the next move
            I got an email from the local Trump campaign today.
            Will make sure everything is in order so I can deliver my VOTE
            Hail yeah

• stobberdobber says:

I would also like to note that many of us watched it on CSPAN, bI don’t see those numbers added in there. CNN was too many things going on at the same time. Well I probably am mistaken, but I watched the Trump vets event on CSPAN instead of the debate. So I guess that doesn’t count for this, except where the media tried to spin the FOX numbers against who boycotted and watched Trump instead. My sister said she watched the debate to show Trump he was wrong. Dumb reason IMO, though I didn’t say so, save a fight. But I have been working on her lol. She was for Cruz, then Rubio, now paying a little more attention to Trump. Maybe she will come around.

3. Backspin says:

We shall see how long share prices get propped up.

• KBR says:

Yes, the debate cost them. But viewer losses will be the real blow.

That is IF the viewers who are angry now don’t forget about it and tuck their tails and go creeping back.

I said before that Trump might forgive, but Fox didn’t just insult Trump they insulted his supporters too. They continue their games insulting our intelligence.

The supporters, who were formerly Fox viewers, no longer trust Fox. So they might not forgive.

• Gail Combs says:

The mask got yanked off the slime monster and there is now no going back.

I am spreading far and wide the Rupert Murdoch/Saudi/ Open immigration connection and the Rubio connection. (Bill Sammon of Fox News does the debate formatting. And Bill Sammon’s daugher, Brooke Sammon, is Marco Rubio’s Press Secretary.)

Any trust in Fox just went to ZERO.

• KitKat says:

The crossover voters who want to switch to Republican have a preconceived dislike of Fox, and its bad behavior toward Trump is not helping them. Witness Diamond and Silk.

• Jennie says:

While it remains to be seen this viewer won’t be watching kegyn melly again and a lot less of Fox! My husband concurs and we are both news junkies!

4. mark4trump says:

Thanks Sundance for this graphic — I couldn’t understand how this debate audience was bad when it was larger than the last Fox debate. Didn’t realize I was comparing apples & oranges. So Fox’s audience did drop about 50% — Awesome!!!!

5. americalsgt says:

Bill Kristol annoys me more than Karl Rove with his superiority snotty manner.

6. Daniel G. says:

Limbaugh is spot on. To my eye, there has been a little too much Limbaugh bashing in the comments section here lately. Just because he isn’t going full out all the time for Trump doesn’t mean he doesn’t understand what’s going on. Too many on here have been going off the deep end in calling him a GOPe shill or bought or whatever else there is to bring up about him. He’s never going to come out fully for any candidate nor is he going to bash into the ground any candidate that’s not a Dem, but rest assured he is with most us in our feelings about the country and the necessity of Trump. He has not been going of the conservative ledge like Levin, TheRightScoop, or Breitbart have.

• jackphatz says:

Levin has made it personal, he will lose here.

• yy4u says:

Daniel, , I agree. Limbaugh is not the enemy — the Kristols, Bozells, Hayeses, et al ARE. They are all in for another establishment candidate — Bush and if they can’t have him, Rubio. Someone they can control and dictate to. Someone who will turn a blind eye to the Mexican/Central American invasion that is changing our culture and our language, someone who will play nice with the Muslims while they blow up Christmas Parties,(but not the Christmas parties THEY attend). Limbaugh is persona non grata too as is Sarah Palin and Donald Trump. Anybody can be fooled. FOX News fooled us, that’s all.

• TheTorch says:

Levin has clearly lost his mind. He is a lot cause, I can’t see how he ever recovers from this.

• tappin52 says:

I agree with you, but I have a bit of difficulty reconciling how this fellow went from a respected scholar with a lot of admirers to a screaming, insulting shrew. His girlfriend must be very, very good. If you know what I mean…………………

• levin a long-time favorite who pissed in his own bathtub.
        he’s been giddy about his ratings rise the past 6-8 months. i haven’t listened since he started the cruz over trump gig… full time. funny how he forgot to mention his fiance’s son is with the cruz campaign – and such a sharp mind… how, oh, how did he forget the full disclosure thingie?
        and did he really think that trump wouldn’t find out and help with the disclosure?
        trump has better and more reliable intel than obama…..

• Backspin says:

” … but rest assured …” Rush speaks with forked tongue.

• Sentient says:

Today I heard Rush with the “we have to come together against the liberals” crap. Bullroar. We have to come together against the National Review (Uniparty) crowd:
        Wrong on open borders (“secure the border” nonsense notwithstanding)
        Wrong on TPP
        Wrong on stupid neocon interventions that send Muslim “refugees” into Christendom.
        Wrong on accepting a wave of Mohammedans.

I’m never going to “come together” with any candidate who Bill Kristol could tolerate.
        This is nationalism v globalism.

• zzschnops says:

wake up! rush is the one who told us who was a drive by and who was truly conservative. Now he wants to say he told us so…

do NOT LISTEN to him!

• Daniel G. says:

Ummm….yeah, but that was then. Things have shifted a bit since that time. Sure, some things never change, but the tentacles of establishment politics have never been so sharp as they are now nor are the lengths to which they go to hide who they really are. Rush understands that. Again, he is not the enemy here.

• Rudy Bowen says:

I disagree. Limbaugh is NO friend of mine…he is indeed a shill of globalist interests, and an arrogant blowhard.

• Daniel G. says:

Sounds like your comment would fit in just fine at any far left site.

• lo says:

Rush is a fence sitter, protecting his empire. Trump is everything I think Rush wishes he could be. Rush wants to be able to say the things Trump says, but he doesn’t because he wants to continue to make money. He tells some of the truth, but not all of the truth and because of that, I am suspicious of him and don’t trust him. You cannot tell me he did not know about Murdoch being co chair of the pro open borders/amnesty group, but he never said as much on the air. If he had, that would have been a revelation to a lot of people. But he stayed silent on that. He is friends with Murdoch.

There was a caller to the Herman Cain show today who said she was so angry to find out that Murdoch was the co chair of this group. Herman immediately started bumbling (not unusual) and went to his stand by reply of “I did not know that” (not unusual, he typically has callers informing him of everything!). But his voice told me he knew this information and he pretty much tried to end the call asap so the truth wouldn’t get spread too far (not likely since Herman is a nice guy, but not very informative, I listen for the laughs when I’m emptying my dishwasher). Long story short: These “conservative” talk show hosts know all this and have kept it a secret, protecting those who are actively seeking to END OUR WAY OF LIFE. They are our enemies!

• zzschnops says:

I have listened to rush on and off since first Gulf War.

He is a bush supporter, every time, and even now. Cruz is a way to split and deliver the nomination to bush…

he has done this year after year. Don’t you remember anything he has said in the past?

• sundance says:

Limbaugh reads here. It’s called “saving face”…. “trying to remain relevant”… He knows what’s coming ! He can hear/see OUR voices.

• zzschnops says:

Thank you so much! YOU are worth it!

• JoeS says:

That is for sure. And he is hedging his bet to make sure that he is not irrelevant next. He is not stupid, surely.

• There’s been a lot of Rush bashing on CTH. 95% is unjustified, IMHO.
        I found CTH because Rush referenced a Sundance article on his show. Since that time, I’ve told many friends to read CTH. With help and insight from CTH, I’m 100% Trump. Before Trump, I supported Ted Cruz. I love both Rush and CTH.
        The recent criticism of Rush on CTH reminds me of the criticism of VP Dick Cheney and Halliburton. The crazy left always obsessed over Cheney’s “greed” and the amount of money and profits he and Halliburton were making, as if that were the only reason that Cheney served his country. I don’t feel Rush goes to work every day because he wants to add to his net worth. Rush has enough wealth. My gut tells me that Rush loves his country more than his job and his earnings.
        Sundance, thanks for all you do. Keep up the outstanding work!

• Travis McGee says:

Hear Hear! When Trump wins the nomination and Rush is pushing him for 3 hours a day 5 days a week it will be interesting to see if these Rush bashers change their tune. I too found CTH on account of Rush.

• sandraopines says:

I am a Rush Babe, and have been for many years. That said…………….

He is mostly on mute till after the Primaries. I say mostly because I have a Pro account and can look at the subjects and see if I want to listen or not.

All of that to say, Rush is in an unenviable position during Primaries of balancing. I get it.

I was teased unmercifully by the Paulbots when I was a Rand supporter “How did you end up a Rand supporter listening to Rush?” It is simple my friends…………. I think for myself. Rush is a commentator.

I arrived at Trump all by myself too………… with a push from my hubby that is.

• JoeS says:

I have listened to Rush Limbaugh STEADILY since he followed Lynn Samuels on WABC and warmed up for Bob Grant. That was in the late 80s and early nineties, I think, from memory.

I have a PHD in RUSH.

I LIKE RUSH.

He has been VERY supportive of Trump. I think he knows in his heart that TRUMP has “got what it takes,” and has destroyed the politically correct establishment. But, he is in the Ted Cruz camp. I KNOW he will be supportive of Trump if he is the GOP nominee, BUT he has been slipping very thinly veiled insults at Trump for the the last month now. And it has made me wonder if he is part of the problem because he has not recognized the flawed candidate Cruz, who is a SURE loser in the general.

That said, I think RUSH will be back on the reservation when all is said and done.

Rush has been the most consistent voice over all those years! BUT he is SIMPLY WRONG about Ted Cruz.

• 1321weave says:

I hope you’re right, SD. If Rush can’t see through Cruz I am going to have to enter therapy. I don’t give a dang about any of the others, but I have sat at Rush’s knee for 20+ years and he is family.

• TrumpFanGirl says:

can’t you block him 😉

• optingout says:

I used to listen to Limbaugh – I turned to talk radio after I turned off the t.v. and Faux News back in ’08. I stopped listening years ago, however. I just came here in the last few months – used to see references to you at the old Gucci Little Piggy website, but for whatever reason never stopped by. I don’t agree with your commenters on everything (nor should I), but thus far your posts have been spot on.

• Howdy Rush, if you’re reading, I quit listening largely end of Dec and really pulled the plug last week. I figured out that Cruz is a fraud “with one hand tied behind my back”.

• chasingfacts says:

I do think TCH is the new- new media= The new town square and we are fortunate to have contributors here that do so much hard work(especially time) to shine the spotlight on the “movers and shakers” in the politics that affect us.
        SD Thanks

• ediegrey says:

I heard Rush this morning and wondered, hmmm. But as the program unfolded I realized Megyn and FOX went after Rush’s darling (at least til after Iowa) Cruz and that is what he was upset about. No way I trust Rush after the disgusting adoration of Ted Cruz, no way. And when the choir boy called in complaining of Trump’s affairs with women, etc. Rush was in full pontifical mode. Give me a break.

• TwoLaine says:

Limbaugh is off the deep end over Canadian Cuban Cruz and the Cruz Cash. He is not to be trusted. And he brings it upon himself.

• oldschool64 says:

I agree on Rush, Daniel G. He won’t damage a brand worth half a billion dollars by openly endorsing a candidate before a single vote has been cast.
      H3LL, he read Sundance’s GOPe roadmap to the world. He has a good understanding of what’s going on.

When the inevitability of Trump as nominee becomes obvious(probably not long after SC), I suspect Rush’s voice will be amongst the loudest in support of The Donald.

• KBR says:

I disagree with oldschool63 and Daniel G.
        Old school, You say Rush won’t damage his brand. I say too late, he already did.
        Daniel G., you say “too much Limbaugh bashing” in the comments lately. I suggest you look back a bit. Limbaugh has been bashing us for quite a while in his quest to push Cruz.
        And yes, I do mean us, the people here. He knows it. We know it.

Rush Limbaugh is persona non grata in my book. He already chose the guy he wanted to back and made it perfectly clear that anyone who disagreed with him was stupid.
        Well well well. How the worm turns.

• PhillyGirl says:

I think Rush is trying to walk a line, straddling between Trump and Cruz. I get the feeling he would be fine with either.

• Crassus says:

I remember throughout the 90’s Rush would always tell us to be of good cheer because we were winning. Conservatism was winning. Looking back, almost 20 years later, I can’t believe I ever listened to someone as full of schist as him.

• karenkln says:

The problem with limbaugh is that he tells us that Cruz is a real conservative and trump is not. He never acknowledges Cruz’s problems or negatives that show Cruz is no constitutionalist. And aside from immigration he does not talk about trumps positions that are conservative. This is causing the mistrust. I also feel the callers are a setup when they are used to bash trump and praise Cruz. Not that all of them are that way but statistically they don’t fall in line with the way the polls are. I think he pushes Cruz to give him cover, he’s easy to push as being conservative given that’s what the media pretends. He knows if he pushed bush it would be all too obvious. If bush were to win the primary, he’d be all too happy to tell us to unite, ya know cause we gotta best the democrats. Nevermind a win like that is no win at all.

• flova says:

Today Limbaugh had a 17-year-old caller who was talking about “Trump cheating on his wife” and if that shouldn’t be an issue. It goes to character and his non Christian ways.

Limbaugh did not beg off the question so it must have been a set up.

Limbaugh went on to talk about the morally loose culture of the the last 50 years, implying the kid was right, that Trump succumbed to the sexed up culture. And then he said this is the kind of thing the Left puts on their resume so Trump should be okay.

Say what?

I couldn’t believe my ears. Rush has been married 4 times! Sure, he’s not running for office but he’s made hundreds of million off of the people listening to him.

• karenkln says:

I heard that call. I think that person was a Rubio supporter. So right there, that tells u a lot. I was thinking name one man in his younger days who wasn’t out enjoying himself and his dating life? Cut the holier than tho crap, we aren’t looking for a priest. Those are the kind of digs he loves to do at trumps expense that are really irritating.

• WeThePeople2016 says:

Notice that he always lets through a caller to say what he wants the caller to say. Then he either plays dumb or he comments on it such as the one you are talking about. It allows Rush to comment because it is what he really wants to do without getting the blame for bringing it up.

• wondering999 says:

There are few things I admire more than people who are able to divorce with decency, because it is an excruciating process for anyone.

Trump negotiated honestly with the people closest to him and has taken care of his family, by all accounts. Two-faced media people can’t tear down Trump by me — maybe a naive 17-year-old wouldn’t understand, but I sure do. Trump has no shortage of morals from the evidence I’ve read

• amjean says:

If you can’t read between the lines, so be it.

• Serpentor says:

The Limbaughs are clearly in the Cruz camp. But Rush isn’t stupid. He knows half his audience are Trumpites and he doesn’t want to be unfair to either. He clearly doesn’t care if he speaks the truth about Rubio or the others though.

I’m okay with it. As long as Rush provides interesting or fresh perspective, I will tune him in (for the first time in about 15 years when I stopped because he was clearly a kool aid carrying GOPer)

• redlegleader68 says:

Jumping in on Rush’s “problems” here, allow me to remind some of you that Mark Levin “The Great One” (Rush gave him that nickname, if you don’t know) is one of Rush’s best friends. So, “known by the friends you keep.” Anyway, I still listen to Rush as I have been since the first day he hit the airways here in Atlanta. And, Rush, if you do spend some time in the Tree House please allow me to suggest that you get your act together. OK? We’re sincerely paying attention; remember, we’re not mind numbed robots.

• BobW462 says:

Rush is a decepti-con hack, owned and controlled by his big media bosses. Don’t be fooled.

• zzschnops says:

exactly. he is a true bushie! NWO, open borders, free trade… all the rest is just to get you to listen while he brain washes you

• BobW462 says:

and… the minute that his puppet masters tell him he is to promote some other position, angle, ideology, or whatever – no matter what that may be – he will change course without missing a beat, and never look back.

• JRD says:

Limbaugh and Levin are the ones who have been exposed for being gopE drones and against the Middle Class.

Notice on Limbaugh’s site today he is lying that Rush 24/7 membership is up.

Limbaugh is losing listeners by the tens of thousands.

• In a big way, that’s a shame. All the “big” self proclaimed conservative TV and radio gurus seemed to have crossed us Trump supporters. I even dropped the local am conservative radio host (Garrison on WIBC in Indy) for this reason. I think the main disagreement is American Nationalism vs globalists. Globalists have a lot of power, money and tend to rather dangerous to mess with a certain levels.

• bleep21k says:

@Supermarket Foll- I did the same here in Ohio, dropped local talk radio (Toledo WSPD), EXCEPT it was BOTH am and pm talk host – Fred and Scott ( we have Fred, then Beck, Limbaugh, Scott) – I’ve made numerous calls, but I always explain I dont need to “defend” Donald Trump, rather that I’m speaking on behalf of myself, and rather that Donald Trump just happens to agree with ME lol. The last two days I have engaged them on FB though….posted a few good Trump truth nuggets!

• singtune says:

I agree!~~~~Good Points~!

• AZ Gulch says:

I heard that also, first time he has advertised his web site in a long time — I thought the same thing, he is losing customers, less income- and I’m sure his accountant pointed it out to him. Notice today he was a lot more agreeable to the Trump side?

• DaveNY says:

rush outted himself by his covert shillin for ?cruz?. His favorite tactics is attaching ?cruz? to statements about Trump. “Trump and ?cruz?” etc etc and taking pro ?cruz? and anti Trump callers and steering them along. I no longer listen but I do read the transcripts.
      Lately he has done some good analysis of Trump and the media but then goes and ruins it by taking credit for it. rush has keener survival instincts than “the shrill one” and will continue to adjust his course. Savage is where it’s at.

• peachteachr says:

Thank you, Daniel, for writing it for all to read. If Rush even implies something Trump does could have been done differently or in a more concise way, the people here call him everything but human. Come on folks, we all know the old sayings about burning bridges and how to behave toward others on our climb up ladders. Every word spoken or every word written is not going to always favor Trump. Truthfully, would we even want that? Isn’t that one of the things we hate about Obama?

• singtune says:

Rush IS a Globalist~! He is also the Most deceptive~! He even got his voters to go for the “NAFTA Scam~!

• Rev21v3n4 says:

Well, I have to disagree with you about Rush. I have followed him for years through his website (can’t listen during day as I work full time). This is the first time I have a serious, serious disagreement with him. IMHO he has outright lied about several Cruz talking points, has condescendingly dismissed legitimate concerns and gushed on about how strong a conservative Cruz is. I’ve even commented, politely and factually, on his FB page and, wouldn’t you know it, came under a lot of attack for daring to say being born in Canada is NOT a presidential qualifier. So, those little wispy tendrils of doubt are growing into a full sized Audrey. I don’t want to be disrespectful, but IMHO and for me, this casts a very long shadow of doubt over him. With his long standing conservative bona fides, he is just too intelligent to buy this crap, so there has to be something going on that we don’t know about. Donning my tin foil hat now.

7. Daniel says:

I’m still waiting to hear about the actual money lost by Fox. The fact is, Fox sold advertising time in the event. And they were able to charge very high rates based on predicted viewer numbers.

THAT is where Fox is feeling the hurt.

• Yes, it will be very interesting to hear what advertising rates were. I’m sure President Trump will let us know if he finds out!

• Serpentor says:

The other thing is I personally believe the ratings would be higher than normal because Trump wasn’t there and everyone wanted to see what would happen. I think ALL the debates are higher because more people are paying attention because of Trump; this includes even the Democrat “debates”. It’s impossible to separate out the Trump effect scientifically, but I’d guess he’s at least doubled the audience of both parties.

• georgiafl says:

People are also interested in the election, because these are desperate times for people without jobs, frightening times for people who don’t want an influx of terrorists and criminals in this country and maddening times for people who feel helpless while the denizens of the District of Corruption destroy and bankrupt our nation.

• They will never tell us!

• DaveNY says:

I eagerly await “the shrill one’s” ratings decline

• flawesttexas says:

Fox will probably do a lot of “make good” ads for the debate sponsors on other shows…allow them free air time during shows for the low debate ratings. In long run Fox News will lose millions from this debate

8. Trumpstumper says:

Well the talking heads are definitely spinning it otherwise… they say Fox unaffected, and no one watched Trump’s fundraiser. Yeah right.

9. joenigma says:

I wonder how many viewers watched Trump’s event. They are only counting CNN and MSNBC’s numbers but OANN and CSPAN both carried the event live.

10. TAS says:

It’s my understanding that most all Iowa stations except for Fox affiliates were carrying Trump’s Vet fund raiser live….GENIUS!!!!….right where it was needed.

• TheTorch says:

Yes this is the REAL WIN from last night, which is just terrific news. They are focused on the national picture, but Trump was focused on Iowa. It is all about Iowa in this moment. This was a master at work last night.

Trump saw an ambush planned by FOX and instead of them blowing him up, he decided to blow them up.

Majority of Iowa TV stations covering Trump event.
      The two winners of Iowa in 08 (Huck), in 12 (Rick) on stage (optics are pure gold).
      Raised $6 million for VETS – debate raised nothing but hot air.
      Focus on Veterans, wonderful stories and moving at times.
      Diamond and Silk promotion (helps with African American vote).
      Highlighting of Trumps clean life style (appealing to Evangelicals).
      All other media other than FOX, mostly talking about Trump event not main debate.
      FOX suffers 45-50% ratings loss compared to original debate.
      FOX suffers brand damage due to war with Trump.
      FOX groveling to Trump at last minute, pleading with him to go to debate.
      Cruz gets pummeled in debate by other Candidates.
      Cruz has his worst traits on show for all to see.
      Cruz clearly lost the debate.
      Rubio exposed on Immigration.

Trump manages to organize and put on an event in about 24 hours, not a single thing went wrong, it all worked like clockwork.

Think about all that for a moment and let that sink in. Trump achieved all that in one night. It is absolutely mind boggling. Trump is just jaw dropping, I can’t express how impressed I am with this man, it is like he is about 10 moves ahead of everyone else.

Treasure every moment of this election cycle, because if you live to be 100, you will never see anything like this again. This is beyond belief what is happening. It is indeed a movement, and the only thing that can prevent a landslide and vulgarian uprising, is complacency. Fight for every vote, Do your bit, make this happen, he deserves it.

11. stringy theory says:

Faux went after Trump and ended up with their ass in a sling, sustaining major brand-damage. Now the three dimwits who posed as moderators have been exposed as nothing more than Faux/Bill Sammon hand-puppets, but we knew that long ago. I suspect some of the sponsors have been on the phone demanding a refund. I think it was CNN last night showing pics of the tramp Kelly in those lingerie photo shoots and wondering how she could now be arguing she’s a serious journalist. I think Trump is being kind to her when all he calls her is a bimbo.

12. angryduc says:

I’m curious …. does Donald also have access to this new mystery GOP app data? (or however that was described explaining Cruz?) Because, he apparently has tapped into the fact that HUGE amounts of people tune into various radio, or radio blog formats.

I imagine the de-masking of fox/levin and others will cause lots of heads to explode. Not in just “conservative” media. It could cause a major shift in the control paradigm as daylight begins to sterilize festering boils just below the surface.

• pyromancer76 says:

I think you are talking about a huge data-mining program for “everyone’s” emotional responses to events by following each person’s internet choices and purchases – or something like that – and collating them into profiles. Then the operator can try different communications techniques and find the most successful in predicting responses for a specific cohort. If this is accurate, I wish such a analytic database becomes used by everyone or by no one, with all the details available for everyone to know about. Also we should be able to check and see our own profile. That probably would be an eye opener.

• moogey says:

pyro, If you have not read the following article, I think you might find it interesting.

Obama signs Executive Order: US Government using behavioral science “insights” to better SERVE us.

• BobW462 says:

This use of this kind of science has quickly become a top priority for the elites now that their carefully constructed and protected systems of control are breaking down right in front of everyone. As new “insight” is mined, you can bet that the propaganda/deception machine will swiftly adjust to try and take advantage of it.

• moogey says:

And Bob Gates wants a computer in every child’s hand, so let’s give them away for free
            And Zuckerberg wants free internet in every child’s hand, so let’s give them away for free
            And Jeff Bozo wants free telephones in every child’s hand, so let’s give them away for free

Manipulation of the masses by the silent Global corporatists, academia and governments.
            And individuals now search in earnest for analog radios. – Interesting times.

• KBR says:

They must be really confused by my purchases and interests online, lol.

I help shop for my elderly mother’s clothing and for my grandkids clothes and toys, everything from pampers to depends! Yet I need neither. I shop for new home gifts for others, even though I have too much to need anything for mine. I buy toys for kid’s cats though I don’t have one but am allergic. I buy for my daughter’s chickens needs, though I don’t have any. I often look up articles about the kids interests because I am interested even when I don’t necessarily agree. I read a lot. A LOT.

Because I really do vet candidates, I buy pro- and con- books about them. Along the way I have bought every opposing book you could imagine: I tend to “study the opposition” in everything. I’m Strongly Christian but I have books on odd and old religious beliefs, including the “sacred” writings of many other current religions.

They must put me in this group then that one, ever changing. Good! If they want to know me, they should make an attempt to meet me. Otherwise none of their business!

13. yy4u says:

Sorry about the likr — Windows 10 upgrade is a real challenge. It doesn’t like my gamer keyboard, it doesn’t like Chrome, it doesn’t like Word Perfect, it doesn’t like itself. ARGHGHGHGHGHG

14. tampa2blog says:

I still believe Trump ended the rally at 10:15 as part of a negotiated comprise with Ailes. Ailes
    apologized, Trump cut the rally short so the viewers could go back to the debate. They exchanged calls three times yesterday, settling the terms of how to move forward with Trump regaining his respect from Fox (Megyn, et. al.) and Fox resolves the dispute so they continue to have access to Trump and Trump backs off bad-mouthing Fox.

• John Smythe says:

Are you suggesting that Trump used lessons from “The Art of Te Deal” to work with Ailes for the good of all concerned, like in a win, win, situation? Ok by me if that was the case but I would like for Trump to let us all in on that fact sometime soon.

• Serpentor says:

It’s too high of an expectation to ask the magician how the trick is performed. Just be happy that he can perform it.

• yy4u says:

Part of the deal should be that while FOX doesn’t have to promote him the way they do Bushubio, at least they don’t trash him (which means Hayes and Will need to go on injured reserve). Kelly needs — have no idea what Kelly needs to do as I have never watched her and never will except when she “moderated” the first debate. What a tart. An embarrassment to all professional, intelligent women. Bret Baier has destroyed all credibility, but it would be too obvious if he joined his pal Brit Hume in retirement. Put Tucker Carlson on more panels. I’d give him his own show — maybe at 11:00 instead of a rerun. I’d watch. I don’t watch Fox and Friends on weekdays but look forward on weekends when Carlson is the host. I don’t like bias and Fox has shown itself to be biased to the extreme.

15. ssupsky says:

They did it to themselves. They were warned time and again, yet did not heed. Fox news is like a swine…do not cast your pearls before swine…they will continue to decline until changes are made.

16. Cruz was 4 Obama’s Kiev Coup & False Flags to Blame on Putin.

Rubio authored Obama’s Amnesty in 2013 – right after he cried like Boehner, all during Obama’s SOTU Address.

Trump – Was in Jeffry Epstein’s “little black book” and Epstein’s Trial was hushed in July 2015 by a crooked, conflict of interest, CHICAGO JUDGE.

I CANNOT STOMACH LIARS AND CROOKS AND KETTLES CALLING THE POT BLACK SORT OF PEOPLE.

• Gail Combs says:

Trump – Was circled in Jeffry Epstein’s “little black book” AS A MATERIAL WITNESS. He owns hotels. Those hotels would have records with names and dates useful in a court case.

blockquote> ….marked up the book and an accompanying notepad with “handwritten notes” that contained “information material to the underlying investigation that would have been extremely useful in investigating and prosecuting the case, including the names and contact information of material witnesses….

blockquote>

Dershowitz is the only name linked with an alleged victim.

17. Bluto says:

Trump Wins +
    Fox Loses

= America Wins.

End story.

18. kenmar1965 says:

If you eliminate the broadcaster, the debate viewership has been in a consistent decline.

8/6/2015 25
    9/16/2015 23
    12/15/2015 18
    11/10/2015 14
    1/14/2015 11
    1/28/2016 13

• Serpentor says:

Predictable.

The first debate, everyone wanted to see how Trump would shake things up. After two or three of them, it was old hat. Last night would have been big with the Megyn Kelly hyping bout, but Trump pulled his Trump card.

• yy4u says:

I don’t know about anyone else, but I watched the first debate out of honest curiosity about the candidates. I hadn’t made up my mind. Very quickly, I caught on that Baier and Kelly were there to take out Trump. Wallace was no surprise. He’s his father’s son and and is always hard on non liberals. I was mortified as a smart female by Megynecology Kelly’s idiotic question about Trump’s being “mean to women”. What a load of cow manure. As a female I don’t expect to whine about anybody being mean to me; I expect to defend myself. That question didn’t need to be asked but had it, it should have been asked by one of the other inquisitors. I watched the rest of the debates because I’m superstitious and I didn’t want to bring Trump bad luck (okay, when I played tennis, I wouldn’t play a tournament in a tennis outfit I’d lost in before.) I didn’t watch last night because without Trump, it was just a campaign event for Bushubio.

• TrumpFanGirl says:

It would have been bigger b/c it’s closer to the Primaries and the Trump/Kelly/Fox dustup

19. Jason says:

I wonder if someone will release info about the ad revenue. I caught about 24 minutes of commercial time during the debate… if their ad rate dropped from 750K per minute to 150K per minute, Fox lost over 14 million.

• belle says:

I didn’t watch the debate, but would love to know who the advertisers were so I can boycott them.

• Big D says:

They didn’t get 150 /min.
      When all is said and done, fox will lose money and here’s why;
      They will give advertisers ‘free’ runs to make up the difference and then some, to keep the advertisers and their silence.
      Fox cannot afford to have the viewing public know that President Trump schlonged them and the surest way is for advertisers to start bitching and / or walking away from them.
      You the ‘viewer’ will remain ignorant to that truth because it won’t be reported.
      President Trump handed the advertisers one helluva ‘negotiating’ tool, ( by negotiating I mean blackmail ).
      Lol, Rupert it fixin to get Murdoched.
      Mess with the bull and you’ll get the horns.
      We used to have a saying that fits better…… F with the best, fall like the rest.

• KBR says:

I, the former viewer, won’t know and won’t care.

• Big D says:

Lol, that’s the double whammy.
          Simply put, ad cost is based on popularity, ( the most eyes who potentially purchase goods / services ).
          Rupert will spend however rupert must to keep their silence because at stake are trillions and humanity’s slavery, ( as Sundance has laid out ).
          Fox will do whatever it takes for the viewing audience to believe that they still have relevance because… fair and balanced……. Murica , kiss your Mother and we got an agenda to sell.
          So, everyone that tunes out, Rupert must pay more out of pocket to keep the facade going hoping that someone will figure out how to derail the TRUMP train.
          Don’t worry about poor rupert, he’s exploited more than enough people already to retire comfortably.
          Here’s the deal, these people do not imagine themselves as simply our betters, they imagine themselves to be gods, ( No I am not kidding ).

• Jason says:

haha… no doubt. Love that he hit them where it really hurts.

• redlegleader68 says:

I am really coming around to liking the term (new to me, at least) “schlonged” Has a nice ring to it now doesn’t it. Bless her heart, wonder if Smegyn get it? 😉

• KitKat says:

That explains why BOR was begging. When he begged, he should at least have been polite.

• Big D says:

BOR is an arrogant, self centered idiot who loves the smell of his own flatulence. He has no understanding of the big picture.
        He is an useful idiot, nothing more.
        I will give him credit.
        Although he is completely about himself, once told what to accomplish, he tried his damdest to achieve the desired result.
        Even going personal – milkshake.
        Give it up people, fox news was not, is not and cannot be
        ‘ fair and balanced’.
        It was always a marketing gimmick, nothing more.

20. zadatn says:

Viewership is trending downward spiral. Why do we need any other debates?

• Sentient says:

More people seeing how annoying Cruz is is OK.

• Big D says:

Because us damn vulgarians still insist on voting for Trump and they haven’t yet figured out how to take him down, peaceably or, ‘ accidentally’ !
      Yeah, that’s how real this is and once you understand that, it gives you a profound appreciation for what Donald J Trump is doing with hid God given gifts and talents.
      Again msm, lecture me on who is the real Christian because I forgot the part where Jesus said that it isn’t the hearers of the Word, but the Doers.

21. screwauger says:

Think elRushbo or his minions have been reading SD’s posts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

22. The Boss says:

Note that Rush pointed out Trump’s ability to out faux conservatives. Remember Trump’s remarks about Trojan Horses made in the context of the Syrian refujihadists. Trump’s unique and important contribution to America is exposing the imposters among us. The imposters are NOT true Americans. They’re globalists and globalist wannabes. They are enemies. And while these non-Americans spit on our first amendment with their reckless propaganda, lies and rationalizations, they better damn well remember we have a second amendment.

• Yes, WE have a second amendment but the globalists and their media are working every angle to whittle it away . Right now it is all that stands between WE the people and total subjugation.

• Gail Combs says:

The disarmed Europeans are going to be wishing THEY never gave up their guns when all those young healthy male refujihadists get hit by the cold and snowstorms a bit later this year. A hand full of refujihadists armed with knifes, bats and guns are going to break down doors beat the men and rape every one else.

Matthew Bracken has a possible scenario for Europe: Tet, Take Two: Islam’s 2016 European Offensive

…In disarmed Europe, any group of a dozen or more cold, hungry and angry Muslim men armed with clubs and knives will be able to enter any German house or business that they like. Worse, there are now reports of vast quantities of firearms being smuggled into Europe by the muhajirun, with cowed European authorities afraid to search the migrants or their baggage, lest they provoke riots. And weapons are not only smuggled in “refugee” baggage: eight hundred assault-style shotguns were just seized in a single truck in northern Italy, bound from Turkey to Belgium. How many truckloads of weapons and explosives have not been stopped?

In Germany, even before the winter snows, the migrants are flash-mobbing and looting shops and stores. Seeking to forestall a social eruption, police do not respond until the mobs have safely departed. For now, the German government is paying these store owners for their lost merchandise, but this cannot continue forever…..

At the bottom in comments I have the alternate scenario for the Urban Wars** here in the USA.

I sure hope we are both wrong. Mr Trump appeared just in time here in the USA

** J.D. Robb has books set in the 2060s after the Urban Wars in ~2020…

• tz says:

“Out Faux”
      Good one!

• Big D says:

” they better damn well remember we have a second amendment.”
      For now, but how much of that have we given away without a whimper.
      The Constitution and Bill of Rights is what separates us from the rest. Once those have been minimized, (as they have ) and eliminated, then the World falls into the hands of ‘those that would be’.
      I’m not trying to be overly dramatic, or paranoid.
      What you need to understand people is this,
      The World’s vulgarians look to America and as it stands a free Democratic REPUBLIC*, there is hope.
      If that comes to pass, because we squander our gifts and responsibilities, the World is quite literally ( excuse me Ladies ) fucked.
      They know that consciously and unconsciously.
      We will decide the fate of the World’s people this election.

23. be says:

They were supposed to have “surprise” questioners, an illegal immigrant, a Muslim and one other wonder if they showed up to “trap” the other candidates on stage?? anyone know ?

• Jason says:

Carson got the illegal immigrant question, posed as a small business question. Jeb jumped in after to pump up the fact she was an illegal but should be respected b/c she served in military and was living the american dream as a small business owner (and now legal US citizen). Several I think also commented but can’t remember clearly.

Jeb’s jumping on the question was pretty clear he had at least planned his response. You can bet he would have tried to snipe at Trump over it and there’s zero doubt that was the plan. Why else ask an illegal alien to ask a small business question.

The Muslim had her question posed to Jeb and on cue, he made his answer about Trump ‘Yes, I’m mentioning Donald Trump, in case anyone forgot about him or was missing him’ and went into his tried (and failed) line that banning Muslims creates a toxic environment for Muslims in the US and in trying to defeat ISIS abroad.

There was some question whether Rubio got some crib notes and was the intended ‘Surging’ candidate post-debate, but seems pretty clear Jeb was given the opportunity at a few softballs as well and at the very least he fully intended to try and score some points on DT. Probably worked better for him that Trump wasn’t there.

Not sure if the 3rd (black, former? service member) ever had his question posed to anyone.

• Athena the Warrior says:

They did. I watched the debate AFTER is was over on Fox’s YT channel where ratings don’t count. All pandering victim garbage. Would the sweet, muslim entrepreneur face discrimination? Would the sweet, Hispanic entrepreneur face discrimination.

Those stunts would have fit in better at MSNBC or CNN.

24. Sundance, I’m so glad you did an article about the ratings. The MSM has had some really stupid people that are talking about ratings right now with talking points that make absolutely no sense. Your apples to pancakes is a perfect analogy. All morning I’m hearing the talking heads say well it looks like you can DEBATE if Fox or Trump one the ratings war…REALLY???

Here is what they are saying, ugh!

fox had approx 12.5M viewers that is UP from the last debate they say so a win for Fox, huh??? You can’t compare a smaller niche network to Fox News, they are the ratings powerhouse with typically 4x msnbc viewership or fox businesses viewership. CNN is closer but still trails fox as well!
    then they say, well ratings have been slipping over the past couple months since the first and second debate (viewer fatigue) they call it. The ratings may have dipped slightly but most of the debates have lower ratings because they were on way smaller networks.

Less viewers on the network = less people watch the debate!

-“There wasn’t as much going on to hype up this debate because people had already seen a couple of them”…you don’t call Trumps threat not to show and the drama associated with that hype??? Networks kill for that type of hype and it’s all they were ALL talking about.

and here’s the best one I heard, “well fox clearly beat Trump because they had 12.5M viewers and CNN and MSNBC had about 4M combined!!!

Award for dumbest statement of the day, above! Trump had massive amounts of people streaming, not factored in, C-span was not included and all the local networks that decided to run in Iowa. Now, do I think Trump beat 12.5 million, probably not because he only had TWO days promotion! And the FULL broadcast did not air on CNN and MSNBC so people were in and out. Had he had 3 weeks to promote and locked in a deal with a major network, it would have been probably 15-20M viewers for Trump!

And the point of the battle was not…Did Trump beat Fox in the ratings? It was…did Trump cause a decrease in Fox’s ratings? The answer to that is a Resounding YES! In all reality, Fox probably sold units based upon 20M viewership (projected), they got 12.5M, this means they have to run a $hit ton of make goods (as they are called in the biz) aka bonus units over the next 3 months for all the advertisers that got short changed. This will utilize inventory that they would typically get paid for during those months! In other words Fox lost a ton of money due Mr. Donald J Trump. And that makes me very happy and sends a clear message to Fox and ALL Media Networks. Don’t mess with Trump or your balance sheet goes Bing, Bing, Bong! Mission Accomplished…Message Received

• I meant won, not one! Ugh

• TwoLaine says:

I think the fact that Google Trend showed TRUMP at the CLEAR TOP last night during the debate we KNOW who got the most traffic online. That was self-evident!

• andymilken says:

Don’t get too upset about the numbers. From a strategic point of view, Trumpy needed to do what he needed to do -1) expose the junior senator from texas for what he is (short-term goal); 2) expose to local campaigning; winning in Iowa (short-term); 3) expose faux that will serve him well in the general (anti-media for the conservative side and enemy of the enemy for the liberal side or cross-over (purely genius) (long-term). In any given election, you only need to persuade about 10% from your opponents’ supporters and you are home free (i.e. 1/3 of Iowans are still “pending”). The man is truly a master of strategic thinking and planning, and tactical execution. It is not about “destroying” faux, that will never happen. He needs to have the media to drive his message as he plays them like a fiddle. He is truly a guru of “organized chaos”. It will be a fascinate case study for the ages when this election is over. But I don’t think it can be duplicated because there is only one Donald J. Trump.

• redlegleader68 says:

And 3) as was mentioned in an article I posted earlier on another of our articles, the thinking is he actually was looking ahead to SC with the Vets rally – that would be SC, extremely vet heavy, where he runs the table.

• moogey says:

What a delightful read. Bing, Bing, Bong-Message Received loud and clear.

Thank you ECP, Clever and concise. Nicely written.

• be says:

Great info! Love it hit the all mighty dollar. What I don’t understand about all the greedy, One World globalists is they can only live so long why lose all the culture and history., well everything.. how can they justify that?

25. Eggss says:

Trump’s campaign is brilliant. The debate audience has been going down steadily since the first one. Trump was able to skip out and also predict low audience numbers. Did he cause it or was it just going to happen anyway? No way to tell but Trump can position himself as the one who leads the masses. No down side on his move. I know some liberals that are already justifying why Trump is all right with them because Ted Cruz or such-and-such.

• TwoLaine says:

They’ve all gone down considerably after each initial one per channel because of the way they treated certain candidates and the audience, who was all of America.

Shameful, VERY Shameful! And they’ve gotten away with this crap for years. NO MORE!

The Snake has been exposed for EXACTLY what it is!

• joshua says:

I think Trump did the equivalent with jumping off the debate circuit like he jumped off the Atlantic City Casino circuit….he saw it going down, and exited before the wheels came off completely…..this man has a CRYSTAL BALL of Stategic Foresight.

26. JoeS says:

And, probably a lot of the audience they got last night were just tuning in and out to find out what they were saying about Trump in his absence-tuning in for the controversy that Trump created.

If Trump had never been in a prior debate, then the audience would be about 4-5 million on a VERY GOOD night.

Trump is a genius for not participating. They were out to get him and they ALL (the candidates and Fox) got themselves!

The best part of the night was that by not appearing, Trump showed the nation what it looks like without him. What it looks like without him is ever more boring focus group tested political speak by candidates who seem mechanical and without heart and personality.

Sundance, in your previous article about Cruz and the debate, you touched on (eloquently) the key to Trump. HE IS REAL. He is somewhat old-fashioned like Vince Lombardi. But, as you said, with his faults, his bombast gets peoples attention, and, deep down, he is authentic because he is TRUTHFUL with people. People trust him. You did a SUPER job earlier in demonstrating why people CONNECT with Trump.

Thank you for that.

• popsfromvienna says:

I don’t know how rating data is acquired but I think you are correct. Many people where probably checking in on the Fox event just to see what was going on without the star.

• JoeS says:

Think so, and I am not sure how data is collected either.

I do notice how people slow down to see a car accident site on a freeway, though. I think it is the same phenomena here.

27. BenY says:

Hey Rush……you’re one of the ‘establishment” phonies who got exposed.

28. faridrushdi says:

Grrrrr, Hannity!

I grew up in D.C., have my degree in political science, write about politics for a living and after 40 years, I am very good at listening for what politicians and journalists mean, not what they say (but — I’m no Sundance). But I have to say, until Trump came on the scene a few months ago, Fox had me snookered. I mean, totally. And if they’ve been doing this to someone trained not to get snookered, how has it effected the casual listener?

I was listening to Hannity this afternoon while at my desk and he began his radio show with, “Well, the debate on Fox did very well last night. It was the third-highest rated debate of this cycle and while CNN and MSNBC’s ratings were up a little, they were only for the quarter-hour they covered Trump. So I guess there wasn’t as much effect on Fox’s ratings as everyone thought.”

He also thought that Cruz did very well, and landed several shots on the other guys.

The one thing we are warned about as political writers is to NOT feed our personal political beliefs by cherry-picking facts to fuel what we think. It’s hard, but some of us really try. But this whole Fox thing has just stunned me. That radar I have for the other cable networks seems to have just turned off when Fox came on. Now, I see it, hear it, and get very angry. Trust really leaves you open for a right-hook.

29. John Falco says:

Heads up, could be some issues in New Hampshire! Possible voter fraud or the NH governor is in a panic and the GOP is about to implode.

30. Backspin says:

I have noticed a secondary effect in that the ” media combine ” can’t tell me what I should think ……
    because I did not care to watch . They can’t tell us what we ” Saw ” , ’cause we weren’t there.
    ———— Ignoring them steals their POWER !!!!!

31. sundance says:

32. Nick says:

This is BS. Viewership might have been high when the debate started (obviously due to lack of Trump) but I’m willing to bet it dropped off sharply quite quickly when the reality set it and people realized how boring it all was and tuned to the Trump event.

• yy4u says:

I tuned in to see if Trump showed up. When he didn’t, I tuned right back out. Maybe they counted those who did that. Fox had played the possibility he might come for all it was worth. Had he shown up, I’d have remained. He didn’t, and I left. My mind is made up. I’m voting for Trump. If he’s the Republican nominee, that’s great. If he’s not, I write in his name. I can’t in good conscience vote for an establishment candidate.

33. Joe says:

“FOX Upskirt Channel” …stole that somewhere, but now my new moniker for FOX.

34. I don’t trust Rush. One day he bashes trump and the other day he makes sure he did what trump is doing now! He equates himself with trump making himself bigger than trump!

• Jake says:

You are so right. Did you notice how he compared his ‘Rush to ExcellenceTours’ with Trump’s style at the rallies, equating how they both can speak off the cuff for an hour or more. It was so self-serving.

35. Blase Blase says:

Fox News are the best spin master I have ever seen tho!!!

36. Jason says:

37. varangia says:

They lost 5 to 10 million, probably on the high side.

38. Kristin says:

Daniel G. I agree. I wrote yesterday that I think Rush will vote for Trump. But he is not endorsing. He really should not in his position.

39. Thanks for putting up that chart to explain the spin. So dishonest of them. Of course, this is the same Bill Kristol that tweeted this last night:

He is such a tool.

40. frangelica1 says:

I posted on a site before the debate that Trump is a true strategic genius that continues to outdo all the political elites. Having worked in a large Corporate Strategic department setting Corporate Strategic direction, Donald Trump continues to astound me with his almost psychic like foresight and his excellent preparation to defuse any coming attack. He is truly smart and nimble like a fox!

In addition to his great strategic maneuvers in this presidential race, I love that he is also a genuine caring person that truly wants to help the working class American people and our whole country get back to the wonderful country America had been known for.

We are all watching true greatness that will be talked about in the history books I am sure! Here is to Donald Trump setting America back on a course of true greatness again! You have to just love this man!

41. Lou Dobbs got his marching orders today. He’s touting the BIG SUCCESS of last nights debate coverage by Fox. He obviously is reading prepared talking points, and from my observation of Lou, the comments definitely don’t reflect his views.

42. NCPatriot says:

I don’t know how to import sites for everyone to click on, but I read an article today by Ann Coulter on Breitbart—-Blasting Murdock and News Corp and Fox News for their globalist agenda that is behind all their reporting. (and how they minimize their discussion of immigration in their news stories etc.)
    Very scathing article

43. L1 says:

Well lets be glad and hopeful Rush sees this now and castigate him. Deception this deep has surprised a LOT of people. The deveption has run deeper than most expected past the obvious like Bush to the likes of Rand Paul. When deception runs this deep it takes time for many to realize theyve been deceived.

44. Rev21v3n4 says:

Need to vent: had a wide ranging discussion with a very good friend tonight. The subject of vets came up and I mentioned hearing a vet speak at Trump’s event last night. What had been a good, friendly chat suddenly turned into a shark tank. She reared up with fire in her eye and said, “I don’t like Trump. I won’t listen to him.” Then she proceeded to say last night was the first time he ever gave to the vets, how dare he think he could hold an event like that. I said, “Whoa, that is NOT the first time he’s given to vets. That is not true.” She came back with, “Well that Wounded Warriors project he’s giving all that money to is crooked and he shouldn’t be doing that.” I said, “That is not true either. He is donating to several organizations and that is not one of them.” Then she reverted to I don’t like Trump. He says he’s a Christian but he’s not. At which point I said, you are believing lies. That is two lies you just stated as fact. Two. It is not up to us to judge whether he is a Christian or not, that’s up to God. Last, she brought up his infidelity and said that is NOT the kind of person I want in the White House. Again, friend, that was a long time ago and he has stated many times since how much he regrets things and how wrong he was. Basically, she walked away then.

It is always a shock to me to run into people you know well and like a lot and have them turn into such angry, vituperative people who glibly spout a lot of ignorant lies. I was genuinely taken aback by her vehemence, but that didn’t stop me from rebutting everything she said with truth. She is a long standing old school Democrat, but other than that ( 😉 ), we’ve always gotten along. Makes my heart sad. There is none so blind as (s)he who will not see or even take a modicum of effort to see if a statement is true or not.

It is in moments like this that the truth of what Jesus said, “O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!” (KJV) This is the version I grew up with to memorize scripture. I still like it best in this verse because the “ye would not” is so strong. It is an emphatic expression of our stubborn, rebellious nature. Anyway, I think I just went down a rabbit trail, but the conversation I had tonight opens my eyes to the stark reality when we reject truth and His sorrow at our refusal to see and believe. That’s what I felt tonight in some small measure.

45. Colorado Conservative says:

Sundance, THANK YOU for posting the actual numbers so this info can be readily shared, primarily with the people who are falling for Fox New’s front page statement claiming it was the “second highest” watched debate in history.

46. Cathy R says:

We’re not Stupid and we all wised up! Newsmax. CNN, MSNBC, CSPAN, Live stream, OANN and more all wanted a piece of the pie on #DonaldTrumps Ratings! Add them all up which aren’t counted and #Trump blew it up!

47. boutis says:

As people make up their minds the viewership drops. And the debates have not been very good with the worst being Me-Again! Kelly and crew. Time to vote and get this show on the road! Enough with the debates and chasing ad dollars. I don’t care what the talking heads think because they are always wrong. I would like to see maybe Trump have an award show for media who were the MOST WRONG most often with high-light videos. Several hilarious categories could be determined. And a lifetime achievement award for Karl Rove. They could all wear tiaras.