Candidate Donald Trump Speech to South Carolina Tea Party – Standing Ovation…

Scanning through some of the comments there appears to be some kind of misinformation, or disinformation, campaign regarding a Donald Trump speech in South Carolina yesterday while appearing at a Tea Party Convention.

It was a great speech and the audience gave Trump a standing ovation upon completion. Here’s the video:

It would be wise for everyone to remember, Donald Trump stood up to defend the Tea Party when the left-wing nuts and the media attacked them/us.

A full year before Ted Cruz emerged as a Texas senate candidate, Trump was doing all he could to advance grassroots efforts against entrenched political types.

While back-stabbing lapdogs like Glenn Beck joined with the left-wing media whackos who were accusing the Tea Party of being filled with radicals, extremists and racists. Donald Trump stood up and said no; he defended the Tea Party at a time when few politicians were willing to do so publicly.

trump conservative 1

conservative quote 2.0

This entry was posted in Donald Trump, Election 2016, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

148 Responses to Candidate Donald Trump Speech to South Carolina Tea Party – Standing Ovation…

1. ajbenius says:

Sundance, can you make a post of the new South Carolina poll with Trump at a 14% lead? Trump is at 32%, Cruz is at 18%.

Trump is up 4% from the last poll by the same source, while Tundra Ted is down 3%. New York values, eh?

2. margo says:

O.M.G. When does he ever sleep? Got to give that throat some time to heal, I think.

3. WSB says:

Well, two other hings can be cleared up:

Article on Breitbart and others reported that the audience at one of his events Friday was booing Trump. Hardly the case, they were booing Cruz’s use of loans from New York banks.
    Lo Fo talk radio hosts and Fox SOMEHOW gagged their research departments and accused Trump of voting for 0.

If I were they, I would start running.😉

4. aprilyn43 says:

I wasn’t aware Trump was a backer of the “Tea Party” but I’m glad he is and was.
    I still believe in the “Tea Party,” and to those who say it’s a racist organization I say, just look a the KKK Democrats and their Purple-publicans! Who both have more racism and bigotry in them than the “Tea Party” ever did. And, who both saw what the “Tea Party” was and still IS … A Party of the People For the People … And knew they were in trouble, so they started a smear campaign!
    I also, believe Trump should be running under the banner of the “Tea Party”!

• WeeWeed says:

“Tea Party” is not an organization, nor a party. It is merely a state of mind…that petrified democrats. No, he shouldn’t “run” under the banner of “Tea Party.” We need to take back the republican party and oust those old career rinos that claim the GOP.
      Term limits imposed for the entire congress under the next republican president wouldn’t hurt my feelers, either.

• Crassus says:

The Tea Party is deader than Kelsey’s Nuts. It died from terminal apathy a few months after the 2010 elections. It exists today only as an imaginary boogie man used by Democrats to scare more cash out of their rich liberal donors and by the media to denigrate conservatives.

• LoreneTN says:

Trump has said many times that he supports the Tea Party. He has also stated on several occasions that the Tea Party has been treated very unfairly.

• With all of Trump’s intel, he had to see how the left and the RINOs targeted the Tea Party, before it hit the media, but at about the same time Trump himself was being “birther-slandered” by the same complex. Fellow victims of Obama and the Uniparty.

• Southern Son says:

I believe Our Tea Party is alive and well. It has only been coopted by cruz, brown, scott, haley, too many to name. Skinheads did the same thing to an American flag. I refuse to be pigeon holed anymore, and fly My flag with Honor and Pride. I have that Right. People have No Right to not be offended.

• ladysforest says:

Last fall I was on a train “ride” thingy. There was this fellow who had his two granddaughters out for a special day. He talked and talked the whole ride about all the special things they did for all their special days – it was so special I wanted to tell him to stow it! It really did get super annoying. Anyway, after the ride I saw them out in the parking lot, and on the back window of his vehicle was a gadsden flag. I laughed and told my husband that since the man was Tea Party, I would forgive him.

5. Guy Stumpman says:

Speaking of back stabbing lapdogs, has Trump called him out for that fake photoshop tweet yet and if not do you think he will. I think the whole country needs to be aware of the dirty disingenuous tactics that were used against him.

6. georgiafl says:

Sundance, Thanks for posting the truth yet again.

All I had heard about the speech to the Tea Party was that they booed Trump for criticizing Ted Cruz. LINK

• Buck Weaver says:

Yes thank you for posting. Just finished listening and now I am caught up with what I missed yesterday. I brought up the booing yesterday, because I had read a tweet and wanted to know if it was a big deal. I hope that wasn’t was being referred to in this article. It was a honest question. Now that I’ve listened to the speech, I would agree that it was no big deal at all, mainly because Trump didn’t back down when it happened, but rather he silenced the boos with the truth.

7. Bert Darrell says:

Glenn Beck has apologized for tweetting that DJT had voted for Obama. He said (I’m parphrasing) that he `had been fooled by a fake tweet. (Source: 1/17/2016)
    “Glenn Beck Apologizes After Citing Anti-Trump Hoax Tweet on Fox News; Trump Fires Back: Dope’s ‘Company Is Falling Apart”

• AdukeLAXobserver says:

Love that Trump didn’t accept the apology and attacked Beck and his company. No one should accept an apology from a guy and his company that trash you daily.

• WenMaMa says:

Glenn Beck backed down so fast because our great leader Sundance tweeted to Beck and gave him a warning shot that he will expose Glenn. Glenn got scared. Thanks again, Sundance.
      WE have two leaders TRUMP & Sundance, they got power. Of course, we also have.

8. saskamare says:

NBC just reported the booing, too like it was for Trump! GRRRR!

• The media did that once before. Turned out the audience was booing who he was speaking about, not Trump.

• AdukeLAXobserver says:

So tomorrow, does Beck says the tea party was booing Trump, then says he was wrong the next day and apologize?

• americalsgt says:

I don’t have a problem with Trump being booed. Everyone isn’t going to agree with him. Would you rather he say all the things people want to say at any given time, and eat corn dogs and wear LL Bean Barn Coats?

• WenMaMa says:

The booing is expected because there were small size Cruz’s supporters there. Of course when they heard TRUMP mentioned about Cruz, they did not like it and booing. But the beauty is to learn how TRUMP can effectively handle those booing.
      Cruz did not have the guts to mention TRUMP, because he was scared of the potential booing from the enormous TRUMP supporters.
      This is the conclusion I drew from this tea party gathering.

9. saskamare says:

Wayne Dupree just reported the booing was for his cruz loan comment, but got a Standing O at the very end.

10. Liked by 27 people

11. marierogers says:

equating the ice skating rink financial disaster with monumental waste in washington..
    if anybody can fix it, he can!

• WSB says:

I met a staff member on the Bridgeport Ferry who attends the Universtiy of Bridgeport. His business classes now use the WOLLMAN rink as a prime best practices example of public/private relationship study.

I remember it well. Was a miracle.

• R-C says:

Was it a ‘miracle’ that a college would use a Trump example as a positive, or do you think Trump’s achievement is a ‘miracle’.

If you’d say, “The latter,” I’d have to disagree–it’s just Trump, being Trump. Stuff gets done around that guy.

• R-C says:

He also tied the pre-Trump Wollman Rink experience to Jeb Bush’s disastrous campaign: $69 million utterly wasted. Ugh.

• Millwright says:

Speaking of waste – as Mr. Trump was – the current F-35, like many other “design by committee” programs, is an excellent example of “waste”. It harkens back to the multiple disasters of the “McNamara era” that gave us the F-111, the M-16, the carrier JFK, the “universal military boot” , etc. Worse, he created an “establishment ethos” persisting to this day . Can DT make a “sea change” in this ? I don’t know, but someone has to be given the opportunity to curtail the leverage the “military – industrial establishment ” has upon Congress and our economy. But he must first break the stranglehold mushrooming “entitlement” costs crippling our businesses and opportunities.

12. Watching this speech as I type. Also just watched the interview with Stephanopoulos. His speaking pattern is completely different from what he sounds like at his rallies. To me, this is further evidence that he’s transitioning to Presidential mode.

13. NHVoter says:

Go Trump!

So Cruz’s defense is that he’s stupid? Alright then.

14. Regina says:

Here’s an interesting voice in the chorus:

Sen. Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.) is slamming Republican presidential candidate Ted Cruz for attacking “New York values” and praising GOP rival Donald Trump for defending his home state.

“I’m a Democrat, but Donald Trump did a very good job defending New York,” Schumer told host John Catsimatidis on “The Cats Roundtable” on New York’s AM-970 on Sunday.

“I’d like Ted Cruz to go talk about New York values to the firefighters who rushed to the towers on 9/11, and the police and EMTs, to the brave New York police officers who keep our streets safe,” he added.

Schumer also noted that Cruz’s wife worked for Goldman Sachs.

“Maybe he wants to go to Wall Street and talk about New York values, you know, where his wife worked,” Schumer said.

After Cruz attacked Trump this week for representing “New York values,” Trump defended himself at Thursday’s GOP presidential debate by invoking the city’s response to the September 11, 2001, terrorist attacks.

“I think [Cruz] hurt himself and he deserved to, and Trump, gotta give him credit, was right on the money in his response,” Schumer said.

Schumer also referred to a New York Daily News front page showing the Statue of Liberty giving Cruz the middle finger.

“He will be now forever on the front page of the Daily News memorialized, because they had the Statue of Liberty, and she made a gesture in Cruz’s direction,” Schumer said.

15. LauraG says:

Thanks for posting this sundance. Trump. I love him more each day. Truly. I was so afraid to trust him at first, but now, all my support goes to Donald J. Trump. He speaks sort of in parables at times, and other times you can tell he’s holding back, but the messages are loud and clear.

16. Given “sadly” that Ted Cruz will not apologize for his remarks aimed at Mr. Trump and his “New York values,” we at The Treehouse will apologize anyway for him.

Mr. Trump, we apologize that you have had to endure Mr. Cruz in your Manhattan office after desperately desiring to meet with you, even though Mr. Cruz can’t stomach New York City and its debauched values.

We apologize, Mr. Trump for Ted Cruz providing you with a false conservative image of himself while failing to supply information to the elections commission on the unsecured loans given to him for his campaign.

We apologize to you that others didn’t listen when you accurately questioned that Mr. Cruz and his calculating wife Heidi would fully intend to repay Goldman Sachs their money… in the form of numerous favors.

We apologize that Mr. Trump has had to exhaust himself time and again with predictions that lawsuits would be filed against Mr. Cruz for his Canadian citizenship snafu, only to witness such a suit that has been just filed by a Houston attorney who is enamored with batty Bernie Sanders.

We apologize to Mr. Trump for having to bite the bullet ad nauseum while being civil in displaying his respect for Mr. Cruz, only to be forced finally to expose that he really is a “nasty guy” and “not very well liked by a lot of people.”

We apologize to Mr. Trump who would have told Mr. Cruz to shove it when the other applauded him during his heartfelt recognition of New York’s 9/11 tragedy, but only politely said he felt insulted.

We also apologize profusely to Mr. Trump for Ted’s “goat roper” appearance in Iowa while pandering for votes in pleated blue jeans, crisply pressed plaid shirts and $500 cowboy boots.

And we apologize to Mr. Trump for knowing in his gut that he is going to make creamed corn out of Mr. Cruz in Iowa, but is too classy to jump up and down in delirium, along with the rest of us, as the first step in kicking down the door to the White House begins.

If anybody tells you that Mr. Trump has not been apologized to for the behavior of Ted Cruz, tell them to stick that bee in their bonnet.

17. Daniel says:

The disinformation is increasing to be sure. The “Young Conservatives” web site is going all kinds of crazy over ridiculous news bits including the one alluded to in this story.

And sometimes it doesn’t matter if you make corrections in the comments, the readers just read and react so very badly. The site was, at the beginning of the campaign “Pro Bush” then later, Pro-Carson and now Pro-Cruz. They’ve been solidly against Trump but the readers/commenters keep supporting Trump. It’s kind of ridiculous.

18. Regina says:

more nice new from The Hill:

Ex-RNC chair: Trump will be nominee
    Former Republican National Committee Chairman Michael Steele said Friday he thinks Donald Trump will be the Republican nominee for president.

“I’m gonna say this and I know people are going to scratch their heads and go ‘what?’ but I don’t think he can [be stopped],” Steele said on 1210 WPHT in an interview posted by BuzzFeed News. “That window has closed and I think Donald Trump effectively closed it over the last couple of months.

“You tell me who stops him and when do they do it,” he added, noting Trump’s strong positions in the polls.

“I don’t see how that momentum gets stopped right now,” he added. “I don’t know who breaks it. Come on, you’ve had eight months. You’ve had eight months to take him down.”

Steele said Trump’s performance in the debate Thursday night showed his growth as a candidate.

“You can see the maturity,” he said, adding that Trump was likely thinking that he wanted to “demonstrate to people that I can be president.”

“I think he showed a little bit of that last night,” Steele said.

19. JustSomeInputFromAz says:

Well this is much ado about nothing. A few groan’s at the 44:44 mark and we get the Breitbart headline “South Carolina: Trump Booed at Tea Party Convention for Attack on Cruz Goldman Sachs Loan” and 15.8k comments.

20. Bull Durham says:

Eric Trump interview by Judge Janine on Fox. You must see this. Not yet posted on

Eric details his upbringing and what his father’s rules for the children were.
    Speaks of his father’s endless energy, little need of sleep, reading and researching habits.

I’ve said it before. You can judge a man by his children.

Must see this. Janine has known him since a little boy, so her perspective is over decades.

If I see a link to a video I’ll post it, or if anyone else sees it, do it, please. This is awesome.

Authentic and amazing.

21. R-C says:

Two observations on this speech:

First, when Mr. Trump was discussing the generals we need, versus the ones we have, he spoke about the best officers not rising to the top. (An honorably retired paratroop leader talking here): “Absolutely TRUE. Today’s Army advances PC careerists. It is hemhorrhaging its best leaders, and in many cases, actually forcing its best leaders out of the Army. In short, today’s Army does not want warriors, it wants corporate drones in charge. The NCO Corps does likewise: the best sergeants; those with much, much higher potential, languish, wither and fade away, rather than being selected for advancement in a ‘secret’ promotion system that favors toady sergeants and butt-kissers. It is what it is, and Mr. Trump is correct, again, as usual.”

Second, I liked Mr. Trump’s comments later on: “We’re going to have spirit in this country again; ‘pizzazz’.” (Or words to that effect; I’m paraphrasing.) This is absolutely CRUCIAL to me–we need to be a nation thrumming along in a fever pitch; proud of ourselves and what we can accomplish when our danged government gets out of our way and lets us live to our potential!

• Exactly right R-C. I work for a major bank where my screen-saver bombards me with PC and diversity propaganda 24/7.

• Jack Long says:

Going along with what you say, what I remember the most from working as a civilian on a military base was how much their current CO affected the state of mind of my friends.

Even really sharp, optimistic people would lose their edge and just become miserable under an a__hole CO. Whenever the bad CO rotated out and they got a competent CO they would bounce right back to their positive outlook.

It must be nowadays that the effective people never get out from under the yoke of a bad CO. It’s just a complete waste of talent in the levels where most of the real work gets done.

• R-C says:

Very astute observation, and very accurate as well. A bad commander is poison to a military unit. Everything ‘flows’ from the commander. Much different than in a civilian company, when you can go home at the end of the day. In a military unit, the young troops’ “daily commute” most often consists of swinging their feet from bed to the floor. It is an all-encompassing environment, and a bad CO ruins morale, which ruins effectiveness.

22. irvingtwosmokes says:

23. NHVoter says:

24. Regina says:

De Blasio tells New Yorkers not to donate to ‘hypocritical’ Cruz

Mayor de Blasio slammed Sen. Ted Cruz on Sunday, calling on New Yorkers to forego donations to the Canadian-born GOP presidential contender with a contempt for “New York values.”

“There’s no reason any New Yorker should be helping him with money so he can insult us,” de Blasio said on John Catsimatidis’ morning radio show.

Hizzoner described Cruz’s recent critique of Donald Trump’s “New York values” as “hypocritical” and “disgusting” given all the fundraising the Republican does in the Empire State.

“He is very happy to come here and raise money,” de Blasio said. “He’ll take New York’s money. He’ll take big loans from Goldman Sachs and then he turns around and attacks the people of New York.”

De Blasio even gave a rare nod to Trump, a political foil he’s tangled several times since the billionaire joined the GOP primary race.

“I don’t likely say I agree with Donald, but Donald Trump in this case, I thought he characterized it exactly right, that the same city that withstood the terrorist attacks of 9/11 and rebuilt and showed such strength and such grace, we deserve respect from somebody who says he wants to be president of the United States.”

25. carolmcd says:

I’m glad I watched this speech because the reporters who commented on Twitter about it just mentioned the boos, and that some guy got up and shook his finger at Trump. The vast majority there were happy.

26. Ivyredneck says:

The truth is that the tea party has failed. After helping to fill Congress with its candidates, Congress has ignored all the words spilled to woo tea party support and betrayed them. The lesson is simple; words don’t matter and money does. Tea party candidates can get nowhere without big donors who then call the shots. Many tea partiers still haven’t figured this out and vet their picks based on what they say, not how they are going to pay for their campaign.

27. justfactsplz says:

I am glad this video exists to prove the liars wrong about what and who was being booed. I wonder what Gov. Haley thinks of Trump’s standing ovation by her fellow South Carolinians.

28. NHVoter says:

These people are delusional. It’s sad.

29. KyIndependentVoter says:

KyIndependentVoter: Trump is the only Republucan candidate who is qualified to be President; He has the energy, the temperament and the “guts” to say what he thinks and will follow through with his plans to turn our country around. This is the most critical election year coming up, and we need to get behind Donald J Trump, encourage others to vote, and take our country back. Get rid of the rhinos and have term limits for Senators and Congress, and the Supreme Court. And pray that Hillary never, ever has the chance to enter the White House again. The scandals are overrunning this current administration, and no one does anything! It is a disgrace if an indictment is not forthcoming for Benghazii, and the coverup revealed to the American people!