Tonight’s Donald Trump rally in Burlington Vermont (we will live stream at 6:30pm for event beginning 7:00pm) has all the makings of a doozy political event.  Burlington Vermont is ground-zero for Democrat Bernie Sanders and both Trump supporters and Bernie’s political protesters have plans on attendance.

VT trump crowd

In essence Trump is quite popular and viewed very favorably by the general citizenry of Vermont.  However, the professional political apparatus in/around government enterprise is quite hostile (openly so) toward the Trump campaign.  Yes, Trump is walking in to Mordor to show his supporters what fearless campaigning looks like in person….

BURLINGTON, Vt. — Hours before Donald J. Trump was set to hold a rally in the Flynn Center here, a crowd of supporters, hecklers and curious observers braved freezing temperatures to get a glimpse of the Republican presidential candidate who dared to set foot on the traditionally liberal turf of Senator Bernie Sanders.

Wearing “Make America Great Again” hats and hoodies, dozens of people — some of whom had arrived as early as 4:30 a.m. — snaked around the block along Burlington’s Main Street in the hope of getting one of the theater’s 1,400 seats. The Trump campaign distributed more than 20,000 tickets to the event, sending the theater’s administrators and the local police department into a frenzy on how to handle the huge overflow.

Those bundled up outside just wanted to see the billionaire businessman in the flesh. Surprisingly, some were fans of both Mr. Trump and Mr. Sanders, the Vermont senator seeking the Democratic nomination, and were trying to decide which one to back.

“I think he’s smart, and he has the best chance of winning support and maybe flipping the state,” Daniel Nadeau, 22, of St. Albans, Vt., said of Mr. Trump. “Bernie is my No. 1 choice, and Trump is No. 2. They’re not that different.”

Voters who were on the fence between the seemingly polar-opposite candidates said that both communicated well with working-class people and made strong cases for how they would boost the economy, despite their differing policy ideas.  (read more)

Trump flag

trump hats etc 2

This entry was posted in Donald Trump, Election 2016. Bookmark the permalink.

180 Responses to Lines Began at 4:30am Today For Donald Trump Rally Tonight In Burlington Vermont…

1. myopiafree says:

Donald has a lot of courage and personal honesty. People like that in a man.

2. stringy theory says:

I suppose the media will tell us they’re democrats and here just to see a rock star, not because they support him politically. I guess the people are also lying to pollsters all over the place siince Trump seems to be sailing along. Druge: REUTERS ROLLING: TRUMP 41.7%, CRUZ 13.7%, CARSON 10.6%, RUBIO 8.2%… MORE…

3. 9j1d8 says:

Don’t know if this has been posted but TheHill has an article up stating Bernie Socialist supporters plan to reserve tickets to tonight’s event in Vermont to “sabotage” Trump’s rally.

Actual quote from a supporter in the article: “No, I have not converted to a racist bigot,” one Sanders supporter wrote. “I am just assuring that there are going to be two empty seats.”

Link: http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/265041-sanders-fans-plot-sabotage-of-trump-event

#TRUMP2016

(cross posted from today’s Presidential thread)

4. Rene says:

I have believed all along that many Bernie supporters will eventually back Trump. Have family members that are now backing Bernie and they are not happy with Hillarys attacks. I can not see them voting for her.

• 9j1d8 says:

I’m not convinced of this, yet. I have a friend who is a Bernie supporter and he will vote for Hillary over Trump.

• TheFenian says:

Agree 9j – people either support a communist throwback or are revolted and shocked by him. There is no “deciding” between he & Trump. They very idea is absurd.
        And just so we are perfectly clear folks, Sanders is a hardline communist, an adherent to a failed, discredited ideology that was left on the garbage pile of history 25 years ago.
        It is embarrassing to think that 10 of millions of shocked eastern Europeans are watching, mouths agape, that a communist has such strong support in the very nation that inspired them to rise up and grasp freedom.

• Malatrope says:

You can add “murderous, mind-numbing, soul-stealing ideology” to that list.

• 9j1d8 says:

Make no mistake about it the supporters on the left are head over heels thinking they are merely 11 months away from their utopia and they will only get more vehement as election day nears. I know from experience dealing with my friend mentioned above that he is getting more absurd in his claims and more emboldened by the rhetoric coming from the left. Stay strong and stead fast in knowing there are many out there like us. We will win this election and Make America Great Again!

#tTRUMP2016

• Rebel Mope says:

Not so fast there, Fenian. In 2004, when Obama was running for his first term as Senator and GW Bush was running for re-election, 1 million people in Illinois voted for both of them.

• KBR says:

Maybe people will begin to realize that this election is really about one question:
        Do you want the USA to remain a country or do you want the USA to cease to exist as a nation?
        In a nutshell: this election is really not democrat vs republican, its nationals vs globalists.

The strong man for people who want the USA to survive is Donald Trump.

Not one single other issue will matter if we don’t have a country anymore.

• 9j1d8 says:

^^^ This. Right Here. ^^^ Do we continue as a free sovereign people United by our Exceptionalisim or do we succumb to the global governance of a few elite bureaucrats?

#TRUMP2016

• Ketch says:

Way to break it down to the bottom line. Trump is the only one who will walk this country off the ledge. TRUMP 2016!

• jackphatz says:

These Millennials are the least educated on domestic and international past, present and future realities. They think they got it but they don’t. To many, Trump is a racist and a sexist, the SJWism in them is all the proof they need. It will be a straight up hill battle with these “folk’s”. Bernie is the “White magic man” with the free stuff, Obama was the “Black Magic Man” with the free stuff. Trump is the leader who will bring America’s best back. Trump won’t be handing out trophies.

• Paula says:

I just talked a Bernie supporter into voting for Trump. We were discussing what’s going on in Germany and how those animals believe they can abuse German men’s women. We agreed it was b/c they stood by and allowed Merkel to invite the the enemy into their country. It is a HUGE sign of weakness and they believe they are entitled to their “war booty” and will humiliate German men by abusing their women. I told him the only thing we can do is get behind Trump b/c he’s the only one who is willing to stick his neck out to protect the women ( and men) in this country by securing the border and ending the influx of “refugees” coming to this country.

He agreed and said he would vote for Trump!!!

5. mad3703 says:

He is a FIGHTER! Love this man! So tired of hearing all of our supposedly great conservative commentators today. They are so entrenched in their bias they can’t see that the American public understands that their heroes can’t win. This is called making a statement!

• Tampa2 says:

Showin’ your age, Doodah. Right on, in the groove, square root!

• Wendy Forward says:

I’m an old 60’s fart too and love me my R. Crumb!

• NannyG says:

Same here.
          But after I watched a movie about his life and learned what a sick man he was (in so many respects) I lost my affection for his art.
          What a totally weird man he was!
          But he did support a totally agoraphobic, hoarder brother, so that’s in his favor.
          Now, was he any weirder than those dump Bernie supporters who have no clue about what 1st come, 1st served really means, I doubt it.

• I saw that movie too-actually, Bob has been happily married to Ailene, his second wife, for many years. They have two kids and live quietly in the South of France. I like the way Bob used his weirdness in his art. He’s an incredible artist (IMHO) and has always worked hard, never subscribed to the hippy handout ethic. That said, I didn’t care for the emphasis on his obsessions with large women, etc. in the movie. Other than that I thought it was great.

• Doodahdaze says:

Like the Doo Dah Man.

• Reality Wins says:

Just before I saw this the Grateful Dead’s Truckin song was going through my head with alternate ‘Keep Trumpin’ lyrics instead!

• ZurichMike says:

OMG. That takes me back.

6. georgiafl says:

As we say in the South, ‘There’s some mighty big mean lookin’ bubbas’ in those Trump Shirts. If I were those wussie leftist drugged up Bernie boys, I would not be messing with them.

I bet among the 5 (one is nearly off camera) is nearly 1300 lbs. of muscle, bone and well-trained fists.

7. stringy theory says:

“Bernie is my No. 1 choice, and Trump is No. 2. They’re not that different.” What planet has this Vermonter been living on. Trump and Sanders are 100% polar opposites. Good grief.

• Bluto says:

Bernie supporters aren’t ashamed of wearing their idiocy like a badge.

• Sam says:

He meant Trump and Bernie are not corrupt and will work for the people. Trump believe in free trade and controlling the spigot on what’s coming in and let the free market work itself and Bernie believe in more government control of of social services and wages. Like free colleges and $15 minimum wage which I think is stupid.

I believe Bernie have the right mindset but his thinking is flawed and more like free stuff. Bernie also doesn’t have what it take to push back against wallstreet and root out the corruptions in DC. When ask in morning joe he gave a soft answer after many attempts.

• Katherine McCoun says:

Both are the anti est. vote of the party in which they r running. While in many ways a very ignorant statement/assessment this shows what the criteria some r using to judge the candidates. Some r not judging on issues and political platforms but on character and sincerity. While Sanders if far different in position on issues from me I don’t think I have ever heard his character questioned. As far as how the gen. Public is judging the two may indeed be similar.

• amjean says:

Bernie is a communist.

• KBR says:

I think he means to say that he isn’t going to vote for Hillary if she’s the dem nominee.
      The thing that isn’t different is just that both are viewed as “outsiders” to an extent: Trump is not a traditional GOPe politician, and Bernie is not so much a traditional democrat as he is a communist/socialist.

Both have appeal to the working class: unfortunately for Bernie, his financial ideas don’t have the backing of Trump’s highly successful & experienced business model. Bernie is not a pragmatic & practical guy, he is more an idea guy.

Trump has great ideas but he has a long tested reputation for making them realities in very practical ways.

The people who are deciding between the two might consider which is realistically going to help the USA both short and long range, and which is going to harm the USA in the long range by promising too much now and thus bankrupting the USA in the long range.

Working men have or will have families to support, and that means they will want their kids to have something left for them when they grow up.

• BangZoon! says:

He was a 22 year old kid. So I would cut him some slack. At least he knows the system is corrupt. Sanders isn’t going to beat Hillary so the kid will be a Trump voter.

• You’ve got a point I wasn’t the conservative I am now or even close at that age. I’m hoping my fellow Trump supporters in VT will rise above and speak to some of the Bernie fans who aren’t educated about Trump and help them see the light. I’ve managed to do that with a couple. They need to understand that social issues are fine to support if you feel strongly but they should never supercede protecting the values and foundations of this great country. Without that you won’t have a country to debate those other rights.

• don welch says:

well……i think trump is bouncing a bit. i like him and i think he is the man of the moment. hell i like him just ’cause he stood up to megan kelly if nothing else but i am not blind to his liberal past. trump 2016.

• Doodahdaze says:

He is an honest communist.

• nhtrumpster says:

Dinner’s coming up. Kelp salad. Prime Rib. Hmmmm. Prime Rib. Kelp salad. Decisions. Decisions. What to do!

• annieoakley says:

I think Vermonters are a special breed of dumb and I do know a few.

8. NHVoter says:

Good for Trump for campaigning in Vermont. I used to live there – beautiful state. Burlington is a cool little city. There are more hardworking conservatives in VT than you think. Unfortunately the moonbats have taken over. I would love to see Trump do well in the VT primary just to kick the Bernie crowd in the teeth.

• Melania for 1st Lady says:

I was a Vermonter in a former life. Such a beautiful state – the Green Mtns., the forests, the quaint little New England villages, the covered bridges on country roads spanning clear streams, the leaves in Fall, the sap buckets hanging on the maple trees in Winter….now over-run with socks-and-sandals granola munching gray ponytail types. Sigh. And Burlington is probably the worst of the worst. Hats off to the Trump man, not afraid to go deep into the lion’s den and fight the enemy on their home turf. He’s a fighter with heart, with brains, with gigantic balls – exactly what America desperately needs.

• nhtrumpster says:

Driving from NH to Lake Placid last week through some beautiful farmland in western VT, we saw a YUUUGE Trump sign way out in a YUUUGE open field. That was great! Sure enough, we then found out he’s going to Burlington. NO STATE IS SAFE! Oh Dear God, thank-you for this very entertaining campaign and the great hope it represents.

9. saywhat64 says:

Gee, all those people who the GOPe said won’t spend 5 minutes to vote have been lined up in sub freezing temperatures since 4 AM….Hahahaha

10. Kristin says:

How many seats for the Bernie venue? Is it comparable to Trumps?

• stringy theory says:

One report I saw said 1,700 seats and Trump has issued 20,000 tickets. They might have a riot at the door trying to get in. I love it.

11. Sentient says:

Trump should point out that Hillary is a warmonger who voted for the Iraq War, pushed to depose Gaddafi (and turned Libya over to ISIS in the process) and now wants to depose Assad (and turn Syria over to ISIS). He should strike a deal with any Bernie supporters: “If Bernie gets the nomination, vote for Bernie – but just promise me that you’ll never vote for Hillary because she’s too much of a warmonger.”

12. stringy theory says:

Burlington’s Main St. blocked off as Trump crowd swells. At 3:50 P.M. a line of people waiting to get into the Flynn Center for Trump’s rally stretched down St. Paul Street and around the corner of Maple Street as the door-opening neared Thursday. On Main Street, picketers gathered across the street from the Flynn Center, including husband and wife Harry and Kathleen Laughy, 30-year residents of Fairfax. The two held signs that said “It’s time for Trump” and “Trump before it’s too late.” Harry Laughy said he and his wife do not have tickets to the event, but felt compelled to come to Burlington and show support for Trump on Thursday. “America’s a business and needs a businessman with experience,” Harry Laughy said. “Donald Trump makes me proud to be an American.” He added, “The United States of America is a business that’s been run terribly for years and years and decades and decades. It needs somebody who knows how to do this. He’s not beholden to any special interests, and he’ll be the first president we’ve ever had sitting in the Oval Office who doesn’t owe anyone a favor by getting there.” More here: http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/story/news/2016/01/07/trump-campaign-lumbers-into-vermont/78375274/

13. cohibadad says:

Another brilliant move by Trump. CNN does a story saying Trump sent out 20k invites but there are only 1400 seats!!! Like he is so mean. So they show a line of people stretching around the block to show how mean he is, making people line up in the cold! But the crowd says the cold is nothing and CNN ends up just showing how many people actually come to see Trump live.

• TheFenian says:

This is the town that the hardline communist throwback Sanders was the mayor of.

Tonight the town’s people will see a conservative, patriotic Trump Army of over TEN THOUSAND standing in the street. Message delivered. Trump is awesome.

• cohibadad says:

Trump is in the heart of the enemy and they are popping up like whack-a-moles and he loves it. What a guy.

• jello333 says:

What is the deal? 🙂 I just gotta laugh when I hear people calling Sanders a “commie”, especially “hardline”. I mean, whether you love him or hate him, it’s kinda hard to mistake him for an actual communist. Actually he’s not even a real socialist, at least not compared to European-style. I’ve heard many people from Europe, some of them themselves socialist, who joke about Bernie calling himself that. The only thing socialist about him is that he’s wanting to push some of the semi-socialist programs ALREADY in place in this country even further.

Please don’t think I’m trying to start an argument… like I said, I just find this kinda weird. 😉 And of course as you know, I’m 100% a Trump supporter.

14. Trust No One says:

He should send a truck, cart something out there with free coffee, tea and hot chocolate for people in line. lol. Would be great to show his appreciation. Yeah, even give the Bernie kooks a cup.

• 9j1d8 says:

That’ actually a brilliant PR idea!

• stringy theory says:

I second your emotion. That is a brilliant idea but the logistics might be a bit tricky this late in the game.

• Trust No One says:

Yes, I know too late. Just thought would be a great move especially at this rally.
          Maybe next time. 😀

• TheFenian says:

NO ! It’s a HORRIBLE idea. No Free Stuff !
          Suppose a bright and enterprising teenager shows up SELLING hot chocolate ? Is he supposed to comepete with free ?

Trump supporters DO NOT NEED FREE STUFF.

Trump supporters DO NOT WANT FREE STUFF.

Giving out FREE hot chocolate would be the worst campaign move in the history of politics. Sheesh.

If it’s too cold, the precious ones should go home. This is not a revolution of sunshine patriots. WE ARE WINTER SOLDIERS.

• amjean says:

Some young people should get a
            hot chocolate and coffee stand going.
            Show their economic spirt and make a few bucks.

• Mr.Right says:

You have a narrow view of capitalism, I think you need to re-evaluate your thinking.

For a local business, having the authorization to do this would be a great marketing opportunity.

People might find the wait more enjoyable, and the local business gets to reach one on one, potentially, a thousand local customers.

And poopy pants like you can always refuse…

• jello333 says:

Okay, I hope you’re joking. I’m a Trump supporter, and if I was in that line I’d VERY MUCH appreciate a free hot drink or something. Oh yeah, I’d probably PAY for one if it wasn’t free… but I would VERY MUCH appreciate the compassion shown by the Trump campaign for just handing them out. And I highly doubt I’d be the only one. 😉 We shouldn’t support hardcore take-no-prisoners capitalism any more than we should support full-on socialism. Occasionally helping others, and handing out “free stuff” is not necessarily evil.

15. yohio says:

Not good news here in Ohio, I live just outside of lorain. Republic Steel to idle whole plant layoff 200 people. Said slow manufacturing, plus market flooded with cheap foreign steel. This not good here but may help Trump with votes.

16. don welch says:

today rush pounded trump for three hrs. he likes cruz for sure.

17. springstreet says:

First – It’s not Bernie’s turf … he moved here from Queens. Second – Bernie is a moron … but an honest one (so from just the honesty angle, he is like Trump). Third – The Flynn holds 1,400 people … so it can’t be as big a rally as Donald usually has. Fourth – no one knows what percentage of Vermont Republicans support Donald Trump … if it turns out to be s a majority, then Donald has one more of the 8 states he needs for nomination. And finally – we haven’t seen a Republican Presidential candidate since George Bush did a private fundraiser at Sugarbush … thank you Donald Trump!

18. The Boss says:

Some waiting since 4:30 AM!!!! Had to be around 20F then. Which other candidate of either party creates that level of excitement and commitment?

19. Jack-in-the-box says:

I’m definitely watching this rally live. The Bernie Sanders headquarters is right across the street from the venue. They’ll be lots of supporters outside because of the overflow, they will probably outnumber the leftists.

Here’s a special the sandwich shop next door to the venue is selling today.

20. IMO says:

Trump Jr.: My father is saying things that need to be said | Fox News Video

Trump Jr a real chip off the old block and handsome to boot.

21. sundance says:

• Buck Weaver says:

I watched the entire 8 minutes that it took the guy to film the line from start to finish. That many people standing for that long in those conditions is just jaw dropping. If that doesn’t send a loud message to the world, nothing will. They say that Republicans never take to the streets in protest the way Democrats do. The silent majority is coming out of the woodwork in protest of the establishment. Even if 80% of them don’t get into the rally, they have still made a remarkable impact in this movement. Just wow!

22. Jack-in-the-box says:

Gotta love the way Trump is taking it right to the belly of the beast.

23. Renee Blythe says:

Trump is the man. He had a huge turnout in Liberal Massachusetts earlier this week andthe crowd was on fire! Remember to register Republican in your state and vote for Donald J Trump in the primary election!! Do your part! GO TRUMP!!

24. Ann Warren says:

With Black Lives Matter and Bureau of Land Management both sporting the same initials, and protestors maybe its time to differeniate between the two, e.g. “Oregon BLM protestors” or “Soros BLM protestors”.

25. H Hutto says:

Yeah, I am trying to imagine a Bernie rally in Mobile Al on a hot muggy August afternoon, with rain in the forecast. Oh, and in an open air stadium. Just how many do you think he could get?? Trump could only get 35,000.
    Fellow Vulgarians, get your Red Hats on and lets be seen and heard this go round. TRUMP 2016!

26. Doug says:

A little off topic but still something relevant to Mr Trump. I have a large tumblr page that I have been using for quite some time that related to real estate development and have quite a few followers. Recently, tumblr has started running post all over my page from other tumblr pages that are completely unrelated to my pages topic. This has really started to annoy me, especially since almost 50% of the topics tend to be extremely liberal political crap. I keep trying to remove them but the next day the same types of messages show up. Thankfully though, if you visit the site from a cellphone they spare you these posts so its only for desktop browsers. Anyways, I noticed two days ago a post and I will quote it directly: “you see Donald Trump in the street getting jumped by 38 people: Do you : A) become the 39th? or B ) Call the police.” And the poll results were like 90 percent choice A!!! I was really disgusted by the content of this post and the clearly extremist political views coming out of the tumblr community. So i reported the post which kept showing up on my feed to Tumblr exclaiming that this is unacceptable to be promoting on pages this kind of hate. I said they wouldn’t tolerate people saying that about Hillary or Bernie Sanders so why are we tolerating this kind of violence geared toward Donald Trump? I dont want such an ugly post promoted on my page and why Tumblr as a site was promoting this type of blog confounded me. People are of course entitled to free speech(although this gets awfully close to calling for harm to someone) but that doesn’t excuse Tumblr promoting it. I did get a response from Tumblr and they said they will remove the subject page from being reposted on other sites. So that made me happy to hear they will at least address it, because whether one likes any of the candidates or not that kind of promotion of violence against any candidate is in such poor taste and I was offended by it. The double standards that come from the far left are such a turnoff for me these days. Anyways, Sorry for the long rant guys but this really got to me. Last thing I want to do is allow my hard work to be used to promote far left ideals and this one post really went too far In my opinion. Im considering moving to a new platform because of the far left views being forced down my pages throat.

27. shiloh1973 says:

I think what he is doing is showing that there is o such thing as Red State/Blue State. Donald J. Trump is for all of the United States of America!

28. Do you believe in Donald Trump for President? Show your support for Trump For President! Wear the T.shirts with pride TRUMP MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!
    Order here >>> https://teespring.com/donaldtrump2016new
    100% Printed in the U.S.A – Ship Worldwide
    Not available in store. Click “GREEN BUY BUTTON” for easy ordering. Satisfaction Guaranteed. MC/VISA/PAYPAL ACCEPTED

29. Vince says:

Bernie Sanders is a corrupt official who has let his own people suffer. He allows corruption in his own government while touting against political corruption. http://www.justice4vinnie.com tells the true story of political corruption that Bernie Sanders allows. The following is page 87 from the site. Read for yourself what he allows to happen at the expense of his own people…

“ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY!”

ON AUGUST 17, 2008 MY SON, VINCENT TAMBURELLO JR. WAS BRUTALLY MURDERED, SLAUGHTERED BY 5 MEN, KYLE BOLASKI, COREY BOLASKI, TRISTAN BLANCHARD, JERRY UCCI AND TIMOTHY ARBUCKLE. FOR 7 YEARS THEY HAVE BEEN PROTECTED BY ATTORNEY GENERAL WILLIAM SORRELL. AND NOW IT’S TIME FOR SORRELL TO TELL THE TRUTH! HE MUST NOW ANSWER FOR HIS ACTIONS…

FOR 7 YEARS HE’S HIDDEN, COWERED BEHIND THE SHIELD OF HIS OFFICE. DECEIVING THE PEOPLE, VIOLATING THE LAWS HE’S SWORN TO UPHOLD. BUT HE CAN’T HIDE ANY LONGER. WHAT HE’S DONE TO VINNIE, MY FAMILY AND TO THE PEOPLE OF VERMONT IN ORDER TO PROTECT BOLASKI AND HIS ACCOMPLICES IS UNCONSCIONABLE! HIS REFUSAL TO ANSWER IS AN ADMISSION OF GUILT.

CONSIDER THESE FACTS.THE TRUTH ABOUT THE MISDEEDS OF ATTORNEY GENERAL SORRELL:

MISUSE OF TAXPAYER FUNDS

CLOSE TO $1,000,000 OF TAXPAYERS MONEY HAS BEEN SPENT SO FAR TO PROTECT KYLE BOLASKI, HIS ACCOMPLICES AND ON THE ENSUING COVER UP! HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS MORE ARE GOING TO BE SPENT! ALL AT THE EXPENSE OF THE VERMONT TAXPAYER!

IN 2008 VERMONT’S UNEMPLOYMENT WAS AT AN ALL TIME HIGH, OVER 7%! THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE WERE OUT OF WORK AND HUNGRY. PEOPLE WERE LOSING THEIR HOMES, THEIR LAND! BUSINESSES WERE CLOSING AT AN ALARMING RATE! GOVERNMENT SERVICES WERE BEING CUT! SO WHAT DOES SORRELL DO…?

ROBERT SAND AND ATTORNEY GENERAL SORRELL SPEND HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS TO FALSIFY A GRAND JURY! NEVER BEFORE HAD THEY EVER HELD A GRAND JURY FOR A MURDER CASE! AND MAKE NO MISTAKE ABOUT IT SORRELL WAS THE DRIVING FORCE BEHIND THIS! THIS IS CONFIRMED BY ROBERT SAND WHO HAS IMPLICATED SORRELL IN NUMEROUS CONVERSATIONS, ON TAPE AND IN E-MAILS! AND IN A MEETING WITH ASST. AG CINDY MAGUIRE SHE CONFIRMED THIS!

YET AT THE WORST ECONOMIC TIME FOR VERMONT, WITHOUT A SHRED OF CONCERN FOR THE CITIZENS THAT WERE OUT OF WORK AND LOSING THEIR HOMES, SORRELL AND SAND MISUSED TAXPAYER FUNDS TO RIG A GRAND JURY! TO PROTECT THE MURDERERS OF MY SON, ADMITTED DRUG DEALERS THEY FALSIFIED A GRAND JURY USING HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS OF MUCH NEEDED TAXPAYERS MONEY!

NOT ONCE HAS SORRELL DENIED ANY OF THIS! HE HAS NEVER SPOKEN UP TO SAY THAT THE GRAND JURY WAS LEGITIMATE. QUITE THE CONTRARY HE’S ACTUALLY DENIED TALKING TO ROBERT SAND ABOUT THIS CASE. STABBED HIM IN THE BACK BECAUSE HE KNOWS THE GRAND JURY WAS RIGGED! FOR 6 YEARS HE HAS HIDDEN BEHIND HIS SHIELD OF OFFICE! COWARDLY LETTNG ROBERT SAND TAKE ALL OF THE BLAME!

CINDY MAGUIRE, IN A MEETING WITH US AT THEIR OFFICE WITH MY WIFE AND I, APPELLATE PROSECUTOR DAVID TROTTER AND AMY ADVOCATE, VEHEMENTLY DENIED THAT THEY HAD EVER SPOKEN TO ROBERT SAND ABOUT THIS CASE ATALL. LAYING ALL OF THE BLAME SQUARELY ON ROBERT SAND!

THEN, WHEN I TOLD HER ROBERT SAND IMPLICATED THEM, AND THAT I HAD THE PROOF, ON TAPE AND IN E-MAILS CINDY MAGUIRE ADMITTED THAT SHE LIED! SHE THEN STOPPED ALL FURTHER CONTACT WITH US!

HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS, MUCH NEEDED MONEY THAT COULD HAVE BEEN USED TO PUT PEOPLE TO WORK, FEED THEIR CHILDREN AND SAVE BUSINESSES WERE INSTEAD USED TO PROTECT MURDERERS FROM JUSTICE! TO COVER UP THE CORRUPTION OF ATTORNEY GENERAL SORREL AND ROBERT SAND! AND THAT WAS JUST THE BEGINNING…

IF SORRELL HAD DONE THE HONORABLE, RIGHT THING AT THE BEGINNING AND PROSECUTED THIS CASE AS HE SHOULD HAVE, WITHOUT DECEPTION, THEN THIS WOULD HAVE BEEN OVER YEARS AGO WITHOUT THE ADDED EXPENSES THAT HE HAS CAUSED WITH HIS TREACHERY AND 5 MURDERERS WOULD HAVE BEEN IN JAIL. BUT BECAUSE SORRELL’S PLAN HAD GONE TERRIBLY WRONG HE NOW HAD TO SHIFT COURSE INTO COVERUP MODE. BUT IT WOULD COME AT A TERRIBLE PRICE TO THE CITIZENS OF VERMONT:

*7 YEARS OF MOTIONS AND HEARINGS WOULD AMOUNT TO UNNECESSARILY SPENDING HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS! TAXPAYER DOLLARS!

*DEFENSE ATTORNEY FEES WERE NOW TRIPLED INTO HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS! PAID FOR WITH TAXPAYER DOLLARS

DUE TO HIS CORRUPTION ROBERT SAND WAS THROWN OFF THE CASE AND STATE PROSECUTOR JOHN LAVOIE HAS HAD TO TRAVEL OVER A HUNDRED MILES EACH WAY TO EACH MOTION, HEARING AND A TRIAL, AND BEING PUT UP AT A HOTEL WHICH HAS COST THE TAXPAYER TENS OF THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS UNNECESSARILY.

*THE EXTRA TIME NEEDED BY CLERKS, COURT OFFICERS, COURT PERSONNEL, EXTRA SECURITY, HAS AMOUNTED TO TENS OF THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS IN EXTRA TAXPAYER MONEY SPENT!

*HIS PEOPLE STILL SUFFER, THOUSANDS ARE STILL OUT OF WORK, LOSING THEIR HOMES, THEIR BUSINESSES! MUCH NEEDED PUBLIC SERVICES ARE BEING CUT, BUT NONE OF THAT MATTERS TO SORRELL! HIS PEOPLE DON’T MATTER TO HIM! THE LAWS DON’T MATTER TO HIM. THE ONLY THING THAT MATTERS TO SORRELL IS THAT THE TRUTH DOESN’T COME OUT! AND HE WILL SACRIFICE THE PEOPLE OF VERMONT TO MAKE SURE THAT DOESN’T HAPPEN!

WHAT SORRELL DIDN’T COUNT ON WAS THAT THE TRUTH DID COME OUT THANKS TO THE COURAGE OF THE WITNESSES WHO CAME FORWARD WITH THE TRUTH! AND OF THE BRAVE JURORS WHO DEMANDED JUSTICE TO GET TO THE TRUTH! AND IN DOING SO BROUGHT OUT THE TRUTH ABOUT SAND AND SORRELL AND THEIR CRIMINAL ACTS!

BUT SORRELL COULD NOT LET THIS HAPPEN! IF BOLASKI AND THE OTHERS GO TO JAIL THEN THEY WILL TELL THE TRUTH ABOUT HOW THEY WERE INSTRUCTED TO LIE! SO BOLASKI WILL GET A NEW TRIAL BUT ONCE AGAIN AT A TERRIBLE COST TO THE TAXPAYERS OF VERMONT…

*NOW THAT BOLASKI HAS BEEN GRANTED A NEW TRIAL, THANKS TO THE INFLUENCE OF ATTORNEY GENERAL SORRELL, HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS MORE OF TAXPAYERS MONEY ARE GOING TO BE SPENT:

*MORE MOTIONS AND HEARINGS AND ANOTHER TRIAL WILL COST SEVERAL HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS MORE! IN THE MEANTIME MORE PEOPLE WILL LOSE THEIR HOMES, THEIR JOBS, MORE SERVICES WILL BE CUT AND CHILDREN WILL GO HUNGRY THANKS TO ATTORNEY GENERAL WILLIAM SORRELL!

*THE NEW STATE’S ATTORNEY WHO TOOK SAND’S PLACE HAS REFUSED TO TAKE THIS CASE BECAUSE “IT’S TOO POLITICAL!”. SINCE WHEN HAS IT BECOME POLITICAL TO PROSECUTE MURDERERS? WHY WOULD POLITICS ENTER IN TO THIS CASE AT ALL? TO HIDE CORRUPTION IN GOVERNMENT, PROTECT CORRUPT OFFICIALS! THIS WILL COST TENS OF THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS IN UNNECESSARY COSTS!

AND IN ONE OF THEIR WORST EXAMPLES YET OF THEIR EFFORTS TO PROTECT BOLASKI AT THE TAXPAYERS EXPENSE,,,

*AT THE REQUEST OF THE ATTORNEY GENERALS OFFICE ANOTHER HIGH PRICED DEFENSE FIRM HAS NOW BEEN ADDED TO DEFEND BOLASKI! HE NOW HAS TWO HIGH PRICED DEFENSE FIRMS WHICH WILL COST THE TAXPAYERS HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS IN ATTORNEY’S FEES!!

“YET PROSECUTOR JOHN LAVOIE’S BUDGET FOR THIS CASE HAS BEEN CUT AND HE MUST HANDLE THIS CASE ALONE!” THEY ARE DOING EVERYTHING THEY CAN TO PROTECT BOLASKI, AT THE EXPENSE OF THE CITIZENS OF VERMONT!

THIS IS A DISGRACE!!

ATTORNEY GENERAL SORREL HAS MADE THOSE IN THE VERMONT JUSTICE SYSTEM COMPROMISE THEIR OWN INTEGRITY TO HIDE THE WRONG THAT HE HAS DONE. NOTHING OR NO ONE MATTERS TO SORRELL EXCEPT SORRELL!

HE’S VIOLATED THE TRUST OF THE PEOPLE, TURNED ON THEM FOR HIS OWN SELFISH NEEDS. HE’S EVEN TURNED ON HIS OWN PEOPLE IN THE JUSTICE SYSTEM. JUDGES, PROSECUTORS, LAW OFFICERS, EVEN CLERKS HAVE BEEN TURNED ON AND BETRAYED. NONE OF THEM MEAN ANYTHING TO SORRELL! HE HAS FORCED THEM TO LIE FOR HIM! FORCED THEM TO COMPROMISE THEIR PRINCIPLES, FORCED THEM INTO DISHONOR AND SHAME!

CONSIDER THESE FACTS OF THOSE SORRELL HAS TURNED ON, WHOSE TRUST HE HAS BETRAYED, WHOSE CAREERS HE HAS SULLIED AND THOSE HE MADE TO VIOLATE THEIR OATHS IN ORDER TO HIDE HIS EVIL DEEDS…

ROBERT SAND

*ROBERT SAND AND SORRELL HAVE BEEN COLLEAGUES FOR AT LEAST THE 17 YEARS SAND HAS BEEN IN OFFICE. FROM THE BEGINNING SAND HAS SAID SORRELL WAS INVOLVED, THAT SORRELL APPROVED THE GRAND JURY! SAND ALSO IMPLICATED SORRELL IN THE EXTORTION ATTEMPT TO KEEP ME QUIET! NOT ONCE HAS SORRELL BACKED SAND UP. NOT ONCE HAS SORRELL DEFENDED SAND. HE HAS EVEN GONE SO FAR AS SAYING HIS OFFICE HAS NEVER DISCUSSED THIS CASE WITH ROBERT SAND! THAT ANYTHING SAND DID HE DID ON HIS OWN!

WILLIAM SORRELL BETRAYED SAND, STABBED HIM IN THE BACK! SORRELL HAS THROWN ROBERT SAND TO THE WOLVES,TURNED HIS BACK ON HIM AND MADE SAND THE FALL GUY, THE SACRIFICIAL LAMB! AS A RESULT SAND LOST HIS PROMINENT POSITION AS THE TOP COP IN THE STATE. A POSITION HE HAS HELD FOR 17 YEARS! HE NOW COUNSELS DRUNKS. HIS CREDIBILITY FOREVER RUINED! HIS CAREER IN SHAMBLES, A DISGRACE TO HIS PROFESSION. WHILE SORRELL REMAINS SILENT!

JUDGE ZIMMERMAN

*JUDGE ZIMMERMAN WAS HAND PICKED TO RESIDE OVER THIS HIGH PROFILE CASE BECAUSE OF HER KNOWLEDGE OF THE LAW AND UNQUESTIONABLE CREDIBILITY AS A JUDGE. SORRELL AND JUDGE ZIMMERMAN WERE COLLEAGUES AND FRIENDS FOR OVER 20 YEARS BUT IN ORDER TO GRANT BOLASKI A NEW TRIAL, JUDGE ZIMMERMAN WAS BETRAYED BY SORRELL AND HER CREDIBILITY RUINED AS SHE WAS PORTRAYED AS A BUMBLER THAT MADE NUMEROUS MISTAKES AT THE TRIAL. NONE OF WHICH IS TRUE. SHE WAS SACRIFICED TO PROTECT BOLASKI. SHE IS NOW RETIRED, HER STORIED LEGACY DESTROYED! THANKS TO HER COLLEAGUE AND FRIEND WILLIAM SORRELL!

STATES ATTORNEY JOHN LAVOIE

*JOHN HAS BEEN FIGHTING THIS CASE FOR OVER 4 YEARS. HIS EFFORTS HAVE BEEN THWARTED AT EVERY TURN BY SORRELL. WHILE BOLASKI’S DEFENSE ATTORNEYS HAVE UNLIMITED FUNDS JOHN IS ON A BUDGET AND MUST WORK ALONE! JOHN WAS MADE TO LOOK THE FOOL AS THEY KNEW THAT IF BOLASKI WAS FOUND GUILTY THAT IT WAS GOING TO BE OVERTURNED. THAT’S WHY SORRELL HAS REFUSED TO INDICT UCCI, COREY OR BLANCHARD THOUGH THE EVIDENCE AGAINST THEM IS OVERWHELMING. BECAUSE WITHOUT USING THEIR TESTIMONY THE CONVICTION COULD NOT BE OVERTURNED! THIS WAS ALL PREORDAINED!

THE SUPREME COURT USED THEIR PERJURED TESTIMONY TO OVERTURN THE CONVICTION. THEY COMPLETELY DISREGARDED THE TESTIMONY AT TRIAL WHERE JOHN SHOWED THEY ALL LIED. THEY COMPLETELY DISREGARDED THE TESTIMONY OF THE COURAGEOUS WITNESSES WHO CAME FORWARD. THEY DISREGARDED THE EVIDENCE THAT CAME OUT AT TRIAL. THEY PLAYED JOHN FOR A FOOL! AS THEY CONTINUE TO DO. THEY USED THE SAME TACTICS AND EVIDENCE THAT SAND USED IN THE GRAND JURY!

RECENTLY BOLASKI WAS ARRESTED FOR NOT SIGNING IN AS PER HIS BAIL CONDITIONS AND HAVING DRUGS ON HIM. JOHN WAS DOING A TRIAL AND COULD NOT ATTEND THE HEARING SO HE ASKED THE LOCAL ASSISTANT DISTRICT ATTORNEY TO COVER FOR HIM AT THE HEARING BUT SHE REFUSED TO HELP JOHN!! SHE REFUSED TO COVER FOR HIM! AS A RESULT BOLASKI, ONCE AGAIN, WALKED FREE! THIS WAS DESPICABLE BUT INDICATIVE OF SORRELL’S INFLUENCE!

THE GRAND JURORS

*THE CITIZENS WHO MADE UP THE GRAND JURY WERE LIED TO AND DECEIVED! THEY WERE CALLED ON TO TAKE TIME OUT OF THEIR LIVES TO SIT ON THIS FAKE GRAND JURY! THEY LOST DAYS OF PAY AND EVEN HAD TO PAY OUT OF THEIR OWN POCKET FOR BABYSITTERS AND OTHER EXPENSES. THEY WERE USED AS PAWNS BY ROBERT SAND AND SORRELL WHO ALREADY KNEW THE OUTCOME THEY WANTED BUT NEEDED A PATSY TO MAKE IT HAPPEN! IN THIS CASE, THE JURORS, WHO THOUGHT THEY WERE DOING THEIR CIVIC DUTY WHO INSTEAD WERE DUPED, PULLED INTO AN ILLEGAL VENTURE BY THOSE THEY TRUSTED! MANIPULATED TO FREE A MURDERER!

THE TRIAL JURORS

*OF ALL THE PEOPLE INVOLVED WITH THIS CASE THESE JURORS SACRIFICED THE MOST AND WERE THE MOST BETRAYED BY ATTORNEY GENERAL SORRELL! THESE 16 COURAGEOUS MEN AND WOMEN SPENT WEEKS, FROM THE JURY SELECTION THROUGH TO THE END OF THE TRIAL, AWAY FROM THEIR FRIENDS AND FAMILIES, AWAY FROM THEIR HOMES, JOBS AND RESPONSIBILITIES. THEY LOST PAY AND HAD TO FOOT THE BILL FOR A LOT OF THEIR OWN EXPENSES. THE EMOTIONAL TOLL ON THEM FROM LISTENING TO THE EVIDENCE BEING BROUGHT OUT IN ALL IT’S BRUTAL DETAILS HAD TO WEIGH HEAVILY ON THEM. THEY CAME TO SEE JUSTICE WAS DONE. THEY CAME TO DO THEIR CIVIC DUTY. NEVER KNOWING THAT THE OUTCOME WAS ALREADY PRE-ORDAINED.

ALL OF THEIR TIME, ALL OF THEIR SACRIFICES WERE THROWN OUT IN ORDER TO SET BOLASKI FREE. THEY WERE MADE PAWNS IN THE GAME THAT SORRELL IS PLAYING WITH PEOPLE’S LIVES. THEY WERE USED AS WERE THE GRAND JURORS. SORRELL BETRAYED THEM ALL WITH NO REGARD FOR THEIR HARDSHIP OR SACRIFICES THEY WENT THROUGH.

VERMONT TAXPAYERS

BY FAR THE CITIZENS OF VERMONT HAVE SUFFERED CONSIDERABLY BECAUSE OF SORRELL’S DIRTY DEEDS. HE DOESN’T CARE ABOUT THEM AT ALL! THEY HAVE GONE THROUGH HUNGER, LOSS OF HOMES, THEIR JOBS AND MUCH NEEDED STATE PROGRAMS HAVE BEEN CANCELLED WHILE AT THE SAME TIME HE HAS ADDED A SECOND LAW FIRM TO PROTECT BOLASKI COSTING HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS MORE.

A PECULIAR SIDE NOTE TO THIS…TIM ARUCKLE FACES THE SAME 2ND DEGREE MURDER CHARGE PLUS PERJURY AND DESERVEDLY SO, BUT CURIOUSLY ENOUGH HAS A PUBLIC DEFENDER AND HAS BEEN IN JAIL WITH NO BAIL. WHY? BECAUSE ARBUCKLE WAS NOT A PART OF THE FALSE GRAND JURY. HE WAS NOT A PART OF THE PLOT TO LIE AND THEREFORE CAN’T IMPLICATE SORRELL ON ANYTHING.

THE SUPREME COURT AND SUPREME COURT JUSTICES

THIS IS THE MOST SURPRISING OF ALL! WILLIAM SORRELL HAS USED HIS INFLUENCE ON THE VERMONT SUPREME COURT! IT’S INCOMPREHENSIBLE THAT THE SUPREME COURT WOULD VIOLATE THEIR SACRED OATHS TO PROTECT BOLASKI, TO COVER SORRELL. BUT THEY HAVE! THEY HAVEN’T JUST SHAMED THE INTEGRITY OF THE VERMONT JUDICIAL SYSTEM BUT BECAUSE THEY REPRESENT THE VERY FOUNDATION OF THE CONSTITUTIONAL LAWS OF THEY HAVE DESTROYED THE VERY HEART AND INTEGRITY OF OUR CONSTITUTION!

IN ORDER TO COVER FOR SORRELL BOLASKI WOULD HAVE TO BE PROTECTED. IN ORDER FOR THEM TO OVERTURN THE CONVICTION THEY WOULD HAVE TO USE THE PERJURED TESTIMONY OF BOLASKI’S ONLY WITNESSES, COREY, UCCI, BLANCHARD AND GIB BASTIAN! AND THEY WOULD HAVE TO DISREGARD THE TRUE TESTIMONIES OF THE HONEST AND BRAVE WITNESSES WHO CAME FORWARD TO FIND JUSTICE. THEY WOULD HAVE TO TURN ON THEIR OWN INVESTIGATORS WHO TOLD THE TRUTH AT TRIAL.

SUCH AS TROOPER VITALE WHO TESTIFIED UNDER OATH OF JERRY UCCI GRABBING HIM, TELLING HIM HE SAW KYLE BOLASKI PURSUE AND THEN SHOOT VINNIE IN THE BACK. HE EVEN HAD A VIDEO SHOWING UCCI DOING THIS! THE JUSTICES CHOSE TO DISREGARD THIS AND TROOPER VITALE AND USE UCCI’S PERJURED TESTIMONY TO HELP FREE BOLASKI. IN OTHER WORDS THE SUPREME COURT DID EXACTLY WHAT ROBERT SAND DID IN THE GRAND JURY! THEY BETRAYED THEIR OATH, THE CITIZENS OF VERMONT AND THE VERMONT JUDICIAL SYSTEM TO PROTECT MURDERERS AND DRUG DEALERS!

MY SON AND MY FAMILY

SORREL HAS PUT US THROUGH HELL. HE HAS MADE US SUFFER THE HEARTREAK OF VINNIE’S DEATH OVER AND OVER. HE HAS INTENSIFIED THAT PAIN WITHOUT ANY THOUGHT AS TO HOW MUCH HE HAS DESTROYED US ALL. WE HAVE BEEN HUMILIATED, DEGRADED, INSULTED AND BETRAYED. WE HAVE HAD TO HEAR OUR SON BEING DRAGGED THROUGH THE MUD WITHOUT ANY CHANCE FOR HIM TO DEFEND HIMSELF. WE HAVE BEEN MADE TO ENDURE UNTOLD INDIGNITIES AND INJUSTICES, WE HAVE DIED A THOUSAND DEATHS YET NEVER HAS THERE EVER BEEN ONE WORD OF CONDOLENCE OR EVEN ONE ACT OF KINDNESS FROM SORRELL OR HIS OFFICE.

SORRELL HAS NEVER DENIED MY CHARGE THAT HE IS CORRUPT AND HAS ABUSED HIS POWER. HE HAS NEVER DEFENDED THAT THE GRAND JURY WAS FALSELY HELD TO PROTECT THE MURDERERS OF MY SON. INSTEAD WE HAVE BEEN TREATED AS THE ENEMY. SO BE IT. THE TRUTH WILL COME OUT AND HE WILL BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE AS WILL THEY ALL.

EVERYONE IN THE SYSTEM KNOWS THE TRUTH! EVERYONE KNOWS WHAT HE’S DONE TO PROTECT THE MURDERERS. EVERYONE KNOWS WHAT HE’S DONE TO COVER UP THE TRUTH ABOUT THE MURDER OF MY SON. EVERYONE KNOWS THAT HE FALSIFIED A GRAND JURY AND OBSTRUCTED JUSTICE FOR THE LAST 6 YEARS AND EVERYONE KNOWS HE’S ALLOWED MURDERERS TO ROAM FREE AMONG HIS PEOPLE IN ORDER TO PROTECT HIS DIRTY SECRET AS TO WHAT HE’S DONE.

HE’S NEVER DENIED ALL OF THESE CHARGES! NEVER ONCE HAS HE SAID THAT HE’S NOT DONE THESE THINGS, THAT I’M LYING. HE’S NEVER ONCE CONFRONTED ME. BECAUSE WHAT I SAY IS THE TRUTH! INSTEAD HE’S RUN AND HIDDEN LIKE A COWARD BEHIND THE STATURE OF HIS OFFICE. BUT HE CAN’T RUN ANYMORE! THE PEOPLE WANT TO KNOW THE TRUTH! THEY DEMAND TO KNOW THE TRUTH!

IT’S TIME FOR BERNIE SANDERS TO AND ATTORNEY GENERAL SORRELL TO TELL THE FULL STORY OF HIS INVOLVEMENT AND OF THE JUDICIAL SYSTEM’S INVOLVEMENT IN THE COVER UP OF THE MURDER OF MY SON! IT’S TIME FOR THE PEOPLE TO DEMAND JUSTICE FOR THEY ARE THE SUFFERERS AND THEY WILL CONTINUE TO SUFFER AS LONG AS SORRELL CONTINUES TO USE HIS POWERS TO COVER UP THE TRUTH!

FOR EACH TIME BOLASKI’S ATTORNEYS DRAW UP A MOTION ANOTHER CHILD GOES HUNGRY! EACH TIME THEY APPEAR FOR A HEARING ANOTHER PERSON LOSES THEIR JOB! AND WHEN IT COMES TIME FOR THE TRIAL, BY THE END OF IT MANY HOMES WILL BE REPOSSESSED, FAMILIES WILL BE THROWN OUT INTO THE STREET! HE HAS SACRIFICED HIS OWN. AND BROUGHT SHAME TO THE VERMONT JUDICIAL SYSTEM. ALL TO COVER A LIE! ALL TO PROTECT A MURDERER…

• ZurichMike says:

Do you have this in normal (uppercase and lowercase) font? All caps is annoying, hard to read, and considered shouting online.