Three Top Ben Carson Campaign Aides Resign – Campaign “Shakeup” or “Collapse”?…

Ben Carson’s campaign manager Barry Bennett, Deputy Campaign Manager Lisa Coen, and Campaign Communications Director stepped down from their posts with the presidential campaign Thursday morning:

Ben Carson

[…] “We respect the candidate and we have enjoyed helping him go from far back in the field to top tier status,” Watts said of himself and Bennett in a statement Thursday. “We are proud of our efforts for Dr Carson and we wish him and his campaign the best of luck.”

The resignations, reported first by the Des Moines Register early Thursday, come just 31 days before the Iowa caucuses.

Of the decision to leave the campaign, Bennett told the Washington Post, “My frustration level has peaked with Dr. Carson’s outside advisers.” (link)

It appears the key “outside adviser” creating the internal anxiety amid the campaign is Armstrong Williams.  That should not come as a surprise – Remember this.

Trump and Carson

ABC News has more –  After announcing his resignation from the Ben Carson campaign, former campaign manager Barry Bennett tells ABC News that the staff changes were revealed in a scheduled call this morning. The main change Carson wanted to make was with his Communications Director Doug Watts, Bennett says.

Bennett told the Republican presidential candidate on the call he would not support that decision and told Carson “it’s time for me to go.” Bennett said Carson was surprised and asked him to think about staying on as his campaign manager to which Bennett quickly told him no.

“[Carson] tried to blame some of the problems in the campaign on silly things and I said Ben we all know the root of our problems, let’s not pretend it’s not Armstrong Williams,” Bennett told ABC News on the phone. “Ben said I’ll talk to him, I’ll talk to him. But I’ve heard that for nine months now.”

Williams did not immediately respond to ABC News’ request for comment.

Bennett said he’s leaving the campaign with lots of money in the bank and still believes in Dr. Carson as a candidate.

“I don’t know who all will still be here, it’s not my problem” Bennett said. “I can play amateur politics at home with my 9-year-old I don’t need to do it at the professional level.”

The campaign says that Armstrong Williams was “the factor” of the staff shake-up. Williams is Carson’s business manager and one of his closest advisers who has been with him long before he launched his campaign.

Throughout Carson’s campaign, conflicting messages have come from Armstrong and the campaign, and the campaign acknowledges that Armstrong created a huge problem. Campaign Manager Barry Bennett told ABC News on Dec. 11 that the relationship was “a disaster.”  (read more)

This entry was posted in BGI - Black Grievance Industry, Big Stupid Government, Election 2016. Bookmark the permalink.

138 Responses to Three Top Ben Carson Campaign Aides Resign – Campaign “Shakeup” or “Collapse”?…

1. Rebel Mope says:

So they go to The Des Moines Register and ABC news to air their dirty linen. Dr. Carson was right to dump the lot of them.

• Meyer says:

Though it is not PC to air ‘dirty linen’ publicly, it sure is a good reminder to folks that Dr. Carson’s friend and financial backer, Armstrong Williams, has a direct link to the Nation of Islam.

• folma says:

And to Larry Flynt. Coincidental that Flynt offered money weeks ago for dirt on Williams 1996 sexual harassment of male employee? And now there’s a shake-up?

Williams and Carson have a very close relationship, a “package deal” as Carson calls it. Been together since Williams was a partner with Oprah’s Stedman Graham in late 1980’s early 1990’s. Williams and Graham shared an apartment together in High Point NC.

Williams is one sketchy, weird dude. Probably some skeletons were about to come out of the closet.

• Jack Long says:

I don’t know Williams, but I do know Stedman from when he was in Germany. I was teammate of his for a while. Stedman is a classy guy from my POV. He was well respected and liked.

He’s a motivational, positive thinking kind of guy by nature, so I’m not surprised to see him successful in that area.

What’s the point of your connection of him to Armstrong Williams?

• folma says:

I didn’t say he wasn’t classy or a stand-up guy. In the 1970’s a lady I work with, a very classy black lady, belonged to some jogging group or gym and knew him casually in Denver. She said the consensus was he was bi. With Williams close association with him and then his own same sex scandal in the 1990’s, maybe it was fodder for a media shill to cast aspersions. I mean look at what happened to Herman Cain, some lady from Chicago comes out of the woodwork and derails his campaign.

Perhaps it’s all too close for comfort. Williams and Carson have both made controversial statements about homosexuality.

• Jack Long says:

I never saw any ‘bi’ indications, for what it’s worth. No one I knew noticed anything, either.

He was married when I knew him, I believe, but it could of been a girlfriend. I think he had a child with the girl as well, or maybe it was the girl’s child. It’s been a long time, but he was definitely with a woman.

He was just a good guy. Very nice and helpful to people. He’s quite sharp, too, intellectually.

If I met people or groups who have helped me or impressed me in their actions with others I will always defend them or speak up for them. Nothing more, nothing less.

• KitKat says:

Notwithstanding Armstrong Williams, Carson was more blunt than any other candidate when he said that Sharia and the U.S. Constitution don’t mix. I don’t get it at all.

• ThankYou,Treepers says:

Carson is the only U.S. Presidential candidate to have raised sharia (draconian islam supremacy law mandated by islam) and taqiaa (islam’s encouragement of lies/deception to further islamic takeover) in the fourteen plus years and four presidential campaigns since 9/11. For that he will be remembered with admiration for as long as US history is written.

Nation of Islam is group of black Americans joined together by black racism, which happens to be America’s only remaining form of racism. Most of them don’t know or understand authentic islam and the Arab muslm world does not consider them authentic muslims. American blacks who have joined the jihad have for the most part if not exclusively converts to true islam, not NOI members.

Carson has given the “brother man” treatment to other despicable American blacks like Sharpton, so who knows if Carson would have any ability to reverse the increase in black racism that’s been amped up by the white woman’s son in the Oval Office.

• Jo McIntyre says:

Amazing to watch the recent news broadcast on video where Mr. Williams repeatedly says that Dr. Carson is “on message,” “authoritarian” – should have said “authoritative” – and well-positioned since a burden has been lifted from his shoulders. Presumably his top staff people. Fascinating interview.
        It is common among Black speakers to mis-use words. Not that other ethnicities don’t do similar things, it’s just more noticeable among Blacks. With some, I’ve had the impression they picked words strictly for the sound and rhythm they give to their sentences. Just try to follow a thought and you’ll find it impossible, but you will get the gist.

• bertdilbert says:

Heh, going to the DMR, Trump cannot quote them ha ha. The Donald will have to say “Coming from the DMR it is possibly not true or inaccurate at some level.” I sense an itchy twitter finger.

• KitKat says:

I agree.

2. Paco Loco says:

Carson will be out before the Iowa caucas. The campaign appears to be imploding. Real question is will Yeb stay in past Iowa. The deployment of 50 of his campaign team to try and drum up support for a failing campaign is telling. Pulling the TV ads even more so. I’d say he’s burned through his big media stash with no noticeable improvement in the polls so maybe it’s a roll the dice moment for all or nothing.

• Sandhill says:

I think Jeb will stay in till he loses the Florida primary in a landslide to Trump.

• TheLastDemocrat says:

he may be on an allowance – the wall street funders may give out just enough to keep him rolling. So, it appears as if he has little money.

• Back when Carson was surging in the polls my antenna was picking up the words “CARSON WILL BE OUT BY JANUARY.” I did enter that somewhere here, I looked and could only find the one I said he wouldn’t win Iowa. But in any case I think you’re right. And even if Carson doesn’t formally announce he’s actually getting out, he’s basically out, no chance for win.

This is encouraging because in July my antenna was picking up “HILLARY WILL NEVER BE PRESIDENT, THEY WILL NEVER LET HER BE, SHE’S A WOMAN.” Prior to discovering Treehouse I did blog that around over twenty times, took a lot of heat for it too (called sexist, etc). But I was just reporting what I was shown.

When I say antenna, it is strictly spiritual and not have anything to do with political analysis nor logical reasoning. At that time I had not even ventured into the Treehouse, just flew in from Italy with no knowledge about the political race. So I’m not trying to take any political astuteness for any of this. It just encourages me to feel confident about the Hillary one, her “never being president.” Similar for Joe Biden wouldn’t enter the race at that time and that Carly who was surging at the time would collapse (Curtains for Carly omen). There was a vision of Trump & a female at this side silhouetted by falling flower pedals like confetti alone together at a podium which I took to mean at that time A CORONATION of some sort. I noted here back I think in August when I joined.

We’ll see!

Carson will be good to have to take some Cruz votes though, but not sure how many by the time IOWA CAUCUS arrives.

• drdeb says:

Do you think the woman by the Donald’s side was the VP or was it his wife?

• Raffaella says:

Ok let me tell you about my ANTENA:

I knew Carson was never a factor just creation of Fox.
        I have always believed that Rubio is not a factor because he is boyish and Cuban. Let’s face it we are not going to pick a Cuban as our president, not now.
        I know Cruz has a lot of good will among some republicans but he is Canadian/Cuban. He will not be president. Not now.
        Bush is already done, he just does not know it.
        Hillary is a mess. She is married to Bill, has legal problems, performance issues with national security. Most important: She is very Sick/ill. She will not be president.

All the rest are an *. That leaves only Trump and Sanders. Those two will be the nominees. When you have an strong, dominant, clever, alpha male in the race with a track record to match, it is game over. Trump will be president in a landslide.

• pawatcher says:

I like the signals your antenna is picking up! Keep the updates coming as you zoom in on the primaries.
          Just tell me what do you think Cruz is up to, sucking up to Trump, being his shadow, and reiterating all of Trump’s positions as his own (knowing they are not his prior to the campaign)–he gives me the creeps- like when he used Sarah Palin to win the senate seat, then trashed her with Beck.

• Raffaella says:

I have never liked Cruz. I do not know why. My ANTENA picks up so much dishonesty. I think he is a typical lawyer. I hate attorneys. I think he is another Carson that the media and establishment are promoting. But Cruz is their last hope to stop Trump momentum. They are hoping to do it in Iowa. But they are definitely underestimating Trump supporters. We will show up in droves. They just don’t know it yet.

• pageoturner says:

Agree with most of your assessment but have a very hard time imagining Sanders getting the nod. If he does, Trump coasts to the biggest landslide victory in US history.

• drdeb says:

Raffaella and others,
            My antenna tells me that Trump will be our next President despite Hillary or Sanders.
            No amount of voter fraud can stop the landslide that I see coming.
            Pray for his health and safety.
            I have felt for months that God has this and that God has heard our prayers.

• Amen to that! One of the Black ministers speaking when Trump met with them called Trump “Providential” which is to say, a manifestation of divine care or direction (dictionary.com). The way that Trump leads and foresees events that then unfold is as though he controls them. It’s amazing. Continue to pray for him and for us.

• Mike says:

Rubio doesn’t even speak Spanish well but for some reason speak like English is his second language. I knew he wasn’t going to win when picking up on that annoying lisp. No one wants to hear that for eight years. Oh and he been caught being a politician more times than I can count. Might as well vote for Jeb if you like Rubio.

Won’t be Sanders unless Hillary has health problems. Could have been but you are wrong as he is not strong. He is quick to surrender. See Black Lives Matter or when he gave Hillary an opening on the emails and she took him to task on the DNC’s emails. Call him a sexist and he’ll apologize showing he’s a beta-male not fit for a pant suit. He’s too slow,

• Bert Darrell says:

I don’t like or trust Rubio; his positions and track record are not only awful but frequently disingenuous. But I can tell you that, when he speaks Spanish, he’s just a fluent and well spoken as in English. The problem is that, sometimes, what he says in one of these languages is the opposite of what he says in the other. He lies with the same ease as he breathes.

• IntoTheFray says:

“He lies with the same ease as he breathes.”
              GREAT line! I shall now always think of it whenever someone mentions Rubio.

• seventhndr says:

I hope he stays in. Cruz’s rise in Iowa seems to be from former Ben supporters. So I say leave him there to continue to split Cruz’s vote.

• Rick says:

You’re 100% right on!

TRUMP 2016

• Curry Worsham says:

Actually, in the early November RCP average, Trump and Carson were tied at 25%. As of today, Carson has collapsed to 9% and Trump has climbed to 36%. Cruz has gained 8 points. Trump and Cruz have more or less split Carson’s former supporters. So if Carson drops out, Trump should go up 4 or 5 points. (That would be 40% RCP average.) Go Ben go!

3. TwoLaine says:

IF you can’t even pick the right people for your campaign, what makes you think you can ever pick the right people to lead our country out of the hellhole it is in?

BC2016 is never gonna’ happen. He’s toast!

(Bad karma with those initials!!!)

4. runthetable says:

Armstrong Williams was too toxic for his campaign. ?

5. fred says:

Carson is a nice guy but out of his realm. Being good and articulate does not get you ready for politics. Cage match fighter maybe. It’s just too brutal for a guy like him. Jeb will stay on waiting for the last dirty trick Rove has up his sleeve. He’s playing possum. Watch the teeth.

6. Doodahdaze says:

They socked it to him.

7. Trent Telenko says:

Implosion, arriving.

8. Paco Loco says:

A weak candidate with a campaign being managed by competing egos. When things begin to unravel, disaster usually follows quickly. The other candidates with under 3% should see this as ominous for their splitter campaigns. If Carson goes, so will the rest of the low tier. The big egos in these campaigns all must be feeling the pain of low numbers and it has to hurt to watch Trump consistently improve his numbers. I’d like to see Cruz and Rubios eligibility to be challenged in court with a suit against the RNC for enabling them to run for president. If they have to defend their eligibility, their campaigns will have to change focus as Trump puts the pedal to the metal next month.

9. 2x4x8 says:

I guess the 3 Wise men are headed East, of Eden

10. hocuspocus13 says:

Carson started to implode when he became lost on foreign affairs

11. pawatcher says:

Cruz has announced he will be the winner by March- article on Drudge……….. IMHO Dr. Carson is a much better choice than Cruz.
    Of course Trump is the best choice, but I was thinking of VP…….. Trump and Carson would have been the real deal, non political, and truthful.
    Trump 2016
    I’m hoping Trump does not pick Cruz for VP.

• PremAmerica says:

His political director, Mark Campbell, asserted, “The other thing we’re really watching with great fascination is how more and more of the establishment wing of the Republican Party is coming to our campaign as the alternative to Mr. Trump.

Sure, Cruz is the establishment favorite 🙂

• boutis says:

They think he would be easier to control. Or buy off.

• pawatcher says:

His record as a senator proves you right. He is a Bush one world order kinda politician, no matter how he professes to be a constitutional scholar, he’d back the UN before the constitution.
          I’m looking for Trump to get US out of the UN and the UN outta the US.

• Jo McIntyre says:

Oh, gosh, Pa, don’t get your hopes up. I’d say the UN is the least of our problems right now, though I hate the place with a passion. But after reading lots of old magazine articles on the Web about Trump, I’d say he normally focusses on one big project at a time. He’s been like that since he was in his thirties. Very focused, very driven, high energy, confident, and strongly detail-oriented including his fabulous wardrobe.

• mariner says:

I would DEARLY love that!

• pawatcher says:

Then Cruz can tell his supporters the GOPe courted him, not the other way round- he thinks he is the smartest man around, but he doesn’t fit in anywhere- he has to get in on someone else’s coattail- Abbott, Bush, Palin, Trump have all let him grab holt to them and slither into positions.
        He is already indebted to big donors- oh, he did amass a fortune on his daughters being used for political fodder- his supporters poured in the money to stop their attack…………right? He’s a user, plain and simple.

• citizen817 says:

Other than being a retired neurosurgeon, Carson doesn’t really know very much about how the world works. I seriously doubt he would even do well as secretary of health and human services. I don’t think he qualifies for any position in a Trump administration. Even jebra has more energy than the good doctor.

• pawatcher says:

His best quality- he is an honest man- that gives him a head start in life and politics.
        Character does matter- he says things because they are right and from the heart- that resonates with US. He’s not a phony, PC, automaton using talking points 24/7………he’s human. And I think he plays well to Trumps more avid personality, they’d make quite a duo IMHO.
        Carson knows as much about the world as any citizen IMHO- intelligence isn’t always on display by some people, commonsense describes them better.
        I’m hoping he can turn his campaign around- he should be himself, and hope Trump gives a shout out to him.
        Trump 2016…………..

• texasmama6 says:

The VP has to be chosen from those who really could hit the ground running if they were suddenly thrown into the role of President. Dr. Carson appears to be a man of high character and sincerity, but would he be up to the job?

• I wouldn’t vote for Carson if he was the last candidate standing. We’ve ALREADY had 8 years of a “Race First” president (thanks to “White Guilt”) with ties to the black activists, and that is ENOUGH!

• Martin says:

Cruz is an idiot.

12. TheLastDemocrat says:

some carson outsider polling points will go to trump.

i think they will get split between trump and cruz.

13. NCPatrick says:

Carson’s decision to run for President was obviously not clearly thought out .. just as Jeb’s was not. What did these guys think it would be like? All they had to do would be smile and wave and shake a few hands? Wow, fellas. Take a look at what a professional organization looks like, take a look at Team Trump and learn a few things.

• avogadra says:

My impression was that Carson was burnishing his credentials so he could sell books. The high poll numbers came as a surprise, and he was not prepared for it.

• TheFenian says:

You win the “Most Spot On Assesment” award.
        My impression was exactly the same. Nothing complicated about what happened here.
        Dr. Carson seems like a nice man and has had a remarkable career. I wish him all the best for the future. I’m looking forward to him endorsing Donald Trump, which I believe he eventually will.
        Aside from being a celebrated Neuro Surgeon, he was the administrator of a world class medical facility. I’m not sure what type of role, if any, he could play in the Trump administration, but I hope he remains a visible face and often heard voice in some fashion. Let’s not play pc here – the black community needs many, many Dr. Carson types as leaders. The Sharptons, Cornel Wests, and rap thugs are not helping them. A more stable, law abiding black community will strengthen America. And we new strength to fight the muslim problem in our midst.

• boutis says:

And for the public speaking circuit and TV talking heads to drive demand even more. It was a good plan for a post-retirement gig but this disaster of a campaign (and debates) is not going to gin up much interest now. Same for Fiorina.

• Curry Worsham says:

Herman Cain.

• texasmama6 says:

Do any of you remember the non-stop airing of radio ads pushing for a “Draft Ben Carson for President movement” that began running right after the midterms? At first they baffled me, then they began to creep me out. Carson doesn’t seem like he has it in him to plan and execute that kind of ground game so far out. Is there someone behind the scenes that put him out there?

• boutis says:

Marketers like Armstrong Williams.

• texasmama6 says:

And pulling his strings…Farrakhan?

• KitKat says:

So why did Carson say he wouldn’t think it would be a good idea for a Muslim to be president?

• keebler AC says:

Carson is the dog, Armstrong and Farrakhan is the tail. The dog is ultimately not the one in control … as we can see in this latest fiasco where his campaign staff abruptly resign.

Carson and Cruz may be outsiders but both of them are still puppets to their sponsors.

Carson and Cruz will say stuff yaou want to hear but ultimately their actions will not match words promised because they are beholden to……you guessed it…..as Bennett called the problem he himself faced – “the outside forces”.

• parteagirl says:

Or other opportunists. I learned recently that a group can use someone’s name without their permission to raise funds. It’s happening to Allen West- there’s an email effort to raise money to get his Congressional seat in FL back after he’s already moved to Texas, and it’s happened to Star Parker, too. She said there’s nothing that can be done.

• notasmidgeon says:

Dr. Carson’s talk at the National Prayer Breakfast, 2013, brought him to the attention of the public. He basically spoke out against Obama.
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpiryahOspY (starting at about 17 min. mark)

• Mike says:

Carson’s lack of seeking knowledge on foreign policy makes me wonder if he was ever serious. Just a guy that is going to sell books and speaking events for a decade. Also snippy over a reporters question, what do you do if a Hurricane hits America? “I have no idea.” Uh call the governors and ask if they need something? Pray? It’s the easiest question I have ever heard. Kids Jeopardy is more challenging.

14. 2x4x8 says:

Benny The Bouncer, from ELP’s Brain Salad Surgery (1973)

15. snaggletooths says:

I hope Carson stays in thru Iowa so cruz does not get those votes. Not surprised this is going on with the carson campaign wish me-too-ted was imploding also.

16. don welch says:

if trump keeps pounding hillary he will get the nomination and i can’t wait to watch a debate between big t and little c. pass the popcorn and pop a beer.

17. stringy theory says:

Carson has good and bad points. On the good side, he is not a professional politicians. On the bad side, he is a bit too creepy for me. I agree with other posters here who believe he will be out before the voting in Iowa. Once a pin hole starts in the dam, it doesn’t take long for the whole thing to go–it’s a slippery slope. I hope some or most of his backers will see that Trump is the only real alternative they have.

• joanfoster says:

The Evangelicals love Carson. They clearly have lost sight of the big picture and believe that if you elect a Christian all will be well with the world. Well, electing a Christian is certainly alright by me, but how one lives their life via the heavenly kingdom and how much they know about the earthly one is two different things. I do not question Carson’s faith, but have had serious questions all along about his readiness and ability to take over the leadership of this nation. While I am not the brightest bulb in the box, I will say that the rationale of some evangelicals truly amazes me. I really want Christians engaged in the political process, but I want them to be smart and not just driven by their Christian faith. It takes faith for sure, but wise discernment based on facts and truth to pick a presidential candidate.

18. Pingback: Farewell, Ben Carson - Daily Pundit

19. Rick says:

Carson’s campaign is still funded. He announced a $23M haul, even better than what Cruz was bragging about. I hope that he stays in through SC.

This sneaky Cruz is hoping to siphon more votes away from Carson. Cruz is envisioning a win in IA that the MSM will hit Trump with hard for a week or so until NH & SC votes. If Cruz is in the top 5 in NH, he looks to win SC in his team’s mind. An Iowa and SC win would put Cruz in as the man to beat in so far as the daily media narrative would be. TRUMP supporters cannot be to over confident, especially since TRUMP has taken the position to hit CRUZ!.

All I can think is that TRUMP’S internals in IA must be showing that turnout is going to be unprecedented and that he will WIN BIG, starting his run. Either of these two scenario’s is likely. Hold on to your hats!

TRUMP 2016

20. MfM says:

Three at once is telling. I hope he is able to hold on through Iowa for all the reasons everyone else is giving. If/when he leaves it would be great if he pointed his followers in Trump’s direction and away from Cruz.

Roger Stone and Trump parted way last summer and it doesn’t seem to have done Trump any harm, but three with a weak candidate is going to be rough.

• Doodahdaze says:

The Cruz Surge is over. Next surge scheduled is…

• texasmama6 says:

Does anyone have the scoop on the Stone/Trump parting? It’s been mentioned here that it is strange the way Stone has been actively serving as a vocal defender and supporter of Trump but with no official ties to the campaign. Was he sent out on purpose? I can’t help but think that situation is different from the Carson situation. Despite the obligatory statements of continued admiration and support for Carson that Bennett made, the break doesn’t appear to be a very friendly one, or else he wouldn’t have been so open with the media.

• boutis says:

Stone was a Nixon dirty trickster. He is more valuable OUT of an organization than in it. He stirs “stuff” up, collects opposition research, and is around as an institutional memory for things like Kasich getting fired for selling marijuana to other campaign staffers 40 years ago in the Reagan campaign.

• TheFenian says:

Stone and Trump’s parting was calculated and by design. It was a brilliant move. Stone has his book “The Clinton War on Woman”. He is free to attack, attack, attack with the harshest, R-rated and X-rated blows against Hillary anywhere, anytime. Trump will attack head on, Stone on the flanks. As The Donald said “This is war”. If any part of Stone’s brutal, incriminating book is found to be wrong, hey, that’s not Trump’s fault. Stone isn’t part of the campaign ! He was “fired” !
        Trump is a master tactician. That’s why he’s going to win. The Clinton Machine has met it’s match. 2016 is the Clinton Machine’s Waterloo.

• Tonawanda says:

Exactly. Trump said Stone was fired. Stone said he resigned. It was probably both on purpose, so both could tell the truth. Stone is going to do some swift-boating the likes of which will make your toes curl. He’s promoting a book, you see.

• auscitizenmom says:

That has baffled me, too.

• Notmeagain says:

Stone said he quit, Trump said he was fired. He said-she said so far. Since then Stone has had many helpful things to say on TV and he is plugging two of his books, “Clinton’s War on Women” and “Bush Crime Family.” Both are heavy attacks at the main contenders. But it wouldn’t look good to have someone in the campaign selling his book which the Bushes and Clintons might take issue with, would it? Recently he started another pro-Trump PAC which Trump promptly denounced, a great opening to remind people once again that Trump is his own man. He could be a 5th column, or he could really be on his own. Either way I think he’s a positive contributor.

• SharonKinDC says:

I’ve heard many theories, and some may be true. One thing is this: Trump tightly controls his ‘brand’. He was slow to have an official spox in Pierson. That said, at the time, not repeated many places, Trump said something about he didn’t like the idea of someone (iow Stone) using the campaign for his OWN promo. Stone had planned both the Clinton & Bush books. Stone HAD to be cast out from the nest.

21. kenmar1965 says:

A shakeup always precedes a colapse.

22. Centinel2012 says:

Reblogged this on Centinel2012 and commented:

This is too bad I really Like Ben but sometimes you can stick with someone for too long!

23. Jtomka says:

On Breitbart, Cruz tells his volunteers that “We can win this if we awaken and energize the Body of Christ”. The entire article made me uncomfortable then I read the comments. Wow, those CruzBots are rabid. They are blinded by the Cruz Halo in the picture. Creepy.

• Jtomka says:

Now I can’t see any Disqus comments for any articles on Breitbart. Is it me?

• Rick says:

Cruz is a hypocrite, invoking the “body of Christ for his political gain.

I hope those crazy evangelicals in IA read their Ten Commandments.

It seems to me that Cruz’s own ego and pride violate the first two of ten Commandments below that he supposedly cherishes:

Wake up Cruz supporters. I’m just trying to point out the hypocrisy of Cruz. He steals the main themes of Trump, after Trump takes the hits and now he reduces the LORD for his own personal & political gain.

1 “I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage. You shall have no other gods before Me.

2 “You shall not make for yourself a carved image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; you shall not bow down to them nor serve them. For I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God,

TRUMP 2016

• Doodahdaze says:

He is not just for Cruzbots and they do not have to “win” anything for him. In fact they can not.

• famouswolf says:

The last thing in the world we need, considering the theocratic beast we already face and will have to fight, is another theocratic movement in this country, no matter how well intentioned it is. And that’s what Cruz and his supporters are beginning to sound like to me. I was already against Cruz as President or Vice President, now I don’t want him anywhere near government, or for so much as a judgeship. No Senate, no Supreme Court. Nothing. He just disqualified himself for ANYTHING as far as I am concerned. The only good thing he has to offer is to immediately drop out of the primary race, resign from the Senate, and go home and be a shyster lawyer and/or preacher.
        Oh, and I’d like it even more if he headed home to Canada or Cuba. This jerk is as much a ‘Constitutional scholar’ as 0bama.

• SharonKinDC says:

Well, the ‘Dominionist’ branch of evangelicalism has been called the Christian Taliban. That’s a lefty exaggeration, but the Trump comment re not many evangelical’s coming out of Cuba spoke to the single largest influence in Ted’s religious life: his father.

I find it creepy, manipulative, and unworthy of a ‘true Christian’. Most amusingly, Carson’s pal Armstrong Williams poked Cruz in the eye today saying Carson is the ‘only true evangelical Christian’ in the race. A neat twist on Cruz’s ‘only true conservative’ line.

Frankly, I hope this wakes up some of Cruz’s supporters, along w/ the whole ‘cartoon’ issue-which stemmed from Cruz exploiting his daughters to attack Hillary directly, which he refuses to do in many instances’

Read today, when asked about the Clinton sexual assault issues (and by implication, Hillary enabling him) Cruz said he didn’t respond to ‘innuendo’. WHAT?

Cruz is looking shadier and shadier.

• NYGuy54 says:

That was a very creepy comment by Terd Cruz. I cannot stand people who use Christ to further their political ambitions.

• seventhndr says:

He is creepy and Cruz supporters need to wake up.

• seventhndr says:

After reading the breitbart article, it looks like little Teddy believes everything his nut job daddy is telling him. If you don’t know what I am talking about, watch the above video. You can spare 10 min for your country.

• Jo McIntyre says:

What the heck is this at 2:51? Menorah in the background. Shofar blowing. Mention of Rosh HaShanah the beginning of the New Year. What’s that all about?

• Rene says:

They take the Word of God in the Old Testament that promises things to Israel and say it applies to them. They want the Kingship of David and the wealth of Soloman. In my humble opinion, very unbiblical.

• runthetable says:

The photo on BB, with the golden glow like a Halo around his head, is over the top.

• Rene says:

I am a part of the Body of Christ and I will NEVER vote for Cruz, ever.

• ajbenius says:

Breitbart is still mostly Trumpsters… haul your ass back to Breitbart and take them on!

24. jeans2nd says:

I am confused. My impression was that Dr. Carson had surrounded himself with a bunch of carpetbaggers and Williams kept saying Dr. Carson was being ill-advised. What am I missing here? Do we know why Williams was not a part of Dr. Carson’s campaign? That question has always bothered me. Perhaps at this point it does not even matter. I must give Dr. Carson kudos for staying loyal to his long-time friend and advisor, if nothing else.

• Meyer says:

The missing link will appear if you Google “Armstrong Williams” and “Nation of Islam” or “Louis Farrakhan.”

• jeans2nd says:

That is what I do not understand. The info on Williams is not new and Carson still stayed with him, until his campaign managers came on board. His campaign guys were running ads thru their Run Ben Run PAC well before Carson announced, and Williams was still with Carson. And that place in Akron has been known locally for years as a scam operation. I cannot decide if Dr. Carson was duped, was a willing accomplice, or was willingly duped. But it would seem it does not much matter.

25. Totally Domestic says:

Well Dr Carson will get a fresh start in the new year.

Campaign manager. Deputy campaign manager, chief spokesman & 20 staffers say buh bye.

26. tz says:

This is good for Carson. His problem is when his “advisors” said he supported TPP or some other nonsense. He has a vision – similar to Trump – but his advisers were playing the talking point checklist game. It might fall either way.

27. truthandjustice says:

Never been worried about any of them except Cruz. Too many believe him and not that informed on the facts, wanting to believe what they believe and it seems they are so closed when you try to point them out. We here know he has no pathway to victory and other things. I also hope his eligibility issue comes out. I have no idea what Trump knows about all that. I would think he would start using it now if he’s ever going to. I’m also not so sold on Hillary being the nominee. Even Trump has suggested she may not be. Oh well…..keep on keeping on!!!!

• famouswolf says:

I’m afraid Cruz is a real threat.
      I wouldn’t have at one time, but the last two elections have shown just how vulnerable too many Americans are to egomaniacal ideologues.

28. This is really quite AMAZING!

Check out this automatic colored polling map: Donald Trump’s dominance of the Republican primary so far in one map state by state.

Watch which candidate goes up as Carson goes down.
    Rubio looks like his support grew from the “OTHER” category. Looks like Trump gained from Carson’s fall and Cruz did too.

29. tz says:

Avoid known Carsonigens.

30. This WND article out today is HIALRIOUS! Lots of dogs fighting & snarling over a bone!

Highlights include:

SANTORUM ON CRUZ: “Cruz ‘not the social conservative’ he claims to be”

HUCK ON CRUZ: “Should conservatives support a corporately-funded candidate that says one thing at a Manhattan fundraiser & another at a Marshaltown church?” AND “Shouldn’t candidates be expected to have authenticity & consistency, instead of looking at a map to decide what to believe & what to say?”

Rest of the GOP pack in massive brawl:

Christie also slapped Rubio Tuesday for missing a vote on the spending bill. “Dude, show up to work,” Christie said in front of an Iowa crowd.

Rubio fired back at Christie on Fox News: “He’s never in New Jersey. He’s gone half the time.”

Loser Kasich about Loser Jeb: “The latest ad from Jeb’s team forgot to check the box for ‘Which governor is living in the past because he has no new ideas for fixing anything?

Of course, none of it is affecting Trump. There’s a video Jeb made of Trump and it’s so annoying I don’t see how it helps Jeb except remind people how annoying Jeb is. LOL!,

WND refers to Rubio as “second tier candidate,” and continues to quote an old poll favoring Cruz over Trump. It is quite odd that so-called “Constitutionalists” would be in the tank for the Canadian-born ineligible Pastor Ted!

LOOOOOOOOOL!

But it is quite humorous to see the others attack each other rather than piling up on Trump for a change.

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2015/12/trump-called-twitter-drunk-cruz-slapped-on-marriage/#I4pJfiXQCcdC1LuV.99

31. keebler AC says:

Begging your staff not to resign is a sign of poor leadership. Carson is not in control of his campaign. He’s not on top of the game. He’s asleep and not putting in the proper time and effort. He cannot run a country this way.