When Donald Trump announced his candidacy there was one thing most important to do.  When Trump began blowing his competition out of the water, there was one important thing to do.  When Trump, essentially the risk that Trump represents, is attacked by the political left and political right, that thing remains.

The transparency within the promoted media attacks both direct (another and another) and indirect, are aimed to do the same thing, remove support.   How? By using the exact same strategy, instill fear.

wapo screen tweet - trumpFEAR IS USED AS A WEAPONFear is the most effective and dangerous of weapons. When fear is deployed, it is critically important to #1) identify it, and #2) see through the motivations of its deployment.

When you understand this, I mean really understand this, you are able to see the obvious deployment of strategies intended to instill fear.

The Washington Post article today, about Bill Clinton talking to Donald Trump prior to Trump’s announcement, is directly targeted to do this – make the base fearful of what they don’t know.  This will be the Chris Wallace angle.

Former president Bill Clinton had a private telephone conversation in late spring with Donald Trump at the same time that the billionaire investor and reality-television star was nearing a decision to run for the White House, according to associates of both men.

Four Trump allies and one Clinton associate familiar with the exchange said that Clinton encouraged Trump’s efforts to play a larger role in the Republican Party and offered his own views of the political landscape.

Clinton’s personal office in New York confirmed that the call occurred in late May, but an aide to Clinton said the 2016 race was never specifically discussed and that it was only a casual chat.

The talk with Clinton — the spouse of the Democratic presidential front-runner and one of his party’s preeminent political strategists — came just weeks before Trump jumped into the GOP race and surged to the front of the crowded Republican field.

The revelation of the call comes as many Republicans have begun criticizing Trump for his ties to Democrats, including past financial donations to the Clintons and their charitable foundation.  (read more)

As a consequence the WaPo article is being promoted by all those with a vested interest in advancing the intent of the fear.  They too have a motive and agenda.  Donald Trump is scaring the hell out of the professional political class:

Take this insufferable psy-ops information at its most intellectual and basic of points.  If you are considering a race for president, and you have a reasonable relationship with a prior president, why wouldn’t you ask them about the experience.

How would this story be spun if he called George W Bush?   Why would you call Dubya knowing the Bush family has a specific vested interest in the race; and more importantly significant influence in the GOP party structure you are forced to work within.

The political right wants to exploit Donald Trump’s non-political nature as a pry-bar to create distance between his supporters and his independent objectivity which they can’t leverage due to financial dependency.

Trump’s campaign is not based on reliance on donors, K-Street, Wall Street, Koch Brothers or other special interests.  His ability to work, think and respond independently, without having to worry about the needs of -or promises to-  the donor class, represents a risk.  In essence Trump can’t be purchased or pressured.

Megyn Kelly has already taken her assigned position to lob the divisive “social issues”; a very specific trap with strong historical success.  Now along comes the Chris Wallace angle to question the “motives, intent and ideology”.  Both Kelly and Wallace are pre-positioned, and both transparently obvious, when you review through the clear-eyed binoculars.

Just like the illegal aliens working on Trump hotels story (WaPo), or Trump resorts using H-2B visa applications for temporary hires story (WaPo), or Trump is a rapist story (Daily Beast, Megyn Kelly), or now Trump is a mole for Clinton story (WaPo), these are all just arrows born of the same quiver.

Republicans-ArtOfWar

Know your enemy better than they know themselves !

Professional Republicans (CoC/GOPe) will tell you:

Donald Trump is taking support from Ted Cruz.

Why?

Not because the CoC/GOPe have an admiration for Cruz, that’s laughable.  It’s specifically because they want conservatives to pull away from Trump.   They can deal with Cruz, they’ve proven that – they can’t deal with Trump.

Donald Trump is really a stealth liberal.

Why?

Not because the CoC/GOPe are fearful of progressive agenda, that’s laughable.  Hell they promote bigger government every chance they get.  It’s specifically because they want conservatives to pull away from Trump.  The GOPe can deal with Walker, Rubio, Perry, Kasich, Christie et al, heck, they already own them.   They can’t purchase Trump.

It’s all about division.  Using fear as a weapon, and dividing the conservative electorate.

Why?

Look at the endgame – Because this is what the CoC/GOPe want:

clinton bush

It’s their Win/Win

If the hierarchy within the republican party loses an election to Democrats it’s only a lost election; they are still there, and still comfortable even in the minority.

However, if the hierarchy within the republican party loses an election to Conservatives, they are out of a job.

This entry was posted in Decepticons, Donald Trump, Election 2016, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

171 Responses to Here We Go – DEFCON 5 Psy-Ops Activated – Left and Right Apoplectic About Donald Trump…

1. bertdilbert says:

That is funny. Talk about fear and then capitalize on fear by showing the pic of Hillary and Jeb. Now that choice would place fear into anyone.

2. sundance says:

3. Here we go, a few weeks ago I posed a question on whether Trump may be working for HRC, ( I was quickly revived thanks to some folks on here ) a moment of weakness? I’m never surprised at the games. Incidentally, I received a email today from Cruz.. I have never signed up for any emails or wrote him over anything. How did he figure out my email? How did he know I was repub/ conserv. ? Trump? I mean I’ve sent trump several emails.. Has to be trumps people.

4. Right you are – and this attempt has been the most transparent of all. Nothing they say is working, so let’s use the “L” word – that’ll get those treasonous, terroristic conservatives. What they forget is that this solid base is not stupid enough to believe the rhetoric they’re putting forth. With the Dem/Lib base, it would be fait accompli – not so with their intended audience here.

5. JRD says:

Wonderful post, sundance!

6. TwoLaine says:

I wonder if FNC or fb will do any “full disclosures” tomorrow evening.
    Turnabout is fair play.
    If we are gonna’ play faux outrage, let’s be fair and balanced.

Let’s see. Kasich is said to have worked for them. Huckabee worked for them. The Don was on F & F at least once a week. Am I missing any?

Then there’s Dana Perino who was a Bushie. Enough. You get the picture, right?

7. A new teapartier says:

Donald Trump is conservative, and he will change America in the right direction. He wants to close the borders to illegal immigrants.

8. onsu says:

Bill Whittle is someone I admire but this is troubling

• Chance says:

I’m really surprised to hear this from these two. They sound just like the GOPe, political class elitist I despise. Praising ‘Amnesty’ Rubio and ‘Common Core’ Bush? I just lost a lot all respect for Clavin and Whittle watching this! But then I’ve never really thought much of “show people” precisely because of this sort of thing.

“You can fool some of the people all of the time, and you can fool all of the people some of the time, but you can’t fool all of the people all of the time!” – P. T. Barnum

• TwoLaine says:

May be the last Bill Whittle I ever watch.
      VERY DISSAPPOINTING!

#OUTOFTOUCH

• bofh says:

…I’m the smartest guy in the room!
      No, I’m the smartest guy in the room!

The “scrimmage to prepare for the big game” analogy was inapt and horrible. At the scrimmage, the QB has already been selected, and everyone is just trying to sharpen up their individual roles. That’s the furthest thing from this situation, where everyone is vying for the QB job. Or are Whittle and the obnoxious guy saying that the QB has already been chosen?

Boo. Very saddened to see Whittle like this.

• Jersey Beach says:

I bet you Donald Trump would make this pledge “I promise you that, if I become your president, I pledge to you my life, my fortune, my sacred honor,” Notice he’s not asking for donations, doesn’t need to. So now PJTV in on the anti-Trump name calling him a clown bandwagon. Great, they lost all respect from me. Bye bye Tweedledee and Tweedledum.

• wondering999 says:

Trump’s not a clown. However, what he has done is definitely entertaining! Prayers for all candidates, and that we can have some competent leaders steering.

• Jersey Beach says:

I wouldn’t call it entertaining, I call it more education and bringing up the problems that plague America aka the truth, with outlining some of his solutions. I’m standing firm on my decision because the corruption in Washington D.C. has to be dealt with, once and for all. IMHO I believe Trump is the right man for the job as the President of the United States of America.

• yankeeintx says:

I think they summed it up rather nicely.

• justfactsplz says:

That is very troubling and disappointing coming from Whittle.

9. TwoLaine says:

I smell fear. Burning scaredy-pants. BBQ anyone? 😉

10. Dixie says:

That article at American Thinker linked on the open thread this morning was another attempt to undermine Trump and place a seed of doubt in the minds of those who support him. Surprises me a little to see this on American Thinker as it is tantamount to a hit piece. For those who didn’t see it:

• kpm58 says:

And to think, it is going to get worse.
      But I see what is being done. I just pray many more people see the same thing.

• Obomination says:

When Rick Moran is one of your editors, you are not a source to be trusted.

• kinthenorthwest says:

As I said we are going to know when Trump takes a dump, has sex, sneezes, when he was conceived and how–H3LL we will probably know more about Trump than he does before the media gives up.
      Difference between Trump and the last GOP contenders is that he will not just sit silently and take it. H3LL Trump’s family and even his ex-wives will not sit silently and take it..
      We need a fighter like Trump in the White House..Someone who will stand up for America, and Americans. We NEED someone who understands and LOVES America…TRUMP is that man.

• Benson II says:

I like American Thinker and I visit daily for their many intelligent articles but they’ve had many, many hit pieces on Trump. The fun part is reading the comment section after one of these pieces. Trump supporter do not hold back.
      Trump/2016

11. hocuspocus13 says:

I have always admired the Trump Family and their Clean Successful Conservative LifeStyle ✌

12. smiley says:

Fortunately, Trump is very savvy to the MSM, as are most voters who are completely fed up with this type of shenanigans.
    we see through this ploy.
    if the Clintons were conspiring with Trump, they wouldn’t do it in a phone call.
    Trump strikes me as a man who makes his own decisions…and he has been talking about running for a number of years.
    I am not looking forward, at all, to the humorless condescending pill, Wallace.
    or his female colleague hosting these “debates”.
    but…such is politricks.

13. Sam says:

This is an old marketing strategy that I recognize from the computer business. IBM was once the dominant power and they used Fear, Uncertainty and Doubt (FUD) if they suspected you were even thinking about buying a competitor’s products. The salesman would say “But can XYZ provide the kind of worldwide support that we can? We have technical experts in all the cities where your company has a presence and we can be on site within 30 minutes. How do you know XYZ’s product will do what they say? I heard your CEO has a preference for IBM. And how easy is it to operate? Our product is really easy and we use classes to teach your users that I will throw in at no extra cost. XYZ’s product sounds overly complicated and you pay extra for classes.”

The GOPe and their allies aren’t quite that blatant. Yet. But they are out to plant fear, uncertainty and doubt in the minds of conservative voters because they know the base is unhappy with them. And they are out to sell us the proverbial bill of goods.

14. TwoLaine says:

I Think,
    At some point tomorrow night,
    Trump needs to say,
    LOUDLY AND PROUDLY!

I BUILT THAT!

I would go through each D, I & R Slogan, and throw them back in their face, starting with Hope & Change! Everyone knows he can beat the R’s. The I’s & the D’s are mincemeat too.

MORE Dumb Political Class:

Tagline Guru Releases Survey Of 2016 U.S. Presidential Campaign Slogans
    ByPR Newswire Follow | 08/04/15 – 09:03 AM EDT

Did you see where they placed Trump? Do we have a hash tag yet for #OUTOFTOUCH?

• TwoLaine says:

This is the “professionals” ranking. Ha Ha Ha!

From Hope to Higher Ground – Mike Huckabee
      Ready to Be Commander-In-Chief on Day One – Lindsey Graham
      Gilmore for America – Jim Gilmore
      Heal. Inspire. Revive. – Dr. Ben Carson

• Judgy says:

Nothing’s ever HER fault!–Hillary Clinton

• Phooey says:

The fact that ¡Jeb! is actually running on and is not rated dead last for that pathetic, throwaway slogan says something about the predetermined GOPe big picture.

Why try when you know you already have it in the bag? And why try as POTUS when you’re just a drone carrying out the CoC agenda?

15. BobNoxious says:

I respect this blog and its people; and I especially enjoy the breaking news research threads (shootings, etc.). As a result of that respect and me not wanting to feel like “that guy” this will likely be my last comment on the Trump threads for some time.

I agree that there have been some cheap shot articles directed at the Donald lately- that’s not debatable, however, I think it’s unfair to tag Megyn Kelly w/ responsibility for the Daily Beast rape article- she mentioned it once the night it broke but then quickly dismissed it as a nothing burger that was unfair. I also still cannot understand the anger at her interview last night- if Ted Cruz cannot quickly explain why he is a better candidate than Trump w/out insulting Trump in the process, then he isn’t qualified to be president. It’s politics 101 to be able to give an answer as to why you are the best candidate, period.

However, what troubles me most is that it appears as though anyone who dares to look into Trumps past political positions, stances, etc. is labeled some sort of establishment status quo proponent hack. The reason that troubles me is b/c the last time people just “listened to the message” while ignoring the candidate’s past we ended up with Obama… I’m not saying Trump will be Obama- what I am saying is we should look at his past- extensively- and get answers before dismissing it in favor of his present statements.

Once he has answered those questions only then will we have the necessary info to decide whether his present stance outweighs his past. That’s my 2 cents.

Respectfully,

Bob

• If that’s your justification for leaving this thread or any other than you do yourself and all the dis-service of not having the courage to speak to those beliefs. I AM NOT calling you a coward. Information, no matter how palatable, has value.

• Les says:

Anybody who thinks they are always right is wrong. You know that. This was a well-written post and I can tell you thought about what you were going to say before you posted it (I could use some of that!). For my part, I like to read opposing sides. It gives me something new to consider and irritates the attack sheep. I know you aren’t a button-pusher, but I think you are reasonable and your posts are helpful.

If you don’t want to be in the fray I totally understand. You probably get enough of that at work. If you are retired, you probably still have a crawfull. (I made that word up for you. haha)

• BobNoxious says:

As a guest on someone’s blog, I just don’t want to be “that guy” that is always popping up to shoot down certain opinions of the man who run’s the blog (I assume sundance is a man). That’s all. I feel I’ve made my voice heard on this issue to the extent possible w/out crossing into then annoying/disrespectful territory for the time being.

• Les says:

I imagine he appreciates respectful dissenting opinions. You are always respectful. I know I would get tired of “yes men” and would appreciate other points of view.

I don’t picture sundance as having thin skin. If you get out of line, stella or Sharon or WW will nip you and let you know.

Anyway, maybe you have said all you needed to say on the matter. It’s healthy to let some stuff go. We vote alone.

• 1hear2learn says:

I don’t disagree with your post Bob, except that I know I don’t want more of the same from Republican leadership we keep getting and right now I agree with Sundance that the current GOPe election process is geared for Bush being the candidate and Trump is currently the only hope we have to upset that apple cart.

• sundance says:

Bob, you are not “that guy” so don’t worry about it. Also, don’t worry about expressing an opinion that you don’t trust Trump. Neither are the issue.

I have been transparent with my personal support for Trump, and the specific reason for it. I want the GOPe torn down and nuked from orbit regardless of consequence, because I’m sick of having to be brutalized and used by Republican liars.

So for me, the elimination of the GOPe is ultimately more valuable than anything else. Walker, Bush, Rubio, Kasich, Perry, Christie, Huckabee et al will never destroy the GOPe, they themselves are part of the apparatus.

Rand Paul and Ted Cruz have shown an inability and unwillingness to do it also (See VA, KY and MS primary 2014 – they supported the CoC McConnell/Boehner team). They lost me with their self-serving refusal to charge, when charging mattered most.

Carson, Fiorina and Jindal are dependent on $$$ and therefore unable to walk into the office and destroy the people who purchased it for them.

Pataki, Gilmore, Graham or other, are all part of the problem – not the solution.

So who does that leave me with?

Trump.

I want the Republican ‘Big Government’ Party, as it is currently constructed, destroyed. DESTROYED. I want it replaced with America First Conservatism. However, I am clear-eyed that Trump is quite possibly not the guy to rebuild. And that’s OK.

I supported Scott Brown not to support Scott Brown, but to stop Obamacare. The effort failed, but the effort was a valid fight. Scott Brown was a tool, a means to an end.

Likewise, we need to use Trump to destroy the GOP. It might not succeed, but again, it’s a worthy endeavor.

Once that’s done, and that means ridding Boehner and McConnell ideologues too, then maybe we can rebuild an actual 2nd party.

• Ziiggii says:

SD, I know you have stated this exact thing in other posts, but I think it may well serve a very useful purpose to state this as bluntly as you have here. It is a worthy statement to be given it’s own article.

I was in the mists of writing a reply to Bob along these same lines (you do it so much more eloquently than I ever could). I am not completely on the Trump train, but as a means to an end…. I’ll buy a ticket and hope the train doesn’t derail!

• BobNoxious says:

Understood.

I’m just not there yet- to want to blow it all up. I’m still of the belief it’s easier and better to get the WH back first- even if I have to hold my nose and support Bush in the end- and then go to work fixing the party. I do not want Bush to win the nomination- as of today Walker is my preferred candidate- but I will support any R over the D next election, no matter what.

I’m TERRIFIED of what 4 more years of democrats in the WH will do to this country. IMO, Bush, even if the worst that is thought about him is true, is 1000x better for this country than Hillary.

• Ziiggii says:

I think that is the ultimate misnomer; that things will be better just because there is an R in the WH. I think the ruse was up back in November when Boehner and McConnell were reelected for leadership. There is no difference in ideology with the Dem’s and the eGOP RINO’s. I even made a statement to that effect earlier in the year when I told everyone that I had changed to an Independent because I had lost all hope in the “Grand ‘ol Party” ship being righted.

There is a reason the RINO term fits a lot, if not most, (R)’s in Congress; IN NAME ONLY! It was/is a great strategy for the Progs to be on both sides of the aisle.

• BobNoxious says:

They are dealing with a D in the WH so I don’t see the point of jumping on them- they really can’t get anything done like repeal Obamacare, etc. Rs don’t have veto proof majority so jumping on them seems like wasted breath to me.

Yes, they’ve been frustrating but they really don’t have much power so long as a D has the signing pen. If they continued to act as such with a Repub in the WH, I’d start to share the frustration.

• Ziiggii says:

I respect your hope in the GOP and your opinion. I for one would not want to see you sit silently in the corner when you have valid points to bring to the table.

It’s just my opinion that this last mid-term separated the wheat from the chaff and it’s time for the chaff to be sent to the fire.

• joanfoster says:

I am hoping to hear one of these candidates and I hope it’s Trump, say they will not only repeal Obamacare, but repeal each and every Executive Order signed by Obama during his 8 years in office and that he will do it before the first dance at the Inaugural Ball.

• SouthCentralPA says:

I’ve got to say I’m with BN on this. I have some heavy-duty family responsibilities so I’m not always up on what has and has not been discussed here to death, but I must say I, for one, found Sarah Hoyt’s Winter at Valley Forge persuasive.

Make no mistake. Any Donk in the current field would create a Supreme Court that overturns Heller, would take the incumbent’s President’s amnesties as a starting point, and inflict a dark night upon America from which she may or may not recover.

We are within a decade of most of the worst GOPe Senators flat-out dying, at which point they may be replaced by Cruzes and Lees. We have not yet won our battle with the Bushes of the world, but electing people like Ernst of Iowa, replacing Cantor, heck getting a Cruz instead of a Dewhurst (a GOPe decepticon extraordinaire if ever there was one). We’re winning. Are we getting everything we want (yet)? No. Are we making progress? Yes. Is it as fast as we’d like? NO.

The analogy is imperfect, but I believe that we’re still at the point where giving BHO’s poisons another four years to work in our body politic (which is what happens if Trump goes Perot) is like burning your house down because you have termites.

And, while I’m here I’ll just say that you may have been a little too quick to dismiss Walker. The GOPe types may think they can control him. So did the Wisconsin and national democrat parties. He showed them different, and I think we can still hold out hope he will give the GOPe the same finger.

Lastly, and then I too will sit back for a while, I find this picture every bit as disturbing as the picture of Jeb Arbusto with Valerie Jarrett:

(if the caption doesn’t come through, it’s Trump and his wife with the Clintons at his wedding)

• jackphatz says:

Voting for Jeb ,that would be like voting for the one person who I know to be against everything I believe in, like a Democrat. I have no problem Not voting for Jeb, Rubio, Kasich, Perry, Christie, Graham, etc.
        I have been voting for 45 years. For 45 years I’ve been lied to by the Republican Party. In these last ones left I need to do something different.

• wanthetruth says:

What I don’t understand is why you don’t look into his past extensively if you want that done. Trump has lived his life very publicly. Do you think he has hidden parts of himself so he can defraud the R’s?

I have seen innuendo about Donald and his motives. I have seen questions regarding his thoughts /policies he hasn’t yet addressed.

What I haven’t seen are sources cited for where these questions are rising out of. The video from the 1988 Oprah discussion showed him expressing almost word for word what he stated when he first spoke of running. What and where these great unknowns you seek supposed to be found?

• judyw says:

“the last time people just ‘listened to the message”’while ignoring the candidate’s past we ended up with Obama”. IMO Barack Obama’s past was not ignored but consistently every time when it was close to being exposed, obfuscation Alisky style was the response. I believe people may have listened but failed to hear or even try to understand the message. We can all remember how “Joe the Plumber” revealed BO’s position on wealth redistribution and there was agreement in the message from both BO and MO:

“We are five days away from fundamentally transforming the United States of America.” — Barack Obama, October 30, 2008
      “We are going to have to change our conversation; we’re going to have to change our traditions, our history; we’re going to have to move into a different place as a nation.” — Michelle Obama, May 14, 2008

And the success of his handlers keeping themselves and his past “hidden” prepared the perfect blank screen for anyone to project any meaning they chose to those words. Many I believe were just caught up in the “rock concerts” that preceded the campaign speeches. Any church choir director can speak to the power of music on the whole experience of people in any service. It is a proven fact that music often stays with a person far longer than what is taught or preached. That works the same in politics.

What also works in politics and the media is feeding egos to manipulate people like Megan Kelly who has shifted her demeanor as she prepares to move to a bigger stage. I was never a fan of Trump and disliked his demeanor even to the point I could not watch the speech of his announcement. Then I began reading here about a different side of him through commentary by Sundance and comments of others on the threads with links to audio/video/articles that further my understanding of how Trump’s life experiences have prepared him for playing on “our side” of this international fiasco we are living in. He is well versed in how to “follow the money” internationally and he is using his own money in this effort..

What I see most in his past is that he allowed himself to be mentored by his father in his profession. He loves his business that he has created and appreciates those who work with him in his “creations” that he wants people to enjoy. He freely admits mistakes and sees himself as a better father than a husband. He seems plays the game of life to win and have fun in the process. And he takes advice to explore more fun as suggested by Sundance to turn his cell phone into a marketing tool 🙂

• yankeeintx says:

I feel exactly the same way. People downplayed Obama’s past as Republicans just “fearmongering”. We are being asked to understand that people and beliefs evolve over time, and that people do change. I’ve been told to remember that Reagan was once a Democrat too. All of it to explain away a complete 180 on just about every major issue. There are a lot of major concerns, and I’m not just going to ignore them. I read these threads in amazement, but rarely comment because I am odd (wo)men out.

• keebler AC says:

Maybe the frustration you feel from reading here is that the GOPe candidates like Scott Walker are GOPe because they/he stands for open borders, amnesty, common core……..

What these candidates stand for have nothing to do with Trump. Why browbeat Trump when it’s the establishment candidates which aren’t up to par? He’s not to be a scapegoat, nor should he be for the media, the populace and frustrated/non-agreeing factions of the GOP. And neither ought to be Cruz being snarkily pummeled for standing up to Megyn Kelly. Yes, it was snarky particularly how she ended the interview. Let’s call it what it was.

Different from Obama, Trump has a proven record of excellence. The fact that he switched from Democrat to Republican means he discovered he didn’t like being a Democrat. Is that wrong? Many including Breitbart and Reagan were also Democrats.

I think it’s unfair to leave a comment accusing the blog of being something you dislike and no longer wish to participate in because your candidate is failing as a Conservative with his position. Don’t blame the blog and don’t blame Trump.

• realitycheck says:

“Trump has a proven record of excellence” …Just because people keep repeating this, doesn’t make it so

• judyw says:

“Just because people keep repeating ” is right on track but the fact that
          his proven record of excellence” continues on every front even as he has added a political campaign to his overall landscape. Building projects and other business endeavors have not missed a beat and he is still on top of it all with a clarity that is rare in today’s world and would likely bring this country “back from the brink”..

16. formercanuck says:

Personally, I think in the long term, Trump may end up running on his own as an independent. Primarily – eGOP wants to keep their status quo and dog/pony show. Democrats don’t have much – Bernie (too social) and Hillary (evil/rotten to the core), and Obama’s legacy (similar to Bush’s old legacy – people will flee the party). Sad thing – many of the real bottom feeders don’t mind Obama, main stream America has been gutted in this past 4 years.

17. wyntre says:

Is the GOP Debate a Dim-set-up?

Why is the POS sending out twitter and email blasts urging dims to tune-in to the debate?
    Why is Facebook partnering with Fox news?

Why is my ultra-lib conservative-hating sister expressing such an interest in watching this debate?

(Also, it seems clear Kasich has always known he would make the final cut. Probably negotiated when Ohio was chosen as the first debate site.)

I trust NOTHING about tomorrow’s circus, including the much-puffed up and increasingly obnoxious Megyn Kelly.

I am also turned off by the Fox Channel’s non-stop hyping of this event. It seems awfully unprofessional to report on it to the exclusion of other breaking news, including the POS’s harpooning of Repubs in his pro-Iran Deal speech today

(Whew. Got all that off my chest)

18. 1hear2learn says:

On “The Five” today, they made a big deal about how the moderators will cut off the candidates if they go over on time, or don’t follow the rules. All of which would be fine to discuss, however in this instance I’m sure you all will be shocked to hear that this was discussed in relation to The Donald. Blatantly obvious they will be gunning for Trump.

I was pleasantly surprised to see Mark Levine on Special Report with George Will. Question posed about the R base being angry which Mark down played, not because, IMO, he doesn’t know that we are, but because he didn’t want to let them frame us as the crazy, angry mob. Will then made a comment about 1/2 the party is always angry that candidates are never conservative enough and want to select the most conservative candidate, but the other 1/2 is interested in finding a candidate that can win the general election. What a jackazz, and Mark made sure he pointed out the ridiculousness of that statement in that we have lost repeatedly with those supposed candidates and that, like with Reagan, we would win with a real conservative.

I wish Mark would get on tv more, not just Hannity, and share his POV. Sadly we seem to only see him on other shows when he is promoting a book.

19. fred says:

To me the most concerning group today on the political landscape are women. American women.They will support Hillary full well knowing she is as close to a criminal as it gets, an inveterate liar and a do nothing politician representing the far left. They close their eyes and don’t want to hear the negatives and have some innate power to shut it out of their minds. They are the nurturers and earth mothers. I’ve lived with many. But this group of women are a new creature and now to watch them defend these atrocities on unborn is blowing my mind. I would let not a woman like that even come in my house. How is it possible the mothers and peacemakers are mentally capable of going against human nature in their own DNA for millions of years.

• rhobin8301 says:

Don’t paint women with such a broad stroke, please. Not all American women are going to jump on Hillary’s bandwagon. Some are still capable of making good decisions 😉

• janc1955 says:

For what it’s worth, according to the polls Fox reports on, HRC is dropping like a rock with white American women in precisely the demographic they expected to win. So there’s that. Of course, the country is full of ignorant women, just as it’s full of ignorant men… so there’s also the low-info female crowd to content with.

What gives me some small hope is knowing that many people in American no longer trust Obama as far as they can throw him, and with Hillary’s email eruptions just the latest in a long line of the shady and the sketchy, people may be facing the reality that HRC is no more trustworthy that the current occupant of the WH. And I think people are still looking for someone they can trust, even in this upside down world we now live in.

• judyw says:

Hmm….I see some that would fit into the group you are concerned about but they are the minority. I am not in that minority. 🙂

20. MfM says:

If it was Clinton calling Trump, he was likely just looking for money.

21. Jersey Beach says:

They can’t stop him from speaking the truth on what needs to be done, so what do they do, attack him without merit. They can’t stop his support from growing, so what do they do, write false allegations and use fear. They may as well accept it, Donald Trump is in it for the long haul, so the more they hate him, (it’s in actuality saying they hate us for not allowing another establishment Republican in WH) the stronger his support grows.

I believe this country is waking up to the lies of the D’s & R’s and from what I’m gathering looking at local voter registry, many are undecided. They know our politicians are lying @#^**&()( (fill that in with your own expletives 😉 ) Donald Trump needs to keep coming out swinging and standing strong against those who are trying to take him out of the race early. His support is growing because his message is on target. Bless him.

22. manickernel says:

I was wrong about Trump not appealing to the middle/Independents. And trying to tag him as somehow playing both sides will backfire and only garner him more support. I don’t think labels matter that much anymore, well except for “socialist” and “wingnut”.

23. doodahdaze says:

Love it! Defcon. Decepticon. Establicrat, Panic sets in. Media is losing their hold on the minds of many formerly afflicted conservatives. The RINO/crat coalition is going down.

24. doodahdaze says:

Beware the Palinistas. This is JMO but consider the source of Palin. McCain!

• Ziiggii says:

JMO, Palin was “used” by the McCain camp to draw in a certain voter base. That would include a sizable number of conservatives in a particular age demography that was a huge supporter of her.

But I’d love to understand your position on watching out for her? Why? How is she going to influence the Trump campaign (negatively or positively)?

She has been mostly irrelevant as far as influencing national political debate.

• narciso says:

Really now, she was a very significant player in scouting out cruz, tapped walker when he was a little known county exec. What you need to know is there was something called the Jones memo. That was circulated during the 2008 campaign, that proved McCain three that election, making her the scapegoat that was Schmidt who works for Perry and Nicole Wallace’s job

• Monroe says:

Many Clinton Dems/Blue Dog Dems hopped over to support Palin for a variety of reasons. Some were feminists (not the feminazis) and some were the Country First Coalition. Support of Palin was not necessarily support for McCain. Also, McCain did not treat Palin well.

McCain selected Palin as part of a deal with the Clinton Dem group. Give us a woman and we gave him already deployed on the ground campaign support/networks. Clinton Dems briefed the McCain team on various states. Essentially, we ran their campaign in some areas.

But Palin was not our choice.

Blue Dog Dems share many values with the conservatives.

• Monroe says:

Also, some of the Palin groups are closely tied with the Country First Coalition and have created highly followed Twitter feeds and possess an extensive communication network.

25. dizzymissl says:

Check this out!

Big Donors Warn Candidates On Eve Of Debate: “Take Trump Out”

Read more at http://dcwhispers.com/big-donors-warn-candidates-on-eve-of-debate-take-trump-out/#b3gCTlXKwqIuB7DB.99

• janc1955 says:

Guess those Big Donors don’t get it yet that Trump-bashing tomorrow night will do one thing. It will increase Trump’s performance in the polls. Doesn’t matter who does it, either. Could be Megyn. Could be Rick Perry. Won’t matter. Take cheap shots at DT at your own peril, folks.

26. James F says:

A pivate call?

Wow!

Not just any phone call. A PRIVATE CALL!

Are most of Clinton’s call private calls public? Where are all these public calls publicized at?

27. Clc says:

Since Fox and 15 Republicans are sharpening their long knives tonight, if I were Trump, I would wear an open carry .45 on my hip tomorrow. Always best to bring a gun to a knife fight.😀

28. georgiafl says:

Has Trump started organizing at the grass roots level and filled out the requisite forms in all the states? Last time around, some conservatives were not on the ballots in every state.

This would be an indication that he is serious and not just running interference for Hillary and the Democrats.

29. BarneyBoneYard says:

I once told a fish to swim. He took my sage advice.

30. Allen says:

One or two debates, OK. Eleven? That many only serves one purpose…to allow the media yo reload with gotcha questions that have no basis other than entertainment. We’re sick and tired about gays and abortion, they’re here already. Any candidate could prove they have merit by refusing the dog and pony media roasting. I’d be satisfied if they all refused more than 2 debates. The media does not serve to inform anymore, only destroy.

31. kinthenorthwest says:

Check this out Guys — Great Video from some GREAT Trump Fans

32. chili palmer says:

As to meeting with possible opponents in advance of big moves such as running for office, it’s done every day as a courtesy and is smart politics. Trump has been around a long time, has socialized with the Clintons. It’s very flattering to give a heads up to those who could give you trouble. Bill Clinton was given that courtesy which at minimum was flattering to him. Trump is by no means global warming magnate Bloomberg, but Bloomberg did something similar in NYC and it worked for him. When Bloomberg wanted to get a NYC Mayor term limits law changed to allow him to run for a third term, he secretly met with the publishers of three local papers ahead of time to let them know what he wanted to do. They were so flattered that he consulted with them that their newspapers all approved the idea when the issue came up.

33. Aslan's Girl says:

Another nothingburger. The press/GOPe will never learn.

34. dizzymissl says:

OMG, The Donald re-tweeted me–how cool!!

In case you are interested–found this on twitter:

Haven’t vetted it at all, but thought I would put it here in case anyone wants to check it out.

35. Ziiggii says:

Just thought I’d post this for anyone who hasn’t seen it yet…

Download the Fox News Election HQ 2016 App to score candidates during the debates and to interact with Fox News personalities on social media in real-time. Plus, the app will keep users up-to-date with all the action on the 2016 presidential campaign trail.
    iTunes: http://apple.co/1SQUN64
    Android: http://bit.ly/1OTjyhP
    -AND-
    Keep up with the best debate moments as they happen and weigh in using #GOPDebate on Twitter.

36. Ellie says:

I’m scerd….still voting for Trump! At least he knows who he would be working for!!!!

37. Sandra says:

Is FOX pushing Rubio or something ? Or are they doing Luntz-led “focus groups” on all of the candidates ? I just about barfed when a woman said Rubio reminds her of JFK.

38. joshua says:

The group self hype on Kelly show was juvenile and pathetic tonite…like a bunch of sneaky cheerleaders planning a bully prank on the other team’s cheerleaders…none of them will carry the ball personally or do the heavy lifting….just scream from the sidelines …”OUR TEAM IS RED HOT, YOUR TEAM IS ALL SHOT”….BLAH BLAH….nothing to do with winning a real contest…just how to embarrass or harm the other side favorites. Disgusting of Fox. Snarksville on Parade.

39. TwoLaine says:

It’s the rumor that kept being passed from person to person, and by the time it was done, it resembled nothing said or done.

SHAME!
    SHAME!!
    SHAME ON YOU!!!

40. Heru Ammen says:

I’m not a Trump fan. However your assessment and critique of the Washington political class is spot on! Truth is a beautiful thing.

41. joshua says:

Maybe Bill Clinton called Trump and he just wanted to ask Trump if he could borrow his plane to fly to his pedophile island for some young girl action. Heck, never bothered Billy just askin for contributions and fees any other time….and Trump DOES have the best plane around.

42. czarowniczy says:

I feel that if the Republicans lose the 2016 election they are effectively a dead minority party. As it stands they are largely a party of the non-urban areas. As urban strip city populations increase along with new immigrant populations and the … ummm … ‘pressures’ of a diverse population having to live nose-to-nose with each other increase the Democrats will be seen as a uniting head-in-the-sand safety force and Republicans as divisive.
    Trump’s got more money than Croesas and win or lose he’s coming out on top as a celeb – which is where I believe he wants to be. It’s not so much actually running for the presidency with The Donald as it is keeping his persona at the front of public attention – he’s got the money and needs the attention. Come on, he knows how the game’s played, he knows that as a political product he has to be packaged and sold to a wider audience than the Republican right to be marketable. He just ain’t doing it, he’s creating a media splash and playing straight into the hands of the DemocRATic fear-wranglers.

43. crazy says:

Hillary is bad for Bill’s business but Hillary’s candidacy is good for business. Bubba needs her to lose respectfully.