Cincinnati Police Chief Reverses Course – Now Calls Mob Beating A “Hate Crime”…

[However] Mayor John Cranley said “Saturday night was unacceptable”, but called it a one-time event. He blamed poor planning for the problems, including too few officers and allowing a concert aimed at teenagers to end after the city’s curfew. (link)

cincy suspects 2CINCINNATI Ohio – Cincinnati Police Chief Jeffrey Blackwell has reconsidered and is asking Hamilton County Prosecutor Joe Deters to pursue hate crime charges in the Government Square attack that left a white man beaten and bloody on the Fourth of July.

Police Officer Alicia Essert called the beating “anti-white” in the incident report, but at a news conference about the incident, Cincinnati Police Capt. Mike Neville backed off that claim, calling it a “mistake.”

“In many cases, a hate/bias relationship between the offender(s) and suspect(s) may not be easily apparent at the time of, or even shortly after the commission of the offense,” police spokeswoman Tiffaney Hardy said in a release. “Often, hate/bias elements become evident only after thorough investigation and review of the available evidence.”

Christopher McKnight, 27, of Albany, Indiana, suffered a broken nose and concussion in the beating. He was released from the hospital Sunday night.

Two officers were injured while trying to control a crowd at Fountain Square that spilled onto Government Square. (read more)

This entry was posted in Agitprop, Anti-White Intifada, BGI - Black Grievance Industry, Cultural Marxism, Death Threats, Dept Of Justice, media bias, Polar Bear Hunting, Police action, Political correctness/cultural marxism, Professional Idiots, propaganda, Racism, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

59 Responses to Cincinnati Police Chief Reverses Course – Now Calls Mob Beating A “Hate Crime”…

1. Nanny G says:

I’m glad the police chief has reconsidered.
    Too bad the Democrat Mayor won’t.

2. Allen says:

See…it’s more “Climate Change,” just like Barry said!
    Where’s Al & Jesse?
    Marilyn Mosby would surely straighten things out once she sets the stage.

3. Daniel says:

Keep the pressure up. Keep the conversation going. Keep the sunlight on them. We are witnessing and participating in the push-back against the cultural-Marxist political correctness social disease engineered and spread decades ago.

Keep talking. Spread reason and logic.

4. shirley49 says:

Mistake my butt. They knew what it was.

5. LEO says:

Great work Sundance, we also posted Update and shared your article in our post.

• Ziiggii says:

Thank you for the post LEO.

for others here is the article embedded in LEO’s facebook posting which is about the current Prosecutor’s son being attacked back in 2014:

They charged the guys that attack the son and his friends with the new fad “ethnic intimidation” which is not on par with a Federal Hate Crime, it’s a cop out charge IMHO.

• Meyer says:

Oh, how I wish I did not read that article. SMH.
        Guessing ethnic intimidation is the new PC term for white victims.
        Legal analysts out there . . . . what is the legal difference between ‘ethnic intimidation’ and ‘hate crime’.

• Ziiggii says:

apparently the legal difference does not matter. Remember the case a few weeks back about the white lady that was pushed out into on coming traffic by a black guy while he screamed something about “I hate white people!”. Yeah he was also charged with “ethnic intimidation” as well…. no that wouldn’t constitute a Federal Hate Crime at all I guess.

• smiley says:

reminds me of Benghazi

6. archer52 says:

Somebody must have turned up the volume on the video!

“Ahh, THAT hate crime!”

• Judgy says:

So, I have a few questions. There’s a white guy seen laughing in the video. Not beating, but certainly not helping (don’t we have some laws against that–“not helping”? That’s not my MAIN concern however).

It seems QUITE apparent these days that nobody is now better at Hating White People than Other White People. Man, they are GOOD at it!

So…..will that be a new “Hate Crime” development? I mean, I definitely realize that whites are the antithesis of a “protected class”, but they have seemed to indicate that “white privilege” gives one an especially uncaring outlook, pretty much makes you better at hating. Whites are assumed to have a better platform to hate from!

If a white beats up another white, b/c that white “hates blacks”, can we stick that into this “Hate Crime” morass? Not like it would ever get prosecuted anyway!

7. Tkim says:

What will be their defense? Oh yes, as we heard from the FSU quarterback, the Texas pool party fighters, and most violence caught on video: right before that white person was attacked? He/she/they used a racial slur. So…there ya go…

• Judgy says:

Sometimes I really believe that certain groups of the lowest of lo-info blacks think that if someone calls them the n-word, that it would be perfectly reasonable to then murder that person. And that they shouldn’t even be prosecuted for it. I think some Libs believe that too.

8. Rob Crawford says:

Someone said, “take this seriously or the All-Star game is cancelled”.

9. georgiafl says:

There may be more of this with the help of MTV’s new ‘White People’ program (probably sponsored by Soros, NAN, the New Ack-blay Anthers-pay and of course, the Nation of Islam with a lot of help from the administration.).

• Judgy says:

Last year, VH-1 produced a gleeful six-part-series entitled “The Tanning of America”. They’re SO excited!

Why does it have to be either/ or? Why can’t it be cool that minorities are making some really impressive advances, without everyone getting all “In your FACE, crackas!” about it??

Oh, never mind. I think I might know why. Thanks, Obama!

10. Michael H. Albiniak says:

So “the hate/bias relationship between the offender(s) and victim(s) may not be easily apparent at the time…” Seems to me when the races of the two are reversed it
    is immediately apparent to some………………………….

11. beaujest says:

It was the” video ” that caused it !

• auscitizenmom says:

Yeah, because it couldn’t possibly be the CULTURE of barbarians and the permissive lawlessness of the barbarians in this country.

12. Lee Jan says:

Fountain Square is a Cincinnati treasure. Furthermore, Procter and Gamble is a huge huge presence right across the street from the Square. Most likely they were not amused by the riot and the commentary in the aftermath.

13. Santiago says:

Colin Flaherty
    Don’t make the black kids angry
    Or white girl bleed a lot
    Check out his videos
    Hundreds of examples all over the country of black on white crime!

Pass it on the media won’t

14. mariner says:

If one black person attacked one white person, maybe the motivation isn’t clear even if very likely.

When a mob of black people attack one white person it’s very clearly a hate crime.

I noted that responding officers considered the incident an anti-white hate crime, but their PC superiors didn’t disclose that.

15. It was the White Guy’s fault for coming to the concert ….

16. Wow! A police chief calling it what it is. It’s as rare as catching a leprechaun riding a unicorn.

17. czarowniczy says:

The chief’s appointed, not elected, so it might be a move to keep him and the department from being sacrificed by the ‘leadership’.
    Generally a chief doesn’t speak 180-degrtees from the mayor without flame and brimstone, possibly followed by a pink slip, coming his way, but it appears Chief Blackwell’s been active in not only working directly with the community but rebuilding what appears to be an ‘ignored’ department.
    My opinion is that he isn’t that worried about job security, it’s community first that’s tops in his book and not throwing bones to the elected pols, this may also force the issue with the public as when a chief starts talking plain truth and not political smoke the public tends to listen. Let’s see what he says next and what the pol’s reactions are to the truth.

18. jakeandcrew says:

The video in this article is longer than any I’ve seen before. There’s not necessarily anything of importance – more inside the bus, no more of the fight – but then I didn’t hear everything that was said.

“Hate crimes”- I honestly don’t understand why we have to have that special designation – in either direction. Anyone causing injury to another person like that is obviously motivated by hate. Why do we have to dig deeper, and find out the reason for the hatred, if it’s racism, or something else. Does it matter? The attacker(s) should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law, regardless.

I’m seriously asking. Is there any benefit to labeling an attack a hate crime? Does knowing that a hate crime will be prosecuted more severely hold someone back from commiting a crime? Is it a deterrent? On the other hand, doesn’t that label cause more polarization of the races?

A couple of observations about this instance ~

There was one guy, a tall black man in a red shirt, that kept pushing the two main black fighters off. I really think he was trying to break it up. It would have been nice if someone had helped him. Another thing, the white guy, Christopher, had several chances to walk away. At least that’s what I thought – when he was putting his shoe back on, for one thing. Then, there were two more times when red t-shirt guy had pushed one of the black guys off of him, that Christopher walked back towards the fight, when it seems like he could have just walked away.

Between the two videos, we’re obviously missing some time, because Christopher is still walking at the end of the first one, and he’s on the ground, unconscious I think, in the second. He looks to be in a different place in the second video. The sidewalk is very different. We don’t see him put on the ground. Maybe he was attacked by more than just a handful after the first video.

Just some thoughts – really want to hear yours.

• I agree with your observations about the man in the red shirt, and the curious behavior of the white victim. As for your questions about the (apparent) need to designate some crimes as “Hate Crimes” I can only point out that this is a designation mainly reserved when prosecuting whites, and (most often) is not considered when it is a white victim of black racism. Yes, it perpetuates the optic of racism—but only white racism–which is exactly what the BGI and perpetual victim class want. SO much easier to get reparations from wherever when the dust settles.

on that note, explain to me why our current (black) Atty General wants to expedite a $29 MILLION pay off to the families of the Charleston shooting? What makes them eligible for any type of government payout? Isn’t that what insurance is supposed to do?

• I believe it’s referred to as Social Justice, or something made up. Some redicilous theory that only white people could possibly be racist.. Only white people are capable of hate.. It’s lunacy

• Judgy says:

Yes. Or it perpetuates the Anti-Gay bias. It’s also MUCH more attention-getting! Almost a form of advertising.

To your other point–I daresay they’re getting paid just b/c of the sheer heinousness of the crime, maybe no other reason. We already know Being Black pays. Perhaps Being Black, and ostensibly GOOD, gets an extra Church Bonus? I’m not even positive I would mind so much, if there were ANY fairness involved. But…….will there be any govt $$$$ for Kate Steinle?

• jakeandcrew says:

Good point about Kate! And in her case, the government does share the responsibility!

• frank says:

Hmmm…forgive me for saying but you seem to miss the point, this instituted death to whites by way of Cultural Marxism, IS the government.
            The issue of unabated and under prosecuted hatred toward whites was no different during the last GOP administration.
            Those behind this are those who decides who gets elected to POTUS, and the biparty system represents two sides of the same coin.
            Electing another puppet who pledges his, or her, allegiance to foreign interests and Big Business will do nothing to alleviate the problem.

• Yep, last Admin.. That’s when it became overtly obvious to me. Seemed like it favored Muslims a bit more then, at least to me.

• jakeandcrew says:

I just found it ironic that such a huge amount of $ was going to the SC families, and we can pretty well predict that Kate’s family will not receive the same – when there is such a clear, direct line from the government’s policies and unlawful acts to Kate’s death. The liability seems greater, but they probably won’t do anything for her family unless forced to, by the courts.

It’s not thepoint, just a point. 😉

• Judgy says:

Speaking of points, Megyn Kelly just made an EXCELLENT one. Why does Obama send Holder and the DOJ to represent at the CRIMINAL Mike Brown’s funeral, and three reps to the funeral of the CRIMINAL Freddie Gray………yet NO ONE to the funeral of a beautiful, innocent, employed & all-around upstanding citizen, Kate Steinle????

It is a FANTASTIC point–one he should be made to ANSWER for (I won’t hold my breath).

• jakeandcrew says:

Because they do not really care about people – only their agenda. Cold-hearted. Stone cold.

• jakeandcrew says:

Thanks, LJP –

If it’s only considered a hate crime when the victim is black, that’s racism right there – because they’re saying a black life has more value, and demands a greater punishment, than a white life.

Don’t they see that they’re not following Dr.King’s dream? They’re just trying to get to the other side of the same pre-civil rights coin. They are judging people by the color of their skin, and not their character. The BGI is not looking for equality – they just want vengeance. And that is not going to help anyone.

I really am tired of being called a racist – of being called a racist nation, a racist political party, a racist denomination, a racist of any sort. I don’t have a racial bone in my body, thanks to the love of Jesus in me. Most Americans, I believe, are NOT racists.

I have NO idea why such an exorbitant amount is being paid to the families of those slain in Charleston. It’s not the government’s fault. It’s certainly not the taxpayers’ fault. I’m very sorry for all they’ve had to go through – their loved ones were victims of a horrible crime. But does the government pay ALL victims’ families for ALL crimes in the nation? Again, that’s not equality.

• Judgy says:

I never owned a slave. I never killed a Native American, nor did I take their land. I never put up “No Japs Allowed” signs, nor shunned a Chinaman, nor did I participate in the “anti-Mexican” Zoot Suit Riots. I’ve never even pinched a Samoan! I bet you haven’t either!

I WILL confess to being a tad wary of the muzziest of Muslims–the ones who either won’t make eye contact, or who openly glared at my perfectly decent shorts. And I started being afraid of large groups of Latinas after some threatened me & followed me to my car cuz I asked that their toddler not talk during a movie. That’s about as racist as I get. My feelings on illegals are cuz they’re NOT SUPPOSED TO BE HERE.

My best friend all 4 years of high school was black. I honestly don’t remember hardly even thinking about race stuff til Captain Awesome took office.

To my mind, we have GOT to stop this “White Privilege” crap! Schools are paying out big bucks to have it INGRAINED in all teachers and admins. If anyone has any ideas on how to combat it, I’d love to chat. It will be destroying us LONG after Peace Prize goes off to eff up the U.N.!

• jakeandcrew says:

Amen, Judgy!

I had a similar experience in high school. I had two wonderful best friends – one black, one white. We were the three musketeers and we had so much fun. We also had a sense of humor about race – like the time my two friends convinced a pretty gullible girl that when my black friend wiped her face with a tissue, the “black” was coming off! Haha – it was her makeup, of course, but the look on that girl’s face was hilarious!

Schools are out of control – absolutely insane what’s going on in them. In Washington state, 6th grade girls can get an IUD implanted WITHOUT their parent’s permission. In Fairfax County, Virginia, the school board voted AGAINST the parents’ wishes to institute a pro-LGBT curriculum that will begin in 7th grade!

Parents who oppose this progressive nonsense need to get on the school boards, and stop it in its tracks. That’s short-term. In the meantime, we’ve got to elect a president that will at least begin the process of getting the federal givernment out of our lives, and putting the control back into our states and local governments…you know, the hands of the people.

• Judgy says:

You are BEYOND right. The state of Oregon is going to allow “transgender” minors to receive hormones, and even to get sex change operations WITHOUT THEIR PARENTS KNOWING.

It’s ALL crazy, and it’s ALL serious. I hone in on the “White Privilege” stuff though, because it is getting people KILLED.

• Judgy says:

Btw, your transracial triumvirate sounds great! I think you SHOULD be allowed to joke about race, the same way we joke about any other subjects that we may have conflicting feelings about, or no specific feelings at all–you shouldn’t treat it like it’s taboo; that breeds trouble & dishonesty.

I met my HS best friend on the very first day of high school. I have the same last name of someone in a very famous racial court case. She was sitting in front of me, and when she heard it called for attendance, demanded to know if I was related (I’m not). I was so surprised by her ferocity that I started laughing, and she was so surprised I found it funny that she laughed too. We were best friends from then on–humor transcending race. Nice to hear your experience!

19. manickernel says:

How are they able to stand there and say this with a straight face?

• wizzum says:

Reverse the races in the video, a crowd of white people and 1 lone black person getting beat up. Can you just imagine the outcry?

• Judgy says:

They’re all STILL convinced that Darren Wilson shot the Gentle Giant out of pure hatred, though nothing even coming CLOSE to that was EVER proven.

It’s so odd to be constantly lectured on how you MUST accept that you automatically, perhaps completely unconsciously, hate another group of people. Then to be constantly reminded that you are NOT ALLOWED to hate them.

“I didn’t!”, or “I don’t” are not deemed acceptable answers. THEY will tell you who you unknowingly hate! (And don’t you dare hate them!).

20. MLB allstar game in Cincinnati July 14.
    Ariana Grande hates America & licks donuts..

She was scheduled to entertain in Cincinnati July 14.. I say it’s a good thing she Cnx. She’s also slotted to play KFC yum center in louisville later this month. ( hope it Cnx too )
    Why don’t these haters of America & bona fide Americans just deport themselves? You know, like clooney

• jackphatz says:

She’s American! 22 and stupid, getting these anti-American ideas from the very people who promote her. These children of Nickelodeon and Disney have never been nurtured yet are placed as cultural icons.

• Judgy says:

She’s an uninformed little white girl who’s dating a black rapper–she probably thinks she HAS to say this kind of stupidity (“Yeah, baby–I love it when you say you hate America! Say you hate it again! Say you hate white people!”).

We used to have to worry about Peer Pressure with drugs. Now we have to worry about kids not being “cool” unless they hate their own skin color. It needs to STOP. I’ll admit, I never really took it seriously when alarmists would get upset for MONTHS about some random comedian’s dumb, throwaway ethnic joke. I’m willing to admit I may have been completely wrong. At least other minorities have the sense to band together when they’re being picked on. We whites appear to be a Special Kind of Stupid!

21. jackphatz says:

Per word on the street it was the public pressure. When you have a no nonsense cop saying, saying this,on Facebook: you are wrong, I saw this with my own eyes, I was there, you were not, plus the video, something was going to change. Like all cities now days the crime is up, the police morale is low largely due to what is happening all over the country. Maybe Blackwell choose to do the right thing.

22. Dave says:

It’s good that at least one time the hate crimes law is applied honestly. However, and it is a big however, it is very problematic indeed to allow the justice system and everyone else into peoples’ heads to punish them for the thoughts that they have. That is completely unacceptable. That is why it was possible for the networks to smear George Zimmerman by tampering with videos. We need to go back to the gold standard: Was this self-defense? Was this a violent felony assault? Was this attempted murder. It should be irrelevant in the legal system whether or not the motive of a felony is racism. Americans need to get away from the thought-crime mode and return to a real system of justice. Murder is murder, assault is assault.

Even so, it is extremely important that if we do have a communist style law like “Hate Crimes” we need to apply it fairly and evenly. The self-admitted (in a poll) most racist group of people in America are blacks. A lot of blacks have escaped not only the well-deserved hate-crime conviction but even well-deserved murder, assault, attempted murder, arson, and other felony charges and convictions.

• Dave says:

Correction: “It should be irrelevant in the legal system whether or not the motive of a felony is racism.” “It should also be irrelevant what someone thinks of another race when self-defense is the issue. The issue is whether someone reasonably believed that his life was in danger or that he reasonably believed that certain measures were necessary for self-defense. If a black person is pounding your head into the cement, it is irrelevant whether or not you like black people.

Also, maybe you did like them until 10 of them assaulted you, 200 of them insulted you grievously, and 30 of them pulled dirty tricks on you at work or school, and 5 of them left you with permanent injuries that changed your life. And maybe you noticed that 95% of them were lacking when you judged them by the content of their character. If that is the case, you still have the right to defend yourself.

• Dave says:

There is even a black Mayor who has escaped inciting a riot charges and dereliction of duty and other charges.

23. LiveFreeOrDie1776 says:

Concerned about the White backlash if he kept up the lie? That’s something new. Very nice!!

24. Dave says:

Memphis Mau Maus vote to dig up Nathan Bedford Forest. We are facing the new Mau Maus. This is a Mau Mau rebellion.

25. jackphatz says:

Not gonna happen.

Prosecutor Joe Deters has reviewed the evidence of Saturday’s attack on Fountain Square and does not think it was a hate crime.

Just a simple robbery of a drunk man.