It takes some kind of nerve to intentionally “provide space for people to destroy” a city, and then ask everyone who doesn’t live in the city to pay for it.

…”The $20 million estimate released by city officials does not include the cost to businesses of the unrest. The figure also does not include state or federal costs. It’s unclear when those figures will be tallied”…

Look closely at the business visited by Baltimore Mayor Stephanie Rawlings in this tweet she sent today:

You might remember this same business became a victim of Mayor Rawlings decision to allow the rioting mob “space to destroy”.

Now consider this – (Baltimore Sun) The recent rioting and unrest in Baltimore will cost the city an estimated $20 million, officials said Tuesday.

The expenses — which go before the city’s spending board for approval Wednesday — include overtime for police and firefighters, damage to city-owned property and repaying other jurisdictions for police and other assistance.

Henry J. Raymond, Baltimore’s finance director, said the city can temporarily cover the costs from its rainy day fund while seeking reimbursement for up to 75 percent from Federal Emergency Management Agency.

“The city remains on strong financial footing,” Raymond said. “Hopefully, with the FEMA reimbursement, it will reduce the financial stress that we’re under. In terms of the city’s overall revenue structure, we’re on firm footing and we’ll move forward.”

Both Gov. Larry Hogan and Mayor Stephanie Rawlings-Blake have requested federal aid.

Hogan has asked President Barack Obama to issue a disaster declaration so the city and state can be reimbursed for some expenses, officials said. Rawlings-Blake, meanwhile, encouraged city-based businesses to apply for aid from the U.S. Small Business Administration and the Baltimore Development Corp.  (read more)

baltimore mayor selfie w tweet

This entry was posted in BGI - Black Grievance Industry, Big Government, Big Stupid Government, CRS, Cultural Marxism, Culture, Dem Hypocrisy, Freddy Gray Death, media bias, Notorious Liars, Police action, Professional Idiots, Typical Prog Behavior. Bookmark the permalink.

92 Responses to First Baltimore Riot Bill Comes Due: $20,000,000 – Baltimore City Leadership Send Bill To FEMA, Forces All Americans To Pay….

1. Sentenza says:

I don’t think I got my money’s worth of them burning the city…

2. auscitizenmom says:

THIS IS AN OUITRAGE. 😡

3. Stephen says:

It takes some kind of nerve…

Yes, and it takes privilege.

4. kafir says:

must be one of them “man-caused disasters”. If I burn down my own house, would I get taxpayers to build me a new one? I could use a bigger garage.

• John Galt says:

Tropical storm Dindu Nuffins: an uncontrollable force of nature.

We’re going to incite a riot and whitey will give us money. Whatchu talkin’ bout? Here, hold my blunt, step back and watch this.

5. Dixie says:

Who wants to bet that Baltimore gets all they want from FEMA while Texas gets nothing? This is so outrageous.

6. seabrznsun says:

This is not a FEMA issue! They crapped in their own Easter Baskets. Let them figure out the consequences of their behaviors. And, correct me if I’m wrong, but I don’t think there were any significant legal percussions for the mob destruction & demolition crews.

• Just Tea says:

I just looked on FEMA site and they have covered ‘terrorist’ acts before. Now, have any of those responsible been charged as a terrorist act? I’ll bet not. Take a look:

• auscitizenmom says:

I wonder if it would do any good to point this out to our congresscritters?

• seabrznsun says:

Thanks for the great link! I bookmarked it for future reference.
        D.C. has been making out like a bandit under o blah blah. The only one of these I found under “Emergency Declaration”:
        “January 13, 2009
        News Release
        President Announces Declaration For The District Of Columbia
        WASHINGTON, D.C. — The President today declared an emergency exists in the District of Columbia and ordered federal aid to supplement the District’s response efforts in support of the 56th Presidential Inauguration. The declaration makes available funding and support for the purposes of ensuring the District of Columbia and the federal government are optimally prepared and postured to respond to the 56th Presidential Inauguration, beginning on January 17 through January 21.”
        I didn’t see a cost listed.

• auscitizenmom says:

Wait, if FEMA wants to cover the Baltimore melt down under a terrorist act of some kind, doesn’t that mean that they will have to declare the ones who destroyed it “terrorists” and arrest them?

7. John Galt says:

I blame the RINOS in Congress.

8. lovely says:

Well it seems that voting themselves other peoples money is no longer enough. Now they want to destroy and plunder other peoples property and then demand other peoples money when the plundering is paused. (Silly me I almost typed “When the plundering is done).

• kkdgrace says:

Especially with today’s court “win” on Obamanation’s Executive Action re Amnesty. He hated TX before all this ….wanna bet he’s even more bitter? Will all of the flooding disasters in TX have to compete with this thug- made disaster in Baltimore?

9. kinthenorthwest says:

. The flood and tornado victims should come first, but remember whom Obama seems to support now a days.
    Will be interesting to see who gets their money first. Can’t even figure out how the H3LL what happened in Baltimore comes under FEMA.

10. “The city can cover …through the rainy day fund.”

Good. Let ’em keep covering it, forever. I don’t want any of my tax money going to rebuild that place. They thought it was spectacular to let people loot riot and burn, they can live with the consequences.

11. TWO WORDS. INSURANCE FRAUD.

• fred says:

I bet if someone had the time it could be proved it was targeted burn just to get the rebuild money.I mean stand down, no NG, and no cops. I also bet someone smart pretargeted the areas to burn. I hate to think like that but…..

• auscitizenmom says:

Gee, what would make you think of something like insurance fraud? Just because ALL those people are criminals, liars, and cheats? /s

• Vivid Blue says:

Didn’t Mosby work for an insurance company looking for fraud before becoming SA?
        Didn’t the Mayor give space to destroy- mainly in Mosby’s husband’s district?
        Didn’t the Mayor give the stand down order so the rioters could destroy?
        Won’t most of the rebuild then take place- reward Mr.Mosby’s district?
        Didn’t Mosby decide being arrested was good enough punishment for rioters?
        How is this not a conspiracy for fraud?

• Spar Harmon says:

its urban renewal plan 2015

12. doodahdaze says:

This will not stand. Baltimore should be deleted.

13. Mentalist says:

I will repeat what I’ve said before, if her last name wasn’t “Rawlings” and her father wasn’t a kingmaker and one of the most powerful men in the Maryland legislature she wouldn’t have been elected dogcatcher. At least her father, Pete Rawlings had a modicum of common sense – which she and her brother (Wendell, who tried to enter politics based on his last name, but soon found out that no one cared since the old man was dead) obviously lack.

14. James F says:

And next election she can brag about how she brought $20,000,000 in new construction to the local economy!

15. Les says:

If I ever learned the true cost of keeping AA pets, I would probably have a heart attack. This is just a drop in the bucket.

• Sandra says:

Excellent point. You don’t want to know. When I saw the Chicago Housing Authority stats I nearly fainted. Then I got angry. It changed me forever. Add to that free health insurance, food stamps, phones and computers, school grants and loans (the latter which are probably rarely repaid), transportation, section 8 subsidies … it’s bad. We are forced to support these losers. And now we are forced to pay for the damage they inflict.

16. truthseekerr says:

so she tells cops to stand down, damage is done, she doesn’t get fired and gets us to pay for it.

17. Horsesoldier says:

What’s 20 mil when it’s other people’s money? You can be sure they’ll be looking for mo money when they burn the dump down again. FUBAR

18. lorac says:

Since when does FEMA pay for riots and looting. I thought FEMA was for natural disasters like floods, tornadoes, hurricanes, fires. I sure in the hell don’t want my tax dollars going to fix up some hood for the jungle animals to just destroy it again. Such BS!

19. maggiemoowho says:

How much of that $20,000,000 is going to be used to support terrorism?

20. froggielegs says:

Maybe they should send the bill to Deray…

• John Galt says:

Where the change consists of increasing the violent crime rate. Jolly good show.

• TwoLaine says:

“We’ve all been able to create a crisis to make change possible”.
      There! You have it! The smoking gun! A True Confession!
      Arrest him and all the others who created the alleged “Crisis”.
      Their punishment should be indentured servitude to all the cities and businesses they destroyed, until it is cleaned up, and built 100% back to where they were before.
      You want jobs? Fine, you got it. I believe it’s called a chain gang!

21. Daniel says:

I wonder if the law supporting this FEMA payout is being violated. Failure on the part of the local authorities to prevent and mitigate damage suffered should be a complete disqualification. And what they did was worse. It was encouraged and orchestrated destruction.

22. yakmaster2 says:

Apparently FEMA is covering man-made disasters now, so all the towns and cities of America wanting some urban renewal should just “burn this sh#t down!”

23. Aslan's Girl says:

I was all “hey, if Baltimore wants to elect a Marxist twit for mayor, so be it, it’s their problem, not mine”, but then they make ME pay for something I had NO hand in electing to office!! If Baltimore wants a moron in office then THEY need to deal with the consequences. This is why I agree with Ace in wanting a national divorce. They’d be happy to see me go (because I’m a trogolyte holding them back doncha know) and I’d be happy to be FREE.

24. TwoLaine says:

Send the bill to MORE and tel them to “CutTheCheck”.
    Anyone up for a sit-in to see how long it takes?

Where are the reporters on following this story?
    Where is James O’Keefe?

25. TwoLaine says:

Why is it we get a full scale investigation of this, ye NOTHING on the Thugs shutting down bridges and traffic everywhere across the country?
    Racciss?

26. FEMA is not going to pay for damages caused by rioting and looting. This is insane!

27. mcfyre2012 says:

In further news, FEMA returned the “bill” with a big red stamp that said, “DENIED.” The reason being that the riots and damages were completely preventable by the city.

28. Will says:

FEMA is run by the same people who are running the riots. No, there will be no evidence of that, because we know they all use private emails, and it will be years before any of it sees the light of day. I expect FEMA will pay, and on time. Texas will face lawsuits. And, they have another full year or better to “destroy more space”. And, they will.

29. Buddyz says:

This is absurd but what is worse is that the money they get won’t repair the burned out businesses or damage to public property. It will go to voter registration and get out the votes groups.

30. SukieTawdry says:

Are rioting, looting and burning now natural disasters?

31. Pingback: Baltimore to bill taxpayers for protest damage | Patriot Powered News

32. Pingback: First Baltimore Riot Bill Comes Due: $20,000,000 – Baltimore City Leadership Send Bill To FEMA, Forces All Americans To Pay…. | The Last Refuge | S.E.Thomson's Blog

33. I can not even believe that the mayor has not been fired and charges pressed against her for permitting it.obama has screwed this nation up and she screwed Baltimore up. thanks Mayor I will never vacation there and I am going to try and get everyone to be anti- baltimore.you are a disgrace.do us a favor and resign.

34. NightWisp says:

Send the bill to the mayor. She OKed the damage. She is responsible. I hope she has enough in her bank account. The victims need to sue her personally.

35. Pingback: Baltimore Sends Riot Bill To FEMA |